Author Topic: Samples & Success - A Collaboration By The Saviors  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Peter Vaughn

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Samples & Success - A Collaboration By The Saviors
« on: June 16, 2023, 08:25:16 PM »
~As the camera comes up, we see what appears to be the inside of a glass door. We’re close enough to the lettering that we can’t quite read what’s on the door; plus, it’s reversed. But we can see the two figures approaching from outside of the shop. The first to step up onto the curb is Kim Pain. She’s followed by her Saviors ally, “The Mechanic” Peter Vaughn. The two uncomfortably come up to the door, with Peter, showing some manners for once, opening it for Kim. They step inside, looking around the entire area.~

Peter Vaughn: Dear God…

~The camera slowly spins around, showing that the two wrestlers appear to have entered a wedding-themed store. There is a lot of white throughout, including various picture displays of successful weddings of the past. Tables are set up to the side, with versions of wedding snacks and wedding place settings placed alongside them. To the side, there’s another couple already going through samples of some of the good, grinning like mad at each other as they take turns feeding each other the delicious treats. Across the way, a wedding chapel display has been set up, apparently to help a couple decide on their decorations for the big day. All-in-all, it’s a lot to take in. Vaughn rubs a hand across his head, before looking back at Kim.~

Peter Vaughn: You know… I went to Hell last month.

~Vaughn nods to himself, as if this is common knowledge, as well as a perfectly legitimate thing to say while in a store like this.~

Peter Vaughn: I will say, it didn’t look like this. It was more fire and brimstone than art and decor. But, y’know… if I had to describe Hell… this still wouldn’t be that far off.

Kim Pain: I am sure it is as close to hell as we can get up here. It looks like a unicorn barfed all over that sector over there..

~Kim had the full body shivers from this place and she was glad that they were only supposed to do some catering but even for this she had doubts now.~

Kim Pain: Don’t ya leave me behind here…

~The owner of the store had come to greet them and if there was ever a perfect example of a Karen. This woman was it. Looking at Kim and Peter like a total snob.~

Karen: I think you two have come to the wrong place.

~Kim snarled a bit at the attitude.~

Kim Pain: We have an appointment. The Riddle-Penston wedding. My fiance could not make it so I brought my tag-team partner instead.

~Kim pulled Peter closer to her because she already disliked this Karen. The woman is still eyeing Peter with distaste, most likely because he still came dressed to this event wearing his favorite style of coveralls. Peter, for his part, is also taking in this Karen’s outfit, shaking his head at the excessive amount of fake jewelry and make-up applied.~

Peter Vaughn: If you want to default their deposit and give it back to them, by all means. But you’d be making a major mistake…

~The woman stares at Peter for a moment, still trying to decide if this isn’t just a practical joke from one of her staff. But, seeing as how there’s no laughter, she shrugs with a sigh and directs them over towards one of the tables.~

Kim Pain: Oh this pink has got to go. There is no way we are having pink at our wedding. Or white.. Or cream colored.

~The woman looks at Kim with something close to disgust written on her face. Especially when Kim strips the table of the pink and white linen tossing them on another table. The plain black table underneath was filled with the gold accents and Kim sighed.~

Kim Pain: Much better. Can you imagine Cyrus in a pink wedding setting…

~The woman stood there looking at Kim like a fish, mouth opening and closing...~

Kim Pain: Peter what do you think?

Peter Vaughn: Right now? I’m unable to stop myself from thinking about Cyrus in a pink wedding gown… because I thought that’s what you were going to say. And now the thought is trapped in my head…

~Peter shakes his head back and forth, as if trying to toss the thought out of his head. He then sighs, before looking back at the table.~

Peter Vaughn: I will say, this table looks better this way. Never saw a need for tablecloths. It was just another item you’d have to wash at the end of the meal.

~After a moment, Vaughn looks up at the still stunned woman, raising his eyebrows.~

Peter Vaughn: Well? We haven’t got all day. What else have you got to show us? Oh, that’s not pink, or white, or cream colored?

~No words come out of Karen’s lips. She just shudders for a second, before turning and heading to the back, likely to try and figure a way out of this nightmare. Vaughn sits back in the chair, shaking his head.~

Peter Vaughn: Customer service just isn’t what it used to be. So, Kim, about our match…

Kim Pain: Ariana and Carter right. I know Ari is good, and Carter is no slouch either but how well they can work together is a mystery to me. Ari has the attention span of a fruit fly.. She is a total sweetheart but oh my god is she easily distracted. We train together regularly as it is.. We have known each other and worked together before. We go in and kick ass...

~The Karen had returned with a simple black tray with some of the smallest snacks Kim had ever seen. She groaned at the sight of it.~

Kim Pain: You know that the guest list is about 20 wrestlers right. One of these trays would not fill them up for 10 minutes.. One of these trays each that is.

~Oh the look of disgust intensified at the commentary of the snacks. And Kim just raised an eyebrow at this.~

Kim Pain: We will want the size of the portions to be at least 4 times as big.

~Ignoring Karen Kim turned to Peter and grabbing one of the snacks which looked like a fancy little salami.~

Kim Pain: Team Go.. They can be a good opponent for the both of us. Carter is one of the most underrated superstars on the roster. He is a bit extra but he is a total sweetheart. Inside the ring he has had some knock downs and was only recently cleared to compete again after he was attacked.  Ari.. She is a tiny little thing but fast and has a quick mind.

Peter Vaughn: I can’t say I know that much about Ariana. I suppose some respect is due for her holding the Women’s Roulette Title for a time, much like I’m staying the reigning Men’s Roulette Champion. But one reign does not a career make. As for Carter, we’ve already fought here in SCW. Technically. Although if I’m being honest, I don’t feel like I had Carter’s… full attention.

~Vaughn reaches forward, looking at what might possibly be caviar on a cracker. He quickly puts it back down, before snatching a classic “pig in a blanket” variation. He takes a bite, his face showing some disdain as he looks into it.~

Peter Vaughn: What is that, lamb? A lamb sausage? Eh… I guess not terrible. Anyway, Carter looks like he’s been struggling since he came back. I’m sure he thought the tag division would be a blessing for him, at least until the other team bailed and the SCW staff made the right decision, giving the Saviors a slot. I’m hoping he’s going to feel a little bit more motivated in this one, what with having a partner and all. If he’s not, I’m afraid Ari’s going to have a lousy night. Actually, I probably will, too, since Carter wouldn’t be tagging in much.

~Kim nodded and grabbed another snack from the tray and it looked like a little puff pastry ball and when she took a bite out of it the disgust on her face was clear she was looking around for something where she could spit this out of her mouth. She found a little trashcan by the door and rushed over and spit out the supposed snack.~

Kim Pain: Goat’s cheese.. That is disgusting!

~Grabbing a glass of water and downing it in one go as she still shivered from the taste.~

Kim Pain: Okay.. I am seriously regretting this already.. This entire tray is a hell no… Moving on.. I am hoping Carter does tag himself in and he can be his true self again because the kid is definitely good.. Very talented.. I have seen him working with Whisper to get back on his feet and he is highly motivated and  talented when there is no crazy drama in his life.. Not too often but when he does he is on fire. Ari.. She is a scatterbrain.. Bit awkward at times.. Says crazy shit all the time..

~Still tasting the last snack she grabbed the bottle of water and poured herself another glass and filled one for Peter as well. The other couple was looking at them funny and they made a weird looking duo indeed. Peter in his coveralls and Kim in a very tight fitting pair of jeans and top.~

Kim Pain: I never been in the ring with Ariana.. I know her from the European tour mostly where we were dropped in the forest.. Bit of twitter interaction but that is it.

Peter Vaughn: Isn’t she supposed to be a Greek Angel? You know, it’s amazing how many angels and demons I’ve fought in the wrestling business. They’re really all over the place. You’d think it’d make them more dangerous, having wings and what not, but I guess that’s taking things too literal. I mean, honestly, from what I’ve seen of her, I’m extremely confident that you can annihilate her. She’s probably our best path forward to qualify for the Mixed Tag-Team Title Finals. That being said, if I get an opportunity to give Carter the Plunge, I’ll do it.

~Nearby, the other couple appears to be listening in, with the woman looking a little concerned at the talk of “Plunging” somebody. She is whispering to her fiance, saying that he should do something, but he’s already sized up Peter and decided not to do anything, a wise decision. Peter glances over their way, giving them a wave, before picking up another sample. He bites into it, then studies the half-eaten cookie for a second.~

Peter Vaughn: Okay, that’s got a little coffee mixed in with the chocolate filling there. That’s not half bad. Caffeine and sugar, a righteous combination.

~He looks around for a sample for Kim, but doesn’t see one, so he gets up, walking over to the other table. The couple freezes, looking shocked, as Peter reaches across them.~

Peter Vaughn: Excuse me.

~Peter then grabs one of their samples, bringing it back over to his partner and setting it in front of her. The woman looks ready to lose it, but her fiance is still pleading for patience.~

Peter Vaughn: I’d try a couple of those variations. They might have possibilities for later in the evening.

~Kim picked up the cookie biting into it and agreed with Peter on the taste of coffee and chocolate being a winner.~

Kim Pain: You are right, they are good but how good of an idea is it to have a house full of wrestlers on sugar and caffeine?

Peter Vaughn: A fair point.

~The word wrestlers made the couple freeze again and they quickly looked away from the dynamique duo that is the Saviors tag team of Kim and Peter. Karen showed up and looked down her nose again which was starting to annoy the hell out of Kim.~

Kim Pain: Excuse me Miss..

Karen: My name is Karen..

Kim Pain: How fitting.. This tray is no good. The only tasty thing I would like to eat again was the coffee chocolate cookie. Other than that it won’t work for our guests or for myself and my fiance. And if you do not want my business I can take it elsewhere. We may have a small party but you would need to quadruple it in the amount of food served. I may be a wrestler Ma’am.. But I know when someone is looking down on us.. And we make 10 maybe even 20 times what you make..

~Kim hates to boast like that but she was done with the looks of disdain.~

Kim Pain: So are we going to be treated properly or will I be taking my 5 grand deposit back and find someone else who does not mind catering to big eaters.

~Karen flushed and grabbed the tray and hurried to the back. Kim snarled at the lady looking her way with terrified wide eyes.~

Kim Pain: I am sorry Peter now where were we before we were so rudely interrupted?  Ah yes.. You were confident in my abilities. Dude you know I always believed in you and I know you got your side of the match covered. And with us training together more often now. We will be a team to take notice of..

Peter Vaughn: Definitely. The work’s already begun on bringing back the strong name of the Saviors, with my holding of the Roulette Championship. Things will only get more clear when you and I storm through all of the competition and claim those Mixed Tag-Team Titles. It’s been a dream of mine for a while to finally hold tag belts in my career, one of the few holes in my resume as a professional wrestler. I think this time? You and I? We’re going to be golden.

~He gives the table in front of them a smack, rattling it, as he smiles in anticipation of their future triumphs. Beside them, it’s beginning to look like another wedding might be in trouble, as the bride is furious with her groom’s inaction. They are bitterly complaining to each other, already arguing like an old married couple. They’re loud enough that both Kim and Peter look over at them.~

Peter Vaughn: You two mind keeping it down? We’re trying to make some big decisions for a wedding and a match over here.

~The bride, apparently having had enough, angrily grabs one of their remaining samples, a pastry of some kind. Who knows what it could be filled with, the way this tasting has been going. It doesn’t matter to her, as she angrily chucks it right at Peter… with Kim effortlessly catching it before it lands.~

Kim Pain: Bad idea bridezilla..

~Kim gets to her feet and slowly walks over to their table. The bride looking scared and growing more scared with each step Kim takes while the groom is focused on Kim’s boobs. His bride to be sees this and whacks him across the arm and points at Kim coming right for her.~

Kim Pain: We were having a pleasant conversation before you so rudely interrupted us.. Now let me introduce myself. I am Kimberly Pain.. The name is not a gimmick it is what I deliver.. And that right there is the current reigning and defending SCW Roulette Champion Mister Peter Vaughn. We are tag team partners and we are discussing business matters while he helps me pick out what is actually edible in this place. Do you have a problem with us? I mean you tried to throw this at my partner..

~The woman slowly shakes her head.. No..~

Kim Pain: I didn’t think so. Now while I go back to my partner you two can settle this properly or brawl but take it outside there are people trying to have a decent conversation here.

~Kim walked back to their table with that extra little sway in her step and it was not long until a vicious slapping sound was heard. Kim sat down at the table and glanced over at where the couple was sitting. The bride was gone and the groom sat there with his hand pressed against his cheek.~

Kim Pain: Now where were we.. oh right! We are golden.. With every match we have we will be getting closer and closer to being golden for sure. I mean.. Individually we are great.. I see no reason for us not to be great together.

Peter Vaughn: I mean, it’s all but guaranteed. It’s a super team. We may be facing Team Go, but we’re clearly going to be Team Gold. It all comes down to confidence. I don’t think Ari and Carter have enough of it. They’re almost surely coming into this match thinking that they don’t stand a chance. And yes, they’re correct, but you can’t go into a fight with those kinds of negative thoughts.

~Vaughn reaches over, grabbing one of the nearby mugs. He takes a drink to clear his palate, wincing as he does so.~

Peter Vaughn: Okay, that’s disgusting, whatever it is.

~He slides the mug away from him, sloshing some of the brownish liquid onto the table.~

Peter Vaughn: Now it’s true. I am coming off my first singles loss in SCW, and I know a lot of people, including Washington, were predicting doom and gloom to come into play with my future here. But once you’re a veteran in this sport, a single loss doesn’t remove your confidence. I’m 1-1 now with old Washy, and there will be a third meeting soon enough. Right now, though, I’m still fired up with the thought of getting to have two matches at the same PPV. Talk about stacking the deck!

Kim Pain: Dude we are gonna be rocking the PPV that is for sure. But for now.. Do you see the crazy hairdo on that chick over there.. I bet you 10 bucks you can not get that goats cheese creampuff in that beehive..

~Kim smirked and held out the disgusting snack out and raised an eyebrow at Peter. She had already decided that she was not getting her catering done here. The food was meh.. The drinks disgusting and there was only 1 decent cookie in the entire taste testing.~

Kim Pain: Well partner? Can you?

~Vaughn can’t help but smirk. He’s never been one to turn down a challenge from anyone. He takes the creampuff from her, weighing it in his hand.~

Peter Vaughn: It’d be better if they had kept the weight distributed the same, but clearly they have no concept of perfection here.

~After a few seconds of aiming, Peter launches the creampuff with a strong throw, trying to keep it accurate. It doesn’t quite work, as the creampuff spins end over end… but it still manages to wedge itself into the back of the beehive, sticking there thanks to the leaking contents inside. The woman barely seems to notice, acting as if she just felt a fly buzzing around her. She finally turns, looking frustrated as she walks back over to their table with another large tray of samples. Many of these items look considerably less fancy, including what appears to be chicken nuggets, beef sticks, and a few small pies.~

Karen: We can make considerably more of these items… Miss.

~She reluctantly adds on the “Miss”, clearly not meaning it. She then turns away with a grumbling sound, moving towards where she expects her “better” couple to be. But the only one sitting there is the groom, who appears to be crying as he talks on the phone to someone. It’s possibly the bride, as he’s leaving a message, begging for another chance, saying that it’s all that woman’s fault. Slowly, Karen turns back around, looking back at Kim and Peter, who are both nonchalantly munching on wings. Vaughn raises one of the bones her direction.~

Peter Vaughn: Needs dipping sauce. Got any ranch?

~Karen, shaking with entitled rage, stomps over to them. She reaches into her pocket, pulling out an envelope, which she quickly throws into Kim’s lap.~

Karen: That’s your deposit. Now… Get… Out!!

~Kim and Peter glance at each other, neither budging out of their seats just yet.~

Peter Vaughn: But, what about these samples that you just had your chef back there work so hard on? You want them to go to waste?

~Karen leans heavily across the table, almost spitting as she responds to Peter.~

Karen: I don’t give a damn! NOW GET OUT!!

~As Karen sits there, seething, Peter glances over at Kim, who has casually picked up one of the pies in her hand.~

Peter Vaughn: It really would be a waste, wouldn’t it?

Kim Pain: It really would.

~Kim looks at the pie in her hand and smirked devilishly towards Peter. Karen is shaking in anger now but is getting visibly uncomfortable as Kim and Peter get up holding pies in their hands.~

Kim Pain: Food fight!!!

~Kim throws the pies as hard as she can towards Karen while Peter takes care of the man formerly known as the groom. How dare he blame them for that Bridezilla walk out after all. Karen screams as one of the cream pies hits her dead in the face. The second slammed into her chest the cream slowly sliding down into the blouse she was wearing. The food fight truly got underway when Karen and the groom started throwing food but Kim and Peter had already moved away from their table and while munching on an apple pie they walked out of the building.~

Kim Pain: I am thinking of a big ass cake that Kat makes for us and a BBQ after.. Sound good?

Peter Vaughn: You can never go wrong with a Kat cake. I’ve got a couple of nice BBQ grill set-ups I can have delivered, if you want.

~Behind them, the door flings open, with Karen stepping out.~

Karen: YOU… !!!

~The two halves of apple pie hit her at the same time in the face, sending her reeling back inside. The door shuts, but not before we hear a loud crash, most likely of Karen tripping back into one of the tables. A hysterical laughter follows, as the now ex-groom is sounding a little unstable. Kim and Peter, though, aren’t listening. They’re already heading towards the truck.~

Peter Vaughn: After eating all that terrible food, I feel like I need to get some training in. Shake some of it loose from my body before it tries to become a permanent resident. And hey, can’t hurt to keep prepping for AriCar, right?

~Kim nodded and opened the door to the truck to climb in.~

Kim Pain: Definitely need to work this crap out of my system too.. Oh BBQ tonight? We could ask Maria if she makes those badass wings and ribs.. I am pretty sure the entire HG will help us convince her if she needs it.. I can not believe those tiny bite snacks though. Who in the hell pays for that crap. I might be more motivated than ever to beat Aricari..

Peter Vaughn: Well, once we tear through them and move on to the PPV, you’ll be able to work out the finer details of the perfect BBQ reception. Oh, and the wedding, of course. And I look forward to being there, cheering you on.

Kim Pain: You got to be there.. I mean I need my wingman, my tag team partner right there with me.. But for now.. HG here we come and I am gonna tell Cyrus that he can forget about fancy catering bills they won’t be coming because that crap was horrible.

Peter Vaughn: Plus, you see how messy and disorganized that place was?

~Vaughn laughs as he puts the truck into gear, pulling out. They start to drive off, leaving behind the building they were just in. We can see the glass doors again, now with various ‘samples’ smeared across the windows. Inside, we can still hear hysterical shrieking and yelling, as the chaos continues inside. We slowly fade out.~