Author Topic: ♥ twenty-four: Part II  (Read 255 times)

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
♥ twenty-four: Part II
« on: November 28, 2014, 11:52:56 AM »
 The scene opens in the bedroom of Ben Jordan and Emma Rose. Emma is seen in bed, the covers pulled up to her upper body with her arm pushed over the top of the bed covers. She breathes shallowly, the covers moving up and down with every breath she takes. The sound of a man clearing his throat can be heard and the camera turns around to show a smiling Ben Jordan, standing at the foot of the bed, just wearing shorts on his body. He lifts a finger up to his mouth, shushing the camera, before speaking softly.

Ben: Alright people, how's it going? Now, I'm sure you've watched the missus promo, which was slated to air before this. Did ya see what she did to me yesterday? When I said forty eight hour date, I didn't expect it too be starting at one AM, talk about shock the daylights outta ya. Well I'm not that mean, it's five AM now and we get to do what I want. I know, a geezer actually being able to do what he wants where his missus can't stop him. Unreal, innit?

Ben looks back at Emma, still miles away in the land of nod. Ben looks back at the camera.

Ben: She was a bit of a meanie yesterday, did you see the stuff she got me doing? Honestly, I do not like spending Friday's shopping, I don't like spending any day doing that, hence me Amazon account, but up at one, then push ups. All the stuff you didn't get to see, bloody hell, I washed the car. till don't think me hands have recovered from that.

Ben holds his hands up to the camera.

Ben: Dance lessons... honestly, that woman has to stop watching Dirty Dancing! I got two left feet and one of those don't like to work. Watching The Notebook, not good for a geezer, but she did tell me something while watching that, a film set she's never watched. That's gonna start in like ten minutes. Playing with the dog, washing hair, massages, foot rubs, not the ideal geezer date, well now it's my twenty four hours. It's Saturday the twenty second, there's a lot to do, so I should probably start.

Ben reaches in to his shorts pocket, pulling out a small remote control, and steps out of the room, softly shutting the door behind him.

Ben: Trust me, it's gonna be better to be out here.

Ben raises the remote and presses the button on the front, instantly causing loud rock music to blast from the room. Ben smiles innocently at the camera.

Ben: What?

The door flies open and Emma Rose bursts through the door, her hair in complete bed head mode. Ben smiles at Emma.

Ben: Morning Sunshine.

Emma waves her finger at Ben

Emma: Ben, it's just after five AM, what are you doing?

A smiling Ben strokes Emma's face as he uses the other hand to press the remote, stopping the music in the other room.

Ben: Well sweetheart, I thought you deserved a lay in, considering you was up soooooooo early yesterday. Thought I'd give you a few hours extra sleep. It's part two of the forty eight hour date and I got a great way to start it off.

Emma looks at Ben with sleepy eyes.

Emma: You want me to do push ups today?

Ben: No, when we was watching The Notebook and I mumbled something about Back to the Future and you said and I quote "I've never seen that junk". Well guess what you sexy little thing you.

Emma closes her eyes, knowing what's coming.

Emma: Oh God. Ok, how long is it on for?

Ben: It? There's three of them. Come on darling.

Ben takes Emma by the wrist, reluctantly leading her away from the warmth of her comfy bed.

-----------------------------

12pm.

To the sofa we go as the credits for Back to the Future III starts to roll down the wide screen television in the living of Ben and Emma. Emma rest her head on Ben's chest and his arm sits around her shoulder. Emma looks up at Ben.

Ben: Well, whatcha think?

Emma: I don't get it.

Ben pulls his head away from Emma, looking down at the redhead.

Ben: What's not to get? They build a time machine in the shape of a car and bounce through time. There's nothing else to it. Throw in a flying skateboard and everyone's happy. It's like the best film series of our generation. They really need to make another one.

Emma: No one would pay to see that.

Ben: Wash your mouth out young lady, I'd pay to see it over and over and over and over.

Emma covers her ears, sitting up and scooting away from Ben. She looks across at the young Cockney, and slowly shakes her head in disappointment.

Emma: You think that's good but you complained at The Notebook?

Ben: Yeah, cause the notebooks rubbish, ain't it?

Emma pushes Ben in the arm before crossing hers and turning away from Ben, Ben smiles at the back of Emma's head and quickly glances down at his watch.

Ben: Oh baby, baby, baby, it's time for you to get dressed because we're going out this afternoon.

Emma turns back to Ben, a half cross look on her face.

Emma: Where are we going?

Ben: You'll see when we get there of course.

Emma: Ben, I need to know what to wear. I have this new dress and heels, I could wear them.

Ben scratches his tilted head, looking at the love of his life with lowered eyebrows. Eventually, Ben slowly shakes his head.

Ben: Nah, I think you might be a spot overdressed if you wore them. I recommend dressing up very, very warm because it's gonna be a bit nippy where we're going and you don't wanna be poking people in the eye with those things.

Ben points down to Emma's chest, but Emma once again pushes Ben away. She stands up, turning and walking out of the room, Ben's eyes following every step of the way. Emma turns past the door and Ben reaches in to his pocket, pulling out a phone. He looks over his shoulder, making sure Emma's out of the way before tapping in a pin code. He quickly hits his contacts and hits a number, looking over his shoulder for Emma. The phone stops ringing and a distant sound of a voice on the other end is heard.

Ben: Hello mate. Yeah, everything is going as planned, up at five, watched the films she didn't want to, now out to the other places. She's hating every minute of it. Yeah, love a swerve. So listen mate, are you sure you can get this done in time? I'm getting her out of the house in about an hour or so you got about seven hours to get this done. Trust me mate, I'll make it worth your while. Nice one, drop me a message when ya done. Cya mate, bye.

Ben looks in to the camera, putting his finger to his lip, before giving the camera a wink and a thumbs up. Ben jumps off of the sofa and moves away to a different room.

2.30pm

Emma: There's a lot of people here Ben.

The lovely Emma Rose, wrapped up tightly with skinny blue jeans, and a thick looking fur coat, the fur fluffed around her collar. Ben, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, walks hand in hand with the Kiwi. Emma glances at Ben.

Ben: Yeah, well, it's a big un, ain't it?

Emma looks confused at Ben before turning away, looking at three men wearing the same blue shirt, a lion on the chest, with matching blue and white scarfs. Emma looks back at Ben.

Emma: I know that...

Emma stops in her tracks, stopping Ben in his and looking him in the eye.

Emma: Open your jacket.

Ben looks apprehensive as he shakes his head at Emma.

Ben: Not here girl, it's bloody freezing. I don't wanna catch a cold out here, or you'd have to look after me when I get the man flu.

Emma: Open your shirt Ben!

Emma's tone firms up, but Ben shakes his head.

Ben: Not happening.

Emma moves in closer and before Ben can react, Emma pulls down the zip of Ben's leather jacket. She steps back, looking at Ben's blue Millwall shirt.

Emma: You're taking me to the football!

Ben: Yeah, it's Charlton Vs Millwall, big rival game. Was hard to get the tickets for this one.

Emma turns away, shaking her head at Ben, who puts his hands on her shoulders.

Ben: Look baby, I did get you a little something yesterday that I saw when we was out shopping.

Emma looks in Ben's eyes.

Emma: You did?

Ben: Of course.

Ben reaches in to his pocket and pulls out a navy blue wooly hat, putting it on Emma's head and pulling it down, just above her eyes and straightening it up, lining up the stitched in white leaping lion badge, synonymous with Millwall.

Ben: You look triffic darling.

Emma stamps her foot, before turning away and walking away from Ben and in to the crowd. Ben looks at the camera.

Ben: This is going blinding.

Ben winks at the camera.

5pm

Walking away from the stadium, Emma looks at Ben with narrowed eyes, clearly not happy with Ben's current choices.

Emma: So who actually won?

Ben puts his arm around Emma's shoulder, leading her away from the Valley, the home of Charlton FC.

Ben: No one won, it was nil nil.

Emma: So what happens now?

Ben: Nothing happens now. Both teams get a point each, muggy little Charlton fans cry cause they haven't beat us there in a long, long time and we go somewhere else?

Emma: So we wasted a couple of hours watching Millwall not score a goal.

Ben can't help but smile at Emma's opinion on her first ever football game. He pulls himself closer to Emma as the duo walk.

Ben: Not my first time it will happen, won't be my last. Ok, so time to go somewhere else then I think.

Emma: Home maybe?

Ben: Awwww, my Emzy wanna go home?

Ben pulls Emma in for a cuddle, wrapping his arms around her and looking at the watch on his wrist. He curls his the left side of his lip down and slowly shakes his head.

Ben: How about we head on over to Canary Wharf and watch them light the huge Christmas tree.

Emma looks uneasily up at the sky.

Emma: It looks like it's gonna rain or snow or something.

Ben looks up, shaking his head at the sky and looking back at Emma.

Ben: Nah, looks lovely up there, come on, it'll be fine. We'll go jump on some trains and we'll be at Canary Wharf before ya know it. Maybe someone famous is lighting the tree or something.

Emma rolls her eyes at Ben, before moving next to him and linking her arm in his. The duo walk away as we do another time jump.

4.45pm

Canary Wharf underground station. Ben and Emma stand on the escalators, moving towards the top, Emma standing in front of Ben by two steps. Ben steps up to the step behind Emma, putting his arms around her, and his head on her shoulder.

Ben: Don't worry darling, this is the last thing I have planned out, then we can get some dinner and go home.

Emma remains silent as the two reach the top, seeing a shocking sight. The London rain piles down from the sky at a high velocity, bouncing hard off the ground as people run for shelter. The two step off the escalator and stand looking at the puddles being formed on the ground. Emma shakes her head, not saying a word before turning around and walking back in to the underground station. Ben quickly reaches in to his pocket and pulls out his phone, quickly unlocking it and hitting the contact menu. Ben hits a number and raises it to his ear.

Ben: Pick up, pick up, pick up!

A look of relief crosses Ben's face.

Ben: 'Ello mate, listen, no time for small talk, how ya getting on? Look mate, you're gonna have to get ya arse in gear and move it cause the rain has pissed on the plans a bit. Just hurry up and I'll try and stall her. Yeah, ok mate, bye.

Ben looks at the camera.

Ben: Never can reply on the poxy British weather!

Ben turns around and moves to the top of the escalator, quickly moving down towards Emma.

5.30pm

The front door of Ben and Emma's mostly underground house. The two, soaked through to the bone stand outside as Ben reaches for the key, sliding it in the lock and turning it, pushing the door open. Emma moves past Ben and in to the house. A door sits on the right and stairs leading down from their current position, Ben looks at the camera.

Ben: That's like a conservatory, one of the few rooms in this place you can look outside the house from.

Emma starts to walk downstairs, but Ben calls out to her.

Ben: Oi, where'd you think you're going?

Emma stops in her tracks.

Emma: To get dry.

Ben: Come here a sec.

As Emma turns and walks back up the stairs, Ben talks to himself, opening the door to his left.

Ben: Please be done.... oh thank god!

Ben smiles at Emma as she reaches the top of the stairs and points in the door. Emma walks in to the room, where the curtains are drawn, a large Christmas tree stands in the corner of the room, decorated with blue and white lights. A fight place sits near by, lit up as the smoke drifts up the chimney. Emma's eyes widen as she looks at the rows of presents underneath.

Emma: Ben...

Ben: I know, it's a little early but I'm a kid at heart, love a Christmas tree.

Emma wraps her arms around Ben's neck and Ben holds her close.

Ben: Why don't you open the curtains darling.

Ben follows Emma towards the curtains, bending down and placing a little blue box under the Christmas tree. He stands up straight as Emma pulls back the curtains.

Emma: Ben...

Ben: I wasn't doing anything!

Emma: Ben, it's snowing. It was raining a few minutes ago.

Ben moves behind Emma, putting his arms around her from behind and squeezing her tight. Ben turns his head towards the camera and winks as the camera switches to outside, showing Ben and Emma inside the room. The camera goes up to see a snow machine above the window, firing out white flakes in to the dark evening air. The camera jumps in to the room again with Ben looking at the camera.

Ben: Gotta love a swerve.

Ben gives a thumbs up to the camera as the scene fades out.

Ben Jordan's face appears on the screen.

Ben: Right people, this is the part where you have to use your imagination. It's Friday right? But I'm not in Vegas yet, I'm in Cabo, Emz is doing some photo shoot thingy, but close your eyes and imagine with me.

Ben closes his eyes and the hallway of an SCW locker room area is seen. Benches and lockers are seen all around the room as discarded wrestling gear is seen on the floor. Ben opens his eyes and looks around.

Ben: That wasn't too difficult, right? Ok, now remember, everything you see is completely imaginary, these people are not actually here, including him.

Ben points a finger over to where Casey Williams in standing, looking across the locker room at Ben, evil in his eyes.

Ben: My ol' rival, the man I took the ACW title off on the last ACW show. This geezer and me have beat each other all over the gaff constantly, but you remember how we met Casey? After the first ACW show, you pulled me to one side and had a word in my shell like, telling me not to give up, that the talent was there, that I could beat people if I knuckled down and all that stuff and I did Casey, I beat you son, more than once. Respect was there, then the guy I trained for you, the little street thug Garcia decided to gob in my face after I put the time in for ya.

Ben walks towards Casey, waving his finger

Ben: Not good son! Not good at all! Will be my absolute pleasure to dunk you over the top rope mate, it really will.

Ben walks out of the locker room and in to Matthew Kennedy.

Ben: Didn't have bundles of interaction with this guy back in the day, he was winding down and doing some segment thingy, and I was trying to find my feet in SCW. Doesn't take away that the geezer did well in SCW. Without blokes like Kennedy, SCW wouldn't have had a foundation to build on, respect for that, even if he is a bit of a pompous tosser.

Ben walks away from Matthew Kennedy and past Max Burke, pointing a thumb at him as he trots past.

Ben: Didn't have a whole lot to do with Maxy there either but I agree with what a lot of people said back in the day that Max is the best wrestler not to have held the top gold. Bloody shame really cause I reckon the geezers forgot more about wrestling then this bloke will ever know. I won't lie, when I came to SCW, Max was the fella I watched closely, kept an eye on, the guy knows his stuff in the ring and I may have been on the ol' ASW site earlier and saw Max has signed up as a commentator. That's in ring wrestling's loss, let me tell ya!

Ben turns a corner, seeing Goth holding a glass of red wine between his fingers. Goth stares at Ben, his eyes locked on the Englishman.

Ben: Now there's a fella that freaks me out to say the least, but you can knock him for what he did here. He did exactly what I did in ACW, triple crown champion, only male to do it here so you can't underestimate him in anything he does. He didn't just fall in to these titles, the bloke earned them by beating a lot of people. Jumping from unpredictable roulette title to heavyweight is no easy task, you have to get yourself mentally ready for it in different ways and this bloke has been around long enough to know how to play the game. Really gotta keep an eye on him.

Ben continues to walk down the hallway.

Ben: It wasn't all bad people in the ring, take this guy for example.

Ben points to Jamie Staggs, standing eating a dish of nachos, the cheese dripping from his fingers.

Ben: This bloke, I worked with in the group known as NXT. Jamie was always the prankster of the place, I think he still is.

A member of the SCW production team walks past and Jamie runs his cheese covered fingers down his back, causing him to turn around. Jamie gives him a casually wave.

Ben: Yeah, defo still the Jamie Staggs I knew and pissed myself laughing around constantly. There is never a dull moment when this guy is around. I think that's what made the New XTremes fun. The personalities. Take him for example.

Ben walks over to Aleksei Koji, taping him on the back as he sways against the way.

Ben: Now when me and Mickey joined NXT, this was the fella put in charge of looking after us, making sure we didn't get ourselves in trouble. Problem was, we was all alike, loved a drink and a party so Aleksei didn't know what hit him. Instead of having two fella's he could mentor, he had two fella's who could drink as much as he could. They were fun times. Well, the times I could remember.

Ben continues to walk, seeing Ethan Brody standing to one side.

Ben: Another of my bad arse NXT boys. He and his partner wasn't called Guns For Hire for nothing. These boys would kick ya nan's arse if you paid them enough. I'm not joking either. Honestly can't wait to see Ethan again, top geezer, would give ya the shirt off his back, but if you gave it back to him wrinkled, he'd strangely ya with it. Don't ask how I know that.

Ben walks in to a big open area, right behind the black curtain that leads to the ring. Ben looks to the ring to see Jordan Williams standing next to the curtain at the bottom of three silver steps. Ben moves towards him, putting his arms around him before stepping back.

Ben: I know he's not here and you're all doing a wicked job at using your imagination. This man is a damn legend that gave me a chance to work with him, to earn from him, to wrestle with him. The geezer is an absolute saint and I learned so much just being around him. Our team might not have lasted but in that short time, the amount of stuff I started to see about what we do, about how we entertain, was proper decent mind blowing stuff. Honestly, I'm absolutely proud to have had this legend in my corner. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm a little bit star struck standing next to him right now, and this is all in your imagination.

Ben walks up the steps, turning around and looking at the backstage area, before continuing.

Ben: I've told ya about my past with some of these geezers, on how some impacted me or how some showed me different parts of wrestling, but it's all about when you get through these.

Ben points to the black curtain with his thumb and turns, walking through it in to a busy arena, every seat taken.

Ben: It's about what you do on the day for these people and win or lose, I'm coming to put on a show. Anyway people, you can stop imagining now.

Ben clicks his fingers and the scene changes to Ben sitting on a beach, wearing khaki shorts and a white short sleeved shirt. He looks in the distance where camera flashes go off in the direction of a scantily clad Emma Rose. Ben reaches next to him, lifting a beer up next to his mouth.

Ben: It's an 'ard life, innit?

Ben takes a quick gulp of beer.

Ben: Anyways, I'll see you all on Sunday.

Ben raises the beer in his hand.

Ben: Laters people.

Ben puts his free thumb up and winks at the camera as the scene fades to nothing.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen