Author Topic: Warm Hands, Cold Heart  (Read 409 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Warm Hands, Cold Heart
« on: July 27, 2013, 12:00:35 AM »

SEVEN DAYS BEFORE CLIMAX CONTROL IN RENO, NEVADA - NIGHT
OFF-CAMERA || DOWNTOWN DETROIT || SUNDAY, JULY 14, 2013

Comerica Park. It is here where set our scene as we find Mercedes Vargas leaving the venue after enduring the three-and-a-half hour affair. She wasn't too keen on being outfitted in a Tigers baseball cap and jersey, and was even apprehensive at times during certain parts of the game. Now that the game was mercilessly over, she took to the middle of the bleachers, forcing her way through the multitude.

When she finally gets enough clearance, she quickly removes her jersey, revealing Mets apparel underneath.

A few Rangers fans, already bummed about  how the Tigers embarrassed their team this night, were now just disgusted at this show of bravado  Tigers fans were bemused, but nonetheless not happy at this scene.

Before she even got to the safety of the food court, Mercedes is pelted with popcorn, dodged a can of half-finished beer, and is nearly piefaced from some fan’s Coney dog. What was supposed to be a night of enjoying a baseball game turned into a near riot.

Even now as Mercedes looks down at her plate of Belgium waffles, she shakes her head. It's amazing what length fans will go to when trying to prove a point.

So then what happened?

Cut to see Mercedes sitting at an IHOP. Sitting across from her is Jorge.

You know their mascot? They were still on the field, and he began chasing me all over the ballpark! I swear I must have tripped up at least three times.

Mercedes holds up her Mets jersey, unlaundered and soiled in both the front and back. The Mets logo can barely be seen as it’s covered with the remains of chili dogs. Jorge burst out laughing, which got her a little angry.

Stop it! This isn't funny!

"Yeah, I think it is. So, what have we learned?"

"Never to take any of your ideas seriously? (throws jersey at him) Thanks to you, I’ve been blacklisted at Tigers games and PAWS claims he knows where I live. This is why I avoid eating Frosted Flakes."

"You do realize we’re talking about two different mascots, right?"

Mercedes pushes herself up from off the table and grabs her jacket that was draped over the seat.

Hey, Merce. Before you go, do you you're a celebrity now?

Jorge takes out the sports page of the Detroit Free Press. The headline shows Mercedes being chased by the Tigers mascot with a baseball bat. Mercedes leaves the restaurant before turning back to her brother.

You're dead to me.

_______≈₪≈______

FIVE DAYS AFTER CLIMAX CONTROL IN RENO, NEVADA - AFTERNOON
OFF-CAMERA || FLUSHING MEADOWS – CORONA PARK || QUEENS, NEW YORK || FRIDAY, JULY 26, 201
3[/color']

<center\'user

"Climax Control is almost upon us, and I for one cannot wait for Sunday night."

«At this point, Mercedes Vargas steps into view as The Unisphere towers behind her..

"So, it looks like I’m opening up this special edition Climax Control this weekend, and I say why not. Those fans in Vegas need to be pumped up, excited, and ready for the stacked card, and you know what? I think I’m just the person to do it."

Nobody said she couldn't live up to keeping that promise. Mercedes rubs her hands expectantly for her next subject, that being her opponent Sunday night, one Necra Octavian Kane.

"Now, Necra, I don’t even know you, but already I don’t like you, and I find it challenging when I try to impress someone I really don’t like. But don’t you worry, sweetheart, I will show up for the showdown at Climax Control, because if there is one thing I know, it's that first impressions mean a lot. But make no mistake about, I'm not doing this because you asked for it. I'm doing it because anything less would go against everything I stand for.

Her mouth curved upward, the outer corners of her eyes crinkling.

I know how this will likely play out. You’re the veteran, I’m the newcomer, well, the newcomer to NCW anyway, and you’re going to more than likely toss me aside. You’re going to ignore me and focus on your quest for redemption from Amy Marshall and the other Bombshells. That’s cute and all, and I’m almost sure it would make a great bedtime story, but, really, ask yourself this: if you don't see yourself as evil, why do you feel the need to redeem yourself? I mean, it's not like you robbed a bank or stole some jewelry, or plan to blow up a few planets with some super weapon - for that you'll probably have Roxi Johnson to deal with, but I digress.

Mercedes begins walking along the pathway. She stops suddenly and turns in the direction of two kids playing a game of tag. They run past her and she looks on until they are out of sight.

Don't get me wrong, Necra, redemption is hard. Especially when people can see right through you and simply know that you're full of it. I want to believe you, Necra, I do. But then we would both be wrong. What was that saying again? The greatest lie the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist. The greatest lie you ever pulled was to convince the roster that you're going to have a long reign as Bombshell Roulette Champion."

"For the last few months, you’ve been, oh, what's the word…moderately impressive That isn’t to say that I don’t respect you. I don’t respect you, but I want you to know that you time as Bombshell Roulette Champion is coming to an end. I was never one for funerals, so I tend to shy away from things about the afterlife. However, I can attest that you're going in for one on Sunday."

"I don't think I'll need to check in my closet, look under my bed, or close my bedroom door. Probably won't need to keep one open while I'm in bed. Maybe I can rest easy without the comfort of a stuffed toy, a flashlight and possibly leaving the nightlight."

She smiles, but the expression fades as she narrows her eyes and a serious tone sets into her voice.

"When we step into that ring Sunday, that look you see in my eyes, Necra, won't be fear, but growing anticipation for the moment I get to, well, prove you wrong.

And add your name to my checklist.

Fade to black.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 12:02:51 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)