Author Topic: Maaaaate!  (Read 271 times)

Offline Kale

• View Profile
    • Kale Smith
Maaaaate!
« on: June 17, 2016, 11:23:24 PM »

We open up inside the SCW headquarters in Vegas to see Mark “Hot Stuff” Ward and Christian Underwood sitting behind a desk looking up at a big screen television that is up on the wall. The TV is displaying some very amateur backyard wrestling from Indy shows to gyms. The footage quickly comes to a stop and an unfamiliar face pops up on the screen. The guy is around 6’2, with dark brown hair that’s messy and untidy; his big brown eyes are piercing almost alluring as he looks towards the cameras in front of him. He is wearing a big baggy back t-shirt that has Billabong scrawled across the front of it and a pair of baggy green yet tropical board shorts. His feet are bare and around his ankle he has some braided anklets. The backdrop in his video is a hot and humid Darwin beach, with a slight breeze blowing, moving his hair from side to side.

<p style="color:#6CBB3C">“G’DAY MAAAAAAAAAAATES!!!”

His loud Australia accent was enough to show Mark and Christian where he was from without even saying anything else. Mark quickly turned to Christian and rolled his eyes.

Hot Stuff: You’ve got to be kidding me?

Christian: Are you going to complain about every tape we watch today?

Hot Stuff turns away from Christian and folds his arms across his chest to focus back on the video in front of him. Christian however had a note book and pen in hand writing down details as the Aussie spoke.

<p style="color:#6CBB3C">“Ah so I’m not really sure where to start on this one but the names Kale; Kale Eli Smith if your my mum. I come from a small northern inner suburb in the city of Darwin in the Northern Territory called Ludmilla. Ludmilla, not much to do around there aye, the towns pretty prehistoric but it’s my home. It’s a got a pub, I mean what else would you want? I grew up in a large family of seven brothers and sisters and before you ask, yes we did have a television it’s just we breed up big in Darwin. You never know when your family needs to team up and become a footy team. Ah what else do you want to know about me? I’m twenty three and was born on the first of August in winter… I mean mum tells me it was the coldest day in Darwin’s history on the day I popped out to say G’day, for the record it was about thirty-five degrees and the humidity was about ninety-nine point nine so it’s just another summer’s day if you ask me.”

Kale fires off a quick smile as he speaks before he runs his tongue over his dry lips thinking of what to say next. Mark Ward turns back to Christian Underwood and lets out a massive exhale.

Hot Stuff: I hate this guy already.

Christian: Don’t even think about touching that remote.

Mark takes his hand off the remote and folds his arms back across his chest as Christian reaches over and steals the remote away from him.

<p style="color:#6CBB3C">“I guess you want to know how I got my start in wrestling huh? Well to be completely fair dinkum with you it wasn’t my first option; I had big dreams of becoming the next Aerial Ping-Pong player in Darwin, that’s Australian rules footy for all of you who have no idea what I’m talking about.  I loved the sport, I mean any sport you can play that gives you points for trying to score a goal, is alright by me aye. More sports should be like that, it encourages the young tackers to give it a red hot crack of the whip, instead of sitting on their arses all day playing stupid video games. I shouldn’t joke tho aye, I was pretty bloody good at it, Man of the match and all that jazz but one night the inner dingo came out and well you know what they say you can’t tame a wild dog.”

Mark starts to tap his foot on the floor looking displeased with Kale’s audition tape while Christian continues to take down some notes.

Christian: He kinda reminds me of someone.

Hot Stuff: Oh like half of the other losers we have around here?

Hot Stuff lets another exhales escape his lips before he pretends to be interested in what’s happening on the screen in front of him.

<p style="color:#6CBB3C">“Who knew that one night on the turps, a barney in a pub, followed by a bingle on the road that I would end up being taken away in a paddy wagon, with the blue and light taxi drivers and being locked up for the night. I spent a few good days in there aye, started seeing things I did. I saw even more things when I got out, like my missus leaving me, taking all my dollarydoos, I saw my sponsorships getting ripped up and my jersey being taken away from me… I saw the back of my dad’s hand on my face too aye. That never stops being depressing. So I took off on my own headed down south. Bloody down south is rats country, I don’t know anyone can live down there, it’s bloody chilly. Nothing good ever came out of down south, unless were taking about a lady, because the map of Tassie is alright with me.”

Kale flashes his big bright white smile before he continues on speaking.

Hot Stuff: Did he just say dollarydoos?

Christian: He did.

Hot Stuff: What an idiot.

Mark runs his hand through her hair trying to keep up with what is happening while Christian turns his full attention back to the screen.

<p style="color:#6CBB3C">“So to make ends meet I took a job at one of the local gyms and low and behold in the back of the gym there was a wrestling ring. That’s when I put on the best twenty dollar k-mart runner is could find and I started to learn the art of the dance. All I can say is that I’ve been pretty fit my whole life, running away from snakes, crocodiles and drop bears but nothing compares to running the ropes for two weeks straight back to back. I didn’t actually run from snakes aye, I caught em and put em my sisters sock drawers. Crocodiles well there a few funny tales around that, bloody snappy bastards and as for drop bears mate, their real, I mean you only see them after sucking back on kerosene but I’ve seen em. They’ll touch you up and not in a hello ladies meet Mr Smith kind of way.”

Mark lets out a slight chuckle, which takes Christian off guard.

Christian: He definitely reminds me of someone.

Hot Stuff: Haha snakes in a sock draw, genius

Christian just shakes his head at Mark before the footage continues.

<p style="color:#6CBB3C">“I’m getting a little bit off track aye, but the rest I guess is history. I spent three years working in the gym perfecting the art of wrestling, now before you go it takes a lot longer than three years you Muppet. Stone the crows and hear me out. In those three years I don’t think is slept more than three hours each day, I was either cleaning the gym, personal training some birds or I was training myself, if I wasn’t running and bumping in the ring I was watching tapes, I was training in mixed martials arts. I didn’t stop until my body gave out and passed out underneath me. I’ve spent many mornings waking up in the middle of that wrestling ring, not even going to lie some of the best nights of my life.”

Hot Stuff: Obviously this guy has never had sex or well real sex with a lady…

Christian: Seriously that’s all you got out of that?

Hot Stuff: That’s all he said.

Once again Christian looks disappointed in Mark Ward but he turns his attention back to Kale’s video jotting down some more notes. While Mark gets out his phone and fires off some tweets on twitter.

<p style="color:#6CBB3C">“So here I am, sending my wrestling tapes around the world, looking for an opportunity, looking for a moment to stand out so I can try to shine. I know I might not come across as a serious guy, but trust me aye; I’ll be the hardest worker in the room. I’ll be the first guy to arrive and the last bugger to leave the arena each and every night. I’ve got a tribe of people to impress and I’ve got a fistful of wrongs I need to make right. However you’ll never see this bleeding heart complain, I’ll do whatever you want me to do to benefit the business. It’s that she’ll be right mate attitude I’ve got running through my veins. Alright enough of the chin wagging it’s time for you to see what I can do and hopefully, someone out there sees something in me and well I can finally live out my life in the grand old world of wrestling. Hoo-Roo for now”

Hot Stuff: Well that was a waste of ten minutes I’ll never get back.

The tape fades out before footage of Kale wrestling in the gym starts to roll, showing the different styles and moves that he can do. Meanwhile Hot Stuff has got up from his seat and has made his way toward the door to the conference room looking for an exit.

Christian: I think we should invite him Japan and let him have a try out match.

Just as Hot Stuff’s hand fell onto the door knob to turn it and leave the room, he stops dead in his tracks and looks back at his co-owner in shock.

Hot Stuff: WHAT why? Did you not just watch the same crappy video that I just watched? He’s not getting a try out match in my company.

Mark puffs up his chest as he looks down at Christian who is still taking notes and watching Kale’s try out video. He is completely unaware of the confused yet questioning look that is on his colleagues face.

Christian: I think you’ll find that it’s our company and well… I want him to try out.

Christian keeps his eyes glued to the screen as Mark Ward opens the door to the conference room about to take his exit he quickly yells out.

Hot Stuff: He’s not coming to Japan and that’s final.

Mark steps out of the room and behind him he swiftly slams the door. Christian lets out a slight laugh before a sheepish smile crosses his face. He lifts the pen that’s in his hand and brings it up to his lips to bite on the end of it.

Christian: Oh I think you’ll find… that he will be.

With that said and done the footage fades out to nothing. This leaves us with some valid questions. What did Kale do to change Mark Hot Stuff Ward’s mind in his try out match? Or is Hot Stuff still against Kale? You know what they say you don’t make friends with salad and maybe just maybe that’s what’s happening with Wardo and Smithy. It also leaves us guessing as to whether or not Kale can wrestle? Or will he just be the next jobber in the Sin City Wrestling ranks. One thing is for sure tho, he has signed his contract with the company and his first official match happens this week at Climax Control episode one hundred and fifty when the Thunder from Down Under takes on the big bad Markus Reeves. How will Kale stack up to everyone’s opinion of him being the next shining star in Sin City Wrestling from Tommy Knock’s twitter poll? That’s a lot of responsibility for a laid back larrikin. Will Kale rise up? Or will Kale be left out of fridge too long and weather? All these questions and more will be answer this Sunday when Sin City Wrestling brings you a very special edition of Sunday night Climax Control… Until then he’ll be right mate.

--

The scene opens up to show the Sin City Wrestling New comer Kale Smith. He is wearing a pair of short cargo pants that cut off at his knees, with a white t-shirt that is covered with an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt. His feet are bare as they are dug deep into the sand at the fake beach at the mirage hotel in Las Vegas. His surroundings are quiet as he is basically alone, in the very early hours of the morning. He looks around his beach setting and smirks before running his right hand through his messy hair before starting his first SCW promo. <p style="color:#6CBB3C">“So after a few weeks of hype and a few weeks of waiting I finally get to make my SCW debut. Well my official debut not the one at Into the Void where I spent the night being chased by security. I found out Mark Ward was behind that one. Nice one Wardy.”

He flashes the camera in front of him a cheeky smile and a fast thumbs up. <p style="color:#6CBB3C">“This Sunday night I get to go up against Markus Reeves the seven foot giant who has done nothing but beef up his stew on Twitter. I mean really mate you want to sit behind a keyboard and come at me over twitter and not even tag me? Yet you’re meant to be some kind of freak, some kind of monster. You’re a keyboard basher so there’s no shade on me bro. Saying washed up over used rubbish that us Aussie have been hearing since the dawn of time, calling me a roo rooter aye, saying that you’re going to wish I never came to America aye, blowing up saying that you’re a dingo and gonna eat this baby and not to forget that you’re going to beat the holy fuck out of me.”

Kale just shakes his head from side to side before he continues. <p style="color:#6CBB3C">“Let me get some things cleared up mate, first of all… if you even tried to root a roo you’d find yourself getting knocked the faaark out, not only that you’d have you intestines ripped out of your body with a swift kick… so let this be a warning to you, don’t take my heritage as a weakness mate, because we Aussie boys are born tough, raised tough and we fight tough. So keep your shrewd little jabs at one half of my national coat of arms to a minimum or at Climax Control I might just show exactly what it would be like to fight a big bloody red mate and you won’t like it. Left right, left right, right pow, down. One two three. That’s how simple it will be bruh. Underestimating an Aussie wouldn’t be a very wise move on your behalf so keep yah eyes peeled like a banana son because on Sunday, a bit of national pride is going to get smacked across your raggedy bucket full of busted arse holes face of yours.”

Kale runs his fingers through his messy mop like hair once more as he smiles. <p style="color:#6CBB3C">“Where you from mate, billing yourself from hell like every other head case in this world, you wanna play with fire aye? Thinking that you’re a lost soul with nothing to give but punishment and arse beatings? I don’t buy it; hell must be pretty fucking empty with all these monsters and demons running around earth spreading their lies like Shelias who enjoy spreading their legs, like a hot knife in butter, it just glides.”

His white teeth are on display once more as Kale lets out a goofy smile once more. <p style="color:#6CBB3C">“So on Sunday you think you’re going to make me wish I never came to America? There ain’t nothing going to make me wish that Marko you see Vegas is like my second home, you really think I’m going to give up on that. Not only do you really think that some shit stain on life, that’s you by the way… is going to make me regret coming to America? I don’t know what runs through your head Marko but it ain’t sense… it must be marbles, you thinking that you have that power to hold over someone you don’t even know? Who are you? Home line security? Fuck off out of here with that big boy attitude thinking at you’re the king of the playground because you’re only going to trip, fall, scrap ya knees and cry about it like a bitch. It same with all the monsters that lurk the wrestling world, they talk a big talk but when the pressure is on em, they go from being a lump of coal to a pile of dust aye.”

He fires off another stern look at the camera before he takes a small break to catch his thoughts. <p style="color:#6CBB3C">“Coming at me with the Dingo ate my baby line, fuck up on out of here that’s a true story you mother fucker and its disrespectful as fuck… you might be bigger than me but on Sunday I’m going to love cutting you down to size and putting you on notice. Your win at Into the Void doesn’t mean nothing to me mate, so don’t even start throwing that at me. I ain’t having it. I ain’t Alex Rush, I mean I might be but I’m pretty sure I’m not… so before you even fire that bullet, just know you’ll be shooting blanks… all these Aussie shoots are making you come up looking dry and nasty like a dead dingos donga.”

Another smug look crosses his face as the loveable larrikin continues.<p style="color:#6CBB3C">“Fair dinkum mate, you need to check your self, coming at me with lines like this dingo is going to eat this baby. You think that’s a threatening line but at home mate, that’s what trashed guys say to trashy girls and expect to get laid aye. No bull. So hop off on that Marko because trust me, I don’t play that way.”

Kale shakes his head from side to side before.<p style="color:#6CBB3C">“Then you want to come at me saying you’re going to beat the holy fuck out of me, well mate I don’t have a holy fuck in me so good luck with that champ. You’re going to need it but hav-a-go-ya-mug I’m fanging for a good fight and this Sunday night I think it’s a great night for it to go down. I don’t give a toss how big you think you are or how mad you think you are, this Sunday I’ve got a point to prove mate and right now you’re the brick shit house that’s standing in my way.”

He starts to wrap up his first promotional but taking a few steps away from the camera. <p style="color:#6CBB3C">“A wins a win and I would surely like one on Sunday at Climax Control in my debut match up but if not, she’ll be fucking right mate… it’ll be good as fucking gold aye, because win or lose bud, I get to be myself this Sunday night and you get to be some bitch ass sheep walking around in wolves clothing trying to prove that you’re a big dog. Pretenders don’t last in this world aye, so you might want to check ya back yard before you start digging up and trashing mine.”

He nods as if to agree with himself before he finishes his promo with the last line. <p style="color:#6CBB3C">“With that all said, I can’t wait to see you all on Sunday and hopefully I’ll get to Toss My Salad”

With that said and done Kale walks away from the camera leaving it to fade out on the empty beach pool at the mirage hotel in Vegas.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:39:27 PM by Kale »
KALE