Author Topic: Let There Be Carnage  (Read 589 times)

Offline GKD

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Let There Be Carnage
« on: June 03, 2022, 11:29:56 PM »
May 30th, 2022, 1:37 PM

The day couldn't have been more perfect.  The sun is shining, there's a light breeze blowing in from the Chesapeake Bay, carrying the sounds of the soft music playing amid a small crowd, gathered just behind the Baltimore Museum of Industry.  The view.. Breathtaking.  Perfect sight lines of the Inner Harbor and all her history. 

Standing nearest to the small dock, Ken Davison takes a glance beside him - at Mac Bane and Sean Pollux - his best men.  Nodding to them, Ken did his very best to disguise how utterly nervous he is.  He moved to wipe his sweaty hands on his suit, but stopped himself just in time, letting out a shaky breath as he watched their guests slowly file into their seats. 

"It'll be okay, brother." The reassuring voice of Mac Bane enters Ken's ears, giving him a bit of pause.  Ken took another look, this time smiling softly at Mac and Sean.  Both men looked dapper in matching black tuxedos with white shirts, orange ties and cummerbunds. 

Ken just couldn't believe the day was finally here.  He took a look down at himself, and his matching outfit - except for the black shirt he wore beneath his tux jacket, making that orange tie and cummerbund pop even more.  He knew what his lady liked, he smirked to himself, and there wasn't a moment in which Ken Davison didn't want to give Kyra everything she wanted. 

Ken glanced up just as the maid of Honor, Amber Bane-Ryan peeked her head out from the doorway of the museum, giving Sean a nod.  As soon as the music changed, Ken could feel the butterflies in his stomach, his hands were shaking once more.

It was time.

Before he had time to take a breath, the doors opened once again and Amber stepped out, a bouquet of orange and yellow flowers in her hands.  She stops at the end of the aisle and adjusts the mid-length orange dress that's draped elegantly over her figure before she makes her way down the aisle.  Every now and again she sends a glance in the direction of her husband, as a soft grin tugged at the corners of her mouth. 

As Amber approached the end of the aisle, she turned to take her place opposite Ken and his best men - but Ken quietly stopped her.  Surprisingly enough, the hand placed gently on Amber's wrist didn’t make the Painted Hurricane get into a more 'defensive' posture - but instead, Amber eyed Ken cautiously, as if she'd be ready for anything if he decided to try it.

But instead of starting anything, Ken simply lowered his gaze for a moment.  "Thank you."  He whispers just loud enough for Amber to hear as he raises his eyes back up to meet hers.  She hid it well, but Amber Bane-Ryan was at a loss for words, so she simply nodded and moved away - taking her place on the right side of the minister.

As Amber turned around to face the doors she exited from, another beauty stepped through - and everyone awaiting her at the end of the aisle had the biggest smiles on their faces when they saw her. 

Adina, clad in the orange and white dress that she and her mother had nearly had a blowout over, stood in the doorway for a few seconds longer than necessary, beaming from ear to ear.   Her little eyes settled on the man she already called 'daddy' and she began her walk down the aisle, forgetting to sprinkle orange petals everywhere but it didn't matter. 

She got to wear her dress.  And judging from the tears in Ken's eyes as the little girl gets to the end of the aisle and dutifully takes her place at Amber's side, it was definitely the right dress. 

Adina waves softly at the crowd as the processional music slowly fades out, until the only the that can be heard is the sounds of the ships meandering through the water behind them.  After a few moments of silence, a softer, gentler version of "Here Comes the Bride'' began to play and everyone brought themselves to their feet and turned their attention towards the doors.

Ken glanced up, and there she was.  What he noticed first, was what he always noticed first.  Her eyes.  He couldn’t say for sure,  but it seemed as if her golden hues shined even brighter today, especially as she stood in the doorway, staring at him, a hint of tears in her eyes. 

Second he noticed her long brunette locks, and how they perfectly framed her face as they cascaded down over her shoulders in soft waves.  And finally, he was able to take in her dress - and what a beautiful dress it was.  The way the soft white material practically molded itself to her figure, until it flared out just beneath her hips - Ken couldn't pull his eyes away, but he did have to pause pause few times to clear his vision as she slowly made her way towards him.

Kyra couldn’t stop smiling as she got closer.  Sure, her stomach was filled with knots and she had nearly dropped her bouquet a handful of times - but none of that mattered when she looked at Ken. 

Finally, Kyra was right in front of him - and Ken just stood there in complete awe of the entire experience… and it was only the beginning.  Kyra handed her bouquet to Amber, and gave Adina a kiss before dragging turned back around to face Ken,  reaching out her hands for his.

The officiant steps forward and clears their throat before beginning. The ceremony is a blur. Ken was sure that the ceremony was beautiful, but for him, there was only one person there. The officiant again clears her throat again, loud enough to snap Ken into reality once again. Ken’s hands tremble before he begins and Kyra smiles at him reassuringly. He takes a deep breath and finally starts pouring his heart out. A brief moment of surprise crosses Kyra’s face when she realizes Ken didn’t write his vows.

“Kyra, I stand in front of you a changed man. I was cold, selfish, and having no regard for the feelings of others. I was once even referred to as the “world’s only living heart donor.” Two years ago, You weren’t even on my rader. I was content in hurting others for my own gain. I had built my walls, fortified them, made them impregnable. Never in a million years did I ever imagine myself standing here.”

Ken pulls his right hand away long enough to wipe away the tears welling up in his eyes.

“Now, I am about to become everything I thought I had thrown away. You and Adina,” Ken breaks eye contact to look down at the young woman who is going to officially become his step daughter in a couple of minutes, smiling just a moment before looking back into Kyra’s arms. “You and Adina are about to give me everything I’ve ever wanted. Every tragedy, every sorrow, every lesson I’ve learned and every heartbreak has brought me to this moment with you. I wouldn’t trade away a second of that pain because it has prepared me for a life with you.”

“I will love you unconditionally. We will always be a family, ready to face whatever the world throws at us together. Today we are exchanging vows of our love, but we are also exchanging promises of our friendship, our compassion, our devoted adoration and dedication of one another. I will love you always and forever, until the day I die and beyond the grave.”

“And now, it is time for Kyra to share her vows.”

Kyra’s words were unusually eloquent. She let her emotions loose, something else she wasn’t prone to doing. In this one moment, she was completely vulnerable. Kyra was giving all of herself to him. Try as he might, Ken cannot hold back his tears because he is so overwhelmed.

As Kyra finished her vows, Ken smiles through the tears. “Ken, while placing the ring on the left hand of Kyra, continue looking into her eyes and repeat after me.”

“I, Ken, do you take Kyra to be my wife, my partner in life, and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love from this day forward as long as we both shall live.”

Ken repeats the words with pride, his hands shaking as he places the ring on Kyra’s finger.

“Kyra, while placing the ring on the left hand of Ken, look into his eyes and repeat after me.”

“I, Kyra, take you Ken to be my husband, my partner in life, and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love from this day forward as long as we both shall live.”

Kyra dutifully repeats the words. After, the officiant goes on some more, reciting some Native American blessing that Ken has never heard of. Finally, they get to the end of the ceremony.

“Ken and Kyra, my wish to you is a home full of love and laughter. May harmony and happiness be with you always. By the power vested in me by the State of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife.”

“Ken, you may kiss your beautiful bride.”

And kiss her he does. He kisses her with the passion that she has ignited within his soul. Somewhere, in the back of his head, he can even hear Adina saying ‘ew.’ This is the single greatest moment of his life. He was finally complete.

June 2nd, 2022

‘She simply nodded.’ Ken thought to himself. He was set to wrestle tomorrow, ending his honeymoon with Kyra Davison  ‘“Damn, that’s going to take some getting used to” he says to himself with a Cheshire Cat smile. Looking back down at his phone, he looks at the email that was sent out on his Wedding Day, an email he ignored as he enjoyed his first few days of wedded bliss.

“Did the Dragon, er, I mean, the KING, REALLY think that he was going to get away without being booked, especially considering the hellish nightmare of a match that he had booked Queen Amber in last week alongside of Masque and against two hell raisers such as the Metal Maniacs?? Well that is the spot that The King finds himself in this week and his opposition is a man that some have described as a future SCW World Heavyweight Champion! And for Mark Cross, that declaration must STING! His opponent? None other than "Godly" Ken Davison! The Godly One would love nothing better than to score a win against the King and thereby jump past him and straight toward a potential World title opportunity!”

And Amber sat there, knowing she had put this match in using her Queen for a Day privilege to give Ken what could only be viewed as an opportunity, just as the press release said. But Ken couldn’t help but ask himself “Why?” With their tumultuous history, why would Amber give him that chance? Was it some kind of wedding present? Was it some kind of punishment? If it was a punishment, was she punishing Mark Cross or was she punishing him? Ken had no idea. In addition to that, he had a tag match upcoming with his blushing bride two days later. He still couldn’t wrap his head around the gamesmanship being displayed by the Maid of Honor.

It was like there was an entire conspiracy board in his head, string connecting between Mark Cross, Mac, Bane, Amber Ryan, himself, even Matt Knox whom she threw into this match that started this all. The mental gymnastics as he jumped from point to point to point to point were astounding.

“Hey, babe!” Kyra calls from the other room.

“Babe was talking pig.” Ken deadpans

Without missing a beat, Kyra hits him back with “Exactly,” as she walks into the room. She is practically glowing with her sun kissed tan. She leans in and kisses Ken. "You ready to do this because I'd really like to get back down to the beach."

"Yeah, we can do this." Ken smiles wryly. "Unless you have other ideas."

Kyra smacks Ken on the ass “We can do that, too.”

“Sounds like a plan.” he says and he reaches onto the bed, grabbing the t-shirt on the bed and quickly throwing it on. He turns towards Kyra, who has her phone ready, revealing that he is wearing a Mark Cross T-shirt, of all things.

“Mark Cross. The Dragon. The King. You are a man of many names and many more distinctions. I will be the first to admit that your victory to earn the title of "King for a Day'' was impressive. However, you proved nothing by winning that match. When you really think about it, the only thing that you proved was that you can scurry up a ladder a little bit faster than the rest of us. Be that as it may, you didn't prove that you could beat me. You didn't prove that you could pin Agostino Romano. You didn't prove that you could submit Ben Jordan.  You didn't prove that you keep Alexander Raven outside of the ring for a 10 count. You didn't prove that you could knock out Austin James Mercer. Literally, you didn't prove a Kendamned thing.”

Davison stops, a look of fake shock across his face.

“Oh, wait! You proved what an amazing person you are by simply passing up the opportunity to place yourself in a World title match.  That does not make you a good person. That makes you an idiot. If you are not in this business to become the World champion, then you have no business in this business.”

“Then again, maybe you're not as stupid as you look. Perhaps, somewhere in the back of your mind, you felt that people would look favorably upon the fact that you chose not to give yourself a world championship match. Underwood expressed that very admiration himself on Twitter. Perhaps, you were on to something. However, neither you nor I saw Amber Ryan putting us in this match.”

Ken smiles, deciding that maybe Amber was actually doing him a favor after all.

“I have to admit that from the time I began my career here in Sin City Wrestling, I was treading water. Now, Amber Ryan is one of the best to ever, man or woman, enter this industry. There is something about Amber Ryan that forces you to raise the level of your game. There is something about Amber Ryan that takes me to another level. Even though it was one simple, self defense spinebuster, it brought memories of my many matches with the Bloodstained Hurricane herself.  The reason I call her the Bloodstained Hurricane is because through all of our battles, we have literally covered ourselves in each other's blood.  That moment, that brief second, that I held her in my arms and drove her into the mat awakened the man that I was two years ago when I defeated her for the World Championship in the company that we were both in at the time.”

“She is the reason why I decided that here in Sin City Wrestling I should crusade for the equal rights of our female performers. She reminded me that the women are just as capable as the men. If she were allowed to challenge Matt Knox, She would not only beat his ass, take his title, but then she would walk backstage, find his wife, slap her on the ass, and tell her to go make her a sandwich. That is the kind of bad-ass that Amber Ryan is. That is the bad-ass that I defeated. That is the bad-ass that reminded me that I went soft. That is the bad-ass that gave me the motivation to defeat Austin James Mercer when no one else thought I could.”

Ken's voice is raised, yet he still seems composed.

“But this, this isn't about Amber FUCKING Ryan.This is about the GKD, Godly Ken Davison. This is about reminding the entire wrestling industry who the fuck I am. This is about telling Matt Knox that he is not superior to me. This is about telling Betsy Granger that when I face her in the Cannabis Cup, when I am representing this company in the Cannabis Cup, that I that I am going to tear her limb from mother fucking limb.”

“I know who you are, not just as a wrestler, but as a person. You are going to act like you're better than I am. You are gonna walk into this and you're gonna shit talk me, because that's all you know how to do. You think because you were King for a Day that somehow makes you special. It doesn't.  It means that for one night, and one night only, you were a little bit better than the rest of us. Come Climax Control, you may think you are a king, but you would be wise to remember you are facing a God.”

Ken pounds his chest, not in an effort to intimidate “The Dragon”, but to somehow channel his pride. As he continues, Ken points to the Mark Cross t-shirt he is wearing.

“That’s why I bought this shirt. I didn’t buy this shirt because I like the guy. I am a family man, and I know that each and every one of us has a family to provide for. I purchased this shirt because if Mark Cross pushes me, I can, and more importantly, will put you down. At least if I have to put you on the shelf, I know that I supported the relief effort.

“My path to redemption began with Austin James Mercer. It will continue with you, Mark Cross. In order to prove to everyone here in Sin City, I have to defeat you.  Let me say that again, so you can fully comprehend exactly the gravity of this situation. I do not want to have a good, close match where I show my grit and determination. I do not want to win. I need to win. Better yet, let me put it this way. If people can walk around, and I don’t mean this in a disrespectful way to religious people, and you believe the son of God came down to earth 2,000 years ago, and he killed himself for our sins, and he can walk on water, and there’s a God up there looking after ourselves, and if you get on your knees and pray to him that things will change, if you can believe all of that, then you best believe that I can knock “The Dragon” Mark Cross on his ass.”

"The time for talk is over. Let there be carnage.

Ken stares at the camera for a moment and then the recording cuts out.