Author Topic: Revelations and Realizations - Enter LJ Kasey  (Read 357 times)

Offline LJKasey

• View Profile
Revelations and Realizations - Enter LJ Kasey
« on: May 03, 2024, 11:53:07 PM »
Revelations and Realizations
Several Weeks Ago
Middleton, UK

So.

How to begin this?

Hi. I’m L.J. Kasey. I’m named after my father, who has been dead since I was barely out of diapers. I was three to be exact. And that man just so happens to be the father of my older half-brother and half-sister, Miles and Brianna Kasey.

Truth be told, until just short weeks ago, they didn’t even know that I existed and I didn’t even realize that they were my own family until an unusual woman paid a visit to my mum about 3 weeks before that.

I don’t have any memories of the man, minus a few pictures that my mum had tried to hide from me.

Since 2005, it was just me and her. Her, by the way, is named Rebecca Collins and she has been the light that has guided me my entire life. She did a damn good job in my humble opinion making sure that I never went without. She is without a doubt one of the strongest women I know.

But she can also be extremely overprotective.

I was through grade school, I had zero interest in going beyond that but to her, she wanted nothing but the best, so I went to uni, at her behest. I used that to scratch an itch that I had long wondered about. You are all going to learn real fast, I’m a curious sod and about a year ago I began my search, finding what I could at home about the man that helped bring me into this world and the shock that not only were you not his only child...but you have other family out there.

The journey itself, to say it was frustrating was a massive understatement. On several occasions I would come close to a breakthrough only to hit a wall.

Who the absolute fuck was this guy that I shared a name with?

I had given up.

Instead I just put myself into my studies and something else, a love of wrestling. It actually had started with just general just wanting to get into amazing shape and then a few mates of mine pulled me to a show and from there, it became an obsession. Come to find out, it apparently runs in the family.

“Mate, you really should look at this guy.”

Infamous last words, I found my brother far before I even knew he was my brother. I think it was an obsession by that point, I found a school, I began to train on top of school and I took to it like no other. I dedicated as much time to that as I did my school.

Then it happened.

I had to visit home on one of the rare weekends off, by that time I had completely given up hope of finding out anything about my da. I was just gonna sneak things back in in a box and then I stepped into the kitchen to greet my mum and there she was...Wendy Barnes.

Hey mum, I’m home!” I could hear her entertaining in the kitchen so I made my way in there, “Hope it’s alright, but I have an astronomical amount of laundry. But that’s the life of a college kid, ey? Boy it’s absolutely pissin’ outside, I was hoping to catch up on the patio with a cuppa but mother nature has other ideas.

She stepped out from the kitchen and gave me a look as my arms were loaded down with the box and the two big bags of clothes and just gave me a look like I did something wrong, “It’s good to see you my dear. Why don’t you put your things down and join us in the kitchen?”

We? You got a mouse in your pocket?” I asked setting the bags down at least, “Let me just put this in my room and then...

“I think it may be better if you bring that with you as well, son.” she said simply and turned on her heels and walked back into the kitchen. I had to follow, as much as I didn’t want to but curiosity go the better of me. When I stepped across that threshold I got an eyefull of her guest. Brown curly hair, overly quaffed clothes for this part of the town and the perfume was so damn fraguant that you could tell it was high-end. “Wendy, I’d like for you to meet my son, Lyle. LJ, dear, this is Wendy Barnes.”

Pleasure. I’d shake your hand but...” motioning to the box in my hand, “Seriously mum, can I just take this to my-”

“Why don’t you join us, LJ?” Wendy said motioning to the chair between the two women, “We were actually just discussing you.”

You were?” Do you ever get the feeling you’re being set up? I did as my mother just looked forward as I sat down between them.

Wendy motions to the box in my hands, “You see, it was brought to my attention and it came to my desk that we had a young man making a request about his father recently. My job can be quite boring at times but when it is sent to me, it’s my job to make the invisible seemingly visible.”

I see.” is all I said.

“LJ, can you show me what is in your box?”

Oh it’s just stupid trinkets that I didn’t want to leave at school.” I was trying everything because my mother didn’t know that I had taken these...or maybe she did.

“Lyle Augustus...don’t be rude.” in such a sharpness that being busted was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

So opening that box and pulling out the album that she had hid from me for so long, I opened it up and the first shot there was me as a baby, being held by the only shot that I had of myself and my father together. Wendy let out a satisfied huff.

“Lyle Kasey. Born in Manchester, dying suddenly on November 19th, 2005 after being struck by a car in front of his home.” Wendy said, “Initial reports say that he was stumbling home drunk when it happened, later to be revealed that he was tossed from a moving vehicle before being struck. There are other things but there was a teenage boy found to be crying by his side.”

Confusion hit hard, how the hell did this woman know ALL of this just by looking at this one picture, “How did you even know all of that?

“Because I know who the boy is...” Wendy says plainly. She reached into this giant bag that I could easily win a bet that it was more than my mother’s house, “LJ, that boy was your half-brother.”

I went to take a sip of my tea when she said that and damn near choked on it, “My what?

“Ms. Barnes, please...let me.”

“Of course, I’m sorry Rebecca, by all means.” Wendy said simply setting the file down on the table and grabbing that damn tea cup.

I turned to my mother and she wouldn’t look at me at first, “Mum?

The breath she took, it sent shivers down my spine, “LJ, a long time ago, I met your father. He was...well then...he came into my life at a time where he was sober and my God, the man was so sweet. I knew who he was, I knew about his wife and his family that he had but he swore that it was over. He spent days upon days trying to... well needless to say he won in the end. I ended up pregnant with you and he was over the moon. When we found out that you were a boy, he immediately said he wanted to name you after him.”

So this whole time, in the last...21 years...you knew that I had a whole other family out there and just never thought to tell me?

“It’s not like that. Mora was my best friend and I didn’t want to- I don’t know. I betrayed her friendship and then when he died, I just wanted to protect you. Your father was not a good man, my light. Your brother almost followed in his footsteps and your sister...well...”

Sister?” my head was damn spun like a damn owl, “You’re telling me I have an older brother AND sister?

Rebecca just began to sob, trying to reach for her son’s hand but he pulled away. Which shocked her but she could understand, “Twins, Miles and Brianna. Wendy here is Brianna’s mother-in-law, she married last year.”

And the names clobbered me. I knew there was a reason I connected with Miles, I thought it was just because he was from my area and was sort of a local hero at this point but this? “WAIT! Miles Kasey?

“You know him?” Wendy asked with such disgust in her tone that it spun my head.

“I know who he is. I have been watching him for over a year now as I’ve been training myself. He’s a hero in that gym not just for what he can do in the ring but his life as well being so open and honest. His relationship with Carter is almost something out of a fairy tale.

Wendy damn near choked on her tea at that point, “You’re kidding me right?”

And then it dawns on me, this is no freak occurrence that this woman is here. Too many connections would even make a blind man doubt her intentions, “Absolutely not. What is the real reason you are here, Ms. Barnes?

My mom knew I could read the hatred in that woman’s tone with being perfectly fine with the love story of Carter and my now revealed brother and neither one of us were going to allow that for more than that reason, “LJ, please.”

No, ma...I think Ms. Barnes has ulterior motives as to why she suddenly is so willing to show up here and actually give the information that I had been desperately searching for. I just wanted to know who my dad was but to know I have a brother and a sister out there that is connected to her and the tone of her voice right now...I don’t know. I think maybe she’s not going to like my feelings about it.

“Well...” Wendy stood up in such a hurry she damn near spilt the tea when she hit the table, “I see this was absolutely pointless. I’ll see myself out.”

She went to grab the folder that she had placed on the table and all I did was place my hand on top of it, “I’ll keep this if you don’t mind, Ms. Barnes. Thank you for your help but you can go.

Not another word was said by her and she left. The air that was left in the kitchen was palpable as I just stared at my mother, “I think I’m going to go back to school. The laundry machines get the stains out better anyways.

As I stood up to leave with the folder my mom grabbed my hand so tight, “I’ll call Joan, ask her if she can stop and get your passport before she comes home in the morning. When you’re ready, I will tell you everything.”

I just take a deep breath, I need to calm down. Leaving to go back to school wouldn’t be it so I just look at her, “Let me go grab us some dinner...and then you and I...we’re going to have a long chat.

And all she could do was nod and let my hand go. And to calm her I gave her a kiss on her head and left the folder behind.

No use in hiding it now.

Resolutions In Who We Are
A Week Ago
Manchester, UK

Miles led LJ through the bustling streets of Manchester, the city's energy pulsating around them. LJ couldn't shake off the nervous excitement that tingled in his veins as he walked beside his newfound brother. They were headed to meet Miles' family, LJ's family too, he reminded himself.

As they approached a cozy-looking café tucked away in a corner, Miles turned to LJ with a reassuring smile. "They're going to love you, LJ. Just be yourself. I sorta wish Carter would have joined us. He’s good in helping break up the tense moments.."

LJ nodded, trying to muster up his courage as they entered the café. Inside, the atmosphere was warm and inviting, filled with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the sound of lively chatter.

At a table near the window, Miles spotted his sister Bri, her husband Garrett, and their young son Riley. Bri's gaze met Miles', and she rose from her seat, a curious expression on her face as she approached.

"Miles, who's this?" Bri asked, her eyes flickering between Miles and LJ.

Miles stepped forward, a proud smile on his face, he gave his sister a quick hug before turning to Garrett and offering a hand shake. He would step back next to LJ’s side and looked at his sister’s family, "Bri, Garrett, this is LJ. He's... he's our brother."

Bri's eyes widened in surprise, her initial skepticism evident as she studied LJ, she knew of him for a few weeks but to actually bring him by, was a whole other thing but I guess the band-aid had to be yanked at some point. Garrett reached out a hand to shake LJ's, his expression apologetic. "Nice to meet you, LJ. I'm Garrett. Sorry about the circumstances that brought us together."

LJ shook Garrett's hand, offering him a small smile. "It's okay, Garrett. I'm just glad to finally meet you all."

Meanwhile, Riley had been eyeing LJ with curiosity from his spot in Bri's arms. As LJ knelt down to Riley's level, the little boy's face broke into a wide grin.

"Hey there, little guy," LJ said, ruffling Riley's hair gently. "I'm LJ, your uncle."

Riley's eyes lit up with excitement at the word "uncle," and he reached out to grab LJ's hand, his laughter filling the air.

Bri watched the interaction with a softened expression, her initial wariness melting away as she saw the genuine connection between LJ and Riley.

Miles, sensing the tension easing, spoke up. "I know, I know I should have warned you before we came and this is a lot to take in, but LJ's been searching for us for a long time. And I'm really glad he found us."

Bri nodded, a small smile playing on her lips. "Welcome to the family, LJ."

The atmosphere shifted, the awkwardness dissipating as they settled into easy conversation, sharing stories and laughter over cups of coffee.

Miles glanced around the table, sensing the need to break the tension that still lingered in the air. "So, LJ, I know we’ve talked quite a bit since Flagstaff but maybe you should tell Bri and Garrett a bit about yourself. What have you been up to, you know, before you came all the way over to Vegas to find me?"

LJ took a deep breath, his gaze meeting each of his new family members in turn. "Well, before I left for Vegas I was actually going to uni here in town. Just finished up my senior year actually, graduating and all that. And well, I was apart of an exchange thing with the wrestling school that I was going to and I've been training at Go Gym in Vegas for the past several weeks. Miles, I've been following your career closely. It's been inspiring to see what you've accomplished in the ring."

Miles grinned, a sense of pride swelling in his chest. "Thanks, LJ. It's been a journey, that's for sure."

Bri arched an eyebrow, her skepticism evident. "Oh goody there are two of you now in SCW apparently. So, you're into wrestling too?"

LJ nodded, a hint of excitement in his voice. "Yeah, it's become sort of a passion of mine. I've been training hard, trying to hone my skills. It's taught me discipline, perseverance, all that stuff."

Garrett nodded, his expression thoughtful. "I can see how that would be valuable. So, LJ, what made you want to reach out to us? After all this time?"

LJ hesitated, choosing his words carefully. "Honestly, I just wanted to know my family. Our dad, he... he wasn't around when I was growing up, he actually died when I was barely little Riley’s age. And when I found out about you guys, I realized I had a chance to fill in some missing pieces of my life."

Well, one thing can be said by Bri and myself, the old man didn’t get a whole lot right. Da left us all high and dry, even if his death was a blessing.

I had no idea that he was so horrible, my mum did which is why I guess she tried to protect me from knowing anything about him. In fear of maybe falling into his life....

Bri spoke up at this point, because her own twin almost fell into that life years ago, “Trust me, you were probably better off. Lyle Senior was a swindler, a thief and a low class criminal.

Miles sighed, he wasn’t proud of his past but that was it, his past, “I was lucky to get out when I could. Wrestling saved me and then getting out of here was also a huge help. Thankfully I kept our sister as far away from it as I could.

As much as I fought him about it, your big brother here has a good head on his shoulder and we’re lucky. I got Garrett, I got Riley and I have my own salon and a wonderful life. Miles made sure that I was able to have that, taking the proverbial bullet for me.

Look, guys...I just, part of me wanted to know about our father but honestly at this point...I’m just- I know it’s going to be a bit but I’m just looking to be apart of a family. For the longest time it was just me and my mum and now I have answers and it’s all swimming around in my head. I’m sorry, it’s overwhelming but I hope you know, I’m not looking for anything but just this.

There was a moment of silence as LJ's words hung in the air, the weight of his honesty settling over the table.

Bri softened, her skepticism giving way to understanding. "I get that. Family's important."

Miles nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it is. And LJ's part of ours now."

Riley, oblivious to the seriousness of the conversation, reached out for LJ's hand again, his laughter bubbling over. LJ couldn't help but smile, the warmth of his nephew's small hand in his own grounding him in the moment.

As LJ looked around the table at his newfound family, he couldn't help but feel a sense of belonging wash over him. Despite the unconventional circumstances of their meeting, he knew that he had finally found where he belonged.

And as they talked and laughed together, LJ realized that maybe, just maybe, this journey was leading him exactly where he was meant to be.

A Few Days Before LJ's First Televised Match
Normandy, France

LJ paced back and forth in the quaint hotel room in Normandy, his mind swirling with nerves and anticipation. His first televised match in the SCW Blast from the Past tournament was just days away, and the pressure of the upcoming event weighed heavily on him.

Miles had assured him that he was in good hands with his partner, SCW Bombshell Harper Mason. But despite his brother's words of encouragement, LJ couldn't shake off the apprehension gnawing at him.

Just then, his phone buzzed with a notification. It was a message from Miles.

‘Hey LJ, just wanted to check in. How are you holding up?’

LJ sighed, his fingers tapping anxiously on the screen as he typed out a response.

‘Hey Miles, I'm... I'm okay, I guess. Just feeling the nerves, you know?’

Almost instantly, Miles replied.

‘Understandable, mate. But listen, Harper's a pro. She knows her way around the ring better than most. You're in good hands with her. You gotta be faster than Jayden and be ready for anything because that kid is the hell spawn of the most evil asshole I have ever come across. I wouldn’t put it past the demon spawn of Michael Harris to pull a fast one on the devil himself.’

LJ chewed on his lip, uncertainty still lingering in his mind. ‘Oh I get it, and we’ve had this conversation. Eyes in the back of my head and don’t hesitate to throw a whole lot of whatever to knock him down several pegs. And I know you said that, but... what if I mess up? What if I let her down?’

There was a pause before Miles' response came through.

‘Mate, trust me on this. I spoke with Harper and she feels the exact same way I do, she’s agreed to be your partner if she didn't think you had what it takes and make it through this tournament together, despite the random draw, I think you are in great hands. All you need to do is focus on the Harris brat, take him out of the equation and get the win. BUT, I need you to understand something, no matter what, you taking this step from school to real life application is even bigger. And besides, everyone messes up sometimes. It's part of the game, and fuck knows I have several chapters on that. What matters is how you bounce back from it.’

LJ nodded, Miles' words resonating with him. ‘Yeah, you're right. Thanks, Miles. I needed to hear that.’

‘Anytime, little bro. Just remember, I'll be cheering you on from here. You got this. Tell you what, how about you meet me at the cafe down the street in 20 minutes, I gotta meet up with someone that I think you’d like to meet anyways.’

‘A cuppa sounds good. And sure, I'll meet you there. Who's this someone you want me to meet?’

As he awaited Miles' reply, LJ couldn't help but feel a spark of curiosity mingling with his nerves. Who could Miles be arranging for him to meet, especially at a time like this?

Miles' response came through almost immediately.

‘You'll see when you get here. Trust me, LJ, it'll be worth it.’

Dude, You Are the Reason for the Bear
Normandy, France

The picturesque landscape of Normandy stretched out before LJ as he stood on the balcony of his hotel room, gazing out at the rolling hills bathed in the soft glow of the setting sun. It was a serene scene, but inside, his mind was anything but calm.

Sunday was looming, the day of his first televised match in the SCW Blast from the Past tournament. LJ knew the stakes were high, especially with the added pressure of teaming up with Harper Mason against the formidable duo of Diamond Steele and Jayden Harris.

As LJ leaned against the balcony railing, his thoughts drifted to Jayden, the cocky newcomer with a famous lineage. LJ couldn't help but feel a surge of anger bubbling beneath the surface every time he thought about him. The way Jayden had been trash-talking on Twitter, trying to play mind games with him, it was infuriating.

With a frustrated sigh, LJ clenched his fists, his jaw tight with determination. He refused to let Jayden get under his skin. Not now, not ever.

So let me get something out of the way right now. I’m going to let Harper focus on Diamond. I’ve been well informed of the rules of this place and well, I’m not about to step on toes that way....HOWEVER...

"Jayden Harris," LJ muttered, the name dripping with contempt. "The Brat."

He clenched his fists, his jaw set in a hard line as he replayed Jayden's taunts in his mind. The audacity of the guy, thinking he could waltz into SCW and act like he owned the place, made LJ's blood boil.

"He thinks he's so damn special, just because of who his daddy is," LJ growled, his voice thick with disdain. "Well, newsflash, Jayden: Daddy's reputation means fuck-all in that ring when it comes to what we’re about to do. The Blast from the Past tournament has been known to kick off some terrific careers and drag some old-schoolers back. Seeing as we are in the same boat, new blood, you've gotta earn your stripes like the rest of us. It means even less when your daddy got his ass shitcanned and got booted when he was sitting on top of the mountain like the bitch he is."

He paused, his eyes flashing with a fiery intensity. "And let me tell you something, Jayden Harris. I've earned every damn thing I've got. I've fought tooth and nail for every opportunity, every victory. I didn't have Daddy's name to open doors for me. I had to bust my ass to get where I am."

A bitter smirk twisted LJ's lips as he continued, his tone laced with venom. "But you wouldn't know anything about hard work, would you? That silver spoon is shoved so firmly up your ass to the point where it is tickling your tonsils. You've had everything handed to you on a silver platter, while the rest of us had to claw our way to the top. You're just a spoiled little rich boy playing at being a wrestler."

LJ's pace quickened, his anger fueling his movements as he ranted against his unseen adversary. "Also, make no mistake, I know exactly what is on the line when it comes to the Blast from the Past tournament. I know it’s history, I know it’s grandeur and I know what it could mean to win the whole damn thing. Mark my words, Jayden Harris. Come Sunday, I'm going to wipe that smug grin off your face. I'm going to show you what it means to face a real competitor, a real fighter. And when I'm done with you, you'll wish you'd never set foot in that ring to follow in your dear OLD dad’s footsteps. And then you can fuck off to whatever rock you crawled out from under and leave the rest of us in peace. And who knows, maybe your daddy can finally get you that proctologist to remove that silver spoon."

His words hung in the air, charged with the intensity of his conviction. LJ's eyes burned with a fierce determination as he stared into the distance, visualizing the showdown that awaited him.

"Get ready, Jayden," LJ muttered, his voice a low growl. "Because LJ Kasey is coming for you. And I'm not holding back."

A smirk tugged at the corners of LJ's lips, his confidence unwavering. "Come Sunday, Jayden Harris is going to regret ever crossing paths with LJ Kasey. Because I'm going to make damn sure he remembers my name long after the match is over. And then Harper and I are going to move on to bigger and better people than the likes of you."

With a final nod of determination, LJ turned away from the balcony, his focus razor-sharp as he prepared to face his biggest challenge yet. And as he headed back into the hotel room, the anticipation of battle coursed through his veins, fueling his determination to come out on top.

Sunday couldn't come soon enough.