Author Topic: MICHAEL HARRIS (c) v MILES KASEY v AUSTIN JAMES MERCER - WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE  (Read 4051 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
Post your roleplays here by deadline. Good luck and have fun!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Michael Harris

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Annnnnnd Stiiiiilllllllll!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 08:26:41 PM »

OOC: This comes out to 6,925 according to Google Docs. All in all, I think I like the piece. That being said best of luck to everyone involved. It’s going to be a hell of a run.

FLASHBACK -- 2007

Entering the arena for the night, Harris proceeded to drag his gearbag behind him on wheels. He wasn’t a hundred percent sure what the night was going to hold for him. But nevertheless, he was there and ready to work. Turning the corner heading for the locker room area. Before he could get too far, he was quickly approached by a young woman.

The Assistant
MEGANROSE
Mr. Harris!

The Untouchable
MICHAELHARRIS
Megan, what’s up?

The Assistant
MEGANROSE
I was asked to catch you as soon as you arrived this evening. You’re wanted in management’s office.

The Untouchable
MICHAELHARRIS
For?

The Assistant
MEGANROSE
I honestly have no idea sir. I’m just doing what I was told.

She held her hands up seemingly just as confused as he was. Before walking away, and leaving him to himself. At first Harris really didn’t think that much of it as he turned himself around and began to make his journey towards the office. Chances are it had something to do with the show. It was a big deal and it was something that needed to be discussed right away. Instead of the meeting before the show that generally was held with the locker room. Approaching the door, he placed a soft knock on it.

Come in!

The loud booming voice could be heard on the other end. Clearly, they had been expecting him with how quick they responded. Harris took a couple of steps inside and closed the door behind him. Turning around to see the owner of the promotion. Harris stepped forward and extended his hand. Greeting the boss in a way that almost made it sound like they were friends.

The Untouchable
MICHAELHARRIS
Young Randal! My man, how’s it going?

The Owner
RANDALKEITH
I’ve had better days, but it doesn’t seem like today is going to end up getting any better. We’ve got to have a chat.

The Untouchable
MICHAELHARRIS
Alright. Sounds pretty serious. What’s the issue?

The Owner
RANDALKEITH
What isn’t the issue is the correct question to ask. I knew that when I decided to let you come work for me. It was going to be met with backlash. I knew that it wasn’t going to make everyone happy. You’re a very controversial person.

The Untouchable
MICHAELHARRIS
Controversy creates cash. Always has. Always will.

The Owner
RANDALKEITH
Not in this situation.

He was seen pulling out his chair at his desk and taking a seat. Harris himself finally took a seat himself in front of the man that was his boss. Still a very puzzled look on his face.

The Owner
RANDALKEITH
I don’t know what it is about you that has people so infuriated, but today has been a horrible day. I’ve had several members of my management team. Tell me they no longer want to work for me. As long as I’m going to keep you as a member of this roster. I’ve had over a dozen private meetings with other members of the roster, informing me they want their release from the company as long as you’re going to work here. I’ve had conversations with sponsors and the TV network. Telling me they’re ready to pull the plug on us as long as you work here.

The Untouchable
MICHAELHARRIS
Wait, a minute. All of this is coming out. I’ve only been here a few weeks. And what’s even the issue with me being here? Is it because I can cut a better promo than them? Is it because I speak the truth? Is it because I don’t put up with people’s shit? Or is it because I can work circles around them? I ain’t worried about any of those fucks in the locker room. As far as all the other shit goes. You don’t need a management team like that. If they’re going to start making demands. The fuck did I ever do to them anyway? You know this is some bullshit.

The Owner
RANDALKEITH
Let’s cut to the chase Michael. You’re an asshole. You know you’re an asshole. You don’t shy away from it. You embrace it and every chance you get. You remind people how much of an asshole you can be. This is much more deeply rooted than just who you are as a wrestler or who you are as a character on television. People have an issue with you as a person. And no matter how much I’ve tried to talk to them. No matter how much I’ve gone to bat for you. No matter how much I’ve tried to get them to see my side of things. None of them are willing to back down.

The Untouchable
MICHAELHARRIS
Well fuck it them...

The Owner
RANDALKEITH
Goddamnit Michael! It isn’t that easy!

Randal found himself slamming his fists down on his desk in frustration. Harris was starting to seeth, yet trying to keep it under control at the same time. He was completely blindsided by this situation. And it appeared there wasn’t much that could be done about it.

The Owner
RANDALKEITH
I don’t expect you to understand where I am coming from fully with this. But sometimes friendships and business simply don’t work. I have a business to run. I have a tv network to keep happy. I have a roster to maintain. I’ve got people under me that I have to have around for this entire company to stay a float.

The Untouchable
MICHAELHARRIS
Are you telling me what I think you’re telling me?!

The Owner
RANDALKEITH
Listen man. It’s not personal. It’s just business. You’re a talented man inside those ropes. You’re one of the best with a microphone in your hand. You’re already a star now. And you’re going to be an even bigger star by the time you wrap your career up. But my hands are really tied on this one. I’m going to have to let you go.

The Untouchable
MICHAELHARRIS
You HAVE to do it? Or you’re just too much of a bitch to stand up to them?!

The Owner
RANDALKEITH
Come on man. Let’s not make this personal.

The Untouchable
MICHAELHARRIS
No fuck you, Randy! This is fucking bullshit and you know it! You know it deep down in the pit of your gut!

In a fit of rage Harris stood himself up from where he was sitting. His eyes were about ready to pop out of his head. His nostrils were flaring. He was beyond furious at this point. There was no talking him down when it got to this point. Further proving the point that he was a little bit of a hot head.

The Untouchable
MICHAELHARRIS
After all I’ve done for you. After all I’ve done for your family. This is how you repay me? You worthless sack of shit. I swear, you’re going to pay for this. And if I ever come across any of these people you were mentioning. I’m going to make them pay as well. The whole lot of you fucked up in making an enemy out of me. You think I’m an asshole now. You haven’t even seen half of it.

The Owner
RANDALKEITH
There’s no reason....

The Untouchable
MICHAELHARRIS
Kiss my ass and rot in the grave you dug!

Before anything else could be said. Harris turned and stormed right out of the office door being sure to slam it shut behind him. Each step he made towards the exit of the venue. He could feel his blood boiling more and more. His face was as red as it could get. That anger had really consumed him. It’s like he couldn’t have imagined something like this ever happening. Truth be told though, this night would forever shape the mindset of “The Icon”. Never again would he form “friendship” in the business. Never again would he have respect for the owner or management member he worked for. Never again would he treat a roster full of people as if they actually mattered. Simply put Harris would hold a grudge like no one before him and no one after him.

The cool crisp air of London, England had started to take over with the night fall. Crazy thing about the night was. You’d assume that this is when people would start to wind down. Relax. Take in their life from the day, but it was the exact opposite. At night is when things get interesting in the city. For more than one reason. One person in particular was going to enjoy the nightlife of London. With a cameraman on hand, that person turned out to be none other than the SCW Heavyweight Champion himself. Dressed in a leather jacket and a pair of jeans. He walked those streets as if he owned everything around him. Harris allowed his eyes to settle on the cameras. Finally acknowledging them as he began to speak.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Austin James Mercer.

He paused for just a brief moment. For no other reason than when this aired. He wanted to make sure he had the attention of that one man and that one man only.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
You are one of the two men that I will meet in the middle of the ring at Into The Void with my SCW Heavyweight Championship on the line. That being said, it’s clear the odds aren’t in my favor. Everyone knows how a Triple Threat match works. The odds are never in the champion’s favor. Simply because, I do not have to be pinned. I do not have to submit. I do not have to be involved in the finish at any given point to lose my championship. All it would take is for one of you to pin the other and I have no other choice, but to kiss my championship goodbye. And while, I don’t see that is fair. I also have to admit this is just the way the game is played. This is the way things go down, when you’ve got a company that is dead set on seeing you fail. When you’ve got a company that does not want to back you. This isn’t my first rodeo with something like that. But with that being said, with you being one of these men I have to defend my best against. I’ve got no problem at all telling you that you’re the one that I’m the least worried about in this entire contest.

For a moment there was a smirk spread across his face. A rather arrogant looking one, not that it would have surprised too many people. Harris was a man that truly believed in his own hype. There wasn’t anyone else that could get through to him when that ego flared up the way it did.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
I’ve got no doubt that by me saying that, it’s going to do two things. One, that’s going to make Miles' ego blow up a little bit. But don’t worry, I’ll cut that down when the time is right. And the other thing it’s going to do is it’s going to get under your skin, Austin. I fully expect you to get in your feelings about it. I can almost envision everything now. All the ranting and raving about how I should show you more respect. That roid rage vein popping out in the middle of your forehead while you scream about all your little accomplishments in the past.

Like I’m meant to give a shit about your Mixed SCW Tag Team Title reign with that ugly big amazon lookin’ cunt that you got fighting all your battles for you. Since, you know you don’t know how to be a real man. Out here talking about an Internet Championship reign as if it’s meant to impress me. Big deal. You held some low-level championship that means nothing. And honestly, it’s that championship that probably allows people like you to talk all the shit you do online. Hidden behind your little tweets. Like you ain’t gonna have to meet me eventually, so I can punch you right in the mouth.

But let me guess, the one thing that I’m supposed to pay attention to more than anything with your ranting is the former run you had as the SCW Heavyweight Championship. That one time back in two thousand nineteen. Typical though, you have one little run once. And it’s something that you hold onto forever. It’s the one thing that you continue to clench to, thinking it’s going to forever hold some type of clout. Yet in reality all it’s doing is making you look rather pathetic. And top of all of that. It’s not going to change my mindset. You’re still the one I’m the least worried about.

Harris was a man that would double, triple, and even quadruple down on his stance. It didn’t matter that ninety five percent of the world’s population would disagree with him. His word was the gospel in his head. Not to mention, it was more than clear he was doing his best to get under the skin of his opponent. Any little thing he could do to have that slight advantage over him.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
And despite that getting under your skin, Austin. Even you have to look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself the same question, I’ve asked myself. Why should I be worried about you? Why should I consider you a threat? Why should I view you as someone that’s a danger to my SCW Heavyweight Championship? Because aside from the thing that kicked it all off. The moment you kicked me in the face. You’ve done nothing of any real significance. Sure, you lurked in the shadows every week like a vampire. But that’s meant to hold some weight? Meant to scare some people? Get the fuck outta here. Or is it the few times you decided to cut a little cryptic promo from those shadows. Is that what was supposed to change my mindset about you? Is that what was meant to make me look at you as a threat? Cause, if that’s the case. You’re a lot dumber than you look.

His smirk flashed once again. As that arrogance of his was once again on full display. Not doing himself any favors.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Austin, it’s time to grow up. It’s time to be a man. It’s time to realize this spooky character. You’re trying to play. Ain’t doing shit for you, and it hasn’t in a really long time. No one gave a shit about Jack The Ripper and no one really gives a shit about you. Which is why more than anything, Austin. It’s time for you to read the room. I mean really read it. Really pay attention to what’s going on here. Don’t you think there is a reason that you never regained the status you once had? It has a lot to do with the fact, you’re not that good in the ring. But more so it has everything to do with no one around here believes in you. No one is going:  “Oh man, that Austin dude has that IT Factor” and it’s because you don’t. You got lucky once or twice in the past, but that’s just it. It’s in the past.

No one in this company thinks you have what it takes to beat me. No one in this company believes that you’ve got what it takes to compete against me. There’s a reason it’s a Triple Threat Match. If it was just you and I, this company wouldn’t have even wasted the time of putting that on a supercard. Because they know what the outcome would be. Same reason they put me against someone like Malachi on a regular show. No one believed in him either. They didn’t want to waste their time and money on something that would just lead to me slaughtering you inside that ring for five to seven minutes. At least with a Triple Threat Match, they can suspense some belief that I could get screwed out of the championship. I think the sooner you come to reality, Austin. The better this is going to be for you.

Those words were a little on the ‘cryptic’ side. As far as what that could truly mean, but the good news was even though he wasn’t one that was liked. He loved to talk and he had no issues explaining himself. Furthering the next point.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
I say it would be better for you. Because the moment you understand that you don’t have a chance in hell against me. You won’t be leaving London heart broken. The moment you understand that you don’t have it in you to beat me. You won’t have to look at yourself in the mirror and be disappointed with what you see. The moment that you fully understand that you’re not going to be taking the SCW Heavyweight Championship off my hands. The better off your mental health is going to be. Because you won’t have to beat yourself up over it again and again.

I get that it’s something that you want. I get that it is something that you crave. I get that it’s something that just makes your balls tickle deep down. But facts are facts for a reason. You cannot escape them. No matter how hard you try. And the fact is... you ain’t shit compared to me. It’s a bitter pill to swallow, I imagine. Personally, I wouldn’t know because there’s never been someone that I’ve been in the ring with that I knew was better than me. I might have been bested a time or two, but I always got my revenge in the end. Because I’ve got the skill set to make that happen. Unlike you.

At the end of the day, Austin. Just because you want something really bad. Doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. Just because you wish for something really bad. Doesn’t mean it’s going to be a wish come true. Just because you pray really-really hard to have a miracle. Doesn’t mean that God is going to answer those prayers. That’s what you have to realize. That’s what you have to come to terms with. And like I said, if you’re able to do that. Then in the end it’s going to be much-much easier for you. But, if you don’t want to take my word for it and come to terms with it. Then by all means, don’t. Doesn’t change the outcome, I’m still going to kick your teeth down your throat!

Finding himself snickering for a moment or two. Prying on the ego of his opponents was something that he had done for years. Most of the time it worked out in his favor. As it always made them weaker in the end, but this might have been a different story. Even if Harris himself wasn’t willing to admit that.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
I do have to admit. I find it a little funny that this entire time you were trying to warn me. You were trying to tell me that I should have just walked away. You tried telling me that my ego was going to blind me and put me in a bad situation. In reality, Austin. All that bullshit you spitting towards me. It was advice that you should have taken. You shouldn’t have even bothered in accepting this match. Because now, you’re going to get exposed in front of a sold out arena. You’re going to get put in your place, like the bitch you are. And as far as I’m concerned, I’m going to take your livelihood away from you by taking you out of this business for good. And in the end, you’ve got no one to blame but yourself for that!

The intense look in his eye drove that final point home. It served as the final little piece to this puzzle, at least for now. There was clearly no love lost between the two of them. It was made more than clear just exactly how the so-called Greatest Ever felt about one of his opponents. Quite the image painted ahead of their meeting at Into The Void. As Harris found himself walking right on out of the frame of the camera, leading to it fading to black.

Harris found himself standing there in one of the best suits money could buy. He had the SCW Heavyweight Championship draped over his shoulder. As he was standing there he could hear someone talking just behind a curtain. Reason for that had to do with the official “Into The Void” press conference that was taking place. It was the company’s last ditch effort to bring some of the final eyes it needed to the product. Bring in those last minute ticket sales. These types of things weren’t exactly his favorite thing to deal with. Mostly because he couldn’t stand pro wrestling journalists. At that moment he found someone approaching him to the left.

The Representative
SAMANTHAERIKSON
Pretty exciting stuff huh?

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Excuse me? Who the hell are you and why are you talking to me?

The Representative
SAMANTHAERIKSON
Oh, I apologize. I didn’t mean to be rude. I’m a representative for this press conference. My name is Samantha Erikson. Pleasure to meet you!

She extended her hand in his direction. Harris just eyeballed her hand and then looked back at her with disgust in his eyes.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Still didn’t answer the question in why you’re speaking to me.

The Representative
SAMANTHAERIKSON
I was just making small talk. I guess this is kind of something you’re used to. Being champion and all. Being a main figure for a company and all. Having all these people ask all these cool and exciting questions.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Let me just go ahead and tell you this. I would rather be anyone in the world than here. I don’t give a shit about those people out there. I don’t care to answer any ignorant ass question they have. I’m only here because I have to be. You’ll be lucky if you guys get five minutes out of me.

The look on Samantha’s face said it all. She looked rather offended by the way he had carried himself. But before anything else could be said. Someone poked their head through that curtain and proceeded to wave him forward. Harris then took a couple steps forward into that room and was instantly met by flashes from cameras. Not to mention a couple of claps and even cheers. Clearly a room full of journalists being as fake as they could be. He had such an unamused look on his face as he found his seat. Taking the championship off his shoulders and placed it in front of him on the table for the world to see.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
You’re all lucky to be in my presence today. Even more lucky that I’m not going to sit up here and Marshawn Lynch every single question you have. But, I do not have all day. So let’s make this as quick and painless as possible.

His attitude is still shining through. Several people began to raise their hands. All with the desire to be called on. Wanting so badly for their question to be chosen. Harris briefly just rolled his eyes before pointing to the first person he saw.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
You. Go ahead. Speak.

The Wrestling Journalist #1
JANETTEDOUGLAS
My name is Janette Douglas. I’m with the Pro Wrestling Is Everything Podcast. I’d like to ask just one simple question. You’re clearly a veteran in this business. Some might even refer to you as a Legend. Depending on who you ask. But that being said... was the decision to come back to wrestling after all that time a hard decision to make?

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Great, another podcast that I’ve never heard of. It’s like this Onlyfans shit. Everyone’s got one, but no one is talented enough to have one. To answer your question though. No, it wasn’t a hard decision to make. I stepped away from wrestling about ten years ago on my own terms. I was satisfied with what I did with my career. I didn’t see the point in continuing. Then a year ago when I started to train my two oldest children to get into the business. I saw how bad the state of wrestling was. All these flips, and spots. No psychology behind anything. No one out there is a true star. Everyone was the same and just blended in. It made me sick to my stomach. And you might get someone like Miles Kasey who said I was jealous and bitter. Couldn’t stand this new generation having the spotlight. No, the reality was they weren’t taking the spotlight and doing something with it. So, I did... next question.

Once again all those hands went up. Harris pointed out to someone on the far left.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Let’s go fat boy. Hit me with it.

The Wrestling Journalist #2
DAVIDCAVAZOS
Mr. Harris. Thank you for your time. My name is David Cavazos. I run a pro wrestling website called Wrestling In My Mother’s Basement.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Of course you do... I bet, it isn’t that far from the truth either.

The Wrestling Journalist #2
DAVIDCAVAZOS
Anyway, I was doing some research and I discovered that this is your first time ever competing in London, England. Kind of crazy to think about when you’ve got such a storied career. So, the question I have is... How do you feel about London so far and having a big title defense over here?

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Well for starters. Little creepy, you’re digging that deep into my career. Secondly, I’d like to start off by saying. Your food over here sucks. I haven’t had one thing that I consider good. The people I’ve come across. I can’t hold a real conversation with them. I’m either staring too heard at their yellow teeth or their breath stinks so bad I have to keep moving along. Seriously, has this country never heard of a toothbrush? Toothpaste? Mouth wash? Something. And as far as the title defense goes. You think that just because it’s in London, it’s a big deal? This will end up going down in history as my easiest title defense ever... That’s even after I mopped the floor with Malachi a couple weeks back. You people may be excited for it being here. I couldn’t care less.

As soon as he had stopped speaking. The hands of everyone went right back into the air. All of them raising them extra high trying to get his attention. Harris just looked out at the room for a second before finally pointing to some.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
In the purple. Speak up.

The Wrestling Journalist #3
ANGELACLARKE
Hello sir! My name is Angela. I’m with PW Inside Scoop. My question kind of piggybacks off of what you just said. You claim that this is going to be your easiest title defense ever. Despite it only being your second one. But there’s no part of you that has even for a second thought that Austin or Miles may upset you at Into The Void?

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Are you serious right now?

ANGELACLARKE
I’m very serious. I don’t mean any disrespect or anything like that, but I think it’s a very real thing. Austin is a former champion. Miles is quite the underdog and a fantastic wrestler. It’s just something that could happen.

For a moment or two, there was nothing more than silence. Harris was glaring daggers in this woman. Not even the slightest bit amused or pleased with her. All of the sudden Harris stood up and snatched the championship off the table placing it on his shoulder.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
This is why I don’t deal with dumbass twats like you.

ANGELACLARKE
Excuse me?!

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
I didn’t stutter. Every single one of you worthless asswipes in this room right now are here because you watch wrestling and you think you know everything about it. Meanwhile not a single one of you ever had the balls to get in the ring and try it out. To actually matter to this business, so instead you’d rather do what you’re doing now and be a shitstain to the business. Miles Kasey can be the underdog all he wants. He can be a great wrestler all he wants. But he ain’t Michael Harris. Austin James Mercer can be a former champion. He can be this so-called badass. But he ain’t Michael Harris either. These two jabronis are lucky they even got a shot at me and my championship. Any other time they’d be curtain jerking. So no, there isn’t any point I thought they could upset me. The only people that are going to be upset is you fucking marks when I walk out still the SCW Heavyweight Champion, and I do it with ease!

Before anyone else in the room could say anything. Harris simply turned himself around and started to storm off the little stage. Heading back behind that curtain. Further storming away into the back of the building. All intentions of getting completely out of dodge. One thing he wasn’t going to put up with was disrespect. The moment he felt disrespected he was done. And as far as he was concerned it was disrespectful for anyone to even think he’d be losing the championship anytime soon.

Cameras found themselves opening up to a fantastic view of the Copper Box Arena. One of the many highlights for London, England. So many historic moments had taken place in that venue. In just a few short weeks, another historic moment would be taking place when Sin City Wrestling headlined “Into The Void” at that very building. That being said the cameras found themselves zooming out just a little bit and in doing so. They revealed the SCW Heavyweight Champion, himself. Harris was sitting there on a set of steps. Championship draped across his shoulders as his eyes met the lens. An arrogant smirk began to cross his lips as he broke the silence.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Miles Kasey, the Hometown Hero. The Ultimate Underdog. The Aerial Assassin. And the man that everyone in Sin City Wrestling thinks will be the first to not only beat me, but the one to take away my SCW Heavyweight Championship.

Such a simple shake of his head took place. It didn’t appear that he believed those words, but it was hard to deny what was being said all across the board.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
Crazy to think that on May 7th. We’re going to be in this building and those people that are supporting you right now are going to be the same people sitting in the back crowded around a monitor watching you compete in the biggest match of your career. You’re going to have close to ten thousand fans piled into those seats, screaming your name. Wearing your merch. Willing you on. Being an extra vessel that you need to keep your heart pumping. No matter how you slice it, Miles. You got the advantage in every way possible. I’m even man enough to stand here and tell you. That you’re more of a threat to me than Austin is. You’ve got more talent in those bones than he ever thought about having.

But then again when you break it down. Is that really saying all that much? Saying you’re that much better than Austin James Mercer has no real clout. It holds no real substance. Especially considering that most of the professional wrestling world doesn’t even know who the hell that is. But either way Miles, I give some credit. More than I’ll give him. However, don’t be foolish. Don’t be letting that rush to your head. Just like you shouldn’t let it rush to your head. That Christian and Mark would rather have you representing their company as champion. Just like you shouldn’t let it rush to your head. That the locker room is supporting you. And damn sure shouldn’t let it get to your head that you’ve got the fans on your side. Regardless of whether this is in your backyard or not.

His words lingered for just a moment or two. All while Harris shook his finger at the camera. It almost came off as if the “veteran” in him was trying to offer some words of wisdom. At the same time though, there wasn’t a single soul that was going to listen to him. Not after everything he had done.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
See as a veteran of this business Miles. I warn you about not letting that kind of thing get to your head for a couple reasons. First and foremost. Mark and Christian don’t matter. Sure, they run the show. Sure, this is their little baby. Sure, they make all the decisions. But when it comes to my championship, none of what they want makes a difference to me. If anything, having them endorse you. All that’s going to do is fire me up. It’s going to make me go that extra mile just to be petty. Just to upset them a little more. Besides that, do you really want to be a teacher's pet? Do you really want to be the guy that’s going to be backed by the people owning the company? Are you prepared for the kind of backlash that will have in the end? Because if I was a betting man. I’d say no, you’re not.

Secondly, having the roster support you is one of the worst things you could do. Because you’re out here thinking that they’re supporting you. Because they believe in you and because they want to see someone dethrone me. They want a positive change. Yet, in reality that’s not the case. No, in reality, the majority of the roster knows they can defeat you. The majority of the roster knows they can’t defeat me. So of course they want you to win. That way they can all start jumping in front of the line to get a shot at the championship. Just so they can take it away from you. They don’t want to be your friend, they don’t want to see you succeed. No, they just want to stab you in the back the first chance they get and beat someone for an easy title reign. It’s as cutthroat as that.

And finally, we come to the fans. The oh so fickle professional wrestling fans. You’re the newest and shiniest toy right now Miles. Do you know why that is though? Because, if you don’t. Allow me to inform you. It’s once again because of me. You see I’m so hated that anyone that says anything about me instantly becomes the fans' new favorite toy. They start to hype you up. They start to cheer you on. They start to tell anyone and everyone that will listen. Their favorite wrestler is Miles Kasey. They are going to really have your back at Into The Void because it’s your hometown, but the harsh reality of it is. The moment you don’t give them what they want. The moment you fail. The moment you come crashing and burning. They’re going to turn their back on you so fast. It will be like you had never meant anything to them to begin with. And trust me, you’re going to fail them!

His eyes were starting to narrow with that hatred look in them. All while the smug smirk he was known for began to creep across his lips. All the telling signs that things were about to take a real turn.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
You already exposed yourself on twitter when I mentioned your career and how lack lustered it has been since you signed a contract. Quick to point out about it being in the past. Quick to point out how I’m focused on wins and losses. But why shouldn’t I be focused on that, Miles? In this business wins and losses are the only thing that matter. You might have the people on your side for now, but in the end. They’re not going to keep supporting someone that loses time and time again.

They’re not going to support someone because they’re just a really good hand on the roster to have. You’ve failed far more than you’ve ever succeeded here. No one talks about the one reign you had as the Roulette Champion. Because that was your time to shine. It was your time to make people believe in you. Only to drop the ball. Only to fail. Only to show the world who you truly are at your core. A failure. This time is going to be no different. You are going to let them down and when you do. I’ll be proven to be right. They’re going to turn their backs on you with ease.

Every word that came out of his mouth at that moment. It was not only something that he believed to his core, but it was something aimed towards tearing Miles down. It was aimed to make Miles doubt himself. It was aimed to play the mind games that only “The Icon” himself could play.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
I’ve been in the ring with you once Miles. I’ve taken your best shot. And I got right back up. Now, you can spin the narrative however you want. You can blame it on the fact that Austin was ringside. You can blame it on the fact that he attacked ... whatever that thing is you’re dating. You can say that you were distracted with more important matters. That is your right to hide behind all of that. And as true as it may be. In the end the record books still show. I beat you: one, two, three. In the middle of that ring. And the title wasn’t even on the line then. What really makes you think that this time is going to be any different? What really makes you believe that you’ve got the balls to beat me? What really makes you think that you got what it takes to be the SCW Heavyweight Champion? Because, I don’t see it. I don’t see it happening at Into The Void. I don’t see it happening a year from now. I don’t even see it happening when I’m retired. You just don’t have it in you, Miles.

Again, he simply shook his head from side to side. There was no getting through to him. There was no making him a believer. Even if that was something that very much could in the end come back to haunt him. That ego was just too much and Harris himself was an old man stuck in his ways.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
For once in your life kid. Listen to someone other than yourself and the people that are going to lead you down the wrong path. Listen to what I am telling you. Take a good hard look at this.

Motioning for the cameras to zoom in. At the same time he picked the SCW Heavyweight Championship off his shoulder. Putting some real focus on it.

The Icon
MICHAELHARRIS
This is as close as you’re ever going to get to holding this Miles. There will never be that feel-good moment in your career that ends with the words: AND NEW SCW Heavyweight Champion. But the one thing you can guarantee you hear as you’re looking up at the lights. Dazed, confused, and hit a shit ton of pain are these words: ANNNNNNND STIIIIIILLLLLLLLL!

He made sure to put that championship right up to the camera to empathize just exactly what it was that he was referring to. Making sure that Miles Kasey had no other choice, but to understand what was coming his way at the supercard. That being said, that would be the last image seen before the cameras faded out. Once again leaving all of the Sin City Wrestling universe to wonder what exactly would happen when those three men met in the main event. Nevertheless, in the end Into The Void was about to make history for the entire company.

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
Guilt

The days at Wolfslair had been interesting to say the least. Since returning to the gym and seeing everyone the senior members had been talking amongst themselves. Aiden and Dickie would meet with Alex, Lachlan and Miles, the girls would be in their own little group as Alicia, Johanna and Zoey would talk in the corner.

Austin had kept to himself. He would turn up and work out, work with some of the newer guys. But this wasn’t the same Austin that had been there in the past. He wasn’t helpful, insightful or there to teach. He was just there for personal gain. To get stronger, faster and better.

In the ring he would throw guys around, he would put them through a trial by fire.

The intensity of it all was staggering for some of them. Either they would sink or swim. Succeed or fail. There was no in between in his mind. It caused a slight rift between he and Alex, arguments and Austin being dismissive of Alex and his requests. It weighed on Austins mind, so much so that today he wasn;t working with anyone. Instead he kept to himself. Doing cardio and weights.

It was better this way. After all Miles, one of his opponents over the next few weeks was at the gym.

This would avoid any awkwardness.

Austin went about his business, deadlifting a bar with well over 500 pounds on it, straight up above his knees and back down again, each time with a grunt as he held his breath. He lowered the bar down again before something caught his eye. It was Alicia, she paced back and forth on the phone. Austins demeanor didn’t change. He dusted off his hands and looked toward what he was going to do next before a pained wail echoed through the gym…

Alicia dropped her phone as her sister, Johanna, Alex and his wife Sonya all flocked to her side. The rest of the members then followed. All except one. Austin.

He stood back, watching, he swallowed and sighed heavily feeling a little drop of guilt fall to the pit of his stomach before turning away. Sonya and Zoey helped Alicia to the office as Alex looked over at him, moving passed everyone and standing behind Austin. ”Michael…Alicias ex husband….he was found dead in a hotel room last night…”

Austin simply nodded slowly, undoing his wrist straps. ”That’s unfortunate. Really sad for her I suppose.”

Alex folded his arms over his chest and studied Austin before shaking his head. ”I get you’re still in a rought place. But you could try to show a little. I dunno, empathy?” Austin stayed silent, shrugging and throwing his wrist straps into the small back gym bag he had sitting by the door to the weight room. ”Maybe you could talk to her?” Austin stayed silent staring ahead, he seemed to be thinking about something, his mind flashing to a moment in the past.

He snapped back to reality and turned with a shake of his head. ”Why?...” Austin paused, before Alex could answer Austin continued, shifting his body sideways to be face to face with Alex, towering over him. ”Because I lost my wife? You think I should be the one to go in there, sit down with her? Talk to her about loss and how hopeless it feels? Cry with her?” Austin stepped back and scoffed. Alex swallowed and got annoyed.

”That’s exactly why. You know what it feels like.” Alex was forceful in his words adding bass to his voice. ”Michael and Alicia may have been divorced but she still loved him, you know why they broke up. You lost Lisa an-”

”It’s not the same.” Austin growled and stepped around Alex heading to the door. ”She and I are going through different things. Different emotions. Alicia is…sad…broke…me? I was andry, frustrated, furious. I can’t help her. I can’t relate to her. Lisa and Michael were two different people…”

Alex took a few steps toward Austin, moving to the door to block him leaving. ”It might help you Aus. You come in here, day after day and it’s like no one knows you anymore. You lost your father and mother and you went down a dark hole. You hurt people. Losing Lisa…you might bot be outwardly as angry or the man you were but we all see the change man.” Alex paused, letting his words sink in.. Austin just stayed silent. ”Lisa was a good woman, and I know you loved her. Wouldn’t she want you to use your experience in loss to help others?”

Austin took a deep breath in. Alex was right, in a way. Lisa was a saint, a lovely woman who had a heart bigger than most. She supported charities, volunteered her time whenever she could and was always looking at how to make the world better. But, Austin couldn’t help. ”I know where you’re coming from Alex. And I get it. Your heart is in a good place. But I can’t help her. Lisa and Michaels deaths, the murders, being taken away…they aren’t the same…” Austin reaches down, grabbing his bag and he moves to the door again when Alex’s voice stops him.

”How did you know?”

”What?”

Alex tilted his head. ”Michaels death. How did you know it was a murder?” Austin ground his teeth together. Alex stared a hole through Austin, wondering how. ”All I said was he was found in a hotel room…”

Austin chuckled and shrugged, his face turning from emotionless to more of himself. ”Come on Alex. Michael was a young guy, fit, strong, didn’t drink or do drugs.. And being found in a hotel room? What else could it have been?” Alex blinked a few times and finally nodded slowly, accepting Austins answer. ”I have to go. But…give Alicia my condolences…tell her things do get better…apparently…”

Alex gave a small nod to Austin, Austin moved through ther door and passed everyone. He stopped at the office door, looking sideways as he heard crying, his heart sank a little more before he snapped out of it. This wasn’t his fault. This wasn’t his decision. It was Michaels fault. Michaels decision….

Life Lessons

”We are all slaves to our decisions.”

Austin looked up, a few strands of his dark hair flowed over his eyes before he reached up, sweeping them backward. A small smile coming across his lips.

”When we make a decisions, when we live with those consequences, we are changed forever. I have made decisions and changes. And one of those is to punish those who wrong me. So, when the chance came up to destroy the troll, I took it. And a collective sigh of happiness came from the majority of you and those backstage. Because nobody likes that little greaseball. And it taught a very valuable lesson to everyone.”

“Actions have consequences.”

“Newtons third law, every action has an equal and opposite reaction right? Troll found that out. And I am all about teaching lessons. And Troll, well, I don’t know what he was thinking when he said what he did about my actions when it came to Carter. Or what Michael Harris was thinking either. See, this was never about Carter. In fact, he was just…collateral damage. Hell I like Carter. He’s a good kid. But, he needed to be made an example out of.”

“Not just for me, not just where I was but also for Miles. But, before I get into that part of it let me be clear here. I used Carter as an example and have cxontinued to do so with me because there was a perceived weakness there. Everyone saw me joke with Carter, spend time with Carter and laugh with him, be friendly with him. And in this new, era, I have forged a simple message…”

“Friendship means nothing and I am not to be fucked with.”

He shakes his head and lets out a deep breathe.

”Carter was also a message to Miles. See, Miles and Carter being in a relationship isn’t a problem. I’m happy for them, I am. But, Carter is a distraction. A distraction that is slowly taking Miles focus away from his potential. And, I have watched Miles. In the gym, in the ring, the talent he has. All of it in one package. I mean, the guy can fly, he can wrestle, he can throw a punch and he is tough as nails. Miles should have been a champion many times over and even a world champion. But he hasn’t. He hasn’t and he has not been able to live up to that potential.”

“Think about it. All of that talent and what does Miles have to show for it in SCW? Huh?”

“A roulette title win, a forgettable one, and an utterly pathetic reign ended by, of all people. Bill Barnhart.”

“Bill, fucking, Barnhart…”

“And it was then Miles, at that moment, when I saw you laying in the damn ring, with Bill holding that title, your title that I realized you needed help. And I saw it unfolding, distractions. Your “friends” your “family” they are all distractions stopping you from achieving that potential that we have all seen you have. So, I went for Carter. And I saw my opening….I needed to make you take this seriously…”

Austin throws his arms out to the side and paces back and forth.

”But, have I succeeded Miles? Have I made you realise that there are stakes here? See, I wanted this to be just you and me, just the two of us going at it. But then Michael Harris had to get involved. Michael Harris was in the wrong place at the wrong time but you? You seem to think that you should have been a part of the world title scene before I taught you the lessons I need to. But, you can’t even take this opportunity seriously Miles. Within days of the match being announced all I see from you is…well…”

“Dumb bullshit.”

“I mean, drunken karaoke? Acting like a clown? Miles. This is the biggest opportunity in your life and instead of taking it seriously you’re pissing it all away. So, to really hammer this home, I’m going to take that opportunity away from you and show you what a real champion looks like.”

“But, we go from the impetuous youth to a man whose age should have made him a respectable champion.”

“But unfortunately with Michael Harris, age clearly doesn’t bring wisdom.

“Oh no, here I am talking about our champions age again. Something he seems very wary of. Because apparently he doesn’t want people talking about the fact he’s in the twilight of his career. And pointing out the fact he is getting older. So stating the obvious is apparently a no go with you Michael. I guess we can’t all make up stupid lies and bullshit like you.”

His voice turns to a growl, his mannerisms change as his arms fold over his chest.

”I mean, a shrine to Carter made from hair? Do I look like a serial killer to you MKichael? And if I was, do you think mouthing off the way you have is a good idea? It isn’t….and I told you before, and I will continue saying it. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong damn time. But, since I can’t mention your age, apparently, then what can I mention hmm? Should I mention that your brother is clearly the more talented one? Or is that cliche to?”

“What about the fact you seem to be living that stupid fantasy of two wives? Polygamy seems to be a running theme with insecure men in this business. Why have two wives when you can’t satisfy one? Or, how about we talk about the fact you not only got them involved but you also threatened a pregnant woman to get “heat”...I mean I can stoop low Harris…but even I have limits…”

“Limits that you don’t…”

“But, all this could have been avoided. See, I was after Miles for reasons I already threw out there. You were just in the way, your fragile ego wouldn’t allow you to simply move on, go find someone else top go after. So instead you became the third wheel. The simpering child sitting in the back of the car while the adults are talking while screaming “HEY WHAT ABOUT ME”...and that is no way for a champion to act.”

Austin steps back and tilts his head with an arrogant smirk.

”A fragile ego, needing contant validation, stomping his feet when he isn’t given what he wants. You’re a child. And while I can forgive Miles for ebing an aloof kid who doesn’t take anything seriously and chokes in big moments, I can’t give you the same leeway. You are holding the most prestigious, richest and most important prize in our company and the wrestling world and you act like you have no idea what you’re doing and you throw out challenges like candy because deep down you believe you can beat both myself and Miles.”

“You saw our issue as your “in” for an easier night at the supercard. But, Into the void won’t go how you think it will Michael…”

“See, before I was willing to teach Miles a lesson through simply beating him. But now? Well now I will teach him a lesson by reaching over and taking the opportunity he wanted so much, and in doing so I will also free the SCW title from a manchild with no grasp or conception of how important his position is…”

“Into the void, I stand up and get back to the top and become a two time SCW world heavyweight champion. And If I have to destroy both friend and foe to doi it…then so be it…”
>

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Going Out Swinging
Backstage of the BTArena

The backstage area of the BTArena, there is quite a commotion going on as security in full force has been split up in 3 different directions attempting to keep 3 very pissed off individuals from going after one another yet again.

One of those individuals?

Miles Kasey.

For weeks, since the start of this Unsolved Mysteries tour...no fuck that...Blaze of Glory was when this whole damn thing began, he has had to play things cool. From the moment Austin took it too far with Carter, to the next show and dealing with that pompous ass Michael Harris and Austin now attacking him and then Harris not being to keep his nose out of anything that doesn’t involve him. Miles has had to be the one to keep the level head.

Well not any more. No more bullshit.

No more 20 minute diatribes about how they are the greatest fucking thing since the invention of the wheel.

And no more attacks from behind.

Alright! I’m fuckin’ goin’!” his voice boomed across the crowded halls as a third of security made sure that he put as much distance as possible between all three men. He held his hands up, still shirtless, sweating and the aura of him knew that all someone had to say was one wrong thing and there would be another all out brawl.

Kasey felt the eyes on him from all sides as he walked through the halls.

Had this been any other day he would have cared if they thought he had lost his mind, or what eventually made him snap. But he honestly had zero damns to give, let them talk and think what they want at this point.

“Keep moving Kasey,” he heard from the group behind him, getting shoved a bit forward in the process.

This only brought a cocky little smirk to Miles face, as he stood a little taller, “You’ve got nothing to worry about with me, bruv. Just enjoying the scenery a bit.

And just to add to that, he does a royal wave as he slows his steps. The ire of his trained dogs behind him, rising bit by bit with every passing second.

“GOD DAMMIT KASEY! WILL YOU QUIT BEING AN ASS FOR JUST ONE FUCKING NIGHT?!?!” the biggest of the crew roared at him, officially losing his professional demeanor.

NO! I WON’T!” He roars back with a turn on his heels, completely smiling, “You wanna know why, boys? Because I’m not going to allow myself to be a mat to the likes of those two. THAT’S why I did what I did tonight. I do not give a RATS ASS who is pissed off at me after everything that I have been put through, that Carter has been put through...

MILES! HOLD UP!” out of all the voices and sounds, that was one that was welcomed the most. Miles would try to look over them only to be gripped up by the security. Miles pulled himself sharply away as he heard through the group, “At ease boys, I’m friendly.

“We’ve been given orders to get him out of the building, Carter.” one of the security guards barked out.

And I’m not stopping you, just let me through so I can check on him, alright?” Carter said, pushing his way through, in his hands he held his boyfriend’s shirt and hat, and stopping after he gets through, looking at his boyfriend with some concern.

And then you guys can drag me out of here for dramatic effect of the camera if you really need that for all of your resumes, which I’ll gladly give you all shining letters of recommendations.” Miles jokes to only get stone faces. Clearing his throat, he turns his attention to Carter, he nods towards the group, “Tough room.

That causes Carter to laugh before his facial expression changes, actually showing that look of concern again, “You alright?

Right as rain, babes.” he shrugs, “Not the first time I’ve had my ass kicked and it’s going to be far from the last time but I will be damned if I don’t feel like I got a little something back tonight. I’m just sorry I waited so fucking long to do it.

Carter just tilts his head, seeing that Miles’ eyes are about as wild as he’s seen them when it comes to things remotely concerning SCW “Why do you say that?

Mostly because I let people take liberties with all of it. First it was you being attacked by Austin, I shouldn’t have let him walk out of Blaze of Glory to begin with.” Miles takes a deep breath, trying to think back to when this whole damn thing began. When he sat bedside as Carter was treated for the beating he received back in Vegas from Mercer and how much anger has been building, “I didn’t know what it was about and instead of swinging first and asking questions later, I let myself be the bigger and better person because he’s Wolfslair brethren. Instead, he’s done nothing but talk in circles about how he’s out to teach me this big damn lesson and assuming that my focus isn’t where it should be, that it’s on the SCW Championship...when that couldn’t be further from the truth!

I sat back here tonight, listening to Harris go on and on about how my career is such a big joke that I’ve been here for almost 3 years, had only the Roulette but never strived for more. What is absolutely amazing? For a brief moment, that sat in my head and rattled around like maybe he had a point,” and Miles laughed, not bitterly but like it was now all a big joke, “I didn’t come in here like some big headed prick with a resume 10 miles long demanding respect. I have worked my ass off, every fucking step of the way and have let the good things just happen. I EARNED my respect the hard fucking way, because that is exactly how I wanted it to be. Hell, if I had the choice and chance to go back and do it all over again, I’d do it all the same damn way, piranhas and all.

I’m sure Christian would’ve liked to have heard that.” Carter jested, as he handed Miles his shirt, reluctantly.

Miles instead of sliding it on, just threw it over his shoulder, instead opting for the hat and pulling that on tight. Those dirty blonde curls, still damp from the sweat on his head poking out from under it, Miles simply smiled, “Oh, don’t get me wrong...I’m still going to give him absolute shit for that til the day I die. In fact, let it be absolutely known for the record that if I had my choice? It would just be Austin and I, one on one, beating the absolute SHIT out of one another. I would have rather gone that path, but hell no, Michael Harris and his giant over-inflated ego rather throw himself into the mix of two individuals that will in no uncertain terms have no issues kicking his fucking head off just right that it will land in the lap of those to TWATS that have done ALL his dirty work for him.

All this and Austin wanting to beat you senseless for some reason,” Carter said, “What the hell did you ever do to him?

I wish I could tell you, hun. I really truly do. All these supposed attacks on you, on me...threatening to end my career, came out of nowhere. I’m still trying to work it out. All I know is when it comes down to it, no matter what, in 2 weeks I’m going to have to go in swingin’ and if it comes down to it, I will go down swinin’ everything I got at him, just to show him that I’m not going to just simply take my ass kicking without fighting back,” Miles sighs, “Anyways, I know the show isn’t over yet but...

They both look over at security who during all this haven’t taken their eyes off of them, “The brute squad refuses to take a coffee break and are kicking me out of here. All my shit is still in the locker room.

No it’s not.” Carter simply said, which caused Miles to tilt his head with wonder.

It’s not?

Nope,” Carter said, pulling the keys for their rental out of his pocket, “You don’t think I was prepared for the whole night to go absolutely nuts? The minute I saw you make your way over to the TV when Harris came out, I immediately took everything out to the car, just in case we needed to make a quick escape.

Well...” Miles looked impressed at his boyfriend. Just knowing his movements, gestures was one thing but knowing when Miles was about to lose his absolute shit, get himself in trouble and manage an escape...that was a horse of a different colour, “I do believe you have earned yourself a treat tonight.

Carter steps closer, getting lost in Miles’ look which if you knew anything, this was about to get dirty...quick, “Ooo, what are you thinking?

Not here, love. The kiddies are still listening.” Miles grabs Carter’s hand and salutes back towards security, “At ease gentlemen. I’m going very much willingly.

The two make a mad dash for the parking lot leaving security in their dust confused. But Miles just can’t help himself...he stops for a moment and yells back.

FUCK YOU, FUCK YOUR EGOS, FUCK YOUR DOUBT! SEE YOU IN MY BACKYARD, MOTHER FUCKERS!

Home Sweet Home
Las Vegas

Well sort of.

What’s that old saying?

Harris would know.

OH YEAH!

“A rolling stone grows no moss.”

Now I know what you are thinking; “But Milo, that’s a negative saying”. I am well aware of that from a certain stand point.

For you see, when I first started with SCW back in 2020, I had stretched myself beyond just SCW. DESPITE what SOME assholes think, I kicked off my professional career only a year before that in PWS:Apex, where believe it or not, I had a bit of success. Not to toot my own horn, but one doesn’t become champion by not truly applying ones craft to where they can grow.

At that time, I had seen opportunity there and with it came the United Championship and a Tag Title run with a kid that was still very much wet behind the ears. So to hell with what one giant void of suck says, I more than earned my stripes before I even put a toe into the door of SCW.

With that being said though, there was something I had realized. Being stretched across two major organizations like that, did put a toll on me personally. I since stepped back and became exclusive, minus a few visits here and there to other places, to just SCW. I dedicated myself to training at Wolfslair back in New York, and I worked my ass off. I wasn’t that skinny kid that walked through those doors, I was determined to actually grow as not just a wrestler but as a person. I put down the roots and with that I was able to do the one thing that escaped me my first two years in SCW.

NOW, despite what some think, I never stopped learning. With the sweet comes the sour. And yeah, my setbacks were absolutely no one’s fault but my own and maybe that’s what pisses people off. I don’t blame my losses on anyone other than me. I cannot and will not be that guy.

You can remember every single piece of shit that tried to destroy you, or you can let it slide off of you into the gutter where they belong.

And seeing as that's where I crawled my way out of, it is not my intention of going back...EVER!

Being in New York, being a part of Wolfslair was an eye opening situation. Under the learning tree of the likes of Alex Jones and Austin James Mercer, opened up the idea that he could just be more than some circus act. It was grounding in every sense of the way, switching up his style of how he would approach a match, keeping his feet on the mat the majority of the time and in the mind sense of he had a whole lot more to learn.

Miles' career is still technically young after all when it comes to being professional and not the stupid shit that brought him to the states to begin with.

But seeing as he recently left the bright lights of New York for the bright lights of Las Vegas and hadn’t really been back since, Miles had to find some place to continue to grow. No, he hadn’t left Wolfslair. At the same time though, he needed something more. Shockingly enough when he brought this up to one White Wolf on one of their very early morning runs through the streets of Las Vegas...

So what exactly are you looking to do?” Fenris asked with one of their stops, 3 and a half miles from where they stopped the last time. They had only been at it for about an hour now and the sun was just starting to rise across the desert.

Miles quickly learned that if he was going to be out here and forced to do this on the days that end in Y, he would carry a water bottle with him. Mornings now around here were in the 60s and finishing the days off in the mid-90s already. Hydration was key, especially if he was going to keep up with Kristjan. So he took the break chance to chug some water before dumping a little bit on himself to cool down, “If anything, you are the submission specialist when it comes to anyone I know. Back in New York, Alex is the all around guy. Some knowledge when it comes to tying your opponent up in knots. Austin is power, striking and just overall ass-kickery. I feel like when it comes to submission work, it’s lacking.

Kris looks sorta shocked at his running mate, and how open he is about the situation at hand, as Miles pats his head with the shirt that he kept tucked in the hem of his shirt, “Are you looking to add a submission into your finishes?

Squinting at Fenris, like he’s trying to pull something further out he just decides to stay on topic, “I’m thinking it’s about time, don’t you? And it’s not like I’m completely clueless, you know damn well how fast I learn and I fully and completely trust you to show me if I’m missing something or I’m a complete and utter ass for even thinking about it.

Are you trying to flatter me?

The annoyed tone of Kristjan’s voice brought a bright smile to Miles’ face, “Is it working?

I fucking hate when you do that.” the White Wolf says with a sigh, “You know I’m limited right now cause of the accident.

I do but K, but is that going to really stop you? Also, at the end of the day...knowing what is ahead of me...out of the three of us, who would you rather see come out of this with not only the win, but put that assclown Harris in his place and the SCW title off of him?” Miles sighs, “And I know what is going to happen the minute word gets out that I’m working with you. But when it comes to something like this, I feel- no...I know that this is the thing I need. I can’t be complacent when this is perhaps the one and only chance that I’m going to have.

K just gives him an indignant look, “Miles, there will be plenty of other opportunities.

That only causes Miles’ to scoff and give a bulging eye look, with broad motions with his arms, “You don’t know that. I could potentially pull a you, fuck myself up and have to take months and months off. I could step out in front of a car and get hit and killed.

Drama king. Keep it up and I’ll shove you into traffic.” Kristjan says with a roll of his eyes.

Yeah, I think Carter’s penchant for the dramatic has transferred to me a bit. Besides you wouldn’t dare, you’d miss having a running partner and your brother would kill you because you know he’s enjoying having days he gets to sleep in now.” Miles laughed.

Kris nods for them to keep going and the two continue their run, “How’s that going, by the way, between you and the kid?

Miles shrugs, sounding...unsure, “I’d like to think great.

Think?

The two men turn a corner on their path, not even sucking air, just like if they were on a normal walk, even at their pace, “Well, he got word from Alastair that offers are coming in on that hellhole of a loft and it’s only a matter of time until it sells. Once it does, he’ll more than likely have enough to get his own place again...

And, you don’t want him to go, do you?” silence sits hard between the two of them, “Milo?

I want him to be happy. While living together has its benefits, it brought us closer...

Like he’s in your bed every night close...

STILL! Even if the idea of having that big place all to myself seems like my own personal hell, if he feels like he wants to find his own place...I’ll support it.” Kristjan stops and steps right in front of Miles' path and gives him that look. Miles' shoulders drop in defeat, and he just shakes his head, “And no, I don’t. But I’m not his ex, I’m NOT going to be a controlling prick. It will be his choice and I’m not going to sway it by saying something stupid.

Fenris just cracks a smirk, “I have a feeling that may have already happened...It may be beneficial for you both to have another one of those heart to hearts.

Last time that happened, we ended up having to call a professional cleaning crew after almost a week.

JESUS FUCKIN’ CHRIST! I DIDN’T NEED TO KNOW THAT!” Fenris yells out and turns and continues on his run trying to get away from Miles, who just stands with his hands out.

BULLSHIT! I had to deal with you and David at all HOURS of the night for a week straight multiple times!

K by now is almost down the block already, but we still hear, “FUCK OFF KASEY!”

AWWW K,WAIT FOR ME!” Miles says taking off laughing, just catching up with him.

I am so going to stretch you, that you are going to cry in regret!

That certainly calls for a DIRTY!

Why am I friends with you again?

Sometimes it’s good to have friends that honestly give a fuck about you.

People Will Say What They Want
Still Vegas

People will say what they want to say and it does not matter what you say or do. You could present evidence to the contrary and shove it their faces and they will tell you without so much as blinking, that you are a fucking liar.

Miles Kasey’s blue greens eyes stare out into the horizon as the sun sets across Las Vegas. On the balcony that sits just outside the condo’s living room, Miles sits back, legs kicked back, looking out and looking calm.

Look, I know there is going to be a whole list of shit that is going thrown all around when it comes to not just myself but Michael Harris and Austin James Mercer. There has already been plenty of that because, let’s face it, some people just love the sound of their own voice.

Look, I’m not about to sit here and tell the tale of how this whole thing began back weeks ago to now, if you want to relive it then take the time out of your schedules and do it yourself. We can keep going back and forth about who did what and why and when, but it doesn’t change the NOW. The future. Come London, come to Into The Void you are going to see three very strong headed individuals who without a doubt know what they are capable of....and those individuals are going to be out to beat the unholy piss out of one another.

Miles reaches over and picks up his drink and takes a quick sip.

I have been accused of many things along the way. That I should be out to collide with Mercer and yet when Harris decided to insert his over-inflated Goodyear blimp size ego into it that somehow my focus shifted to the prize that Harris STOLE from Mac Bane. And yeah, I said it, you fucking thief. I have called it since day fucking one that you are and undeserving pile of shit and ANYONE on this roster would make a better SCW Champion than you.

That includes Troll, by the way and yes I just said that shit outloud and no I don’t fucking care who gets pissed off at it. At the end of it all, it can be me or Austin but as long as you aren’t walking out of London with that title, then it’s a win-win for me.

As for Austin, I know that her death will always blacken that already dark soul of yours. You said it yourself that you actually have respect but apparently somewhere, I crossed a line. I never meant to slight you in any way, but sometimes...not going to lie...my mouth does like to cash checks my ass isn’t quite ready to handle.

Miles shrugs for a moment before holding his bottle a little close, and smirks.

But I know without a shadow of a doubt that even though this is my Mt. Everest, I am not about to back the fuck down from either one of you. I don’t wanna be the guy that puts what little sense we had in our heads, back into yours. I’m going to show you both that at the end of the whole damn thing, that you are going to wonder if I was just holding back.

He brings his legs down and just glares forward.

Let me be crystal fucking clear, gentlemen....I will not under any circumstances, hold back. You two wanna know why I am being touted as the next big thing in SCW, while floundering around in the opening matches? Maybe it was cause I wasn’t living up to my potential...maybe it’s because I was content being the entertaining sod. But maybe it is because I know just how fucking dangerous I truly am.

Come Into The Void, we’re stepping in my backyard...a place that holds a whole lot of secrets that I am not going to reveal to you now. You’re just gonna have to wait for another episode of Unsolved Mysteries when you find out that I am the one and this is my time.

Offline Michael Harris

• Match Writers
    • View Profile

OOC: And here we go with roleplay number two for this match. Really found myself feeling the groove on the promo portion of things, but I don’t know about the rest of it lol. Good luck to both of you. Hell of a run by everyone. According to Google Docs this rp ends with 6790 words.

It was only three days before Into The Void was set to take place for Sin City Wrestling. From the moment that the SCW Heavyweight Champion landed in London. It had been nonstop. It had been on the go. It had been media appearance after media appearance. It had been interview after interview. Signing after signing. Needless to say for a man that was universally hated. There was no doubt about it, that he had been left rather busy. So much in fact that it had begun to affect his sleep schedule. Really causing his insomnia to consume him.

The time was two fifteen in the morning and he was sitting there on the balcony of the hotel room he shared with both his wives. Looking out at the sky, feeling the cold breeze blow through his hair. All of the sudden he could feel the hair on the back of his neck starting to stand up. Deep within himself he felt uneasy. Something wasn’t right. Something didn’t seem like it was as it was just moments ago. Finding himself turning his head just to the right of him. As soon as he did his eyes fell upon “The Devil” that he had felt living deep inside him.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
What are you...

Before he could finish the words. The Devil lunged forward and wrapped his hand around the champion’s throat. Harris could not only feel the pressure but an intense heat. An almost burning sensation right where the hand was. The Devil found himself leaning in and almost whispering in his ear. Words that no one could understand other than Harris himself.

Did you really think it was that easy? Did you think that getting mouthy with me? Throwing a hissyfit? Trying to have a pissing contest with me was going to make me go away?!

Of course with the hand on his throat. Harris couldn’t even begin to speak, but then again there were those powers that came with the Devil. If he didn’t want the man to so much as even blink he had the power to stop it.

The deal you made with me never goes away Harris. There’s nothing you can do that’s ever going to make it go away. You sold your soul to me to have this run that you’re having, but you know as well as I know. That the run is coming to an end. Each week is getting harder for you. Each week you’re growing tired. Each week your bones are growing weaker. Your muscles are tearing down. It’s becoming harder and harder for you to get out of bed in the morning. Your age is really starting to show. Eventually, your body is going to give out and you’re going to fail. Then your soul belongs to me!

Each word that came from the Devil’s mouth, there was some sick satisfaction that Harris could feel he was getting from it. Harris again tried to breathe but that hand made it almost impossible. Feeling himself starting to become light headed.

The weakness really started to show against Malachi. I tried to tell you the writing was on the wall and those people saw you caving under the pressure. That’s the only reason that match took place. Then it was clear your age is starting to catch up to you and the skill you once had is starting to dwindle. From one side to the other that man beat your ass. He had your number the entire time. He exposed your weakness and was that close to taking the championship from you. Before you resorted to the most cowardly act yet to get that man disqualified. You’re disgusting in every form.

The words were getting under the skin of the champion. As they had so many times before, but there wasn’t anything he could do about it. Not to mention he could feel himself slowly starting to fade in and out of consciousness thanks to that choke hold.

You barely escaped with that championship around your waist. And now you want to take on the challenge of two men? One that is younger than you. More agile than you. Quicker than you. A man that can do things in that ring that you couldn’t even dream up. And other man... who just might be more sinister than you. Who just might be more sadistic than you. Who might be more tormented than you. Surely more mentally unstable than you. Not to mention he's a monster in every single way. You really put yourself in a scenario where your back is against the walk like that you old pathetic fool?!

Literally the fight that he had deep within him was leaving his body. Harris’ eyes started to roll back into his head.

There’s no chance you leave with that championship. There’s no chance that you remain undefeated. You’re going to fail, like I knew you would all along and you’re going to let one of those men take everything from you on a physical form. Then when that happens. I’m taking your soul where it was meant to be all along... I’ll be waiting!

Those last words were barely able to be heard by Harris. He was that close to fading, but suddenly he found himself leaning forward and coughing hard. Trying to do everything he could to catch his breath. That hand clearly being released but as he opened up his eyes and looked around harshly gasping for air. The Devil was nowhere to be seen. No sign of him whatsoever. Harris is still gasping for air. Choking on the words he was able to speak out loud.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Son... of... a ... bitch!

For a brief moment, he had thought he had gotten rid of him. Standing his ground and making it clear that he was determined to not fade and give the Devil what he wanted in their deal. Yet, in the back of his mind he should have known better. He should have known that it wasn’t going to be that easy as the Devil said. Not when his entire soul was on the line. That’s the only thing that the Devil wanted and he’d do anything to achieve it. Finally, he was able to catch his breath. Just sitting there. Trying to come to terms with things. That pressure to do well was on once again. It was already there, but now with this reminder. It was intensified by ten.

It was a Thursday evening. In a room full of young men and woman, they all surrounded a professional wrestling ring. Each person looked geared up and ready for training. Standing in front of these young folks was a slight older gentleman. He raised his hands in the air to gain everyone’s attention and get them to quiet down a bit.

The Trainer
ALEXANDERTAYLOR
Alright, alright. Let’s settle down a little bit. I know everyone’s excited.

Of course, the class seemed to be listening. Hushing their volume quite a bit. Seemingly having some respect for the man standing before him.

The Trainer
ALEXANDERTAYLOR
Over the last couple of weeks. Each of you have been bringing in your eighty pounds. As I’ve told you, we were going to have a special guest and quite the seminar for each of you to take place in. Today is that day. So, without furher ado. Allow me to introduce to you, the Sin City Wrestling Heavyweight Champion and Pro Wrestling Icon slash Legend, Michael Harris!

As soon as the students heard the name. There were some pretty excited cheers as this was such a good opportunity to learn. In a matter of seconds Harris could be seen walking up. Ignoring the students as he was counting the wad of cash that was in his hands. With a not so pleased expression on his face. Finally making his way to the man that introduced him. Quickly pulling him in and turning their backs to the students as he whispered.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
This isn’t the amount I asked for... And the fuck am I supposed to do with your currency?! It’s useless to me. I don’t ever plan on coming back to this shithole.

The Trainer
ALEXANDERTAYLOR
Listen, we had a couple of people drop out of the class...

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
And how the hell is that my problem?!

The Trainer
ALEXANDERTAYLOR
It’s not and I apologize, but...

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
But nothing, this is going to cost you. I don’t like my money being played with or my time being wasted. So let’s get this show on the road.

Harris found himself slapping the man in the back of the head as he forced them both to turn around. The students kind of stared back at the two of them awkwardly after hearing part of their conversation. Harris finds himself stuffing that cash into his pocket.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
So you’re all here, because you want to be professional wrestlers huh?

All of the students in unison shouted: “Yes.”

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Each and every single one of you. Think you got what it takes to make yourself a star in my business? A business that I have given my blood, sweat, and tears to for the majority of my life?

Once again every single student found themselves shouting: “Yes” in unison to his question.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
I don’t believe it. I don’t believe it for even a second. Most of you aren’t going to be willing to go through the things I had to go through to make it. Most of you don’t have the balls to leave your significant other at home. You don’t have the balls to leave your children at home. Don’t have it in you to make the towns with less than twenty dollars in your pocket. Don’t have it in you to work for a handshake. No hotdog included. You kids now days coming up in this business are self entitled and it’s fucking disgusting.

He found himself pacing back and forth in front of the students. All of them had their eyes on him, but if you would have looked into some of their eyes. They were a little peeved by his comments. Furthering his point in some ways.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
In this business, it’s all about sacrifice. You have to sacrifice everything if you want to be successful. You don’t just one day overnight be a sensation. The wrestling aspect for me was second nature. I had no problem with that. I’m like God’s gift to this, but everything else takes time. And even then when you do start to get there. You’re always going to come across someone like me. A veteran that’s not going to believe in you and a veteran that’s damn sure not going to let you take a spot from them. It’s a forever game of chess.

That being said Harris turned around and pulled himself up on the ring apron. Taking the time to wipe his feet on the apron before climbing into the ring. He leaned against the ropes and looked out at everyone.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
But since every single one of you said yes when it comes to you thinking you have what it takes. I want to see that. I want the top student in the class and I want the greenest student of the class.

The Trainer
ALEXANDERTAYLOR
That would be Ellis and Cameron, but I warn you. We’ve got a huge show this weekend. Carmen is competing for our big championship. I’d like to keep things simple if...

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
... Shut the hell up. I’m the one running this seminar. Not you!

The Trainer
ALEXANDERTAYLOR
Uh... yes sir.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Whomever Cameron and Ellis are. Show yourselves boys. Step into the ring with me.

As soon as those names were said both of the young students made their way to the front. One of them was a very massive looking man. Just stocky and tall. Certainly towered over the SCW Heavyweight Champion. The other one was a very jacked looking kid. Not the tallest, but clearly very lean and very cut. At least looked the part. With both of them in the ring, they stood before him. For a moment he just sized the two of them up.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
So who is who?

The Top Prospect
CAMERONKNIGHT
I’m Cameron.

The Giant
ELLISBAILEY
That makes me Ellis.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Okay, so that makes you the green kid. Do me a favor for a second there Cameron and step out of the ring.

Cameron followed the orders and backed up to step out. Staying right there on the apron. Harris took a step back and really got a feel for the the man that towered over him.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Big ol’ boy huh? Got that Austin Mercer look to you.

The Giant
ELLISBAILEY
All due respect, but I’m not sure I know who that is.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Don’t worry. Neither does anyone else. So, how long you been training?

The Giant
ELLISBAILEY
At least seven months now.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Okay, okay. Not even a year in. You at least know how to throw some punches? Make ‘em look good. Nice and crisp.

The Giant
ELLISBAILEY
I like to think so...

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Alright, let’s see what you got. Give me one.

The Giant
ELLISBAILEY
Are you sure sir?

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Don’t be a pussy. Give me one.

Harris stepped up and had his arms at his sides. The student looked rather unsure of himself at this moment, but at the same time this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from one of the best. He drew back his fist and fired away, catching the SCW Heavyweight Champion right on the chin. Harris stumbled back in the corner and grabbed his chin right away. Right away the student thinking he was far too stiff.

The Giant
ELLISBAILEY
Oh! I’m sorry, that was a little stiff!

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Nah, nah. It’s good kid. I like it like that. It helps me remind people like you or something.

The Giant
ELLISBAILEY
Remind us of something?

As soon as those words came out of his mouth. Harris stepped forward and swung with all his might. Connecting with a stiff punch to the nose and quickly dropping the student. He screamed out in agony as he grabbed his face. As he rolled over to roll out of the ring, the blood could be seen seeping through his hands as he covered said nose. One would’ve had to guess a broken nose right away. The trainer of the class quickly rushed to the aid of the student.

The Trainer
ALEXANDERTAYLOR
What the hell man?!

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
That’s a valuable lesson to learn in this business. It don’t matter how goddamn big you may be, but in this sport. The bigger you are, the harder you fall when you find yourself in the ring with someone that’s badder than you are.

The Trainer
ALEXANDERTAYLOR
Come on man! These are just young kids in the business, you can’t do shit like that!

The Giant
ELLISBAILEY
I think my nose is broken, coach!

The kid was balling his eyes at that point as he kept the pressure on his nose. Harris looked on unphased by the situation. Right away the trainer of the group was having a couple of students help him to the office.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
And this is what I mean by most of you don’t have what it takes. You think this is easy. You think it’s a way to be a star. You think you don’t have to put in the work. It grinds my gears. If that kid was really about this business. Regardless of a broken nose. Regardless of tears. He’d gotten back up and fought me, but he didn’t. That makes him a bitch and proves he isn’t cut out for this.

Harris turned himself around and locked eyes with the kid still standing on the apron. He didn’t seem all that eager to be in the ring now. His face said it all.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
And that brings me to you, superstar. You’re the top student in the class. Top prospect. The one that everyone sees a lot in. Do you really think you got what it takes after seeing that?

The Top Prospect
CAMERONKNIGHT
... I think so.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Only think huh? Says a lot already. So, if you think so. I have to ask. Where do you get your inspiration? What made you think you could be a professional wrestler?

The Top Prospect
CAMERONKNIGHT
Well believe it or not. I’m a big fan of one of your opponents. Miles Kasey, big hometown guy. He’s just shown that if you believe in yourself and you give it everything you got. You can without a doubt make it. That's where I get my inspiration!

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Is that so?

Cameron went to answer, but before he could. Harris grabbed a hold of the young student by the hair and proceeded to whip him over the top rope into the center of the ring. He hit the mat hard. Rising in pain.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
You really want to be inspired by someone like Miles Kasey?!

Cameron had attempted to get up, but as soon as he got up to one knee. Harris with everything he had stomped on that knee and immediately caused the student’s knee to pop out of place. It was just gruesome looking as Cameron screamed bloody murder and grabbed his knee.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
People like you. People like Miles. You’re fucking pathetic. You’re worthless. You don’t belong in my business! You’ll never be championship material!

Harris proceeded to force Cameron’s hands off his knee and grabbed a hold of that leg he had attacked. Before dropping his entire weight down onto it with his own knee. Cameron again found himself screaming in agony. Before any more damage could be done, the trainer was sliding into the ring and quickly shoved Harris back.

The Trainer
ALEXANDERTAYLOR
Are you BLOODY insane bruv?!

Not a word was said. Harris had a blank expression on his face as he stood back a little bit. Watching the young up and coming start writhe in pain. All the other students were looking on in fear. The trainer dropped down to check on Cameron, but seeing the damage that was done. He didn’t want to further freak out the kid.

The Trainer
ALEXANDERTAYLOR
It’s going to be okay Cameron! It’s going to be okay!

Of course the last thing he was listening to were those words. He was in far too much pain. Harris glared at the two of them on the mat. Having no remorse whatsoever for what he just did.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
I told you, you’d pay for messing with my money... and the kid deserved it. Fucking Miles Kasey? Really? That’s who you mold yourself after. What a joke!

His lips were curled into a sinister like smirk, but he knew that he had taken things too far. Even if there was no remorse for what he did. This was not a good environment for him to stay in. Harris quickly hustled himself out of the ring and began to storm forwards the front doors. Passing by angry, confused, worried, and even sad looking students along the way. There was no doubt in his mind. Once this got out to the public. It would be a big deal in London news headlines. He would also have just another giant x painted on his back for being a target all due to being the world’s worst human being, but again being the target and having everyone against him is what made the Icon thrive under pressure.

The night had fallen for London on what turned out to be a wonderful Saturday. In less than twelve hours from now. The city would be treated to Sin City Wrestling presents: Into The Void XII. From the general buzz being felt by the wonderful people of London. It was sure to be quite a night when those fans crammed themselves into Copper Box Arena. Now while the fans were getting their sleep to be ready to cheer with everything they had. While the men and women that made Sin City Wrestling be everything they were, enjoyed their night and relaxed before the big event.

There was one man in particular that simply could not rest. He simply could not relax. He just couldn’t pass up an opportunity to let the world know how he felt one last time. With a personal crew on hand, the scenery found itself opening up. Focused on a sign that said “Highgate Cemetery” before the cameras found themselves further into the dark and barely moonlit cemetery. In a matter of seconds, their primary focus was found. The SCW Heavyweight Champion himself, Michael Harris. His face was barely lit up enough to be seen. As he broke the silence.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
On May 7th. Austin Mercer and Miles Kasey. Have the chance of a lifetime. They’re having what is without a doubt their biggest match of their career. They are presented with an opportunity that they normally wouldn’t have gotten any other way. A chance at becoming the SCW Heavyweight Champion is hanging in the balance. But that’s just all it is... it’s a chance.

A very sinister little smirk could be seen creeping over his lips..

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
They’re stepping into the ring with me. The GREATEST EVER to do this. People get mad and like to say I’ve been here for a cup of coffee. Wondering where I get off calling myself that, but at the same time. It shows their lack of intelligence. Because if you did your homework. If you did the research. You’d know I’ve been everywhere and I’ve done everything. Every single promotion I have ever stepped in. I’ve made an immediate impact. And on top of all of that. What man has ever stepped foot into SCW and made an impact like I have right off rip? What man has ever come into SCW and became the Heavyweight Champion in just three matches? What man has ever walked into SCW and made a four time Heavyweight Champion become an immediate after thought and a former self of himself, just like that? Don’t worry, I’ll wait...

His words were met with a pause. Just looking right into the lens as if he was going to get some type of response from someone. In reality, he knew he wouldn’t. It was just a tactic to make the sheep of SCW think, but also at the same time a chance for him to ruin any little hope they might have.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
You all know there isn’t anyone, but that’s kind of getting off topic. As much as I like to talk about myself and brag. The whole point is on Sunday. Austin and Miles only have a chance at MY Championship. It won’t be a situation, where one of them actually walks away with the championship. And that’s not even just me being me. That’s not just my ego talking. That’s the cold hard brutal facts. Because, what the hell have they done to make you or anyone else believe they stand a chance? As far as I’m concerned. Not a goddamn thing. A couple brawls here and there leading up to a big match like this means nothing.

A couple horrible spooky cryptic promos from Austin. That’s not enough. Talking about being the person everyone is behind like Miles. That’s not enough. And did anyone even hear the way they have carried themselves this week heading into the match? I haven’t bought a word either of them have said. It all screams that they don’t believe in themselves. It all screams that they believe deep within their hearts they have already lost. Which I guess when you break it down. It’s not the end of the world for them to have that mindset. At least in the end, they’re not going to end up disappointing themselves. And maybe it softens the blow when they don’t have their hand raised in the end.

Such a nonchalant shoulder shrug escaped him at that moment. There was no doubt about it, one of the many reasons this man was hated. Was based on the way he carried himself. His ego was just too much for people to deal with. Even in such a simple set of words. He was letting it shine now. Aiming to get under the skin of his opponents but also the people that would be rooting for them just a few hours from now.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Austin, you had a chance to speak your mind with more eyes on you than you’ve ever had on you before... You’re welcome for that by the way. But you had a chance to really speak your mind. You had a chance to really sell yourself. You had a chance to remind people why you were once a former Heavyweight Champion. And what did you do? You cracked a couple wise cracks about my age? Get in line with everyone else. You repeated the same thing you’ve repeated since day one. Yeah, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, according to you. But I didn’t let it go like you wanted. Get the fuck over it. That doesn’t make me a “child” screaming look at me, look at me. Like the narrative you tried to paint. Nah, that just makes me a man. That was determined to get even. You weren't going to kick me in the face and get away with it. Not how I do business, bitch.

But other than all of that. Still in the end your primary focus is Miles. Teaching him some lesson, that the only person that gives a damn about is... you. How am I supposed to view you as a threat to me? When you don’t even seem to care enough that this is for the Heavyweight Championship? How am I supposed to see you as someone that could be the first person in this company to pin my shoulders to the mat, when you don’t seem to give two shits, I’m even in the match to begin with? Now sure, this could be your chance to be a smart ass and say, “well that’s just how you view you as a nobody worth my time” you know the same generic shit people have been spitting since I’ve arrived. But let’s tell the truth, shall we Austin? Not only do you not have the proper brain cells to piece together a thought that makes you sound compelling. But you want to have an excuse for when you lose.

From the moment Austin kicked that man in the face. He had made it clear there was no love lost between them. He had made it clear that he had no respect for Austin. And now it seemed he was once again forming a certain opinion of Austin. One that was sure to make him rage, like he had over several other opinions the Icon had formed of him. Yet, Harris was comfortable with what could come. Keeping that arrogant smirk of his flashing.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
The excuse that you think is going to work in your favor. The excuse that you’re hoping gets you a shot at the title again, but in a one on one situation. You’re using this entire thing with Miles as a crutch. You’re putting all that focus there, just so you can turn around when you’ve been defeated. To say that you didn’t give it all you had. You weren’t worried about me. You weren’t focused on the championship. I see the writing on the wall, brother. I’m not nearly as stupid as some people like to think that I am. But allow me to just go ahead and shut all of that down. Austin, you’re going to be no different than Mac Bane.

You’re going to be no different than Malachi. I beat you, go ahead and say goodbye to the SCW Heavyweight Championship. Because I will NEVER defend the title against you ever again. You had your chance, you had your opportunity, and you pissed away. I don’t reward people for being subpar. I don’t reward people for making up excuses. If you aren’t good enough to beat me, first go around. Then you’re never going to be good enough to beat me. Simple as that. So as you can see my man. Having this crutch to lean on. It does you no good at all. I’m going to kick it right out from under you and watch you crumble back into the black hole of obscurity that you crawled out of to begin with.

Each word that he spoke. He was just painting a bigger x on his chest. Making him a targeted man, but it seemed that he thrived in that situation. He thrived under the pressure, but then again as far as he was concerned. There wasn’t much Austin James Mercer could or would be able to do to him.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
And now that brings me to you, Miles. You have the same chance as Austin. Just like you had the same chance, the same opportunity to sell yourself to the world. To give yourself that extra boost, to bring a couple more fans onto your bandwagon, and to make everyone believe you’re the future of this company. Yet just like Austin, you pissed away. Which is pretty embarrassing considering we’re in your backyard for Into The Void, but I can’t say that I’m surprised.

Harris simply shook his head from one side to the other. In a clear disappointed manner.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
You showed just how insecure you are in yourself heading into this match when you told the people you don’t care who leaves as champion. You or Austin, it’s still a win for you? As long as I don’t leave with the championship? You pathetic piece of shit. No one should ever let words like that come out of their mouth. The only one you should want to win is yourself. The only one that you should want to succeed is yourself. The only one that you should want at the top of the mountain is yourself. But the fact you said that? Out loud for thousands to hear? Oh Miles, that makes you nothing more than a bitch in my eyes. Here I thought you had a little more testosterone in you than Austin, just to be proven wrong. And then you want to talk about how I stole the Championship? You talk about how I’m such a bad champion, and then even have the balls to stand there with a straight face to say that anyone on this roster would make a better champion than me?

For a brief moment, there was legitimate laughter that escaped the lips of the champion. It was almost hard for him to contain the laughter. Doing his best to reel himself back in.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
If I STOLE the championship then how come something hasn’t been done about it huh? I mean, everyone has such a problem with how I won. Yet, no one has ever come forward to say it didn’t count. No one has ever come forward to say I broke a rule. Mark and Christian have NEVER STRIPPED me of the Heavyweight Championship. How come that hasn’t happened yet? In fact, the better question is... If I stole the championship how come Mac never came back around to stake claim to that? Everyone acts like the guy was God here. Yet, it took me just a few weeks to shatter that mentality everyone had of him. Sent the man tucking his tail between his legs and hanging out in the mid-card where he belongs at best. And I can go on from there Miles. If ANYONE would make a better champion than me, how come no one has stepped up to try? Cause, if we’re being honest here and shooting from the hip. The only goddamn reason you or Austin have a shot at my championship is because of me! No one was knocking at my locker room door, or meeting me out in the ring to challenge me.

It took management scheduling Malachi randomly against me for my first title defense to even happen. And he had the chance to be that ANYONE that you claim would be a better champion. Only to get bitch smacked and sent on his way. As a matter of fact you both bitch about how I “stuck my nose” in your business. How I saw that as an “in” and how I just had to make everything “ALL” about me. As I’ve repeated time and time again, I am not going to be kicked in the face and let that shit go. But if I had let it go. Had I turned the other cheek. Had I just walked away. Where the hell would the two of you be huh? The two of you alone aren’t GOOD ENOUGH to headline a supercard. No one would be lining up to buy tickets to Austin Mercer vs Miles Kasey. You’d just been another pointless match on this card like: Oliver Zahn versus Saul Darius or Bobbie Dahl versus Seleana ZDunich. So you UNGRATEFUL fucks should be thanking me for not turning the other cheek, because I gave you the main event spotlight you WOULD’T HAVE GOTTEN any other time!

He went from feeling rather amused to feeling anger. Feeling his blood boiling. Feeling slighted and disrespected. Once again being a man that had no problem airing his grieves. The cold air blew his hair out of his face at that exact moment to reveal the almost “fire” he had in his eyes.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
All of that bullshit that you spewed from your mouth is no different than Austin. You want an excuse, just like he wants an excuse. Only difference between you and him, is you’re not going to want another title shot. No, you’d rather just stick to your comfort zone of being a never-was within these walls that is Sin City Wrestling. But when it comes to how you want to benefit from your excuse, it is simple. You’re using all of that to keep the fans on your side. You’re afraid that they’re going to do just what I said they would do when you didn’t win. You’re afraid they’re going to turn on you. You’re afraid that you’re going to lose their support. You’re afraid that they’re never going to give a damn about you ever again. So, you’re hoping to save face with these excuses for when you lose. However, allow me to be the bearer of bad news. Allow me to rain on your parade, because that’s kind of my thing. The excuse isn’t going to hold up. When you don’t have your hand raised and the championship put around your waist at the end of the night. Each and everyone of them are going to turn on you. Without a single thought about it. Just sucks a little more for you, because it’s going to be your hometown turning on you. But in the end you’ve got no one to blame but yourself.

Once again there was a very nonchalant shrug that escaped his shoulders. Further really proving this man was about as heartless as they came. Didn’t care about anyone that wasn’t himself in the long run.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
In the end though, I think the only one that’s actually left disappointed in all of this is... me. I am left disappointed because I expected more. I expected more of a fight. More drive. More passion. I expected more out of the both of you. We haven’t even stepped into the ring with each other and I’m no longer even excited for the ring. I was... I was excited to stomp the life and the hope out of both of you, but it’s clear to me. It’s not even going to be there when we find ourselves standing across from each other. I once said, this was going to be the easiest match I’ve ever had. Even said it would go down in history as the easiest title defense I’ll have in this FOR-EV-ER reign, but that was just me being me. That was just my ego running wild. But after I’ve seen what I’ve seen and heard what I’ve heard. This really will go down in history as my easiest title defense.

Shaking his head once again in that disappointed manner. Almost made himself really look and sound disappointed, but at the same time there was a good chance. Not a single person was going to buy it.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
I guess it’s fitting that I chose to be in this cemetery as the last time you heard for me before our match. I’ve always found myself at peace in a setting like this. Knowing that all the useless flesh and bones are buried six feet deep. Knowing that people that never really amounted to anything are just laying in these graves as their loved ones have forgotten about them and just moved on with their lives. And finding some satisfaction in knowing that when my time on earth is over. I’ll have done more than overall that most people that have ever lived and died. I’m just that fucking good, but at the same time. It’s fitting because while Miles and Austin. Your time here on earth isn’t over yet. But your careers are as good as dead. It’s time to do the right thing boys. Once you’ve taken the loss. Just dig your graves, put your careers in the dirt, and move on. Let them rot in hell where they belong.

He couldn’t have made himself sound any more heartless than he did in that moment.

The Icon
MICHAEL HARRIS
Into The Void will turn out to be the single most heartbreaking moment of your entire careers. It’s one thing to lose. It’s one thing to be so close to becoming Heavyweight Champion, but it’s a completely different thing. To be slaughtered in front of thousands and being forced to understand that I’M BETTER THAN YOU and there’s literally nothing you can do about it!

With not another word to be said. Harris flashed that arrogant smirk of his to the cameras one final time before turning his back to them. Starting to walk away and disappear into the darkness of the cemetery. Leading to the cameras starting to fade to black. A lot of people would say that words didn’t matter, and all that really mattered was what happened when everyone stepped into the ring with each other. That was true for the most, but at the same time part of the game was the mental edge. As far as the GREATEST EVER was concerned. He had already broken them mentally and therefore it was already over before it even took place.

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
Suspicious Minds.

It had been a few weeks. A few weeks of seeing Alicia put on a brave face. Come into the gym and work hard. Watch her help Zoey prepare, watching her be a mentor to the younger members of the gym. Austin took a deep breath and looked away, back at the large tyre sitting on the grass in the small courtyard outside the large warehouse that Wolfslair New York had occupied since day one. He grabbed the small pouch of chalk and readied his hands.

Bending down Austin gripped the rubber, grunting as he stood up and pushed the tyre upward before flipping it, he bent down, repeating the process. Over and over again flipping the heavy object from one end to the other. He turned and went back the other way, pushing through all the pain and burning from the lactic acid building up in his muscles and joints.

He sighed heavily, bending down as some of his hair fell into his eyes. It had been growing back, it’s length reminding him of what he once looked like. The loving father with a bushy beard, long hair and no tattoos. But that man was dead.

He died with Lisa Mercer.

Austin went through the motions with his children. He loved them, he wanted to protect them and make sure they grew up to be healthy and happy members of society. But it was not the same as before Lisa passed. She was his heart and soul. And now, now his heart was black and his soul was empty and devoid of light. His emotions dulled by the loss of the only person he felt he had left. The loss of his mother, his father and his step mother disappearing up her own ass in a cloud of lies and deception,

One could barely blame Austin for feeling like this, for feeling the pain of loss and the anger that went with it.

Alicia stepped out of the gym, taking in a deep breath and sitting with her back against the wall as Austin wiped the sweat from his brow. He gave her a nod and grabbed a towel before heading inside, but, before he could move through the door Alicias voice stopped him. ”Aus, you got a minute?” He stopped, looking down at her with a stoic and emotionless face. ”Does it get easier?”

”Yeah….it does.” He was lying. It wasn’t easier, he was still angry. Still broken.

”I know Michael and I….I know we were getting divorced but, I did love him. And losing him…I’m hurting…” Austin stayed silent, his mind flashing back to a few months before as he ground his teeth together. Trying not to look Alicia in the eye. She was too into the moment to notice Austin not looking at her. ”How have you been dealing with it? Growing with it?”

Austin takes a deep breath and shakes his head, he knew he had to say something, he knew he had to do something. Anything. He let out the breath and leaned down sitting next to Alicia. ”Losing someone you’re close to, it’s never easy. I’ve been through alot of it. But, it does get easier. If you use the anger, the sadness, the frustration and channel it into something…”

”Like what?”

”Your kids, your career, something creative, shit I don’t know, revenge or empathy for others?” Alicia stayed looking down, she shook her head and ran her hands through her hair. ”Having to deal with someone being murdered in your life…it’s a unique feeling that many will never have to go through…”

His voice trailed off, Alicia slowly turned her head staring at Austin before clearing her throat. ”How did you know Michael was murdered?” Austin turned to her, before he could say anything Alicia continued. [color[=hotpink]”I haven’t…I didn’t tell anyone…”[/color]

There was silence between them, Austin took in a deep breath and shook his head before shrugging. ”He was found in a hotel room, and Alex said I should talk to you. I thought maybe that was the reason why. I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have assumed.”

Alicia took a moment but gave a small nod, accepting Austins answer. ”I don’t understand though. I don’t get why anyone would kill Lisa or Michael. Even if…”

”If what?”

Alicia sighed, thinking back and wanting to tell Austin something, to reveal something. It was on the tip of her tongue. ”The last three or four months before he left, Michael was acting strange, he was asking questions about wolfslair and you and Alex and even Lisa. I don’t know what was wrong with him…he was just…shady…I’m sure I’m overreacting…”

Austin studied her, tilting his head and narrowing his eyes before pushing to his feet looking down at her. ”Maybe…maybe neither of us will ever know for sure the hows and whys.” He stared out, looking passed the gate and then he saw him, staring through at them both. Detective Paloma, Austin growled before backing up. ”If you need anything….you know where to find me Ali….I’m just a phone call away alright?”

She gave him a nod. ”Thank you….I will.” She noticed his look, the steely gaze out of the courtyard, Austin turned and moved back inside, Alicia looked over at the gate. But no one was there.

Failures.

”I have failed so many times.”

Austins deep voice booms, his eyes stare forward as his hands clasp together.

”I wanted to hold the world title as long as Fenris did before me, and when Vinnie beat me, I failed. I wanted to make sure the internet title was to a certain level and I wanted to make sure I didn’t lose another title to Vinnie, and I failed. I wanted to beat Mac Bane for the world title and in the end, I failed. Failure after failure after failure. Sprinkled between successes. Or atleast thats how I feel. Tell me, is that how you all feel?”

“So you see me as a success or a failure?”

“You ask most in SCW and they are so interested in downplaying mine and others accomplishments that, if believed, SCW has never had anyone worth a damn. Ever.”

“And I come from a gym full of champions. Full of the best of the best. And I don’t just mean the group I mean the whole gym. Lachlan Kane, Sierra Williams, Johanna Krieger, Alicia Lukas, Alex Jones, Bella Madison, Malachi, Finn Whelan, Zoey Lukas, Myself and Miles Kasey….”

“All of us members of the Wolfslair gym and have stepped foot in SCW and competed here.”

Austin pauses and shakes his head with a laugh.

”SCW world titles, bombshells titles, roulette titles and internet titles and mixed tag titles. The group and the gym did it all and now I am in a position where I want the next generation to rise up. I want Mal and Miles to be better. To rise up. Same with Zoey and Bella. Admittedly the lovely Bella Madison, a woman who Michael Harris decided to threaten is now out pregnant…but they are the future…”

“And Miles needs to realize it.”

“This was never about you slighting me Miles.”

“This is about yuou slighting yourself. This is about you not seeing and living up to your own goddamn potential. And that word, that fucking word is one that is both a blessing and a curse. See, with you, and with Malachi all we have ever heard is that you have potential. You have the potential to be a champion, to be great, to be as great as me, as Alex as all the o0thers in that fucking gym that came before you. The POTENTIAL to be great,”

“But atwhat time does the word potential in and of itself become an insult?”

“When you start6 out, potential is meant to inspire and to be a glimpse into the future. But when you hit your stride, when you enter your prime, the word potential becomes a mockery, and I refuse to let you make a mockery of your own goddamn talent Miles….that is why I attacked you, that is why I attacked Carter, that is why I have done everything I can to wake you up and make you the man you need to be….this had nothing to do with Lisa, nothing to do with my past and my losses, this has everything to do with you needing to realise that you don’t need all of that…you need to wake up and take your destiny in your hands and be a damn champion…”

He growls and therows his hands in the air.

”You want to know something Miles? Something hat might surprise you? Even though I want to be world champion again, even though I want to pop Michael Harris’ head like a damn zit and take that championship oiff him and rule this company with an iron fist …in my heart….I want to see you rise up and win….become the world champion.”

“Miles Kasey, SCW world champion, what a sight that would be huh?”

He chuckles again and his facial expression turns. The smile fades, his eyes burn and he cracks his knuckles.

”Of course, there is also the world champion himself. The third wheel. Something that I’m sure gets an egomaniac like him hot and bothered, so hot and bothered he might need to take out that anger on his wives and mildly inconvenience the poor women for the three and a half minutes we know he can last….”

“After all, he uses most of his energy up on the long winded rants that devolve into an old man ranting at a cloud..”

“Does Bill Barnhart know you’re stealing his gimmick?”

“Freedom of speech is sometimes overrated, and it doesn’t mean you can waste all of our time by running your mouth and simply repeating everything I said to you Michael. But your assumption about me and about the eyes I have had on me is ridiculous. SCW was fine before you came here and it would be fine if you left. Same as Mac Bane, same as J2H, same as me. The company will endure and go on and no one name is bigger than it. And the fact that you have been holding that championship for this long makes me sick.”

Austin pops to his feet and growls, his eyes burning even brighter as he becomes furious.

”I may do things that others consider distasteful. But Carter is a professional wrestler, he is active and can defend himself. I attacked Alexander Raven who is also a fucking professional. I have never and will never threaten someone who cannot physically defend themselves. Shit even Aron, Fenris brother is a man with blood in his veins and flash over his bones. He could fight.”

“You? You threaten pregnant women and act like an edgy teen who likes to listen to death metal and jerk off to racist and transphobic stand up comedians.”

“The truth is Michael, that the wrestling world has moved on from people like you. And now, with your little fragile ego out of control and being padded by the fact you have been able to become the SCW champion, you have had a false sense of purpose and security. But, look at me. I am a six foot six destruction machine. I break people in half and I have been the world champion here and in other places before. I know what it takes to carry a company on my back.”

“And I am willing to do it again to save it from the likes of you.”

“See, I want Miles to stand up, to rise up and live up top his potential. But you? I want you to just fade away into non-existence. I want you to go home, be with your wives and live out whatever fantasies your mind comes up with so you can live the li9fe of a 14 year old boys wet dream. And thats all you are. A fantasy, a piece of history in a world that doesn’t need you. You have no emotional depth, no real pain to speak of and no adversity in your life.”

“And at into the void, I am sending you to hell, because we all know the second you lose that title…you’ll throw a tantrum and be gone. And nothing of value would be lost…”
>

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Even the Best Distractions Come With Consequences

Week Ago
Las Vegas

I cannot believe that you are making me do this!” Miles grumbled, currently in his 2022 Jeep Rubicon flying down the streets of Las Vegas, sunglasses covering his eyes looking rather annoyed. He was by himself at the particular moment with his phone setting on a clip, in front of him lit up with a call from his twin sister.

“Hey! I asked you WEEKS ago to take part in my wedding and you said yes. It’s not my damn fault you waited until the last possible moment to go get your suit fitted for the event.”

Bri, I’m a busy man! I have a huge match that I have been busting my ass getting ready for in London. I have been in and out of training all damn day, pulling 2 a days because apparently no one seems to think that I take my job seriously. So please cut me just the tiniest bit of slack!

“I’M SORRY! I’m just super stressed out, we’re at the zero hour. Riley is cutting even more teeth and making life an absolute living hell for Garrett and I. I know we rushed this whole thing but I am really depending on you! It’s bad enough I’m not even getting a rehearsal of any kind because of everyone’s schedules. Even mom has told me that she was lucky to get the day off.”

So we’re equally stressed, awesome. Should make for a wild party on Friday then.” Miles laughed as he came to a stop at a light, “I do wanna ask you again that it’s absolutely ok that Carter is my plus one. I know you and mom are absolutely fine with it, I just know practically nothing about your fiance’s family.

“I’m not even worried about it. I want you AND Carter there and that’s the end of that.”

Well if you insist,” Miles smirked, “Just do me a solid, will ya sis? Make this one stick because if you do this to me again I will show up in swim trunks, tank top and let Carter go all out with his outfit and I have seen that man’s closet, trust me it will absolutely be the wildest thing you have ever seen.

“That’s a threat and I’m almost tempted to call him and dare him to do it for my wedding, because I wanna see you walk in there with him on your arm and you wearing that pastel green suit that’s waiting for you.”

For you, I’d do it.” Miles said as he finally pulled into the tailor, “I’m here, by the way...you never told me what I was doing in the wedding? One of Garrett’s best men?

“No, we originally talked about that but we settled down on the perfect thing.”

Flower girl?” Miles joked but Bri just took a deep breath, loud enough to catch his attention, “Bri?

Suddenly a notification pops up and before he even looks at it he hears, “Turn your video on.” Miles looks worried for a moment but turns it on and sees his twin sitting there with a smile, “I know I should have asked you right from the start but- I was kinda hoping that you would walk me down the aisle.”

What?” Miles said, “But what about mom?

“She even agreed with me. Miles...look...we may have come into this world together but you Miles did everything and anything you possibly could to keep our family together. You are the strongest of the two of us and honestly if it wasn’t for you looking out for me, who knows what would have happened. Just...what do you say bro? Will you give me away?”

In London

A week later

And give her away he did and the entire ceremony was beautiful, short and it was obvious that it was completely for show for the other side of the aisle...and maybe a little bit for Miles and Bri’s mom.

Miles managed to make her laugh with a joke as he walked her down to the man that helped her bring Riley into the world. As they exchanged their vows, Miles saw his mom tear up and not going to lie, that brought a tear or two to his own.

But once it was finish and they announced Mr. and Mrs. Garrett Barnes, was when the real issues began. First it started with pictures with the bride and groom and their insistence that Carter be involved, he saw the look on Garrett’s mother’s face as they did the nice picture followed by the silly picture. The wicked mother’s face grew even more sour when she saw as Carter straightened up Miles’ tie that had gone loose and Carter fussed over him for a moment.

She would pull his brother-in-law off and start expressing concerns and giving Garrett all the credit in the world, he stood up and told her to stop before she made it worse.

When it came time for dancing though, Miles wasn’t about to be shy and he pulled Carter out on the floor and planned on dancing the night away. He could feel a pair of eyes bore at them both but Miles didn’t care as he held Carter close in a slow dance.

She’s still staring at us.” Carter said with a little worry in his voice.

Do you want to leave?” Miles said, “All my duties are done for the night, we’ve eaten...had plenty to drink, I’m more than willing to head back to the hotel after we say goodbye to the bride, groom and mom.

It might be a good idea. I wanna make sure your sister knows I am thankful for her inviting me and that for the most part I had fun.” Carter said with a slight shrug, “I just feel like I’m naked in the middle of enemy territory here.

Hey, right there with you but I’m not about to let it bother me. I’ve had a lot of people tell me lately that my focus has cost me a lot of things like actual success in the ring but I don’t know...I'd rather have this than grow to be an absolute miserable tosspot.” Miles sighs and leans down to give him a kiss, haters be damned, and grabs Carter’s hand, “Alright, let's get out of the line of fire.

You are way too good for me sometimes you know that?

Nothing else needs to be said between the two as they approach Brianna and Garrett in the middle of their own dance but little Riley was in his sister’s arms passed out.

“HEY! Ohhh I know that look, you two are out of here, aren’t you?”

Yeah, I think we’re partied out and Garrett’s mom won’t stop giving us the evil eye.

“I’m sorry about that, mate.” Garrett said, “I told her that she needs to stop but it’s like...”

Don’t even sweat it.” Miles waved it off, “Enjoy the honeymoon and the tickets are there for you both if you are still interested in coming to the show on Sunday. I’d love to have you guys there.

“We will be.” Bri smiles before giving her brother a hug, “Thank you for today.”

It was my honour,” he said before giving her a kiss on the cheek. He turned to his brother-in-law, “Garrett, take care of her. She’s a lotta trouble at times.

“Oh I know exactly what I got myself into.” Garrett said shaking Miles hand, “And Carter, it was an absolute privilege to meet you. Bri told me all about her trip with Mora and I gotta say it was awesome to finally get a first hand idea. We’ll see you soon, I hope.”

Yeah, same.

Miles gave a final wave and they began to head out of the room and as they turned the corner he would make eye contact with his mother, who was currently being confronted by Garrett’s mother.

“Mora, it’s embarrassing! To have that kind of filth in our own family now. How can you not be ashamed of him??”

“Wendy, my son’s life is his own. He is completely open and honest about who he is and we will never stop loving him because he is with Carter. Did you even try and talk to them? Get to know either of them?”

“I would never allow myself to be seen with anyone like them. It’s disgusting and immoral.”

Miles' eyes grew dark, and Carter’s grip on his arm grew tighter.

A pity really.” Miles spoke up, before Wendy turned with a start, “Thankfully though it seems as if your son is perfectly fine with having someone like me in his family.

“HOW DARE YOU-?!”

NO MA’AM, how dare you. You sit there are your high and mighty throne, berating the woman who raised me and has always supported me to what? Try and turn her against me? Step down off your soapbox and realize that you are the only one with a problem in reality here. Carter is my boyfriend, we live together, sleep in the same bed when we feel like it and the sex...

“I NEVER-”

No, that’s very obvious. I’m convinced that you haven’t been laid since about what...the mid-90s? But that’s besides the point, I fully 100% adore Carter beyond something that I don’t think even you know about. I am the happiest that I have ever been in my life and I hold absolutely no regrets in that. Not in life and not in my career. All my efforts that I have put in has made me a better man and while how I got there completely disgust you, that’s a “you” problem.” Miles says stepping up to his mother and wraps his arm around him, “Garrett is now a part of our family...you are just spare parts. Now get away from my mother, you crusty cow.

And all Wendy Barnes could do was scoff and back off slowly before she ran away from the three of them.

“That was amazing, son.”

You okay?” Miles said before she nodded, “Good, we’re going to make our way out of here before she starts up again. See you on Sunday, right?

“Without a doubt, I will always be there to support my kids. Love you both and let me know when you get back to the hotel?”

We will,” Carter spoke up, “Promise and thanks for inviting me.

“You are always welcome in our family, my dear.”

Mora would give the boys a big hug before excusing herself. Miles would stand there a moment before Carter would bump him, “Are you okay?

Miles gives a sure smile, “I regret absolutely nothing, love. Not tonight, not ever. You know that right?

Carter nods adamantly, “I do now.

Talk, Talk, Talk
Later That Night

The night was late in London, the whole damn city was buzzing due to some tosser getting crowned a supposed king but above that in their hotel room, Miles stayed up. Wide awake.

I have been going over everything, every moment in my head that has lead to Into The Void, all the attacks, all the talk and I called it a week ago. Michael and Austin seem to think that I’m just too far distracted to be a threat.

He deeply inhales.

If I had a nickel for every single blessed moment that someone came along and told me that I just am either, not good enough or I can’t get my own shit together long enough to be considered anything more than a one trick pony.

But, here’s the thing. Yeah, my life can be complete chaos but I still put in the fucking work. I have no qualms about the amount of times I have fucked up, tripped at the line and damn near died in the process. You wanna know why people are impressed by me? That never quit attitude. I’d rather pass out, than tap out. I’ve done THAT more than once. And then the next week I am ready for whatever the next challenge lies ahead of me.

He smirks, running his hands through his curly hair.

Little did I know, following Blaze of Glory, knowing that Austin was out to make an example out of me that Michael Harris would suddenly feel threatened. I never once asked or demanded for a World Title shot, you can go back. All I did was stir the proverbial pot and yeah, I instigated the situation but SO DID AUSTIN! Austin, you can actually try and deny it all you want but you have known guys like Michael Harris with a universal sized ego, telling him to just let shit go....mate,  you knew he wasn’t going to let it go.

The whole thing between Austin and I seemed to be just big enough to pull in our champion because well fuck forbid anyone out shine Michael Harris. We’ve seen it this whole damn cycle, Malachi was SO FUCKING CLOSE to ending you and you egg’d him on and got him disqualified because if you took any more, your ass would have been done. You have been living on borrowed time since your CUNTS helped you knock Mac out and steal that title. Austin and I, despite how much you scream it, are legitimate threats and you fucking know it. Austin nailed it directly on the head, your brother is so much better than you and it freaks you the fuck out.

That causes Miles to laugh.

As for Austin...Mate, I don’t fear whatever lesson you have in store for me. Truth be told since Lisa’s passing I was waiting to be your personal punching bag. Bruv, if that’s what its going to take to bring you out of this personal hell that you have been in? Then that’s fine. We have worked side by side since my arrival in Wolfslair and it’s because of you and Alex that I have even gotten this far. But the pup has to grow up sometime, don’t they? The student surpasses the teacher and all that cliched bullshit.

But I know without a doubt that I can fucking do this. It’s been a dream and it may be short lived but at least I can fucking say that I did it. I did it with the best support system a man could ask for. My attention is full on set to London, in the main event of Into The Void when we get Austin James Mercer, Miles Kasey and Michael Harris beating the fucking piss out of one another, no rules and all for one of the biggest prizes in the game. The SCW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

Time to show you, what you all knew all along...Figure it out if you already didn’t know