Author Topic: This is our Gettysburg  (Read 14 times)

Offline Nakita Niles

• View Profile
This is our Gettysburg
« on: May 20, 2024, 10:47:10 PM »

SCENE ONE - OFF SCREEN

Pride? Pride is something that someone has or used to have before they changed who they are. Nakita is someone who understands that better than anyone. She changed who she once was because she thought it would be better for her, but she went back to her old ways and realized that being who you are is a lot better than being something you’re not. She lost her first match in SCW because of Interference by Bae. Course, in return, she was able to cost her the match. Now her destiny is stamped at Into the Void against Bae in a hardcore match. Which suits Nakita fine because she can get as hardcore as anyone. But before she gets her hands on Bae, she has to step in the ring with Victoria Lyons. The sister of Eddie Lyons.

Nakita doesn’t a lot about Victoria, but Chris knows about her and her family. He knows everything because he was in WWH with both of them. Nakita is sitting on the porch of her apartment. The sky is night as her eyes look at the distance and see the city. She’s wearing a white nightshirt and pajama pants. She turns around and grabs her phone to call up Chris. After three rings, he picks up and answers.

“Hello?”

“Hey Chris. I need some information. I was hoping that you could help me.”

”Sure I can. What do you need?”

She took a moment to breathe as she knew the history that he had in WWH. She didn’t want to bring it up, but she knew that she had no choice at this point.

“Well…” As she finally asks for his help against her. “I need information on Victoria Lyons.” 

“Victoria Lyons? Wow! That’s a name that I haven’t heard in a very long time. I wasn’t sure what she was doing after WWH. I know she used to be this good girl there and made a quick impact. Of course, she never won a championship there. I know Vincent did make quite the impact.”

“What else can you tell me about her?” 

Chris started to think about the question. But he wasn’t sure what he could say because Chris knew that she was silent for a bit.

“I don’t know much other than what I told you, Nakita. Victoria went kind of nuts after everything that has happened to be honest. Everyone has a history and I’m sure you’re going to find more information. You just have to keep on looking.”

Hard to find information about her because nothing seems to pop up about her.” 

“Hmmm….I know if you want to get to Victoria, you have to play her games. Sometimes playing their game can make you unstoppable. I have heard through the grapevines that she sometimes talks to herself. But I can’t tell if that’s true or not, Nakita. Do to her what you did to Miss Manners and you’re sure to succeed. I know you enough, Nakita. I know you always rise to the occasion and win.”

Nakita closed her eyes as she tried to think about everything that Chris was telling her. It’s hard to be something that she’s not because she’s been on a journey to find herself again. There is no doubt that Nakita has some doubts about herself, but those doubts don't outweigh the confidence that she has about herself. She opened her eyes and spoke to Chris again.

“I will rise, Chris. I will overcome everything just as I’ve done all my life. So, this will be no different.” 

“Exactly what I was thinking. Just do what you do and prove that you’re as good as you say you are, Nakita. Besides, there is nobody that I believe in more than you. You have everything it takes to be a top-tier talent. You just have to go out there and show it to everyone. Remember, you’re a marine and a marine doesn’t stop fighting until the last bullet stops. Victoria will try to get under your skin but don’t fall for it. I want you to give her as much hell as you can.”

“Thank you, Chris. Listen. I need to start thinking more about this match, alright. I’ll call you tomorrow.” 

“Sounds good.”

Nakita hangs up the phone and places it on the table. She leans forward a bit and knows that she has to think about Victoria and what she has to do to win. She also knows that she’s going to have to think about Bae. It seems like everything is coming at her all at once. She takes a moment to breathe again and tries to remain calm about this match. It won’t be easy, but she knows that she has to fight. It’s her responsibility to be the best that she can be.

“I’m going to have to be ready for anything. I’m an American soldier and I need to stand up for what’s right.”

She leans against the railing again while looking at the city. She knows there are bad people out there, but she has to remain one of the good ones if she wants to change everything. There’s always a war of Nakita and she has to rise once again if she wants to prove something to herself and everyone that’s watching. But to do that, she has to beat Victoria and stand tall. But she knows that’s going to be easier said than done.  She leans back again and heads into her apartment and closes the sliding window door. She shuts off the light to get her rest.

SCENE TWO - ON SCREEN
“Soldiers?”

These Are the words spoken by Nakita through a black screen. The screen comes up and Nakita is seen sitting down on a chair in a mess hall at a Marine base. She was the only one sitting there with nobody else. She’s wearing a black marine shirt, black camo pants, and black combat boots. She has a SOG combat knife in her hair and is messing with her nails a bit. She looks at the camera in front of her and gives off a smile.

“Soldiers are fighters that make sure that people like Victoria Lyons stay safe against attacks from other countries. But I’m a soldier in and out of the ring. In that ring, I fight against those who try to cause harm or start something that they don’t want to be a part of. But you joined SCW, Victoria and they put me against you. I have to say that things about you are very interesting, to say the least.”

“Your brother, Vincent, was in WWH. He was a two-time affliction champion and tag team champion. But as I went to find the lists on the federation, you were never a champion. But that doesn’t take away what you’ve done so far, Victoria. But I can promise you that I’m going to fight with everything that I have against you. But it’s not because I want to, because I have to.”

She lays her SOG combat knife on the table before leaning forward a bit. Her eyes didn't go away from the lens as she continued to speak to it.

“I have to because I know that I have to fight with everything that I have if I want to prove to everyone that I’m as good as I say I am. I stepped in the ring with some of the best. I won some and I lost some. But no matter what happened, I kept my head high and nobody was able to break my spirit. Be it in the ring or outside the ring.”

“But you want to know something, Victoria? I’m going to fight you with all my heart. I don’t know the meaning of the word quit and you better believe that I won’t quit against you. You may think you’re going to be running through this division, but I can promise you that you won’t. I get it, you’re a PWE Victory Champion and a Wrestling Coalition Wretched Emblem Holder. I could tell you about all the titles I held, but that would outmatch you ten to one.”

“But even with all the accomplishments, I’m not going to overlook you, Victoria. Because when you overlook an opponent, you already failed, and I don’t plan on failing any time soon. Victoria, I’m not here to make friends or fight with my cousins. No, I’m here to fight in that ring and fight for what’s right for the fans of SCW. Those fans? They hate you. They can’t stand you because they know that you betrayed them. When you were in WWH, the fans loved you. They loved cheering your name and giving you your dues. What happened to you?”

“I know what happened to you, Victoria. You went down a dark path. I know what that’s like. I know you think you know what you’re doing, but this isn’t the way.”
She shakes her head slowly. “I could sit here and try to make things right for you, but you’re long gone from who you were. You’re long gone from being this cheerful woman that you once were and turned into something you're not.”

She stands up from the chair and slides in under the table. She walked towards the camera as she crossed her arms over her chest. She stopped as there was a commotion going on outside. But Nakita paid no mind as she knew that this promo was important at that moment.

“You want to know what I learned? I learned that no matter what struggles you’re going through, you keep up and remember why you started this journey. I know that feeling as it was something I went through when I joined the Marines when I was younger. People tell me that I would never make it, but I did. I made it because I believed in myself. When nobody else believed in me, I knew that the only option was my own. So, whatever you have to say about me, remember that I don’t care. I don’t care what you have to say about me or how far you have to dig to try to hurt me. The only thing that matters to me is what happens in that ring. Trashing me on X or in your promos doesn’t mean a damn thing. Actions speak louder than words and that’s something I stand by to this day.”

“All the pain that I go through isn’t going to make me weak. Nah, it will make me stronger. I could be down today, tomorrow, or next week. I could get my ass kicked day in and day out, but I won’t stop. I won’t stop because I know deep down that I’ll make it through the hardship. Victoria, I didn’t come this far in my career to quit.”

“The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.”

She turns her back and goes and sits down on the chair. She leans her back against it, pulls out her M1911 handgun, and sets it on the table. All the lights go out but one. That one light shows Nakita and nothing else.

“At Climax control, I’m going to show my strength and my heart. At Climax Control, I’m going to show you how much fight I have in me. You may think you’re a top dog already, but you’re not. At Climax Control, I’m going to put you down.”

She grabs the weapon and shoots the lightbulb as it shatters. Thus, forcing the scene to fade to black.

SCENE THREE - OFF SCREEN

Nakita is seen inside the octagon training with Chris Matthews. Outside the cage is Everett Aloni. Both of these guys, as people know, are her trainers. People who help build her up to be better than what she is. Chris has been teaching her some of the things that he knows. She’s wearing a pink and black sports bra, black and pink leggings, black workout sneakers, and black fingerless gloves. Chris, on the other hand, is wearing no shirt, black workout shorts, black sneakers, and black fingerless gloves. Nakita and Chris went back and forth in the octagon knowing that Nakita needed to be at her best. She knows that she hasn’t gone this far just to quit. She hits a right hook to the face of Chris, but he ducks and takes her down with a leg sweep. She sat up and was given a towel to dry off.

“Seems like you still need to work on some of the techniques, Nakita. But don’t worry, I know you’ll get it.”

“Do you believe that?”

Chris sits down on the mat and looks at Nakita eye to eye. He gives off a little smile and nods.

“Course I do, Nakita. If I didn’t believe in you, then I wouldn’t. Besides, you have a huge week in front of you. Dealing with Harlow Prince at Manifest Destiny and then dealing with Victoria Lyons. I want to make sure that you’re ready for anything.”

“I appreciated it, Chris. Like you always said, remember why you started.”

“Exactly. No matter what struggles you go through, you have to push through. The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory. You’re a winner, Nakita, and you need to keep believing in that. You have the heart of a warrior. Everett has always said that you’re smarter than me, stronger than Everett, and more hardcore than Ryan.”

“Yeah, you guys always tell me that.”

Chris smiles as he reaches forward and puts his hand on her shoulder. He knows that Nakita has a lot to go through. He knows that she has been there to find herself and get back on track when he changed who she is.

“I want you to be at your best. You may have to face Harlow first, but for this, I want you to train harder against Victoria, alright? I want you to show her who you are and make sure you wipe her face on that mat. I want you to make sure that you remember who you are. I want you to make her remember that people need to bet on Nakita. What was the old saying that you used to say in your rookie year?”

“Wake up! Work! Win!”

“Exactly. You do those things every day. I see you working out and putting everything on hold to be a better you. I want you to remember those words.”

She gets a smile on her face and nods. She knows that everything that Chris says is the truth. Nakita has always believed in herself more since she went to her old self. When she was at her worst, she wanted to quit. She thought that changing who she was would make her better, but it didn’t. It made her lose herself and her self-confidence.

“You’re right, Chris. Seems like you’re always right when I need it the most.”

“You need to show Victoria that she lost herself. Remember that nothing they can say or do will take you down. Everyone who tries to bring you down, you shut them up. Why? Because you don’t let their words affect you.”

“Once again, you’re right Chris.”

Everett opens up the gate of the octagon. He’s wearing a black muscle shirt, workout shorts, and workout sneakers.

“Nakita, how about getting out of that ring and hitting the weights? You want to slam Victoria down to the mat, don’t you?”

“That I do.”

“Good! You go and get started while I talk to Chris here.”
Nakita gets out of the ring and heads to the bars. Chris and Everett look at her and look at each other.

“Don’t go too hard on her, Everett. She still needs to have enough energy to compete. Don’t want her tired or anything like that.”

“You know me, Broda.”

“Yeah, which is why I’m telling you to take it easy on her.”

“You know as well as I do that we can’t go easy on her. We have to make sure that she is ready.”

“Yeah, but you have to remember that her father just died. So, that’s why I’m asking you to take it easy on her. I don’t want you driving her down to the point where she can’t move. I want her to fight to win.”

“Yeah, I know. Remember when Ryan passed? You still fought and here I was leaving.”

“We all had to heal from his death, Everett. I knew I had to keep fighting for Ryan's honor. Shit, it nearly killed you and me when we saw his casket going into the ground. Anyways, get going and get her ready.”

“On it.”

Everett gets out of the ring as Chris takes off his gloves. He heads to the men's locker room to get a shower.

SCENE FOUR - ON SCREEN

The scene flashed back to the Battle of Gettysburg. We see the Confederate soldier moving up a hill inside the woods as the Union is up. You hear the general of the union saying, “FIX BAYONETS!”, which is a term that they would fight close. Of course, in that battle, the confederate won that battle.

The scene flashes back to the present day in the same woods where Nakita Niles is sitting on top of the hill where the Union soldiers are charged. The sky is blue, and Nakita is wearing a black crop top, jeans, and black sneakers on her feet. She was wearing tinted sunglasses and a black beret on her head. She takes a look around this place and can feel the history of the battle that took place in these woods.

“History has always been something that I enjoy learning about. When you’re a soldier, you have to learn about the past and let it teach you about the future. The Battle of Gettysburg was a battle that took the lives of many men, young and old. When you’re in the place, you can feel the history. And history is something I like to talk about.”

She looks at the camera through her shades. Her hands rest on her knees as she continues.

“Victoria, you and I don’t have history, but I can promise you that you and I will make history at Climax Control. I know that because I know you're a fighter. I know that you want to come in and take over this division, but that won't happen. At least when I’m not around.”

“But I also know that I have a destiny, just like you. But your destiny isn’t as important as mine. I can’t tell you what’ll happen at Climax Control, but I can promise you that I’ll be fighting to send a message to Bae.”

Just saying that name is going to piss Nakita off because she still feels the emotion for what she did to her at Blast from the Past Tournament. She knows having Bae stuck in her mind could cost her against Victoria. But she has to fight that.

“But it’s not only about Bae, Victoria. It’s about showing what I can do in that ring. I have to focus on you because you’re my opponent this week. If Bae somehow gets involved, I make sure to put her lights out. But we all know that she’s not smart enough to get involved in something that doesn’t concern her.”

Nakita reaches up to take off her shades and puts the arms of them on her shirt. She stands up and walks down the hill slowly. The camera follows before stopping. Nakita looks down at the end of the woods. The camera moves in front of her like she could still hear the screams of me getting killed. The sounds of Muskets and Cannons firing.

“Can you feel it, Victoria? Can you feel the history of these woods? The sounds of men dying because of what they believe in. Showing that no matter the cost, they won’t stop fighting until the last shot ends.”

She puts her feet up at a fallen tree and takes a moment to breathe.

“This battle reminds me of what we’re going to do. I know that both of us are going to fight it out the cause of what we believe in.”

She looks away from the bottom of the hill and looks at the camera.

“The question is, what do you believe in, Victoria? What are you fighting for? I know what I’m fighting for. I continue to fight to make myself better. When people try to bring me down, I ignore it. They say that words can be a weapon, but not for me. I don’t care about what you say about me on Twitter or X or whatever it’s called now and in your promo. I care about action and what you can do in that ring. Because words mean nothing, and I know that. I know that because people continue to bring me down with their words and knowing damn well, I don’t care about it.”

“So, go ahead and say what you want because I know that deep down that is all you can do, right? But I want to know something, Victoria. How does it feel knowing that Vincent and Eddie have done more than you? Hmm? You think you’re the head lyoness or whatever you want to call yourself, but you’re not the head of the pack or anything. How does that work? It doesn’t and you know it, Victoria.”

She took her feet off the tree and put her hand on it. She jumps over the tree bark and heads down the hill more before stopping and leaning her body against a tree. The camera follows and moves in front of her. Her eyes don't focus on the camera before moving again. The camera follows her as she gets down to the end of the hill. She grabs her shades again and puts them on her face. She gets a smile on her face before turning towards the camera again.

“You want to know the story of someone who calls themselves the head of whatever pack? Some people will beat you to take your place. You’re not the head of any pack, Victoria and you know it. Someone who is the head of the pack would have something more to their name and you don’t have that. You know deep down that you can't control anything or anyone for that matter.”

“Last week, you talked about taking over this women's division and thinking that you can do that without breaking a sweat. Guess that’s where you and I have different options. Cause you see, I don’t need to say that I’m taking control of any division. You think you already have even though you have proven anything. But I guess that’s what happens when you change who you are. Chris told me that you were a sweet girl when he first met you. But when I see someone like you, I see a dark path. A path that nobody in their right mind would want to take.”

She shakes her head knowing the dark path that she’s taking. She closes her eyes to take in everything. It was like the voices in her head started to speak to her.

“Chris has always told me to remain who and what I am. I can still hear his voice in my head. He is telling me to break you down piece by piece. He wants me to use you as a message to Bae.”

“But, I can’t do that. I can’t because I know that deep down that’s not who I am. Victoria, at Climax Control, I’m going to show you who is the dominant woman.”

“And I can promise you one thing, Victoria. That this battle isn't going to be no sisterly love. This battle? this battle will be our Gettysburg.”

“See you there.”

She walks away from the hill and moves forward as the scene fades to black.