Author Topic: Jessie's Nightmare  (Read 358 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Jessie's Nightmare
« on: July 19, 2013, 08:45:29 PM »

Sunday Night

The scene opens up in one of the terminals inside of the airport in Las Vegas.  It is unusually quiet, considering the tourist traffic that you'd normally find coming and going through Las Vegas, but then again, it is the middle of the night on a Sunday night into Monday morning, and the traffic coming in and out of the airport is rather light.  This particular terminal we find ourselves in is almost empty, save for about three people as they wait for their flight to start boarding.  As we get a closer look, we see that one of these people is a very familiar face.  

Misty had booked this flight home to Chicago earlier in the day.  She could have easily booked an earlier flight and skipped going to Climax Control, but because she had some things to say, she decided against it.  Plus, she much preferred the quieter flights she experienced when the flights were later in the evening.

She has already been here for a couple of hours, arriving not long after Climax Control went off the air, and her disciples  are once again noticeably absent, as she had made them stay behind.  Ruby normally would have tried to either get Misty to postpone her trip, or talk Misty into allowing one of them to accompany her on the trip, but Ruby wasn't exactly happy at Misty's actions earlier in the evening.  She was apparently holding a grudge as Misty put her plan to play matchmaker with Ruby and Max Burke into motion.  So Ruby did not argue when Misty ordered them to head back home.

Her flight should  be boarding shortly, but the Queen of the Damned doesn't seem aware of this, as she has her arms folded across her chest and her head is leaning back as she is seated in the chair.  She is sleeping in what appears to be a very uncomfortable position, but she seems to be fast asleep.  Another minute or so goes by when Misty is startled awake as her phone goes off in her pocket.  She nearly jumps out of her seat and looks around, thankful that no one is looking at her or her embarrassing display.  She reaches into her pocket and pulls out her phone, looking at the screen to see who is calling.  She rolls her eyes as she sees it is Ruby.

"Hello Ruby...I'm fine.  I am waiting for my flight to start boarding...No, it should be shortly...I told you it was a late flight...Ruby, I told you already.  I needed time to myself to think, so the later flight was perfect...Yes, I will be sure to call you or Damien when I am settled in Chicago...I will be fine, I promise...Okay, Ruby.  I will talk to you later...Bye."

Misty then ends the call with a roll of her eyes, clearly annoyed at Ruby's over-protectiveness.  Apparently the feisty disciple was over her anger at Misty, otherwise she wouldn't have called.  Before Misty places her phone back in her pocket, she opens up her text messages, opening one from her sister Desiree just a few hours ago.

"Hey I won't be in Chicago when you get here...Leaving for a couple days.  Call or message me with any updates-Des"

Great.  That would mean Misty no doubt have to spend time alone with her mother, who was already getting her hopes up that some loving family reunion was in the works.  Her grandmother's health had put them on speaking terms, yes, but that didn't change anything in Misty's eyes.  This was about her grandmother and that was it.  She wasn't going to bring any family drama into all of this.  She and Desiree were already under that understanding.  Just as she places her phone back in her pocket, there is an announcement over the intercom that her flight was now being boarded.  Misty grabs her bag and makes her way to the plane, her mind focused on one thing and one thing only.

Her grandmother.

Tuesday Evening

The past couple of days had been exhausting, to say the least.  Misty had been back and forth from her hotel, to the nursing home where her grandmother was, numerous times, and she was running on little to no sleep.  Her grandmother's condition had declined since she last saw her, but for what it was worth, she was hanging on.  It remained unclear just how much longer she could hang on, but everyone in Misty's family were too afraid to even ask.  

Her mother had gone home for a little while just a few hours ago, leaving Misty some alone time with her grandmother, except for the few times when the nurses would come into the room to check on her.  At this moment, Misty had made her own recliner of sorts, pulling two chairs together, and propping her feet up so she could lay back and get some rest.  Her grandmother was resting comfortably in her bed, fast asleep as her last dose of pain medication was given just about an hour ago.  The nurses had told Misty her grandmother would be able to hear her if she wanted to speak to her, but Misty had decided against it, instead allowing her to sleep and rest, which is what she needed the most.

And clearly, so did Misty.  As soon as she had layed her head back in the chair, and pulled a blanket over herself, she could barely keep her eyes open.  She soon drifted off to sleep, although less comfortable than her grandmother was, and when the nurses came in to check on her, they did so quietly, and as Misty drifted into a deeper sleep, it was apparent that it was far from restful one.

Dream Sequence

Misty is not completely aware that she is asleep.  In her mind, she sees the surroundings in which she fell asleep in...her grandmother's room.  She sits in a chair, with her feet propped up on another, and when she opens her eyes, thinking she just dozed off for a little cat nap, she looks over to check on her grandmother and gets the shock of a lifetime.  While she is still laying in her bed, she has her head turned towards Misty, and is looking right at her, wide-eyed and completely coherent!  Misty jumps out of the chair, looking at her grandmother in shock.

Misty: Oh my God...Grandma!  You're...you're awake!  

Her grandmother smiles and nods as Misty stands next to her bed, still in shock and slightly confused.

Grandma: In a way, yes...

Misty: What do you mean in a way?  

Misty's grandmother points past Misty, to the chair she was just laying in.  Misty turns around, confused, but jumps back as she sees what her grandmother is pointing to...or rather who she is pointing at.  Misty looks directly at herself, still fast asleep in her chair, and she shakes her head.

Misty: I should have known...I'm dreaming.  You being awake...speaking to me...it's all in my head.  

Grandma: It is, but it isn't, sweetie.  I may not have passed yet, but I'm still with you.  You clearly need me, so I'm here.

Misty: I can't stand seeing you like this, Grandma.  I may be a horrible person when it comes to everything else, but you are the only person who I care about unconditionally.  You are the only person who I never wanted to see in this condition.

Misty's grandmother smiles, but she shakes her head and reaches for Misty's hand, taking it in her own frail hand.

Grandma: You know you don't mean that, sweetie.  You have plenty of family that you would absolutely hate to see in my situation.  You care about everyone else, too.

Misty shakes her head and fights back the tears.

Misty: No...I don't!  Everyone else...they either abandoned me, or they wanted me to be someone I'm not.  You never did.  You never once judged me, or called me out on any mistakes that I made.  And you're still not!

Grandma: What about your little girl?  Has she ever wanted you to be someone you're not?

Misty doesn't respond to that right away.  Instead, she thinks about it, then looks at her Grandma, thinking about how she is going to respond.

Misty: In a way, yes.  She's always been a Daddy's girl when it came to Spike.  I've always been the bad guy.

Her grandmother laughs a little and then pats her hand.

Grandma: That is all part of being a mother, sweetie.  All of us go through it, but you have to take a second and think, she's just a little girl.  She's only five years old.  Trust me when I say when she gets to be a teenager, she'll be ten times worse, especially if you stay out of her life completely.

Misty: Spike never wants to let me near her again, anyway.  He doesn't want me to hurt again.  He's probably right.  It's probably better for her if I stay away anyway.  

Grandma: Are you trying to convince me, or convince yourself?  If she grows up thinking you don't want to be in her life, what kind of impact do you think that will have on her?  You say everyone else wants you to be someone you're not, but listen to yourself now.  You're trying to convince yourself that you're this horrible person.

Misty: It's because I am, Grandma!  I've done horrible things over the past year..things that are unforgivable.  The only reason I am here alone is because I don't want to expose you to that part of my life...

Misty pulls her hand away from her grandmother's and takes a step back.  She turns around, needing a second to look away from her loving grandmother, even in this dream state.

Grandma: You think I don't know about that part of your life?  Sweetie, I've seen those horrible people that follow you around like a bunch of lap dogs.

Misty suddenly spins around, shocked to hear her grandmother say this.  She looks at her with her jaw slightly dropped, and her grandmother nods.

Grandma: Oh yes, I've watched a few of those wrestling shows of yours.  Your mother brought that computer thing of hers here a few times and somehow pulled up the shows on it.  That technology stuff still amazes me.

Misty can't stop herself from letting out a laugh.

Misty: You're joking, right?

Her grandmother shakes her head.

Grandma: Of course not!  I've watched it a few times.  It scared the hell out of me a few times, especially with that match of yours against that trashy redhead...

Misty: She's not so bad..

Grandma: If you grew up in my time, you'd say the same thing, sweetie.  Anyway, I've seen those minions or whatever you call them.

Misty: Disciples, Grandma.

Her grandmother waves her off.

Grandma: Same thing.  I've seen them, and sweetie, they are like a disease to you.  Especially that crazy she-devil.  I'm not sure if you know this or not, but I think she has some unnatural thoughts about you.

Misty again laughs.

Misty: I can not believe I am having an imaginary conversation about this with my Grandma...Thankfully this is all in my head.

Grandma: You haven't done anything with her, have you?  Oh, please tell me you haven't...

Misty: What?!  Grandma, absolutely not!  I'm going to pretend you didn't just ask me that, by the way.

Grandma: Okay, good, because that would be the only thing I'd have to scold you for.  IF you have a thing for women, it makes no difference to me, but that woman?  You can do better than that!

Misty is still completely shocked, and a little baffled, at the things her grandmother is saying...even if it is all in her head.

Misty: Can we change the subject, please?  Because for some reason, I am clearly incapable of waking myself up from this dream, and even if I'm dreaming, it is highly uncomfortable to be speaking about this with you.

Grandma: Oh, please.  We're both adults.  You understand my point with all of this, though, don't you?

Misty shakes her head, not quite sure.

Misty: At the moment, no.  You completely lost me when you started talking about Ruby and unnatural thoughts and all that.  

Grandma: My point, sweetie, is that those people...THEY are poison to you.  Ever since you joined up with them, that's when you started trying to convince yourself that you're the awful person.  You did nothing to try and convince everyone else of it, either.  

Misty: Grandma, I abandoned my daughter way before they came into the picture.

Grandma: You didn't abandon her.  You left her father.  Granted, it was in a terrible way, but you made a mistake.

Misty closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath.

Misty: As if any of that matters anymore?  I can't change what I did.  Spike will never forgive me--

Grandma: You listen to me right now, Misty.  The only way they will never forgive you, is if you just give up, and don't make an effort to try and earn their forgiveness.  If you want to hear my dying wish--

Misty: Please...stop right there.  Don't even say it...

Grandma: Hey, who is older here?  You will listen to me one way or another, do you hear me?  I don't care how long it takes you, but you WILL get your butt in gear and try and earn their forgiveness.  It'll never happen if you don't try.

Misty stares at her grandmother, at a loss for words.

Grandma: Go on..Get to it!  What are you still doing here?

Misty: I'm not leaving, not with you in this condition.

Grandma: And why not?  Don't you have a match this weekend?

Misty shrugs and nods, though she doesn't seem to care.

Misty: Yeah, but I don't really care about any of that right now.  I can't leave you.

Grandma: Nonsense!  I'm not going anywhere.  Not yet.

Misty: How am I supposed to know that?  You could just be telling me what I want to hear.  I don't need to face Jessie Salco again, anyway.  I've already proved I can beat her.  She picked me as her dream match?  Well guess what...I'm going to ruin that dream match, and not even show up.

Grandma: Don't you dare!  You work hard at everything you do, and I'll be damned...

Misty looks at her grandmother, wide-eyed, but her Grandmother shrugs it off.

Grandma: I'll be damned if I have to lay here, unable to really force you to get your butt back to Las Vegas.  Now, wake your stubborn butt up and get out of here.

Misty stares at her Grandmother, looking around her.  She clearly remains where she is.

Grandma: Wake up, Misty...

Misty shakes her head as her grandmother turns her head and closes her eyes, drifting off to sleep though Misty continues to hear a voice.

"Wake up Misty...Wake up...

Misty's mother has her hand on her shoulder and gently shakes her, trying to wake her from her deep sleep.  Misty is shaking her head, refusing to wake up, but her mother continues to try.

Colleen: Misty...Wake up.  Wake up!

She finally shakes her hard enough that Misty snaps out of it and jumps up out of the chair, looking around her confused.  She looks over to her grandmother, and her condition has not changed, and Misty places her hand on her head, confused.

Misty: I...I was dreaming.

Colleen: Clearly you were in a deep sleep.  What the hell were you dreaming about?  I was ready to call one of the nurses down here for you.

Misty thinks back to her dream, and everything her Grandmother said to her.  She looks at her grandmother, then quickly to her mother.

Misty: Did...Did you ever watch any of my matches with Grandma?

Her mother's eyes widen in surprise, and she folds her arms across her chest.

Colleen: A few times, yes.  How did you know about that?

Misty turns her head and stares at her grandmother as she is sleeping peacefully and comfortably in her bed.  Misty closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath, then begins shaking her head.

Misty: I...I have to go...I have to get out of here.

Misty's mother tries to stop her, but Misty shoves her way past her and dashes out of the room quickly, not even looking back.  Misty's mother stands there, confused and a little taken back and she shakes her head, before walking over to her mother's bed side and she kisses her on the forehead and greets her.

From The Mind of Your Queen
Journal Entry #??

Jessie, Jessie, Jessie.  You aren't exactly the brightest crayon in the box, are ya sweetie?  I had fully expected someone on Team SCW to choose me as their opponent in their dream match, but when I find out that YOU were the one to choose me, I was very surprised, and highly amused to be quite honest.  And I have a few reasons why.

Of all the women you could have chosen to face, Jessie, you picked me.  You chose a woman who you have faced not once, but TWICE and lost BOTH TIMES! Are you really that confident that the third time will be charm?  If you are, you are a lot more stupid than I ever thought.  Do you think that just because I am no longer the Bombshell Champion, that I am somehow easier to beat?  That perhaps I've lost a little steam and that you actually stand a chance against me?  Think again, sweetheart.  Nothing has changed.  You haven't beat me yet, and you will NOT beat me this time around either, and you have yourself to blame for it.

Think about it, Jessie.  You used your dream match against ME...the Queen of the Damned...and it is a REGULAR MATCH! I am more surprised at that fact than anything else.  You could have made this match with any stipulation you so wanted, making it easier for you to defeat me...giving me the disadvantage, but you didn't?  Why, Jessie?  Why would you waste you dream match like that?  And you honestly think it'll be MY nightmare?  Please...I am not afraid of you, little girl, nor do I believe for even a single millisecond that you will beat me!

Let me make something else perfectly clear, Jessie.  I don't give a damn that you THINK almost had me beat in our match in the Super J-Cup tournament earlier this year, because you most certainly did NOT!  Not only do you continue to think you nearly had me beat, but you actually think that if, by some miracle you had, that SCW would have won the Super J-Cup?  That YOU would have won the Super J-Cup?  Oh, little girl, you have no idea how much that made me laugh!  I may not be a fan of Ben Jordan, but you couldn't even last five seconds in the ring with him, let alone BEAT him!  

Oh, and then there is the fact that now you are comparing yourself to our new Bombshell Champion, Roxi Johnson, because she was the underdog in our match at Into The Void.  Jessie...do you ever listen to yourself talk and realize how completely absurd you sound?!  First of all, Roxi Johnson was just the underdog against me.  Unlike you, she is not THE underdog in every single match she competes in.  How long have you been around, Jessie?  And how much have you learned?  Absolutely NOTHING!

I am going to show you how big of a mistake you made choosing me as your opponent in your dream match, Jessie.  You want to further your career as an SCW Bombshell?  Good for you, but you'll have to find a different way to do it, because beating me won't be that way.  You'll be going into this match calling it your dream match, but if you somehow manage to walk away unharmed, which if I get my way you won't, you'll be crying because I will have just become your worst nightmare.  I hope you're ready, little girl, because the fight that is in store for you will be much worse than the first two that you experienced.  

But, hey, if it helps you sleep at night thinking you actually stand a chance, by all means...go right ahead.  I'll just enjoy the look of you walking away disappointed...once again.  But like I said, you have only yourself to blame for this loss, sweetie.  See you Sunday...

Oh, and one more thing...Do yourself a favor and rent an apartment...or buy a house.  The whole hotel scene...**shakes head**...Well, I think you catch my drift.

**END FEED**

>