Author Topic: Always with the Flames!  (Read 528 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Always with the Flames!
« on: March 05, 2021, 11:54:53 PM »
“Well, that was unpleasant.” was the only thing that Miles could mutter when the scene before them unfolded between Austin James Mercer and Fenris, backstage. Miles wasn’t even going to be there for the show this week but something told him to pop in and make sure things were kosher.

Needless to say, they were far from it. Not even 2 weeks after being brought in to Wolfslair, he’s seeing it almost shake at the foundation.

Turning and looking at Bella, she gives him a sympathetic smirk before she heads off leaving him just standing there.

“Well, now what?” he says looking up and as if life has that way of slapping him on the ass and going ‘Time to Go Big Boy’, his phone goes off with a text that simply reads:

Next week: Miles Kasey vs. Alex Jones

His blue eyes just went wide and he almost tosses his phone but stops himself from slinging it against the closest wall, gripping it tight and screaming “FUCK!”

4 Hours Later

“Oi, you dere. Nother round!” the slurring words of Milo, the idiot. The one that drowns himself in whiskey.

The bartender walks over and snatches his glass from him, “I’ll get you another round...IF you order something to eat.”

Miles just glares at him, “Fine, I’ll order some chips...fries, whatever...cheese on em. Now, can you get me more?”

“One more,” the bartender states, “I’m cutting you off after that.” He pours the brown liquid into the glass sliding it to him, “I’ll go get those fries for you. Take your time on that.”

As they walk away, Miles just sticks his tongue out at them before reaching for the glass, but just as he gets close, a hand reaches across and pushes it away and it falls to the other side of the bar and crashes down. “Opps!” a small voice peeps up. Glancing over his shoulder, Bella standing there with a smirk on her face and a hand on her hip.

“Well! Your husband already tire of you and kick you out of your room?”

“Actually, he’s currently getting a shower and I snuck out to get some food and make sure his surprise is all set for tomorrow. Drowning your sorrows again?”

“It’s what I do best, love. You know that.” Miles says all hunched over and it’s pretty damn obvious.

“What’s got you in knots now? Still mournin’ whatever her name was?”

That causes him to scoff, “Nessa...and no. I’m actually quite over her, thank you very much.” Miles glances over at her, “You owe me a drink.”

She shrugs shyly and motions to the bartender who has come out from the kitchen area with his order, “Put it on my tab.” she says to him motioning about the glass before turning back to her friend, “I heard on my way out that you get to face Alex.”

“Yup. One of the newest members of Wolfslair and I get the boss.” Miles laughs for a moment, “I am amazed at myself sometimes. When I was approached to join Wolfslair, I thought to myself that this would be something absolutely amazing. Lach even said it, you cannot ever stop learning. And look at who is a part of it all...I would have been dumber than I look to turn it down.”

“But?”

“But....I wasn’t really expecting a whole trial by fire situation. He tweeted earlier to just say good luck.” Miles hovers over the glass for a moment, instead he reaches and snatches a fry from the basket and shoves it in his mouth. Bella just looks at him with laughter in her eyes cause she knows he’s got himself worked up, “I gotta walk in next week and face a man that is basically the keystone of the group, looking to get his ass back on top as well and...AND! All in the same breath manage to somehow keep my momentum alive. I really don’t want to blow this opportunity.”

She smiles at him before smacking him upside his head, “You think way too much for someone who claims to have an empty head.”

Rubbing the back of his head, “OW! JEEZ! At least I’m thinking though.”

“Well okay then! You’re not thinking about running, are you?”

“NO! HELL NO!” Miles yells a little loud to the point where Bella shooshes him, “No, I’m not. Just right now, it’s nerves.” His phone chirps, he pulls it up and looks at it rolling his eyes.

“Christian?”

He looks over at her, shoving his phone back in his pocket, “Yeah, that guy has a thing for me, I swear.”

Causing her to laugh a bit she reaches over and snatches a fry, “Look, you have a week, why don’t you head back to New York for a bit and go from there.”

“Yeah I was thinking about that. A little extra training in both places wouldn’t hurt. I’ve been away long enough.”

“Well the plane heads out soon. I suggest you get on it.” she finishes throwing the fry in her mouth and begins to walk away.

“What about you two?” he asks spinning around

“Don’t worry about Mal and I. I have a nice little adventure planned for him and I. Still finish here, get your shit and get on that plane.”

And with a simple salute all he can say before lifting his glass is, “Yes ma’am.”

Trials by Fire

“You know, I’m beginning to wonder if someone has it out for me. I’m sometimes wondering if his name is Christian Underwood. Maybe that’s only when he has to make my life flash before my eyes.”

“So YEAH, in case those that missed it, I am now a part of Wolfslair. It’s sorta cool actually, we get a secret decoder ring and our own special password. And the parties...OH! My goodness.” Miles laughs for a moment like he was gonna really spread the tail but he just shakes his head, “No not really, I’m just kidding but the fact that I am now labeled with one of the top premier teams in wrestling today that spans across, at least at the moment, 4 to 5 different promotions. Championships adorn the walls of their gym. To learn and grow under their banner is an honour. I looked at this as a terrific golden opportunity to really hone my skills.”

“But it’s all with drama, isn’t it? Alex has his hands full of these strange things going on and it seems to be affecting him in the fact that he has to play dad rather than play the leader. I feel for him and I want to tell him that he has honestly nothing to worry about with me. Besides a few hiccups in what happened last year, I’m practically drama free and hungry as hell.”

“I want to prove that I know I have what it takes. I don’t want the world of distractions to get in the way of becoming better. Getting to that point where I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I can be one of the best that Wolfslair has ever produced. I’m honoured to be here, but I need to show them what I am truly capable of. Sorry boss. But it’s gotta be you. I sorta hate it but I know damn well if I’m going to really do this whole trials and tribulations, I rather it’d be through you.”

“And we have no choice it seems. So Sunday, I’ll stand across the ring, I’ll shake your hand, we will battle and I will prove that I am worthy. No matter what, I will make you all proud to call me brother, friend and mate.”