Author Topic: JESSIE SALCO (c) v KIM PAIN - BOMBSHELL ROULETTE TITLE  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
JESSIE SALCO (c) v KIM PAIN - BOMBSHELL ROULETTE TITLE
« on: April 24, 2023, 02:12:17 PM »
Post your roleplays here by deadline. Good luck and have fun!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Three Years………..”
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 05:26:13 AM »
(Keira was used with permission from her handler)

Many had expected Luna Vanity to retain the title in her first defence against Jessie, instead Luna became the first SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion since Keira Fisher to lose the title in the first defence as Jessie would use her veteran instincts and smarts to take the title from Luna ended her reign at two weeks! However that meant that Jessie now had to defend the title against an even tougher opponent, namely Kim Pain of The Saviours, at Into the Void XI! Can Jessie retain the title?

Local medical facility, Cluj-Napocca, Romania
Monday the 25th of April 2023, 10:00am

At this rate? We may as well put the whole damn cycle up for “Holy Shit/WTF Moment of the Year” at the Year End Awards because I sure as hell don’t know how they are going to narrow down the choices from this cycle alone!

Krystal’s change of attitude, the main event scene in the male division alone, the many twists and turns of this year’s Blast from the Past Tournament, where do I even begin? If there was one good thing that emerged from this cycle though? It was that my title drought was officially over, I had beaten Luna Vanity in Scotland to win the Roulette Title for a record fifth time and, well, that meant two things.

One: that I was guaranteed a spot on the Into the Void card, two: that I needed to start thinking about the next defence because like Luna I was being thrown into it two weeks removed from winning the title, and against a fellow veteran of the sport to boot.

Kim Pain was a newcomer to the Bombshell division who had amassed quite a reputation elsewhere un wrestling, she also happened to be Mac Bane’s sister and let’s just say that being tough as nails wrestlers must run in their family! Up until last night’s show Kim had managed to go unpinned throughout her SCW career and really, her only loss up to that point was because her Blast from the Past Team with Goth was forced to withdraw from the competition due to Goth suffering an injury, vacating the Roulette Title in the process.

Kinda makes you wonder what if Goth had stayed healthy? I know he’s older than me and that injuries tend to be a lot more common in older wrestlers than younger ones due to wear and tear but still, would Calvin and Dawn still be finalists? Would Goth and Kim be facing J2H and Devona in the finals instead? That would end up being a riddle for the ages I’m afraid.

As for her first real defeat? It was to Crystal Caldwell in last night’s Main Event, in a math that I can’t really hold against Kim because Crystal managed to elicit some outside help to win the match! No one knew who the masked woman who interfered in the match was but one thing was certain, at least for me, if that woman started wrestling under the La Rosa Ardiente name I was going to scream!

So, why am I not in England with the rest of the roster? Krystal brutalized two more rookies last night on Climax Control, twin sisters called Andrei and Daciana and it was Keira’s timely intervention/return that stopped Krystal from breaking Daciana’s arm, but that was why me and Keira were here, Krystal ended the so called match by sending Andrei flying out of the ring with her Running Powerbomb and Jasmine decided to cut to the chase and declare Krystal the winner by knockout.

That was after Krystal hit the poor girl with her new Ripcord Lariat finisher which she had dubbed “The Hope Destroyer”, she had proven its effectiveness against Seleana and in her first public workout but she had made a point to pull Andrea’s head-up when she went for the pin.

Tell you the truth? i was beginning to wonder if I ever truly knew Krystal as a person.

“Andrei and Daciana will appreciate you two stopping by.” The doctor informed us as he led us through the hospital hallway. “They’ve the nurses that they’ve been huge fans of SCW for years and jumped at the chance to wrestle on Climax Control.”

”They should’ve read the fine print before they agreed to anything.” I commented dryly as I followed the doctor and Keira nodded in agreement. ”How banged up are they?”

“Daciana’s arm will heal in no time, Keira arrived in time to prevent a repeat of what happened in Scotland.” The doctor explained and we nodded as he turned to us. “Andrei on the other hand? She has ten stitches in her head from where Krystal punched her, four bruised ribs and one cracked rib from the impact and a concussion, she’ll be hospitalized for at least a month.”

“All that too send a message?” Keira whispered to me with a frown before the doctor continued to lead us down the hallway and stopped in front of Andrei’s room. “Is she conscious?”

“She is but she’s been on sedatives and pain killers since she woke up a couple of hours ago.” The doctor responded with a nod as he reached for the door. “The girls do speak English but it’s their second language, I’m sure you understand.” The doctor added and we nodded before he opened the door to the hospital room, Andrei was in bed looking as banged up as we expected with her sister at her bedside.

We watched as the doctor talked to the girls in Romanian and whilst I couldn’t understand what they were saying, it was clear that he was explaining to them why we were here and their eyes did light up when they saw us so they clearly recognized us. ”Andrei? Daciana? You won’t hear it from her but we want to apologize of Krystal’s behalf for her actions last night.” I stated as we were left alone in the room with the twins and sat down.

“I’d rather hear it from that bitch but I understand.” Daciana grumbled in response as she felt up the arm Krystal had targeted for breaking. “Damn it, we only just started our wrestling careers and this is what it gets us? Our parents have been trying to talk us out of pursuing our dream since Andrei was admitted to hospital!”

”I can’t speak for your parents kid but they surely have your best interests at heart, I know I’d be freaking out if I saw that happening to my hypothetical daughters.” I assured the twins and they nodded in understanding as they got the idea. ”How are you feeling Andrei?”

“Like I got run over by a bus.” Andrei sighed as she eased herself up in bed. “I don’t know why Krystal zeroed in on me last night but you can see the end result for yourself, Daciana was worried that I’d never be able to walk again but miraculously? There was no damage to my spine.”

”I guess we can be thankful for that small miracle.” I responded with a sigh before looking the twins over, they couldn’t have been much older that Harper or Cassie at least. ”I don’t know what the Romanian health care system is like, so forgive me if I get anything wrong but will Andrei need something like a GoFundMe page set up?”

“To cover the medical bills? No, Romania has universal healthcare.” Daciana explained as she shook her head and I let out a sigh of relief when I heard that. “Once she’s discharged? Well, when I’m not wrestling I work as a waitress in the city, but I’ll probably have to take another job to help her with that.”

“You let me us worry about that, I have a friend who’ll ensure that you girls are looked after.” Keira assured her and it didn’t take me long to figure out that she meant Jenny Tuck, no matter how many times Keira explains it to me I still wonder how that woman hasn’t driven herself to bankruptcy yet. “And don’t worry about Krystal either, I’ll deal with her over the coming months.”

It didn’t exactly take me long to figure out what Keira meant by that either, not after that promo Krystal cut in the parking lot, but Daciana chimed in before I could say anything. “I never got a chance to properly thank you for saving my arm, if Krystal had broken it, my job as a waitress would be impossible as she had gone after my dominant arm, not to mention having to take time off wrestling like that girl in Scotland.”

”I was on my way out myself but Keira beat me too it, we didn’t want to see another young wrestler get her arm deliberately broken.” I responded with a nod and the twins gave me a thankful nod, we talked for a while longer until visiting hours were up and we were told to leave but as we reached the parking lot I turned to Keira. ”She says she wants to help the future by eliminating the past, yet Krystal has broken one young wrestler’s arm and threatened to do the same to Daciana, what exactly is her end goal?”

“I don’t know, Survival of the Fittest maybe? The girls she’s gone after aren’t exactly veterans of the industry.” Keira responded as she shook her head and I frowned before nodding in agreement. “I won’t be flying straight out to London, I have the day-to-day operations at Hero Academy to run first, but I’ll try to be there before the Into the Void weekend.”

”I know Harp will be happy to see you there, she’s about to make her debut for Kingdom Come Wrestling which, you guessed it, is based in London.” I explained to Keira and the blonde hall of famer nodded in agreement. ”It’s also Harp’s first overseas trip since her parents were murdered, this is a big moment for her personally and professionally.”

“I understand that, but someone has to keep the students in line, the weekend off has probably left them restless.” Keira responded with a nod as we headed towards our rent cars. “We’ll catch up before your title defence against Kim, I promise you that Jess.”

”Appreciate it, now if you excuse me? I’ve got a flight to London to catch in about an hour.” I nodded as I approached my car. ”First trip to England for me since my yearly Bloodstock trips were ended by the pandemic, I’ve managed to get Jake and Shane to come with me for old time’s sake.”

“At least you’ll have more than just Harper to keep you company.” Keira nodded in response before she got into her car. “See you around Jess.”

”See you.” I responded before we drove off.

Local café, London, England
Tuesday the 25th of April 2023, 12:00pm

Been a while, hasn’t it London?

In truth I had forgotten how much I liked England’s capital city having come here pretty often in 2014 for concerts, that was when Steve Ramone was footing the bill for the trips, and before Steve turned out to be a massive dick.

At least his SCW run was his last hurrah before he called it a career! But since then I haven’t visited London aside from when SCW was hosting a show here the last time being London Brawling II all the way back in 2019, a lot has changed since then off course but some things remained the same.

Such as my passion for metal and titles! Even as me and Harper were enjoying a meal in a small café in London I couldn’t resist parading around the Roulette Title.

”So, Cass gave me some pointers when I told her that I was going to London, based on her experiences when she was working for that MPW promotion.” Harper commented as she got her notes out. ”Let’s see, London’s metal scene is off the charts, fish and chips are overrated, bars are cool because she’s allowed to drink alcohol in England………”

”Okay, first off? You just said that Fish and Chips is overrated, in a crowded British café.” I interrupted Harper and she laughed nervously as she noticed the looks she was getting from the other customers. ”Second? Cassie is a sweet kid, but there’s a long line of people I’d ask for advice regarding my first ever trip to a foreign city before I ask her and that’s including Fenris, Tempest and Christian!” I added and Harper quickly realized that I had a point before putting the list away. ”Just stick with me Harp and you’ll be fine, I’ve been here plenty of times, for both business and pleasure!”

”Yeah, probably best that I rip up that list before I get chased through the streets by an angry mob.” Harper responded with a nervous grin before I shook my head. ”Besides, you’ve gotta know the best music venues in London right?”

”Oh sure, the Underworld in Camden, the 02 Academy in Islington, The Dome in Tufnell Park, there’s probably some smaller venues that I haven’t checked out yet since London is a big city and all.” I responded with a nod before checking my phone for a second, then I came across a post from Warbringer that caught my attention. ”Huh, wonder if I can still get tickets to this?”

”Tickets for what?” Harper asked as she gave me a curious look and I paid no attention to her as I checked my DICE app. ”Jess?”

”Tell me Harp, how badly do you want to see Warbringer live?” I asked Harper and she nodded enthusiastically with a broad grin on my face. ”Well, you’re in luck, Warbringer are touring the UK this week with a London date on Saturday, I can get tickets for us plus Shane and Jake! I know they’ll be interested but what about you?”

”I’d probably buy a ticket myself if you weren’t offering.” Harper admitted and that was all the answer I needed to buy the four tickets, in total it set me back about seventy quid but Warbringer as a band made it worth it. ”Any support acts or are Warbringer playing alone?”

”They’ve got two support acts, a London based Blackened Death Metal act called Phobetor, and no, I’m not sure if I’m pronouncing that correctly, and a Scottish Blackened Speed Metal band called Hellripper who seem to be their main support throughout the tour.” I responded after checking out the info on Facebook and Harper nodded as she got the idea. ”Remind me to check out the support acts when we get back to the hotel, maybe they’ll be really good.”

”I’ll probably do that myself, if I get out of this café alive after what I said about Fish and Chips.” Harper responded with a nervous laugh and I shook my head with a chuckle before we ordered our lunch.

And don’t worry, Harper got out of the café in one piece, and I made a mental note to have her try fish & chips at least once whilst we were in London.

Walking through the Whitechapel Market, Whitechapel, London, England
Tuesday the 25th of April 2023, 16:00pm

I’d almost be tempted to say that most of the roster is going to be disappointed the moment they visit modern Whitechapel, but then again, I sincerely doubt that anyone in their right mind is eager to meet a serial killer, even one as long dead as Jack the Ripper.

But time moves on and the Whitechapel that was once the haunt of Jack the Riper is no more, it’s been replaced by a vibrant, multicultural district of London which, based on my research about the place, is actually considered one of the safest areas in London these days, but it was the Whitechapel Market that caught me and Harper’s attention so that was our destination.

The market itself was an Asian market, selling food, clothes and electronical items, when Shane learned about that he asked me to look into getting some Asian ingredients like MSG as he was running low on the stuff back home but that could wait for a bit.

As for why I’m not doing the Jack the Ripper tour? I checked online and that thing costs just under a thousand quid for just one person and buying the Warbringer tickets for the four of us set me back enough as it is! I’m not due to get my SCW paycheque until Friday and since I’m planning to do my promo before then I opted to save that for week two, both because by then the PPV would be drawing near and because it was thematically appropriate in my opinion.

Well, okay, the stupidly high price was playing a part in that too!

”Well, we can’t say that they don’t have a decent selection here.” Harper commented as we walked through the market and I nodded in agreement as I checked out the stuff on offer. ”It’s strange, based on the stories I heard about Jack the Ripper, I was expecting a different place than this.”

”Harp, you already pushed your luck when you besmirched the good name of Fish and Chips earlier, don’t summon Jack the Ripper on our asses as well!” I responded half-jokingly and Harper let out a nervous laugh as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. ”Besides, it’s like I said to Jake back at the hotel, that was over a hundred years ago, a lot has changed since then.”

”True enough, I guess I should’ve thought of that.” Harper nodded in response as she looked around the market. ”We’re planning to hit the Camden Market tomorrow right? I know that place has a few trendy restaurants thanks to Cass.” Harper asked before she paused and grinned a little bit. ”See? Even Cass has some good advice sometimes.”

”And a broken clock is right twice a day, doesn’t change the fact that it’s broken.” I responded bluntly as I folded my arms under my boobs. ”Cassie’s a smart girl, don’t get me wrong, but she’s also going through the teen rebel phase from hell even though she’ll be turning twenty in July.”

”I guess you have a point, but it’s still good that she looks out for the other Hero Academy graduate, right?” Harper asked and I nodded in agreement, and unlike her cousin Cassie did seem sincere in wanting to help her fellow trainees whenever they asked for it, consequences be damned. ”Hey Jess, Shane asked you to pick up some Asian ingredients for back home right?”

”Yeah, why?” I asked and Harper pointed to a stall that seemed to have everything on Shane’s list, once I checked the list my husband had given me I nodded with a grin. ”Good eye Harp, I’ll see how much I can get for what I’ve got left in my account after buying the Warbringer tickets, try not to get into too much trouble!”

”No promises!” Harper joked and I shook my head with a chuckle before joining the line for the stall, luckily I had just enough to get the stuff that Shane had asked for but once I pulled away from the que I saw Harper being chatted up by a local around her age. ”Yeah, me and my cousin Jess are here for the next couple of weeks, aside from me returning to the states on Sunday for work obviously but I’ll be back before you know it.”

“That’s cool, I’ve always been a big fan of Jessie Salco.” Well, that explained it, the lad had obviously recognized me whilst I was chatting with Harp but didn’t seem to notice me as I returned to Harp with my bags. “Do you think you can get me her autograph Harper?”

”Or you can ask me now that I’ve got the stuff I needed from that stall.” I responded as I returned to them with my bag in hand and the kid got a bit flustered when he realized that he was talking to me, still I signed the kid’s autograph and he was soon off. ”Things with Tommy not working out?”

”Not funny!” Harper groaned in response and I shook my head with a slight laugh. ”He was just an autograph seeker, that’s it, but when it became clear that you were going to be a while we got to chatting to try to break the awkward silence.”

”You mean like how Tommy is just a good-looking boy who happens to work at the bakery Whisper uses?” I teased Harper and if the kid had turned any redder I’d be worried about her being sunburnt. ”Come on, my feet are killing me and I know I an artisanal bakery nearby.”

”You really know how to tug at my heart strings, don’t you Jess?” Harper asked with a massive grin on her face and I shook my head before we left the market for the bakery and a place for me to sit down, all in all? It was a productive day.

But I would be coming back here for my promo tomorrow morning.

The streets of Whitechapel, London, England
Wednesday the 26th of April 2023, 09:00am

*promo time*

The biggest mystery of them all.

”The bosses certainly like to end their International Tours with a bang, don’t they? What better way to end the Unsolved Mysteries Tour than to dedicate the PPV at the end to one of, if not THE most notorious unsolved Serial Killer cases of all time in Jack the Ripper?” I asked as I stepped out onto the cobblestone alley with my arms crossed. ”Now, these days Whitechapel is a lot safer than it was during Jack’s heyday, but it still serves as an appropriate location for my first promo against Kim Pain, and with this on the line?” I asked as I pulled the Bombshell Roulette Title out of my bag. ”Well, who knows what the wheel will throw at us this time?”

This will be good.

”However, before I get into deep for this promo, I have to say something, for a tour about unsolved mysteries, the biggest mystery seems to be how no one but Roxi and Michael can hold their titles for more than five minutes!” I stated as I looked at my Roulette Title. ”Take the Bombshell Roulette Belt for instance, in the span of four weeks it passed from Crystal Caldwell to Luna Vanity to yours truly and given my history with this title? Many are expecting it to be passed to another new champion in the form of Kim Pain, all because I have a reputation for being a choke artist when it comes to actually defending the belts after I win them.” I added as I shook my head. ”It’s time I broke that little reputation of mine!”

Sick of it.

”Kim, when Harper made the choice to go to Hell’s Gate for further training to help prepare for the graduation gauntlet match against myself, Roxi and Keira, I went with her to show that the old saying “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks” is complete horsesit, the fact that I broke the three yearlong title drought just a few weeks after Harper’s graduation proved me right and you were right there helping me and the kid along.” I stated as I rested the title over my shoulder. ”That has its ups and downs off course, on one hand I had one of the best wrestlers to arrive in SCW in a long time to help me refine my skills, on the other hand? You saw my weaknesses as a wrester for yourself, first hand, you may have ironed a few of them out but no one’s perfect, right? But the inverse is true Kim, because those here weeks I spent at Hell’s Gate allowed me to scout my future competition, you included.”

What does this mean?

”In other words? You know my weaknesses, and I know yours, and you know what the funny thing is Kim? This is a match I’ve wanted since you first arrived in Sin City Wrestling.” I added as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”What can I say? When I saw you run through that idiot who couldn’t cut it in SCW and was gone after Zoey Lukas tore through her, I knew that we could produce magic in the ring if given the chance! And that wasn’t even me speaking as the Bombshell Division’s unofficial gate keeper, that was me speaking as a competitor eager to test my skills against the new kid on the block, even if said “kid” is older than me.”

Battle of the veterans.

”We’ve both been in this sport for a long time Kim, only difference is that you came out of retirement for one last hurrah and whilst I may have flirted with the idea of hanging up my wrestling boots from time to time, I never went through with the idea for one reason or another and kept going,” I added before holding the title high above my head. ”And if this isn’t a good indication that I made the right choice to keep at it rather than quit whilst I was ahead? I don’t know what is, but having been in your position more times than I care to count Kim? I know what’s going through your mind as we inch closer to the title match, your only focus is taking the title off the defending champion, conversely my only focus is getting out of the arena with my title reign intact and if I had taken part in that Open Invitational Match a few months ago I would’ve taken that very literally! What this match will ultimately boil down to is who wants it more? The champion, or the challenger?”

A riddle for the ages.

”And unlike the mysteries this tour has been centred around? We will have a definitive answer by the end of it!” I said before resting my title back over my shoulder. ”The champion obviously wants to retain the title and move on to their next challenger whilst the challenger wants to be the next champion and take on all comers, it’s a tale as old as time, isn’t it Kim? But you need to understand something about me that’ll make it clear why this is a must-win match for me Kim, because this is more than just my first title defence to me, this is about a long wait finally coming to an end.”

How long?

”Three years…….” I trailed off as I thought back to the last time I won the title. ”Kim, when I last held the title? The world was in the grip of the Covid-19 pandemic! For fuck’s sake, I had caught covid earlier that same year when SCW was touring England for the ill-fated homecoming tour! And guess what else Kim? Back then, I shocked everyone by ending the new champion’s reign after her first defence, held the belt for two weeks before the former champion whined her way back into the title picture and took the title back like a petulant child! Why yes, I am still angry over Johanna Krieger throwing a tantrum to get what she wanted, why do you ask? But more to the point? It’s almost a perfect replica of how this reign started isn’t it? At least this time it made it to the PPV and this time? I’m not losing it that soon!”

It's that simple.

”Kim, the ball’s in your court, either you make the game winning shot or miss completely, those are your choices heading into our title match.” I stated simply as I looked at the Roulette Title. ”Believe me Kim, I’ve been on both sides of a title match more times than I want to count! And Frankly? I’ve seen too many of my title reigns get cut short before their time, in fact? Here’s a history lesson, ten years ago, I won this title for the first time at my first ever Blaze of Glory, I defeated two woman who haven’t been seen in SCW in ages but do you want to know how that ended? I was ambushed during my first defence, a Dumpster Match against Joanne Canneli, by two Team Erick Bombshells out to screw over Team SCW in any way they could, they ganged up on me and threw me in a dumpster to end my first ever title reign, and people wonder why I became such a cynical bitch!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”You want to know the delicious irony of that little Story Kim? One of those two Bombshells was Amy Santino, still going by her maiden name of Amy Marshall at the time, that’s right, the woman who would later become my partner in crime and induct me into the Hall of Fame last year helped screw me over during my first title defence, time heals all wounds, what can I say?” I asked before shaking my head. ”Make no mistake Kim, my days of being the butt of the Bombshell Division’s jokes are over! My Hall of Fame induction was the first step towards rehabbing my reputation as a Bombshell, this title reign will take me the rest of the way and you Kim? You’re the first one on my list and after I strike you like Blood Lightning? The world will see just how serious I am about this! See you in two weeks Kimmie!”

I walked off as the scene fades.

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“The Battle of London.”
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 02:46:17 PM »
It was the week of Into the Void XI and Jessie’s first title defence in years was drawing near, Jessie was set to take on a fellow wrestling veteran, albeit one who hadn’t been in SCW for nearly as long as her in Kim Pain and was out to prove that she could defend a title after years of being a one and done champion! However Kim was a tough competitor who’s only defeat to date was by outside interference, can Jessie win?

Warbringer Concert at The Dome. Tufnell Park, London
Saturday the 29th of April 2023, 22:30pm

Oh to be young again.

Me, Jake, Shane, and Harper had arrived early in Tufnell Park for Warbringer’s show hoping to get a bite to eat, granted the only places to eat were a Chinese takeout, a chicken restaurant and another pub that served nothing but pizza but we didn’t come all this way just for the food, and honestly? Watching Warbringer live was making me feel like I was ten years younger, like I was still in my prime! Then again if I were twenty-three I’d be right there with Harper in the pit.

But with nagging injuries? My body hates me for even contemplating joining Harper in the pit!

As for tonight’s support acts? The opening act was Phobetor, a London based Blackened Death Metal band with a female singer, despite a lack of crowd interaction that band went down great and we had agreed to buy their albums from Bandcamp once the show was over! Same went with the Scottish Blackened Speed Metal squad Hellripper who had served as the only consistent support act on the Warbringer tour and brought the room alive with their energy.

Honestly? If it was just Phobetor and Hellripper I would’ve been satisfied as both bands did a fantastic job tonight, but then Warbringer took the stage by storm, me, Jake, and Shane pretty much forced our way to the front, Harper spent the rest of the night in the pit and well, as good as Phobetor and Hellripper were? Warbringer were on another level tonight! Part of me wondered if not being able to tour in support of Weapons of Tomorrow due to the pandemic had something to do with it but they had taken to the stage with a fierce energy.

Either way? Even as the show was winding down and they played two songs from their debut album War Without End (Total War and Combat Shock)? They never let up the energy.

”Welp, time for the Wall of Death.” I commented to Shane as we turned around to watch the room split in half for the infamous mosh pit, what was a Wall of Death? Aside from being the name of my 450 Splash finisher, if you ever seen that clip of Exodus playing at Wacken Open Air where the crowd split in two and then charged at each other on a count of four? Yeah, that was a Wall of Death, twenty-three-year-old me would literally throw herself into those things despite usually being the smallest person in the pit, thirty-three-year-old me? Not so much. ”Oh to be young again.”

“You know we’d be right in there about a decade ago.” Shane responded with a grin as we shared a fist-bump and I grinned right back at him. “But we don’t have Harper’s youthful energy anymore………wait, where’s Harper?!”

“Oh Christ………” Jake muttered as he ran a hand down his face and we turned to my much bigger brother. “She’s in the Wall of Death, front row to boot!”

”Oh fuck no! The kid has a match scheduled for tomorrow night!” I responded bluntly before I tried to force my way through the mosh pit and pull Harper out of it before it was too late, sadly though? John gave the signal right before I could get to her and the Wall of Death went off forcing me to return to the guys. ”I couldn’t get to her in time, we’re going to have to peel her off the venue’s floor once Warbringer finish.”

“Hopefully she’ll still be in one piece.” Jake responded with a nod before we watched the rest of he set, soon afterwards Warbringer finished their set and the crowd started to disperse allowing us to look for my younger cousin.

That didn’t take us long, as Harper was laying on the floor with a massive grin on her face surrounded by other metalheads. ”THAT WAS SO AWESOME!” Harper groaned as she weakly threw up the metal horns and I shook my head as we made our way over to her. ”Oh, hey Jess.”

”Hey kiddo.” I responded as I knelt down close to her and looked her over, all I could see a couple of bruises on her body but nothing that wasn’t consistent with a mosh pit, diagnosis? The kid had literally moshed herself to exhaustion. ”Do you just want to sleep here tonight or head back to the hotel?”

”You’re kidding right? How am I supposed to get comfy down here?!” Harper asked and I shook my head with a grin before standing up and offering Harper my hand once she took it? I pulled her back up to her feet, only for her to lose her balance almost as soon as I let go. ”That’s not a good sign.”

“Hey, hey, I’ve got you.” A nearby male metalhead responded upon seeing Harper collapse and helped the kid back to her feet, I was a bit concerned that the guy was going to se this as an excuse to grope Harper’s breasts but fortunately for both him and her? He kept his hands far away from her breasts. “Is she going to be okay?”

”She’s exhausted and going to be sore as fuck in the morning, otherwise? She’ll live.” I responded as I shook my head before hooking Harper’s arm over my shoulder to help her to the door. ”Do you know if there’s a pharmacy around here? Don’t know if you’ve noticed but we’ve come all the way from America.”

“I was wondering about your accents, the nearest one is the DH Roberts Chemist, can’t miss it.” The other metalhead informed us and I gave him a thankful nod as Jake and Shane came over to give me a hand. “Can I just say that she’s a bloody legend? Never saw a girl her size just go at it like that in the pit.”

Legend was not the word I’d use, reckless was more like it, Harper had a match for Empire Pro tomorrow night, she’s known about it all week, a match that she was about to enter battered and bruised. ”Thanks for your help, we’d better get Harper to the car now.” I thanked him and some other metalheads helped clear a path for us as we headed to the door, once security saw me supporting Harper they were happy to help us get out the door first and we were soon in the rental car with Jake and Harper in the back and me and Shane in the front with me driving.

”That was totally worth whatever pain I’ll be in tomorrow morning.” Harper said with a yawn as she rested her head against the window and I shook my head as I entered the name of the chemists into Google Maps on my phone. ”Oh come on Jess, I’ve heard the stories of you in a mosh pit from when you were younger!”

”I never went inti the mosh pit the day before a big match.” I responded as I turned the rear-view mirror to see Harper and, well, that woke her up in a hurry. ”In all the excitement, you forgot about your match with Hirano didn’t you?”

”Oh shit!” Harper groaned as she ran a hand through her long dirty blonde hair, and I bet the fact that she had to fly back to the states for that match didn’t help her mindset. ”Still worth it but I’m going to be sore as fuck by Monday.”

”Which is why I’ll be grabbing you some extra strong painkillers when we get to this chemists because trust me, you’ll need it!” I responded before I started the directions to the chemist and drove off following the instructions.

We had gotten there just in time as the chemist was minutes away from closing, worse yet? It was a bank holiday thanks to the coronation so it wouldn’t be open until Monday otherwise, still I got Harper the painkillers and we returned to the hotel in short order.

Jake would have to escort her to her room and help Harper into bad, which I’m sure is the plot of a porno movie but I digress! I’d be checking on her in the morning before we headed to breakfast  anyway.

Outside Harper’s hotel room, London, England
Sunday the 30th of April 2023, 8:30am

It’s mornings like these that remind me why I rarely drink alcohol these days, last night was an exception because that Warbringer show was my first concert in England in some time but I was still waking up with a hangover.

But now that I’ve had some aspirin and fully woken up, my concern turned towards the girl I was babysitting on this trip, Harper just went straight to sleep last night not even bothering to get changed out of her day clothes and I knew how sore she was going to be so I made a point to grab the painkillers before I headed down the hall to her hotel room.

”Harper? It’s me.” I called out to Harp as I knocked on her hotel room door, despite being a fairly upscale hotel the walls were pretty thin and I could hear hat eighteen-year-old groaning as she woke up. ”Are you decent or do you want me to wait a couple of minutes?”

”Replace minutes with hours!” Harper called back and I sighed, she was clearly in pain from last night and I had probably woken her up. ”For fuck’s sake, Keira’s nagging me enough y threatening to fly out to England and get me out of bed!”

Keira must’ve seen Harper’s tweets about the show last night, and mine as well, still I got my phone out to check and sure enough? Harper had been tweeting this morning and Keira had responded. ”I’m not standing out here for hours whilst you regret getting in that Wall of Death last night! And you can deal with me or I can go down the hall and grab Kat Jones to get you out of bed, your choice.”

That was a bluff, I wasn’t even sure which room Kat was staying in or if we were on the same floor as her, Mac or Kim but it was a bluff that worked as Harper answered the door about a minute later, she had least gotten changed out of the outfit she wore to the concert last night, having donned the Warbringer shirt she had brought combined with an army jacket and ripped jeans, the kid was in the middle of tying her hair up in a bun when she greeted me at the door and I looked her over. ”One question.” Harper commented with a yawn as she finished tying her hair up. ”Do you even know if Kat’s on the same floor as us?”

”Honestly? No, but I had to get you out of bed somehow.” I responded as I shook my head and Harper nodded reluctantly before letting me into her room and I followed her in. ”I don’t mean to be a nag Harp, but you did have me worried when you went down last night, if that had happened  whilst the pit was active?”

”I would be a lot worse off than I am, I know!” Harper sighed as she sat down on her bed and I walked further into her room. ”I still say it was worth it, it worked as an energy release at least!”

”Metal shows are good for that kind of thing, who knew?” I asked with a grin before I got the painkillers out of my pocket. ”You remember that instructions the pharmacist gave us?”

”Yeah, those things are meant to be taken every four hours, after this one I can take my next lot of pills at 12:30.” Harper nodded and I grinned before I handed her the painkillers and she took a couple of tablets. ”You want me to leave these things with you or keep them on me?”

”Keep them on you, you’ve got a flight to America via kayfabe airlines at 13:00pm, remember?” I asked and Harper nodded as she remembered that. ”Those painkillers were the cheapest ones I could get that have any real effect; they should take the edge off long before your match with Hirano.”

”If not, you’ve got a whole week to go back to that pharmacy and ask for a refund.” Harper responded with a grin and I chuckled in response to her joke. ”You want to know why I went so crazy last night? Part of it was adrenaline and the excitement of seeing one of my favourite modern Thrash Bands, the other part of it was that I had some frustration to work out.”

”Really?” I asked with a raised eyebrow before sitting on the chair at the desk where she had plugged in her laptop. ”And here I thought you were taking your first ever loss well.”

”It’s not that! I knew I was bound to lose a match eventually, I would’ve liked a few more matches under my belt first but still!” Harper asserted ad when I heard er tone of voice? I knew she wasn’t lying, if she were, would she have gotten that angry. ”The morning before I left Vegas to meet you guys at Heathrow, there was a reason why I said I’d meet you guys there in the afternoon.” Harper let out a deep breath before she continued. ”The thugs who killed my parents were sentenced that morning and the DA had called me in to give a victim impact statement.”

”That explains why you arrived a few hours later than the rest of us, but not how reckless you were in the pit.” I responded with a nod and Harper sighed. ”Take your time kid, we’ve got a long, relaxing day ahead of us.”

”Says the woman not booked to wrestle tonight.” Harper reminded me and I winced before shaking my head. ”At the end of the day, the thugs got life sentences, with a possibility of parole after twenty-five years, I was hoping they’d get no parole.”

”Didn’t you say that they had no intention of killing your parents? They just took the guns to scare them?” I asked as I started to take a more synthetic approach to Harper’s plight. ”Besides, you’ll be in your forties by the time they get out, I’ll be nearing sixty for fuck’s sake! They’ll still be in prison for a long time.”

”And Mackenzie and Scott will be in their twenties, I know! But they have to spend the rest of their childhoods without their parents, I have to go to my cousin who I didn’t even realize was my cousin until last year for advice like this! Err, no offence.” Harper pointed out and I put up my hands as if to say, “none taken”. ”My parents won’t get a second chance, why should the thugs who killed them get one? Even if it is twenty-five years from now?!”

”Sadly kid? That’s the way the legal system works sometimes, but you can at least remember the good times you had with your parents.” I assured her and Harper looked up at me. ”Like the jacket your wearing, I remember you telling me you’re your dad served in the army.”

”Yeah, he did a couple of tours in Iraq and Afghanistan before I was born, ended up taking less risky posts after that after I was born but we still lived all over the world until he stopped serving when I was eleven and we settled in Vegas.” Harper nodded to confirm what I was saying before sighing. ”He wasn’t exactly a fan of me getting tattoo work done or my navel pierced but by then I was eighteen and had made it clear that I didn’t want to enlist in the army anyway so there was no chance of me following in his footsteps anyway.” Harper added before letting out a deep breath. ”Several of his old army buddies showed up for his funeral, half of them were surprised at how much I had grown since I last saw them, the other half would probably have tried to set me up with their sons if it was appropriate.”

”Strong willed, intelligent, athletic, and good-looking girl like you? Can’t imagine why they’d want their sons to date you!” I teased Harper who blushed a bit in response. ”Is that where you got that jacket from?”

”No, I’ve had this thing for a few years, I liked how I felt on my body and it was a nice tribute to my dad’s service in the army.” Harper responded as she shook her head and I nodded in understanding. ”I know Jake served in the army but I’m pretty sure I’d remember a soldier as big and tall as him at base.”

”He primarily served in the Middle East, and that would’ve been after you were born so it’s not surprising that they never met until you entered our lives.” I responded as I shook my head and Harper nodded as she got the idea. ”Have you given enlisting any further thought since his death?”

”Not really, I loved him as my dad and I respect that he was willing to go out and fight for our freedoms and all but I don’t think I could do it myself, at least as a wrestler I get to see the world with no fear of being shot or blown up.” Harper admitted as she shook her head and I nodded in understanding, Jake would be the first to tell you that military life is hard and isn’t for everyone after all. ”And I can go home whenever I want, can’t really do that as a military personal.”

”Technically you could, you’d just have to worry about being arrested for desertion.” I responded with a shrug and Harper grinned at my joke. ”Anyway, I think it’s time we went down for breakfast, take your pills now and we’ll be good to go.” I added and Harper nodded before taking her painkillers and following me downstairs.

Harper would leave the UK to compete for Empire Pro later that evening via Kayfabe Airlines, flying back in the morning to spend the rest of the week with us and prepare for her Kingdom Come match, only issue was changing her room but that wouldn’t take long.

As for the rest of the week? We’d have to wait and see.

Millar and Carter Wheathampsted, Whethampsted, England
Monday the 1st of May 2023, 18:00pm

Insert unoriginal NSync joke about it being the 1st of May here.

Anyway, much as I like London once Harper returned from the US we agreed that we needed a change of scenery, a break from the busy city life that is London and I knew that the county of Hertfordshire was an hour’s drive (give or take what with traffic and all) so we agreed to drive down there see the sights of the English countryside, which included stopping by a nearby branch of a high end Steakhouse chain in the village of Whethampsted , England.

Look, just to get this out of the way, yes there’s a Millar and Carter location in London, in fact it had been used by another Bombshell! Problem was? That Bombshell was Krystal and I didn’t want to risk running into her and starting a fist fight because she threatened to break Harper’s arm.

Admittedly she claimed that it was directed more at Keira due to the Hall of Famer’s timely return at the last Climax Control but honestly? I’m not sure what to believe with that woman anymore, I wouldn’t be surprised if she returned home to find Makayla had left her.

Then again, Makayla’s in the final month of her pregnancy, in a few weeks she’ll be giving birth to twins, I’m not sure if I’ll ever get pregnant even after hanging up the wrestling boots for the last time but if I were in here shoes? Divorce would be the last thing on my mind given that her water could break at any time.

Anyway, once we were seated and made ourselves comfy it didn’t take Harper long to look at the menu, and even with her haste she found the same problem we did! Namely, what to order.

”So many choices, so little time.” I muttered to myself as I looked over the menu, I momentarily glanced over at Jake who was relived to be sitting down because the restaurant’s low ceiling meant that his gigantic ass had to walk with his head down. ”Are we doing all three courses, appetizers and mains, mains and deserts or just mains? And yes Harp, I know what your answer will be.” I said as I glanced over at my teenaged cousin and Harper grinned sheepishly, we all knew her notorious sweet tooth by now.

“Eh, we’ve come all this way, we may as well go for all three.” Shane responded as he shrugged his shoulders and we all nodded in agreement before we looked at the menus, it took us a few moments to make our minds up as far as what we were going to order was concerned and Shane was the first to speak up. “I’m going for the Wild Scallops with Chorizo for the starter, the 30 Day aged Sirloin for my main and Sticky Toffee Pudding for my desert.”

”I’m gonna go with the Toffee Pudding as well, but my appetizer and main will be the sticky chipotle chicken and the Steakhouse Dirty Burger.” Harper decided after weighing her options before she turned to me. ”What about you Jess?”

”Oak Smoked Salmon for my starter, I’m going a bit of Surf and Turf by having my ribeye with the lobster tail and my desert will be the Classic Crème Brule.” I decided after going through the options and we all turned to the tallest guy at our table (and probably the whole restaurant) waiting for Jake to make his order. ”Any ideas yet Jake?” I asked my step-brother who nodded once he had made his mind up.

“Yeah, I’ve made my mind up, Baked Cheddar Mushrooms for my starter, the signature Cheese and Bacon Burger for my main and the ice cream and cookie for my desert.” Jake decided and we all put our menus down once it was confirmed that no one was going to change their minds, soon afterwards the waitress came to take our orders and a few minutes later Harper excused herself to go use the ladies room. “So, how has Harper been since Blaze of Glory XI?” Jake asked as he turned to me and I frowned.

”It was a huge blow for her and for obvious reasons, but she’s been on the mend since her wrestling career started.” I responded with a nod before I took a sip of my drink. ”The fact that she didn’t even hesitate to say yes to coming out here with us was a huge step, though I suspect the fact that she was booked for a London based fed called Kingdom Come Wrestling helped.”

“Either way, I’m glad to see her getting back to her old self.” Shane nodded in agreement before he checked his phone. “Still no sign of Kim Pain, you’d think she’d be a lot more hyped for this match considering she’s been waiting for it since Blaze of Glory XI.”

”I know I was when I earned my first title shot, but who knows what’s going through her head.” I responded with a shrug before sighing. ”Kim might be a bitch at times but she’s a consummate professional, I’ll be shocked if she stays quiet during the entire lead up to Into the Void.”

“You trained with her following Blaze of Glory, right?” Shane asked and I nodded in response thinking back to those three weeks me and Harper spent in Grand Junction training at Hell’s Gate. “That must’ve given you some insight to her as a wrestler.”

”Nothing more than simply watching her matches would’ve done to be honest.” I responded with a shrug before Harper returned to our table ready to eat. ”I will say that if you had told me that she was related to Mac before I started training with Kim, I would’ve had my doubts! But after those three weeks at Hell’s Gate? I would’ve believed it even without following them on Twitter.”

”I was there, can confirm!” Harper chimed in once she realized who we were talking about and I nodded with a grin on my face. ”Though considering Krystal was still using that gym to get her reps in before we left? I’ll be happy to not go there for a while.”

”Krystal hasn’t even brought up Hell’s Gate since she got kicked out of The Saviours, then again she’s one a few that can claim that’s spent the whole tour overseas, at least since the Barbados show.” I responded with a shrug and Harper nodded as she realized that I had a point, soon afterwards the waitress came over to take our orders and we just focussed on looking forward to our food.

And yes, it was worth the trip out.

Baldock High Street, Baldock, England
Tuesday the 2nd of May 2023, 11:00am

*promo time*

Come out, come out wherever you are.

”I had grander plans for my second promo, I was going to go back to Whitechapel and do the whole Jack the Ripper tour thing, maybe even cut my promo in one of the crime scenes, if your disappointed that I’m instead doing it in some random village called Baldock imagine how I feel knowing that Kim Pain was conspicuous in her absence last week!” I stated before turning the camera around to show the butcher shop and bakers across the street from me. ”For the record? Baldock seems like a nice enough place, that butcher shop is one of the best I’ve been too if not a bit pricey and Harper fell in love with that bakery! Then again considering her sweet tooth that shouldn’t be surprising but yeah, there’s my bit as the SCW Tour Guide finished!”

Major disappointment.

”As for why I’m here instead of London, oh don’t worry, I’ll be back there before you know it, me, Jake, Shane and Harper just felt like we needed a break from the city life and drove down to Hertfordshire to get a break from it!” I admitted as I turned the camera back around to face me. ”So Kim, what’s the matter? I thought you wanted this!” I stated as I held up the Bombshell Roulette Title. ”You fought like hell to earn this shot back at Blaze of Glory XI and you were even willing to put it off to focus on Blast from the Past thus allowing others to challenge in your place! Well, you can see how well that worked out for Crystal Caldwell and Luna Vanity!”

A good question.

”Again, I’m not holding the fact that you were eliminated during the Blast from the Past Tournament against you, Goth’s injury came as a shock to everyone and the bosses couldn’t have foreseen it, or maybe they could, the old bastard is one of the few wrestlers on the roster who’s been doing this longer than me, but I will hold this against you.” I added as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Did your ego get bruised so bad by your loss to Caldwell that your starting to doubt yourself Kim? Where’s the woman I trained with during those three weeks me and Harper spent at Hell’s Gate?!”

A shame.

”You went undefeated for a near two-month period, defeating old stalwarts of the division like Seleana Zdunich and Mercedes Vargas and newcomers like Dawn Warren and Cindy “still being scraped off a ring mat” Hasley but one official loss and you crumble like paper?!” I asked as I rolled my eyes. ”Too think, I wanted to face you from the moment you arrived in SCW but rather than give me a true fight for my first title defence in three years, your about as quiet as a mouse, didn’t take you for being as meek as one either Kim!”

Cat and mouse.

”Well, if we’re going by animal analogies? If you’re as quiet as a mouse then I’m the cat who’s caught her prey!” I stated as I folded my arms. ”Just how violent this game of cat and mouse will be will ultimately depend on the Roulette Wheel off course and we both know first-hand how violent Roulette Matches can get! I’ve got over a decade of experience in this division and I’ve seen some crazy stipulations over the past ten years, you haven’t been around in SCW nearly as long as me Kim but you were still involved in two of the most violent matches the division’s seen in a while, the Three Ring Circus and that Falls Count Anywhere, real question is though, how we can use that experience to our advantage?”

Clash of the veterans.

”If nothing else the match between me and Luna demonstrated how creative I can get with a stipulation, Kim? You demonstrated how brutal you can get in the two Roulette Rules Matches you competed in, considering that I’m the resident metalhead Bombshell in SCW? The fact that this match is basically boiling down to “brutality vs. creativity” is pretty amusing to me.” I commented with a slight chuckle to myself. ”Personally? I’ve always valued creativity in music over brutality, it’s one of the reasons why I can’t take the Chris Barnes era Cannibal Corpse albums seriously because he just comes off as a troll to me and no, not in the same way as Wank either! That at least gives some context as to why I decided to get creative to win this title a few weeks ago, you Kim? You got brutal, but I reckon my creativity will win me the day!”

It’s that simple.

”Kim? This was meant to be the Battle of London for the Roulette Title, two veteran Bombshells throwing everything but the kitchen sink at each other until one is declared the winner, but your silence is deafening!” I added as I rested the Roulette Title over my shoulder. ”I hope to god that my second challenger, whoever she is, gives me more of a fight than my first because it’s never a good sign when my challenger is silent, especially when she waited a whole damn cycle to get this title shot!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”And yet, even after this I bet the usual suspects will be out in force when the time comes for my second defence! “oh, Jessie was never any good, just look at her win/loss record” “oh, Jessie only got into the Hall of Fame out of pity” “oh, Jessie’s reign won’t make it past the fifty-day mark…….” For the love of god, fuck off and shut the fuck up with that bullshit!” I said as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”You try keeping any kind of momentum going in a division as fiercely competitive as the Bombshell Division! The Hall of Fame induction was earned over ten years of blood, sweat and tears and the reign? I look forward to shutting up the moronic naysayers! It just so happens that my first challenger has opted to keep her mouth shut and let me do the talking and when I strike Kim with Blood Lightning? I’ll hope that my second challenger proves to be a far more worthy opponent! I’ll see you in the ring or wherever the Roulette Wheel takes us Kim! I hope you at least speak up by then!”

I turned off the camera as the scene fades.