Author Topic: MAX BURKE VS STEVE RAMONE  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
MAX BURKE VS STEVE RAMONE
« on: September 29, 2013, 09:56:29 PM »
 Post your roleplays here! Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 08:20:56 AM »
 The first RP period is over. All posts following this will be for RP period two.

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Steve Ramone

• This message has been paid for and delivered by the champ the fa
    • View Profile
    • Steve Ramone
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 09:12:07 PM »
 When Steve faced off against Max Burke for the Roulette Championship several weeks ago he lost after a close match that almost saw a repeat of his SCW debut match against Casey Williams where Max went for his finisher only to get hit with the Fearless Shot and nearly got hit with the What Fear finisher to boot, does this mean that Steve’s done with Max?

Not by a longshot.

High Stakes III has arrived and Steve was competing in his SCW PPV debut match against Max Burke in a return match with the Roulette Title on the line, Steve was thrown off guard by the last match being a Kendo Stick match and that ultimately cost him the match, can he win his first title since the GWA closed?

Steve’s hotel room, Trinidad
October 9th, 2013, 11:00am

Sun, see and ass kicking, yet another day on SCW’s Caribbean Tour!

Yeah, I know that High Stakes III will be the last stop on this tour and after that SCW will be returning to the states for the rest of the year, but not before the yearly awards are given out off course, and yes, I am getting GWA flashbacks right now.

My opponent at High Stakes III is no stranger to me, Max Burke, the man who handed me my first loss in an SCW ring after an intense Roulette Championship match against him a few weeks back and now I’m back to doing what I do best, challenging for titles and hopefully winning them.

And by hopefully I mean I will win this title!

So, where was I last week? Like Cyrus I was busy sorting myself a house in Las Vegas for when we aren’t touring with SCW and we couldn’t get a cameracrew to accompany us to Vegas so we compromised and decided to move my first promo for the match to this week and well, this week has arrived and I’m ready to promo against Max.

“This is the worst Death Metal music video that I’ve seen in my life.” I commented as I watched the video on YouTube, the video in question was “The Awakener” by Kataklysym also known as the only music video they produced from the Sylvain Honde era and it hasn’t aged well, people call Immortal’s “Call of the Wintermoon”  the most unintentionally hilarious music video of all time? No, this video beats it, why?

This video actually has decent production values when you consider that it was made in the 90s.

“Come on Steve it can’t be that bad!” Charlotte, who hasn’t watched the video yet, said as she walked up to me, then the vocals started. “What the fuck?”

“Yeah, pretty much.” I responded as we watched the madness unfold before us. “It’s like they took a pretentious art film that a film student friend of theirs made and added Death Metal to it!”

“Wasn’t the Kataklysym guys’ college aged when they made this?” Charlotte asked and I shrugged, I only got into the band thanks to Jessie giving me some of their albums so I really don’t know. “Anyway, what the hell is he singing?”

“Something about sixes, nines, betrayal, some chick coming out from the desert sand, the cookie monster getting possessed by the devil, your guess is as good as mine.” I responded getting a laugh out of Charlotte. “Wait, why is that girl rolling down the hill after doing that interpretive dance?”

“And why did it knock her unconscious?” Charlotte asked as we watched the final moments of the video in stunned silence, it’s getting so weird that not even Oancitizen of Brows Held High could understand the symbolism here. “Did….did Sylvain direct this video? It’s almost as weird as his lyrics.”

“I don’t know and I don’t care, I’m afraid that my brain might fry if I tried to decipher this music video.” Charlotte responded as she shook her head. “Anyway, let’s talk about something normal, like your match against Max Burke!”

“The one I lost or the one I’m having on Sunday?” I asked and Charlotte nodded at the last one. “I won’t make the same mistake twice and since it’s pretty much bound to be a different stip this time around I think I can win this one.”

“I know you can, Max may have Cyrus and Mark Ward backing him up but you’ve overcome the odds before and you’ll do it again.” Charlotte responded before going to leave the room. “I’m off to check on Sophie, will you be okay for a few minutes?”

“I will babe, this will give me a chance to do a promo anyway.” I responded and Charlotte nodded before leaving the room, now that I was alone I closed the laptop lid and I started my promo. “They say that you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, I’m here to tell you why that’s bullshit! For starters it doesn’t matter how old a dog gets, they love to learn things, and second I’m not that old and I have another chance at the Roulette Championship this Sunday!”

And trust me, I want that title!

“Max, all I’m going to say is, you got lucky, if I hadn’t kicked you so near a kendo stick and if I had kicked you with the usual force I’d be the Roulette Champion by now but we both know that that isn’t the case! This won’t be a mistake that I’ll be repeating this Sunday night at High Stakes III because I know what I can expect from you in the ring and I know how to beat you!”

And that’s not taking into account any interference from Drake Green!

“I know you’ve had your troubles with Drake Green recently and I don’t care if he interferes in the match, I may be a good guy but I have always believed in the “bad guys get all the prizes and the girls” philosophy that I’ve pretty much just made up on the spot but I can’t think of a better way to describe my attitude in the ring! Max, no matter what happens I won’t be leaving Trinidad without a title around my waist!”

It’s as simple as that.

“Let me tell you a story Max, anyone who’s followed my career over the years knows that I got my first big break in the GWA but since that fed closed I haven’t held a single title, granted retiring a couple of times didn’t help but you get my point! I’m a six year veteran and I’m hungrier for gold than most of the wrestlers on this roster and come this Sunday I’ll have gold to call my own!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Max, you got lucky the first time and whilst lightning does occasionally strike twice in the wrestling business it won’t this week! I’ll win this match no matter what the stipulation will be and you will have this to remember Max, there’s nothing to fear but fear itself, and there’s no one to fear but “The Fearless One” and the next Roulette Champion Steve Ramone!”

I left the room to spend time with my daughter as the scene fades.
user posted image

Offline Max Burke

• GRIME World Nightmare Champion
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 10:51:25 PM »

\'user

[The location is unknown. Darkness. Rain. One thing is for sure. We’re not in Trinidad. Max Burke, Pro Wrestling’s Pedigree steps out from the shadows. The rain is coming down hard, but the current, reigning, and defending Roulette Champion doesn’t appear to be affected in the least. The camera comes into focus with a sweeping motion to show the half shielded face of Max Burke under his hood. The initial picture of Max Burke reveals that his forehead is bandaged. This is the remnants of Drake Green dropping his face first on to the Roulette Championship weeks ago during the first match with Steve Ramone. The camera zooms in tight to a closeup of Max. The image can only be described as chilling. Max’s face is void of expression. Max is intensely focused as he begins to speak.]

Max Burke: My professional life lately is like the cult classic movie, “Groundhog Day” starring Bill Murray. It seems that I wake up and go through the same motions, day after day... night after night.

[Rain drops cascade from the edge of his hood. The image is ominous, and adds to the overall focus that is dripping figuratively from Pro Wrestling’s Pedigree. Max continues...]

Max Burke: It started with Kain. Over and over, I walked away with my hand raised. Victory after victory, Kain just wouldn’t let it go. He was a sucker for punishment. No matter how many times I beat him, he’d weasel his way into another match... to simply stare at the lights at the end of the night. He eventually took the hint, after months of torment and failure. He has moved on to Goth, and I must say that I am rooting for the former Sin City Wrestling Heavyweight Champion to finish what I have been able to accomplish over the past year. Kain’s reality check continues at High Stakes III, and I couldn’t be more delighted.

[Max tilts his head back, and lets the rain pour over his face with a smile. He pulls his hood off, and shakes out his hair. He rubs his hands over his face, and through his matted hair.]

Max Burke: And now, it seems like we could be at the start of the song that never ends with “The Fearless One” Steve Ramone. What are they thinking? More importantly, what is HE thinking? You’d think the lump I left on his skull would have dissuaded him from taking this match. Why are you even getting this rematch?

[Max’s expressionless face turns to a look of disgust and arrogance. He takes a few steps back, and leans up against the brick. Max lifts his right hand to his chin, and cracks his neck from side to side. A smirk slowly creeps across his face.]

Max Burke: Obviously, he has his golden beer goggles on in hopes of reliving past GWA glories. I hate to break it to you. How many times do I have to tell you, we don’t give two shits about what you did in GWA. This is SCW, Sin City Wrestling. This is the present. This is 2013, the year of Max Burke. Since I have decided to break free from the Party Horde, the Burke family legacy has been a breath of fresh air in Sin City Wrestling. Like it or not, Max Burke is the best thing to happen to Sin City Wrestling. Ask the boss... he’ll tell ya.

[Max unzips his leather jacket to reveal the Roulette Championship firmly, and proudly strapped around his waist.]

Max Burke:  I have brought prestige, and respect back to this Roulette Championship. This title finally has meaning since I freed it from the tyrannical grasp of the King of Excuses. The Roulette Championship is Max Burke’s title. Steve Ramone, do you have it what takes to take this championship from me? In a word... no. No, you do don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of taking this title from me. The day this championship changes hands is the day that Max Burke decides to relinquish this championship after I walk over every single challenger that steps forward on my way to the Sin City Wrestling Heavyweight Championship. Ramone, you’re just another notch on the belt. You have a spot right next to Kain, my friend. You’ve got skills. You’ve got accolades. No one can deny what you’ve done in your career. Unfortunately for you... my nickname isn’t just something I came up with like so many of the boys do these days. No, it’s a fact of life. I am Pro Wrestling’s Pedigree, and I’ve proven it time and time again. I’m a student of this game, but unlike so many others my mentors are blood. They are the bloodline of this business. The Burkes are pro wrestling. I have been getting my ass whooped since I was a child as my family put me through the proverbial school of hard knocks to teach me the ins and outs of this business. I have been beaten. I have been bloodied. I have been broken. But, I have never backed down. I have never given up. I persevere. I push through. I soak up everything like a sponge. I pick myself up, and take the beatings like a real man. These are the reasons why I wear this Roulette Championship. No one... and I mean no one has an inkling of the trials and tribulations that I have gone through to get to this point in my career. Am I an asshole? Yep! Am I cocky? Yep! Do I have the credentials to back up everything I say and do? You’re damn right I do. I don’t care what anyone else with a Sin City Wrestling contract has to say. I am the present, and future of this industry. Ramone, you cannot beat me on your best day, on my worst. You are not taking this title away Sunday, or any night for that matter. I’ve beat you once. I’ll do it again... and again... and again. Face your reality “Fearless One”... the fearless fear Burke. I proved it last time. I’ll prove it again. Sunday night... you stare at the lights from the mat again Ramone. When you look up, you’ll see Pro Wrestling’s Pedigree standing over you with my title held high in the air. I was born to wrestle, and bred to win. You are destined to fail. See you Sunday.