Author Topic: A Throwback Debut  (Read 385 times)

Offline Lincoln Daniels

• View Profile
A Throwback Debut
« on: March 27, 2019, 11:59:13 PM »

\'user

<p align=right>Off Camera
Trenton, Florida

The sun was playing hide and seek behind the clouds as Daniela V. Rodgers was stepping out of the grocery store. Her hands were busy pushing the cart towards her 2015 light green Toyota Prius. She fumbles through her purse looking for her keys when a shadow appears behind her.

"Hey Danni," a voice says as she lifts her head to see Brandon Sludge standing in front of her. Daniela's eyes couldn't believe the man standing in front of her was her ex-boyfriend from high school.

"Oh my gosh, Brandon you grown," she says as Brandon nods his head. His muscled physique nearly takes the wind out of her.

"Yeah, after you dumped me. I thought about what you said and I started working out with my dad," he states as Daniela admires his body.

"You look great," she says while fanning herself with her hand. Brandon smiles while standing off to the side.

"Thank you, can I help you with the bags?" He offers as Daniela just nods her head. For some reason, no words are coming out of her mouth. She finally finds her car keys and presses the unlock button on the key pad.

Brandon pops the hatch up as he slowly places the bags inside. Daniela just watches in awe as she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"Are you alright?" He asks her while looking at her with concern on his face.

Daniela laughs while shaking her head.

"Yes, I am totally fine. I just need to get going," she mutters out. Brandon smiles while leaning back up and closing the hatch. Daniela waves good bye while getting into her car. Brandon watches her closely as she turns the car on and pulls out of the parking lot.

"Holy hobgoblins, I can't believe I was such an idiot back there. I shouldn't have been that awestruck by him. He cheated on me with my ex-best friend. Why are you doing this to me hormones?" Daniela continues to chide herself when her phone rings.

Daniela pauses to see her brother is calling as she picks it up.

"What you want Skunk?" she says as Vector just laughs.

"Hey, you almost home. It's almost time to head to the gym," he says as she glances down at her watch. Shit, she almost forgot about the training session.

"I'm ten minutes away," she replies as Vector quickly hangs up.

Daniela shakes her head while slamming her hand against the steering wheel. She couldn't believe her luck. As she is just about home, blue and red lights appear in her rear view mirror. A loud scoff echoes as she pulls off the road. The cop car pulls behind her as the door opens and a police woman steps out of the vehicle. Daniela is palming her face as she rolls her window down.

"Is there a problem officer?" Daniela asks.

"License and registration please," the officer requested as Daniela reaches into her wallet followed by her center console. She hands the officer her license and registration. "Ma'am, do you know how fast you were going?" asks the officer.

"Um, at least forty-five," answers Daniela.

"I clocked you going fifty-five," responds the officer. Daniela knew better to argue with a cop as she waits for the officer to do her thing. The officer returns and hands back the documents she had taken in the beginning. "I'm going to let you off with a warning. Don't let me catch you speeding again," the officer says as Daniela politely thanks the officer.

Daniela rolls her window back up and eases herself back onto the road. She let out a sigh knowing that could have gone a lot worse.

<p align=right>Off Camera
All Sport Gym
Gainesville, Florida

Three hours later, Vector and Daniela are running drills with Instructor Peters. Vector is doing wind sprints as Daniela is doing lunges. Sweat is just pouring off their bodies as Peters gives them a fifteen minute break.

"My legs are dead," says Vector.

"I don't think I can do anymore lunges," replies Daniela.

"Are you excited about Sunday?" he asks quietly knowing the fifteen is almost up.

Daniela sprays some water into her mouth while looking at her brother.

"I'm as ready as I'm going to be since it will be my first time teaming with someone new," she states as Peters blows his whistle.

Daniela places her bottle down as Vector tosses his cup into the trash. Peters instructs Daniela to begin her dead lift workout. Daniela does that as Vector is resting on the bench. Peters joins him while keeping his eyes on Daniela.

"Danni seems a little tense," he points out.

"Danni ran into her ex-boyfriend today at the grocery store. Apparently it drove up some hidden feelings but I think it was just her hormones attacking her," replies Vector.

"Keep your back straight Daniela," Peters shouts while looking back at Vector. "Is this match on Sunday in jeopardy?" he asks as Vector shakes his head.

"I don't think we have anything to worry about with Daniela. Wrestling has always been her go to sport to release any pent up frustration. I think she will be able to channel it," adds Vector as Daniela stops her last rep.

She walks over to the boys and wipes her sweat off her face.

"Are you talking about me?" She asks. Both men just holding their hands up as she shakes her head. Men. She thought while walking back towards the women's locker room.

<p align=right>On Camera
Shoot

Daniela walks up to her locker, opens the door and pulls out her phone. She turns it on its side and presses the record button the camera app. It takes a second to load as she steps back towards the center of the screen.

Hello Sin City Wrestling. My name is Daniela V. Rodgers. Yes, I am well aware my initials are D V R but that's not important. What is important is that I'm representing Sin City Underground in a tournament where we team with a random male to take on another team. Now the prize is a title match at London Brawling 2. I don't know about you but that sounds pretty dope to me. That's the light at the end but in order to get there. I must travel through the cave of wonders to secure that spot. This cave won't be easy to navigate as this week I will be facing two highly decorated athletes who have a ton of championships between them. Don't believe me. Just ask Alex Jones. I'm sure he will be glad to speak about how many world titles he has won throughout his career.

I mean it's the same song and dance each time he speaks. I don't have room to talk because the only belts I have are from a local company here in Trenton, Florida. My accomplishments pale in comparison but that isn't going to stop me this week. Demons and Alex Jones are probably the toughest pairing in this entire tournament. Why? You have a brash, cocky ignoramus teaming with someone who hasn't competed since 2017. I'm not sure how well you kept in shape Devona but if you think it's going to be a cake walk then you should have stayed away.

Daniela takes a moment to readjust herself while making sure no one walks in on her.

Alex Jones has been on a fire since coming to Sin City Wrestling. He has become a major player in the world title picture but he does take his opposition very lightly. Like how he almost got beat by the Gamer Inc. Talk about arrogance. Now, I bet he is probably going to come out bash me. Why? Because I compete in SCU. In my opinion, Sin City Underground are where the hungriest fighters go. I am extremely hungry. I know I'm not the sexiest woman on the planet. I didn't want to be because I'm a wrestler. It's all I know. I've tried other things but got bored real quick.

Alex Jones and Devona have no earthly idea what is waiting for them come Climax Control. Speaking of Devona, I admire people who want to make a comeback. It's inspiring. However, this might be a curse in the long run. Why? Because I am here every week busting my hump just trying to get noticed. I chose to enter this tournament to prove that Daniela Rodgers isn't just a b plus player. I'm out to prove I can hang with just about any one.

I'm not even worried that my partner might flake on me. Teddy Warren hasn't even been seen in recent months. How do I know he is prepared for this kind of fight? It's going to be up to me to carry this team through the second round. My power and quickness will prove too much for Devona to handle. Alex Jones will be too busy trying to figure Teddy out.

I look forward to bringing old school wrestling back into Sin City Wrestling. That all starts with a THROWBACK. See you guys on Sunday.