Author Topic: Remember the Name  (Read 294 times)

Offline Trishelle Jordan

• View Profile
    • Christina Bentley
Remember the Name
« on: December 11, 2014, 10:04:26 PM »
 REMEMBER THE NAME… DESIREE DRAKE

“Last time I stepped into the ring, I made a statement. I showed that I’m more than just a blonde bombshell. I’m more than just a girl who models and posts her provocative pictures on Twitter. I’m a serious athlete. Orchid learned that up close and personal two weeks ago on Climax Control. The fans of SCW will never forget the name Desiree Drake, I’m going to make sure of that. Come hell or high water, they will never forget my name…”

SCENE ONE || LIFE IN THE SPOTLIGHT
OFF CAMERA

Outside of her favorite Miami gym, Desiree Drake is standing against the wall. She has her iPhone in her hand and is sending a text message. Her one track mind is truly focusing on the text message as many people pass her. After a few more moments of pounding her fingers on her phone, she looks up and has a smile on her face. As she holds her phone in her right hand, she walks away from the wall.

Desiree Drake||
Well, it’s been how long? I mean I shouldn’t have to wait eight thousand years to see my own sister.

Desiree’s sister, Alyx, was standing in front of her. Alyx ,who has her hands on her hips, shakes her head at her sister.

Alyx Drake||
Look, I’m a busy nineteen year old. I’m trying to live my life Desi. I really don’t see why you wanted to meet here. You know I don’t work out. I mean I know I look like I work out all the time, but I don’t. Now, why in the hell would you want me to meet you here? If I wanted to see a bunch of male chauvinists’, I’d actually go to my Poli Sci class.

Alyx and Desiree are polar opposites. Everything that Desiree liked, Alyx hated. The only thing the two had in common was their love for pizza and the DNA that they both shared. Desiree smirks at her sister before she begins to speak.

Desiree Drake||
Look, I’m sorry that we’re meeting under less than mutual circumstances, but I’m only in Miami for one day. I have to get my daily workout in, so this was the only time that I had allotted that we could meet up. I love you, but I have to look great being in the ring on Sunday.  

Desiree knew that her sister never really agreed with her life choice. Alyx always thought that Desiree deserved better than what she was doing. Sure, Desiree is a stunning girl, but she has a brain too. Alyx truly believes that Desiree should be somewhere else other than wearing skimpy outfits inside a wrestling ring. Alyx goes over to the gym door and opens it. Stepping aside, she lets Desiree enter first. She soon enters after her sister. The two sisters go over to two elliptical machines. They both get on their separate machines and begin to workout. After standing in a few minutes of silence, Desiree turns and looks at Alyx. Alyx, who is in deep concentration, doesn’t notice her sister looking at her.

Desiree Drake||
Alyx… Alyx… Alyx Lynn Drake… ALYX!!!!

Alyx suddenly turns around and looks at her sister. She takes a deep breath as she is trying to regain her composure. After a few seconds, she begins to speak once again.

Desiree Drake ||
Girl, where in the hell is your head at? I just said your name multiple times and you didn’t respond.  I know you’re an airhead, but I’m not used to you totally ignoring me. What’s up Alyx, this isn’t like you.

Alyx looks at her sister for a few moments before jumping off her exercise machine. Alyx walks away and is closely followed by Desiree. Alyx walks out of the gym. Desiree stops at the door and takes a deep breath. She opens it and runs after her sister. As Alyx goes to get into her 2014 Nissan Altima, Desiree grabs onto her sisters arm. She turns her around as the two look at each other in the eye. After a few moments of looking at each other, Alyx looks down.

Alyx Drake ||
Why in the hell should you care? I mean, you go away for months at a time. You don’t even attempt to call in and check on me. You just use me to babysit your precious little penthouse apartment. You know you don’t give a damn about me. Why are you taking such a sudden interest in me? Quite frankly, I don’t know why I agreed to see you.

If words could kill, Desiree would be dead. Her relationship with her sister was always her pride and joy. Even from a young age, Desiree was like a mother hen. She prided herself on being almost another maternal figure to her siblings. To know that Alyx felt that way towards her, it almost humbled her.

Desiree Drake ||
Alyx, you know that I’d do anything for you. You know that I love you, I don’t get this hostility. I know that you don’t agree with what kind of career choice I’ve made, but I’m doing extremely well for myself. I just signed a new huge contract. I’m finally getting the exposure that I always wanted in this business, you should be happy for me. Everything that I’m doing, I’m doing for you and all the others. Mom supported us so much, it’s my turn to support everyone. I know that my methods are a little unorthodox, but it’s getting the job done. I mean come on, that car that you’re riding in is because of my job. If it wasn’t for me modeling and wrestling, our family would still be struggling the way were in two thousand and nine.

Alyx knew deep down that Desi was correct. However, she would never be able to admit it. She loves her sister, she really does. She just doesn’t enjoy anything that she does.

Alyx Drake ||
Look, I don’t understand why you had to bring up this car. You got it for me as a birthday gift. You know what, I don’t have the fucking time to deal with you and your shit. I have finals that I should be studying for. Forget that I ever agreed to meet you. Now, I know why we never ever fucking speak to each other. I hope that you don’t forget where you came from. Enjoy your flight back to wherever the fuck you came from this time.

With a look of anger on her face, Alyx gets into her car and quickly starts it. She backs out of her parking space, and leaves the parking lot. As she watches her sister leave, Desiree can’t help but to feel that she was right. Was Desiree focusing on her career entirely too much? Was she completely out of touch with everything that her family had stood for? Was it possible that Alyx was just on her rag? How could she not be? She had never been so ungrateful to Desiree like that before. Desiree had put her neck on the line for her sister multiple times in the past. Between buying her a car AND letting her stay at her place, why would she be so ungrateful. The one certain thing was Desiree felt like shit after their conversation. Taking a deep breath, Desiree walks towards her car. Looking up at the sky, she shakes her head. Putting her hands on the top of her Mercedes, she turns her head towards the gym. She contemplates getting back into the gym, but she doesn’t. Instead, she unlocks the door and gets into her car. As she slowly backs out of her parking spot, she drives away. As she drives away, the song on the radio said it all. “Say something, I’m giving up on you.”

“How can someone be so fucking cruel? After everything that I’ve done for her, how could she say shit like that about me? Does she forget everything that I do for her? Does she forget that if weren’t for me, she wouldn’t be going to college? Does she forget that I’m the one who cooked every meal for her since she was in High School? If it wasn’t for me, she wouldn’t be where she is today. You know what, I’m done worrying about her. If Alyx thinks we don’t speak enough now, give it a few more weeks. She’ll be lucky to get a Christmas gift from me in 2022 if she’s lucky.”

SCENE TWO || DOUBLE THE PLEASURE… DOUBLE THE TROUBLE
ON CAMERA

The scene opens in a rather plain hallway. The camera seems to focus in on the right walls on the hallway. Slowly panning over the pictures on the wall, there are multiple pictures of some of Sin City Wrestling’s Bombshells. As the camera pans throughout the pictures, something becomes apparent. There are pictures of bombshells, but only three of them. The three bombshells that continue to come up in the pictures are: Roxi Johnson, Melody Grace, and Misty.  Once the camera gets down to the end of the hall, there are three pictures of each of these bombshells. All three pictures are substantially larger than the other pictures that were on the wall. Suddenly, the sound of footsteps can be heard coming towards the camera in the distance. As the sounds come closer, it’s apparent that more than one set of feet are making the noise. The camera slowly turns around Desiree Drake is seen walking towards the camera with a beautiful brunette. Both women are dressed in rather stunning fashion. Desiree is dressed in a short black dress, and a pair of matching black high heels. The brunette is wearing a similar white dress, with a pair of red high heels. Desiree and her comrade walk towards the camera. Once they make it close to the camera, it turns back towards the three big pictures. A few seconds later, both Desiree and the brunette stand up next to the pictures. Desiree is between the picture of Roxi and Melody, and the brunette between Melody and Misty. As the two women look at each other, Desiree begins to speak.

Desiree Drake ||
I guess this is as good as a time as any to introduce you to the world darling.

The brunette simply nods her head. Desiree turns her attention over to the camera. She places her right hand on her right hip with a look of confidence on her face.

Desiree Drake ||
Ever since I was a little girl, my mother told me an old adage. Behind every great woman is a great man… yeah right. Once I got into wrestling, I realized that was a crock of shit. No man has ever done anything for me when it comes to me getting in that ring. Don’t get me wrong, I’m eternally grateful for my trainer. He taught me everything that I know inside that ring, but he hasn’t done shit for me since I got my big break. That’s why I’ve been by myself for so long in this business. However, that’s going to change. You see, I believe that behind every great woman… is another woman.
Desiree turns around and looks at her brunette confidant on the side of her. After a few moments, they both turn back towards the camera as Desiree continues to speak.

Desiree Drake ||
You see, that’s why I have this stunning beauty on the side of me. Though I may not like all women, this one is different. I want to introduce Devyn Vitale to all of you.  I firmly believe that with someone behind me, I cannot fail. Devyn is the right woman for that. I only align myself with those that I believe to be strong enough to get where they want to go. That’s exactly what Devyn Vitale is.

Taking a step forward, Devyn looks at Desiree with a confident smirk on her face. Turning her attention back to the camera, the brunette bombshell leans against the picture of Misty. After taking a moment, she begins to speak.

Devyn Vitale ||
I am a firm believer in helping those who help you. Desiree has done that for me for years. If it wasn’t for her Desiree Drake, I wouldn’t have known that being in this business was right for me. Desiree helped me out last year, so it’s my turn to help her out. After all, isn’t that what besties are for? Desiree thought it would be a great idea to have her best friend with her at ringside, so that’s where I’ll be. Like any best friend, I’m going to have Desiree’s back. I’m not here to make friend with anyone else, I’m here to make sure Desiree gets what she deserves. Like Desiree, I’m smart, sexy, flawless,… and dangerous.

Devyn reaches her right hand over and taps Desiree on the shoulder. Acknowledging this with a nod, Desiree takes a step up. She drops her hands down to her sides as she looks in the camera with a deep gaze.

Desiree Drake ||
Climax Control is going to be the beginning of a new era in Sin City Wrestling. I’m getting what is possibly the biggest opportunity that I’ve had in professional wrestling to date. At Climax Control, I’m competing in one of the biggest tag matches of my life. My partners and I, Mikah and Mercedes Vargas, are facing three of the biggest names in the bombshell history. You see, I’ve been a fan of wrestling for a very long time. I’ve never seen three women who have the level of talent… that me and my partners have.

Desiree lets out a quick chuckle. She turns to Devyn to see her nodding in approval. Turning her head back to the camera, she begins to speak once again.

Desiree Drake ||
No other bombshells on the entire roster, that can compare to us three. Mercedes Vargas has proven that for years now. Being the current Bombshell roulettes champion, Mercedes shows that she’s an amazing wrestler. In fact, she’s so good she doesn’t even need those Mean Girls. Mikah, you and I have some pretty similar personalities. I guess we can both be considered bitches. However, I like to believe that we both have the talent that it takes. In fact, I believe that we’ll both be the next big things in the Bombshell’s division. I believe that the three of us create the perfect storm. We are the perfect balance of beauty, strength, and danger. We’re going to make the biggest challenge that our three opponents have had in quite some time.

Desiree takes a few steps up and away from the pictures. She turns her back to the camera and stares at the pictures. Soon, Devyn moves away from the pictures and stands next to Desiree. As they both analyze the pictures, Devyn speaks up.

Devyn Vitale ||
So these are your three opponents at Climax Control? What exactly is so great about them? I mean, they all look pretty damn plain to me. I mean, that first one needs to drop the red hair. I think the entire fucking world can tell that it isn’t natural. The second one needs to seriously do something about those eyebrows. Its okay to let them grow out, but those caterpillars need a damn good waxing. As for that last one, has she ever seen what it looks like outside. I mean there’s white, then there’s that.

Desiree turns her head towards Devyn for a moment, then back to the pictures. Crossing her arms over her chest, after some pondering, Desiree Drake begins to speak once again.

Desiree Drake ||
There isn’t a doubt in anyone’s mind that these women look like crap. However, I’m not here to talk about their looks. Even if they look like the strippers that work the day shift, that’s not the point. This is all about what me and my partners are going to do them at Climax Control. Hmm… I don’t know who I should start with. I mean all three of these women are pieces of work. They may be some of the most loved bombshells of all time, but they all need serious psychological help. Somehow you women function in society, but you need to all be in strait jackets.

Slowly, Desiree goes up to the picture of Roxi Johnson. Looking at the iconic bombshell holding the Bombshell’s Championship, she puts her right hand under her cheek. Slowly moving her right hand on the picture, she begins to speak once more.

Desiree Drake ||
Roxi Johnson, you are one of the most iconic bombshell’s in SCW history. I cannot deny that you have been one of the most influential names in this company. I can go on and on about the classic matches that you’ve had over your years here. You have held the highest title in our division on two separate occasions. That’s something that even I have to admit is an amazing accomplishment. You have accomplished what everyone dreams of doing. You’ve done it twice, so that proves that you have to be good at what you do. However, I have trouble understanding how you did that.

Desiree takes a few steps away from the picture. As she looks at it as if she’s in a staring contest, she continues to speak.

Desiree Drake ||
The only thing I know about you is that you have a subpar wife, and that you are really nice. How in the fuck have you made it so far as an athlete without getting mean? I mean, you can’t be nice all the time doll face. One day, you’re going to be falling flat on your face thanks to being so damn nice. You see Roxi, there was a time not so long ago that I was just like you. I used to think that if I was a total sweetheart, that no one would hurt me. That no one would try to take advantage of me. I used to think that I’d be the girl who everyone would love, that was a crock of bullshit. I learned that not everyone would be able to like me. I learned that you have just say fuck it when it comes to what other people think. The only person that matters, is you. That’s why I can’t understand how you can care what all these people think about you. That’s what you’re ultimate hubris will be in your career. Caring what these fans think is the worst thing that you can do. Have you ever wondered why you haven’t captured a third bombshell’s title? I actually think that I know why you haven’t. If you’d show that you actually don’t give a damn about what other people think, you’d walk to the beat of your own drum. You wouldn’t look like some mindless number. You’d be innovative, and people would take notice. The recognition that you’d get would surely bring you to the level that you should probably be at. You’d be back at the former glory that you had earlier this year. However, I think that the damage is already done. This Sunday, you’ll be facing me and my partners. I think we all know that we have something to prove on Sunday. I’m going to make sure that I show everyone why being nice gets you nowhere. Being a cold hearted bitch will always trump a little nice girl. Whether that’s you fire crotch, or one of your little partners… I vow that.

Devyn taps Desiree on the back as Desiree grabs onto the picture of Roxi by the frame. In a flawless motion, she throws the picture onto the ground. The glass on the picture shatters and falls onto the floor. Desiree lifts up her right leg and pushes the picture off to the side. Then, she turns her attention over to the picture of Melody Grace. As Devyn places her right hand on the edge of the picture of Grace, Desiree begins to speak once again.

Desiree Drake ||
Melody, you are the odd person out on your team. Everyone else on your team has accomplished something, but you’re the rookie. Frankly speaking, I don’t ever see you accomplishing anything. You see, I don’t think you have enough of a brain to ever accomplish anything. I sit there and watch my twitter feed. Not an hour goes by without seeing something stupid coming from your account. I swear, I think Bubbles the chimp could keep a more cohesive thought than you ever could. I swear you must be a medical marvel. The fact that you can function as an everyday human being, I’ll never understand how you do that. I mean based on what I can tell, you should be in some cage somewhere throwing feces at on coming tourists.

Devyn looks at Desiree with a somewhat uncomfortable look. She mouths the words “eww” at Desiree who simply shrugs her shoulders. As Devyn Vitale shakes her head in disgust, Desiree continues to speak.

Desiree Drake ||
Melody, you may be an odd cookie, but you’ll be in the ring with me. I’m not going to sit there and let you play that innocent shit with me. I am going to take you out. I am going to make you realize that this wrestling thing isn’t for you. I’m going to make you see that you aren’t cut out for this wrestling business. Quite frankly, I don’t think that you’re cut out for anything. Maybe you would make an amazing rave girl. I mean considering the bright neon shit you wear to the ring, you’d be perfect for that. Hell, maybe you could even be a traffic cone. I don’t think any car would be able to claim they didn’t see you wearing something like that. The point is, I’m going to take it to you and your partners at Climax Control. In fact, I want to make you cry. I want you to fall on your knees and beg for me to take it easy on you. I want to make you my little bitch!

Desiree nods at Devyn. After getting approval, Devyn knocks Melody’s picture down from the wall. The picture falls down on the floor. Much like Roxi’s, the glass shatters all over the place. Desiree looks on in approval as Devyn moves down to the Misty’s picture. Desiree goes over to Misty’s picture and places her right hand on it. Desiree can’t help but to stare at the picture of Misty. The picture is of the moment that Misty celebrated winning the inaugural Bombshell’s championship. After a few more seconds of silence, Desiree begins to clap very slowly. After moments of clapping, Desiree throws her hands on her hips before she speaks on her final opponent.

Desiree Drake ||
Misty… Misty… Misty, where do I begin? Everyone basically says that you’re the most influential bombshell in the history of this company? You were the first person to win the title that we all want. You have held every title in our division. You are the person that everyone should be look up to. However, I don’t agree with that. So what, you have won every title, that just means that you’ve accomplished everything that there is to accomplish. It’s time for you to ride off into the sunset Misty. Your time is done. You’re getting older, and every bombshell that comes in now is going to get younger and younger. You aren’t a needed facet around here anymore. You know, you may have been all the rave back in 2011, but we are a whole new breed of women now. SCW has never seen someone with the amount of beauty and talent that I possess. Like with everything, the older versions get replaced by bright, new, and shiny versions. I’ll be honest, there will never be another Misty. That’s a good thing, we don’t need another Misty. The current Misty isn’t good enough to begin with. Sure, for a while you were the best thing going. However, that was before there was another alternative to the bullshit that you are. Nothing about you is good Misty. Sure, the Ford was a great car, but how long was it the only one? When people only have one subpar thing, they settle for that. That was you for the longest time Misty. You were the only really good thing going for the bombshells, so of course you were going to accomplish a lot more than you should have. That doesn’t mean that you’re good, in fact I think you’re mediocre. You’ve been around for so long, is it really possible for you to get any better? It’s downhill for you Misty. Nothing about you can go better. In fact, I think that you’re starting to lose your mind just a tad. I mean, I love watching Twitter. Why in the hell must you always interject yourself into Drake Green’s personal business? I mean whether it’s with Trishelle Jordan, or Liz Smalls, you’ve constantly stuck your nose in his business. Can you seriously be that insecure with yourself that you have to interject in a friendship of a dumb bitch and an ex? I mean, I don’t like Liz Smalls either, but I wouldn’t give two shits if she was talking to one of my exes. They are an ex for a reason Misty. The sooner you remember that, the sooner you’ll finally realize that you and Liz will have nothing to do with each other. She isn’t even under contract with this federation anymore. So, maybe you should keep your mind on what you have in the ring, instead of that dumb bitch. I would think that simple formula would be a no brainer, apparently it isn’t. So, I’m going to take full advantage of your distracted mind on Sunday. I’m going to make sure that you’re thoroughly embarrassed come Climax Control. As if teaming with a bitch who thinks she’s a superhero, or a dumbass wasn’t embarrassing enough. Who knows, maybe this loss will be so embarrassing, you’ll finally wise up. In fact, I hope that it means that all the people that back you wise up. Why in the hell would they support a Ford Model T, when they can support a nice Stingray?

With that, Desiree moves her hands up her hips seductively. As she sways her hips, the camera zooms in. It catches every intricate movement that she does. Once she stops, the camera zooms out as Desiree rests her hands on her hips.

Desiree Drake ||
The choice is quite simple. Misty, your time is running out. You need to step aside and let the new blood of SCW shine. The world would be an entirely better place if people like you would learn that. I truly mean that, and you’ll find out about that at Climax Control. Good luck Bella, you’re going to need it.

Desiree walks up close to the picture. She stands on the side opposite of Devyn. Both women look at each other, and nod. Suddenly, the picture of the first Bombshell’s champion Misty hits the floor. The glass shatters all over the place, as they both look at each other once more. As Desiree lifts her right hand, Devyn lifts her left. The two high five each other as and soon start to walk away. As they begin maneuvering their way over the pictures and glass, the camera slowly pans across the hallway. On the parallel wall, there are three big pictures of Desiree Drake. The camera pans into the one on the center as the scene suddenly fades out.