Author Topic: Hospitals… ugh.  (Read 571 times)

Offline Dani

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Danielle Weston
Hospitals… ugh.
« on: December 03, 2021, 11:47:49 PM »
Beep,
Beep,
Beep…

Dani could hear the all familiar sounds of the hospital, even though her feet stayed planted outside the sliding doors. She knew this time would be different but still the thought of having to step across the threshold into the unknown had left her paralysed. Climax Control had been and gone and her brother by choice Fenris was now upstairs getting the once over after the vicious attack from SUMA. Yet, Dani couldn’t help but feel the icy fear of the building standing before her casted her way.

The last time she was inside one of these, she was given the news that her mother’s condition had only gotten worse and that there was nothing more they could do for her. A secret she had kept from her friends and family. It wasn’t worth their pity, Danielle knew this day would come the moment her mother was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. That the immune disease would eventually snuff out the flame in her eyes and now she was just hanging on by a thread.

No wonder she was bitter.

Still she couldn’t just stand out the front of the hospital, and yet that’s where her feet felt cemented as she looked up at the layers upon layers of floors all filled with rooms, filled with people, filled with sickness and death. Shaking her head in defeat Danielle moved her right foot first towards the sliding doors, her grip on her fluffy navy coat grew a little tighter as her knuckles whitened as she tried to shield herself away from the dreadful feeling.

“For fucks sake, Danielle” she growled herself. “Get the fuck over it.” Her voice breaking in defeat.

The first step felt like a thud against the tiled floor of the foyer, the second step felt like a trip and then a stumble as Danielle wrangled with her footing. Her cheeks flushed at tripping over nothing, as she dragged her right hand down her face in embarrassment. No one had seen it, but still she felt like an idiot. Looking around the empty entrance, Danielle moved towards the reception desk. But she felt the buzz of her phone in her pocket. Reaching into her pocket to retrieve her phone, she was thankful for the distraction. Her finger swiped over the screen and her eyes did the rest.

Aron: K’s concussion results will be back in 5.

Danielle took a deep breath in before she quickly danced her fingers across the screen.

Danielle: I’m on my way up.

Moving towards reception, Danielle wasted no more time dwelling on the heaviness of her feet as she seeked out the information she required. Aron and Fenris were on the 7th floor in room 14B. Moving towards the elevators, Danielle’s hand reached out to touch the up arrow but her finger couldn’t quite touch the button. A heavy ache in her chest, she couldn’t lift as she rocked herself forward on her heels to force her finger to make an impact. The silver doors slid open, exposing an empty cube that Dani slid into. Her index finger found the 7 before she pushed herself into the back corner of the cube. Her hands jammed into her pockets, as she tilted her head back to stare at the blinding fluorescent lights.

“Keep staring at the lights like that and you’ll damage your corneas.” An unfamiliar voice sounded.

As she was staring she had missed the arrival of a middle aged male doctor, who couldn’t help but look at Danielle as if she was stepping too close to the sun. Adjusting her attention to the doctor, Danielle double blinked trying to remove the white dots that were now burnt on her eyes. She couldn't make out his face the stupid white dots blocking it, but she could tell he was at least 6ft, dressed in blue scrubs, and had dark black curly hair.

“That might have been the plan, you wouldn’t happen to know a good ophthalmologist?.” Danielle teased.

He chuckled before replying as the doors slid closed.

“I could recommend a few.” Dr White Spot replied. “Everything okay? Or do you normally just stare into bright fluorescent lights?” He questioned.

Dani looked across at him, noticing the coffee cup in his left hand, her eyesight returning to normal.

“Just hate hospitals, and everything in them.” Dani bit back.

“Everything?! That’s a little harsh. I’d like to think there’s a few redeeming qualities about hospitals” He smiled, widely.

Dani looked him up and down, smirking wildly.

“Do you often talk to strangers in the lift?” She questioned.

He just smiled and shrugged his shoulders innocently.

“What can I say, I’ve got impeccable bedside manner.” A sly wink.

Dani looked at him blushing, as she could now see his handsome features. Before he could reply further the doors dinged open to the seventh floor. Dani didn’t bother to turn to look towards the door. Her focus was on the Dr Dreamy before her, his eyes, blue just like how she loved them. A sound of a clearing throat echoed into the small silver cubed room as a large gentleman stepped in and ate up the space. It was Fenris and his murderous eyes were glaring between the Doctor and Dani. Without a second thought he wrapped his right arm around Dani’s shoulders and pulled her into his side.

“Babe.” Fenris said with a growl.

His eyes not leaving the Doctor. David stepped in behind Fenris, he too tucked himself into Dani’s free side and rested his chin on the top of her head, protectively.

“Hello Darling.” He purred.

Aron followed suit, reaching out and cupping his hand under Dani’s chin lifting her fiery gaze up to his. He could tell she was embarrassed by the heat of her skin.

“My sweet girl.” Aron whispered.

As the good looking doctor just eyes her up and down in disbelief as she tries to explain under half lidded eyes that it wasn’t what it looked like. It didn’t matter he left the elevator without another word spoken. As soon as the doors slid closed, all three grown men let go of Dani shooting her protective glares.

“You’re unbelievable you know that right?” Dani huffed.

Aron and David just chuckled to themselves while Fenris looked down at his little sister with concussed eyes.

“I know right.” He bragged.

Dani just rolled her eyes before pulling him in for a hug, one he couldn’t fight off due to his current medical state.

“You scared me tonight.” Her voice hitched, as sadness flooded her face.

Fenris just gave her a little squeeze, he had no words for his little sister right now as he was still trying to process what had happened himself.

<FONT COLOR=#FFD801>=)