Author Topic: I am nothing like him! #SaveKain  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
I am nothing like him! #SaveKain
« on: April 19, 2012, 07:21:48 PM »
 (OOC: I did it again, wrote a RP too long for the board. Typical Hot Stuff)

The scene starts with Hot Stuff Mark Ward sitting at a table, a beer in his hand, the location is unknown, but the SCW Co-owner looks across the table. A southern tone speaks to him, as the camera turns to see Austin Parker sitting opposite him.

Austin: Y'all had to go do it, didn't ya?

HS: Do what?

Hot Stuff tries to make his tone as innocent as possible.

Austin: You had to go punch the big dawg on the nose and try to get a rise outta him.

HS: You consider Kain a big dog?

Austin: In time

HS: But not now?

Austin: He can be, I mean look at you when you first started in wrestling.

HS: What about me?

Austin: Ye attitude stunk, you thought you was invinsible, you thought the wrestling business owed you a living.

Hot Stuff arches an eyebrow as he tilts his head.

HS: It did, I was a legend in the making and now, I am a legend.

Hot Stuff picks up his beer and smirks

Austin: Ya did it through work ya idiot, because you got trained to do it. Kain got trained to do it, his training was slightly different from yours

HS: His training was punch, punch, punch till someone bled, that's not the way to go about being a wrestler, to being a superstar, a guy like me.

Austin: He knew how to take a fall and get back up.

Hot Stuff holds his hands out in front of him

HS: Are you trying to say that Kain is a future me?

Austin smiles widely.

Austin: Yes, without the attitude and living for the weekend.

HS: He is never gonna be as good as I am

Austin: He's twenty two or something like that

Hot Stuff smirks

HS: He looks so much older

Austin: Doesn't mean a thing, do you remember what you was like at twenty two?

Hot Stuff raises his eyebrows

HS: I was just breaking through but I knew I was gonna be a legend.

Austin: That was debatable

HS: Piss off, I remember breaking through.... I remember meeting Jordan Willams on my first training session

***FLASHBACK***

Training session 1, back to the day that changed Hot Stuff's life. A modern looking gym is seen with amazingly polished looking running machines, weight lifting equipment and various other stuff. In the middle is a wrestling ring. A younger looking, but still just as bald Jordan Williams in seen standing in the middle of the ring, talking to a moster of a man, close to 400lbs. From one side of the camera shot, a younger looking Mark Ward Snr. walks towards the ring, a guy of around 20 just following him across the gym. Mark Ward Snr. and the younger man climb in to the ring, Mark Ward Snr shakes hands with both Jordan and the bigger man. He starts to introduce the man behind him.

Mark Snr: Jordan, this is my son Mark Jnr. Mark this is the guy who will be training you, this is Jordan Williams and Reggie Walker, known in wrestling as Hugh Jazz.

The young Hot Stuff smirks and looks at the huge man.

Mark Jnr: Hugh Jazz? You ain't kidding pop, I bet he finished a close second in a Moby Dick lookalike competition.

Reggie clenches his fists.

Mark Snr: Jordan, can I have a minute of your time?

Jordan nods and Mark Snr and Jordan walk away from the other two, conversing in the corner with each other. Reggie looks Mark Jnr. up and down, Hot Stuff looks at him with his now trademark cocky grin.

Mark Jnr: What chunky? I haven't got your candy bar.

Reggie looks at Mark, clearly getting annoyed at the cockiness of the young man. Mark just smiles at Reggie.

Reggie: Why do you even wanna get in to wrestling kid? You're gonna piss a lot of people off because of your attitude.

Mark Jnr: For the money, fame, women and spotlight. Why did you get in to it? Because you needed to work in a place with a loading bay so you could get through the door?

Reggie turns away from Mark Jnr who smiles.

Mark Jnr: And my attitude is perfect for this business, I mean look in the locker rooms at federations and you see so many guys trying to stand out. I'll stand out because I'm not scared to say what I think. You stand out because of the smell of cheeseburgers.

Reggie growls

Reggie: That's it!

Jordan and Mark Snr turn back to the duo in the middle of the ring before anything else can happen.

Mark Snr: Anyway guys, I'll let you get down to work, I got to meet a few people and talk about signing some stars.

Mark Jnr smirks.

Mark Jnr.: Save your money pops, your next big thing is right here in this ring and I'm not talking about Reggie's arse either.

Jordan can't help but smile as Reggie looks at Mark Jnr with a look of evil in his eyes. Mark Ward Snr leaves the ring. Joirdan puts a hand on Mark's shoulder but Mark looks at Jordan's head.

Jordan: Something wrong?

Mark Jnr: No, just seeing if I can see my reflection in your head. How much turtle wax do you use on that thing?

Jordan looks across at Reggie

Jordan: I think this guys gimmick has been sorted, huh?

Reggie nods but Mark looks at them both.

Mark Jnr: Gimmick? I don't need a gimmick, I'm gonna be myself because I'm a winner. I don't need to act like a dumb arse on TV to get people to like me, I'm not gonna work under a mask just because I want the fans to like me. I'm gonna be me and if people like me, good, if they don't, that's their choice but I'm a Ward, people will love me.

Jordan: Wrestling has a lot to do with gimmicks.

Mark Jnr: Is that why you change your entrance music every month?

Jordan shakes his head.

Jordan: Nope, I do that because I'm respected enough to do what I want. I'm just that cool.

Reggie shakes his head

Reggie: Y'all met ten minutes ago and already you sound like each other.

Mark Jnr: You might sound like us if you never had your mouth full of chicken all the time.

Reggie takes a step towards Mark but Jordan puts his hand up.

Jordan: Ok, how about we try a little bit of wrestling.

Mark Jnr: Alright but don't gimme all that basic shit right now. That kinda stuff I can learn in five minutes later.

Jordan and Reggie look at each other and smile.

Jordan: Ok, try and hit Reggie with a German Suplex.

Mark Jnr: Piece of piss.

Jordan: What?

Mark Jnr: It's an English thing man, you'll learn.

Hot Stuff looks at Reggie and Reggie puts his arms up, smiling at Mark. Mark whispers to himself.

Mark Jnr: Now I know what a big mac feels like in Reggie's house.

Mark slides behind Reggie and wraps his arms partkly around Reggie's waist. He tries to lift him but his hands slip.

Reggie: What's wrong kid? Having trouble being great?

Reggie bellows a laugh out from his lungs.

Mark Jnr: Wouldn't have problems if you could look at donuts and just say no.

Reggie turns around and glares at Mark and starts throwing lefts and rights at him. Mark avoids them and ducks under one of Reggie's blows. Reggie spins around and Mark hits him straight in the face with a superkick, taking Reggie by surprise, knocking him down. Mark looks over him as he falls and extends a hand, helping Reggie to his feet.

Reggie: Son of a bitch! That hurt like hell.

Mark Jnr: It was meant to. Think I'm gonna stand around while some guy tries to cave my face in? Fuck that.

In the corner, Jordan watches on with intrest and the two's exchange. Jordan walks in to the center of the ring to the two.

Jordan: I think we have a finishing move too now.

Jordan motions for Reggie to go to one side of the ring alone while Mark waits in the other corner. Reggie and Jordan talk.

Jordan:I think we could be on to a winner here. Got the look, the attitude and the mind.

Reggie: Maybe

Mark calls over from the other side of the ring.

Mark Jnr: While we're still young guys.

Mark taps an imaginary watch. Reggie looks at Jordan

Reggie: He's still a pain in the ass.

HS: Can we now fast forward this a couple of months to training to be a better tag team, cause those two whooped my arse that day and I don't wanna see it.

Austin: Go for it, ya bitch

***FLASHBACK***

Back to the very young looking Hot Stuff Mark Ward is seen next to Jordan Williams, Tag team partner, trainer, at the time, friend and as close as a brother. Hot Stuff looks at Jordan, flipping very expensive looking sunglasses on top of his head.

HS: This training is a piece of piss J-Will, I've been smacking down bitches constantly, only to get put in these XXX matches. I know this body is fucking amazing, but Chippendale is the XXX Champion, he's a friend and all, I don't really wanna kick his arse!

Jordan: Bro, it's business, you beat Chip, you beat Chip, it's not like he's gonna be pissed or anything, he'll just go back to strutting his stuff with Thunder. Besides, they got the tag titles too, and they'll look damn good wrapped around this waist.

Jordan motions the title around his waist.

HS: So is this the point of this training session with Chippendale and Thunder? They're cool guys, very close guys, a little too close at times it seems, but I could be out breaking some public indecency laws which involve a blonde, on her knees...

Jordan: Shoulda done that before you got here.

Jordan turns around, looking at a beautiful redheaded woman and winking. He turns back to Hot Stuff with a smirk.

HS: Oh yeah, she'd get it.

Jordan puts a hand on Hot Stuff's shoulder.

Jordan: Trust me bro, she did!

Austin: Wow, wow, wow! Ah didn't wanna know about you, Jordan and some five buck hos. Ah was talking about wrestling.

HS: Yeah, yeah, I'm getting to that part.

***BACK TO THE FLASHBACK***

Jordan:.... it was like a golf ball through a hose pipe thing. Ya get me?

HS: So you're trying to say you now only have one nut?

Jordan shake his head

Jordan: Nah bro, but if I let her keep going

HS: Damn shame, we coulda changed your name, your gimmick, called you "Little J No Nuts"

Jordan smiles and playfully punches Hot Stuff in the arm as the camera widens up, showing a huge gym area, with a ring set up in the middle. Hot Stuff and Jordan quickly springs up on to the ring apron. Jordan jumps over the top rope while Hot Stuff steps through the ropes.

Jordan: Can't jump over the ropes anymore?

HS: I was with this bird last night with long nails, left scratches from my ankles to my arse, I ain't risking more damage to this god like body.

Jordan: Ankles to ass? Damn boy, you been reading that Indian sex book again, haven't ya?

HS: Fucking right. Little Indian dude who wrote it never got any complaints, I see why now.

As Jordan and Hot Stuff stand in the ring, a masked larger man slides under the bottom rope, while a masked smaller man climbs to the top rope. The smaller man flies off, planting a dropkick in to the back of Hot Stuff, sending him flying in to Jordan. The bigger man lifts Jordan up in the air as he stumbles around and slams Jordan down to the ground. The smaller man sweeps Hot Stuff off his feet with a kick. Both men grab Hot Stuff by an arm and a leg each and throw him up in the air. Dropping him hard to the canvas.

HS: Ow! My arse!

The smaller man leans over Hot Stuff, ripping his mask off to reveal now wrestling legend, Chippendale.

Chippendale: If I had a dollar every time I said that, I'd be a millionaire.

Hot Stuff winces in pain.

HS: You are a millionaire.

Chippendale winks at Hot Stuff.

Chippendale: I know

Chippendale helps Hot Stuff to his feet, and the larger man takes off his mask, to reveal Chippendale's tag team partner, Thunder. Thunder pulls Jordan to his feet.

Jordan: What was all that about?

Thunder: You want our tag team titles, right boys?

HS: We'll take them too.

Chippendale: Keep dreaming.

HS: I dream of boobs a lot.

Chippendale: Figures.

Thunder: Well if you want them, then you should know how to handle them. You need to be ready for teams sneaking up on you. You think once you got the titles, people are gonna leave you alone? No! People, like you two, are gonna try take them away from you. Here's lesson one, stop talking about what cheap ho you nailed the night before while you're in the ring and be aware.

HS: Hey! Last night's one wasn't cheap! She made me buy her drinks.

Jordan: Yeah, and not cheap drinks.

Chippendale: You two are gonna fail as a team unless you sort some things out.

HS: Look....

Hot Stuff says confidently

HS: We're on the same page here. We kick more arse then most, that's why we're after your tag titles because we know we can handle them.

Chippendale and Thunder look at each other and shake their heads.

Thunder: No chance

HS: You got a point to me making me relive this thing?

Austin: Sure, just trying to make you see that you and Kain are not so different.

HS: You need to get off the drugs Austin. Clearly very different. Jordan and I knew how good we were back then, we knew we could look good, wrestle like Gods, look amazing and have the fans love us. We did it all. If you remember, Jordan and I went on to take those tag titles, and the Global Pro Wrestling tag titles, AND the IWF tag titles at the same time.

Austin: Oh yeah, ah remember, that wheelbarrow full of titles entrance was cheesy.

Hot Stuff looks offended

HS: Hey, it was the only way Jordan and I could get eight belts down to the ring. We had IWF single gold too at the time. You're still not convincing me I'm like Kain here. Quadruple champion not long after breaking in to the business.

Austin: With a tag team partner.

HS: Bollocks. You can fuck right off, and when you get there, you can fuck right off again.

Austin smiles at Hot Stuff

HS: Unless you forgot, When the feds merged, ASFW and GPW, I went straight to the top to face a certain fella called Austin Parker for the World title. Remember that?

Austin: Ah should do, it ended my career. Which also makes you like Kain.

Hot Stuff raises an eyebrow at Austin

HS: How do you figure?

Austin: Think he gave a damn when he ended careers out on the street?

Hot Stuff looks shocked

HS: I gave a damn. I had to, I was face at the time.

Austin: Means nothing.

***FLASHBACK***

Hot Stuff Mark Ward is seen in the ring facing Austin Parker. Hot Stuff leapfrogs Austin and both spin around. Hot Stuff bend down and sweeps Austin off his feet. He slingshots Austin towards the barbed wire covered ring ropes. Austin flies over the top rope, his head catching in between the top and middle rope, wrapping the barbed wire around his neck and squeezing the air out of him, while the spikes dig deep in to his neck. Hot Stuff and the referee look at each other, shock on their face and both break character trying to free Austin

HS: Look at my face there, how can you say Kain would have stopped and looked concerned.

Austin: But deep down, at least for a few seconds, you felt proud of yourself.

HS: Erm, I visited you in hospital

Austin: To hit on nurses

HS: Right

***FLASHBACK***

The scene changes to a hosp....

Austin: Fuck no, we ain't seeing me in hospital

HS: Ah, you just don't wanna see you in a hospital gown.

Austin: Too right.

HS: Spoil sport.

Austin: Anyway, lets go back to the point of this.

HS: There's a point to this?  I thought this was just a Family Guy episode with random flashbacks.

Austin sighs

HS: Hey, can I do a random one.

Austin: Sure, you're writing this.

HS: Say what?

***FLASHBACK***

Hot Stuff is seen sitting in a jacuzzi, the water bubbling off his tanned skin. The camera turns around to show four beautiful bikini clad women start to dip their toes in to the bubbling warm water

Austin: Hold up. There is no point to this one, is there?

HS: Not in the slightest, but chicks in bikinis equal ratings

Austin rolls his eyes.

Austin: Can we get back on track here?

HS: Yeah, you was trying to prove I was like Kain or some bollocks like that?

Austin smiles.

Austin: Yes. Let me take you back to the opening night of Generation X Wrestling. Do you remember what you did?

HS: Yep.

Austin: Do you remember what happened when you left the ring and headed to the back?

HS: Yep

Austin: That unaired promo?

HS: Yep. Can we have the flashback now so I stop saying yep?

Austin: Yep... dammit!

***FLASHBACK***

Day one of Generation X Wrestling. Hot Stuff stands at the top of the ramp starting down at the ring, his friend Thunder, laying looking up the ramp at him, holding his jaw as the crowd look on in disbelief. The damning words in front of the New York fans, Hot Stuff Mark Ward, just moments before, telling the New York crowd, just how much he hates New York and the people in it, only to be confronted by New York native, Thunder. Hot Stuff smirks at the ring, still feeling the sting in his boot after superkicking his friend in the jaw. Hot Stuff turns away, walking through the exit curtain and looking around at the shocked faces of the crew and fellow GXW superstars. Hot Stuff's eyes dart around.

HS: Ah, you lot can piss off, I don't give a flying fuck. He deserved it.

Hot Stuff pushes past a crew member holding a clipboard, only to be confronted by his father, part owner of GXW, Mark Ward Snr.

SNR: What the hell was that about boy?

HS: I fucking hate New York, I hate the people, bunch of head up their own arse, wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire crowd.

SNR: You don't go out there and tell them that, they pay your salary.

HS: No, I put arses in seats to pay my salary, use the dirty New York money to pay the rest of the locker room.

SNR: You do realise you just fucked your career, right? You've alienated the people who pay to see this company.

HS: Piss off pops, I ain't the only one who hates New York or the arrogant arseholes that live here. Hell, I just made you more money from New Jersey by telling the world that New York sucks.

SNR: New York was a big earner for us, now we're likely to lose a lot of money over this.

HS: Fuck the lot of them.

Austin: See, you and Kain are both headstrong

HS: Shush, I'm liking this one

Austin: Did you really hate New York?

HS: Still do Austin, still do.

SNR: This could do bg time damage to us son.

HS: I told them I didn't hate the fans, but screw them, they wanna sit there and boo the crap outta me, I couldn't give a damn, they can all rot for all I care, each and every one of them.

Mark Ward Snr shakes his head, slowly closing his eyes

HS: This is not about the money we're losing, this is the money I'm gonna make. No fucker out there really likes New York. Your sales are gonna boost big time from other states who also hate New York. Now if you'll excuse me, I got tarts to bang.

SNR: You don't like New York, but you wanna bang their women?

HS: Fuck that, bunch of disease riddled slappers. I'm getting my arse out of this place, getting on a plane to Vegas and party like it's going out of fashion.

Austin: Like ya not gonna catch anything from a Vegas chick.

HS: Vegas tourists Austin, they come from all over. You can pretty much find and nail a chick from every continent within a week in Vegas. Not that you'll know, having that ball and chain around your ankle like you have for years.

Austin: Marriage joke, ya haven't made one of those in the last twenty four hours.

HS: There was more to this flashback you know.

Hot Stuff pushes past his father, grabbing an unopened bottle of water from a refreshment table and opening it up when a cameraman signals to him.

HS: What do you fucking want?

Hot Stuff pauses for a second.

HS: Oh, you wanna know what happened out there? Well it's simple, I hate New York, I now hate the people, I now hate everything about it,  even hate every little dog in it. The fans can go fuck themselves, Thunder, can go fuck himself. Anyone who's every sympathized with anything from New York, can go fuck themselves. The skanky arse women from New York, who would love to suck my solider, can go fuck themselves. You see the simple truth of the matter is, I'm better then this shithole, I'm better then everyone who comes from this place and it's time for a change. I don't really give a damn anymore about what people think, what people say, I do not give a monkeys arse about who I'm supposed to be. Don't like it, I don't give a shit

Austin: Ah ha!

Hot Stuff looks up from playing with his phone.

HS: What?

Austin: The "I don't give a fuck attitude" is just like Kain is today and what was you doing there?

HS: Tweeting

Austin: What the....

HS: I just tweeted "Having some great flashback moments with Austin Parker. He's trying to convince me Kain is me from 10 years ago #Bollocks"

Austin: Y'all like him. Look at yer eyes in the last flashback, the intensity, the attitude.

HS: I can't

Austin: Why not?

HS: Flashback ended.

Austin rolls hs eyes as Hot Stuff goes back to his phone.

Austin: Knock off that tweeting crap and focus.

Hot Stuff puts his phone on the table.

HS: Fine

Austin: Hasn't it got through your stupid head yet that Kain is you? Everythiing he does screams of "Ah wanna be Mark Ward?"

HS: Whatcha talking about Willis?

Austin: The attacks, the brute force of them, they're all mirroring everything ya did years ago. Look at the past Climax Control.

HS: Yes, he smacked me on the head repeatedly with ten chairshots.

Austin: Overkill really, but you've done the same thing.

HS: Over the years, yes, I've beaten people senseless with steal chair shot after steel chair shot. He had to gang attack me with various random people to get one over on me. He had to go out there and find guys to gang assualt me, cause he can't do it on his own.

Austin: And what have you done over the years?

HS: Hey, difference. I pick the right people, I don't go for random people. I go for people I can trust and gang assault for me is a bit harsh. I used known people, he used people in hoods, like those little street gang hoodies. Besides, I know the wrestling business. This guy sells shit.  battered him the other week and he came right back like nothing happened, when we know he was hurting. With me, what you see is what you get. He may have hit me ten times, knocked me out, but in fairness, I've been knocked out by others, I can shake them shots off. Look at it, a few days later, headache gone, and I'm set to go. Besides, the chair thing, desperate act for he didn't have to face me in a couple of weeks

Austin: How do you work that out?

HS: He thought he could concuss me and put me out for a month, therefore, not having to face me, when all he's done is piss me off.

Austin: And yet ya still don't see how alike ya really are?

Hot Stuff looks blankly at Austin

Austin: Ya attacked him the other week, ya pissed him off, he attacked you.

HS: Ten chair shots was a bit much.

Austin: Maybe, but ye pissed him off to do it, like he pissed ya off for you to do what ye gonna do at London Brawling.

HS: I think I piss him off because his over the top attacks don't seem to do a lot to phase me.

Austin: And in ten years time, when someone is tryin' to do the same to him, it won't bother him either.

HS: Either way, he's not getting away with this.

Austin: Let me ask you something

Hot stuff picks up hs beer and nods

Austin: What made ye try to recruit Kain in the first place?

HS: Honestly?

Austin nods

HS: Because I don't think he has the skills to survive in SCW.  He was out injured for a while, and I talked to the Seven Deadly Sins. He was a big name playing in AWA, but that's because lack of talent. I went to a show of theirs in London after Synn and Shane got me tickets to watch Sinful Obsession go for the tag titles. I watched the show from start to finish. Kain wasn't on that show, he got injured, fired, whatever, but in fairness, other than the Sins, there was probably four guys that could cut it here. It's not a knock against the AWA, because they are well run, they are a global place, possibly one of the best in the world, but I see SCW talent as a deeper, stronger roster. I thought Kain would get lost in the mix, be that "nearly" guy here the guy that always falls short. With my help, I knew I could make him better, but the AWA ruined him, it took his feet from the ground and forced him to be up his own arse.

Austin stiffles a laugh

HS: What?

Austin: Ya up your own ass.

HS: But I got the talent to back it up anywhere. I know I could survive in any federation put in front of me. Kain just doesn't cut it here. He can beat people with chairs, any idiot can do that. He can run around looking all scary, but a bit of eye make up and a dark stare can make people do that. He needed my help if he wanted to be number one. Now, he will never be number one, because after I beat him at London Brawling, he's just gonna be a jobber to the stars.

Austin: So you didn't see anything in him? Someone who could be the next you, but you did with Justin Underwood.

HS: Yeah, but less said about that flakey douche, the better.

Austin: Why won't ye just admit it, you and Kain are alike.

HS: I am nothing like him, I do everything with style, with class, he's just a guy who likes to whack people with chairs. He needed me more then I need him, now he's blown it. I like giving oppotunies, and offering people the chance to better themselves, not my fault he was too stupid to take it. Hell, there's a difference right there, I seized every single oppotunity given to me. The extra training with you, Jordan, the TSSA, I took that oppotunity and kicked it's arse from here to eternity.

Austin: Yeah, ten years ago

HS: Ah please cowboy, I was always ready to learn.

Austin: Well your training with Jordan showed you how to pick up women.

Hot Stuff smiles

HS: I already knew how to do that, Jordan refined my "getting rid of them in the morning" skills.

Austin: Who's to say Kain won't be doing the same over the next ten years, learning from everyone else.

Hot Stuff smirks

HS: Clearly Austin, he is a bellend. He thinks he's got it all there already, but he doesn't, he has no idea at all. If he was willing to learn, he would have already, he woulda took up the offer now and be headlining against Nick.

Austin: What is it with you trying to pull in title rivals in your little group?

HS: Keeps them on their toes.

Austin: Just like you needed to be in the Perfection Connection?

HS: Behave, I ran that group.

Austin: Until Billy James started to improve

HS: Come on, I was always better than Billy. A million times better, look at it like this, I'm still a legend, no one knows who he is anymore, probably working at a McDonalds somewhere. There's probably some saddo that's created him on the latest wrestling game out

Hot Stuff looks at the camera and winks

HS: But I was always far better. I fought Billy in London before, he pinned me in the freaking river! Kain isn't getting that chance to do that.

Hot Stuff stares at Austin confidently.

HS: Bringing Billy in to this means nothing. Look, Kain and I are not alike, not sure what the point is to you trying to make me think differently.

Austin: Well ya are and once you see that, ya will know exactly how to beat him.

Hot Stuff runs his fingers across his eyebrow

HS: If you already know how I can beat him oh great Yoda of the south, feel free to let me know.

Austin: Where's the fun in that?

HS: Some manager you are.

Austin: Well you should pay me more.

Hot Stuff shakes his head

HS: Ok, you got one more chance to prove to me I'm like Kain or I'm pissing off out to meet a journalist and promote SCW. I mean I get most of what you're trying to teach but I'm so much better then him, do you know why Austin?

Austin: Ah'm sure you're gonna tell me.

HS: Because I'm fucking quality.

Hot Stuff winks and stands up, walking past Austin and tapping him on the shoulder as he walks past.

The river Themes is seen in the background as the sun goes down behind the O2 dome. The camera spins from the dome to show the face of Hot Stuff Mark Ward looking across the river. Angelica approaches him from behind, putting her arms around his waist. He turns his head and looks at her, a slight smile crosses his face.

Angelica: The reporter from The Sun newspaper is here, they wanna do that interview thing about Sin City Wrestling.

HS: Show them up here sweetheart, it's a cool evening, might as well let them take in the view while they're boring the hell outta me.

Angelica kisses Hot Stuff on the cheek and disappears back through the door. The camera spins wider to see a jacuzzi on the roof of Hot Stuff's apartment, along with a patio area, and built in BBQ. four tables with soft looking comfortable chairs are seen dotted around. Angelica appears through the door, leading a young man towards the area. Hot Stuff turns around to face Angelica and this man.

Angelica: And this is Mark. Mark, this is Paul Jones from The Sun.

Hot Stuff extends his hand, shaking Hot Stuff's much bigger palm.

Paul: Hi Mr Ward, big fan.

HS: Great. Take a seat.

Hot Stuff and Paul take a seat facing each other.

Paul: Shall we just get started?

HS: Yeah, crack on.

Paul: Ok, I wanna talk first about the nuts and bolts of Sin City Wrestling. The background staff, as a smaller federation, how does that work?

HS: We have Christian and I running the place, all final decisions fall on our shoulders, we replaced Matt Ward, with a guy called Erik, who is more committed. He's a little fearful at times, but he's learning well, getting involved a lot and I like that. Backstage, we have a whole host of veterans that I've known for years working various jobs at shows behind the curtain, making things look as good as possible. We trust these guys, there's no hidden bullshit, just a bunch of people who want Sin City Wrestling to be the best.

Paul: You've mentioned in the past about SCW feeling like family. Is that because of the older guys returning?

HS: In a way but the newer guys have fitted in perfectly. A lot of our talent comes recommended from others in Sin City Wrestling. Our guys build up a trust with me, and with Christian, if they don't break it, they can come to us with anything at all. If they know of a guy or girl that deserves a shot, we give it to them. Our door is always open for talent if recommended to us.

Paul: Any examples on that?

HS: Yes, Vixen was recommended to me twice from two different SCW guys and we had to take a closer look. I took a closer look and we got a deal done. I trust everyone in SCW. If they give Christian and I something worth looking at, we talk a look.

Paul: Going on your Twitter page and various other news outlets, it seems you're always negotiating with someone.

HS: Of course. I'm happy with the roster as it is, but you never know when you need to pick up a gem or two. We don't go for superstars, we create superstars. People come in, and we help them to be better, competative nature kicks in and we help them push on and become better. We have faith in a lot of SCW stars and if we can help them, we will. If they wanna help themselves they can, if they wanna go to any number of guys in the back, top guys and ask for help, they will get it. We're very big on great attitude here. We don't want idiots here who get above their station, we don't want people who get pissy. Thankfully right now, it doesn't seem lke we have people who are pissy.

Paul: Is there anyone you're currently talking to about coming in?

HS: I was talking to a couple but they tend to talk shit if I'm honest. Say they're interested, then disappear. All talk, no bollocks. You get those from time to time, part of the business sadly.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:04:00 PM by Mark Ward »
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
I am nothing like him! #SaveKain
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 07:22:18 PM »
 Paul: Let's talk TV deals. Sin City Wrestling has grown a lot over here in England, many paying for the stream to watch online, due to the number of British wrestlers you have working for your company. You're on local TV in Vegas and California, is there any chance we will be able to switch over the television in the near future and find Climax Control on our screens?

HS: It's something that is on going really, it causes some debate. Christian always wanted a little indy fed, nothing major, no big risks, just wrestling. Truth is, we're outgrowing it by the day. People are standing up and taking notice, thanks to the talent we attract. It's no major surprise the big boys are sitting up and taking notice of us. I personally would love a deal in the UK, I will look for companies who wanna take a shot on us, but there's some background stuff to look in to. I'm not even sure we're allowed a deal abroad after being in this whole alliance thing.

Paul: Does the alliance restrict choices like that?

HS: No, they're not really restrictive. If they wanted to dictate the way we do things, I think we'd step away. Like every federation in the alliance, it was created by someone, not a group of overlords. I shouldn't think us signing a deal to show our show in a different country violates any of their terms. We have the freedom to control our future and I would love our shows being shown in England. I don't think they can stop us.

Paul: Sounds like some issues with the NWA.

HS: None at all. Christian is now in charge of dealing with them. I keep my ear to the ground and I hear sarcastic comments I know are aimed at SCW, especially bullshit lines that start with "Some of the newer feds" you might as well have a neon sign with our name on it. I know we're not popular with a lot of their members but I don't mind being the rebel and neither does SCW.

Paul: Why do you think that is?

HS: Not a clue. I open the doors to people who wanna come in and have a match every now and again. I have no issue with anyone that wants to come in and work with us. If anything, we should be praised.

Paul: Do you think jealousy plays a role?

HS: Not really. I mean if anyone in the Alliance wants to test themselves out on a grander stage, the door is open for them. Got no issues with them if they wanna stick their heads in the door. I like the fact our guys get challenged a lot from the NWA, but I think they need to come around and see who they're challenging first. In fact I invite anyone at all from any other Alliance federation to come put their heads in at London Brawling.

Paul: Do you keep an eye on what's going on in the alliance? What's your overall thoughts on the competition?

HS: I thnk some of the "competition" needs some work. I think there are a couple of week federations who would do better merging to up the talent roster, be a lot more solid. Each has their own stars, their own top draws, but some don't have the roster to keep up with ther top draws. I think some need to be made more aware of each others presence. Like we have a couple of our guys working elsewhere to get SCW known around the alliance, but it's hard to do some stuff because people see it as arrogance that we're trying to push ourselves in the alliance more.

Paul: Do you have a favourite alliance federation? Other then SCW of course.

HS: I do. I really like the concept of Premier Wrestling. The whole EU thing is very unique, holding shows in places others have never even ventured in. I think it's bold, it's brave and I keep my eye on them a lot. Their owner is a class act, top guy who's had nothing but good to say about Sin City Wrestling. He's a top guy and Premier is a top federation. I have nothing but great words to say about Premier, their owner, their wrestlers. This is a fed that could explode at any minute. If fans want an alternative to SCW, then Premier is what I would recommend

Paul: Would you ever consider working for them?

HS: Of course. I'm not sure if I would wrestle over there, but if they wanted me to do something on their show, I'd consider it considering there was no clashes with SCW. If they had a role they wanted me to take on, I'd give it a go. They're good guys there, I'd be glad to help them establish themselves any way I possibly can.

Paul: Onwards and upwards, let's talk London Brawling.

HS: Sure

Paul: Why London for this show?

HS: We got invited on a tour, we seem to have a big fanbase here, so we thought we'd test ourselves at a slightly bigger arena. The Royal Albert Hall allows just over five thousand and we have the biggest card we've ever had. We have great English wrestlers on the show, we could draw big and we have done. Not many tickets left. A show like this being a success will only breed more success.

Paul: You being on the card, considering your star power, is that another way to bring in the money?

HS: Gotta give the fans what they want and they wanna see me get battered all over the place.

Paul: What exactly is a London Street Fight?

HS: Christian will give Kain and I a location, we meet there and beat seven bags of shit out of each other. It's pretty simple. A referee will follow to declare me the winner and that's that.

Paul: Confident man.

HS: Of course. I know these streets well, I think I could handle taking on Kain on them.

Paul: Do you feel this will be your last match?

HS: I do, and I don't. I think this will be my last match for a while, but there's a match I've always wanted to do, and have done before, but I'd love to do it one more time.

Paul: What match is that?

HS: I can't really say, because this one will be hell to put together, but I know when I'd like to do it, I know where I'd like to do it. I know it will make a lot of money for all involved due to the pure drawing power in that one match. It's gonna take a lot of work to make this one happen. I think after that, I won't be tempted to come back to the ring. I say that now but some dick out there is bound to challenge me again. It tends to happen a lot. Everyone wants to know me off my perch, no one wants to go after Christian. I guess getting one over on me, means more to them then getting one over on Christian. I should be honoured really, but coming back here to wrestle, was not what  really wanted to do. I wanted to be the guy who made matches but ah well. I love a good storyline, keep getting drawn back.

Paul: People say your hard work on your promos are what brings the challenges on.

HS: Damn I was hoping it would scare people away. I know I'm the best at what I do. I know there's not a guy on earth who can match me. I put in the effort so I don't have to face these no name nobodies. I only face people who can give me a challenge, or there's no point. I face guys who wanna work hard to beat me, otherwise, makes the match a lot less special.

Paul: So you wouldn't consider a full time return to the ring?

HS: Probably not. If it got to the point of me not being the boss, I'd probably walk away and not worry about wrestling. It's not something I'd like to do full time, it's not something that I would wanna put myself through when  know I don't have to. I'm very well respected as a boss, so I think I'm at the point of that or nothing really. It's not like I'm broke and need to wrestle constantly. I may very well have had crazy times pissing away money like it didn't mean a thing, but I always kept money back. I'm early 30s here, I can retire from the lot straight up and never have to worry about a thing again concerning wrestling or anything else I choose to do. I do this for the people working for me, that simple.

Paul: So if people from the past didn't return, or the mix of the new generation, you wouldn't have any interest in doing this?

HS: Not in the slightest. People here have families to support, a lot made serious cash on their last big runs, but that was years ago. A lot of the people in the locker room that I knew from the past, need something to keep them ticking over and to be fair, SCW is plain fun. Going to work with people you've seen do crazy shit in the past is brilliant.

Paul: How do the new guys fit in to that statement?

HS: Well we all had to start somewhere and the passion and hunger with these guys are immense. Right now, they are in the best possible place to be because of the veteran stars we have. If you wanna be heavyweight champion material, look at Nick Jones, if you wanna know how to get in to peoples head, watch Spike. These young guys can learn from anyone here, trust me, they're in the best place known to man if they wanna improve.

Paul: Any predictions for London Brawling?

HS: Yep, I'm gonna win again.

Hot Stuff smiles

Paul: Are SCW running a Twitter campaign this time round for charity.

HS: No, but people can get #SaveKain trending if they want. He's gonna need saving after this show

Paul: Speaking of Kain, now that he has rejected your offer to improve himself with you, do you have your eye on anyone else to help?

HS: I always have my eyes open. I have three guys on the roster and a woman, packed with potential I'd love to help, but right now, I don't know if I will approach them. I must confess...

A strange look crosses Hot Stuff's face.

HS: That's it! Save Kain! Confess!

Hot Stuff stands up, pushing the chair backwards

HS: It's been great talking to you Paul, but I have to go. I just got an idea! Angelica will show you out.

Hot Stuff stands up, and walks quickly towards the door as the scene fades out.

The camera opens outside a church, a row of seats are seen in front of an alter, where a huge cross is depicted with the image of Jesus Christ, nailed to the cross, a few people sit in various places around the church. The camera moves around to a confessional box in the corner, past the alter and to the left. Inside the confessional box, the camera shows Hot Stuff Mark Ward, sitting looking serious.

"When was your last confession my son" a voice, of an elderly gentlemen behind the thin wooden wall replies.

"I'm not Catholic father" Hot Stuff starts "But I have something heavy weighing on my mind"

"What is your issue my son?"

"Father" Hot Stuff says "Does two wrong make a right?"

"In what sense"

"Well there's this man, this man is a monster, he is a demon and he needs to be stopped, I need to stop him"

"What has this man done to be labelled as a monster?"

"This man is young, not long past the age of twenty two, but he has done some terrible things, he has done unspeakable things to people, effected people he doesn't even know, all to feul his own personal self gain"

"And you feel the need to stop him?"

"I have to" Hot Stuff says slowly "The things he's done to the innocent, the people his effected, it's monsterous. I'm not a saint Father, I will never claimed to be. Many years ago, I had a wrestling match, and I ended the career of my closest friend by putting his head accidently in barbed wire"

"You said youself it was an accident, you should forgive yourself"

"I wanted to win so bad, I let it happen and a man's career disappeared before the world's eyes. A while after that, I willingly took a chair to another man's knee, ending his career too, to stop him becoming corrupted by the power and responsability he had at the time. He never stepped inside a ring again for six long years, I did that. I outed my close friends, live in front of thousands of people intentionally. I know you as a priest probably frown on that choice of life, but I did it, I ruined the reputation of one man to future my own career, regardless that this man had helped me in so many aspects of my life"

"Is this why you feel the need to deal with your monster now? As a way to make up for your past"

"No" Hot Stuff starts "This is because this man has brought everything on himself. He had the choices himself to step away from it, but he never. He had the choices to not mess with peoples lifes, but he chose to do so, and I must stop him from doing it again."

"What did he do that was so bad?"

"He took up fighting at a young age, illegal fighting, down back alleys and in underground locations. He hurt someone's son, brother, nephew for pure bloodlust. He broke mothers hearts by beating on their sons. He Never had to clean up the mess that he caused. If he put someone in hospital, he never had to see them the next day, he could walk away, but the poor mother of the man he hurt, the family. The man he viciously attacked could have had kids, but did he care? No, not one bit. If he was hurt, did he care about the people that cared about him? No, he didn't care, but his bloodlust was out of control."

"I..."

"His name is Alex Grayson. He used to be a computer nerd, spending all day long of computers, never having much of a life, the kind of guy you expect to be sitting in his mothers basement, with a nacho cheese stained shirt, talking about who was better, Mario or Sonic. The kind of guy who, if you'll forgive the expression Father, would jizz in his pants if a pretty girl even looked in his direction, but something changed in him, something stopped him pulling his plonker over internet porn. He brought upon a blood lust, something uncontrollable. He was a typical wrestling nerd, like every wrestling fan who wanted to be a wrestler, but wrestling is an art form, an art form I have perfected, but he went a different route with it, he went to intentionally harm people. He lost his soul, he lost emotion, he might as well as joined a gang"

"People deserve a second chance"

"He doesn't, without emotion, he is not human, if not human then he should not be amongst us. From sixteen, he was fighting in a cage with men twice his age, does that sound anywhere near normal to you? He is a man who has the mentality of a child, he thinks this is a computer game, but this is not Mortal Kombat, he can not switch this one off or have unlimited lives. This is not the land of make believe, this is not about killing whatever enemy a computer game says to kill, this is life. his actions do not go away by turning off a childish games system. Everything he has done has brought consequences upon others shoulders. He regards human life, like he does with his games, once they're dead, they're dead. This is not a way to live"

"A man who enjoys time off would not make him a monster"

"Oh but it does. He pulled a seventeen year old girl, a child, an innocent kid in to this lifestyle father. While he was travelling the country and injuring other peoples family, he pulled a young kid along for the ride. He drew away someone's potential to live a normal life, and made her in to arm candy for his ego, he forced her in to a life that no woman should be brought in to, especially one so young. Still in the rebellious stages, still trying to figure out what she wanted from her life, but he, Alex Grayson decided what was right for her. Neither were old enough to drink, yet they were in a world of scumbags, and she didn't have to be, he brought her there, for years, he gave her a life surrounded by the absolute scum of the earth. He robbed her of her youth and put her in that position. Can anyone who claims to know what love is, put their desired in a room full of pimps and whores baying for blood? He did this, he has been a vaccum for years, pulling people in to the pit of his own dispicable life."

"Erm..."

"It's ok father, you don't have to say a word. He got her involved in all aspects of his life. She ended up underground fighting too. Now he can't say she did it before she met him, because she was seventeen, no one will believe that bollocks, not for a second, she wouldn't have done it if he never took her in to that life. For this, he is a monster, for the life he's brought around people, he is a monster, for the blatent disreguard of life, he is a monster. He got his moniker from a computer game.... ok, that doesn't make him a monster, it makes him unoriginal, and a nerd, but not a monster, but for the way he's lived his life, he is a monster, and I must destory him, and rid him of that name, rid him of the past, do enough damage to him that he never has the chance to hurt someone's family again"

"Surely there are other ways to bring out a brighter side to him"

"It's beyond that. He doesn't even need the stupid moniker, but I tried to help him without the need of violence"

"You did?"

"I did. I offered him a chance to show his human side, to team up with me, to learn fromt he best that's ever stepped in to a ring, to learn that he can be as devestating as he is, but more controlled, show him the way to get his dream, but he rejected me. I think he doesn't dream anymore, because this offer does not come along too often, it was a chance to become human again and get all he desires the right way, but his over ruling beast inside took over and he attacked me, like the villian that he is. He reacted with violence rather then learn a lesson. Who's to say someone innocent won't end up hurt again because of the violence that seaps through his skin? I tried to take his darkness and show him the path to the top, to harness that aggression but he refused, and now I must stop him, I must put my soul on the line to restore his. He needs to see the misery he has caused and that is why I'm home, this is why I've come back to London father, come back to step in to his world, to take it to the street and show him that he is playing the wrong game, that he is no longer all them silly fake nicknames he gave himself. I need to show him father that the life he has chosen, doesn't come along without consequences to himself and the people around him. We all have to pay the final price in the end one way or another and next week, he will pay the price, he will pay for everything he has done. For all the families he has torn apart, for every bone he has broken, for every single time he looked down his nose at anyone, I will make him pay"

"Why do you feel you have to be the one to do this?"

"Because no one else can. Because he has spent his life just walking through people and I'm not a person you can just walk through, I'm not a person that will fall down under pressure, you see, I am what Alex wished he could be, all those times he turned off the TV after watching wrestling, all those times he went right to bed, closing his eyes and imagining himself dropping an elbow from the top, All those times he imagined he was the one superkicking someone, or hitting the big finishing move on someone, it's something I was doing for fun. When he dreamed of headlining the big main event, winning a title at the big main event, being coverted in glory, I was already doing it. I am everything he wants to be and so much more, I am his end game. I have done everything he wants to do, and he needed me, he needed me to show him how to do it, but he's not me, he's not as good as me, he will never be as good as me, he will never even come close to being as good as me. I have a soul, it disappears at times and for all the stuff he is, all the stuff he has become and all the stuff he wants to be, he does not deserve to ever be mentioned for being one of the greats, he doesn't deserve to even be mentioned as one of the best. We all do our share of good and bad, but you know, I don't think he has done anything good in his life, in fact, I doubt the selfish prick has ever done something to allow himself in to God's kingdom, I doubt he ever will."

"Everyone can redeem themselves"

"But not everyone will. He is one that will not and when his time comes, he will have to drop to his knees and search for forgiveness. If the rumors are true and you see your life flash before your eyes as they call your number, do you really think that he will see anything good in his life after all the stuff I just told you?"

"Well"

"And this is why I have to step in and stop the beast that is Kain. This is why I have to step in and stop this monster from taking over and living a longer life where he can cause pain and misery to so many others."

"Everyone deserves the chance to live"

"Not everyone deserves to live longer when their sole purpose on this earth is to make others unhappy. People who defend their countries deserve to live, but they come back to us in boxes. Why don't they deserve to live longer lives, while someone who causes nothing but misery and pain deserve to carry on as normal? This is why I must destroy that beast inside Alex Grayson, because Kain does not deserve to carry on. Maybe somewhere inside, under this hardened exterior, there is some good inside Alex Grayson, but Kain does not deserve to go on, he does not deserve to continue causing the pain he has caused. I must slay this beast father, I must rid the world of this disgracful man. I know I am talking about making another man suffer, like he has done to so many others, I know I am stepping on to his path to do this to him, which is why I beg that question father"

Hot Stuff pauses for a couple of seconds

"Do two wrongs make a right?"  
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!