Author Topic: “Oh dear god……...”  (Read 394 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Oh dear god……...”
« on: November 11, 2019, 09:39:15 AM »
 Caleb had been turning a few heads recently with his improving in ring performances, so much so that the bosses selected him for the qualifying rounds for the Six Pack Challenge Match for the World Heavyweight Championship at December to Dismember, only problem? Fenris had also been selected and had beaten Mark Cross the previous week to advance to the Six Pack Challenge Match alongside Ben Jordan and Austin James Mercer whilst the competitors for the Bombshell Match now included Roxi Johnson and Crystal Rose.

This week the qualifying matches continue and Caleb was getting a rematch with Bill Barnhart for the chance to challenge Senor Vinnie for the title, and as much as Caleb didn’t want to share a ring with Fenris ever again this was a huge opportunity for him but that was only if he got past Bill Barnhart, can he win?

Backstage at Climax Control. Phoenix, Arizona
Sunday the 10th of November 2019, 11:00pm

How do I keep finding myself in this situation?

If you don’t know what I’m talking about, then you clearly missed Fenris winning his qualifying match against Mark Cross and earning his spot in the Six Pack Challenge Match at December to Dismember next month, the same match that I have a qualifying match for next week against Bill Barnhart so yeah, this is like one of those “corrupt a wish” threads you occasionally see on internet forums only applied to a wrestling promotion.

In case you can’t tell, this is easily the most conflicted I’ve been about a wrestling match since the last time I competed in a World Heavyweight Championship match, which also happened to feature Fenris!

As for Bill, this time around Roulette Rules aren’t in place so there’s no excuses this time around and I am looking to avenge my loss to him the previous month, a match that happened under similar circumstances now that I think about it but that aside, there’s only one thing on my mind regarding this match and that’s setting aside the impending dread of facing Fenris again and winning this match! And as for after this match?

Do I really need to say what will be on my mind heading into the PPV?

“So, what if you could possibly face Fenris again?” Katie tried to assure me on our way out of the arena, the Main Event had just ended and most of the Superstars and Bombshells, including two guests from SCU, were on their way home. “You still have to get past Bill Barnhart to do it.”

“Bill isn’t what I’m worried about, we had a great match last month and this month I’m getting my win back.” I responded as we continued to walk down the mostly empty hallways towards the parking lot. “And I don’t think I need to point out who I am worried about heading into next week’s show in California.”

“You mean Fenris? He’s not even scheduled to compete and besides, unless you make a tweet recommending dating websites to him, I don’t think he’ll be out for your blood yet!” Katie pointed out and I shook my head, considering how messy the break-up between Fenris and Ty West was last month such a tweet might actually inspire the bosses to create a dumbest tweet award for the 2020 Year End Awards. “Look on the Brightside, it could be worse.” Katie said as she started walking backwards not realizing that she was about to walk into someone. “You could……...” Katie never finished her sentence as she backed into the person, a woman who looked to be the same height as her, knocking both women over. “Oh crap! I’m so sorry!”

“Watch where you’re going, will you? Malaka!” The young woman responded as I ran over to help them up and, on closer inspection, recognized her as SCU star and future challenger for the Mixed Tag Team Titles Ariana Angelos. “As if I don’t have enough to worry about with Carter’s stunt earlier!”

“You mean when he accepted the Mixed Tag Title Open Challenge on your behalf?” I asked and Ariana nodded once she started to calm down. “I saw the seg, I’m having similar issues heading into my match with Bill Barnhart next week.”

“Because Fenris won his qualifying match against Mark Cross?” Ariana asked and I nodded, and she quickly recognized me. “Surprised I didn’t recognize you sooner Caleb, Gabriel used you as an example in one of his classes.”

“Really?” I asked not really expecting to hear that. “Was it because of my high flying prowess?”

“No, he used Steve Ramone for that, his example was “why watching what you tweet is a good idea 101”, coincidentally the same week you made that tweet.” Ariana responded and Katie nearly died laughing when she heard that, me? I just ran a hand down her face. “And he was surprised that you never went to him for MMA Training in preparation for the Lion’s Den match.”

“I wasn’t aware he was offering.” I shrugged my shoulders in response as Katie went off to load the bags into our rent car. “Besides, I got so many offers from superstars from the past and present that I still can’t keep up with all the e-mails I got after Christian tricked me into accepting the match.” I added Ariana nodded. “Would Gabriel have gotten me ready in time?”

“You’d be surprised.” Ariana responded and I could’ve sworn I saw a lightbulb go off above the nineteen year old wrestler’s head as Ariana got her iPhone out and started writing a tweet.

“I gave you an idea, didn’t I?” I asked Ariana and she nodded.

“More or less.” Ariana responded before hitting the tweet button and I picked up my iPhone to look at it, sure enough, it was a request for a crash course in tag team wrestling for her and Carter sent to Gabriel and Odette. “No offense to your trainers but do you really think they can get you ready in time?”

“Gabriel trained Belinda for her match against Diamond a few weeks ago, if anyone can get me ready for my first tag team match, it’s them!” Ariana responded with a nod before adjusting a bra strap. “And before all that, I have my match against Angel of Filth on Underground this Thursday, so I have to prepare for that as well!”

“Well, good luck with your matches, I look forward to seeing them.” I responded and Ariana grinned. “And as for Jessie’s comments, just ignore them, she didn’t even win her debut match all those years ago and from what little I’ve seen of your in ring work, you have impressed me.”

“Thanks Caleb, I appreciate it.” Ariana responded before she started walking towards the parking lot. “I’d better get going, Carter’s waiting for me in the parking lot, just remember what I said about Gabriel getting you ready for any match, of the first things he taught me, and Carter is that you never stop learning in this business.” Ariana added before walking off, realizing that the two female companions had left me behind I decided to get started on my promo.

“I didn’t get my request for a match this week but next week? I will be in singles action as I’m taking on “Bulldog” Bill Barnhart in a Qualifying Match for the Six Pack Challenge at December to Dismember IV next month! Obviously, this a huge opportunity for me as I haven’t had a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship since April so, why am I conflicted about competing in this match exactly? Because Fenris won his qualifying match against Mark Cross earlier tonight and beating Bill Barnhart will mean another match against Fenris!”

Why?!

“I’m not saying that I would’ve repeated my mistake from when Fenris lost the title to Austin James Mercer earlier this year but my first thought upon seeing Fenris pick up the win over Mark Cross was “oh dear god” but to get to the wolf, I need to beat the dog, or in this case “Bulldog” Bill Barnhart in a rematch from last month, only this time? No Roulette Rules and I’m not walking out the loser of this match!”

I swear, Mark had my feud against Fenris in mind when he was selecting Vinnie’s potential challengers!

“But then again, the last time I survived a match against Fenris, Mark called me “Bowling Ball Bollocks”, something Katie still refuses to confirm or deny, and put me in a Roulette Title Match so what do I know? Maybe things will turn out for the better after I beat Bill! As for you Bill, I learned from my mistakes the previous month and I won’t be repeating them in this match because, even if it means another match with Fenris, I’m not walking out of this match the loser!”

I guess it could be worse though.

“Bill, at the end of the day, this is another classic match between the rookie and the veteran only this time, the veteran will be losing to the rookie, everything that happens after our match next Sunday is something future Caleb will have to deal with, win or lose, and when I do win this match against you Bill I’ll be moving on to bigger and better things, even if I have to get in the ring against Fenris again in order to get to the bigger and better things!”

It’s that simple!

“Don’t get me wrong, Fenris will still be in the back of my mind heading into this match, especially if he keeps posting that gif from Lilo and Stitch every time I make a tweet about facing him in a match, whether it be past tense or present tense but to get to my fourth match against Fenris, why does this keep happening to me? I have to get past Bill Barnhart first and if I was a disrespectful asshole, I’d start calling Bill “Old Fart” Bill Barnhart but I’m not and I won’t, and I just realized that I contradicted myself, great! But the point is, I’ve got a date with destiny at December to Dismember IV! It just so happens that it’s a double date with Fenris!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up as I could see the parking lot nearby.

“If you had told me a year ago that I would be this conflicted about a potential opportunity for the World Heavyweight Championship, I would’ve agreed with you because Fenris was still the World Heavyweight Champion at the time! But that aside, Bill is the only thing standing between me and a spot in the Six Pack Challenge at December to Dismember IV next month and he won’t be standing for much longer because there’s a storm brewing and unless he braces himself, he’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms!”

I entered the parking lot as the scene fades.
user posted image