Author Topic: Chapter 18  (Read 281 times)

Offline The Seraphinas

• View Profile
    • Lucy Seraphina
Chapter 18
« on: May 06, 2016, 10:30:17 PM »
 Book 1: Silent Shadow
Chapter 18:

~Part 1: Bennett~
~Years earlier~
Lucy felt like she was going through withdrawls. She was going insane without fresh blood and for a vampire...or well maybe part or something like that. Lucy didn’t know what she was but she knew that she was tied down to her bed. She felt like her body was tearing itself apart, she felt the blood flow through her body, it felt like she was turning once more. Lucy let out a loud scream. Lucy didn’t know that back then she was on the verge of frenzy.

Frenzy, the Beast takes over the vampire's personality, usually a result of extreme stress such as starvation, pain or public humiliation. The primary purpose of the frenzy is to kill or otherwise neutralize the stimulus responsible for inducing it, so a vampire driven to frenzy from hunger will attempt to feed on anything.

Lucy felt tired at the same time. She wanted to sleep but Lucia wouldn’t allow it.

Mel: Lucy?

Lucy: Let me go!

Lucy tried to break her binds again.

Mel: Lucy listen to me…I brought someone to help you.

Lucy: There is no way to help me!

“There is a way my dear.”

Lucy looked up to see a man with silver hair, sun glasses, a brown trench coat, jeans and a black shirt.

Lucy: Who are you?

“My name is Bennett, Lucy. I’m a full vampire and your sister seek me out. I heard you’re a neonate.”

Lucy: My bastard sire is dead.

Bennett: I heard, Lucy if you want I could take you back to Moscow for three months and help you learn our ways.

Lucy nodded.

Lucy: Deal!

~Part 2: Noel (#NP: “Hope’s theme song” from Final Fantasy XIII )~
~over a year and half ago~
Lucien, Gabe and Rhoda were stuck in a match together. Lucy was supposed to be over but she was late. The trio was at Lucien’s home in Washington. Gabe was playing Final Fantasy on Lucien’s big screen while Rhoda was painting her nails. Lucien was in the kitchen cooking for the three of them. Lucien sighed knowing he didn’t want to do this. He was willing to suck it up though.

Lucien: Hey guys I’m going out for some air. Dinner will be done in a bit.

Gabe: Alright we’ll watch the oven.

Rhoda: See ya in a bit!

Lucien walked out of the kitchen, past the living room and opened the front door. He saw storm clouds as he shut the door behind him. Lucien walked deeper into his yard; trying to get some space away from the gamer and the nail painter.

Lucien: Damn that nail polish is strong.

He took in a deep breath and took out his lighter. He started to play around with it.

Lucien: You’re late!

Lucy ran up to him.

Lucy: Sorry about that. Having to track people isn’t easy. Anyways what’s up?

Lucien turned his head and saw a basket on the door step. It made him raise his eye brow as he walked over to see what was in it. When he made it over he saw a baby girl in a blanket. That’s when the demon for the first time in his life felt joy in his heart.

Lucien: Come on, let’s get you inside.

Lucy: Is that a baby?

Lucien: Yeah it is.

Lucien picked the baby girl up.

Lucy: So you going to keep her?

Lucien nodded and walked into the home. Gabe and Rhoda looked up at the twins.

Gabe: What’s wrong?

Rhoda: OH MY GOD! GABRIEL LOOK!

Rhoda pushes Gabe out of the way.

Rhoda: Oh wow she’s a bundle of light. What’s her name?

Lucien: Noel.

Lucy looked up at him as Gabe walked over.

Lucy: After Grandma?

Lucien: Yes.

Lucy smiled as Noel’s eyes opened.

~Part 3:Lucia’s memory ~
She had just walked into his room. Her laptop bag went onto the tray table, noise filled the room. She had her back turned to him as he lay in bed.  
“Hi”. He spoke to her.  
“Hi”. She replied.  
She still had her back turned to him. She started to take her laptop out; she had a hunt to study on.  
“Hi”. He said again, not being able to hear her the first time.  
She turned her head to him and smiled.  
“Hi”. She said a bit louder.  
Little did she know that this day would be a shocker. This day she would feel her heart break from the one person she loved for years, the closest thing she had for a parent. It was supposed to be a normal trip to the “Hell hole” as she called the place but it would be the last time she’d be there. Her brother was out in the hallway grabbing a straw when…it would happen.

Lucy: Have you ever felt that you were bounded by chains. That you were stuck in one place because of that person? That you felt pain from them basically making you stay with them, getting them things and not getting a single thank you? Oh how one day that person did turn on you and yelled, swore and damned you because they were losing their mind. You would cry out in for freedom, you would scream out in pain, you would feel your body burn from the darkest parts of your mind.

[b]“Don’t you yell at me”! He roared.  
She jumped and turned to him. Her hands didn’t leave the laptop’s charger.  
“I didn’t yell at you”. She replied.  
“Yes you did”! He yelled at her.  
“I said hi to you not once but twice. I raised my voice because it’s so loud in here”. She said calmly.  
By this time though her brother came into the room.  
“What’s going on”? He asked.  
The two at the same time spoke but he had heard both. She had turned and shut the AC off; her brother though was with her relative.  
“She had her back to me”. The man from the bed said.
“She was taking her laptop out”. Her brother replied.  
She went back to taking it out. This time she got the charger out. She started to untangle it but only would have it put back.  
“I don’t want her near me”! The man from the bed exclaimed.  
The charger dropped back into the bag.  
“Let’s go! I’m not putting up with this”. She told her brother.  
But her brother protested at first.  
“You need to apologize to her”. Her brother told the man.  
“Sorry… [/b]

Go to hell”! He said looking at her.  
She felt her heart break. It felt like she was stabbed and tears started to flow down her face.
“Let’s go”! She yelled at her brother. “I’m not going to be taking this”!  
Her brother though looked at the man in bed. He walked up to him and got in his face.
“You do not talk to her like that! You need to stop acting like a bitch”! Her brother yelled at him.
She was already at the door, her bag in her hand.  
“You’re a bitch”. The man in bed replied.  
Her tears stopped. She only watched this time.  
“No, you know what?! You go to hell”! Her brother yelled and this made the two leave the room.

Lucy woke up with a start.

Lucy: Son of a bitch.

Claude: You alright?

Lucy nodded.

Lucy: Lucia again…

Claude: It’s okay I promise I’ll keep you safe.

Lucy laughed.

Lucy: Okay.

~Part 4: Japan (#NP: “Welcome to the Masquerade” by: Thousand Foot Krutch )~
I don’t have a problem with Mikah and she knows that. The fact that she doesn’t seem to care irks me though. Mikah you do know that I am someone who you don’t play around with. I know we’re polar opposites. You remind me of Uri while I’m more darker and not normal. But being normal is an illusion created by elites.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm still feeling the highs of last week and since then, I've been taking this week all in my stride. Knowing that I'm coming off of a huge win and can go straight into another one here. It's great. I wouldn't change a lot right now, to be honest - not even this week's challenge. It's another huge one. And no - I don't have a massive amount of title defenses behind me so I could do with a successful one. I mean, I need to really solidify my place as a dominant force. I suppose I haven't really done that for a while - which is a shame but I am prepared to do that this week and at any cost. Well, not at any cost... that makes me sound like I'm willing to cheat my way through this - which I'm not.

I'm going to get through this match by using my usual talents and in-ring skills. I'm sure the same could be said for you, Mikah. Not every single match of yours has perfect nor have roughly half of your matches worked out for you. I don't need to tell you, though, you're aware of it, since you were there. But does that mean that you know what you're doing? Well - you're not a rookie, You're just resting comfortably in the main event. So now is your opportunity to break away from that and truly make a name for yourself.

I'm confident that's what you're craving, isn't it? 'm sure that deep down, this is what you want. Whilst on the surface, there is a distinct lack of real focus on who I am, what I stand for and how I perform in addition to all I have achieved on the past, I'm sure that the intellect is there. Thus far, it's just not on display. I'm not doubting you - but if the awareness and insight is not prominent, then there is a moral struggle for me. Do I award you with any level of credit, merely applaud you on your noteworthy creativity or just shrug off your attempts thus far? I dunno - it's tough to judge. While you do carry yourself as a smart and worthy challenger, there is something off about you. I'm not sure what it is, exactly - but there's a disconnect of some description.

It just tough for me to really agree on your approach here. Have you got a gameplan? Have you thought this through? Do you understand what it is going to take - and do you feel capable of reaching those expectations? So many questions and so few answers right now.

But then I ask myself questions as well - primarily, do I have to watch my back here? I mean, Paddy, you don't have any mortal enemies around here so you'll be fine. You won't have anybody looking to screw you out of this opportunity - not really. Me, on the other hand? I've always had targets on my back.

Either way, I know that it's imperative that I watch my back in this one. Did you know that means that you have an advantage here, Miks? Did you recognize that as being a glaringly obvious factor? Probably not - I just had to spell it out for you. I mean, you could potentially be handed the win here through the means of a screw-job. Thankfully, though, I have plenty of people to back me up. So if it does happen, then I'll not only be able to counter it myself the way I have in the past but I'll also have the entire Clan.

I'm ready to smoothly transition from one type of opponent to another. While HERO was a far more fiery opponent, Miks is a more reserved one. Bot while they have their significant differences, there are also similarities between them such as their desperation to finally achieve something, given their past failures are still looming over them like a dark cloud they can't shake. I'm not entirely certain why - either they don't have the required skills, are simply unlucky or perhaps it's just because they're faced with men like me - unstoppable forces who show little to no weakness or vulnerability the way that the majority of my opponents have had flashing like fucking beacons.

So this is likely to be another repeat performance. I'll stand in front of the world and discuss how I feel I'm going to defeat you whereas you attempt to verbally defend yourself. I'll head down to the ring and you'll head down to the ring. We'll go to war. We'll both display an excellent level of talent and passion. Ultimately, my power, my dominance and my talent will far exceed yours and you won't be able to escape - not with the victory, at least. No, that's forever going to allude you. It's forever out of your grasp - particularly since you keep getting thrown into matches with the likes of me. I almost feel sorry for you there. You have so much promise, yet you're forever left being held back and that's because of me - because you're not being given the chance to shine.

Mikah…good luck.

Fade to black[/align]