Author Topic: “Back in the Title Picture!”  (Read 729 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Back in the Title Picture!”
« on: August 20, 2021, 09:16:31 PM »
Caleb’s third attempt at winning the Roulette Title from Alex Jones would not be the charm for the New Yorker as Alex retained the title in a Texas Deathmatch, did that mean that he was done with the title picture though? Far from it! Caleb was now in the Internet Title Tournament to crown a new Internet Champion at Violent Conduct VII in a few weeks’ time but to get past round one, he had a tough task ahead of him as he was facing former Roulette Champion Cassian Reed and the latest Hilton family member to arrive on the scene Brayden in a Triple Threat First Round Match! The last time Cassian and Caleb met ended with Caleb picking up the win and Cassian hadn’t been seen on SCW TV since then!

Brayden on the other hand, whilst a newcomer, was quickly gaining a reputation as someone who relied on his sister (former Bombshell Roulette Champion Brittany Williams) to win all his matches for him and was just coming off his first loss to Fenris the previous week! Can Caleb make it to round two?

Backstage at Climax Control 308, San Jose, California
Sunday the 15th of August 2021, 21:00pm

You’d think they’d give up on giving me so many title opportunities by now.

Seriously, all three attempts at dethroning Alex Jones as the SCW Roulette Champion failed and I’m pretty sure I’m out of excuses at this point since my last title match was a one on one Texas Deathmatch that served as the Main Event on the second Climax Control off the Cycle and after having last week off, there was part of me that wondered just what was next for me and what would I be up too for the rest of the cycle.

I didn’t have to wait long for that answer, because my names among those competing in the opening round of the Internet Title Tournament next week.

“These puns are just like paper, they’re terrible.” I sung along to the video, A Song of Puns by Malinda Kathleen Grace, whilst I waited for Katie to return from the ladies’ bathroom, because whilst she has been spending the cycle back in Vegas, she did make the trip down to San Jose for this week’s Climax Control and brought Lemmy with her. “Oh, make them stop, they’re unbearable, let’s get down to business, to defeat the puns!”

“Caleb, the stage hand stopped me on the way back from the lady’s room.” Katie said not realizing that I was in my own world as she returned to my side and Lemmy was there to greet her as always. “Caleb?”

“But puns are the devil’s work, so I have nun!” It was a good thing that I couldn’t see my wife’s face at that point, because she was cringing pretty hard at the puns. “Okay I’ll stop now but before I go, why does this song, punish me so?” It was at that point that Katie practically yanked the earbud out of my ear.

“Well for starters, I’m surprised the rest of the roster hasn’t murdered you for singing that many puns in the space of a few minutes.” Katie said and I finally looked up to see half-amused, half-annoyed face of my lovely wife. “Second, Malinda Kathleen Grace, you are not! For one thing, she’s a trained opera singer with an hilarious YouTube Channel!”

“And the obvious bit about her being a woman and me being a man.” I pointed out and Katie gave me a look that said, “that didn’t need to be said and you know it”. “If that’s next week’s card then I’ve already seen my tournament match.”

“The Triple Threat against Brayden and Cassian?” Katie asked to confirm that we were indeed talking about the same match, and I nodded. “Frankly I’m surprised that we were able to reattach Brayden’s head after the match against Fenris, and if need be, I think I can deal with Brittany Williams if Tempest doesn’t show up to launch her into orbit!”

“Katie, Brittany challenges Tempest to a match, I don’t think it’s a matter of if she shows up for the Triple Threat.” I pointed out and Katie nodded once she realized that I was right. “As for Cassian, I don’t think he’s been seen since the build-up to my first title match against Alex Jones.”

“The one at Into the Void X, right?” Katie asked and I nodded to confirm that. “Pretty much everyone was expecting an easy win for Cassian, instead you pulled out the win.”

“And I doubt this match will be any different.” I added before glancing at the clock. “We’d better get going, I think the Main Event will be starting soon.” I added and Katie nodded before we walked off with Lemmy.

Eating out in Portland, Oregon
Thursday the 19th of August 2021, 12:56pm

All I can really say is that SCW going back on the road after so long has prompted me to start seeking out new places for me to check out on my travels, and in this case, I’m visiting a place that Jessie, Jake and Shane recommended called the Brunch Box.

“This food is so good.” I commented after I wiped some stray bits of food from my mouth after I had devoured one of their burgers. “If SCW going on the road again means I can eat out at establishments like this, then I kinda wish the pandemic era ended earlier.”

“I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking that Caleb.” A familiar female Aussie Accent rang out and I glanced up and saw Krystal and Makayla sitting at a nearby table and it was Krystal that spoke up. “Though we have to stop meeting like this!” The Bombshell Roulette Champion joked, and I grinned before raising my glass to the lesbian couple.

“To be fair, this place was recommended by Jessie, Jake and Shane.” I responded and they shared a look. “Let me guess, same recommendation?”

“Yeah, but it was probably a coincidence.” Makayla shrugged her shoulders in response, and I nodded in agreement. “Are you ready for your second title opportunity of the cycle?”

“Ready for that and to bounce back from the loss to Alex in the best way I can.” I nodded in response before finishing my drink. “And I’m just glad that Bella made it past round one of the gauntlet last week.”

“You and me both, as if me showing up at the end of her match against Apple wasn’t evidence enough of that fact.” Krystal responded before shaking her head. “On paper, Azurine should be a bigger challenge, but she’s been inconsistent of late as well.”

“Bella will make it! We all saw how motivated she is to get that title shot.” Makayla commented and we nodded in agreement. “And hopefully we can say the same about you in the Internet Title Tournament Caleb.”

“Here’s hoping!” I grinned in response before I got ready to pay my bill.

Caleb’s hotel room, Portland, Oregon
Friday the 20th of August 2021, 18:00pm

*promo time*

Here we go again.

“Just when I thought I was out, the pull me back in and I'm back in the title picture! That’s what it feels like for me and the SCW Title Picture at least! I lost my last Roulette Title Match against Alex Jones two weeks ago and I think at this point, the guy wants some fresh competition which I why I am giving 100% of my effort to this Internet Title Tournament starting with this Triple Threat Match between me, Brayden Hilton and Cassian Reed!”

And just to clear things up.

“Look, I’m not saying that I wasn’t give 100% of my effort in either of the three Roulette Title Matches against Alex Jones, his efforts were just a bit better than mine in all three matches! Now that that’s out of the way, Cassian I have faced before and more importantly, I’ve beaten him before! Brayden on the other hand is a guy who I have never faced before, but I know him by reputation, which is to say that he’s an amazing athlete who still feels the need to have his sister interfere in his matches!”

Seriously, did he show up to the job interview with his mom?

“I’ll start with Cassian for the reasons I’ve already stated, the last time we faced off Cassian ended with me picking up the win over you in the build up to my first Roulette Title Match against Alex and since then, you’ve been awfully quiet, I don’t know what your motives for that were but clearly something brought you back and I’m willing to bet that it’s the Internet Title, well I’m sorry to disappoint you Cassian but for the second time in your career, you are getting beaten by me!”

And next up is Brayden!

“Do I really have to talk about the latest Hilton to come from out of nowhere to debut in SCW? How many Hiltons are there anyway?! Actually, don’t answer that, we’d be here all day! That said, I hope the next one is miles better than Brayden “I’m an amazing athlete but I still need my sister to interfere in my matches for me to win” Hilton because for all his talent, he’s quickly growing into someone who everyone loves to hate! He clearly has his eyes set on making the Internet Title his first title in SCW but much like he is to his mother, I’m going to be a source of disappointment for him when I win this match!”

It’s that simple.

“Cassian wants to get his hands on another title, Brayden wants to win his first title, what’s my motivation? Being a rare breed, someone who actually fulfils his New Year’s Resolution! At the tail end of the dumpster fire that was 2020 I said that I’d still be champion by the end of 2021, but I never said how many reigns I’d pick up along the way, did I? I’ve got my eyes set on fulfilling that goal and becoming a three time Internet Champion in the process and it’ll take more than a former Roulette Champion and a guy who needs his sister to fight his battles for him to stop me from achieving those goals!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Everyone thought Cassian had my first match against him in the bag when we first faced off, everyone was proven wrong when I beat him! Brayden is an amazing talent but he’s also a total momma’s boy who relies on his sister to win matches for him, it would be funny if it weren’t so pathetic and this Sunday, they had better brace themselves because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise they’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms on his way to championship gold!”

I went to start listening to metal as the scene fades.
user posted image