Author Topic: Getting set to head south-west to Arizona  (Read 255 times)

Offline Damian Payne

• View Profile
    • "Sadistic Insanity" Damian Payne
Getting set to head south-west to Arizona
« on: June 08, 2017, 07:34:37 PM »
 [Scene opens up in Ale House at Amato's in downtown Denver, Colorado. A huge goliath of a man can be seen standing at the bar. He is Caucasian and has shoulder length slightly curly light brown hair and a light brown goatee beard. This is Damian Payne and he looks just like he always does. He wears a pair of black boots, a pair of knee-length denim shorts and a black T-shirt with "ChokeBomb Central" in orange on the front and "Hell Has Relocated!!!" in orange on the back. The camera pans round to the side as the bar tender (Jake) approaches.]

Jake: Usual Mr. Payne?

[Payne looks up from his cell phone.]

Payne: Yes please, Jake. How's your Momma?

Jake: One Arrogant Brewing Double Bastard - Bigger, Longer, Uncut coming right up.

[Jake grabs a glass and starts to prepare the drink.]

Jake: Mom's just fine.

Payne: That's good. Tell her I said "hi". How's that asshole she hooked up with? Oh and by the way - lose the lemon on the side. Nobody needs that sour shit messing up their beer.

[Payne puts his phone down on the bar.]

Jake: Aw shucks. Don't ask, Mr. Payne. The guy is a complete waste of space. I really don't know what she sees in him. Consider the lemon lost.

[Jake turns back to the front of house and puts Damian's drink on the bar. As he does so he catches sight of a picture on the screen on Payne's phone.]

Jake: What's that Mr. Payne?

[Payne glances down at the phone screen.]

Payne: Ah, that's the logo for a promotion that I'm soon to debut for. It's called Sin City Wrestling. And I am getting set to head south-west to Arizona in the next few days.

Jake: I thought "Sin City" was Las Vegas in Nevada?

Payne: It is. You are right. But Sin City wrestling tours around other areas as well.

Jake: So – where are you performing? I have friends in Arizona.

Payne: The BeeHoldzil Fighting Scouts Events Center in Fort Defiance. You know it?

[Jake thinks for a moment whilst Payne takes a drink.]

Jake: As it happens – I don’t think I do. What sort of match are you in? A battle royal or something?

Payne: No – I’m in a straight up singles match with a guy I have never heard of called Matt Spears.

Jake: Any relation to Britney?

[Jake laughs to himself as Payne almost spits out his drink.]

Payne: No man. I don’t think so.

Jake: So – what’s his story? What’s his background?

Payne: Honestly. Not a clue. Seems like someone else who is mad at the world and thinks he can get his own way just by stamping his feet and pulling faces. You know what, Jake – I’ve been there, done that and designed the t-shirt. But when it came down to the bottom line I took a look at what I saw and I hated what I was looking at. That’s when I started believing in myself more and chasing my dreams again.

Jake: Yeah – I know. You said that about UPW, the IXWA and that other place you were part of.

Payne: GEW?

Jake: Yes probably. I have to confess I didn’t catch much of your performances there. Sorry.

Payne: No worries.

Jake: So besides this Matt Spears guy – do you have your eyes on anyone else in Sin City Wrestling?

Payne: Well I’d be wrong if I said the World Heavyweight Championship wasn’t in my sights. That’s a given. Am I eligible for the Roulette Championship? Hell – I have no idea. I’m sure someone will tell me soon enough.

Jake: I’m sure they will.

Payne: And maybe the Tag Team Championships?

Jake: And who would you team with?

Payne: Initially I’d say someone like Rage. He’s a big old ass-kicker and even I have to say I’d rather be back to back with him than face to face. But then again there’s a guy that I am already aware of – Ryan Keys. He worked for me in the IXWA and is a championship caliber performer. Maybe I’ll see if he can still get things done.

[Payne looks at his watch. And then drains his beer glass.]

Payne: Anyway Jake – it’s high time I wasn’t here. I need to pack and get myself to the airport. When I get back from Arizona I’ll be sure to call in and let you know how I got on.

Jake: Sure thing Mr. Payne.

[And with that the scene fades out to black as Damian Payne makes his way to the door and Jake starts to serve the next customer who has just come into the bar.]