Author Topic: KAIN/MERCEDES VARGAS (c) v LACHLAN LNE/SIERRA W  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
KAIN/MERCEDES VARGAS (c) v LACHLAN LNE/SIERRA W
« on: October 28, 2018, 06:40:14 PM »
 Post all RPs here!

Word limit: 4k per character per RP period

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Zoey Lukas

• View Profile
    • Zoey Lukas
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 07:17:50 AM »
 Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada
Camera On [Off]  
2 Years Ago.

Knock Knock

The sound echoed through the small house in Thunder Bay. The heavy wooden door didn’t budge as a repeated knock sent another echo through. A male voice was heard as Sierra sat alone. Her hands flicking the polaroids. A younger looking version of herself. Perhaps 19 or 20 stares back with Carter. A much younger Carter 17 or 18. His hair cut short, no beard. His arms and upper body skinny and covered in a hockey jersey. His arm draped over Sierra’s shoulder, her long black hair tied up and away from her face.

She shakes her head turning to the next one. A similar picture only this one was a little later. Carter’s hand no longer draped over her shoulder as a friend, now it was around her waist. Curled on her hip. Sierra’s body pressed against his as her hand stayed over his heart. Sierra ground her teeth together letting out a growl, then she heard it as if snapping from a daze.

Carter Kennedy: Sierra I know you’re in there!...let me in!....

She scoffed and shook her head turning to another photo, a stab to the heart as he eyes moved over it. Carters lips were on hers, the photograph captured by a friend without their knowledge and given after as a gift. Sierra’s hands shook as she dropped the pile and turned towards the door, her voice deeper now with more base and anger, her French/Mexican mixed accent coming through stronger.

Sierra Williams: Well maybe if you had fucking come home to me like you promised I WOULDN’T HAVE CHANGED THE LOCKS CARTER….

Carter Kennedy: SI!...come on please...let me explain….Si!

He yelled louder, the neighbors no doubt heard and were getting ready to complain. Sierra just shook her head again as she looked at the pile of pictures she had just dropped on the small table. One hung out from the pile. Her hand drifted down, she gave it a small tug and raised it up as her hand met her lips. Sierra and Carter together, their hands interlocked around her midsection, she closed her eyes and took a sharp breath in trying to keep her composure.  

Carter Kennedy: Si…..do you still have that box?....

Her eyes sprung open, she tried not to look. Her heart pleading with her brain, begging it not to look. She turned her head to the dresser. There facing her was a small velvet box. Burgundy in color with a small gold trim, her mind flashed to the night Carter handed it to her, promising her someday he’d fill it with something for her. Her hands trembled as she turned and picked it up, her feet moving with purpose towards the door, he took a breath in and held it to her chest as her other hand laid flat on the wood.

Carter Kennedy: Si, I have what belongs in there, please….please open the door baby….

The walls crashed down as the cracks broke. She closed her eyes tight as tears flowed down her cheeks. She unlocked the door opening it slowly. She stood in a white sweater, black jeans, and her bare feet as the cold air rushed in. Carter stepped in and closed the door behind him, he took off his jacket and his hand drifted under her chin pulling her face to his. The second she saw him it all faded away. The hurt, the anger, the pain. It was all gone.

His deep brown eyes stared into hers and showed remorse, sadness and above all love. The shell Sierra has put up faded away and disappeared. She let out a small breathy sigh and looked away. Carter swallowed hard and grabbed her hands, the box cupped in there.  

Carter Kennedy: Marry me…..

She was unable to speak, instead, a few whimpers pushed from her body. She swallowed hard and tears flowed. Carter took her hand sliding the ring on her finger and then pulled her body against his. She wrapped her arms around him refusing to let go as he kissed her forehead.

Carter Kennedy: Is that a yes?/

Sierra Williams: Of course it is….you idiot….

They both laughed and stayed locked around each other. Carter swayed side to side as Sierra turned her head and listened to his heartbeat. After a few minutes, Sierra pulled back and wiped her tears from her eyes looking at her hand and the ring.  

Sierra Williams: What took you so long?....

They both laughed and Carter shook his head cupping her cheek before kissing her slowly as he pulled back he smiled warmly and looked deep into her eyes again.

Carter Kennedy: I just needed to lose you to know how much I needed you….I’m sorry Si, I love you…

Sierra Williams: I love you to Carter….I always did….

Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada.  
Camera On [Off]  
A few weeks later

She was so angry, her hands were shaking. The messages scrolled by. As her eyes took it all in. I miss you, Carter, they said I love you, Carter. The dates showed the time, the dates betrayed his lies. She dropped his phone and turned as he walked in with a smile. A smile that quickly faded as he saw her face and his phone. Carter swallowed hard and stuttered.

Carter Kennedy: Si I-

Sierra Williams: No….I don’t want to hear it…

She stepped forward handing him his phone, the screen now cracked. Her long blonde hair with red and black streaks flows down from under a black bandana tied around her head. Her bright blue eyes staring into his with a mixture of pain, embarrassment, and anger. Carter just stared blankly, embarrassed he got caught. He turned away unable to look her in the eye. Sierra shook her head and turned away, tears welling up in her eyes. They felt hot as they streamed down her face. Burning like acid along her pale cheeks. Carter stepped forward and put his hand on her shoulder. She shrugged it off and turned to slap him across his face.

Sierra Williams: DON’T!.....I don’t get it, Carter, I was gone, you wanted someone else and I was gone but you continually over and over again pulled me back in with your promises and lies. All I wanted was to be happy and every single time I went to move on you sabotaged it….DIDN’T YOU?...

He stayed silent, looking down and away. Sierra seethed. Her teeth grinding together as she burned a hole through him with her gaze. Her fists clenched together as her nails dug into her palms. Her engagement ring cutting against her flesh. Blood trickles from her hand and drops to the floor. Carter looks down and opens his mouth to say something. Before he can Sierra turns her hand taking the bloodstained ring off setting it on the table.  

Sierra Williams: I’m done, Carter…..I wanted you...I loved you. But this...I can’t do this and I don’t want to

Carter Kennedy: Si….come on..we can work this out….

She grabbed her bag slinging it over her shoulder, as she went to walk passed him Carter grabbed her arm hard pulling her back into a kiss. For a moment when their lips met, she forgot herself. Lost in the memories. She pulled back and swallowed hard shaking her head again. As he reached out for her she swung her fist connecting with his jaw. Carter stumbled back, Sierra growled her anger and stepped back towards the door.

Sierra Williams: Don’t try and find me, don’t come and see me, if you do happen to pick up the pieces of your career that you and that silly little bitch Ashley flushed down the toilet DO NOT contact me….

She opens the door stepping through, she chuckles and stops turning back over her shoulder with a smirk.

Sierra Williams: Oh and I know you never asked because you didn’t want to know, but yeah...Mik and I slept together….he is a real man...not a man-child like you...grow up Carter…..

Slam

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Camera [On] Off
Present Day

”Sometimes, “I told you so” just doesn’t cut it you know?”

Sierra Williams is the picture of confidence as she paces back and forth in front of her Calgary home. A red bandana around her head as her long black hair peeks out from under it. She wears a black Lachlan Kane shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans as she smiles and shakes her head.

”I stood here before Climax Control 220 and I told you all what Lach and I were going to do. I told you all and I told Kain and Mercedes and then when I got to the show I told you then too. But see, they both have this arrogance they carry with them. It’s not really a bad thing, I mean arrogance has done me well in my life and career. Knowing that you are better than someone, knowing how good you are and going out there and proving it is the greatest feeling in the world. I struggled and scratched and clawed for years and I was held back because of my former tag team partner. I had to sit back and watch as he made stupid mistakes. It wasn’t until I struck out on my own two years ago that I finally found the recognition I deserved and started making a name for myself….”

“But in Lachlan, I have an equal. I have a guy who is just as hungry as I am who isn’t dumb enough to make the same mistakes others have.”

“Now, Mercedes and Kain rightfully had confidence going into this match. I’m not going to begrudge them that. We came onto their turf, we had success in o9ther places. We were names in Canada, Japan, Europe, Mexico and a few companies in the states but we were an unproven and unknown commodity here in SCW. That is until we beat the champions. Now, before I get into all that I think maybe I need to explain the dynamic Lach and I have.”

“Lachlan is calm and honorable.”

Sierra smiles and blushes a little thinking about him, she clears her throat and shakes her head putting the “mean” face back on before continuing.

”He will go out there and be the calming influence on me and stop me from doing anything too, let’s say, drastic?. Then there’s me, I add the necessary anger and aggression to the team. I’d be just as comfortable punching either of you in the face repeatedly as I would trading arm drags and single leg takedowns. We have the perfect blend and we trust each other completely. We share a ring, we share a bed, we share a relationship that will go on long after our careers wind down. Do you two have that?. I mean I know I watched Kain give Mercedes a verbal lick and tickle in his promo but aside from a business relationship build on mutual masturbation what is it that you have as a bond?”

“You do have a few things in common, the mutual arrogance and championship history. But you also have something else in common. Being wrong. You said we had no chance. WRONG. You said we were against the wrong opponents. WRONG.. You were wrong.

She chuckles again and shrugs before mumbling under her breath in Spanish.

”Something caught my eyes and ears though. Kain, you stood there and said in the strongest of tones. “No, you will not win”. That sounded like a guarantee. That sounded like a certainty. And everything Mercedes decided to spew out amounted to “I am a god in SCW, I am unbeatable, look at these statistics”. You know the only problem with making certainties and talking like you’re unbeatable?. When you lose..like you two did...you look like a pair of assholes.”

“Or, in Kain’s case talking himself up like that and saying we consider him to be a “dark horse” makes me think something else about him. It makes Kain look like, a weak link. And hey man if you’re the best SCW has to offer to the point where you want to go after the world title and Fenir then maybe Lachlan is wasting his time going for those mixed tag titles with me and he should just go straight for that world title. Cause Lachlan is clearly twice the man you are. Just like I’m twice the woman Mercedes Vargas is…”

Sierra scoffs and folds her arms over her chest showing a certain attitude and swagger.

”See, Mercedes is someone who has had so much success that when she is presented with someone who is an equal or maybe someone who is better than her, her mind twists and contorts the truth. Mercedes beat Sam Tolson for that Honor title. You know who else has beaten Sam Tolson?. Me. Now, that list of people who have humbled that arrogant bitch is long and distinguished but it goes towards my point. I used to chuckle and laugh at Mercedes dragging Tolson around by her deflated ego. I used to laugh at the fact Tolson refused to admit Vargas could be better than her or her equal or give her props for beating her.”

“But now?...”

“Well all you have to do is look at Vargas’ attitude. Alicia Lukas beat her, she doesn’t acknowledge it, instead throws out random shit about win streaks, unpinned streaks and how great she is. And it’s not just restricted to her. Look at this past week. Lachlan and I beat her and Kain, and when presented with this fact. And it was a fact. Mercedes simply said. Lightning won’t strike twice. Really?. Really Mercedes?. Congratulations Mercy. You have become what you hate…”

“You have become Samantha Tolson…”

Sierra snarls and shakes her head knowing that one line will cut deep.

”I’m not going to deny you’re a great talent, Mercedes. I would never say that. In fact, for a time I looked up to you. But those who don’t respect the past are doomed to repeat it and you already failed that test. Lachlan and I will go into this match with confidence and with respect to your abilities as professional wrestlers. High Stakes will be a great night and it will be a war. But it will be a close war that could go either way. And either you accept that or fail. And then when you are standing there, without those pretty titles, what is it that you’ll say?. What statistic will you throw out there to avoid having to face your own insecurities and career mortality?.....this truly is High Stakes gambling….and I hold all the aces bitch”
>

Offline Kain

• View Profile
    • Kain
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 11:04:03 PM »
  For Alex, a loss is a loss.

He decided to get out his aggression in the most healthiest way possible.

Working out at a Gold's Gym at Los Angeles, closed to the public early in the morning, he was able to reserve the place for himself for a couple of hours. He could have spent time in his own gym, but he didn't want to stay too long in his mansion, for the feeling of having cabin fever would have slowly crept up on him and possibly driven him insane!

In his gym clothes, he is punching and kicking away at the punching bag furiously, thinking about the last match. He and Mercedes gave it everything they had and somehow, that team defeated them.

This time, it's going to be a different outcome.

Alex was seething with anger as he continued to punch away on the bag, thinking of a new strategy that will earn them the victory this time at High Stakes. Of course, it's going to be a difficult fight, one that will put them both to the test. But they were champions, after all, and they could handle a loss here and there. To them, they knew they would fight back even harder and saving the day yet again, on moments that actually DO MATTER.

After slaving away at the bag, the big, muscular Alex took his time with the weights, followed by cardio. No trainer would be with him. He knew how to handle himself. He was extremely confident going into this match and the added rage fueled his motivation to win. He wouldn't let a team like this win. Not again. Not after last time.

Finishing up his workout, he hit the showers, got himself dressed, grabbed his bags and headed out of Gold's Gym. He couldn't help but snarl. It was a reporter from Sin City Wrestling.

Rocky Mountains.

Can I have a quick word with you?

He looked up at the black sky that hasn't shone its true colors brightly just yet. The city was still bustling with activity, even at the early hours, but not much was going on. Alex, on the other hand, had A LOT going on. Unbelievable. How could she have known of his plans to work out? Only one person knew.

Lee, his butler.

She most likely went to the mansion, tapped on the door, encountered Lee, asked him where he was and he gave her the answer he needed. Didn't he tell him that no one should disturb him until he gets back? He's a bit too nice sometimes. Shaking his head with resignation, he sighed and walked over to Rocky, who was patiently waiting.

You want to know how I feel about the match last time?

How did you know?

Alex, the King Of Kings, smirked.

Because it doesn't take two and two to figure things out when it comes to you guys. Look, we screwed up. We failed. They won. That makes us mad. It makes us angry. Mercedes and I have a score to settle with those two and with the titles on the line, we are going to put it all on the line. This isn't just a show for the fans so that they can be entertained and get their money's worth. No, Rocky. This is going to be something different. High Stakes is appropriately named for this bout. Everyone has their reasons for being a part of it, old-timers or newcomers, and if the crowd were a betting group, they should place their bets on us. They got the victory last time. This time, we aren't just gonna get the win or the titles again. We are out for their BLOOD, you understand me? I'm going to give EVERYTHING I have to avenge my loss, embarrass them in the middle of the ring, crush them into oblivion, and walk away with the Mixed Tag-Team championship belts. Those belts mean EVERYTHING to us. I'm not focused on a possible bout with Fenir again for the title, but it is on my radar. Until that time, however, I'm focusing on the present. The present is what matters and I'm seeking to undo the damage that we were given. Mercedes and I are going to stop at NOTHING to win the match and keep our titles. Those two got the win. This time, it's going to be the biggest loss of their career!

He stepped closer to Rocky, who saw nothing but seriousness in his eyes as he stared at her.

Go to them. Tell them that the Grand-Slam Champions will be at High Stakes. We will destroy them. We will oblierate them. No melodrama. No stories. Nothing. This time, it's an all-out assault war against the both of them. No more niceties. No more pleasantries. Just a straight-up ass-kicking on the both of them. I can't wait to rip them apart and show the world that they truly had NO IDEA what was in store in them until it was too late. Once was enough. This time, we are gonna go in...FOR THE KILL!

Stepping away from Rocky, he walked down a few blocks and turned into the next corner, leaving Rocky to stare after him as the scene slowly fades to black.

Ain't it fun? Ain't it fun to hear your name called over the speakers, be addressed as the winners for a single match, and be handed a reward for it? You both went through it, so congratulations are in order. You beat us, fair and square.

That was then. This is now. And to be honest, telling us so isn't going to help your cause once again. This time, the outcome will be VERY DIFFERENT, believe me on that. That being said...

Sierra, you seem like a smart lady. You had a lot to say and you spoke it all with confidence. I don't begrudge you from that. But after everything you said about me and about Mercedes, I walked away with a few impressions of my own.

I mean, it seems like to me that you and Lachlan are apparently floating on Cloud Nine, like you're in a sense of euphoria and high hopes going into the next match. The truth is, all you did was gain a SMALL advantage over us. That's called momentum. You are going into High Stakes and now everyone from the highest buildings in the world to the lowest street corners in small or big cities are talking about how you and Lachlan are going to be the ones to dethrone us and take over the Mixed-Match Tag-Team champions.

I hate to tell you this, but all of that nonsense makes me laugh. Of all the stupidity and foolish words that comes out of people's mouths, it's those claims. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but just because you won ONE MATCH doesn't necessarily mean that you are just going to walk into High Stakes and win the gold like it's a walk in the park. That's how I view your words, nothing but overconfidence in your voice. On top of that, I also get the feeling that you are simply UNDERESTIMATING Mercedes and I. You seem to think that you hold all the cards and you think you can just cruise right on and steal the spotlight from us. I want you to keep that attitude in check, girl, because coming into High Stakes with that air of overconfidence and arrogance isn't going to hep you this time. You said it yoursef, arr ogance isn't a bad thing. I'm arrogant too and yes, I've said that you both had no chance.

Well, guess what? I'm not like other leaders out there today, at least I CAN ADMIT that i've slipped and fall. Clearly, our tango in the ring proved to us all that you emerged as the winners and we simply had to lick our wounds and start from scratch.

See, Sierra, I'm not stupid. I know when my arrogance comes into play and it may have been in the strongest tones indeed, but it sucks that we had to lose. Mercedes and I didn't do our jobs that night. Fine, you get the right to boast.

But that's the thing, chick. It was only ONE WIN. And it makes me realize just exactly WHO are the ones that will really fall this time. Yes, you heard me. You both are going to fall hard and crash deeply into the hard concrete. Blood all over the place, for sure, because Mrecedes and I are going to come back with a vengeance like nothing before. That was ONE BATTLE, Sierra, but this is a different kind of WAR. The tag-team titles are on the line and when Mercedes and I walk into that ring, we will have a new kind of purpose. We are going to address the matter at hand, take your beatings, deliver it back ten-fold. And when it's all said and done, you both will be the ones lying in the pavement. I'm not kidding anymore. This isn't a game, girl, this is where you have a chance to get the keeps for real. But we won't allow that to happen, Sierra, NOT FOR A SECOND TIME.

As I said, underestimating me is a BAD IDEA. Weak link? You're kidding, right? I've had my fair share of bad losses, but that's the one thing you need to understand about me, girl. I don't get mad; I GET EVEN. That means that I simply come back up, stand on my own two feet, and show you, with my actions, not just with words, that when things get tough, I get A LOT MORE TOUGHER and I happen to beat the odds in the life that I lead. So do yourself a favor - don't EVER call me the weak link of the two. Mercedes and I are not weak links, we are strong together and we will overcome this setback and retain our tag-team titles while forcing you two, a possible pair of assholes if I may say, back to the bottom of the food chain. Because we won't quit, we won't surrender, and we won't give up. It's not in our DNA.

I don't care about the relationship you have with Lachlan. I don't care about what it is you share with him. That was my fault, I happened to concentrate on something different when we last spoke.

I won't make the same mistake again.

My focus is on this match. Lachlan, Sierra, both of you will be outgunned, outmaneuvered, and played by the best in the world and what SCW has to offer. I want you to retain that cool, calm, confident sense of thinking. I want you to continue to believe that SOMEHOW, you have a chance in getting gold for the first time in SCW history. Because this time? This time, Mercedes and I are going to crush your dreams and we are going to make you regret the day you ever crossed us and won. Savor that moment, Sierra and Lachlan, because this time, payback is a bitch and it will be glorious. The Tag-Team titles will be retained and we will steal the show and give you something to worry about, because after last time? You guys won't stand a chance. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever.

Oh and one more thing, Sierra?

Do yourself a favor and stay out of my business when it comes to other opportunities. You need to worry about your own skin and your career, both of which will be destroyed by the time Mercedes is done with you. Believe me when I tell you, girl, she's out for blood and I don't blame her. She's going to rip you apart, piece by piece, and show the whole world why she continues to dominate your division. And while all that is unfolding before our eyes, Lachlan won't be the same. You're going to watch, in horror, I might add, as I slaughter the "calm and honorable" Lachlan Lane and decimate him for good. You did the wrong thing, you pushed us and now, we're going to push back. And we are going to HURT you, you understand me? Our rage is awakened and we won't stop until we get what we want. That's victory. That's redemption. Avenging our losses to you and winning the war. That's all that matters to Mercedes and I. And we will pack a MAJOR punch to you both like nothing before. You should have stayed out of our way.

You got lucky once. You won. Congrats.

This time, we are going to pluck your hearts out, make you bleed like stuck pigs, and have a feast as we devour you both up in every sense of the word. You wanted the best? We give you the best this time. And after this, boys and girls...there's no turning back.

For I am Kain....THE KING OF KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I......HAVE SPOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

SCW Accomplishments
X1 SCW Tag-Team Champion
X2 SCW Roulette Champion
X1 SCW Internet Champion

Offline Lachlan Kane

• View Profile
    • Lachlan Kane
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 11:54:21 PM »
 August 30 - 2:30 a.m.
Following Division: Battlefront IV
Bridgewater’s Pub, Philadelphia

He didn’t know how many glasses he had already drank, but judging by the looks the bartender kept shooting him, Lachlan figured it was more than a few. Also judging by the way that everything in his vision was more than a little blurry...

He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket for the fifth time in five minutes, but he didn’t even bother to check it. He knew it was probably one of two people, and neither one of them he wanted to talk to at the moment. After what had just happened mere hours ago at Battlefront, he was doing his best to wipe the night clear from his memory and pretend like it never happened. He signaled the bartender for another drink, but the man frowned at him.

I think you’ve had enough there, pal,” he said.

Lachlan slammed his hand down on the bar. “Look, I haven’t had a great night, alright? Don’t make it any worse for me.

The bartender shook his head, but ended up relenting and poured Lachlan another glass of whiskey. Taking the glass in hand, Lach downed nearly half of it in one swallow, wincing as it burned down his throat.

A hand on his shoulder made him glance to his right, where he saw a petite blonde woman giving him a flirtatious smile. He turned back to his drink, hoping she would take the hint that he wasn’t in the mood for company.

Hey there, hot stuff.” Clearly, she did not. “What’s a cutie like you doing drinking all alone?

Save it,” he grumbled. “I’m not in the mood.

Aww, that’s a shame,” she continued, pressing herself against his side. “You look like you know how to show a girl a good time.

At that point, Lachlan decided that his night was over. All he wanted to do was get back to his hotel and pass out. He threw a few bills down on the bar to cover his tab, and started to stumble his way towards the door. The blonde, however, wasn’t going to give up as easily as he hoped.

Where we headed, handsome?” she said, looping her arm through his.

He shrugged her off. “I’m leaving. You’re not going anywhere with me.

She pouted. “Huh, you’re not as fun as I thought.” With a huff, she turned on her heel and headed back into the bar.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Lachlan began making his way down the sidewalk. After a few moments of stumbling and nearly walking into three lightposts, he decided that maybe a cab would be a better option. He flagged one down and climbed into the backseat, giving the driver the name of the hotel and slumping down in the seat.

August 31 - 9:00 a.m.
The Logan Hotel

At first, he thought the pounding was all in his head. It certainly felt that way, as he rolled over to check the time on his phone. He groaned as the sunlight hit his face, wincing in pain as his head threatened to explode. Then he realized that someone was pounding on the door to his hotel room. He shoved the blanket back, realizing that he had fallen asleep in his clothes from the night before. He stood up and slowly made his way to the door, all the while the pounding growing louder and louder. “Christ Almighty, I’m coming!” he said as he unhooked the latch and swung the door inward.

On the other side stood a very livid-looking Sierra Williams.

Before his brain had time to process it, she had reared back and slapped him across the face. He stumbled back from the force of it, pressing a hand to his reddened cheek. “Bloody hell!” he exclaimed.

That’s what you get, asshole!” she said, clenching her teeth. “Taking off after the match and not telling anyone, ignoring my calls and texts...even Kasey didn’t know where you were.

Lachlan turned away from her and stalked across the hotel room, flinging himself into an armchair. “Maybe I felt like being alone,” he said. He knew he sounded petulant, but he couldn’t care less.

What the hell for?” she shot back, walking into the room and closing the door behind her. “What happened to all that crap about not letting the match change anything between us?

I wasn’t expecting you to throw my feelings for you back in my face!” he nearly shouted, wincing as the throbbing in his head increased. “I knew you were a bitch, Sierra...I just didn’t think you were heartless.

The room was silent for a moment, before she moved to sit in the chair across from him. Folding her hands together in her lap, she shook her head slowly. “You think I didn’t mean it?

He scoffed. “I think you used it as a weapon. Then again, I really should have seen it coming, shouldn’t I? Everyone said that you were just using me to get ahead. But I was the idiot and I told everyone they were wrong about you.” He let out a mirthless laugh. “Shows what I know. I’m just the dumb naïve kid.

Another beat of silence fell between them. “You really think after everything I’ve been put through by my exes that I would really use your love for me against you?” Sierra’s voice was uncharacteristically soft, showing a vulnerability that Lachlan had not seen from her. “I know what it’s like to have your heart ripped out of your chest and trampled on by someone you thought you loved. And despite everything inside me screaming not to put myself through this again...I ended up falling in love with you.

He lifted his head, staring at her in disbelief. “What?

She leaned forward, kissing him and resting her forehead against his when she pulled back. “I love you, Lachlan. You’ve been there for me when a lot of people would have walked away. You accept me for who I am, and you’ve never made me feel like I had to be anyone else but myself around you. Even though you’ve got sunshine and rainbows coming out of your ass and I’m...well, you said it. I’m a bitch.

He sat stunned for a minute before hanging his head in shame, pressing his face into the palms of his hands. “Lord Jesus, I really made a mess of this whole thing, didn’t I?

Yeah, you pretty much did. I had a whole celebration planned for us no matter who won, but you had to go all Houdini and get shitfaced without me.” She curled up in his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. “I know that maybe I didn’t choose the best time to tell you, and yes, I kind of did it to throw you off your game in the match, but I meant it, 100%.

He hugged her tight to his chest, burying his face in her neck. “I’m sorry I doubted you.

They sat together quietly for a moment, Lachlan rubbing Sierra’s back and her running her fingers through his hair, before she spoke. “Just so you know, I still think you’re a dumbass.

He chuckled, hugging her close. “Yeah, but I’m your dumbass.

----------
Present Day
Grey Eagle Casino
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

You may as well just call Sierra Williams and I ‘The House’, because we will win.

Walking onto the scene with a cheeky smirk planted firmly on his face, Lachlan Kane maneuvered his way through the crowds of the Grey Eagle Casino. He was mostly ignored by the people around him, with the exception of a trio of young women who giggled to each other as he walked by and commented on his “cute ass”. He just smiled and shook his head as he continued on.

The Irish fighter known to SCW (and at this point, the world) as “The Scrapper” was dressed casually in a pair of dark jeans, a black “Canadian Nightmare” shirt in homage to his lady love Sierra Williams, and his signature black leather jacket, finishing the look with a pair of red Converse sneakers. He slid his hands into the pockets of his jeans as he came to a stop in the middle of the casino floor.

Now, I realize that High Stakes is not taking place in Las Vegas, but rather Tucson, Arizona...which is kind of a wasted opportunity, if you ask me.” He shrugged his shoulders. “Oh well. Doesn’t matter where it’s being held, you’re still all going to get new SCW Mixed Tag Team Champions. After the show-stealing performance that Sierra and I put on at the last Climax Control, is there any doubt? Might as well just slap our nameplates on them right now.

He smirked. “Sounds pretty arrogant, right? I get that from Sierra. I mean, I’ve always been pretty confident in my abilities. But she’s shown me that I need to step it up a bit. I don’t just need to show that I’m one of the best the wrestling world has to offer, I need to tell them. Because some people just don’t  get it. People like Mercedes Vargas and Kain, for example. Despite their sound defeat at Climax Control, Mercedes tried to downplay our victory on Twitter. Saying that lightning won’t strike twice. Saying that our win was nothing but ‘beginner’s luck’.” Lachlan scoffed. “Sweetheart, we may be new to SCW, but Sierra and I are far from beginners. Between the two of us, we’ve wrestled all over the world. We’ve fought in tiny gymnasiums for a crowd of 50, to arenas packed with thousands. We’ve wrestled for nothing more that a chance to get our name out there, and now we’re collecting five-figure paychecks. We’ve fought hard to get to where we are today, and I’ll be damned if we’re going to be brushed aside like an afterthought.

He paced the floor a few times, as a few onlookers looked his was curiously.  No one was attempting to approach him however, either because they didn’t recognize him or were too intimidated.

For starters...My name is Lachlan KANE. Yunno, like the other guy in this match? Different spelling, same pronunciation. It’s not really a difficult name to remember. Then again, when you spend all your time in the gym getting freak-level muscles, it’s a bit hard to exercise your brain, right?” Lach chuckled slightly. “Alright, that was a bit low-brow, I apologize. But I didn’t pour my blood, sweat and tears in rings all across the world for this industry for people to get my name wrong. And after High Stakes, I’m going to make sure that you remember who I am. You’ll be hearing that name all through the arena once the match is over, and Sierra and I are being announced as the new Mixed Tag champs. We were denied our opportunity for gold in Division, but we won’t be now. We’re going to lay claim to those belts, and we are going to run this company, whether you like it or not. I get that you two probably have a bit of a chip on your shoulder, thinking that these two newbies to the company shouldn’t be getting this opportunity right off the hop, but the fact of the matter is that the higher-ups know that Sierra and I are two of the foremost athletes in the world right now. They know that with us in the company, this place is going to become the hottest ticket. And when the two of us claim those belts...the stock value of SCW is going to skyrocket. Everyone will want in on this company with the two of us at the forefront. Division was well on its was to becoming a global sensation, before its unfortunate setback.”

He stopped pacing, squaring his body right in the centre of the camera frame. “Sierra may have called me the calm and honorable one, and for the most part she’s right. I’m not the kind of guy to take shortcuts in a match. I give respect where it’s due.” His expression went unreadable, but there was no mistaking the glint of determination in his baby blue eyes. “But that only goes so far. When someone blatanly disrespects me, it all goes out the window. And to be honest, I feel a little disrespected. So come High Stakes, Sierra and I are going to make sure that Kain and Mercedes, the two of you know that sometimes...lightning really does strike twice.

With another little cocky smirk gracing his handsome face, Lachlan strolled past the camera as it faded out on the image of the casino floor.

OOC: sorry the ending is a bit rushed, wanted to get this up before first deadline.
>

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 11:58:37 PM »
 Stand and Deliver
P H O E N I X • A R I Z O N A

THERE WAS A LOT OF LAUGHTER AND SMILES AND HIGH-FIVES AT LEAST FOR ONE TEAM THIS NIGHT, the exact opposite of what was happening down the hall where another team was left dejected. It’s the difference between winning and losing.

Team Eggplant, the team of Lachlan Kane and Sierra Williams, were winners tonight. They won their debut and kept Brooke Saxon's plans for a World Mixed Tag Team Championship match at High Stakes in play with a upset over the reigning champions Kain and Mercedes Vargas, who lost a non-title match after winning the titles for the first time. As you would expect, the outcome left a bad taste in their mouths, more so for Mercedes as she was prevented from becoming the winningest female wrestler in SCW history for the second time in three weeks, which means she was still tied for the record, which means it's been four weeks since that happened. Which means Roxi Johnson can breathe a little easier for another two weeks. Which means there was only five shows left to close out the year.

It's safe to say that Mercedes was running out of time, out of chances, out of excuses.

And if Lachlan and Sierra's convincing win was anything to go by, maybe running out of luck too. Bad luck or good luck, that was to be determined but if she could get through this, she could get through anything. If she can just make it through the next three weeks, she can make it through anything. Tonight was a setback, but every setback was only a setup for a comeback. High Stakes would be the scene for that to happen. High Stakes is also where she's had her best moments. She wouldn't be entering the supercard wearing a championship for the third time or wrestling her overall fifth championship match in six years for no reason. But if there was any reason for uncertainty, any reason to fear or doubt her opponents or even Kain as her tag partner - which most opponents have and still continues to do so - now would not be that time. Just when everyone thought she was dead in the water, that her glory days has long passed her by, she continued to defy the odds. It's a testament to how much she's endured over the years in SCW.

There's no rest for the weary. High Stakes would be here before she knew it and if she intended to walk out still champion on the same night she would be inducted into the Hall of Fame, she needed to call in a favor to Big Match Mercy. Looking past this match would prove fatal. This was no time to put the proverbial cart before the horse. Because there was someone more than willing and able to overturn that apple cart. And so now it all comes down to this. They will meet one more time. Lachlan Kane and Sierra Williams have been christened the next challengers to the World Mixed Tag Team Championship, and now things are much more dire. The challengers, ever confident, know each passing day fuels their believe that they're more than capable of knocking off Kain and Mercedes from the top. What was once an off chance that the night after High Stakes they might not be champions anymore has turned into a scary proposition that just became all too real after tonight and something she dare not even think about two weeks from now. New found guts and determination fuels their passion to reach the ultimate goal. They believe an upset is possible. It was up to Kain and Mercedes to prevent that from coming to pass.

The question is simple, at least it's supposed to be: Who will make history and who will end up as a footnote. Only two weeks will determine that answer. Determined challengers meet resilient champions. Mercedes was ready to give everything that she had not because she wants to but because she has to. Which is why every remaining day of her reign will be something to savor. If anything, however, she wasn't ready to relinquish her grasps on the tag titles just yet. Just as Lachlan and Sierra would throw caution to the wind and seize on the golden opportunity, she was just as more to end it, kill it, stamp it out just to make it through one more day as champion.  

For six years in Sin City Wrestling, Mercedes has earned a reputation as someone no title holder wanted to face. She's ended title reigns, numerous times, but now she gets to be the hunted, the prey, the one everyone is chasing after. She's been there too, being chased and often succeeding to turn away challengers, but will this test prove too daunting? Contrary to popular belief, the first defense is always the hardest. Actually, no defense is ever easy, but especially the first one.

Mercedes has been on the mountaintop many, many times before. It's a lot of hard work to stay there than it is having what it takes to get there. And even then it's more so mental than physical. That's the real challenge. Feeling physically drained yet pushing through to the end, exhausted and tired beyond belief. This is what a champion goes through. What every champion right now in SCW is goes through. No matter how tough they may seem or good enough not to show it, the signs are there nonetheless.

Amid the fatigue, the burden, the expectations, the doubters, critics and naysayers and detractors, her will to win is what drives her forward. Failure was not an option, not when she was so close to putting the finishing touches toan otherwise standout career. She needed to win, she had to win. And she will, by any means necessary. Because it was necessary. She wouldn't accept anything less. When it all came down to it, she knew it all came down to one thing.

To prove once again Mercedes is the one to beat, she will need to return to the championship excellence that has guided her throughout her career. Now more than ever.

~~~

Blog: Almighty Fire: Redefined the Fourth
semana del 28 de octubre al 3 de noviembre de 2018

Five days have come and gone since the go-home Climax Control from Phoenix and, I have to tell you, I didn't enjoy the return flight back home. I know a couple of people who did enjoy their flight back home, though.

Lachlan Kane and Sierra Williams.

Credit where it's due, they did it. They won. They did what they said they were going to do and lived up to theirs and Brooke Saxon's and SCW's expectations. Congratulations, you two. Job well done.

Now comes the easy part.

In less than two weeks, Kain and I put  our titles on the line for the first time since we won them back at Violent Conduct by beating two teams less than two months ago. We don't have to worry about that this go around because we only have to beat just one team. A team that feels mighty confident right now and honestly I can't really blame them. They've gone on social media vowing to take our titles and I wouldn't be surprised if they have the entire roster behind them. You read the hype to our match and it says we're "vulnerable." Vulnerable to what, I don't know, but it definitely isn't to Lachlan and Sierra. After reading that, this just makes Kain and mine jobs a little more easier next Sunday because as sure as my name is Mercedes, Lachlan and Sierra's dreams of ending our reign will be just that, a dream. A fairytale. A figment of their imagination. High Stakes seems so fitting now because it only gets worse before it gets better. Consider the stakes raised.

They say pressure burst pipes or make diamonds. The thing is you've only just begun to shine and you have a long ways to go before that happens. Kain and I will have long crushed your hopes and dreams of touching these titles leaving only the choice of carrying replicas from the merchandise table at shows now because that's as close as you'll ever going to get to wearing the real thing. Don’t worry your pretty little head, though. You will come back from this somehow, and at least you got to see the real thing last show. You will see those titles again at High Stakes when we walk down the ramp wearing them around our waist or shoulder, whichever we feel to place it that night. The referee will let you see it before he raises it in the air letting the crowd know what's at stake, and when you come to after being defeated - and this is my favorite part of show-and-tell - you'll be conscious just enough to see those same titles back in our hands and we see your tears reflected through it before we raise them over your head.

Quite a visual, huh? What happens to Lachlan will be worse. Don't expect a short match because after what happened last show, he's going to be in for a long night and, well, Sierra, the options aren't really that great either. Either he's going have an overnight hospital stay in his future, or you're going to end up a widow, whichever comes first. There's nothing you can do about it either, so don't tempt fate. Just accept it.

Just like you have to accept that against me, sweetheart, you don't stand a chance. It doesn’t matter where you’ve been, what you’ve done, who you know or what your last name is. There's always someone who's going to be better than you. Better to know and be disappointed than to never know and always wonder. There's no need to because at High Stakes, the last word won't be spoken but it will be made loud and clear and for the world to hear when I send you back to Canada in a pinebox.

They'll see the maple leaf on the shipment, trust me.

Unlike you, I can walk the walk, and I can back it up. Against me, you're a cripple. At least, you will be. At this stage of my career, I've practically done it all. Now I get an opportunity to make history. And when it comes to history, I wrote the book. And this time, I'm personally going to make you a footnote on my night, Sierra. You won't get the satisfaction of leaving Tucson with the titles I've earned through hard work and endeavor just because the general manager has made you and your husband her flavors of the month.

Granted, whether I like it or not, whether I believe it or not, you're the number one contender's. You've earned the right to face Kain and I, there's no denying that. And because of that, you've now earned the right to lose to us too. But wait there's more. You also earned the right to be inducted into a prestigious list where only a select few are chooses for. Guess to care what that is?

It's a place into my personal Hall of Fame: my checklist.

And with, there isn't much more to say other than what I always say.

Estar preparado para lo peor, esperar lo mejor."
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Y que la suerte está siempre en su favor.
And may the odds be ever in your favor.

~~~

Smile Because it Happened The Eighth: Look What You've Made Me Do The Sixth: Outliers Part II
Present Day • S A N T A M O N I C A • C A L I F O R N I A

[REC]

"Some things are better left unsaid, but you can bet I'm going to say it anyway. I can't help being who I am."

Mercedes looks around, admiring the   Los Angeles sunset from her window. She thumbs through her smartphone and holding coffee to go. Despite the sun being out, she has sunglasses pulled down over her head.

"Every champion has an off day. And a sign of a good champion is the ability to grind out victories on those off days and at the end of the day, Kain and I are still the champions so, yeah, I’d count that as a victory. But something just isn't kosher. We've been on the same side seven times. And yet, for the fourth time, including three this year, I was left there to watch in dismay. So, I'm wondering to myself what do I have to do to make sure what happened at CC 220 doesn't happen again at High Stakes?"

]Mercedes gives a thoughtful gesture to this very perplexing question. Because it was just as much an anomaly to everyone else.

"If there’s one thing I've learned it’s that I can’t have anything. Focus on a few things really well. As it turns out, I'm really good at this wrestling thing. But I didn't just win these tag titles on my own."

She taps the plating of her set of the World Mixed Tag Team Championship that rests on her shoulder.

"It took a team effort. And, yeah, while we don't have the unity unlike the other mixed tag teams, the same can be said for a few of them. But when has stopped me before. Kain and I are just as deadly on our own then we are together. How do you think we accomplished so much in our respective careers? It's just as well. We've got ourselves quite a battle at the final supercard of the year, and a I wouldn't have it any other way. I live for matches and moments like these. And we're to make another moment at the expense of..."

Mercedes uses air quotes.

"Team Eggplant."

She raises her hand in indignation.

"Bonus points for originality, guys. Not even going to ask. But, Sierra, let me ask you this: You say you've been doing this for seven years and in all that time traveling to high school gyms, armories and bingo halls, you never won a championship. Really, not even one? I don't know, Cici. Maybe this isn't so much a case of bad luck than it is you not being good enough. Not that you don't show a lot of promise, not that I'm saying you don't have potential or that you don't have heart. But heart can only take you so far, potential won't stand a chance against the most dominant wrestler in SCW, your determination, spirit, and will will be crushed, and promise won't save you from becoming the next name on my checklist. 40 women I've defeated in the course of my career.

"How long have you've been in SCW? Less than a month. I’ve been here for over 6 years. I've been in the ring with and beaten champions and Hall of Famers. I defended a championship once for 175 days. I have broken bones and broken records.  You are not the norm, you are the exception. And you may have talent, no doubt about that, but our talent is galaxies apart. You want to talk about traveling the world? Sweetie, you're Dora the Explorer, I'm Carmen Sandiego. This isn't a contest. Certainly not a close one.

"I'm returning to Tucson, Arizona for the fourth time in my career in SCW. You want to know what those previous three visits have in common? I've never lost. You're thinking you're going scorched Earth in SCW? You're just going to come in here and take our titles because you say so? Maybe Division shouldn't have closed up shop when it did because if that wasn't the case you would probably write that final chapter. Because it damn sure won't be starting in SCW. Not at our expense."

Looking deadset into the camera lens, her voice drops to a whisper though her words hold conviction behind them. She pauses, mostly for dramatic effect.

"You won the battle, you haven't won the war.

"You know full well that I have never been about half-measures. All out or nothing. I'm giving my all and I'm holding nothing back. I won't be leaving anything less than World Mixed Tag Team Champion and if you don’t believe me, you better just watch me.

"At High Stakes when we leave The Desert, the only casualties found there will be yours. It will be the night when I become the winningest Bombshell of all time, the winningest Bombshell on pay-per-view, and the night I'm inducted in the SCW Hall of Fame and you're not going to ruin this for me. I've earned the right to call myself the most accomplished wrestler, not just in the Bombshells Division, but WRESTLER in all of SCW. And when, not if, but when Kain and I turn you away, it's the back of the line for you, it's back to square one, it's back to the drawing board. Hey, we'll even get that ball rolling for you."

"You know what they say: if you're as good as you claim to be always bet on yourself. The stakes are high, but so are the risks each I'm are willing to take for the task at hand. You want to win your first championship, I want to avoid that from happening. Something has to give. I don't like to gamble, but if I did, I would have to say that your odds of beating me are slim to none. I have to say that your odds are not in your favor but please, place your bets now, you place your cards on the table, but you're forgetting one thing: the house always wins."

Mercedes lifts her championship from over her shoulder and holds it in front of the camera in victory before blowing a kiss to the camera and turning to leave.

***Fade***
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:18:37 PM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)

Offline Zoey Lukas

• View Profile
    • Zoey Lukas
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 03:39:33 AM »
 La douleur de la perte n'est jamais surpassée par les opportunités de l'avenir

Atlanta Georgia  
Camera On [Off]
2 Years Ago.

She bit her nails obviously feeling nervous. He looked at her with a strange raised eyebrow. Her hand moved away from her hand as her bottom lip curled as she bit it. Mikhail laughed to himself as he sat coolly across from her, his large muscled and tattooed arms being shown off by his black sleeveless “Rammstein” top

Mikhail Reinhardt: As much as I enjoy staring at you dear you need to talk…..

Sierra looked down and clasped her hands together sliding forward. She took a deep breath before sipping some water.  

Sierra Williams: I’m sorry I’m just rather embarrassed….

Mikhail Reinhardt: embarrassed?..why?

She looked around and took another drink of water. Her hand shaking a little as she scratched the back of her neck, her bright green eyes darting left and right.

Sierra Williams: Going back to Carter...running away as I did I-

Mikhail Reinhardt: You don’t need to apologize, I understand…

Sierra’s eyes widened as she sat back.  

Sierra Williams: You do?....how?

Mikhail Reinhardt: When we spent time together and we were in that hotel room, you were always distant and I was...not in a good place…

She nods slowly and swallows hard, her mind flashing back to that night. Mikhail obviously affected by something.

Sierra Williams: I still should have stayed. I had something good with you and I walked out when you needed me all because of Carter. Because of misplaced loyalty and being gullible to believe his lies.  

Mikhail chuckles and runs a hand through his beard as he slides forward.

Mikhail Reinfeldt: Sierra, we can all fall under influences it’s not your fault...besides if I didn’t think there was a future with you and I didn’t want to see you do you really believe I would have come?....

Sierra Williams: I suppose not. Mik, I don’t know what we are yet, I know I want to spend time with you, I know I want to be more than friends….

Mikhail Reinhardt: What’s stopping it?...I’m here….I’m ready….

She smiles and clears her throat moving her hand over his.

Sierra Williams: Thank you…..

Mikhail Reinhardt: Come….I'll take you somewhere nicer than….this….

She laughs as he gets to his feet helping her up, as they turn he puts his arm over her shoulder, Sierra looks at his hand and grabs it leaning on his shoulder with a happy smile as they leave together

“The Keg” Steakhouse and Bar Thunder Bay Ontario, Canada
Camera On[Off]
2 Years Ago

Music blared from the jukebox as the bar seemed full almost to capacity. Tables full of laughing patrons, burgers, fries and beer. Leaning back against the bar was Sierra Williams. Her hair out under her familiar black bandana. A black leather biker jacket over a pink fishnet top and a black top underneath. A pair of black skin-tight jeans showed off her hips and legs. A beer in her hand as she looked out across the floor.

She smiled and put her beer down suddenly running across the floor through the crowd, she squealed and jumped into the waiting arms of Mikhail Reinhardt wrapping her legs around his midsection into a kiss. Regulars of the place seemed to laugh and a few wolf whistles were heard. Sierra smiled as Mikhail let her down to her feet, her black boots clunking against the hardwood floor as the music kept blasting.  

She took Mikhail's hand leading him over to a free booth, he sat down and Sierra slid onto his lap.  

Sierra Williams: Nice to see you found the place, your stuff all settled in?

Mikhail Reinhardt: Ja love, it’s all set up.

Mikhail's hand wrapped around her midsection as her hand cupped his face giving him another slow deep kiss, as she does the jukebox changes songs as “I love rock and roll” the real Joan Jett and the Blackhearts version, not that horrible Britney Spears abomination plays. Sierra laughs and moves a little on his lap before getting up.

Sierra Williams: Beer?

Mikhail gives her a small nod and Sierra moves through the crowd of people as she stops and sings the chorus with a few local girls. She makes it to the bar and calls the bartender over, she whispers in his ear and laughs as he goes to grab the order. Sierra can’t help herself and starts dancing moving her hips. Suddenly before the beers arrive she feels a hand on her ass. She spins around and gets in the guy's face, a few of his friends laughing behind. Before she knew it Mikhail was there, his long undercut tied up and high.

Mikhail Reinhardt: You have five seconds before I make this the most painfully embarrassing night in your pathetic existence.[.color]

There was laughter, Mikhail snarled behind his beard, his hands balled together in fists as he slowly took his denim vest off, complete with metal patches his upper body covered in a black sleeveless top. He tilted his head with a growl, Sierra quickly stepped in placing her hand on Mikhail's heart.

Sierra Williams: Boo, there is no sense in getting into fights with the local morons…..besides…

Sierra suddenly turns and hits a hard right hand to the offender's nose, a loud crack under her fist as it breaks and blood splatters across the bar. Sierra straightens her jacket and turns back to Mikhail.

Sierra Williams: I can take care of myself…..

Two beers got put on the bar as Sierra grabbed them and handed one to Milk, a smile returning to her face as Mike looks down at the carnage caused, the guy's friends dragging his semi-conscious body out of the bar as a few of the locals just laughed and jeered. Sierra then smiled sweetly offering to cheers Mik, he raised his beer to her and took a drink as Sierra downed hers right away.  

Sierra Williams: To new beginnings...

Thunder Bay Ontario.
Camera On [Off]
3 Years Ago

Sierra’s hands shook as she took a deep breath. Her nervous energy obvious to anyone who walked past. A cigarette stayed between her long slender fingers as she took a puff, the end shortening as she inhaled and held the smoke in. It burned down her lungs and stayed before she pushed it out. The cold morning air swirling the smoke upwards. Sierra only ever smoked when nervous and today she was. Her heart raced, her body shook, she looked around in a fragmented way.

All of it was killing her softly. She turned and noticed a car, her hand moving towards the brick wall she was perched on as she put out the smoke. She slid down onto the concrete and moved along the path putting her hands in the front pockets of her black hoodie, her bottom half warmed in a pair of faded black jeans, her black combat boots hitting the ground hard.

Jade: MOMMA!

Sierra smiled wide, her arms shooting out as she dropped to her knees catching the small girl as she ran into her arms. Her mousy brown hair tied in a high ponytail her soft facial features similar to that of Sierra, after a long hug Sierra pulled back with a smile kissing her on the forehead. She looked up with a frown as she got to her feet, in front of her stood two men, an older man with a briefcase in a suit and one who looked to be mid to late 20’s, short spiked up black hair in casual clothing.

Sierra Williams: Donovan….Mr. Hatch….

She gave them both a quick nod as her daughter clung to her leg. Sierra swallowed hard as she sat back down on the small brick wall lifting Jade onto the side with her. Jade smiled at her mother, Sierra smiled back but her eyes seemed to puff up a little she noticed Mr. Hatch staring at her, he raised his eyebrows and Sierra gave a small nod looking at Jade.

Sierra Williams: Honey I have to speak to Daddy’s friend why don’t you go play and we’ll go for breakfast after ok?

Jade: Ok Momma….

She jumped down and took her father by the hand. Donovan just gave an arrogant smirk and laughed as Sierra felt uneasy. Her stomach folding over as Mr. Hatch seemed to sigh showing annoyance at Donovan's attitude. He looked back at Sierra, his dark brown eyes showing a sadness and a regret. Sierra dropped down and took a deep breath.

Mr. Hatch: Miss Williams I….I don’t know how to say this. But Mr. Nicholls has challenged the visitation...he’s claiming you’ve relapsed and-

Sierra Williams: WHAT?..no no no sir. This can’t...I haven’t. I haven’t touched that stuff in five years. I’ve been clean and sober...you can’t-

Mr. Hatch: It’s been done. Donovan says he has proof. And until your day in court all parental rights have been suspended, Miss Williams.  

Sierra starts to hyperventilate. Her chest heaves up and down as she shakes her head. She looks over at Jade, her little face a ball of happiness and light as her father pushes her on the swing. Sierra goes to walk to her but stops before burying her face in her hands, her heart beating fast and feeling as if it’s going to explode.

Sierra Williams: Wait...I can’t take her with me today?...but I just promised...I….I can’t….

Mr. Hatch: I’m afraid you have to leave. You cannot have contact with her until your court date….

Sierra Williams: No...please...PLEASE you can’t...she won’t understand she’ll think I didn’t want to see her please...just let me….

Mr. Hatch: I’m sorry...I’M SORRY...Miss Williams...there is nothing I can do...just be at the district court next month….

Mr. Hatch turned and walked towards Donovan and Jade, Sierra stepped back and as they walked away she could hear Jade’s cries, Sierra collapsed behind the wall pulling her knees to her chest, the tears rolled free, they moved down her cheeks as she rocked back and forth, her arms shaking as she looked at the date on the summons, the evidence needed. Sierra felt it build, the anger, the hate. Jade was gone...she felt it well up and break in the back of her mind before letting out a primal scream.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Camera [On] Off
Present Day

“Are we really shocked?”

Sierra smiles to herself and runs a hand through her long black hair, it just flows down over her shoulders and back as she moves across the front of her home almost pacing looking irritated.

“The wrestling business is a fickle shitty place. Everyone is so concerned with clutching and holding onto their spot that they can’t actually see their nose in front of their face. Mercedes Vargas and Kain are two such people. Names who have made themselves close to legends in SCW. Hell Mercedes is going into the SCW Hall of Fame. And that is A HUGE accomplishment. In fact, it’s another awesome thing she can put in her long, obnoxious bio. I understand why Kain and Mercedes are so angry and bitter. They have been two of the bigger names here with title reigns and big wins and now people like myself and Lachlan come along and light the world on fire.”

“We have walked up to the roulette wheel, put it all on black and watched as the ball turned and fell. And people like them, they can’t handle it. They like being the biggest baddest dogs in the yard and can’t stand when people who are their equals, or superiors walk into the company. And that’s an issue cause when they are beaten when they are bested. Like they were in our debut, their fragile little egos can’t stand it.”

“I saw it in Kain’s eyes when he cut his little promo. He was so angry about what I said prior to our tag match and what I said in my last promo that he felt the need to try and point out where I was wrong. Instead of just hyping himself up, hyping his partner up he went through and decided to play counterpoint. It’s a shame cause for a moment when Kain was telling us all how Mercedes was amazing and a legend and a dominant force in the “bombshells” division I actually believed him. For a split second I thought to myself, ya know maybe it was just an off night. Maybe Kain and Mercedes will just steamroll over myself and Lachy at High Stakes.”

“But then, I snapped back to reality.”

“Reality seems to be a concept that you and Mercedes both struggle with. Fact Kain, you and Mercedes got beaten. You can call it a fluke you can say it won’t happen again but the fact remains that when High Stakes comes and goes and you two are now titleless you will have no soft landing. You have made all these promises of violence and you got so offended by me calling you a weak link that you have backed yourself into a corner. See now, now it’s a case of win or your already fractured reputation breaks and shatters into a million little pieces…”

Sierra laughs to herself and shakes her head again grumbling in Spanish under her breath.

“If you beat Lachlan and me then all you’ve done is prove that apparently, we don’t belong in the ring with you which makes the fact we already beat you even more shocking and makes the loss humiliating for you two. And I guess it works both ways too. I told you, I FUCKING TOLD YOU that Lachlan and I were not to be underestimated, I told you that I was dangerous and damn good at what I do. I told you Lachlan was an amazing talent. You still ran your mouth. You still didn’t want to believe it “Alex”. And now here we are ready to go to war again and you want to flip our win on its head, turn that mirror around and tell us to look at ourselves because it was “one single match”...”

“We live our lives week to week, match to match. And while I am damn proud Lachlan and I got the win in our debuts against two current champions who have also held singles gold and one of which is a Hall of Famer I’m also not foolish enough to wipe my hands and say “well the job is done”. This next match is a restart. It is a new day and a new chance. We will not forget what we learned facing you, we won’t forget we now have a slight mental edge over you and Mercedes, BUT, when that bell rings and we go at it again, it will be on even footing.”

“Now, if you can also just look in the mirror and stop the amazingly boring monotone delivery of your facts and arrogant douchebaggery, that would also be great.”

“I tried to make it all the way through and honestly all I got out of it was “Your win was a fluke but congratulations, I’m a boring douchebag, and I want to get in Mercedes panties but I’m so deep in the friend zone getting tagged in the match makes me hard.” Really, riveting stuff. I would recommend getting a manager or letting Mercedes do all the talking, cause Kain, buddy, while wrestling is something you are obviously good at. Talking?. Seems to be a bigger L for you than the one Lachlan and I gave you at Climax Control…”

Sierra raises an eyebrow and laughs to herself.

“And speaking of talking, Mercedes Vargas. Mercy, next time you and Kain feel the need to cut promo’s can I suggest you two get together. Go over your notes and split up the plot points on who and what you’re going to talk about to0 avoid any crossover. “Blah blah, congrats. Blah blah, we’re better, blah blah it won’t happen again.” Of course one thing Mercedes said sticks out. About the roster wanting her and Kain to lose and I feel like I need to give Mercedes a GIFT here…”

She chuckles.

“A...a GIFT..see what I did there?...”

She pauses again and clears her throat before continuing.

“People want to see the successful fail. I meant what I said Mercedes, I am a huge fan of yours. As a woman of Hispanic heritage, I’m sure you understand why. You have been to the top in a lot of companies and you’ve done it because of how good you really are in that ring. You’ve done it here, you did it in Honor, you’re even doing it in WWH, although... let's face it that company is a shadow of what it once was and with Honor and SCW joining forces and former DIVISION stars coming over means that it has an uphill battle being as relevant as here. But still, you have been the name on everyone’s lips for so long that is why I made my comments about who you were becoming.”

“I meant what I said Madre respetada. You are becoming Sam Tolson and I didn’t just say that out of some kind of need to insult you or make people who hate you laugh I said it because I don’t want that. I want to go out to that ring with Lachlan, have a great match and show just how good I am and in the process win those title belts. When all is said and done and you have lost to myself and Lachy again the last thing I want is to see a woman who I held in high regard making excuses because she can’t admit someone is better than her. I thought you were better than that.”

“My record in WWH was damn impressive. But anyone who beat me I showed the proper respect for. Lachlan beat me in DIVISION, Dickie Watson stopped me from being the final DIVISION champion. I showed them both respect. But you?. For every word of respect we beat out of you, there were fifty disavowing it and making light of what we did and what we can do. I mean, standing at a merch table, replica belts? A pine box with a maple leaf on it?. Kain backing you and him into a corner?. All the harsh words and arrogant chest thumping bullshit is leading to a situation where you win and you just beat people who weren’t in your league and if you lose?...”

“You got beaten a second time by people who apparently “aren’t good enough”. So now, win or lose...you two look pathetic….But let me ask you, Mercedes, what will happen when you lose to us?. Will you look at us and nod saying “yeah they beat us, respect”? Or will you do what I and everyone else really believes you’ll do, and start making excuses?. I already know where I have my money….”
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:52:07 AM by Sierra Williams »
>

Offline Lachlan Kane

• View Profile
    • Lachlan Kane
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 01:30:10 PM »
 November 8
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Off-camera

This was something that Lachlan could get used to.

Waking up to early morning light filtering through the bedroom window, arms wrapped around his sleeping girlfriend Sierra Williams, the Irishman felt more at peace and happier than he had been in years. Not to say that he hadn’t been happy with his life before, but being in a steady, loving relationship certainly seemed to suit him. He smiled down at Sierra, who was curled into his chest with her dark hair strewn about the pillow haphazardly. He leaned down and gently kissed her forehead, before slowly extracting himself from her arms so as not to wake her. He threw on a T-shirt and a pair of black sweatpants before exiting the bedroom and heading down the hallway into another bedroom, this one of Sierra’s 9-month-old daughter Olivia.

Well, there’s the bright-eyed princess,” he said softly as he leaned over the side of her crib. She was sitting up on the mattress, clutching at a stuffed dog that Lachlan had brought up with him to give to her. When she saw him, she squealed in delight and stretched her arms out to him. He smiled and lifted her up, before his nose wrinkled.

We better get that stinky diaper taken care of, eh?” He laid her down on the changing table at the side of the room and quickly changed her into a fresh, clean diaper. “Alright, little peanut, let’s get some breakfast in your belly.

Olivia giggled as she wrapped her little arms around Lachlan’s neck when he lifted her up from the changing table. The two made their way into the kitchen, where Lachlan settled her in her high chair while he got her breakfast ready.

He was in the middle of feeding her when Sierra walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. “For someone who doesn’t have kids, you certainly seem to know what you’re doing,” she said, kissing his cheek.

He grinned at her as he fed Olivia another spoonful of her baby cereal. “Well, a few of my cousins already have kids of their own, so I’ve had a little bit of practice,” he admitted. “Then again, miss Livvie here isn’t as tough a customer as you always make her out to be.

That’s because she adores you. If she didn’t like you, she’d be a little hell demon.

Lachlan laughed as he wiped up the remnants of Olivia’s breakfast from her face, and put the empty bowl and spoon in the sink. “Considering who her mother is, that doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.” He picked Olivia up from her chair and rested her on his hip, while she laid her head on his shoulder and started rubbing his stubbled cheek. “I was thinking that once I get done with my piece for High Stakes, we could take little miss out for a day on the town. There’s still a few places here that I want to check out.

Sierra smiled as she took Olivia from Lachlan and kissed his cheek again. “Sounds like a plan. My dad and uncle want to meet up with us today too. I’ll get us dressed and we’ll be ready to go in an hour.

-----

Standing in the backyard of Sierra’s home in beautiful Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Lachlan Kane was a study in calm, cool and collected. Dressed in a pair of dark jeans, sneakers and a thick wool coat (it is Canada, after all) he smiled towards the camera as the morning sunlight washed over the scene.

You know, I’m starting to wonder if maybe Mercedes and Kain are gluttons for punishment. You’d think that after the thrashing we gave them at Climax Control, they might be a little more worried about holding on to their titles. But of course, they’re gonna come out all bravado and swagger, trying to make everyone think that they’re not worried in the slightest by Sierra and I. But they damn well should be.

He slid his hands into his coat pockets, his breath coming out in white clouds due to the chill in the air. “Let’s face facts here. You don’t just walk into a company and immediately get a shot at the titleholders unless you’re damn good at what you do. Sierra and I aren’t just good...we’re two of the best to grace the squared circle. You can say that our win at Climax Control was a fluke all you want, but we know better. The fans know better. More importantly, the two of you know better. Despite all your words to the contrary, I can see that slight bit of hesitation when you speak. The little spark of doubt in your eyes. You don’t want anyone to know it, but you’re both worried that your title reign will be coming to an end this Sunday. Well, you don’t have to worry about it anymore. Because it’s a foregone conclusion. The wheels of fate are already in motion, and there’s nothing you can do to stop it. Best to just accept it now, and let the chips fall where they may.

He packed a few steps as he spoke. “I will say this, though - our victory at Climax Control didn’t come easy. You two put up one hell of a fight, and you certainly made us earn that win. And I don’t expect anything less come High Stakes. But the outcome will end up the same way it did two weeks ago - Sierra and I standing tall in the ring, arms raised in victory. Only this time, we’ll have some shiny new accessories. On Sunday, we’ll take our places at the top of the tag division - where we rightfully belong. And it won’t be long before we’re not only the best tag team of SCW, we’re the best athletes in the company as well.” He smirked a little, the corners of his mouth turning up. “In due time, we’ll be focusing our sights on the top prizes. But we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

See, I think that people tend to overlook the fact that Sierra and I aren’t just partners in the ring...we’re a couple. And we’ve only been together for four months, at that. In that short of a time frame, we have become the most dominant tag team this sport has ever seen. We travel together, we train together. We may be polar opposites, but that’s what makes us stand apart from everyone else. We I seriously can’t imagine that Mercedes and Kain spend that much time together. Sure, they probably have their little training sessions, but they’re probably what? Once, twice a week at most? Sierra and I have got our in-ring chemistry down to a science at this point. There’s no other team in this company that can even compare. Which is exactly why we got fast tracked to the head of the line for those title belts. This isn’t opinion - this is fact. The minute we had our contracts signed, Brooke Saxon had the match booked. She knew she couldn’t give us a title shot straight out of the gate, so she did the next best thing. She gave us a contendership opportunity.” He shrugged his shoulders. “Fair enough, I get it. She wanted to make sure that Mercedes and Kain had a fair chance to feel out their future opponents. So now, going into High Stakes, there won’t be any excuses that they didn’t have time to prepare for us. They’ve already been in the ring with us once, they know what we’re capable of. How about instead of making excuses about why we beat you, you both start coming up with strategies?” He laughed, a short derisive snicker. “Not that it’s going to help you much. We’re just that damn good at what we do, and when we claim those titles on Sunday night, it will just cement that fact. We will take the place that we were denied in Division. We will set the wrestling world on fire, like we have always been meant to do.

He stopped pacing, squaring up to the camera with a confident air around him that was almost tangible in the crisp November air. “So tell me - when it’s all said and done, when that final bell rings and you’re laying in a broken heap at our feet as we raise those championship belts high in the air...what will your excuses be then?

With a cocky little smirk on his lips, Lachlan turned and headed back into the house, the bang of the door cutting the scene out to black.
>

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 10:39:37 PM »
 Blog: Almighty Fire: Redefined the Fifth
semana del 28 de octubre al 3 de noviembre de 2018

You know, ever since the merger of Sin City Wrestling and Honor Wrestling happened, I had this feeling like I didn't quite belong. Not so much the new people that came into the company than it is the woman who is now the permanent general manager of the company. I started questioning things on why Brooke Saxon has always been on my case. And I thought, "Why is that? Is it because of my Spanish accent? Is it because I'm not blonde enough? Is that it? Is it because I don't have enough enhancements? Is that it? Is it...Oh my God! Is it my age?

I've been successful for a very long time. Yet all these new people come in and now Brooke, Mark and Christian have been fawning over their shiny new toys and just the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.

You see, ever since Brooke realized that she can't manipulate someone like me, she's running around, making her little matches, playing her little favorites. Let's face it, she has spent every waking second trying to piss me off. Old hat, new surroundings. In the fifteen months I spent in her daddy's company, I was Teflon. No one could touch me. So what if I forfeited a match to Kate Steele that one time because I was bored due to having already #BeatUpKateSteele on every known holiday, practically any day that ends in "y" over the years, or that Alicia Lukas won a triple threat for the title she now owns, or that I didn't win out in a pair of battle royals? I Katrina'd the entire roster and I left Honor Wrestling much like I entered: unpinned and submitted. I took a red pen and rewrote the record books in the six-plus months I was Honor Champion. And when Brooke had the chance to prove me wrong, the two times we went one-on-one? She beat me a grand total of never, and I know that fact alone eats her alive and probably keeps her up at night. The little MMA star couldn't get the job done. So now she gets to sit behind a desk, spin around in her little office chair, make matches with a base in her voice, and try to be the best little general manager she can be. Quite the charmed life, huh? I'd say it is. She's had this inclination to get payback on me for months, showing just how selfish and spineless she really is. With me, though, I'm a little more high class then she'll ever be. Hard work is its own reward and success is the sweetest revenge.

Somewhere, Brooke Saxon is probably smiling right now after what happened at Climax Control 220. Now she's given two people from off the street a chance at the championships that I've had to work my ass off to win with Kain, having to beat not one, but two teams to even regain these titles in the first place. You think we're just going to lie down or roll over, that we're going to fold our tents and go home? Keep dreaming.

See, Sierra, you could be the most versatile and gifted grappler the world has ever seen. You could come from a wrestling dynasty, second-generation, third-generation. You can portray your tough girl act to anyone who will give you the time of day. But in the ring, you've met your match. It's almost cute the way you're desperately trying to get me to crumble at your badassery, like I'm supposed to be intimidated, like I'm supposed to be scared of you: Sierra Williams, "The Canadian Nightmare". Sweetheart, mess with me and I will not hesitate to make your nightmares seem like a happy place. You're not the only seasoned vet around here. I've been in wars before, against bigger, scarier and better opponents, and here you are after one win acting like the world is your oyster, that this match is just going to be a foregone conclusion. Try your luck, see what happens, but every woman worth her salt has the ability to back it up. You better back up those words there because there's nothing I enjoy more than proving people wrong. For all your skills and your experience and the macaroni drawings on your fridge right now from your years and years and years touring the independent circuit, there's nothing you can ever do to get on my level

So, yes, Sierra, looks like you and your husband found yourselves in another fine mess. The world will be watching and waiting and wondering just how are you're going to get out of this one, how you will slither your way through this new obstacle. I hope you enjoyed your fluke win because it’s the last victory you're gonna have for awhile. I give you my word. Whatever momentum you think you have from your debut last show? Like your hopes and dreams and delusions of going undefeated, it dies in Tucson, Arizona.

In life there's two kinds of people: contenders and pretenders. No two ways about it. Like I said on Twitter, you and Lachlan had beginner's luck in our first match. Peas in a pod, you two. This time luck won't save either of you come Sunday. God or whatever higher power or religion you believe in won't save you either. If you think the both of you are walking away unscathed, brace yourselves for a shock: your first SCW pay-per-view will be your last. And after I've had my fun with you, Sierra, I'll let Kaine pick clean what's left of Lachlan before we ceremoniously add Team Eggplant as just another body in the wake of all the teams who entertained the thought they were good enough beat us when it matters. And as you both lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable and in agony beyond description, maybe then you will learn to lower your expectations.

Voices will be heard. Names will be taken. History will be made.

And Brooke Saxon gets to watch it all as another brilliant plan blows up in her face.

~~~

L A S V E G A S • N E V A D A

Out of nowhere, Mercedes Vargas was now on the road to somewhere. This wasn't the case eight months ago, but, alas, here she was.

After SCW went on a three month sabbatical following Full Circle, Mercedes could have very well hung up her boots then. She practically accomplished everything there was to do so there was no reason for her to come back. Though she felt close to giving up, she reminded herself how far she's come, and how much she has left to go. Looking back, she's glad she didn't.

Looking forward, she's glad she didn't.

Just because she lives a hectic schedule doesn't mean she can't have inner peace. Mercedes begins her afternoon with self-reflection and meditation.

Two days were left until the High Stakes supercard. It was any wonder if she would ever recover from that night in Phoenix at the go-home show to High Stakes at Climax Control. At the end of the night these matches happen. She's been in wrestling long enough to know that. She's been a part of matches like these on both sides. But now was not the time to press the panic button. If she can get over it and start preparing for the next match she has to get ready to win the next one. But she can’t pretend it didn’t happen. It happened. Everything happens for a reason. And if things weren't corrected it will happen again. There was so much at stake and so little room for error. Mercedes and Kain will have to save their best defense for last or else their first defense would be their last. Lachlan Kane and Sierra Williams wanted what they have, but Mercedes wasn't in a giving mood. With her induction into the Hall of Fame on the horizon, that was one more reason why failure wasn't an option.

With meditation complete, Mercedes breathes in deeply through her nose to the count of five, holds it for two seconds, and then counts down as she exhales every drop of breath. She felt better already. With a night on the town coming up, Mercedes sheds the last of her robe.

Three sets of oufits rests on the edge of her hotel bed. She raises up a red dress and measures it against a pair of high heels. Then picks up a white dress and repeats the process. She contemplates between the three oufits before a nod of her head assures us of her choice. Then, she hits the showers.

Moments pass before the door to the bathroom opens. She gave herself a final, critical, scrutiny in the mirror, turning this way and that to view herself from different angles, and she gave herself a nod of approval. Given her current financial situation, she was pleased with it. She wore a cream crocheted shrug over it, given that it was only early November. While the days were still warmer, the weather can get downright colder at night. Fortunately, though, most of her time in Vegas will be spent indoors. 

Mercedes was ready to hit the night on the town.

L A S V E G A S • N E V A D A
#NOWPLAYING - THAT'S THE NAME OF THE GAME (JACKIE DESHANNON)

It started with money, as it so often does in Las Vegas. Three crisp $100 bills drop on the felt surface of a craps table at The Golden Ring, the sleek new casino offering to Sin City ran by none other than Daniel J Morgan, Osborne, Charlotte Elliot and Mackenzie Page. You may know them as the stable London Underground from Sin City Wrestling. Lots of yelling and screaming at the table. Dice flying off the table in all directions like a ping pong ball. Looking up, the dealer smirked at the woman. Her brunette hair in curls, her eyes hidden behind what the dealer identified as cat eye sunglasses. She was hoping, she said in an accent that sounded Spanish but almost Italian, that "her luck would be good tonight." The dealer sweeps up the money, hands it over to the box man.

Whether luck would happen was to be determined, but Mercedes Vargas was going to try anyway. She rakes in her chips Ricardo, Irma and Tomas were urging her on. She rolls the dice. Her expression went from hopeful to crestfallen as fast as the dice left her hand.

Mercedes: Head to Vegas, they said. Hit the craps tables, they said. You'll never want to leave, they said.

Ricardo: Who said?

Mercedes: The Yelp listings to this casino. I think they were right. I haven't left.

Ricardo: Come on, big eight!

Ricardo takes the dice, throws, rolls a six. The crowd's mood went from cheers to groans. Ricardo slaps his forehead, shouts "damn it", and shakes his head in disappointment.

Mercedes: Well, looks like my night is coming to an end.

Irma: Everybody has a bad night at the table once in their life. How much did you lose? 

Mercedes: $800. I can live with that. My brother is notorious at gambling.

Ricardo: Yeah? How much are we talking?

Mercedes: Oh, just a few hundred... thousand.

Ricardo: Why didn't you stop him if he was going cold? Could have saved himself the headache. 

Mercedes: He was too far gone, too far gone. 

Hugo: Rough night for all of us. I'm missing the big game on ESPN tonight. What's the spread, Tomas?

Tomas: 60 points. I got New Orleans winning, by the way.

The foursome has now exited the table.

Irma: Think we should get going now. And I think it's past your bedtime, Mercedes. Big match this weekend.

Mercedes: Big weekend this weekend. And thanks for the well wishes.

Irma: The night you're getting inducted in the hall of fame? What did you expect?

Mercedes: Thank you. So, you're all coming to Tucson, right?

Hugo: Everything squared away. We'll be there.

Tomas: Anyone for a Vegas show?

Mercedes: I don't see why not? We're in Vegas. Let's go.

***Fade***

~~~

Smile Because it Happened The Ninth: Look What You've Made Me Do The Seventh: Outliers, Part III
Present Day • L O S A N G E L E S • C A L I F O R N I A

[REC]

P H O E N I X • A R I Z O N A

THE SPIRIT WAS WILLING BUT THE FLESH WAS WEAK. Phoenix wasn't the best of cities, it wouldn't even deserve a place in her top ten, or five. Be that as it may, the city's eternal sunshine almost tempted Mercedes to find some recluded resort and spend her days sipping margaritas next to the swimming pool. She didn't give in. No matter how many times she visited Arizona - this was her third year in a row and fourth in five years - the alluring mystery of Phoenix was never the same twice. Yes, Tucson was the sight of the year's High Stakes event, but it was also a little less than two hours by car. Plus, Phoenix offered more to see and do. Today was one of these days.

"Some things are better left unsaid, but you can bet I'm going to say it anyway. I can't help being who I am."

Mercedes Vargas sports her championship over her shoulder and a hat over her head in protest of the heat.

"So, rumor has it that many feel this Sunday is where the Grand Slam Champions reign as World Mixed Tag Team Champions is over. That our luck is running out and all the battles and wars we've gone through will finally catch up to Kain and I. Yet it's our names listed on SCWrestling.net. It's our names on those titles. I seem to remember we were dead in in the water before Summer XXXtreme. No one thought we had a snowball's chance in hell that we would be the ones to hand London Underground their first tag loss and end their reign. But guess what? We did. Twice."

Mercedes holds up two fingers.

"Rumors of our demise will be greatly exaggerated. Much like, well, our opponents, Team Eggplant."

Mercedes rolls her eyes at that.

"When a newcomer arrives to a new promotion, they usually have to scratch and claw and fight their way to the top. So, Lachlan, when I hear you come out here calling yourself, "The Scrapper", one would think that you would be doing just that, actually earning your keep. But in SCW, not even a month after your debut, you and Sierra are given this opportunity on a silver platter. An opportunity Brooke Saxon, in all her infinite wisdom, decided to offer you and Sierra in challenging for a championship. Seems almost unfair, doesn't it? I mean, here you are cutting the line ahead more established teams who have worked their fingers to the bone and now are left fuming and wishing they were in your shoes right now. I would call you opportunistic if not selfish."

Mercedes wags her finger at the camera, the sudden revelation brings an wide grin on her face evidently.

"So after a fluke win a few weeks back you honestly think you're going to do it again and walk out the World Mixed Tag Team Champions this Sunday? Well, Lachlan, Sierra, there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Brooke apparently drew the line in the sand. Now you crossed over, and at High Stakes, you two will find out exactly what crossing that line will get you: leaving with nothing to show for it except for broken dreams, wounded pride and getting a paycheck."

Mercedes is caught between resolve and anger, moving her arms a lot while speaking.

"You two are trying to chase a dream, trying to win your first championships. Unlike you, I don't chase dreams, I live them. I don't have failures, I have setbacks. I'm too important in this company to ever be considered a stepping stone. I've proven without a doubt that I am one of the best competitors in the women's division. That's why I have the most wins of any Bombshell on the current roster, that's why I'm an eleven-time champion in this company, that's why I'm a two-time World Bombshell Champion, that's why I'm the second wrestler ever to become Grand Slam Champion, and that's why in three nights I take my place among the greats in the Hall of Fame. Should that ever be doubted? I’ve reached milestones, shattered records, and dominated the competition unlike any Bombshell before or since then and a non-title loss isn't going to change that."

Mercedes mouths the word “no” while shaking her head firmly. Her eyes piercing through the camera lens.

"You're on borrowed time, and you just got five extra minutes on you already expired fifteen minutes of fame.

"They say you often meet your fate on the road you take to avoid it. Come Sunday, there's no way to avoid your fate at High Stakes except to meet it head on. If Kain and I were to lose, it's not the end of the world, but what would happen if you were to defy fate again?"

Pausing for a moment, Mercedes has a thoughtful expression on her face before she addresses the camera again.

"The better question is what happens if you don't?"

There’s a cocky half-grin on her face as she now speaks in Spanish.

"Estar preparado para lo peor, esperar lo mejor."
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

She pauses for effect, lowering her voice just above a whisper.

"Y que la suerte está siempre en su favor.”
"And may the odds be ever in your favor."

***Fade***
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:19:21 PM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)

Offline Kain

• View Profile
    • Kain
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 11:27:21 PM »
 Now what?

The King Of Kings, Alex, stood on a rise that looked over the ring in the Tucson Expo Center in Tucson, Airzona. Dressed casually, he watches as a swarm of pple are getting the show ready.

Not just a show. A pay-per-view.

High Stakes VIII.

He's been through multiple shows in his lifetime, so it isn't just another day at the office. It's the one show where all the stakes are on the line.

Closing his eyes, he revisited his previous encounter with the up-coming team. He remembers every single bit. It sucked to lose, but that was in the past. He took the time to watch the tape, focus on his strengths and weaknesses, along with his opponent's strengths and weaknesses, and develop a game plan. He took his training to the limit. It's a good thing too, since he has the week off from his music tour.

The wind was blowing gently through him and he let it pass him. Lachlan and Sierra. These two had to be put into their place for good. Their promos were full of fire and passion, but he knew that actions would determine their fate inside that ring. He looked at the ring that's between set up and visualized the action inside his mind. Carnage. Devastation. Epic beatdowns from both himself and his partners delivered to the two of them.

How did they get so far last time? He underestimated them. Thought they would be a joke. But that won't happen now.  

Alex?

He turned around to see Lisa, who stood before him. Her beauty caught him by surprise. Then again, he was totally surprised to see her.

Lisa?? What are you doing here?

She walked towards her ex-husband and the two embraced each other.

I came to see you. It's been a long time.

The two stepped back from each other and looked at each other in the eyes, then turned their attention to the ring.

I also came to motivate you on your match. Just like old times.

Alex stubbornly shook his head.

I'll be fine. This match will be a lot different.

She glanced at him momentarily.

Your eyes told me a different story when you lost to that team. You need to find it within yourself the trouble that you've been having difficulty with.

He turned to her now and looked at her in the eyes as she turned towards him.

Maybe it's because I'm afraid to lose it all. When we went our separate ways, I had to lose you to gain myself again. But I miss us. I miss having you by my side, Lisa. But I'm ok with things now. I'm at peace. I know that you moved on and are now with a new man, who is a good man and I know he will look after you. But I'm just afraid. Being afraid can be a good thing, because I can use that as motivation. But still, I'm afraid to lose everything. Here I am, at the top of the class, and these two upstarts think that they are going to win, just based on one loss two weeks back. So there, Lisa, I'm afraid that I'll lose and I'll be a disgrace. I...

Lisa took one finger and placed it over him, silencing the legend briefly. He seems to be shaking, but Lisa's voice calmed him down a bit.

Alex, I know you. I know you better than anyone in the world and I know that you've gone through some tough times in your life. But I also know that you're one of the strongest men I've ever met and I'm glad I had a chance to date and marry you. To this day, you're still my male best friend forever and I love you. I know that Lachlan and Sierra may give you a hard time, but you are the King Of Kings. I've already held this belief that you were the one man in the world that would overcome the darkness and see the light. You've done it before. Do not be afraid of something that may happen in the future. Embrace it and use it to your advantage, Alex. Use it to conquer this team and retain the Tag-Team championship belts. I'll be watching. I promise you, you will be great. No matter what.

Striking back tears from his eyes, he embraced her once again and lowered himself to her ear and spoke.  

Lisa? I'm glad you're still in my life. Tell the kids their father will visit them soon.

As they parted ways, she walked away from him. She stopped, glanced over her shoulder, smiled and nodded, then walked down the steps as the scene fades to black.

I gave you both ample time to respond accordingly. This is what you had left in your tank?

Disappointment slowly starts to creep into my system and I can't help but just shake my head at all this foolishness that I had to hear.

You're not paying attention, Sierra. That I consider a weakness. Have you not heard a SINGLE FUCKING THING I've said to you?

Of course not. Your reality is quite different than the one I envisioned. You won one match, you keep telling us "I fucking told you so," then you start to believe that MAYBE there is some chance of taking it all away from us. I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed. I was THINKING maybe you would be taking the high road, that maybe you would be staying grounded from all this, somehow take it all in stride, and be calm and collective enough to figure out a way to take out Mercedes and I. And it's the same to Lachlan Lane...I mean KANE. Not that it really makes of a fucking difference to me, Kane, Lane, whatever. I don't see the two of you as just opponents to shake hands and wrestle against. No, I see you both as VICTIMS of our legacy. You expect me to believe that you both have a chance still AFTER ONE VICTORY?

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!

Once again, I told you, straight from the get-go, that both Mercedes and I are on a mission. To destroy. To eradicate. To eliminate. To terminate. All this and much more, Sierra. There is simply more to discuss. My talking, as you see it, seems to be my weakest points, but I'm gonna give it to you straight. My wrestling skills, my fighting skills are in a world-class of their own. My talking skills are just as amazing as everything else that I've been attributed to. Disappointed to hear you say such horseshit from you, seriously, kid, you have A LOT to learn about trash-talking before stepping into my world. Did you really think that I'm NOTHING but a hulking brute? I have put fear into the hearts of men and made them tremble before me. Your man or whoever the fuck you think of him as will be destroyed in that ring, that's the truth. Fact is, everything single thing that I've said, SINCE DAY ONE, has been the truth, the whole truth, AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. So before you make douchebag commentary about my promo skills, perhaps you should step back and look at my history. I didn't win all these championships and become a Grand-Slam champion because of my supposed "silence". No, you stupid girl, I TALKED THE TRUTH and I BACKED IT UP! What a shame, I have to deal with a little girl that has little to no confidence, knows for a fact that she's no match for Mercedes, and has to hit below the belt in order to get somewhere in life.

And speaking of which, why did you have to bring up some boring drivel in my face? Is that what you think of me as well? That I'm some guy that wants to get into some girl's pants, but I'm afraid of being in the friend zone? Here's a question for you - WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE MATCH? NOTHING! I've dated A LOT of women before ultimately marrying and eventually divorcing. Confidence with women is not an issue I have. I mean, you really had to go that far and for a second, I wondered why? Then I realized it - maybe it's because you maybe you want to ditch Lachlan for a guy like me that DOES WIN in the end. I'm not surprised, but it doesn't matter. In the end, what matters is demolishing the competition. That's you and Lachlan Kane. You both don't have a "mental edge" over us. I'm sure that's what you've been telling yourself, day after day, night after night, Sierra.

You are only right about one thing - YOU DO BORE ME. So here's the reality of things - you both are going down. You both won't be getting the Mixed-Tag Championship belts either. There is no equal footing or even footing between us. All Mercedes and I see is one girl, one guy that got lucky once and beat us for a match. Good job. But that ends now and I'm going to throw you and Lachlan off the cliffs and watch you, in glee I might add, scream like two little BITCHES as you lose everything and it will be VERY satisfying.

Then we will be the ones telling you so, Sierra. We will be the ones standing over your broken bodies, bleeding steadily as you look at us while WE hold the titles over you and mock you. No games. No more playing. This is going to be an all-out war on the sense and NEITHER of you will be prepared for it. So shut the fuck up, Sierra, stop trying to drown my hopes with petty, unremarkable drama and games, and get to it. You either want this and you don't. Quite frankly, judging from your eyes, I see the fire, the will, the passion. But in the end, you're going to lose the titles THAT BADLY and you're going to go right back to the bottom of the food chain, whether you like us or not. I'm sick to death of people like you, jumping around like a couple of cheerful horses THINKING that you have a chance in an opportunity like this. Well, I'm glad to be the one to take that all away from you, Sierra.

You pissed me off. You said untruthful things about me. You tried to hurt Mercedes and I, but in the end, we are going to CRUSH YOU. I've done ENOUGH hyping about her and I and you just seem to FLEW by those statements. Why? Because you think its untrue and you don't want to believe in the power that she and I possess. Well, that ends now. I'm going to watch as Mercedes, the most powerful woman in the Women's Division, crush and beat the living shit out of you and I'm going to be LAUGHING at every moment of it, because YOU DESERVE IT. This will be our second confrontation between each other and you're not going to like it. I promise you that. You won't win. You won't get the titles. You are going to be on the ground, broken, battered, and beaten beyond anything you've ever experienced in our lifetime.

So do me a favor. Be a good girl and stay the hell out of my way. I want you to watch in horror as I rip apart Lachlan.

And speaking of him...

Actually, the miss-spelling of your name was quite intentional, to say the least. So, let's get this party started.

First off, running the company? Hate to break it to you, good sir, but last I checked, Mark Ward and Christian Underwood own the place. Good luck trying to wrest it away from their grasp!

Second, you won't be getting the titles at all. Not on our watch. See, I get it. You and Sierra have worked hard to get to where you are now and I certainly won't begrudge you from that. But what pisses me off, about you two, is where your head is at in this whole debacle. You both sound like a bunch of gossip girls, all laughing, cheering, and talking about something exciting that may happen to you and you just want to get invested in the drama, thinking that you're a part of it. You know how I see this as? Nothing but a dream for the two of you. You became the number-one contenders, but at the cost of something big. Your lives. Your careers. Everything that you've been working hard for will be gone too. Isn't that going to be sad? Of course it is, because Mercedes and I, two of the biggest badasses on the planet, will be MORE THAN HAPPY to take that away from you, kiddo. Try as you might, you won't emerge victorious this time. Why not? Because this time, we will have you figured out and we will be picking away at your weaknesses and making sure that your best strengths won't be used as much.

I just like that false sense of confidence that surrounds you, man. You want to be the main guys on the planet. If that's the case, how come you haven't accomplished that already? I was hoping that MAYBE you would go straight to the forefront and confront Fenir for the World Heavyweight Championship and MAYBE win? Of course, I fought him, it was a non-title dispute, and he became the better man. No problem. The difference between you and him, boy, is the fact that you're overconfident and do a lot of underestimating. He does neither. So do yourself a favor, Lachlan Lane, and tone down your stupidity and ignorance. Stop dreaming of things that will NEVER happen in your lifetime.

Like this, for example.

Winning the Tag-Team titles? Putitng it up over our bodies, asking us if we have any excuses after all is said and done?

I hate to tell you this, but Mercedes and I take our careers as fighters and wrestlers seriously. We have a few setbacks every now and then, but SOMEHOW, WE ALWAYS COME OUT ON TOP.  I can't believe that you feel this way, the both of you, that somehow history is going to repeat itself. Mercedes and I aren't just coming out with all this swagger for no reason - WE MEAN WHAT WE SAY. We both know that neither of you have a chance in hell. You slipped from our grasp, you won, end of the fucking story. You really need to stop thinking that the end result is going to play out the same. Mercedes and I REGROUPED. Mercedes and I developed a GAME PLAN, one that you will NEVER see coming. Mercedes and I are at the top of the mountain because she and I worked VERY HARD to reach this point in our lives. We have accomplished a lot as both individuals and as wrestlers. Didn't you see what happened to the both of us? How we got the titles, lost them, but won them back? You didn't? Well, those facts are going to hit you straight like a train running over you both.

That's the difference between you both and us - Mercedes and I aren't a couple. We both are partners that have EVERY desire to keep the titles around our waists, because it motivates us to perform at the best level possible. Does being a couple make you more powerful? I suppose so, I've been in that place where I thought that unity between a couple makes us stronger. But you don't need that at all, in the end. All you need is yourself and the belief that you possess. Mercedes is the same way - she believes in herself and in her abilities. That's what makes us excel as a team, we know that we will find a way to overcome the odds and WIN. I don't care about the fact that you both are a couple; I truly don't. Leave the drama behind. I am sick of your stories and outside bullshit. This is the REAL DEAL and when we meet in that ring, Lachlan, I PROMISE YOU. Things will NOT be the same as they were two weeks ago. Two weeks ago, you got us. At High Stakes, the tables will be turned on you. The odds are against you. Mercedes and I are going to unleash our rage and it will be unlike ANYTHING you've seen before. Mercedes and I are committed to this road.

We are going into the match as champions.

We are going to walk out of the match as champions.

You both hate us saying that. We don't care. You either want this or you don't. You may have proven yourself to be contenders to the throne. But when it's all said and done, it's really going to be pretenders to the throne!

For I am Kain...THE KING OF KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I.....HAVE SPOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 11:29:10 PM by Kain »
>

SCW Accomplishments
X1 SCW Tag-Team Champion
X2 SCW Roulette Champion
X1 SCW Internet Champion