Author Topic: Asterisk the Ninth: You Had One Job!  (Read 378 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk the Ninth: You Had One Job!
« on: October 03, 2014, 11:58:53 PM »
 S|C|E|N|E| 001
[O U T N U M B E R E D | B U T | N O T | O U T D O N E]

[REC•]

“Your winner and STILL SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion...MERCEDES VARGAS!”

Mercedes smiles at us as this is a recording done on her laptop. She's seen sitting casually in her living room apartment on a beautiful afternoon in Queens. Today, she is wearing a Mean Girls T-shirt, jeans and a pink New York Giants baseball cap.

“And the crowd goes wild!”

Mercedes makes the crowd cheering sound before another slow and steady smile appears followed by a low chuckle. She reaches for her title, looking over it fondly before she looks into the camera.

“At Climax Control 94, yours truly did it again. Shocking, I know. And I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. But you didn't believe me, did you? You didn't think I could do it, did you? It's alright, it's okay. At least one person believe in me, and that's me. I walked into my match with my title in my very first title defense, and I walked out with my title in my very first title defense. And for that, I have to ask one question: DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING? NECRA, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? I said I was going to walk out of St. Louis with my head held high and retain my title, and I did just that. You were like a stuck pig when I made you bleed, and then I put you down for the count after I kicked your face in for the 1-2-3. For the first time ever, Necra, for the countless matches we've been in, I can now finally shout from the rooftops that I own a pinfall victory over you."

She pauses as she clearly though she remembered doing that yesterday.

“Still, my victory is owed to luck right? Well, luck is when opportunity meets preparation, and I was given an opportunity in the Going for the Gold to earn my spot in the four-way match, and I made the best of that by walking out of Violent Conduct II by winning the Bombshell Roulette Championship for a record third time, tying your record for most reigns. No longer do I have to hear out of your mealy mouth that I had to use underhanded tactics to win. There is no excuses for you, Necra. Because you ran out of those. You ended up on your back and I pinned your shoulders to the mat, 1-2-3. But the best part is I beat you C-L-E-A-N. What excuses are you going to have this time, Necra? That prison chamber served a purpose: it kept the both from running out, and everyone from coming in. Just the same, it was nice seeing the rest of your Jealous Janis friends having to watch you getting embarrassed once again, and the Mean Girls seeing me once again walk out of a match I had no chance of winning standing over you in victory."

Mercedes throws her hair back laughing before she cuts herself off and faces the camera with a sincere look, but now speaking in a whimsical voice.

"Ever since I made history at Violent Conduct II, everyone is after the Bombshell Roulette Championship these days. Roxi wants a shot at me, Jade Manendez-Arcador wants a shot at me, Belinda Simone wants a shot at me, Jasmine St. John wants a shot at me, and I'm sure the list goes on and on. Give an inch, and they'll take a mile. By all means, I have no preference who I face next. Big or small, come one, come all. I'll gladly defend this here title."

She pats it with her hand.

"Whoever. Wherever. Whenever. Whatever."

Mercedes places over her shoulder and continues.

"But aside from my victory, there were a few lowlights on the last show: Misty had fun with midgets, Gabriel Stevens was tricked by his brother and now has to serve out the rest of his contract, not to mention getting embarrassed by Christian, and Veronica's winning streak came to an end against Misty, but that was because Liz Smalls had a lot to do with it. I don't know. I can't even...'

Mercedes shakes her head in disgust. Of all the things the Mean Girls did for Liz Smalls, her act of betrayal did not go unnoticed. In her mind, Mercedes wasn't surprised at Liz's sudden departure after four months with the company. Whatever her reasons for leaving - health reasons, wanting to take time off, no longer wanting to deal with the verbal abuse from the non-Mean Girls on social media on a daily basis, Delia, Vero, and Mercedes supported her from day one. Sure they were a little mean by calling her a baby, but they weren't too far off. If Liz acted more age then her dress size, they wouldn't have much of a problem. Part of Mercedes wanted to let her have it, but another part of her hoped that the LA native came back and hopefully grew up.

"All that aside, there was also my own match, but my victory parade didn't last very long. Oh no. See, I've been dealing with someone who really has it out for me. She's like a bad cold you can't get rid of. An itch you just can't seem to scratch. A stain that not even Tide can wash away. If you haven't guessed who I'm talking about, it's obvious I'm talking about Zuri Chastain also known as Lady Justice. For four months, this girl playing out her superhero fantasies has tried everything that is possible to get a match with me. And each time, I shot her down. Until that one night when she interrupted me and DEMANDED to have a match. And this time, I gave in. I caved. You wanted a match, well, have at it. Until you just had to mess that up, didn't you? You had one job, Zuri.”

Mercedes holds up her index finger.

“You see, Zuri, you've made it your mission to piss me off. No, scratch that. I don't even know how we even got to this point, but somewhere along the way, you've managed to push my buttons, and this past Sunday was the last straw. Putting your hands on me last week was a BIG mistake. And now I'm going to make you and your sister regret it this week. Actually, SCW people, this “challenge” isn't something out of the blue. Oh no, not at all. This was SUPPOSED to be the match scheduled for Violent Conduct II...until Zuri had to get injured on the go-home show before the pay-per-view.”

It wasn't her fault that 'FRAGILE" was Zuri's middle name. Mercedes leans forward, a smirk crosses her face.

"Were you really trying to make this personal or just trying to top Misty's moment of awesome when she attacked Delia for no reason? I get it, Misty's an icon, she's a role model to us all. If disrespecting this company by walking out is anything, her sad, pathetic, and desperate attempt at humor last week did get her point across: that bullying little people is A-OK. But then, you're probably ten times worse then she is. Especially when you think it's cool to attack a talk show host and actress - Ricki Lake, I think her name was - who is more recognizable than you'll ever be. Your place shouldn't be in a wrestling ring, it should be in a jail cell.

"Instead, you've joined Necra. She wants to form this little group to answer the Mean Girls, that's fine by me, but, I mean, just ask yourself, 'why.' Are you getting enough oxygen up there? Have you gone out of the catacombs lately?  Just know that I've already beaten your leader twice in two weeks, Joanne Canelli doesn't scare anybody and she has never beaten me, and after I'm through with you and Blanca, I guess that means I've just ran through the "Daughters of Darkness" like a hot knife through butter. For all your annoying promos and baiting me to get in the ring with you, I guess this match had to happen eventually. What I didn't expect is that you had to involve your entire family into it."

Her smile fades, her expression menacing.

“Really, I honestly thought this was between us, Zuri. But then you invited your sister into this and now, what a surprise, I had no idea there was a third Chastain sibling in the family. He's not even a member of the roster, but he sure does have quite the mouth on him. Must be in the genes. Maybe you should convince SCW to give him a contract, if he's up to it. But I'm going to do something even better than that."

Mercedes pulls open a drawer and takes up a handful of ringside tickets for this weekend's show.

“I went out of my way to purchase these tickets just for you and your family, Zuri and Blanca, because I want them all to experience what they're missing when they attend an SCW event, and since we're on our current tour, even better. I went them all to sit at ringside and watch our match. Papa Chastain, Momma Chastain, Aunt Myrtle Chastain with the metal plate in her head, or maybe it’s Grandpa Louie Chastain with the false teeth, glass eye and wooden leg. Oh, and don't forget the cousins born out of wedlock. I've got tickets for them too."

Mercedes smiles.

“You're right, Zuri. You're absolutely right. We run this town. And by “we”, I mean the Mean Girls. I mean Hot Stuff International. Don't believe me? Well, to prove just how popular Mean Girls have been. We're so popular that we're used in Geno Jr's material. We're so popular that Misty had to used midgets to portray us. And while both of these incidents may or may not have been a little lowbrow, desperate, and just plain wrong, it would be funny, if it wasn't so sad. And thanks to you, I found a new purpose in life. Oh yeah, sure, defending my title that comes with the territory, but with you, I have found a reason for living, and it's to take you out – for good. Just as Misty has her own vendetta against Delia, I have my own, against you. I have had it up to here with you and your bullshit. Every move I make, every step I take, it seems as if you just can't handle it. This isn't even about a title.

"But I'll tell you what, Zuri. If either you or Blanca beat me this Sunday – and that's a big IF – then I'll give the winner a title shot, no questions asked. But if you don't, you won't. As a matter of fact, since you went out of your way to choose my match last show, which, as you well know, I walked out of victorious, I will chose a match for you. And because I'm a nice girl, I won't even keep you in suspense. I'll tell you who you will face at Climax Control 96. If you lose against me, then you will go one-on-one with Gothika. No, wait. You will go one-on-one with Raynin. No, no, no. You lose to me this Sunday in Waco, Texas, then you face BOTH members of The Fallen in a 2-on-1 handicap match!”

Was it fair? In her mind, it sounded like a pretty good wager. It's more than likely she'll have to approve the match, well any match, to Hot Stuff, Erik, or Christian, but it was worth a shot.

“It won't matter how many years of experience you've got on me, because none of you can't even come close to every match I've been in. So spoiler alert: I'm walking out of Waco, Texas with my hand raised. And guess who's walking out of the main event the Bombshell Champion – it won't be Roxi or Traci, that's for sure. Traci Patterson getting her first Bombshell Championship shot ever? And hockey season just started in Hell today. Delia will be doing all of us a favor by retaining the title, because Lord knows Roxi and Bombshell Championship does not equal ratings success. She practically killed whatever legacy the last time she held it.

"So, I may be outnumbered this week, but I'm far from outdone. Climax Control 95 looks like the Mean Girls will continue to do what we always do, and that's taking out the trash, one Bombshell at a time.

"Sorry not sorry."

Fade
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:52:30 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)