Author Topic: Asterisk the 31st: Line of Succession  (Read 306 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk the 31st: Line of Succession
« on: May 13, 2016, 11:31:33 PM »
 Momento de claridad V: Gloria desvanecida/Moment of Clarity V: Faded Glory
24 de abril de 2016 ♦ H I R O S H I M A, J A P A N  

Two weeks ago
Climax Control 146

“Unbelievable...just unbelievable.”

[That was the only thought that was crossing Mercedes's mind as she made her way towards the backstage area. Whatever hope she had of bouncing back after Blaze of Glory was all but gone, whatever chance she had of avenging her last defeat to Kate Steele was all for naught. Everything seemed bleak during the match. She didn't know how long she was in the match for, but fatigue was setting in and she was flirting with injury, no thanks to what Kate and The Angel Clan had already put her through. Yet despite the pain, the overwhelming odds, the shenanigans, Mercedes somehow, someway, fought through it, took down Lucy and Melanie,  and made the desperate tag to Roxi. The momentum had shifted, if only briefly. There was only so much Holly could do and, within a blink of an eye, victory was fleeting.

Kate Steele got away with murder and lived to tell about it. She took her belt and took out Keira with it, allowing Melanie to hit her finisher and get the win for her team, their first-ever win over Team Hero and another shot at their tag titles. It was easy to play the blame game and point fingers for who was responsible for the loss. Some say that Holly Wood was at fault; others say it was the Kate, Melanie and Lucy working together to give themselves every advantage, still others say that it was Keira, who found herself staring up at the arena lights for the second week in a row. In the end, it didn't matter. The Angel Clan won, Kate Steele can brag about the win, too. As for Mercedes? It was her third loss in a row.

The fans in Hiroshima were taken back by Melanie's news after the match. Mercedes had already forgotten most of it as she held her injured arm on the way backstage. She had every intention of heading to the Bombshells lockerroom and maybe even leaving Climax Control altogether.

Yet her plans would be delayed for the moment. Waiting for her was Rocky Mountains, hoping to get an quick interview.
]

Rocky Mountains: Mercedes, another tough loss tonight. How do you explain what happened out there?

Mercedes: What's to explain? Everyone saw what happened. Maybe you should bother Roxi and Keira with your questions. I don't feel very much like talking.

[Rocky noticed right away as she stumbled along to her next question, following Mercedes down the hall.]

Rocky Mountains: I know you're upset after the loss, and you have every right to be, but...

Mercedes: Gee, really? What was your first clue?

[Her response was curt. This was not how she thought the night would end. Hopefully, she made herself clear that the interview was over. She didn't want to go back to her old Mean Girl ways, but Rocky was already testing her patience. Rocky, however, pressed the issue.]

Rocky Mountains: You and Team Hero really brought the fight tonight, but Kate using her title to take out Keira turned the tide. Do you care to comment on Kate's actions? The Angel Clan?

[Mercedes' pace quickened, but Rocky kept up with her each way.]

Mercedes: Kate Steele already proved what kind of champion she is by what she did tonight, and Melanie and Lucy aren't much better. I needed that win, Team Hero needed that win, to continue my momentum. The Angel Clan have been getting away with some shady stuff lately, and I'm just about sick and tired of it!

[Several people take notice of the conversation, some helplessly staring, others swiftly pass by or turn away. Mercedes couldn't care less about making a scene. If the sheep wanted to stare, so be it.]

Mercedes: I'm just about sick and tired of people like Kate Steele getting cheap easy wins they don't deserve!

Rocky Mountains: Well, how are you going to come back from this loss with the supercard less than a month away? What about your arm? Will you be able to wrestle next show?

[Her best wasn't good enough to prevent Team Hero from losing their first-ever match as a team. What difference did it make if it was at Into the Void? And even then if she was on the card. Mercedes whirls around abruptly, surprising the interviewer.]

Mercedes: What should you care? You're just paid to hold up a stupid microphone. As for my next match, whenever that may be, I'll be there, injured arm or no. Count on it!

[Clearly upset, Mercedes' tirade wasn't over just yet.]

Mercedes: I was one of the best Bombshells on the roster, but it's all just faded glory of the past. Losses like these are unacceptable.I'm better than that, Rocky, and I know I'm better than Kate Steele and The Angel Clan.  

[With that said, Mercedes waste no time before turning herself around and starting to continue her way down the hall. Her plan remained in place. She was through. She was through with the questions. She was through with the night. She was through with the losses. She was through staying for the rest of the show. At this point, she just wanted to get her stuff and leave Hiroshima as fast as humanly possible. What happened tonight would loom over her for days in the wake of the tour of Japan. Her tenth visit here. While the old Mercedes would have seeked revenge on Kate Steele and The Angel Clan, the new Mercedes decided revenge was pointless and waited for karma to work for her. As for her next match, she would have to try her best to avoid another defeat.]

~ ~ ~

Blog: A Series of Unfortunate Events the Twelfth: Apuntar a la luna/Shoot for the Moon
semana del 1 al 7 de mayo de 2 0 1 6

2016 has been interesting. The year started off promising when I was in charge of the first Climax Control of the year. I had an awesome match with my toughest rival, Zuri Chastain. I even added another championship reign to my collection. All good things. But with the good, there's the bad too. Celeste North and Alexis Edwards tried to ruin my show that night, and one Candy Overton had her sister, personal assistant and her best friend attack me and Zuri out of spite. Alexis nearly ended my career, because reasons. And Blaze of Glory....

Yeah, let's not talk about Blaze of Glory. In fact, the less we talk about that night, the better.

I've been called many things. Some of them were nice, others not so much. But if there is one admirable trait, one thing I'm known for it's being resilient and maybe even tenacious. Most people will tell you it's a great quality to have, especially if you're trying to accomplish something challenging that takes a while to complete.  If something is worth doing, it's worth doing well, right? It takes persistence, perseverance, and stubborn determination. You can be the greatest athlete in the world, but talent alone isn't going to cut it without the tenacity needed to make that long hard journey from irrelevance. Tenacity is the character of someone who refuse to lose, who just won't quit, who keeps trying until they reach their goal.

For me, that goal is becoming a world champion. Now, don't get me wrong, while I haven't been in wrestling as long as others like Crystal, I have made a name for the past seven years in this industry and accomplished quite a lot in that time, including being a hall of famer. I'll admit that wrestling wasn't my first choice in life. I wasn't a student of the game, I never watched it when growing up, I never wanted to be a wrestler at all. I left Argentina at 21 to go to America with little money, knowing little English, and having a little dream rooted in the American dream. If training for a wrestling career at 24 makes me a late bloomer, so be it. If taking a three-year detour into acting/modelling is me being indecisive at the time, then so be it. If picking up the wrestling bug again at 28 until present makes me determined, then, yeah, I guess I am. If there is such a thing as a rocket to stardom, I was on it. My rookie year, it wasn't long before I had my name out there as one to watch in the wrestling world. I was on a year-long title reign with my first championship, the world was at my feet. My third year, I held four championships – at one time, in three different promotions, I went on unbeaten streaks. I was in the top six of the best female singles wrestlers in the world. To put it frankly, I had arrived.

And, yes, I've been world champion before on two occasions.

There has never been a year where I wasn't holding a title or accepting an award or accomplishing some accolade, yet even I know that nothing lasts forever. There were some promotions where success didn't come right away, if at all. I've had my share of hills and valleys just like everybody else. But in the end, I came out all the better for it. My career win-loss record has plummeted, but that hasn't stopped me in the slightest. Even in SCDub, my record isn't all that great. I've beaten a lot of people, a lot of people have beaten me. I don't think anyone thought I'd be a three-time World Bombshell Tag Team or Bombshell Roulette Champion or that I would share the record for the most championships won in the company let alone approaching my three-year anniversary next month.

Tenacity is what carried me through all the years I've been in SCW and my career. I've perservered through all kinds of matches and opponents, injuries and setbacks, and the stigma that followed me when I was a member of one of the most infamous stables in the company. It's any wonder why I'm still here after that episode.

But the reason why I've survived this long all goes back to accomplishing the one goal I have yet to reach, winning the world championship. And isn't that what we're all here for? Isn't that why everyone signs on the dotted line? Of course. This Sunday, I get my shot at holding SCW gold once again, and I have to beat Samantha Marlowe to do so. It's the first time we're facing one another, it's for the biggest prize in the Bombshells division, and it's the last match of the night. Yeah. It's THAT important.

Anyone who is anyone in SCW knows that Sammi can do no wrong and, like Roxi, you have to try very hard to find a reason to be mad at her. (fingers crossed that whole mess with Jamie Dean was water under the bridge). And I honestly believe that. Sam, you're good people. You took it upon yourself to help Ryan Keys get adjusted in the company, you devoted time and energy to put smiles on faces during Christmas last year. In nine months, you've taken SCW by storm and I guess having the host of the Hotwire smitten with you isn't a bad thing either. You've been one of the most surprising signings since day one and I would be a fool selling you short because, let's face it, we both know you're talented. You wouldn't be one of only three people to pin Mikah one-on-one let alone end her title reign if you weren't. Nothing but respect for you, hun.

But now come Sunday, another title defense, another challenger. I'll go on record and say the only thing we have in common is that Melanie Gabrielle isn't an easy person to beat. But you're not stepping in the ring with just ANY challenger, you're stepping in the ring with “a threat to any title the world over.”  It's a nice little blurb of a match preview, a great way to hype the match, but it doesn't make it any less true. I've accomplished quite a lot in a span of two years in Sin City. Ask around, they'll tell you.

I'm well on my way to joining a very exclusive list. I'm one title away from making history, one title away from reaching my goal: becoming world champion. And it's been two years since I've been one. As a matter of fact, I still have that very championship after the promotion closed in 2014, but another story for another day, perhaps.

This story, my story, is something I want to have a happy ending to.

Under the bright lights, on the biggest stage, in front of the most passionate wrestling fanbase in the world.

Some people feel I don't deserve to be in this title match to begin with, others see me as a warmup before Into the Void and some say I should be desperate ahead of our match because of my history in previous world title matches. Tommy Knocks went on to say that a world championship reign is long overdue. I say it's a little of both. I've got the ability, I've got the talent and I've got the drive. It's up to me to put it all together and end the night with my hand raised in victory.

You're only 22 and you have the whole world ahead of you. I know I won't be in the ring forever and it's time to step back and let the future stars of this company lead the way to a brighter future.

I've practically done it all, but I'm not done just yet.

Because this rollercoaster ride isn't over yet.

There is a great quote: "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." I think I've been hanging on a star for a long time. I'm tired of setting my sights high, only to come close yet so far. I want my name to be among the constellations Misty, Vixen, and Delia Darling.

Or maybe it's time that this star shines bright on her own.

I'm walking into Climax Control the challenger, but I'm walking out the next World Bombshell Champion.

I just need you to do one thing, Sammi.

Just keep that title warm for me.

You had a great match with Mel at Blaze of Glory, don't get me wrong, but I think we can do better, don't you? Christian seems to think so, Mark seems to think so. Hell, the fans seem to think so. That's why we're headlining Climax Control 148. That's why we're going to give them a match they will be talking about the morning after and into the week leading up to the next card.

And when you stand across from me in that ring, when Justin Decent make the proper introductions for our match, when the referee holds up that championship to the crowd letting them know what's at stake, I hope between the bells that I am the challenge you're looking for and live up to being every bit as tough as your last one.

Good luck this weekend, Sam, and I'll see you in Kobe, Japan.

~ ~ ~

Momento de claridad VI: Como siempre/Moment of Clarity VI: As Always
/
3 del mayo de 2016 ♦ S E T A G A Y A, T O K Y O, J A P A N

[[They say hindsight is 20/20. I wish I had perfect vision like that. Otherwise I wouldn't need to be wearing reading glasses. I still don't need them. It's just for keeping up appearances.]]

We fade in on Mercedes sitting in the bedroom, which also doubled as her living quarters, of her Tokyo apartment. She sits cross-legged near the middle of the floor, wearing rather tight black yoga-style pants, no shoes on and a white top with her hair down and enjoying the contents of her bento lunchbox set in a tray. Here we see a sample size helping of teriyaki, soft tacos and guacamole in cups. A cup of tea is in her hand as she absently looks down at her iPad.

[[Anyway, I've been listening to “The Hotwire” from the past week to killl time. The rumor mill segment is my favorite so far.[b ]][/b]

“Rumors have been swirling around that Alexis Edwards is looking for a way out of her contract...”

[[That gem brought a smile to my face. I had Climax Control on when cooking when I paused to listen to yet another profanity-laced rant. Yup, classic Lex, alright. Even now, I shake my head as Tommy ran through the rest of the rumor mill. Like I said, it's my favorite segment, but even I'm smart enough to take some of the news items with a grain of salt. Watching Alexis pretty much put those rumors to bed in another one of her classic rants was good for SCW and I'm glad she won't be leaving anytime soon.

Besides, she still hasn't beaten me yet. I bet she would want to avenge her defeat to me one of these days.
]]

“There's an SCW Bombshell that have been receiving stalker-like emails – someone told me about this the other day. Um, like creepy stuff, fan letters, kinda creeping her out. I won't say who the Bombshell is because, you know, I don't want to throw that out there.”

[[Wow. The nerve of some people. Now, I'm no stranger to Twitter trolls – probably the same people who came up with the notion that I eat babies...wait, what? - but everybody has their limits. Some people have way too much time on their hands.]]

Mercedes heads for the fridge and opens it, revealing bottles of water and a few other perishable items – butter, yogurt, milk. Japanese sweets as well, bought at a candy shop a few days ago. She retrieves a water bottle.

[[ The last twenty minutes of the show went by and I processed what I had just heard. Tommy Knocks may not be everyone's favorite cup of tea, but I can't help but wonder if enjoys being insuffable on air as he is in real life. It doesn't take long to even think about it. Definite yes.]]

Mercedes shakes her head as an irritating sound chimes through the apartment. She receives an incoming IM and reads who its from. She looks dismayed.

Estelle: Hola, Merce ¿qué tal? ¿Qué haces?
Hello, Merce, how are you? What are you doing?

Mercedes: Hola, mami.  Nada, nada. Un poco cansada.
Hello, mom. Nothing, nothing. Just a little tired.

Estelle: ¿Cómo está el tiempo in Japon?
How’s the weather in Japan?

[[Every time my mother tries to hold me in small talk during a holiday, there was always something behind it. At Thanksgiving...]]

[Mercedes is at the dinner table with her family and everyone is speaking Spanish]

Estelle: Where are you going to? Mexico, Hawaii, London....

Mercedes: New Jersey, the Taj Mahal of the Northeast.

Estelle: Oh, that sounds wonderful. At least you can go to the beach.

Mercedes: That's what they want you to believe. There are no "beaches" in New Jersey, there's the shore.

Estelle: Well, at least you can go to the shore.

Mercedes: And you don't go to the shore, you go "down the Shore." And even then when you are there, you're not “at the shore.”, you're “down the Shore.”

Mercedes: Is there something you want to tell me?

Estelle: Well, it's about your aunt...

[[At Easter...]]

[Mercedes and her mom are driving home from Mass.]

Estelle: So did you see....

Mercedes: Yes, yes I did. The Pope's first Mass on TV. It was exhilarating. I would have been there, but tickets at the Vatican were sold out weeks ago.

Estelle: Well, you don't have to be sarcastic about it.

Mercedes: OK, what did I miss?

Estelle: It's about your visa...

[[Even at Festivus...]]

[Mercedes is seen on the sidewalk with Estelle collecting donations from random passerbys.]

color=pink]Estelle:[/color] Did your father order the Festivus pole like I asked him to?

Mercedes: For the fiftenth time, mom, yes. And just so we're clear, I know nothing about pole dancing.

Estelle: Mistakes were made.

Mercedes: What mistakes?

Estelle: It's about that want ad your brother put in the paper...

[[I'm pretty good at picking up the signs by now.]]

Mercedes: Mom, I want the truth.

Estelle: You know, I think it's time you start thinking about what you're going to do with the rest of your life.

Mercedes: What's wrong with it? You never had a problem with it before. Why bring it up now?

Estelle: Merce, you're not getting any younger and the clock is ticking. Do you want to be known as a spinster and bring shame on our family?

[[I groan a little, showing my frustration. I should have known this was coming.]]

[co lor=teal]Mercedes:[/color] Wait, so your dreams for your daughter isn't in the convent? Hallelujah!

Estelle: Merce, I'm serious. Look at Carmen and...

Mercedes: How she sacrifices her life every day. I know, mom, you say that all the time. You don't think I sacrifice my life every time I step in the ring? Most people don't have a long shelf life after 30.

Estelle: You know you can't do this forever. How many times have you visited the ER? Checked in for CAT scans and MRIs? At this point you're going to be a cripple.

Mercedes: And you know what? I think I'l take my chances. It beats being in the LAPD. Remember to tell Carmen that.

Estelle: You're going to regret saying that.

Estelle: Good talk, mom. I  have a world championship this weekend. But I guess I won't need your well wishes on Sunday.

My mother slowly shakes her head, a defeated sigh escapes her lips. Before she says another word, I end the Skype call and  shut down my iPad.

~ ~ ~

Blog: A Series of Unfortunate Events the Thirteenth: Línea de sucesión/Line of sucession
semana del 10 al 17 de abril de 2 0 1 6

The World Bombshell Championship has been held by 15 different Bombshells. Some title reigns were memorable, others not so much. But the one thing that separate you from the other 14 title holders?

You've got one hell of a fight on your hands if you want to leave Japan still champion and make it to Into the Void with the gold around your waist.

Crystal may be the number one contender, Mikah has yet to act rematch, and Lucy may have a say in a championship match, I'm the catalyst that can flip the script when June 5 comes rolling by. We're still a few weeks away from the supercard and anything can happen. If I beat you, I'm not only cementing my place in history, I finally put to bed and put to rest anyone doubting me again. I finally put my first two attempts at the title in my rearview mirror. I finally prove to myself, the fans and the world – not just the fans in attendance, but THE WORLD that I'm not past my prime.

Two years may not be a long time to win a world championship, but I'm going to make Sunday my night, my time, my moment, and my ascension.

Sam, you've been champion for a little over three months now and, provided you get past me, you could be reaching 100 days, which would be awesome, but, unfortunately, I can't allow that to happen. It's time for the queen to take her rightful position in SCW. It's time for the queen to not only take the throne, but the crown too. You have that crown, Sam Marlowe, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to take it from you.

I'm hope you're ready.

Because the line of succession happens at Climax Control.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 04:07:44 PM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)