Author Topic: KAYLA RICHARDS (c) v LAURA PHOENIX - BOMBSHELL INTERNET TITLE  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
Post your roleplays here by deadline. Good luck and have fun!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Dreamkiller

• View Profile
    • Johanna Krieger
Re: KAYLA RICHARDS (c) v LAURA PHOENIX - BOMBSHELL INTERNET TITLE
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 08:13:31 PM »
Chapter 20: Ruined by time

Airports.

I hate them. I think it’s something I share with the general public. One of the very very few things I share. Every step toward the exit makes me feel better. Knowing I’d be away from all these people. Travelling, moving fast, stressed. We are all the aame. And I suppose, that’s why I hate it. Under stress you see peoples true faces. Mothers yell at children, fathers groan and threaten. Single people act as selfish as you’d expect. Stress and travel, the great erqual;iser that reduces us all to base animals of anger and frustration.

It causes the masks to slip.

But, for some reason I don’t change. I guess that says more about me than anything else.

The one thing that made me smile was that I was going to see Finn, he was always there, to pick me up from the airport. I refused to stay with the rest of SCW, refused to stay there and suffer in a stupid tent. So, I went home. I flew all the way back and I was excited to see him. Admittedly, my skin crawled thinking about Emily. The little blonde bitch. It almost washed away, feeling the cool spring air.

I loved this time in New York, it was a welcome reprieve between the icy roads and snow of winter and the steamy boiling hot summer sidewalk.

Moving out od the terminal I looked over seeing Finn, leaning against the hood of his car my heart slightly lifted. He was alone. The little blond twit was nowhere to be seen. He grabbed my bag, tossing it into the boot before we went off. We talked the entire way back about the show, my victory and what was next. But quickly the conversation turned more personal in nature. To my nagging injuries I worked through and my own feelings about it. The usual really.

But as we got home, the conversation turned to something else. Something I had done my best to ignore heading into this time of year.

”So, Tasmin and Dickie were talking to me last week.” I gave a small nod, popping a piece of chicken into my mouth as Finn sat back at the kitchen bench. ”Tasmin reminded me your birthday was coming up in May…..I came up with the idea of a Birthday bach, but Tasmin very quickly shot it down…” I swallowed and sat back, my shoulders slumped. ”It occurred to me that last year we didn’t celebrate and you didn’t even mention it…”

I knew where this was going. I sighed heavily and shook my head sitting forward. ”I don’t really celebrate it. I haven’t for a very very long time…last time I remember enjoying it was when I was when I was seven…”. There was silence. Finn gave a small nod and waited patient;y for more. A reason why. A story. I needed a minute.

”If you don’t want to tell me why, you don’t have to.”

I laughed to myself and groaned as I sat forward. ”The day before my eighth birthday, it’s when Jax left.” I clasped my hands together, remembering that day, everything from what I had for breakfast to the smell of the burning fuel coming from the trucks that drove out of the dept near our home. ”Since then, I just….I don’t like to celebrate it….”

Finn leaned forward and tapped his fingers on the marble countertop. He looked up and smirked, that boyish grin of his that drove more women wild, and did certain things to me that would be X-rated if I were to mention them. ”So, why don’t we change the feeling you get? You had a bad experience, I get it, I really do. But what if we threw a party here. Food, drinks, people you like….” He paused a moment. ”....tolerated…”

I chuckled and shook my head pushing from the counter to my feet. ”I don’t like parties as it is. And to be honest, getting another year older and closer to death isn’t really worth celebrating…”

”It’s not about that, it’s about celebrating the life you’ve lived and letting those around you appreciate you…”

He trailed off, I knew what he was doing, and it was sweet. ”Let’s be honest here, I don’t think many people would want to appreciate me. And I’m cool with it. I am. I keep people at arms length for a reason.

Finn got up, moving around the counter to come face to face with me. Or atleast face to chest. Finn towered over me, his six foot four frame standing strong as his hands reached out, grabbing me by the shoulders as he forced me to look at him. ”Can’t you stop being a gloomy bitch?” I scoffed, he continued. ”Your sisters would do it, they appreciate you. Kallie likes you-”

”Kallie likes everyone, she’s like a fucking puppy…” I interrupted, Finn frowned and narrowed his eyes.

”Thats not exactly true and besides…” He took a deep breath, his arms dropped. ”I appreciate you. And I kind of would liike to celebrate the day you were born….” He smiled slowly. I looked down and away as tbhe silence became deafening.

I looked up through my long black hair and sighed. ”The last time you and I were at a party together didn’t go so well…did it?” He looked at me with a little bit of confusion in his eyes. I shrugged and stepped back. ”No parties Finn…please?” I opened my eyes wide, pleading witbh him. He took a deep breath and gave me a securing nod.

”Fine, no parties…I promise…”

I swallowed and smiled, a wave of relief washing over me as Finns phone went off, he picked it up and looked at me, I gave him a smile and turned as he picked up. I moved out of the kitchen, walking through the small archway before something caught my eye. Emily. ”The hell were you doing?”

She tutted and shook her head moving passed me into the kitchen to see Finn ”Nothing, nothing at all…”

She smiled at me, the look in her eye made my stomach turn, I felt uneasy and I had no idea why. I watched them for a moment, Emilys hand coming to rest on Finns back as he hung up the phone, she looked over his shoulder, seeing me staring. She leaned up and gave him a kiss, I couldn’t hide my resentment, I let the mask slip and ground my teeth together before storming off. I was now in a worse mood…

An aging legend.

She takes in a sharp breath, inhaling as she looks around at the general public. Standing on the bank of the river themes as London Bridge sits ominously and proud in the background. The breeze bhits her face as she closes her eyes and takes in the air.

”Home…”

Kayla smiles, an English native she was back in her home country. She smiled and shook her bead before turning back to the camera.

”I grew up a two and a half hour drive away. You head on the M11 and head North and get to Norwich and there you are. But, I remember being a kid, I’d come into London with my older sister Amber, we would take the train and walk around before coming home late only to get yelled at for being out after dark. But nine years ago, at the age of 18 I left, I followed my dreams. But now, being back here, feeling that air and seeing all the people. Well…”

“It made me realize just how lucky I am to have gotten out of this shithole of a country…”

“Seriously. The weather, the food the lack of any real social decorum. It’s amazing to me how the Americans think we’re all so civilized and polite. But really, being in London makes me miss New York. However, I am being forced to be here. Forced to compete in my home country. Punished even. And why? Well, it’s simple, a few weeks ago I had my rematch for the Internet championship. And I have to be honest…I didn’t want it.”

“I didn’t want the rematch or the title.”

She pauses and slides her hands into the front pockets of her blackcraft hoodie.

”See, I wanted to move on, to leave the Internet title and division in my rear view and go on to bigger and better things. But there was a question hanging in the air. Would Melissa have been the champion if it wasn’t for that idiot Ariana Angelos. It was a question Melissa herself wanted answers for. aSee, if there is one thing about her I respect it’s that Melissa wants to know who the best is and wants to prove it’s her. She hated the unanswered question.”

“The “what if”, so we answered it. And unfortunately for her, the answer was, no. She wouldn’t have been the Internet champion if Ariana wasn’t there. So, my reign ended and I moved on, but now, here I am, back with the championship that I made mean something. And I am expected to do it again.”

“And I can already hear some of you. Wanting to ask, if I don’t want the title why don’t I simply hand it back?”

“Well, first off, that’s fucking stupid. And second, since most of you are dense I’ll spell it out for you. In my world, where I came from, and no I don’t mean England, you have to earn things. I’m not about to vacate the title and let someone swoop in and taker it without going through hell against me first. I worked gtoo long and too hard to make the title mean something for that to happen. Shit I took this title all the way to the main event of Climax control…”

She throws up her hands and scoffs.

”And if Laura Phoenix wants this, she damn sure better earn it. Cause honey, riding your name and legacy like you did Nick Madisons dick ain’t gonna cut it in SCW. See, for those who don’t know, for those of you living under a rock or still living in that world of “if it didn’t happen in SCW it doesn’t matter” crew, Laura Phoenix is a legend in the wrestling business. A former champion and a woman who has helped train some of the biggest stars in wrestling today. Including her daughter Bella.”

“She also has the respect, admiration and love of the Lukas sisters….”

“That alone should get all your attention. She is someone who had her fingerprints all over SCW before actually having a match here and joining for the blast from the past.”

“Hell, I had a match with Bella and I congratulated her for the effort, and trust me Laura, your darling daughter did you proud. But in the end she couldn’t beat me. So now it’s your turn. After washing out of the Blast from the past, and in the process costing Mac Bane a shot at redemption, you were able to win a match against Georgie Robertson and Seleana Zdunich to earn a match with me for the Internet title…”

“Congratulations…”

She takes her hands out of her pockets and folds them over her chest with a slow shake of her head.

”Don’t take this the wrong way Laura but, this is bullshit.”

“See, I lost my title, I didn’t even get pinned for it and the woman who got pinned in the triple threat match got handed a damn title shot at Roxi on a silver platter, meanwhile I’m here having to face you. A woman who only got this far because she beat some no name wannabe in Georgie and a washout choke artist wbho hasn’t been relevant in SCW since she stop slurping on Crystals clam…”

“Regardless of how I personally feel about it, you are in this match and you have a shot at my title. And make no mistake, this is MY title. I took it from being passed around like a bong at a house party and it being an afterthought to it mattering and being a real prize.”

“I already let one aging “;egend” past her use by date beat me for this once Laura. You really think I want that to happen again?”

“You think I will LET that happen again?”

“I can respect what you have done for the business and the impast you made, shit I will even go a step further and state the obvious for those in the back, you still have “it” That intangible quality that makes us all special. You still have that and the fire to compete and you can still do it at a high level. You proved it, the only problem is…that you can’t compete on my level. And it’s not an age thing, in your prime, forty, fifty years ago, you still couldn’t beat me or keep up with me.”

Kayla shrugs and laughs to herself before clearing her throat.

”Into the void, I will defend the Internet title. I will build it back up and I will keep it as long as I can and make damn sure whoever takes it from me will earn it. And you Laura, well, I question if you can or will earn it. As good as you are, as talented as you are and as much of an impact as you have made on wrestling…the truth is, the wrestling world has passed you by…and Kayla Richards is the present and future…”

Offline LauraPhoenix

• View Profile
Re: KAYLA RICHARDS (c) v LAURA PHOENIX - BOMBSHELL INTERNET TITLE
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 03:51:48 AM »
It Was Like You Wanted This
November 12th, 2022

Sunday’s inside the Madison household on off weeks were spent occasionally with Bella and Mal joining them.

Most of the time, it was spent with Laura and Bella laughing as Mal and Nick got into a heated discussion about American Football versus what the rest of the world called Football as they watched the Steelers, which was a staple during this time of year.

It had been a rather interesting week. Bella was coming fresh off her loss to Kayla and then as if she just couldn’t help herself. A couple nights ago, Laura checked in with the crew over at SCW as she had done on a regular basis, especially since Bella’s return and her ears perked.

”But, Bella Madison put it all on the line and did her family name and lineage proud. I’m sure her father and mother were watching from above, smiling at their little girl…”

”What do you mean Nick Madison and Laura Phoenix aren’t dead?....oh, wait, it’s just their careers that kicked the bucket…my bad.”

And this was POST Kayla’s victory over her daughter. It was like Kayla couldn’t help but scream out into the void, looking for a fight.

But she was retired.

That was no secret. There was nothing left for Laura Phoenix to prove and Laura Madison was content on being a mom to Aaron and Bella (when she needed her, which now-a-days it was more hand holding through her journey with her and Mal trying to conceive) and her actual position of General Manager.

So why in the hell did it eat at her like it was?

So when the weekend hit and she watched Kayla once again dominate, Laura watched. Closely. So much so, she didn’t even hear Bella enter into the room and watch over her shoulder.

One thing I will always give Kayla credit for, no matter how much success she has, she will always have that chip on her shoulder until someone knocks it off along with her head.

Laura practically jumped out of her seat, like she had been busted watching something she shouldn’t have, “Jesus, you scared the hell out of me.

Sorry, I thought you heard me call for you.” Bella said as she smirked at her mom, leaning over the back of the couch, “Didn’t know you were so interested in things going on in SCW.

Oh, I’m always watching out for new talent.” Laura said, turning the TV down. “So you were calling for me?

Yeah, the burgers are done and I think dad and Mal are about to go another round about the usual and I could really use a buffer before I beat them both senseless.” Bella laughed as she rubbed her forehead, “Aaron can only do so much in his cute department until they both get heated at one another and then even he feels annoyed by them.

Laura just rolls her eyes, “Those two will without a doubt disagree on a numerous amount of things and yet they choose the same damn topic almost every single week.

At least they talk now. Which honestly after 3 years and dad being unsure about Mal at first, I’ll take it.

Just then they hear the back french doors open and a little voice pop in, “Mooooooooooom, they do it again!

The frustration in little Aaron’s voice carried through to the living room as he stomped down the hall, “We’re in the den, bud!” Bella would call out for him. When he finally got there he would stomp over to the couch, crawl up and crossed his little arms over his body, “Daddy and Mal tickin’ you off, little bro?

They stupid!” Aaron says, throwing his hands up, “So stupid.

Well you know that they are really at it if they’ve accomplished making him mad.” Laura laughed, sweeping around and picking up Aaron, “I’m sorry bud, mommy got her attention pulled somewhere else and left you in the line of fire. It won’t happen again.

Laura tickles her son to get him to giggle and cheer him up. After a bit, she stops and Aaron gives her a sweet kiss on the cheek, “It’s otay, mommy. I forgive.

Oh, I’m so glad,” Laura says with a bright smile on her face, returning the kiss on his cheek.

What you watchin’?” Aaron said as he saw the TV on in the background, “Wrestling?

Uhh, yeah...a little bit.” Laura’s eyes grew big because while Nick had popped up now and again after Aaron had been born, she never gave thought to sliding back into the ring since she found out he was pregnant. She stood up, keeping Aaron in her arms and looked back at the TV with something different in her eyes that her son picked up on.

Aaron tilted his head, “
Are you goin’ back?

Umm, not sure, baby. Daddy and I have our hands full enough as it is.” Laura says as she turns and peaks over her shoulder at the TV, “But if I was going to, would you be okay with that?

HELL YEA!” Aaron let out as loud as can be, which caused Bella to absolutely lose it laughing. This confused the littlest Madison, “What? What I say?

Laura is trying to keep a straight face herself before she gives a quick glare to her oldest, “Nothing baby, just gotta have a little chat with daddy and Mal about a certain word that you shouldn’t use...yet.

Aaron looks confused for a moment before we hear the door swing open with almost a crash and Nick looking around in a panic, “AARON?!?!

Laura turns on her heels and decides to calm the situation immediately, “He’s in here!

Oh thank God!” Nick said, clutching his chest, walking into the den. He catches his breath as he looks at his son in his wife’s arms, “Bud, you shouldn’t walk away like that on me.

You gave us a hell of a scare, kid!” Mal said following behind him.

Well he got sick and tired of hearing you two cluck away about the football argument for the millionth time this season.” Bella jested at them, as she tucked herself by her husband’s side, “So he came in here to get away from it. Can’t say I blame him!

Laura smiles at the two who look super confused by it, “Yeah, guys...we love you to death but can you please find something else to discuss?

I will when he does.” Mal grumbled out.

Nick scoffed at this and turned and if looks could kill, “You called it an insult!

Mal pulls away and squares up with Nick and waves his arms wildly, “
It is when only 2 whole players on a team of 11 actually only make contact with the ball with their foot.

Bella and Laura just sigh in defeat, and Aaron pushes his way down from her arms and stomps over to them and standing between his dad and his brother-in-law screams at the top of his little lungs, “SHUT THE HELL UP!!! BOTH YA!!!

The two men’s eyes got big as they stared straight down at Aaron who threw his best hazel eye’d glare he could manage while Laura and Bella both lost their absolute shit with laughter, leaning against one another. After a bit Mal and Nick just look at one another and begin to laugh themselves, at the entire situation.

I- I can’t even be mad at him for that.” Nick said as he picked his boy up, “Someone has been listening to mommy a little too closely.

Oh don’t even try to pawn that off on me,” Laura said, pulling herself together with her hands on her hips giving her husband a playful glare, “He’s got your temper.

Oh we’re all completely fu-” Bella slaps Mal’s shoulder as he catches himself, “In trouble then. Come on ladies, dinner is all set and getting cold.

You all go on. I’m gonna turn off the TV real quick.” Laura says as she heads towards the couch that she was sitting on and reaching down to grab the remote. She looks over her shoulder for a brief moment before a scene unfolds in front of her and it causes her to smirk, “Well, who knows...maybe someday I’ll find a way back.”

Temptation is a hell of a drug.

It Was Meant To Be
Somewhere Over the Atlantic
April 24th

Things from Romania to Ireland were a bit on the tense side.

One thing Laura had always credited herself on, was being a support system for her family. Even with Mal’s disposition towards never ever wanting to be coddled, she would still try and be more than just his mother-in-law, she saw a chance to mentor him.

She could see it on his face, his recent losses ate away at him, feeling like he was letting his growing family down. Meanwhile, all Bella could do is tell him how much she loved him, being his support system. She was great at that.

But Laura had seen this once before with Nick. A support system can only go so far sometimes when you feel like your path is so rocky that it could break you, and you will snap and destroy what you can. She could only hope and pray that the two of them believed in each other enough, because she could feel it coming.

But as she looked up at the two of them, side by side as Bella checked in on the carrier that carried the new member of their crew, an adorable little void that she insisted on calling Salem, he watched as Mal carefully pulled her back, giving her a kiss on the forehead and she would simply lay her head on his shoulder.

All this could do was bring a smile to her face as she watched her daughter drift off to sleep with Mal moving her hair out of her face and reaching down to give her ever growing bump a quick touch.

He didn’t see it but Laura would shift her phone just enough to snap a picture of that shared moment. Hopefully something that they can look back on, with their journey with them and her granddaughter to be.

In the back of Laura’s mind, it never really dawned on her that she was really about to be a grandmother. Mind you, she had Bella at such a young age, that the two of them were more friends than mother and daughter.

Despite what some may think, she had only turned 40 last year, and all the cracks made by some about her age were like water off her back by this point.

“Mrs. Madison?”

Laura looked up from her seat at the flight attendant, “Hey, sorry...kinda in my own little world.

“That’s quite alright. If you don't want to disturb your daughter and son-in-law, the back area is open if you want to get work done or whatever.”

Oh thank you Mallory, I think I’ll take you up on that.” Laura said as she shifted her bag, “Could I perhaps get some water here in about 10 or so minutes?

“I just put some in our little cooler when we took off, should be cold by then.”

Thanks.

Laura would take one last glance at the couple before she picked up and moved to a different part of the plane and placed it quietly on the desk. She would sit in the office chair and happily slip off her shoes and throw her legs up and just stretch out for a moment before settling back down in the chair and just looking around.

You know, once upon a time, I too had a chip the size of the Grand Canyon on my shoulder. BOTH shoulders to be exact, I felt like the world was out to get me and I was hell bent, every moment of every day to make a whole lot of people absolutely miserable.

It had garnered me a fair amount of success back then. I had a couple of titles despite the amount of naysayers that constantly nipped at my heels, and I loved every single time they attempted to wipe my name off the map. Mind you, they came close several times. Beaten within an inch of my life, almost burnt alive but that chip led me to even bigger and brighter things. But it also led to a lot of heartbreak.

She looks back and grabs a picture of Nick, Bella and Aaron.

I gotta admit, there were a lot of times that I even was at the right moment at the right time but my track record stands and no one, not even the great “Dreamkiller” herself, can deny that. So in the grand scheme of things, why in the hell after 5 years did I decide to dust off my boots, throw on the always revealing spandex and put myself back into the line of fire? Simple, because I wanted to.

She shrugs, putting the picture down in front of her on the desk.

Yeah, I could have resigned my position in PWS and returned to the roster there but I felt the challenge was in SCW. That Blast From the Past opened up an avenue that put me on the fast track right to you. The very same woman that has been doing just about everything to get my attention since about September during your first reign with that Internet Championship. Now here we are and as if the fates adore me, I was victorious in Romania and we are going to slide into London for Into The Void with the longest game perhaps I have ever played.

Laura leans back in the chair and looks up in a contemplative thought.

The way I see it, all these cracks made about my age is just projection on your part. I’ve gone all this time and it looks like I never left. I left the game but the game never left me and honestly, I’m just at this point where I can kick back and let you run your mouth like we all know you are so capable of doing but you know damn well that my level is something that you aren’t quite capable of reaching. So beating me at Into the Void gets you what? A notch on the resume that you defeated a two-time Hall of Famer and retention of that Internet Title. But at the end of the day you will remain that same bitter bitch that is so damn insecure that she would project that whole madness onto someone who wants for nothing but still will do what it takes to knock that chip right the hell off that shoulder.

I have been going back and forth, time and time again about how I wanted to approach this whole damn thing and that sticks out to me the most. You are like me 10 years ago. You fucking hate the world and will do just about whatever to takes to let everyone know and drag them to hell with you. Well, babe, this ‘old lady’ has been around the block enough to know that all the horse shit attitude will only get you so far before someone....like me...comes around and shows you that you have only begun to learn. But I don’t intend on you learn the way I had to, like getting beaten to a pulp or burned alive...instead I’m going to bruise the fuck out of that ego and I’m going to take the SCW Internet Title home to my 4 year old to play with just to show you that sometimes Kayla, you have to grow the hell up and let go of that anger if you truly want the finer things in life.

She motions around but brings up a finger like she caught something in mid thought.

And yeah we may not even want the same thing but I had a choice. My path is my own and well finally getting that moment that you have been waiting for...is finally here. And I guess retirement that turned into semi-retirement turns into ride the fucking bitch until the break fall off because win, lose...or whatever...I’m not going to go away for as long as possible.

And don’t worry Kayla, I’m sure you can show this old bitch some new tricks, but there are times that even the classics are so much better than the remakes. Dreamkiller, meet your Nightmare, who is going to take that SCW Internet Title with a smile on her face.

She gives a saucy little wink with her left hazel eye before her phone goes off, she picks it up and looks at it and smiles as she runs her finger across the screen, answering the call.

Well if it’s not my two favorite boys in the whole wide world!

Mommy? When will you be home?

Soon baby, and when I get there we will have a big night of pizza and movies.” she smiles, “Daddy has the time and everything and then we will spend a whole amazing week before we go to London, okay?

We will pick you guys up from the airport soon.” we hear Nick say, “We love you!

Love you too, can’t wait to be home with you guys.

And with that the call ends and she looks softly at her phone.

It really is the finest thing in life.