Author Topic: Games Within Games...  (Read 333 times)

Offline Kain

• View Profile
    • Kain
Games Within Games...
« on: August 02, 2013, 11:04:31 PM »
 Kain was currently incognito, the people around him unaware of who or what he is. Even if the cameras from SCW were getting a great glimpse of him, in a button-up shirt with a dragon painted all over, with white shorts covering the lower half of his body, with black Nike shoes and white socks covering his feet, he was glad for the solitude.

Awhile ago, he entered the cruise ship's bar, sat down on a stool, and asked them to turn it on to the SCW channel. Promos were flashing from various opponents and he remained uninterested...until Brother Grimm showed up. He asked for the bartender to turn it up and provide him with a glass of cold water. The bartender obliged, grabbed the remote, and turned up the TV, then went to work in providing a cold glass of water. He then sat down the glass and slid it towards Kain, who grabbed it with his right hand. His eyes glanced up to the TV and he listened intently.

The wheels in Kain's brains were running as he listened to Brother Grimm's re-telling of a story that's considered so old and perhaps legendary, along with his thoughts about him and the match up ahead. For the duration of the promo, Kain ultimately remained silent, intent on digesting everything his opponent had to say. What would he say to a man like him, a man that is wanting to remain anonymous with not just his name, but his past as well? Even if two men in his life figured out his real identity, the rest of the world has yet to know the man that is perfectly comfortable in staying within the darkness and hiding within the shadows. But Brother Grimm is not like Kain. Not by a long shot...

Kain thanked the man, finished with his cold glass of water, and paid him in kind, along with a bonus tip. He sauntered out of the bar to rejoin his wife in their room.

One hour later, Kain is now seen overlooking the ocean. He ignores the conversation around him, thinking about Brother Grimm and the oncoming destruction that awaits his foe inside the ring, even if neither man know of the rules or even what kind of match it will turn out to be.

The ship is crusing along in the San Diego harbor and Kain now looks up at the sun, trying to cover his eyes by bringing his right hand above his eyes, blocking out the ray lights that are beaming from the corners of the sun. His eyes now clear, he saw the wonderful majesty of its exquisite brilliance and how comforting it to see that there is still life in this world.

Brother Grimm.

I want you to take a good look at the sun. What do you see in it?

Kain points to the sun and the camera follows his direction, getting a nice glimpse of it, as it is shining above in the clear, blue skies, clouds rapidly form around it. Then the camera casts its gaze down and looks directly at the current SCW roulette champion.

You want to know what I see in it? Life. The landscape that enjoy being yourself in, one that you wrap around yourself with in a blanket of shadow and darkness, is not the kind of place I wish to be. Too long have I have cursed to walk alone in the shadows and yet, the only thing that kept me alive was a dream. It was a dream to see myself grow beyond my own expectations, to see myself become whatever it was I wanted to be in life, what I NEEDED to be in life.

I suppose, in your own way, you understand this, don't you? You have a dream or perhaps many, MANY dreams, and you wish to see them carried out. I suppose you have accomplished this in your own career, but I suspect you have much left to do on this planet. In my case, you wish to play games with me. You wish to torment me like a cat playing with a mouse before that kill. In truth, you cannot do so. I've played those games, either by my own design or not, and have survived them all. And that's what's going to trouble you in the end, isn't it? The game that you tried to play against me this week will eventually backfire on you. That's one promise I intend to keep...

That being said, let's talk about the game that you played against me this week, shall we? Let's talk about religion, about the whole Cain/Abel horseshit and I do call it that, because that's all I see it as - horseshit. Nothing but a story for millions of the religious flock to believe in.

The cries of seagulls and birds are heard overheard as Kain lowers down his right hand and turns to face the camera, snarling with rage at first, but somehow manages to keep his composure.

I want you to know, Brother Grimm, that I never believed in any of the religions that life has to offer. As interesting or fascinating it appears to be on the surface, I care nothing for it. In truth, life is a gift that can only be used once and the way I see it, you use the time you are given in this world to either make a name for yourself or do nothing at all and die...forgotten.  So it really comes down to a few questions...

Does God exist? Does Satan exist? Is there truly a heaven or a hell?

The only way to discover these questions is death, Brother Grimm. Once the Grim Reaper comes knocking at your door, it's over and that's when everything will be revealed to you, the truth or lies of everything you've heard, have seen, or even have been told. Only then will I know if this biblical story of the past is even remotely true. And to be honest, I wasn't sure as to why you brought up this story. Why even drudge up a tale of brother killing brother when it has nothing to do with the glorious combat that lies ahead?

And then I realized why...

Kain points a finger to the camera with a look of rage all over his face!

It's because you want to make me look like the bad guy. You want the whole world to think that deep down, I still haven't changed, even if I haven't turned that leaf yet in my life. How miserable and pathetic your effort turned out to be, Brother Grimm. You want to fabricate the people with a lie, by telling them "Hey, despite everything Kain's trying to do to please himself and the world, someone out there in the world is getting all the praise instead and he must be completely pissed about it."

No I'm not.

If I was truly angry with the way things turned out, I would have been a desperate criminal, taking the low road, killing people all over, robbing banks and doing everything I can to earn the life through shortcuts. But I haven't been doing that, have I? No. All I've been doing is fighting, whether it's illegal or not. Illegal only worked out because I NEVER GOT CAUGHT back then and it worked out well for me and once I decided to fight on a legit basis, my life simply got better and better. Meanwhile, you are the guy who you want people to go "He's the guy that gets all the love and attention from his mother, from his father, from his friends and family," when that's clearly not the case either, is it?

So in the end, the story that you tried to entice us all in was nothing but a waste of time, because it has very little to do with the combat up ahead. It has very little to do with the history that you and I are starting to work out. I hope you are proud, Brother Grimm, of wasting our time and efforts into desperately painting me as a bad guy while you are the good guy that did NOTHING WRONG. How untrue that is, isn't it, Brother Grimm? Your story, unfortunately, really has no time or place to be spoken of between us, simply because it has served no meaning or purpose to me.

With that out of the way, let's talk about the next thing on your abysmal agenda, shall we?

Turning away from the camera for a second, he walks away and maneuvers himself through the hustling crowd and finds an empty beach chair sitting in a corner. Making his way to that corner, he first sits down and then lies downs on it, raising his hands behind his head, clasping them together.

See, your "primal sensations" and "living embodiment" statements aside, you spoke a little bit about the match.

I want to correct you on a few things on that. First of all, yes, this is a game of chance, but you fail to mention one thing; the #1 contender for the Roulette championship is the one that's spinning the wheel. To you, that may look like a disadvantage to me. However, if it is spun correctly, I may end up getting the upper hand.

All of those scenarios, while dangerous and tempting, are merely fantasy that is conjured up in your head. In truth, it really comes down to one thing between you and me and that's skill. Well...more than just skill, really. It's like training in Krav Maga, considered to be the one of the most, if not THE MOST, dangerous martial art to ever exist. When you step into that territory, you never know what to expect, because all bets are off. It's the same thing here...in a Roulette Rules match, you simply don't know what to expect. So I want to ask you, Brother Grimm...what if the tides are turned on you? What if we end up getting a result that completely satisfies me and doesn't satisfy you?

Will you be happy with its outcome? I doubt it, because in a Roulette Rules match, you need to have more than just skill to survive in a confrontation like that, Brother Grimm. You need to outsmart me in every move, for good offense makes a good defense, does it not? You need to play by the rules that those games make, not by the rules that you wish to see happen in your favor. And to be honest, if you don't like that small, but important fact, tough shit. The moment I became the SCW Roulette champion after destroying Matthew Kennedy for the title, I knew what I was going into.

So do me a favor - don't sit there and tell me that I'm supposed to be scared of the unknown. Because I've been dealing with that my whole life. Unlike you, I have attained far more experience in dealing with the unknown. Have you watched my career, whether I performed in the underground MMA circuit or even here? Every match I have been handed, every stipulation I've been forced to deal with, I make the best of it and go for the ride and you know what, son? Once I am finished taking that journey with another win under my belt, it really gets all the more sweeter for me.

You tell me about driving children to the brink of insanity or plucking them from their beds at night, hoping that they'll never sleep again after seeing your face. But I got a news flash for you, Brother Grimm.

After I'm done showing you MY "primal sensation", I won't be losing much sleep after the effort I've put into diminishing everything that's Brother Grimm and taking away everything that he's supposed to be. I'm actually honored and privileged to take you on, to show that Kain is a man not to be messed with and cannot be fazed in any way, shape, or form. You cannot destroy me emotionally, mentally, or even psychologically. In a sense, I'm like Batman - my confidence is at an all-time high that NOTHING in the world can shatter me! That's a lesson that YOU will come to grips with after I am finishing with your lifeless corpse!

And perhaps, Brother Grimm, not only will my name trigger in your brain, forcing you to remember the untimely beating I happily delivered upon you, but you will come to fear me. Speaking of which...

Kain now folds his arms and looks away, thinking about his choice of words that he wants to use against Brother Grimm. His thoughts are suddenly interrupted when a young, blond waitress walks over and asks if he would like to drink anything. He nods and replies in kind, asking for another cold glass of water, this time with lime in it. She nods, thanks him, smiles politely at him, then walks away. Kain looks back to the camera...

See, your whole "fear" speech makes me laugh. I barely even know you and you expect me to spill my secrets at the drop of a dime?

I will only answer this one for you...am I in fear of something that's close to me? Sure and that's my family, but everything else in insignificant.

You want to see me erased, lost, or forgotten. Had I been a rookie and you would have been my first match in the history of my wrestling career, then perhaps you may have had a point. But I'm a totally different animal, Brother Grimm - I'm not your average Joe. My name is still heard all over the world and after I die? People are going to still inquire about me and my legacy. Lost? Not really. I regained my sanity and my life when I visited my parents' grave a long time ago and am in a better place now than I once was. Erased? It's not like you can take an Etch-An-Sketch and erase me, then re-draw me into something else that fits your dark, horrible imagination, Brother Grimm. I'm none of the three. I continue to thrive and survive in my career. My name is whispered, talked about, and feared all over the landscape, and I'm not a lost cause either.

But what about you? You see, that's the greatest mystery about you that I wish to hear from you. You tell me that every man has something they fear, so let's hear it, shall we? What is it exactly that you fear, Brother Grimm? Do you fear that you'll never end up in my position? Do you fear that if you take one step outside of the darkness, it will change you in ways you never want to go through? I want YOU to be honest...at least, in one way, I told you that I mainly fear, because it IS an honest answer.

But I know better, Brother Grimm. You never want to tell the world the rest of your story, so even I know what you fear - by revealing yourself, you will have exposed yourself to be something different then what you are attempting to show us now. Yes, you are currently one half of the tag-team champions, Brother Grimm, but you're like me - you were born in a family and you are human. You are clearly not immortal. You risk your story being told, thus, you try to ignite our hearts and minds with a façade that you are comfortable in surrounding yourself with.

But that's where I come in, Brother Grimm, and what I'm about to do you in the ring? You won't like it. Not one bit, because I'm a pursuer of truth and I intend to rip out the outer shell that you cover yourself so desperately and expose the world for what you really are - a coward. That's what you fear right now, isn't it? A coward that cannot fight his own battles and needs the help of a close companion like Goth to hold his hand and guide you. Not to mention alone...

That's what bothers you too...doesn't it? That you are alone, that you are not confident, and that no one in the world can help you, aren't I right? You know for a FACT that I'm right, so don't worry, Brother Grimm. I'll put you in your place and reveal nothing to you after that. With the exception of what's already been mentioned, I truly have no fears. No fear of the dark, no fear of the competition that surrounds me, nothing. That's going to bottle you up, isn't it? That I didn't reveal my darkest horrors to you and you know what? I'm glad I didn't, because it's only going to make things easier for me in our epic clash to gain the upper hand...

It will be all too easy, Brother Grimm. And you know why that is?

It's because you made it all possible for me to do so!

Kain stands up slowly as he spots the blond waitress approaching him with his second cold glass of water, with the lime inside this time. He thanks the waitress, tips her, then walks away. Manuever himself through the crowd, he steps inside the boat and proceeds towards their room, where Ariel is waiting for him. He turns halfway, but stops, his mind running constantly with a million things in his head, but mostly keeping focus on his opponent. He glances at the camera with a serious look on his face...

Since you've been living in the darkness for so long, I thought to enlighten you with a tale of my own, one that does have a point...

Do you remember September 11th, 2001? It was a day that destroyed a lot of American lives, a couple of terrorist attacks that happened by plane. This plan of attack was masterminded by a sadistic, cruel man by the name of Osama Bin Laden. He's one of the many men that you speak of, the one that supposedly came from Cain afterwards. He enjoyed it, thriving on hurting people and making a mockery of them.

Years passed and we were trying to find him. Finally, we did. His location was discovered and the President Of The United States ordered the military to wipe out Osama Bin Laden off the map. A group of Navy Seals infiltrated his base and took him out in the end.

My point? In the story or perhaps fabrication that you enjoy having an orgasm for time and again, especially with that one line...no matter how powerful evil can be, someone better will get the best of them. In your case, you may sound tough, arrogant, confident enough to drive deep into my fears and try to strip away everything that makes me. All you did was make me angry. All you did, Brother Grimm, was make me stronger.

At Climax Control, things are about to get heated fiercely in the kitchen. I already know that I can withstand the heat in the kitchen and survive with no burns or scars inflicted upon me. So the question remains...WILL YOU SURVIVE? Will you do the job and defeat me or will you simply fail and fall from my good graces? You did your best at me, Brother Grimm, but it was all for nothing. I am the King Of Kings for a VERY GOOD reason and I intend to put you to the limit and come out as the better man. Fact is, guys like you, like Casey Williams or Matthew Kennedy...you can throw your best at me with everything you got, but in the end?

I win both the battle AND the war. That same conclusion will happen at Climax Control, whether I know the match ahead of time or not. So say goodbye and fall back to the place you home...the darkness, for it is certainly fitting that you remain there for all eternity!

For I am Kain, the King Of Kings! And I...HAVE SPOKEN!

Kain then turns around, opens the door, walks through, and closes the door behind him. The camera pulls away and slowly fades into black.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:14:23 PM by Kain »
>

SCW Accomplishments
X1 SCW Tag-Team Champion
X2 SCW Roulette Champion
X1 SCW Internet Champion