Author Topic: Utan Dig  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Utan Dig
« on: September 29, 2023, 06:02:17 PM »
Off-Camera

Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Zdunich Residence
Hollywood Hills
Los Angeles, California
9:22 AM  PDT

This was the day that had always been dreaded. Ever since the revelations in 2020 had led to the formation of the SRT and Seleana, Christina and Alexandra as a romantic unit, there had been a constant worry that it couldn’t last propagated by repeated mistakes being made and the history of those mistakes. Christina had left once already, as had Alexandra and both had returned relatively quickly.

But the seed was not only planted, it was taking root.

Now the day had arrived, Alexandra “Diamond” Caldwell had packed up her stuff and taken her leave. Seleana Zdunich sits on her bed and shakes her head in shock, sadness and a million other feelings all at once.

This is not how this was supposed to go.

What made it all the more shocking was how undramatic it was. There was no screaming row or yelling fight. There was almost nothing at all that would seemingly explain a break-up aside from Alexandra breaking the news that she was leaving and not coming back. There had then been a discussion with twelve-year-old Aurora with Alexandra going out of her way to assure Aurora that this was not her fault and that their relationship would not be ending with this move.

Now an hour later, Seleana sits on the bed she shares with her wife, silence falling all around the room as she sits there staring at the window in disbelief.

Alexandra… was gone.

Christina had gone downstairs almost immediately while Aurora had been led to her bedroom by Selena’s cousin, Freja Lindström, and Freja’s girlfriend, Lucy Osman. Left alone in her room, Seleana can only sit there, waiting for the next shoe to drop. Suddenly, the silence is shattered by a small voice from the doorway.

Aurora Zdunich: Mommy?   

Seleana turns her attention to her daughter and smiles for her.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja?

Aurora’s face shows a child suddenly feeling her world coming down and coming apart all on top of her all at once.

Aurora Zdunich: Is Mommy Christina gonna leave too?

Selena stands and walks over to the twelve-year-old, kneeling down to lower herself to Aurora’s  eye level.

Seleana Zdunich: No, Älskling, no one else is leaving.

Aurora looks down, seemingly ashamed to even be worried about things.

Aurora Zdunich: I…

Selena exhales heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: Älskling, it is alright, ja?

Aurora starts to nod but slowly changes to shaking her head as tears start rolling down her face.

Aurora Zdunich: Why doesn’t she want me anymore?

Seleana takes Aurora into her arms as the girl starts sobbing inconsolably, looking much smaller and younger than her twelve years. Seleana hugs her daughter, speaking slowly, low and in a soothing tone.

Seleana Zdunich: This is not your fault. Mommy Alex is having a go at finding herself. She is not abandoning us and definitely not abandoning you. We love you and we are not giving you up.

Aurora lifts her head up, looking her mother in the eye, years still streaming down.

Aurora Zdunich: Is this gonna make Mommy Christina drink more?

Seleana looks the girl in the eye again.

Seleana Zdunich: I cannot make that promise. Mommy Christina is a recovering addict, like Moster Zenna and Moster Linnéa. They cannot make promises about that.

Aurora Zdunich: Is she going to leave too?

Seleana kisses the small girl’s forehead.

Seleana Zdunich: She does not intend to. Neither do I.

Aurora’s bottom jaw vibrates as she looks at her mother in desperation.

Aurora Zdunich: Is she drinking bad now?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know. I hope she does not but I cannot say what he will do.

Pausing, Seleana smiles again for her daughter. 

Seleana Zdunich: I have a match in San Francisco on Sunday against Georgia Robertson. You would like to come with me?

Aurora’s eyes go wide.

Aurora Zdunich: You mean it?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, Freja will as well. Lucy will return to Las Vegas and we could return there as well after the match. Freja will wish to see how her Lucy’s new job goes, ja?

Aurora nods slowly and Seleana embraces her again.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar dig älskling.

Aurora hugs her mother.

Aurora Zdunich: I love you too, Mommy!

Aurora hurries off and Seleana remains on her knees in the hallway just outside her bedroom.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar dig älskling…

Tears start to fill the Swedish woman’s eyes.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag saknar dig redan, Alexandra.

She slowly stands up and goes back into the bedroom, sitting down on the bed, singing quietly to herself. 

Seleana Zdunich: Jag kan inte leva om livet är utan dig.
Jag kan inte leva, jag kan inte ge mer
Jag kan inte leva, om livet är utan dig
Jag kan inte leva, jag kan inte ge längre