Author Topic: Taking It All Back  (Read 800 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Taking It All Back
« on: February 23, 2013, 08:19:45 PM »

February 17th- After Climax Control

Backstage in the trainer's area, Misty is being checked out following the attack from Odette Ryder.  Odette had viciously hit her not once, but twice with a steel chair, and after being helped backstage, Misty's disciples had insisted she get looked at.  Misty had tried to argue otherwise, repeatedly insisting that she was fine, but Ruby and the brothers had both seen the pained expression on her face when her back moved a certain way.  Normally they would contact Dr. Lord, but as they wouldn't be back in Vegas for some time, the SCW training staff would have to do.

The brothers wait just outside the door, while Ruby is inside, quietly observing the training staff as they work their "magic" on Misty, who is laying on an exam table.  If Misty is in any pain, she is hiding it well, as she has a bit of a smile on her face as the trainer stretches and bends her leg.

Misty: Ruby, don't look so concerned.  I've been through worse.  You know that as well as I do.

Ruby: While that may be true, my Queen, considering you only returned just a few months ago from your injuries last summer, you can never be too careful.  

As the trainer bends Misty's leg in closer to her, Misty winces a bit.  Ruby takes a concerned step forward, looking at the trainer furiously.  Misty holds her hand up as if telling Ruby everything is fine.

Misty: Relax, Ruby!  The muscles in my back are just a little tight now.

Trainer: That's a possibility, Misty, but to be sure--

Misty: I think I know my own body, thank you.  Just do your job so I can leave.

The trainer glances toward Ruby, but she is paying no attention to him.  She is too concerned for Misty to care.  He gets back to doing his job, working on various stretching techniques to help ease Misty's discomfort, though she continues to deny it.  After a few minutes, Zane peeks his head inside the door, getting the attention of both Ruby and Misty.

Zane: My Queen--

Misty: Let me take a wild guess.  A certain someone is here to get an interview?

Zane nods, and Ruby rolls her eyes in clear annoyance.  Misty waves the trainer away, having had enough, and she slowly sits up on the exam table.

Misty: Let her in, Zane.  Might as well get this over with.

Zane nods and disappears back outside the room.  A moment later, SCW reporter Pussy Willow appears, looking about as thrilled to be there as Misty is.  Which isn't very thrilled at all.  Pussy Willow takes one look at Misty, and grins.

PW: Finally got a taste of your own medicine, eh Misty?  How are you feeling?

Misty laughs as she takes a step down from the exam table, hiding any pain she may be feeling.

Misty: Oh, please, Miss Willow.  You asked that question as if you really expect me to be in horrible pain at the moment.  That pathetic attack by Miss Ryder was nothing.

PW: You may believe that yourself, but I don't think anyone else believes it.  

Misty: Like I give a damn?

Pussy Willow smiles, and then shrugs.  She glances at Ruby, who is glaring at her with vicious eyes.

PW: It appears as though Thatcher was wise to be concerned about having you as a partner.  You must be very proud of yourself for intentionally getting yourself disqualified tonight.

Misty: Every decision I make I am proud of, Miss Willow.  Thatcher was clearly on his way to being pinned had I not stepped in and did what I did.  None of you may like it, but if I'm going to lose a match, I'd rather do it on MY terms.  

PW: At least you can admit that you were on your way to losing that match.

Misty holds her hand up and glares at Pussy Willow.  She takes a step forward, keeping her angry gaze locked on the blonde reporter.

Misty: Excuse me?  I think I must have heard you wrong, because surely you didn't say that I was on my way to losing?  

PW: That is exactly what I said.

Misty: Listen here, blondie.  I wasn't on my way to losing.  While Thatcher was in the ring getting his ass kicked by Jordan Williams, I was outside the ring taking care of little miss Aussie, Odette Ryder!  I carried our team through the first two weeks of the tournament.  Thatcher can deny it all he wants.  Everyone knows who lead that team to victory the first two rounds, because it sure as hell wasn't him.  So, no, I was not on my way to losing that match.  Thatcher was.

Misty folds her arms across her chest, and Ruby approaches her, standing at her side.  Pussy Willow nods.

PW: Good argument.  A self-centered on at that, but Thatcher isn't exactly here to defend himself on that.  Although, there are rumors swirling around already that your decision to get yourself disqualified might have been for a different reason.

Misty: And what reason might that be?  Please, enlighten me Miss Willow.

PW: Well, since you asked, I suppose I'll go ahead and answer, but I'll answer as a question.  Did you get yourself intentionally disqualified to save yourself from possibly being pinned by Odette for a second time?  She already holds--

Pussy Willow is cut off quickly as Misty holds her finger up, silencing her, and Ruby steps forward ready to attack.  Misty quickly pulls Ruby back, and steps towards Pussy Willow herself.  She gets directly in Pussy Willow's face, nostrils flared.

Misty: Don't you DARE finish that sentence, Miss Willow.  I know what you were about to say and I know what you are thinking.  You couldn't be more wrong!  Regardless of what you or anyone else thinks, I pushed Jordan off of the top rope to prevent Thatcher form being pinned, not me!  I was handling Miss Ryder just fine, which is more than my so called partner can say about himself!  Odette may hold one single victory over me, Miss Willow, but that will be the only victory she gets.  That is a fact!

Pussy Willow lets out a laugh, but nods anyway.

PW: If you say so, but what do you plan to do now?  Blaze of Glory II is just two weeks away, and your opponent still hasn't been announced.  Had you not cost yourself the match, you would know your match.  You would know what you are up against.

Misty: It doesn't matter who I face in two weeks, I will still walk away the winner.  We already know that I won't be facing Odette Ryder, so whoever they put against me will be no problem at all.  There's not much competition here in SCW lately anyway, is there?

Before Pussy Willow can respond, or ask another question, Ruby steps forward, placing her hand on Pussy Willow's shoulder, and holding her back.

Ruby: Do not speak another word, harlot!  She is done answering all of your ignorant and misguided questions!  

PW: Excuse me, but unless you are the one signing my paychecks, I'm not finished.  And I suggest if you do not want to be permanently banned from SCW all together, you will take your disgusting hand off of my shoulder.

Ruby doesn't seem intimidated by Pussy Willow, and when she attempts to take another step forward, Misty grabs her by the arm, pulling her back once again.  Misty quietly orders her to stand back, before she turns to face Pussy Willow again.

PW: To answer your question, Misty, I believe there is plenty of competition on the Bombshell roster.  However, you seem to think you are so much better than everyone, but who is the champion?  Oh, that's right.  It's not you.  It's Vixen.

Misty lets out a laugh.

Misty: That doesn't mean anything, Miss Willow.  The only reason that Vixen holds that title is because I have been preoccupied with Odette Ryder lately.  That coupled with the fact that Mark Ward, Christian Underwood and Erik Staggs have yet to give me my shot at the title is further reason.  They are just delaying the inevitable.

PW: And yet you continue to focus solely on Odette Ryder?  If you are so positive that you, how did you put it...own the Bombshell Division, why not prove it by leaving Odette alone?

Misty shakes her head and lets out a deep sigh.  She squeezes the bridge of her nose in frustration and she looks to the ground.

Misty: You know what?  I am sick and tired of explaining myself to you over and over again, Miss Willow.  Do you think that even I were to leave Odette alone, that would change anything?  I proved myself long before going after Odette, and I've proved myself since my return.  I've defeated the so-called competition over and over again.  THAT is how I prove that I own the Bombshell division.  If the bosses want someone like Vixen leading the Bombshell division...Well, that is their problem, isn't it?  They should be thankful I haven't demanded a title shot, unlike our current champion who had to do it repeatedly.  

PW: That may be true, but Vixen deserved her shot, don't you agree?  She earned it a long time ago.

Misty: Really?  And when was that?  When she failed at beating me for that very title just last summer at Into The Void?  Or before then when I pinned her in the triple threat match with Raynin at London Brawling for the Bombshell Championship?  Or, was it just two weeks ago when I pinned her and eliminated her and Nick Jones from the mixed tag tournament?  You tell me, Miss Willow.  What has Vixen EVER done to earn being the Bombshell Champion?

Pussy Willow thinks for a moment, trying to find the right way to answer that question but before she can respond, Misty interrupts her yet again.

Misty: That's exactly what I thought.  Nothing.  Vixen has done nothing to deserve being the Bombshell Champion.  She just got lucky that when she finally got another shot at the title, she was facing someone a hell of a lot easier to beat than me.  

Just then the door to room opens, and Damien walks in holding a sheet of paper in his hand.  All three women turn to look at him, but he has his eyes locked on Misty, with just the tiniest hint of a grin at the corner of his mouth.

Misty: What is it Damien?

Damien: They've just released the card for Blaze of Glory II, my Queen.  I think you will be quite pleased with your match.

Damien holds the piece of paper out to Misty and she snatches it quickly.  She looks down the list of the scheduled matches and when her eyes fall on her match, her lips turn up in a wicked grin and she laughs a slow evil laugh.

Misty: Well, well, well...It seems as though Mark, Christian and Erik have finally wisened up.  Miss Willow, in just two weeks time, everyone is going to find out once and for all, just how much Vixen deserves that title.  Because she is defending it against yours truly.

Misty then holds the paper out to Pussy Willow.  The smile never leaves her face as Pussy Willow takes the paper and sees for herself that the match has been booked.  Vixen will defend the Bombshell Championship against Misty at Blaze of Glory II.

PW: I guess congratulations are in order, Misty.  You're finally getting your shot at the Bombshell Championship again.  Good luck.

Misty: Perhaps you should go wish Vixen luck, Miss Willow.  Because it is she who needs all the luck in the world if she intends to keep that title.  Which, unfortunately, she won't.  Now, if you will excuse me, my disciples and I need to get going.  Oh, and if you happen to speak to Vixen anytime soon, send her a little message for me.

PW: And what might that be?

Misty steps forward, getting right in Pussy Willow's face.

Misty: Tell her to make sure that belt is nice and polished up for me, because at Blaze of Glory II, the title will be returning to the rightful champion.

Misty then walks away, snapping her fingers and Damien and Ruby obediently follow behind her.  They disappear out the door, and Pussy Willow looks at the card one more time, shaking her head.

PW: I know I should be impartial here, but I really hope Vixen kicks that woman's ass.

Pussy Willow then folds the piece of paper, and disappears out of the room, and the scene fades out.

Saturday February 23rd
Nova Scotia, Canada

The clock is ticking down until the moment Misty has been waiting seven long months for.  It has been seven months since she lost the Bombshell Championship to Brooklyn Carter, albeit not without a little assistance from the fire-haired amazon, Roxanne.  Surely she would have had her return shot at the title sooner, had she not been put out of commission the following week in the now infamous "Bloodbath" match against Roxanne.  

In the months that followed, she watched four different women carry the title.  As she was recuperating from her injuries, and waiting for the moment to return to SCW, she sat back and watched as the Bombshell Championship was passed around in a pathetic version of Hot Potato!  The more that happened, the angrier she got, though when she finally made her return, she didn't do what everyone expected her to.  Instead of going after the title she claimed should still be hers, she went a different route and targeted a woman who was no longer the Bombshell Champion.  Granted, Odette had a shot to recapture the Bombshell Championship not long after Misty had returned, and Misty had hoped she would walk away victorious in that attempt.  Sadly, things did not work out that way.  Odette had failed, allowing Amanda Cortez to walk away with the title, and Misty's hopes of regaining the title had vanished...even if temporarily.

And while she kept herself preoccupied in her war against Odette Ryder, there wasn't a moment that went by that Misty didn't think about the Bombshell title.  Not a second passed where she didn't long for the title to be around her waist once again...where it should have been all along.  

Now she has her chance to get the title back, when it should have never left her possession in the first place.  She is trying to place her war with Odette Ryder on the back burner temporarily, and is focusing on getting her title back...and she plans to do just that.

With Blaze of Glory II just a week away, Misty has something else to focus on at the moment.  The second round of the NWA J-Cup Tournament is set to take place on Sunday, and Misty will be facing Jessie Salco, as both women attempt to get one step closer to winning the whole tournament.  And for Misty, that means one step closer to being crowned the J-Cup winner for a second year in a row, and getting her chance to reclaim the NWA World Cruiserweight Title which she lost last summer.  And while she should be concentrating on the J-Cup tournament as it looms around the corner, her mind is distracted by the words Odette Ryder had spoken in her promo last week to truly concentrate on her impending match against Jessie Salco.

At this very moment, Misty is sitting in her hotel room, quietly thinking to herself.  Ruby and the brothers are all in their own hotel rooms on the same floor, though Misty had told them she needed some time to herself for a little while.  So what is she doing?  She is looking out her window at a snow-covered Nova Scotia, and her laptop sits on the desk next to her.  It is paused on the video of Odette's promo last week, and for the moment, she ignores it.  As she stares out the window, at the snow, memories flood her mind.  She tries to quickly shake them away, but it is too little too late.

She remembers a time when her life was complete...

Winter 2010/2011
St. Louis, Missouri

Anyone who lives in the Midwest can tell you how unpredictable the winter months can be.  We can go from having seasonably chilly temperatures one day to a spring like day the next and then back to the frigid temperatures the day after.  It can be quite frustrating, especially for young children who happen to love the winter months, when snow is supposed to be a regular sight to see.  Young Eden Staggs is one of these children.  

She had been anxiously waiting all winter for a large enough amount of snow to fall so she could go outside and build a snowman, pulling her parents, Spike and Misty and her older brother Timmy, along with her.  And while she was only three years old, she was already quite vocal and smart for her age, proving to be the handful in the Staggs household.  Imagine her reaction as she woke this morning and looked out her window to see what she had been waiting for all winter.  Snow!  And plenty of it!  She sprang out of her brand new "big girl bed" Spike and Misty had just purchased for her a few weeks ago, bounding out of her room and into her parents room excitedly, where Spike and Misty were still fast asleep.  

Not for long, however, as Eden jumped up onto the edge of their bed, quickly making her way to the front of the bed in her efforts to wake her parents.

Eden: Mommy!  Daddy!  Wakey wakey!  Look outside! Look!  Snow!!

She jumped up and down with her childish excitement, not paying any attention to where she was jumping.  Moments later, she jumped right on to Spike's stomach, and he let out a loud grunt, as Misty sat up next to him with a laugh.  She quickly scooped Eden up into her arms, hugging her daughter.

Misty: Well good morning to you too, Eden.

Eden: Snow, Mommy!  SNOW!!

Spike then sat up in the bed, holding his stomach and letting out a slight cough, though he had a smile on his face regardless.

Spike: You sure you don't want her to be a wrestler, babe?  She knocked the breath right out of me and she's only three...

Misty sent a glare in Spike's direction, shaking her head in the process.  He held his hands up defeated and laughed it off, before he looked out their bedroom window, confirming what his three year old daughter had already told them.

Spike: And yes, I see the snow now Eden.  Looks like Timmy and I are going to have a hell of a time shoveling the driveway.

Eden: I'll help!  I'll help!

Misty and Spike both share a laugh at Eden's eagerness to help with anything that involves the snow.  Eden jumps down from the bed and bolts out of the room.  A short while later, her older brother Timmy is heard shouting from his room.  Misty lowers her head and shakes it but keeps a smile on her face and she taps Spike's leg.

Misty: Looks like we better get a move on it before she runs out of the house herself.

Misty is the first to get out of bed, as she heads out of the room to go find Eden.  Spike follows a few minutes later.  Within an hour or so all four are outside, dressed in their winter gear of course.  As expected, Spike and Timmy are dutifully shoveling the snow out of the driveway.  Although Eden had said she would help, she instead is running around the front yard, being occupied by Misty.  Timmy doesn't seem very happy as he shovels away at the snow.

Timmy: You know, Dad, this would go a hell of a lot quicker if you would just buy a snow thrower?  

Spike: Yes, I realize that, Timmy.  But that would mean that you would actually volunteer to clear the driveway.

With a shrug of his shoulders, Timmy can't argue that, and the two get back to shoveling.  Just as they are almost finished, Spike is pelted in the back of the head by a neatly packed snowball.  He spins around slowly, and looks at Misty standing by the garage.  She is clearly trying to hide a smile, and innocently points to Eden who is standing next to her giggling.

Spike: Really, babe?  You're going to blame our three year old daughter for that?

Misty: She apparently has a great throwing arm.

Eden: Hey!  Mommy did it!

Misty's jaw drops in surprise as she looks down to Eden who just ratted her out.  Spike and Timmy both laugh, as Spike whispers something to Timmy.  Timmy nods with a mischievous smile and he slowly sneaks around the driveway, as Misty has her attention on Eden.

Misty: Thanks a lot, Eden!  I thought us women were supposed to stick together!

Eden again giggles as she takes off running back to the front yard.  Spike is making his way over to Misty with a big grin on his face.  Misty keeps her eye on him, now very suspicious of that look that she knows all too well.  She is too distracted by Spike, that she doesn't notice Timmy come right up behind her, holding a nice sized snowball in his hand, and he is just waiting for his opportunity to strike.

Misty: Don't even think about it, Spike.  I know that look!

Spike: What look is that, babe?

Misty: Oh you know what look!  The look that--

Misty is quickly cut off as Timmy hits her in the back of her head with the snowball, laughs and runs off towards Eden.  Spike continues stalking his way to his fiancee, with his right hand behind his back, which Misty pays no attention to.  She just keeps nodding, dusting the snow off of her, until Spike is directly in front of her, grinning from ear to ear.

Misty: Alright, alright.  You guys got me back.  I've learned--

*SPLAT!*

Misty is quickly cut off again, although this time it is from a nice handful of snow that Spike shoves right in her face.  Timmy and Eden are watching, both laughing and giggling away as Spike stands there with a satisfied smile on his face.  Misty slowly wipes the snow off of her face, and she glares at Spike.  He keeps the satisfied smile on his face, and he is clearly holding himself back from laughing.

Misty: That was very...amusing.  

Spike: I thought so.

Misty: You do realize this means war, right?  I hit you in the back of the head!  You played dirty and--

Two snowballs come flying right at Misty, nailing her in the side and the leg.  Spike can't stop himself from laughing this time as Misty turns and looks at Eden and Timmy.  They aren't even trying to hide their innocence and they are quickly trying to scoop up some more snowballs.  Misty shakes her head, and when she starts to walk towards them, Spike scoops her up, throwing her over his shoulder.

Misty: Spike!  What are you doing!  Put me down!

Spike: What did you say?

Misty: I said PUT ME--

Spike drops her right into a big pile of snow, looking down at her with another grin.

Misty: ....down.  

Eden and Timmy then begin tossing handfuls of snow at Misty as she screams and shouts, albeit it playfully.  She struggles to get back to her feet and Spike begins tossing snow at her also, until Misty gets right under his feet and trips him, though he falls face first into the snow.  A friendly battle in the snow ensues, as they all run around having a fun time.

Back to The Present

A warm smile grows on Misty's face as that memory flashes through her mind.  She continues to stare out the window, lost in her daydream for several minutes, before she is brought back to reality by a knock at her door.  She shakes her head, then turns and heads toward the door, looking out the peephole.  A confused look crosses her face, as she opens the door to find a delivery man, holding a vase with some beautiful flowers in his hand.

Delivery Man: I have a delivery for a Misty?

Misty: That would be me.

Delivery Man: Great.  Just sign here please.

He hands Misty the form to sign, along with a pen.  She quickly signs her name, and he hands her the vase.  She takes it and he walks off down the hall.  Misty disappears back into her room, searching through the flowers for a card.  She finds it a few moments later, and reads it after she sets the flowers down on the dresser next to the TV.

"Best of luck to the queen.  Not that you need it. -Giani Di Luca"

Misty: So this is the delivery Giani was talking about on Twitter last night.  How very kind of him.

Misty glances back towards the window, but her eyes fall on her laptop and the video that is paused on the screen.  She growls as she walks over to the laptop, quickly closing the video and turning the laptop away from her.

Misty: So, Miss Ryder, you think I have nothing, huh?  Well, I'll show you how much of nothing I have after Blaze of Glory II when I take that title away from Vixen.  I'll show you how much of nothing I have when I win this whole J-Cup tournament and go on to win the NWA Cruiserweight Title again.  I'll show you, Odette...I'll show you.

Misty sits in the chair at the desk, placing the laptop in front of her.  After searching around the computer for a few seconds, she begins quickly typing away, concentrating on the screen and the words as she types.

From The Mind of Your Queen
Journal Entry #4

There is no better way to start this entry off than by simply saying it is about time!  It is about time Mark, Christian and Erik placed a deserving woman against the Bombshell Champion with the title on the line.  It is about time they gave me my shot at the title, when they know that I never should have lost it in the first place.  If it weren't for Roxanne, I never would have lost it in the first place.  Brooklyn Carter never would have been the Bombshell Champion.  Odette never would have been the Bombshell Champion, and Mercedes and Amanda Cortez sure as shit never would have been the Bombshell Champion!  

And Vixen...You would have still been chasing after a dream that you never would have achieved.  All your fighting...all your hard work would still be unnoticed, and deep down, you know I'm right.  How many times have you faced me, Vixen?  How many of those times have you beat me?  Allow me to refresh your memory, if you have forgotten.

Zero, Vixen.  You haven't beaten me one single solitary time, and do you honestly expect this time to be any different, especially when you carry the one thing I want most...the one thing I have been fighting for since I returned.  No, before that even.  I have been fighting for the Bombshell Championship since the day I set foot in Sin City Wrestling!  From the very beginning I have been fighting each and every opponent that has stepped before me, and I have proved myself worthy of holding that title.  

I was the first to carry that title.  Not only that, but I was the first woman to carry that title twice!  By those simple facts, that title belongs to me!  I own it, just like I own the Bombshell Division!  You want to walk around, claiming to carry the championship with pride and dignity?  HA!  That is simply laughable.  The fact that it is around the waist of someone in NXT tarnishes it, but that is all going to change very soon, Vixen.  You can try all you want to deny it, but you know...You know your time as the Bombshell Champion is just about up.  

Take a look at what you have in your life right now, Vixen.  Spike.  NXT.  The Bombshell Championship.  I had it all once before, and whether you like it or not, I am the woman who can and will just as easily take it all away from you with a snap of my fingers.  You think I'm joking, don't you?

NXT...The stable that you all so proudly represent.  I can destroy that you know, Vixen.  I'm already in the process.  Mark Ward can make his attempts all he wants, but I am the only one who holds the key to destroying The New Xtremes once and for all.  It's a lot easier than I am making it seem, though.  I'm just having a little fun before I detonate the bomb, so to speak.

Let's take a look at my recent matches, yes?  Just two weeks ago, in the Blast From the Past Mixed Tag tournament, you and I faced off.  How did that end, Vixen?  Oh right...I pinned you.  Last week, it was Odette Ryder.  Now, the ending to that match didn't exactly go as I had originally planned, but I do believe I handled Miss Ryder quite well.  Her chair attack against me had no effect on me, I can assure you that, as well as the fact that my work with her is far from over.  Though she is doing most of the work herself.

And tomorrow...Miss Jessie Salco will suffer the same fate as last time.  She wants to win the J-Cup?  Unfortunately for her, she has the unlucky task of trying to stop.  Try as she may, she'll still fail.  As will you, should you be lucky enough to advance and we find ourselves facing each other yet again.  Nothing you do can stop me, Vixen.  I will win the J-Cup tournament.  I will win the Bombshell Championship.  And should you be the NWA Cruiserweight Champion after Wrestleclassic...I will take that title from you as well.

Face it, Vixen...You'll never beat me.  See you soon.

**END FEED**
>