Author Topic: Sweet as Candy  (Read 543 times)

Offline Alicia Lukas

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Alicia Lukas
Sweet as Candy
« on: May 04, 2020, 08:19:01 PM »

Crouched over, you were not there, living in fear
But signs were not really that scarce, obvious tears
But I will not hide you through this, I want you to help them
Please see the bleeding heart perched on my shirt
Die, withdraw, hide in cold sweat, quivering lips
Ignore remorse, naming a kid, living wasteland
This time you've tried all that you can, turning you red

Support

New York, New York. January 7th 2020

She sat up and groaned. The anesthetic had worn off but she still felt groggy. Nurses had checked on her, given her water and a sandwich. Alicia tried to keep it down. She just wanted to go home. And for the past 6 hours that's what she tried to get the doctors and administrators to allow her to do.  The answer was always the same. She was “under observation.” Her eyes trailed over to her arm it sat tight against her body, her shoulder wrapped up with a pad over the incision.

She knew what was next.

The ours of rehab she had ahead of her. The pain she’d have to go through. The exercises. The straining. The feeling of it not being enough. And of course the wait to get back in the ring. Three to six months. It ran through her mind. Up to half a year of her career possibly taken away from her. She was angry, she was upset. And the depression kicked in. The doubt. The questions. Alex had helped, he had given her a pep talk to get her through the surgery to this point. But...what if..

What if she couldn’t come back as good as she was?

What if the shoulder doesn’t heal properly?

What if she loses confidence and is no longer the Alicia we all know?

She sneered and shook her head before wincing in pain, just moving her neck the way she did caused a sharp pain in her shoulder. The small stitches pulling. She had denied herself painkillers. No, she wanted to feel this. She wanted to have every sharp pain as a reminder of what was stolen from her. Her mind flashed back to that moment. Hearing Bobbie laugh. Feeling Bobbie standing over her holding her sling like a trophy.

Her teeth ground together. Her hand clenched. Alicia was furious. But right now. She couldn’t do a damn thing about it. She was useless. She was as defenceless as you could come. Sitting in a hospital gown, up in a hospital bed. Her arm unable to move. A half eaten ham and cheese sandwich that was somehow too moist yet also bone dry in front of her.

”Is this what I have become?, is this how a champion falls and ends?”

Her words were barely a whisper as she shoved the plate away. She sat silent in the room, her eyes trailing up to the small TV in the corner as it played a story about some new virus found in China. She turned the TV off and sighed sitting back before pulling out her phone. Twitter was a goddamn shitshow. Bobbie was gloating. Of all people Roxi Johnson stood up, said she was disgusted with Bobbie’s actions. Alicia slowly nodded. She hoped Roxi would beat her. But not end her.

No, that was Alicia’s goal.

Alicia pushed off the bed and put her feet on the floor grabbing her bag walking into the small bathroom. She shut the door and a few minutes later emerged, dressed in street clothes, she winced and pulled the sling up and over her head. It had been a mission to get dressed. But she did it, through the pain and learning what angles to move her arm at. She did it. She looked at her phone and focused on a few things, video on SCW’s account showing the attack in a recap of the show, the reactions from fans and her friends. She had gotten so many messages and voicemails from friends.

It made her smile.

Lena Skye, Cass Baumer, Stacy DeVille, Izzy Van Doren, Lara Chambers, members of wolfslair, Dani Weston, Amy Santino. All of them had sent her messages of encouragement. She didn’t hear the footsteps, but she damn sure heard the voice. ”Alicia?...what are you doing?” Micheal had made her jump, she turned and winced as it pulled at her skin and stitches. He raised an eyebrow as she cleared her throat.

”Waiting for you? So I can go home?” He shook his head, he knew she hadn’t been cleared to leave yet. He knew because he was holding her discharge papers. He held them up and raised an eyebrow. Alicia just chuckled and smiled. ”Lucky guess?” Michael smiled and grabbed her back motioning for her to come with him.

”Come on, lets get you home…”

His voice was warm and comforting. Her put his arm around her and it hit Alicia like a ton of bricks. He still had her back. Through it all she had family, friends and peers who loved and respected her. They wanted her to succeed, they wanted her to return. The fans wanted her to return, her bosses wanted her to return. She was going to do this not just for herself.

But for every single one of them.

Her fans who had bought her merch, waited for her in line to get an autograph and a picture. Who had followed her in japan then back to the states through all the companies. Her friends who had given her so many laughs and comfort. And her family who had given her unconditional love.

She was far from done….

Sweet as Candy

Las Vegas, Nevada.

Alicia steps through the door, a cinematic camera angle showing her black combat boots, her green camo tucked into them as she grabs a chair pulling it with her, she spins the chair around so the back is facing the camera and slowly sits down folding her arms onto the back of the chair. A balck tank top over her upper body, the scar from her shoulder surgery on full display as she leans forward.

”Well, it was absolutely grand having my great comeback ruined. See, Roxi and I were having another competitive match, like we always seem to. Because Roxi is, you know, an actual legend in SCW and the wrestling world. I was excited to be returning against her and I was also looking forward to proving a point. Alicia Lukas still has “it”. And sure, I proved that by going toe to toe with Roxi. I proved that by showing the world I’m still one of the best goddamn wrestlers in the world. But I wanted to prove that by winning. Of course, Roxi may have beaten me anyway but the difference between most people and myself is that if I lose to someone who was simply better on the night….”

“Without fuckery”

“I own it, I embrace it and truth be told Roxi deserved better. I deserved better and Bobbie Dahl ruined that. She robbed us both of a result. If Roxi had lost she would of taken it hard but she would have accepted it. If I had lost straight up, I could of swallowed that and accepted it. But what neither of us can handle is some jealous bitch sticking her nose in our business all because she knows...SHE KNOWS...she isn’t on our level. And the thing is, most of the bombshells roster accepts that right now they aren’t on that level. They accept they need to get better and they fight to do it…”

“You Bobbie Dahl...are no fighter.”

Alicia tilts her head, her lips covered in a cherry red lipstick, war paint still under both eyes, a bullet belt diagonal over her chest and a jungle camo bandana tied in her hair with the bow at the front as she sneers again.

“I went looking for Bobbie Dahl this week, people saw it. People watched. And sure, there was some “haha” some shenanigans. From myself, Fenris, a teddy bear, Finn Whelan, Alex, Austin. But I was looking for Bobbie all night. And then, on twitter Bobbie comes out and says she was in the same spot all night. Yet isn’t it funny how no one...NO ONE believes her. And why is that Bobbie? Why is it that no one actually believes you? Is it because you’re a victim? Or is it because you’re not a fighter? You’re not a real wrestler?...”

:You know who is a fighter?”

:You know who is a wrestler?”

“My opponent this week. Candy.”

“Now, Candy and I may not have always seen eye to eye. She’s a bubbly, happy, bouncy person. She doesn’t focus enough on the match itself or the company for my tastes. But, in that ring she has proven herself to be an incredible talent. Candy is resilient, smart, tough and has that one thing you can never learn, that thing that you can’t train for. You either have it or you don’t….”

“Candy has heart…”

Alicia points to her chest with a small but warm smile. She pushes up off the chair sliding it to the side showing her full “hunting” garb. Her arms folding over her chest as she steps back and forth.

”Over the past four months Candy has proved just how good she can be. She beat Sam Marlowe for the Roulette title, she’s defended it proudly and was able to get passed Mercedes Vargas, no easy task. Candy has shown the world what kind of woman she is and I am proud to be facing her one on one. And the thing is, I like Candy, she’s a nice girl, with carisma, she teamed with my boy Austin and they had an entertaining mixed tag team in the Blast from the past…”

“And being a champion in that tournament is hard so she has respect for that…”

“And now, at Climax Control we will go toe to toe in the GO gym and everyone sitting at home will get to see one of the best professional wrestlers in the world take on someone who has proved herself to be ahead of the pack. And hey, Candy, I get it, I do. You want to prove yourself against the best of the best. I know you wont run from this kind of challenge. I know you won’t cheat like say..Bobbie would. I know you won’t be silly enough to believe I’m looking past you, because I’m not. AN dI’m not underestimating you either…”

“With that being said…”

Alicia pauses and smiles, a shot of arrogance in her eyes and body language.

”You have to be prepared to face me Candy. You can’t approach me like you have Sam or Mercedes. With all due respect to them, I’m a different kind of animal entirely. Now, I’m giving you free advice here and I’m sure many in the peanut gallery will see this as arrogant and cocky and..hey sure..whatever it is a little bit but Candy...I have earned that right. With everything I have done, the names I’ve beaten in SCW and around the world I have earned the right to be arrogant…”

“And this is a warning honey. As much as I respect what you’ve done and I like you as a person, as much as you deserve the spotlight on you….the truth is that you are a lamb being led to a slaughter. Bobbie Dahl ruined my return and that has made me angry, not just annoyed, or slightly pissed off. I’m fucking furious. ANd unfortunately I’m going to take all that anger out on you. I am going to use you to nail home the point I was trying to make against Roxi two weeks ago. And trust me on this Candy...it’s not personal…”

“I know that’s a cliche, it’s just business and what have you. But in this case it’s true. I don’t hate you, I don’t dislike you. But this is my division and I need to start climbing that ladder to get my championship back….and as good as you are, as talented as you are….you’re just that first rung for me to step on...sorry honey...you’re my target….”