Author Topic: Japanese Tea Ceremony  (Read 811 times)

Offline Vixen

• The Fox
    • View Profile
    • Vixen
Japanese Tea Ceremony
« on: September 15, 2012, 08:58:58 PM »
 A cameraman moves along a path between flowering trees in a Japanese garden.  In the near distance is a small tea house with an open door that invites one inside.  All the materials needed for a tea ceremony is laid out on the small table near a hearth where water can be seen to be boiling gently.  From the hostess position on the tatami mats, a woman in a cherry pink kimono with her hair pulled up in an elaborate hairstyle with silk flowers and tiny bells woven into it can be seen laying a white cloth over her arm as she calls the cameraman inside.

“Come on in,” she says in a soft voice, the slight French accent betraying her.  Vixen looks up with a smile as the cameraman fights off his shoes.  “I hope you don’t mind if I do my interview here since I have decided that I am going to have a tea ceremony with my friends I made when I was posted here with the army.”

The cameraman looks around and spies an older couple in traditional kimonos walking towards the teahouse.  The woman is quiet and reserved while the man has a large smile on his face as the two of them reach the teahouse.  Vixen gets to her feet and moves to meet them, receiving a hug from the old man.

“Konichiwa kogitsune-maru,” said the old man as he holds Vixen by the shoulders as he looks over the young woman.  “I have missed you.”  From behind her, the cameraman can be heard mumbling to himself.  “Kogitsune-maru…isn’t that the test on Star Trek?”

The pair turns to look at the cameraman who shrugs and looks guilty.  Vixen turns to the old woman and hugs her after offering her a low bow.  Motioning to her friends, she once more sits herself beside the hearth and begins to prepare for the ceremony.  Suddenly from the side, a musician begins to play a shamisen.

Vixen once more puts the white cloth on her arm once more as she begins to clean the tea bowl.  As the cameraman watches, she uses slow and concentrated movements to set the tea bowl down and picks up the tea utensil. “Uhhh Vixen, could we talk?  I mean SCW wants to hear from you about your match for the Bombshell Roulette title,” he says which draws her attention from setting the tea scoop that she is finished cleaning.  He lowers his voice a bit more as he leans towards the woman.  “I’m sorry but I had to ask you know.  They told me to be here you know and I figured well this was for an interview.”

Vixen looks apologetically to her friends.  Taking a slow breath, she motions for the cameraman to lean closer.  “Listen, this is important that for this you have to be quiet.  Give me a few moments to prepare this to do the ceremony but with my friend’s permission, I will do this interview once we are done.  Normally this is done with grace and especially quiet.”

The cameraman nods slowly as he leans back.  Vixen smiles as she picks up the tea scoop and adds the matcha to the tea bowl.  Scooping the hot water into the bowl, she picks up the tea whisk and begins to mix the tea.  Finally, she is finished and then politely bows as she offers the bowl to the old man.  Taking it, he looks at the bowl offering a murmur of compliments in Japanese.  Vixen smiles and bows again.  As she does, the cameraman fidgets as he is trying to relax and wait.  Noticing him, Vixen finally acknowledges him and points out of the room.  He heads into the garden to be followed by Vixen, holding the skirt of her kimono up to move faster.

“Okay, let’s get with this,” she says as she lets the kimono settle around her feet while the cameraman pulls out his camera and brings it up to begin filming her.  “Coming up at the Violent Conduct supercard here in Tokyo, I am going to be in the match with Karina Koji for the Bombshell Roulette title.  Now we all could know that she is probably going to be talking about the fact that she is a little left of center and very dangerous.  Great, I am looking forward to the challenge because you see this match is my chance to recover something that has been missing for a very very long time.  And that is the title belt that I know I deserve and trust me I am going to be getting here in Tokyo.”

The cameraman nods, his camera moving up and down as it films Vixen.   She smiles as she puts her hands together and bows politely.   “So Vixen, this is the sister of Aleksei Koji, one of your teammates in NXT.  Have you talked to him about what to expect from his sister?  And if not, do you think he has been asked by his sister about you?”

Vixen thinks about it for a moment then shakes her head negatively.  “I don’t think that Aleksei has told his sister anything about me and the method of my wrestling madness,” jokes Vixen.  “And I definitely won’t be asking Aleksei about Karina because you know what…I like being surprised, it makes it that much more exciting for me in the ring not to know what could be coming at me.”

“Really?!?” comments the cameraman with confusion.

“Of course not really,” Vixen says with a laugh.  “But seriously, I don’t think that I would be asking Aleksei anyways.  He’s got a big match coming up himself.  But that doesn’t mean I haven’t been studying Karina and watching just what she is capable of.  Listen, I have been training and listening to Spike’s advice about what needs to be done in the ring by each and every one of the members of NXT.  All of us are destined for titles here in Sin City Wrestling and come Violent Conduct that will be the night I will be taking the Bombshell Roulette title from Karina.” Vixen begins to slowly walk down the path towards a seat under a flowering tree.  The cameraman follows still filming as Vixen sits down.

“Vixen, I gotta ask,” begins the cameraman, “but what is that Kogitsune-maru thingie that old man called you?”

Vixen tilts her head and laughs.  “Bet you thought it was that Captain Kirk test from Star Trek didn’t you?”  The laughter grows as the cameraman blushes letting Vixen know he was.  “Just so you know, that my friend is the Kobayashi Maru test…Mr Yokohashi called me Kogitisune-maru.  It is the name of a famous Japanese sword called little Fox.”

“Ooooohhhh,” says the cameraman before scratching his head in confusion.  Taking pity on the guy, Vixen just holds up her hand and waves it slowly.  “Let’s not worry about the name, let’s just worry about what is going to be happening at Violent Conduct.”

“Okay, then let me ask you this,” he says.  “What is going to happen when you face Karina in a type of match that you won’t know until just before the match?”

“This match is not going to be too tough to figure out.  If you actually think about it, a Roulette title match is something that I have prepared for all my life.  This is a match that all my training in the military, all my fighting through life has prepared me for.  The question you should be asking is whether or not Karina is ready to face me.  I know she has been talking a great game, about how she figures the Bombshell roulette title is the better of the two here in SCW.  I can’t argue with her feeling that way but let me tell you that if I win…no, when I win the title at Violent Conduct, she is going to realize that NXT prepared me for a match that will be her worse fight in SCW.”

“We are in Japan,” she continues as she lets her hands lace together then lie in her lap.  “This is the place where deathmatches have reigned supreme.  Do you think that Karina is ready for that?  Do you think that Karina could be ready for a sumo match?  Can you imagine if it turns out that the two of us will be getting in the ring for a sumo match?  Honestly, there is nothing she or I can do to prepare for the match but I am ready to try any match, fight any fight that the wheel picks for this match.  When we step in the ring, this match is going to be me beating Karina, Karina beating on me and the better woman coming out of the match with the win and the title.”

“And that is going to be you right?” asks the cameraman with a smirk.  

“You are darn right it is going to be me.  I mean I can sit here and say the right thing, be the better person and say that it is going to be a tough fight but that would be too obvious.  I could sit here and talk down about Karina and say that I am the better woman.  I could totally be the…” Vixen stops then lowers her voice to say “ama and trash Karina completely.”

“Ama?” questions the cameraman.

“That is Japanese for…” Vixen says before lowering her voice even more.  “Bitch.”

“Gotcha,” he replies.  “You know how to say bitch in Japanese…that is cool.  So, you know the tea thingie, how to speak Japanese…or at least curse in Japanese, and all about Japanese wrestling.  So do you think that with all that Japanese whatchamacallit you are going to win the Bombshell Roulette title?”

Vixen gives the cameraman a look like he had grown two heads.  Thinking carefully, filtering just what she wants to say before she says it.  Before she does reply, the old couple walk up to her, the old man opening his arms towards Vixen.  “Kogitsune-maru, domo for the tea.  You stay sharp Vixen-san.”
The old man and old woman each give Vixen a hug before turning to shuffle off down the path.  Vixen once more turns to the cameraman and smiles brightly.  “That is one of the reasons I am going to win at Violent Conduct, the faith that those people have in me and I know they would be as proud as I would be to be the title holder.  So I want you to take this back to whomever wants to see it…After Violent Conduct, there is going to be a new Bombshell Roulette champion.  And it is going to be yours truly.”

With that, Vixen gets to her feet and with a very bright smile, brings her hands together and bows low in her kimono.  Straightening up, she moves off towards the teahouse as the cameraman films her.  Vixen stops and then with a smirk, she quickly turns again and then strikes a funny ninja pose before once again turning to walk towards the teahouse as the scene fades out.  
>