Author Topic: One Long Road  (Read 441 times)

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
One Long Road
« on: September 18, 2015, 09:05:24 AM »
 The smiling face of Ben Jordan appears on the screen in a non descriptive location, his eyes full of life as he looks down the camera. The camera moves down to show him wearing a black ACW shirt, the same as he wore on Climax Control this past week. The camera stops just underneath the logo and he smiles down the camera.

Ben: Afternoon people, hope you're all well. I gotta admit right now, I'm not in Argentina just yet, but I will be flying there tomorrow to give you people a cracking show, actually in a place called Twickenham, where I will be sitting out having a few beers before the ol' Rugby World Cup kicks off a little later. Yep, my arse will be there. Anyways, again, you've noticed the ACW shirt.

Ben runs his finger along the logo

Ben: Brilliant time in my life ya know, feels like it was forever ago, but only a couple of years. Funny thing is, it's been right there on my mind lately, stuck in me head something rotten.

Ben puts his hands out flat.

Ben: Yep, you guessed it, it's gonna be one of those flashback thingys, where we all get nostalgic, because it's important to remember where ya came from and respect what you've done. This little gem comes from day one, like proper day one. Was an odd day really cause I was about to have me first ever barny in the ring, and I met a fella called Casey Williams too. You're probably wondering why I decided to jump back in the past? Simples people, this week, I'm up against a bloke and a bird who has no idea who I am, or where I started so might get a bit generic with their banter at me, so let me give ya some insight, alright?

Ben looks to the side.

Ben: Can we get a little Wayne's World screen melting action going on here?

Ben looks at the camera waving his fingers in the style of the movie as the screen melts away and fades in to a scene from just over two years ago.

A nervous looking Ben Jordan stands leaning against a wall, before the start of the first ever Atlantic Championship Wrestling show. Wearing his white shorts with matching boots and knee pads, he looks around as sheets of paper are being handed out by current SCW star Casey Williams, drafted in by J.J Dixon to hand out a little backstage help to this relative new and inexperienced roster. Casey approaches Ben, looking at the smaller man, before handing him a sheet of paper.

Casey: Who are you?

Ben: Ben Jordan mate.

Casey blinks his eyes fast, hearing Ben's accent for the first time.

Casey: I'm Casey Williams.

Ben smiles as he puts out a hand to Casey but Casey looks at it before shaking it.

Ben: I know who you are. Mate, honestly, learning how to do this thing, I watched a shitload of your matches at AWA and SCW, you're bloody quality.

Ben stumbles out his words, looking at Casey but Casey curls up his lip, trying to understand what he's trying to say. Casey ignore his accent and looks down the sheets of paper still in his hand.

Casey: Looks like you're in the battle royal, with a winner getting a shot at the title at the end of the night.

Ben's eyes grow wide as he fires his face towards the paper.

Ben: Wait, I can win the top title here tonight? Bloody hell!

Casey stares at Ben once more.

Casey: You haven't been in this business long, have you?

Ben: To be fair cocker, this is like my first pro match on television, like I've never been around cameras or a crowd this big, or anything like this mate, honestly, it's all bloody new to me.

Casey rolls his eye at Ben and shakes his head.

Casey: well, good luck...

Fading back in to Ben's smiling face.

Ben: That was the beginning of my ride, the start of something life changing for me. Something that started a chain of events where I started to get a bit of a reputation. There was one hell of a huge moment for me, a moment I didn't think possible. A moment where I felt like I made it, like I'd done something worth remembering. I might not have won me first match and some wally from another company on a part time deal mighta waltzed in and took the top title, but I did something that turned out to become history...

Later in 2013, the door of a dressing room bursts open and a jubilant Ben walks in the dressing room with two title belts over his shoulder, The ACW Maritime Junior Heavyweight championship over one shoulder and the ACW Tag Team championship over the other. Mickey Carroll follows Ben in to the room, a smile covering the redheads face as he holds the other half of the championship in his hand.

Mickey: We fucking did it ye cockney bastard!

Ben turns to Mickey and puts a hand on his shoulder, excitement covering his face.

Ben: Too right you paddy tosser. Ben Jordan and Mickey Carroll, ACW Tag Team champions! Fucking get in!

Ben and Mickey grin widely as Ben takes a seat on a nearby bench, looking down at both the titles in his hand.

Ben: First the Junior Heavyweight, now the tag team titles. First ever ACW wrestler to be a double champion. Holy shit, considering a few months ago, I had nothing. Bloody hell mate, this is unreal.

Mickey moves towards a bag on the bench and pulls out two cans, one blue Fosters can, the other, a black Guinness can.

Mickey: If ye gonna cry like a bitch cause ya have two belts, ya not man enough to drink beer. I'll see if I can find ya a glass of wine.

Ben looks up at Mickey and shakes his head.

Ben: Just gimme a beer ya ginger tosser.

Mickey moves over towards Ben and holds a beer out towards him. He lays the titles on his legs and takes the blue can. Both men open the cans and whack them together before drinking at the same time.

Ben: To a very long bloody run with these things my old son. Marathon record setting champions.

Mickey nods in agreement at Ben.

Back to the smiling face of Ben, who is now sitting outside a pub in Twickenham, South West London. He holds in his hand a pint of lager, looking away from the camera as he takes a sip. He slightly turns his head to see the camera.

Ben: Oh, you're back already. Wondering how I got here so quick? Be amazed what you can do when someone yells cut, and ya fancying a pint. Be shocked how quick you can move your arse.

Ben clears his throat.

Ben: Anyway, back on script. I thought it didn't get any bigger than that and it really was a record breaking run, cause me and Mickey had those bad boys all the way through to the end of ACW, the only ever tag team champs they had. Alright, so I lost me other belt to some fella called Drake, who you might know, but losing that belt actually kicked me on to the next level, because I went on to do something else, the highlight of my career to date...

The last ever ACW, now renamed to All-Pro Championship Wrestling. Ben tiredly walks through the black curtain at the back of the arena, in his hands, his newly won ACW World championship belt. He stands at the top of the steps holding the belt in his hands and looking down, a smile across his face as he holds on to the rail with a free hand. A round of applause causes Ben to look up to see his fellow wrestlers around him clapping, his eyes scan the crowd to see Drake Green, Simon Jones, Guns For Hire, opponent that night Casey Williams, that time girlfriend Emma Rose, undefeated woman's champion Vixen, tag team partner and co tag team champion, Mickey Carroll. Ben looks around the crowd and smiles before walking down the steps, only to be surrounded by his fellow wrestlers, shaking hands and patting the new champion on the back.

Ben: You guys bring a lump to my throat.

Ben's boss, J.J Dixon approaches, moving though the crowd and putting his arm around Ben's shoulder.

J.J: Congrats Ben, you've just made ACW history tonight. First ever triple crown champion. I have to give myself credit for that because I hired you.

A tired smile crosses Ben's face.

Ben: Cheers J.J. Looking forward to working hard to have a run with this thing like I did with the other belts.

J.J instantly looks slightly uncomfortable.

J.J: Oh I'm sure you're gonna have that belt for a long, long time. Anyway kid, enjoy.

J.J walks away from Ben as he is swarmed by his fellow wrestlers.

Back to Ben outside the bar, where he is now posing for a selfie with a female fan. She quickly takes the picture and nods at Ben.

Ben: Have a good un sweetheart.

The woman smiles at Ben before walking away, Ben looks back at the camera.

Ben: J.J was right, I will have a long run with that belt, cause I never lost it. It made a brief return to SCW for a while, but I wasn't involved in it all, but from the original ACW, still the champ, cause I never lost it. J.J knew at that point that he'd lost ACW playing cards and yeah, I was the champ forever. Now there's a reason I've brought you from day one to the last day. Because this week, I'm taking on two newcomers to SCW, Desmond Knight and Helena Ring. This was for your benefit, because I'm trying to get across to you good people that despite slow starts, you can go on and become a ledge, if ya have the pride to do it. This one won't be easy to get off to a winning start.

Before Ben can continue, his phone starts to shake on the table in front of him. He holds up his finger to the camera.

Ben: Just a sec.

Ben picks up his phone and hits the button on it.

Ben: Drake, hello geezer, how's things?

Ben waits for an answer.

Ben: Yeah, not bad over here mate. Tell Lyah not to worry, I will be in Argentina soon, flight out tomorrow morning, they just don't like the brits much over there because the Falklands is ours and they want it. It's all political rubbish but some Argies really hold grudges and stuff.

Ben waits for Drake to speak.

Ben: No, I didn't see Helena's promo thing. You know me, I never watch those things till after mine is on the air. Only uncreative and lazy people watch them and use what someone says against them.

Ben listens to Drake once again.

Ben: Seriously? She called me a guy that lives on past glories? Oh bollocks, I've just shot a promo about the ACW days and successes and stuff, well, doing it now, just to show her and Dessie not to give up after we turn them over and she said that? Little bit harsh against a fella she don't know.

Ben waits for Drake to speak again and mouths some words to the camera.

Ben: Drake says hi.

He turns his attention back to the phone.

Ben: Cheers for the heads up mate, I'm not gonna scrap everything because she said that. So much for being inspirational to the new people, eh? Anyway, gonna have to go, about to do the snappy finger thing to rabbit about the match. Anyway son, catch ya soon. Laters.

Ben hits the button on the phone and clicks his fingers, causing the scene to freeze around him.

Ben: Well that's a kick in knackers. Apparently that bird said I live on past glories, when I went to all this trouble to find all that backstage footage to inspire her not to give up when Lyah and I go through her and her partner, like a vindaloo. Bit harsh for someone who is meant to be one of the good guys, facing two good guys...

Ben shakes his head slowly.

Ben: Getting mocked for things I'm proud of by a bird with the most punny name since Hope Heelcum was knocking around SCW.

Ben shrugs his shoulders.

Ben: Helena Ring... Hell in a ring... brilliant. This is a woman who thinks she's got her research right on me, but she's as far off as a Sergio Ramos penalty, but I've had a glance of who she is and well, she has probably the best nickname in SCW at least even with the punny first name. Pretty sure I saw this bird in some bodybuilding contest a while ago and yeah, the words muscles on muscles seems to come to mind, but you're not my problem to deal with to be fair. If ya didn't get the memo darling, we can't lay a hand on each other, men against men, women against women and although you might be one hell of a big un, I got every faith in Lyah to take care of ya. Yep, you might be bigger, and stronger, but take this from a fella, nothing more dangerous than a woman with the hump. You piss off a woman, they all of a sudden turn in to she Hulk. Lyah has the hump thanks to what Marky boy pulled the other day, she's proper fuming and no one can blame her.

Ben puts his hand around his beer on the table.

Ben: Alright, she gets to go all over the place with Drake, see the world, and maybe someday, she'd have been an SCW star but she didn't deserve to be forced in to this job, but she will be an absolute diamond pro. She wants to win as much as I do, she ain't gonna let me down and she is as pissed off as a sack full of rats, no amount of muscles in the world is gonna stop that.

Ben picks up his drink and takes a quick gulp before placing the glass back down.

Ben: One final thought on Helena Ring... How cool would it be to see her go up against Natalie McKinley and Traci Patterson in a triple threat match? Seriously, the power in that ring... Book it SCW, book it.

Ben runs his fingers around his glass.

Ben: On to Desmond Knight.... First off, why ya nicking Drake Green's showtime gimmick? Come on mate, there's only one show time and it ain't you. Can't beat the original. Am I right?

Ben turns his face to the table next to him, occupied by two men in England rugby shirts.

Ben: Ah, you ain't gonna answer, you're a bit frozen there.

Ben turns back to the camera.

Ben: I've done me reading on you, spoke to some fellas and stuff and the general thing I'm getting from them all is that you're a complete and utter tosser. I mean like a serious dick when it comes to pretty much every aspect of your life. Let me give ya some blinding advice here and I won't charge ya for it either. Being a dick around SCW is reserved for a certain boss Drake Green has an issue with, but he owns the place, he can do what he wants. Being a dick in the locker room son, it's only gonna get ya arse kicked more than you want it to. I get it, you're new to the game and you stick up that shield so people don't think ya weak or could get pissed on or whatever, but everyone knows when ya stick on that front, no one will take ya seriously.

Ben picks up the pint glass and holds it close to his mouth.

Ben: It's just a front brought on cause ya mummy didn't give ya enough hugs as a kid or something, that's Dr Jordan's diagnosis on you. You can act like a plum all you want, but when ya get in the ring, it's a whole different story. Trust me Dessie, you can be a vile human being, or a king amongst men, but when it comes down to it, it's about having the jacobs to stand up and be noticed, to show that you can back it up.

Ben takes a mouthful of beer before placing the glass down.

Ben: Thing is, this one is gonna be pretty rough for you cause you're up against me on ya debut here, and well, also hear you're a little bit green and what not, but it's all good, but experience will win out. I did this whole promo just to show you personally that even though ya will have a rocky start, there's hope for you yet.

Ben runs his fingers down the outside of the glass.

Ben: This one might be a harsh intro to SCW, but ya might learn a thing or two. I have no intentions of letting Lyah down in this one mate, so expect me on the top of me game and looking to work me nuts off to help give a lady with a big future a win, at your expense, but that being said, I hope you two come back stronger and more determined. Anyways, time for me to get me arse outta here, few things to do before heading in the stadium. I hope you both enjoy ya debuts, even if it doesn't go the way you're planning for it to go. I'll catch ya all on Sunday.

Ben stands up.

Ben: Laters people.

Ben clicks his fingers, walking away as the scene starts to move once more. The camera fades out.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen