Author Topic: "Strength In Perspective"  (Read 901 times)

Chelsea LeClair

"Strength In Perspective"
« on: February 24, 2023, 11:45:46 PM »
“Why do you do this?”

“What makes you think you’re capable?”

“How could a woman that looks just like you even last in professional wrestling?”

I heard these words plenty when I first got started. The questions and comments changed as I came along and as I fell into my drug addiction hole a few years back.

“Why are you even bothering with this still?”

“You’re never going to amount to anything. Why even try?”

“You’re always going to be in Andrea’s shadow. You’re an embarrassment to the sport.”

“You should just be a model or something…”

“You didn’t even want to be a wrestler to BE a wrestler! You just wanted to use it to break into television you vapid whore!”

And it’s true, I didn’t want to be a wrestler for the love of the sport. I wanted to be a wrestler because I have a best friend involved with it and I figured it would be my foot in the door to a television career. Goodness, I was shallow as hell. Do I even want to think back to that? Damn, this is going to be painful…

May 2012

Prom had passed the week prior. Graduation was drawing near. While Andrea has been a friend of mine for so long and especially through high school, I was otherwise a shallow teenager with no sense of direction. I was the prom queen and basically the most popular girl in school. Yes, I was THAT stereotype: complete with the groupies that were surrounding me at the lunch table after the final bell on the last day of high school.

“Oh thank GOD it’s over!” I exclaimed to the brunette, blonde and redhead near me.

“I KNOW!” the brunette said. “I’m SO glad that’s over! No more school! We can move on to bigger and better things!”

“Like COLLEGE?” the redhead asked. This sarcastic question had all of us laughing.

“We have WAY better things to do than that…” the blonde in my silly little “A group” added. “College is like, such a waste of time and money! So Chels, when are you going to Beverly Hills, huh?”

“As soon as my daddy gives me the money! DUH!” I said with a scoff. The teenage version of me was incredibly narcissistic and someone who didn’t want to work for anything. “So here’s how it’s gonna go down, okay? As soon as he gives me the money, I’m driving to Beverly Hills and I’m going to live it up there for a while and THEN I am going to start going to Hollywood and doing auditions and you know, I’m SO talented that I KNOW I’m going to nail my first one and become a STAR, BITCHES!”

“You mean you’re not going to be a wrestler like Andrea?” the redhead asked. I scoffed at this.

“Girl, you know she’s better off being your kitchen cleaner!” the blonde added, which actually ticked me off.

“Hey! Don’t say that!”

“Why do you even hang out with her at ALL?” the brunette asked. “She’s SO WEIRD!”

“She has her own dreams, as I have mine. I personally don’t find anything appealing about profession but to each their own. I don’t need to get my ass kicked to make money and make something of myself but if that’s what she wants to do… ANYWAY, yeah, that’s how it’s going to be! Watch! When they reboot some random sitcom from the 90’s in a few years, I’m going to be the STAR!”

“DUH!” the brunette adds. “You SO got this! Just make sure not to forget about us, okay?”

“Yeah! Please give us VIP tickets to every premiere you go to!” adds the redhead.

“And hook us up with like… these HOT rock stars too while you’re at it!” the blonde says.

“Girls, you know I TOTALLY have your backs! We’re all going to take over the world and we’re going to forget all about this STUPID Sedona place. UGH! I don’t know why my parents left Beverly Hills and brought me to this hellhole. It’s so full of poor people it’s SICKENING! But you know what? That’s fine! I’m getting the hell out of this dump and out of this trash, rattlesnake infested dung heap known as the state of Arizona anyway! UGH! I’m SO NOT going to miss this state…”

The rest of my “A Group” concurs with this while we get interrupted by a random geek.

“Hey… uh… Chelsea…. Since graduation is coming… would you mind giving me at least ONE kiss?”

SMACK!

“FUCK OFF LOSER!” I snapped, causing the creep to get away from me. We all had a hell of a laugh at his expense while we all discussed our goals, dreams and bright futures that we all thought we were entitled to. Thinking back to when I was 18, there were definitely moments that I wasn’t proud of. I’m definitely proud of how much I have grown and changed since then. Professional wrestling has really brought out the best of me, especially after I overcame my own addiction issues from before. The last few years have been an amazing ride, but I will be the first to reluctantly admit that 2022 was definitely a weird year for me. I had SCU and everything, but that shut down. I had uneventful tenures everywhere else and it felt like my career was starting to trickle in a downward trend.

Other than SCU and getting married to my husband, I wouldn’t call 2022 the greatest year ever for me. There was no greater example of how weird 2022 was when I went to my 10 year high school reunion…

Early May 2022

Being back in Sedona wasn’t anything new for me considering the times I’ve visited Andrea’s family with my childhood best friend over the years. But being back in a glitz and glamor setting that brought back memories of the shallow person that I used to be growing up, a setting that I would constantly thrive in during my teenage years, definitely took me out of my comfort zone. I did see some familiar faces walk into the reunion though I wasn’t really into the idea of listening to those old, basic bitch Katy Perry songs that used to dominate the radio during my high school years. I walked in being a ball of nerves for the most part. Some of the people that used to hate me largely said ‘hi’ to me, having forgiven me for how I treated them in the past. Grabbing a glass of water, I sat down and just soaked everything in.

“I used to be such a bitch in high school…” I thought to myself. “I can’t believe I was once so vapid and so shallow that I thought I was entitled to everything. Gosh, I treated so many people like they were beneath me and I acted like I ran the world. To relive all these memories just feels so surreal.”

I took a pause and even had a chuckle to myself.

“Huh… 10 years ago, I didn’t even know what the word ‘surreal’ meant…”

I sighed and tried to do everything I could to mentally distract myself from the awkward situation which included obsessively thinking about the GRIME World title match that I was due to have with Amy Santino at the then-upcoming Into the Void preshow. But, memory lane wasn’t going to let go of me.

“OH MY GOD…” I heard in the distance.

“It CAN’T BE…”

“CHELSEA SUMMERS?!??!”

There they were, my old “A Group”. My eyes widened with surprise, not because I wasn’t expecting to see them, but because the first thing I noticed was that they looked way different than I would’ve expected them to. I could tell that the brunette from the group had overdone it on the botox in the lips and it was so obvious that the blonde had gotten breast implants. The redhead meanwhile, not only had a nosejob, but she was also pregnant. It was almost as if I was looking at an image of myself if I had never been in wrestling at all.

“It’s LeClair now…” I said. “Well… in six months, it’s going to be Holliday basically…”

“Oh, you’re engaged?” asked the blonde.

“LeClair?”

“I went from my dad’s last name to my mom’s years ago. WOW though… you three… you all look… different…”

I paused, soaking in the sight in front of me.

“...what have you been up to anyway? What careers do you all have?”

“We don’t have careers…” the brunette explained. “We’re housewives. We got married to the right men and… you know how it is. We live the life. Our husbands take care of us. You though… HUH… I can’t believe you! What happened to being this BIG TV STAR?”

“Yeah, you clearly FLOPPED in that!” the redhead added.

“You ended up becoming… GASP… a professional WRESTLER?!??!?! What is wrong with you?”

The blonde sneered at me after she asked me that question.

“Times change, ladies.” I explained. “Ten years ago, I can’t say I was the smartest person in the room. Yes, I’m a professional wrestler. I followed Andrea into that and I’ve done very well for myself. I will admit that I initially wanted to be one just to use it as a gateway to television but everything went so bad with my wrestling career at first that my television dreams were shot straight to hell…”

“Oh I know all about that, Chelsea…” the redhead interjects. “My husband follows the sport. DIdn’t you like… spiral into drugs?”

“Yeah! Last I remember, you were in trouble because you were stalking someone else’s boyfriend!”

“Hayley Halsey before she became Hayley Halsey basically…” the redhead says with a laugh. “GOD, you’re such a LOSER now! You used to be so cool and then you just shit the bed on your entire life! In fact, from what my husband has been telling me, you’re not even having the greatest year so far. Are you sure that you’re changing your last name to Holliday and not Hernandez?”

I was feeling pretty terrible as they all laughed at me. I knew at that point that not only did these girls never grow up at all, but they were never really my friends. They saw the glum look at my face and all they did was continue to make fun of me: telling me how pathetic I was, saying that I had ruined my life, among other things. I didn’t have a word to say to them really though the urge to beat the hell out of every single one of them was definitely growing. A man walked in and stood behind the redhead. He saw me and his eyes lit up.

“So you weren’t lying…” he said to his wife. “You DID know Chelsea LeClair!”

“And you are…???”

“My bad. I forgot to introduce myself” he said as he extended his hand to me. “Jason Tolson. Entertainment entrepreneur. How’s your night so far?”

“Confused considering your wife is shitting on me for having a wrestling career and wondering why the hell you would even want to talk to me.”

“Ladies, if you don’t mind us…” the redhead said to the other two women who promptly left. “Chelsea, my husband actually wants to help you. We’re FRIENDS, right? I figured I would so something to help you get your life back on track.”

I merely rolled my eyes at this.

“Now, Chelsea, my wife tells me that you wanted to be a big television star 10 years ago. See, I got connections with some of the biggest names in Hollywood and everything. Despite the fact that you’ve wasted your life in professional wrestling over the last 7 years, you are DEFINITELY a pretty face.”

“Could use a little work around the eyes but that’s just me…” Jason’s wife added, causing me to roll my eyes.

“And why would you want to continue wasting that pretty face in a wrestling ring? Let’s talk turkey here. You redeemed yourself in the ring. You’re a two-time world champion. You’ve proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can make it in professional wrestling and you’re not too far away from 30. I can get you that television career that you always wanted, Chelsea…”

To some bizarre degree, he was speaking to my heart. Wrestling was definitely my primary love at this point, but all I could remember was being 8 years of age and wanting to be on the red carpet so bad. I was remembering all of those early years in Beverly Hills while “90210” was a thing and I was star struck seeing the likes of Jennie Garth and Jason Priestly on my television screen and wanting to be just like their characters even though I was maybe four or five when the show was in its final seasons. What Jason was telling me struck a huge chord with me and there was some regret in me that I failed at being a television star.

“...you don’t have to suffer any more bumps, bruises or broken bones. I know you have a match coming up against Amy Santino. World title match. Steel cage. That’s fun and all, but let’s be real. You’re going to lose!”

Hearing this angered me.

“Being in a cage with one of the toughest bitches of her generation is suicide… in more ways than just your career. So, why do you even want to bother with that?”

“Chelsea got fucked up plenty in high school by the goths actually…” Jason’s wife reminded me as she laughed.

“I’m shocked that you even lasted as long as you have in professional wrestling. In fact, I’m flabbergasted that someone that looks like you has even been a world champion: TWICE. But, I think we’ve made enough of the small talk here. Jason Tolson is about to make you a real famous star just like you always dreamed of being. So, I’m about to make you an offer you can’t refuse!”

Jason Tolson pauses as he reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a contract. I didn’t even want to touch it, but he basically shoved it into my stomach. I took a look at it and the first thing that stood out to me was the amount of money he was offering me: Six million dollars a YEAR! It was basically more than five to seven times my wrestling salary.

“With that, I’m buying out all of your wrestling contracts so that you can make a clean break from that nonsense and finally achieve her TRUE destiny in life! You know you want to do this, Chelsea. I’m offering you TWICE as much as I would EVER offer Crystal Hilton because in my book, you are worth FAR more than that melodramatic idiot!”

His wife handed me a pen as the rest of my former “A Group” came back.

“Make your dreams come true girl…” Jason added, pressuring me. “You and I both know you’re not beating Amy Santino anyway. You can’t. I mean SHIT, what have you even DONE in SCU anyway? Just sign the contract and end the embarrassment.”

“Yeah, I’m ending the embarrassment alright…” I said with a soft tone of voice. “...ending the embarrassment of a bunch of shallow, Peter Pan IDIOTS trying to control my life! Grow the hell up, ALL of you!”

I threw the pen back in Jason’s face and then I ripped the contract up, much to the shock of everyone in front of me.

“You were never my friends! You just hung onto me because I was the most popular girl in the whole school. The fact of the matter is, you three housewife hookers NEEDED ME to be RELEVANT at all! I’m going out and making a living doing something I love to do while all of you are leeching off of your husband’s LIMP COCKS and probably cheating on them too! In fact, I bet that baby YOU are carrying isn’t even Jason’s at all considering that during the high school days, you had quite the reputation for getting around! How DARE YOU all judge me because I decided to go a different path in my life! I may not have been the biggest success story coming out of our graduating class, or the richest bitch on the block, or any of those things. But the fact of the matter is that at least I am SUCCESSFUL… more successful than all of you three HO BAGS combined! At least I didn’t fuck with my face or get a boob job like all of you did!”

“Are you on drugs again?” Jason asked me. “Or did Amy Santino already knock you upside the head? Hey, don’t come crawling back to me when she beats your ass.”

“Oh SHUT UP! I’m SO beating her ass and winning my third world championship, you impotent buffoon! Get the fuck out of my face! You’re not even WORTH being in my sights. I can’t believe I used to stoop SO LOW to have ‘friends’ like you three!”

The “A Group” continued to laugh at me to try to bring me down.

“Whatever! You’re delusional about your life.” Jason’s wife said with a life.

“How can you even be HAPPY to be something as god awful as a professional wrestler?” the blonde asked.

“I think I’m going to watch a wrestling match just to watch you get your ass kicked…” the brunette added. “Hey, maybe someone just laced your drink with PCP because that’s the only way you could ever be ‘satisfied’ with being a wrestler.”

“You know who ELSE is happy to be something as ‘god awful’ as a professional wrestler?”

I was shocked, though happy, to hear Andrea’s voice come up from behind me. I was NOT expecting to see her at the reunion.

“OH LOOK CHELSEA! It’s your FIANCE!” the blonde said as they all laughed.

“Hey, she’d make a better fiance than you, you vapid whore!” Andrea snapped back.

“Bye bitches…” I said to all three of them. “Get out of my NATURAL face!”

“You don’t know what you’re doing, Chelsea LeClair…” Jason Tolson said to me. “”You just threw your dreams away. Enjoy getting wrecked in the cage by Amy Santino…”

The group in front of me finally left me alone at this point when they realized that they weren’t going to get me down. I still had some anger that was going through me at this point, but Andrea put a hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

“You know, I have to admire you Chelsea…”

I was caught by surprise, not by her comments, but by the fact that when I turned around, Andrea, who was days away from making her final on screen appearance in Sin City Wrestling (though neither of us knew this then), had tears in her eyes.

“I wish I had that fucking strength that you did to tell bitches like that to fuck off. I really wish I had that in me to stay true to my beliefs and to myself because you and I both know that in SCW, I haven’t been ever since my dad died. I’ve done nothing but let shallow bitches like that get the better of me and run me down for too long. The fact that they kept calling you a failure and all of that…”

“You heard the whole thing?”

Andrea nodded.

“That fucking idiot constantly telling you that Amy Santino is going to beat you and that you stand no chance against her… trying to define YOUR destiny the way I allowed certain bitches on that fucking roster to define mine… yet you kept believing and you didn’t fold for a fucking bit… I wish that was me, Chelsea!”

“It CAN be you! It SHOULD be you! Andrea, you are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for.”

“Nothing against SCU, but damn it Chelsea, you should’ve been in SCW this whole time. Maybe instead of me, honestly…”

“Andrea…”

“I’ve seen you grow from being someone that was blindingly stupid and shallow and who didn’t care about anything to someone who lives her life and fights her battles with a fucking purpose. You have everything that I had before my dad died. If you haven’t considered a career as a guidance or an addiction counselor when you’re done wrestling, you definitely should. Do you have any idea how much of an inspiration you have been, can be and truly are to other people? Including… me…”

I let out a sigh, trying to figure out what to make of this.

“You’ll understand it some day…”

“Is there anything I can do for you?” I asked, knowing that I was getting the sweetheart Andrea that I’ve known since the age of 9 on this night and not the insufferable, self-absorbed bitch that had been on SCW television for quite some time.

“Let’s just have fun for ourselves, okay? Right now, I just want you to keep me company and cheer me up just like you always have over the years.”

“Of course…”

“BUT… if this night goes public and anyone in SCW finds out about this, I WILL kick your ass because I can’t have people going ‘oh Andrea’s gone soft’. FUCK THAT!”

I sighed, reluctantly agreeing to this condition.

“Alright. But you don’t HAVE to act like the way you act over there…”

Andrea didn’t seem like she wanted to talk about it at all. Still, once all the tension died down, our high school reunion was actually a pretty good time. It was definitely nice getting to see the side of my childhood best friend that basically nobody in Sin City Wrestling ever saw. It was just as nice knowing that I was a strong person that had grown up SO much since high school and that because of my professional wrestling career, I realized that I could do ANYTHING I set my mind to.

I will be the first to admit that had it not been for my high school reunion experience, I would’ve never realized how much I’ve grown over the years going from that vapid, shallow prom queen who didn’t believe in hard work or dedication for anything. And without this realization? I would’ve never had the inspiration that I would need going into the cage match that I would fight Amy Santino in for the GRIME World Championship.

Anyone that says that Amy Santino isn’t a tough and intimidating competitor is full of shit, I will say that much. Because I will be the first to admit that in that cage, she definitely kicked my ass. And yet, it was my fighting spirit and refusing to be intimidated by her that helped me pull through and beat her for the GRIME World Championship, my THIRD World title of my career. As I continue on in my SCW journey, I know that the journey I’ve had over the years is definitely going to help me along the way against ANY obstacle or opponent that I’ll run into…

February 24, 2023

Finding myself in Reno for the coming Climax Control, I was definitely in Flashback Friday mode as I found myself with that very GRIME World Championship in my hands while I was sitting inside of a steel cage. I was playing that match with Amy in my mind again and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it was definitely one significant match that defined me not just as a professional wrestler, but also how strong I have grown as a person. I remember feeling a bit intimidated when I first stepped into the ring with Amy. But with Melissa? That intimidation wasn’t there. It almost felt like I was about to star in a sequel to such an amazing movie that was my third world title win last year. Only, there weren’t any titles at stake and it was so young into my Sin City Wrestling journey.

Intimidated?

More like INSPIRED!

That was definitely coming out of me as I expressed my thoughts…

“Alright, so a week later than initially planned, but here we go! If you expect me to start talking about Krystal Wolfe and what is to come down the road, you’re not going to get much of that if at all because my focus right now is Melissa and Melissa alone! In fact, I will even say that if I were facing Krystal this Sunday and Melissa at Blaze of Glory, I wouldn’t complain about that. That being said, Melissa? I AM treating this match with you as if it was a supershow match because that’s how damn good I know you can be. I know that I am stepping into the ring with someone that many in the Sin City Wrestling bombshells division would consider an intimidating presence especially when they are standing side by side with Goth and of course, I can’t speak enough about what HE’S accomplished in this company. You’ve knocked a few heads around in your short time here. You’ve even been the Sin City Wrestling Bombshells Roulette Champion. You’ve got all the tools in the world to be a major player here and that is something that I know I can respect even though we may not necessarily have the same viewpoints on things as far as professional wrestling goes. And yet, for as much potential as you have, and as much potential as you’ve shown, the word “potential” haunts you, doesn’t it? Because when you think of potential, that is also pressure placed upon you. You have to live up to it and if you don’t, it could send your whole world crashing down.

On paper, someone like you going up against someone like me? Gosh, you might as well book Tempest versus Candy and it might as well be almost the same thing. Except, the story is definitely different this time. Oh sure, you with all the potential and having a title shot coming up and everything compared to someone like me who is just getting started in Sin City Wrestling might as well be a cakewalk for you right? I’m just some former television wannabe that’s probably pretty enough to still have a shot at walking those red carpets. I shouldn’t be in the ring with someone like you, according to what MANY people may want to say. Here’s the deal though: while wrestlers lesser than me see their names on the card across from someone like you and would most likely just give up and let you beat them, that is NOT ME! I’m not just some pretty face you get to toss around to send a message to Ariana Angelos and Kayla Richards, you fucking got that? Because let me tell you one thing, Melissa. You’re supposed to be tough, you’re supposed to be scary, but you know what I see when I see YOU, particularly?

I see a woman that has all the potential in the world but from time to time, fucking wastes it!

Does that light a fire under your ass? It should! Because it’s the truth! When you became the SCW Bombshells Roulette Champion, that SHOULD’VE been the start of the title REALLY gaining some ground! I know that there are some particular Bombshells that think that the title is a joke but someone like you should’ve turned around that reputation! You definitely had it in you to have a truly dominant title run that would’ve really put you on the map. That was your moment, Melissa! And yet, you did WHAT with that? You wasted it! You’re the kind of person with so much potential that if you actually maximized it, you could be a champion for two years! Unfortunately, what happened to your title reign? Oh right, you weren’t a champion for two years, you were a world champion for two MONTHS! It’s not like you lost the title to someone at a high level or a Hall of Fame member or anything. You lost the title to Ariana fucking Angelos! This isn’t to say that Ariana is a bad wrestler or anything, but someone like you should be eating someone like Ariana for breakfast and you didn’t! But you know, I THINK I can give you a pass for that one. I mean, when you lost the title to Ariana, it WAS a triple threat match and it WASN’T you that got pinned. It happens. Multipeople matches can be quite fluky at times… see the recent Roulette title match that happened at Inception for example.

So naturally, you get your one on one rematch with Ariana. Between us girls? I had the television on that night expecting you to regain that title from Ariana and thus, rendering her title win as a mere blip on the radar. But then you LOSE to Ariana. I almost fell of my couch seeing that happen! Honestly, I’m not so sure you’ve been the same ever since. It’s like ever since Ariana beat you, you’ve been up and down. You’ve gone from being someone that is a wrecking ball knocking over everything in your path, striking fear into the hearts of your opponents to someone that, honestly, is slowly whittling down into ‘just another wrestler’ status and I HATE to say that Melissa, but if you REALLY think about it, I have every reason to believe that when Ariana took that Roulette Championship from you, she managed to take whatever mystique and aura you had with it. It’s ironic though, that you’ve stumbled into ‘just another wrestler’ status… because you basically called Jessie Salco a one dimensional wrestler going into High Stakes.

That one didn’t go well for you either, did it?”

I took a pause when I thought about the Chamber of Extreme match that Melissa had with Jessie Salco a few months ago. A huge part of me was definitely feeling disappointed in Melissa at this point because I, along with so many others, and along with Sin City Wrestling fans, felt like that was a match that Melissa should’ve won.

“I don’t understand how the fuck you lost to Jessie Salco inside of that Chamber of Extreme match. That match is literally an environment you would thrive in, especially against someone like her, especially since the previous Chamber match Jessie was in, she LOST and yet, you COULDN’T beat her? Losing the belt to Ariana and losing in a rematch to her is one thing, but JESSIE SALCO? How in the world did you lose to her? I know that you’ve since beaten her in a rematch, but Jessie Salco is NOT an opponent that should take you more than one try to beat one on one for the first time. You called her an average wrestler and an average Bombshell going to that match and you LOST! So in theory, wouldn’t that make YOU a ‘below average’ wrestler? I’m NOT going to go THAT far with you because I KNOW that you’re NOT a below average wrestler but at the same time, what I can say is that you’re little more than a TEASE right now, Melissa. You’re someone who should be BETTER than what she TRULY is right now but the reason why you’re not is because you completely LACK the ability to FINISH right now! You’ll get a win here and a win there and all seems to be going well for you, but in a pressure situation, when the chips are down, when you have to face a main event level opponent like a Roxi Johnson or a Masque De Lune, when you have to wrestle for a championship, the pressure seems to suffocate the shit out of you!

Wrestling is more than being just a physically imposing presence, Melissa! But I don’t think you’ve even grasped that concept yet. You recently faced Kayla Richards for the Bombshell Internet championship as another example and to be FAIR, Kayla is someone most would have a tougher time with than an Ariana or a Jessie, but the fact that you DREW with her is another example of the fact that you are a wrestler that lacks the ability to finish when it counts. Sure, you won the Roulette Championship last year, but remember what I said about how multi-wrestler matches can be fluky at times? Considering the type of match you won it in, yeah, that definitely IS fluke prone. Was that Roulette title win a sign of things to come for you? Or was THAT the fluke? I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself, Melissa. Because while you are someone that has every bit the potential to be another Amy Santino, someone who I DID defeat for my most recent World Championship by the way, the way you’re going at the moment? Your career path? You’ll be lucky if you could even be Amy’s doppleganger! Because let me tell you this about Amy. That bitch? She KNEW how to finish during her time in Sin City Underground. She didn’t give a shit about what anyone had to say about her. She knew who she was and she fucking owned it whether she won or lost.

You on the other hand? You give WAY too much of a shit about what your legacy in this business is going to be. I get that we all want to leave a positive impression at the end of the day, but when I listen to what you said going into your title match against Kayla, it appears that I have found the root of what the issue with your lack of consistency as of late is. You’re talking about how you don’t want to be remembered as a one hit wonder or a “could’ve been”. You’re talking about how you don’t want to go back to the Roulette division. You’re popping off about how you do not want to be remembered as someone that was stuck for years. You just finished your rookie year AND YOU’RE ALREADY WORRYING ABOUT YOUR PERCEPTION AROUND HERE! That to me, is a STRONG indicator of a weakness that cripples ANY wrestler and once crippled me in the past: the lack of self-belief in who they are and what they want to become in the future and it’s as clear as day to me, Melissa, that you are not fully believing in yourself or in your potential because if you DID believe in that, then you wouldn’t be worrying about these things. I get it. It comes with the territory, especially in a place like Sin City Wrestling in a cutthroat division like the Bombshells division tends to be and what eventually drove Andrea to put her mental health above her place on the roster here. But those are things that you are far too soon in your career to be worrying about.

Hell, if I were a betting woman, I’d say that you’re worrying about what your two opponents are going to say about you going into Blaze of Glory if you happen to lose to me this Sunday. You’ve ADMITTED that you’ve had moments of doubt before and whose to say that if I beat you, you’re not going to have them. Your Achilles heel is between the ears! You’re clearly anchoring yourself at this point in your career and this Sunday, I AM going to exploit that. You might be stronger than me physically, but psychologically? Yeah, I know that I’M stronger there because I don’t have those self-doubts anymore! I know who I am! I OWN who I am! I know what I want to be in this business! I know what my goals are and how I plan on realizing them. I don’t step into a ring with anyone wondering ‘what if I lose?’ I don’t go into the ring wondering what someone else thinks of me because the truth of the matter is, I could care less. I’m always going to fight for what I believe in no matter what the odds might be. That’s what won me this GRIME Championship inside a cage like this against Amy, that’s what is going to push me to beating you on Sunday and when the time comes, that’s what is going to push me to being a champion in Sin City Wrestling a hell of a lot sooner than people might think. I didn’t become a three time world champion in my own right by drowning myself in the thoughts of others the way you seem to do.

In fact, it’s this self-drowning that you do that reduces what is supposed to be GODZILLA in theory to the fucking gecko from the Geico commercials in practice. You are currently the ‘monster under the bed’ that doesn’t actually exist and as a result of KNOWING that you’re not the intimidating presence you SHOULD be and seeing the likes of Ariana and Jessie beat you in the past, I KNOW that you could NEVER intimidate me with any empty threats that you may spew as you have with your past opponents. I know that I can go into this match knowing that while you are going to be a tougher opponent than Seleana Zdunich, I can and WILL still beat you otherwise and that’s NOT counting the fact that when it comes to fears and such, I’ve already overcome the worst, darkest, most fucked up obstacles I will ever overcome in my life. I was once on a path to self-destruction, Melissa, and that experience for me was jarring in every way to the point where I was basically scared straight and decided to pull myself out of that hole. So whatever you have in mind for me whether it’s empty threats or whether it’s anything you do to me physically? I know I am strong enough to overcome it, to beat you and hell why the fuck not, put myself in that SCW Bombshells Internet Championship conversation in my own right! Because ultimately at the end of the day, if I am able to defeat a Sin City Wrestling Hall of Fame member to win a world championship?

I KNOW that I can, and WILL beat you too! I’m more than just a pretty face that you get to use as a message bitch to try and intimidate someone else. If you dare, feel free to see me that way. I promise you though, that if you see me that way and you want to use me just to take some aggression out on me, it’s NOT going to end well for you. You ARE going to be a tough challenge at the end of the day, Melissa… potential and all! But on Sunday? You’re a challenge that I WILL overcome as I continue my journey and solidify myself as a true contender in Sin City Wrestling!”

At this point, I decided that I had said all that I needed to say and shut the camera off. I glanced at the GRIME World Championship and further reflected on what it took to attain it. I knew that it was only a small piece of puzzle, but this strength in perspective that I got from my journey in Sin City Underground  definitely gave me a blueprint, and a preview, for what it’s going to take to attain similar success in Sin City Wrestling in the near future.