Author Topic: Human nature  (Read 328 times)

Offline Parand Ara

• View Profile
    • Parand Ara
Human nature
« on: July 26, 2013, 10:32:42 PM »
 With fear breeds hatred.

It is a sad truth about life as we know it, but these words could not ring any truer. If you have any doubts as to the nature of this small note of fact, just take a look at the news in the world around you. The actions of the few punish the lives of the many. People will look on from afar and judge you for the actions of another and feel perfectly justified in doing so. They see a group of a certain nationality rob a bank or mug a helpless old woman waiting at a bus stop, and immediately it is the fault of all. People grow to fear a certain trait or aspect of a certain race or religion, and immediately the entirety of that group is being persecuted when they did no wrong nor brought any harm to a single person.

Are you still in a disbelieving nature? then perhaps you should take a closer look at our own surroundings here within the annals of Sin City Wrestling.

This weekend was one of unusually high anticipation for Sin City Wrestling, as they return home for not just a traditional show in their home turf of Las Vegas, Nevada -- but this event is one of special importance. This edition of Climax Control is going by an all-different moniker of 'Sunday Night Seduction' and for this special evening, it's all in the name of charity.

This week, it's Ladies Night for the SCW Bombshells who are stepping into the ring en masse for a special cause; to raise funds for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Every penny made this evening, from ticket sales to food and even merchandise, is all going to this noteworthy cause. All of the women who are making their mark of the world of independent professional wrestling via Sin City Wrestling have volunteered their time for this event, and are glad to have done so.

All save for perhaps, one.

This brings us to why we started this promo off on a more dour topic of conversation. It is how things are to begin for us. You see, this was actually to be Parand Ara's second time in Las Vegas itself. Her debut match against Jessie Salco did not go as planned, as despite the fact she clearly dominated Miss Salco from the opening bell, her luck ran out. She grew over confident and Jessie emerged victorious in the end. The taste of defeat to that girl left a bitter after taste in Parand's mouth. One that she was determined to rinse clean and wash away with the satisfying tang of victory over the woman known simply as Vixen.

Parand entered the small Las Vegas cafe, the soft chime of the bell hanging over the door telling the owners that they had a new customer in their midst. Eyes turned, as was the nature of curiosity, and Parand found herself meeting some openly hostile glares of some of the patrons who were seated at the few tables offered, and others who were waiting for their own orders.

Undeterred, Parand met their stares with hard ones of her own as she stepped up toward the counter. She had grown up in harsher environments than this by far and to her own mind, had been treated lesser by a far better class of bigots than the company she was presently in the midst of.

"Was there something I could get you?" The young girl behind the cafe counter asked almost immediately. This came as something of a surprise to Parand, who it seemed the younger generation was somewhat more hospitable than their elders.

Parand turned to her and said simply, "Large tea."

The girl started to turn away when a man standing off to the side of the counter, waiting for his own order perhaps, spoke aloud, "How do you plan on drinking that? Don't you have to take off that hood of yours?"

"Jason.." Hissed a girl at his side, clearly his girlfriend.

"What?" The aforementioned Jason sneered, paying no mind to his girlfriend's obvious flush of embarrassment. "I just asked a simple question."

His girlfriend shook her head and turned away to shield herself from his embarrassing actions and he turned back with a smile on his face but frowned as he saw that Parand was paying him no mind. To many that would be a signal to let matters be, but not this narrow minded fool, apparently.

"Hey." He said as he tried to get her attention. "Hey!" He stepped up and tapped Parand on the shoulder but she turned swiftly and shrugged his hand from her shoulder.

"Do not touch me!" Parand warned.

"Hey, bitch!" The man replied with a darkening frown. "I asked you a simple question. No need to be pissy about it. I guess that's just in your nature!"

He turned back away from her and skulked back to his girlfriend who was hiding her eyes behind her hand and he muttered, "Fucking terrorists..." Beneath his breath but deftly enough for Parand to overhear.

The girl behind the counter placed the cup of hot tea on the 'bar' between herself and Parand, who slid the currency over the counter toward her when a voice piped up;

"Are you kidding me!? You're actually serving someone like that in here!?"

Heads turned and a woman in her middle years but did not let that stop her from wearing clothing that was too tight and too revealing, standing at her table with a number of equally affronted patrons.

"Excuse me?" The clerk asked but she had no time to say anything further than the woman stormed up and was in the midst of what appeared to be a full on tantrum.

She shrieked, "My friends and I come here to relax where we shouldn't have a care and you're actually serving someone like this..." She motioned her hand toward Parand who simply picked her tea up in her hand and settled back against the edge of the counter to calmly watch this woman cry out against 'her kind'.

Truth be told, she found it somewhat amusing the sheer level of hypocrisy people like this bestowed upon themselves without even knowing it.

"Ma'am," The clerk started to say. "She is a customer..."

"She's a god damn terrorist!" The woman cried out. "Her people are terrorists! I would never let one of them..." Again, motioning toward Parand as if she were not there. "...in any business that I own."

"And what business would that be?" Parand spoke up in a casual tone to her otherwise thick Syrian accent. "One of the fabled local brothels of Las Vegas? Alas, no." She held a hand up. "If that were the case, then you obviously would be out of work and homeless on the streets."

The woman slowly turned her head to stare at Parand, her eyes wide at the audacity of this woman speaking down to her. The woman's mouth worked like a fish, opening and closing but saying nothing aloud.

"Bitch!" She finally managed to say and she turned and stormed away as her friends, each with equal amounts of disdain and disgust on their self righteous faces. They gathered their name brand handbags and drinks and started for the door, but not before their 'ring leader' turned back and shouted, "I am a good American!"

As they exited, they almost ran right into a certain buxom brunette that fans of SCW were most familiar with. Miss Rocky Mountains stepped inside after watching the exiting troupe for a brief moment and she then closed the door behind her.

This left a brief silence in the wake of the outburst, but the clerk finally managed a meek apology that Parand practically ignored.

"They did me a favor." She said simply as she walked across the cafe and had a seat at the recently vacated table.

Everything started over what many are calling a simple accident; a misunderstanding. Was it, in fact, either of those things? Perhaps, but frustrations were on the rise as Parand was yet feeling the sting of that embarrassing loss, while in Parand's own mind, Vixen was gloating over her own victory; taking a little backstage break following her win for a cup of coffee and paying no mind to those around her. She carelessly splashed her drink onto Parand's robes, soiling them, so Parand simply answered her in kind and then some.

Women such as Vixen sickened her.

"Was that something that I should ask you about?" Rocky asked in what she hoped was a tender tone. She disliked Parand's openly hostile outlook on the average female but she was a professional who sought to do her best at her job.

"If you so desire." Parand shrugged. "It does not mean you will get an answer."

Rocky frowned at Parand's icy tones and even from the confines of her garment, Rocky could hear the sigh of exasperation and see the Syrian roll her eyes dismissively.

"It was nothing out of the ordinary, I can assure you that." Parand finally broke the uncomfortable silence between them. "Just another example of bigotry at its finest."

Parand noticed Rocky shift uncomfortably in her chair. Ever since this new recruit to the Bombshell division showed up on their door step, things were tense and awkward. few knew how to address her, or if they even wished to.

Parand stated, "If we are going to do this, then kindly get on with it. You obviously have questions that you wish answered."

"I do." Rocky admitted. "I just ... I'm not altogether sure where we should begin. The obvious starting point would be this weekend's special charity show, and your participation which admittedly caught a great deal of people by surprise."

"And why is that?" Parand's eyes narrowed. "Do you not think I have a heart? Do you think I am unable to recognize a worthy cause when I see one before me?"

"No, its just..." Rocky started to say but Parand interrupted her.

"Just because I am what people refer to as a 'Godless heathen' does not make me ignorant to the woes of the world around me!" She scolded the buxom reporter. "I know of the ravages of cancer. My own mother died young from breast cancer."

"I'm sorry." Rocky stated with honesty.

Surprisingly, Parand took no offense and simply nodded her head. She went on, "I was asked if I would take part and I agreed. I have no desire to wallow about in the muck like some pig as obviously the males of this country find such a thing, titillating. I am not endeared to the thought of any of this... disgusting displays of flesh. Why we could not hold an honorable show for the same cause is lost to me. yet I have agreed and my word is my honor. I will take part, and this time I will emerge victorious."

"Against Vixen." Rocky stated the obvious. "A woman who you attacked only weeks ago."

"A woman who disrespected me." Parand 'corrected' her. "And furthermore, a woman who sorely needs to be brought down a peg from the pedestal she placed herself on."

"A lot of people think you over reacted to what was a simple accident." Rocky reasoned.

Parand asked, "And are you one of them?"

"It's not my place to judge, Parand." Rocky shook her head. "I'm just trying to do my job."

"Indeed." Parand said as she leaned back in her chair. It was clear by her tone that she did not entirely believe the words coming from the reporter's mouth. "Then do allow me to put your mind at ease. Whether the actions of Vixen were an accident or not is a thing of the past. My own were not. We are in the present, and the future holds nothing pleasant for miss Vixen."

Rocky said, "She is a former champion several times over."

Parand scoffed, "Which is just going to make her fall from grace even higher when she gets defeated. A lesson learned."

Parand stood up, taking hold of her cup of hot tea and leaned in closely to Rocky who leaned back and away. "She  will simply be the first."

Parand then left without so much as a farewell. The door swung closed behind her and Rocky ran her fingers through her long, dark tresses and let out a relieved breath.

She said, "They don't pay me enough to go through this!"
>     width="650 height="100 quality="best">