Author Topic: Chapter 28 Travel woes  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Dreamkiller

• View Profile
    • Johanna Krieger
Chapter 28 Travel woes
« on: November 17, 2023, 08:32:30 PM »
]Chapter 28 Travel woes

The entire feeling attitude of my apartment had been different in the last few weeks. Being victorious will definitely improve your mood and your future prospects. Especially winning a championship with someone that many people said you could not. I had been happy. Happier than I had been over the last few months. From moving out of the homes that I had shared for the better part of two years into a new place and a new life. I had been slowly becoming more and more comfortable in my own skin, but this?

This win had changed so much. Given me so much. My outward confidence, something that seemed to never waver, had always been more of a mask than the reality of the situation. But now, with my confidence at an all-time high, both outwardly and inwardly, I was about to become even more unbearable to those who disliked me. And even to those who liked me.

I took a deep breath, picking up my coffee and taking a sip, before letting out a sigh of complete satisfaction. My sister, Tasman, and a person who I had slowly growing to consider a friend in Kallie, both sat around the kitchen bench, holding their own mugs filled with coffee. The three of us talked, Tasmin and Kallie laughing as I, by my own admission, looked rather smug and self satisfied. Tasmin turned, saying something that I didn’t even register. ”Hey…are you even listening to me?”

I wasn’t. Obviously.

”Kay?! Hellllooo!?” I shook her head and turned to Tasmin who looked over at Kallie mouthing “What the fuck?” Kallie shrugged and Tasmin let out a deep breath. ”There you go, day dreaming now you’re back to prominence or whatever…” I sighed and dismissively moved my hand with a flutter. I took a sip of my coffee again and sat back. ”So, you and Finn worked well together.”

”They did like…so well together…I was all squeaky and stuff…Aiden didn’t like it.” She blinked a few times. Tilting her head before looking at Tasmin who shook her head “No”. However, apparently Kallie didn’t understand the message. ”I’m so glad you and Finn are all friendly…it’s so cute”

I just flicked her hand again. Shaking my head before sitting forward. ”Look, Finn is lucky to have me. We are the tag team champions because of ME. Because I held the team together like crazy glue sticking your younger sisters hair to her pillow!” I shot Tasmin a small smile, forcing her to envoke a memory that many weaker people might consider to be…traumatic…

”Bitch…”

Tasmins eyes narrowed as I chuckled and looked over at a very confused Kallie. I stretched and looked over at the window with a relaxing groan. The vista from my apartment window was gorgeous. ”Look, Finn and I aren’t friends. We won’t ever be friends but we are champions and as long as he follows my lead we will be champions for a long time..” Tasmin couldn’t hide her indignation, rolling her eyes as I showed my arrogance. Kallie on the other hand just sat there and blinked a few times before taking a sip of her coffee.

Bless her heart.

Tasmin folded her arms over her chest and shook her head, clearly annoyed at my attitude. ”So, you’re still not really talking about the core issue here?” I raised an eyebrow and went to say something, Tasmin continued sounding a little more annoyed with more bass in her voice. ”You two worked out enough of your problems to win the match and the titles, good job. But after what happened and how you really feel? You can’t just hide it and keep going.” I groaned and rolled my eyes.She was going to drone on wasn’t she?

Kallie made a face and looked down at her phone before standing up. ”Aiden’s here!” She popped up and moved to the door. I was glad for the distraction from this conversation. Kallie opened the door and Aiden, her husband and baby daddy stepped through the door. Baby Dax strapped to his chest as he looked exhausted. ”There’s my baby!” Kallie giggled and Dax let out a squeal and blew a raspberry.

I laughed and shook my head as Aiden unstrapped him from his chest and handed him to Kallie. Tasmin automatically gravitated toward him. I let out a small sigh of relief, I didn’t want or need to talk about myself and Finn in any type of context that was unprofessional. Aiden looked over at me, moving closer before looking back at Kallie and Tasmin, Oh god, was he about to attempt a conversation? I needed alcohol for this level of interaction with Aiden of all people. ”Oi, how’s it hangin??”

I cringed, that accent, that horrible accent. It was like nails on a chalkboard. Fucking Australians. ”I’m fan-fucking-tastic.” It was as non committal as possible. A way for me to try and end any conversation before it began.

He sat down, oh god, why is he sitting down? ”So uh, congrats on the win n shit. And the title. But you gotta get your whole…thing sorted with Finn.” I inhaled sharply, holding the breath in so I didn’t rip his face off.  ”Look, he ain’t gonna say it but he enjoyed teamin with you, He misses ya, and I think you miss him too. So…ya know…sort ya shit out.”

My nostrils flared and I closed my eyes pushing the breath out. I turned and kept my voice as low as possible so I wouldn’t scare the baby. ”Look…..I can appreciate you care about your boyfriends brother, but you and Dickie need to stop. All I keep hearing is how he misses me and how Finn was miserable when I left and all this other bullshit.” I closed my fist and slammed my hand on the counter, Tasmin and Kallie looked mover as Dax rolled on the floor. ”If he wants something…more…than being in a team and this being a purely professional relationship then he needs to come talk to me..not you, not his brother, not those two.” I motioned toward Tasmin and Kallie before shaking my head.

Aidens face changed. It was serious, something that was never really seen. He was the joker, the goofball, the idiot. But this was a face of stone. He almost seemed…grown up. ”Ya know him…ya know he won’t do that. You are both bloody stubborn ya know that?....I feel like I need to fuckin babysit ya both…” He stood up and shook his head, turning to go back to Dax and Kallie, Tasmin looked over at me and stood up. I closed my eyes and exhaled before my phone buzzed.

I pulled it out, opening my email. ”It’s my travel itinerary for ther next show…” I smirked and opened it before an angry chill ran down my spine and into my stomach, I stood up and growled. ”WHAT BTHE FUCK?”

Tasmin, Kallie and Aiden all looked over at me, Tasmin is the only one to speak up. ”Whats wrong?”

”They booked me in fucking…COACH?!?!?”

Champions

”Not bad for two people who apparently can’t get along right?”

Kayla couldn’t help but laugh to herself. Grabbing her SCW mixed tag team championship title and throwing it over her shoulder.

”Did  you hear it? Did you hear everything that was said about myself and Finn? We were supposed to lose. That is exactly what everyone will tell you. We were supposed to go in there and we were supposed to implode and everyone was supposed to watch us disintegrate and self-destruct. But that isn’t what happened. What happened was you saw that two people who are supremely talented or able to rise past their issues and become champions. and does anyone else find it strange that after losing to myself and Finn, the other two have now started to not get along? They have started to not gel as a team or be as good as everyone believed they were. Here they are losing matches, yet, somehow, someway, we can see it on the horizon. They will get a rematch.”

“And, we will put them down just like we did to take these titles from them.”

“But, I’m getting ahead of myself.”

“Before the inevitable rematch between myself and Finn and Oliver and Eiley, we have to defend these championships against another team. Truth be told I don’t really care. And before I get into who those opponents are and why I don’t care about them as individuals or team let me just preface this. I will always give 100% whenever I get into that ring. I will always go after my opponent with the same amount of vigour and anger and violence that I go after everyone else. I will never take anyone easy because I know that one mistake and one slip up could humiliate me.”

“So trust me, no matter who our opponents would be, Finn and I are going into this with one goal…”

“To win.”

Kayla chuckles and shrugs.

”I get it, that’s what we should all be trying to do right? Especially champions like myself and Finn, we’re representing the company and the division. And trust me on this, in a very short amount of time, Finn and I have already done more for the division and the championships than the last few teams combined. And our plan?...it’s simple. We continue to rebuild these titles into true prizes. And to do that we need to defend them against anyone and everyone.”

“Any challengers, anytime and anyplace. And with that being said I need to be honest. The whole travel issue thing from last week…”

“Was me”

“Big surprise right? I got my information, I saw it wasn’t what I wanted or what was agreed. So I told them I wasn’t coming until the problem was sorted out. And low and behold, this week it was. So yes, I will grace you all with my presence. Finn and I will be there to defend out mixed tag team titles and we will be ready to face the team of Miles Kasey and Alexandra Calaway.”

Kayla slowly grins and folds her arms over her chest.

”Well, I can’t really blame the company for giving us those two, I can’t even really get angry over the fact they are a tossed together team. I mean, many see Finn and I as a thrown together team despite the fact we were penciled in as a team prior to the titles coming back. Now, Finn and I are not the same as Alexandra and Miles. See, those two are both current singles champions.”

“They are the future of this business. Or so many will tell you. Miles is a former roulette champion and the current Internet champion, Alexandra is the reigning roulette champion. Congratulations to you both for being a cut above the usual rabble.”

“But that doesn’t mean you have my respect.”

“Look at Alexandra for instance. A woman who holds a championship. Sure it’s the special school championship.But it’s still a championship. You won it by beating Jessie Salco. Amazing. Truly. You beat a woman who can barely keep her career together and who had held the title for a few months with a horseshoe up her ass. And you have done better. I can admit that. You have been the roulette champion for a few months and defended the title against…wait…hold on….”

Kayla pulls out her phone and opens google looking up the results for the last supercard with a sigh before scratching her head.

”Oh…Bea Barnhart and Georgie Robertson….I, well, atleast it was a successful defense. But now Alexandra, now you get to come after me and the mixed tag team titles. And while you are an average Roulette champion I should go down as the best Internet champion this company ever had. Cause I defended the title against everyone and anyone, winning the title off a hall of famer and being the goddamn headline.”

“I am a three time champion, I have been a world champion in other companies and I am the type of person who will not quit until I have reached my goals. And trust me on this, my goals for the mixed tag titles didn’t start or end with simply winning them. But, you are a part of those plans Alexandra. See, Finn and I will go against anyone that SCW puts in our way. We will do all we can to elevate these championships and being open to any challenge is a big step toward that. But lets be clear here Calaway…you are not my equal.”

“And you damn sure can’t rely on Miles…”

She throws her hands in ther air and sighs heavily.

”Oh sweet little Miles. You have no idea how many times I wanted to verbally melt you while you and I were still living under the same roof with Finn. How much I just wanted to call you out for being a ridiculous man child. A person who, quite frankly, gobbles up everyone elses time and energy because you are the most high maintenance bitch I have ever met in my life…and let that sink in cause I know myself quite well.”

“You are a man who likes to coast on his natural talent but put the most minimal amount of effort in. It’s what you have done your entire career. Waiting for a handout instead of taking it.”

“I have talent Miles. Buckets of it. I fucking drown in it. But I am also one of the hardest working people you or Alexandra will ever see. I respect the hustle, I work the hustle. I bust my ass day in and day out and it shows. I take all this very very seriously and you have been criticized time and time and time again for it. Hell, a man who was one of your mentors and someone you respected turned on you and beat the hell out of you and Carter…”

“And while on Carter…quick question…”

“How does it feel being career cucked?”

“Cause Carter turned around, started taking everything as seriously as he could and that glorious little blowhard got hyimself a world title opportunity and came within a nut hair of winning. He did what you could never do and that is present himself as a legitimate threat. Because he was. But you? You limp by, fluking a win here and a win there. You beat Calvin Harris for the internet title when you should have beat Michael Harris for the world title. But, you couldn’t get the job done…”

“Always the bridesmaid, never the bride eh? You think this will be any different? Not against Finn, not against me with that partner….But you’ll try, I know that…it’s just too bad it will all be for nothing.”