Author Topic: High Velocity? Yeah...Right  (Read 295 times)

Offline Andrew

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Bill Barnhart
High Velocity? Yeah...Right
« on: December 01, 2017, 07:11:05 PM »
 Narrator:  What does High Velocity mean? The normal definition is something that moves at a high rate of speed. Bullets fired from a gun immediately come to mind. But how in the world did two wrestlers, who are trained by Horace Jackson, end up with High Velocity as the name of their Tag Team? About the only thing they’ll be running into at a high rate of speed will be the fists of James Tuscini and Dmitri, also known as Unholy Alliance Tag Team. When you talk about an easy match for Unholy Alliance the word squash comes to mind. No I’m not referring to a Squash that you cook for a meal. I’m talking a squash similar to stomping cockroaches with your boots.

WHO BEAT UP PINKY DEL FERRANDO RECENTLY?

We join James Tuscini and his Uncle-Manager Pinky del Ferrando at the Event Center Arena in San Jose, California. The two are taking a leisurely stroll around the arena going down the hallway from their dressing room until they come to an intersection where the flip a coin to determine which direction to go next. Heads and they turn right. Tails and they turn left. As they stop at the intersection Pinky pulls out a Quarter and flips it high into the air while James watches the coin flip. The Quarter hits the carpet and comes up Heads so the two turn right and start off down that hallway with the mobile cameraman following them airing their comments.

James:  So tell me, Uncle, have you figured out who attacked you and beat you up the other day?

Pinky:  James we’ve been over this dozens of times. I remember pulling that trick as the fake Mafia guy on London Underground and they didn’t quite see the same level of humor in my gag as I did. But when I got attacked I never saw who attacked me. I didn’t hear them coming up behind me. I didn’t hear any voices. All I remember is feeling some blows and I passed out. The next thing I remember is crawling down the hallway toward our dressing room and you and Dmitri found me and cleaned me up. I honestly don’t know who attacked me but I’m with your line of thought that I also find it hard to believe London Underground directly did the attack. I’m not saying that they were not behind the attack, or had something to do with those who attacked me, but they just don’t seem like the type of people who would personally do something like that.

James:  You know the saying goes that desperate people resort to desperate means. With London Underground not having to face tough Tag Teams lately maybe the thought of having to face Unholy Alliance pushed them over the edge and they attacked you. Maybe they thought if they got to you it would adversely affect me and Dmitri so we wouldn’t be able to function well in a match against them.

Pinky:  If anyone associated with London Underground shows up to interfere in your match against High Velocity this weekend they’ll have to go through me first. This time I’ll see them coming and cut them down before they can get close to the ring.

James:  Actually if anyone associated with anyone other than me and Dmitri rush to the ring you take them out. We reached another intersection in the hallways. Let me have that Quarter as it is my turn to flip the coin.

Pinky hands the Quarter to James who flips it into the air. When the coin lands on the hallway carpet it flops around until Tails is showing which means they turn to the left this time. James picks up the Quarter and places it into his pocket as Pinky complains about the move.

Pinky:  Hey! That’s my Quarter! Give it back!

James:  Possession is nine-tenths of the law Uncle. When it is your turn to flip the coin again and you have possession of the Quarter then you have majority rights to it.

James and Pinky turn to the left and head off down the hallway.

HIGH VELOCITY TAG TEAM? IS THIS A JOKE?

James:  Unlike you Uncle the person of Horace Jackson is a failure. He failed with numerous wrestlers so now he feels if he tries again with Terry Coleman and Bradley King that he’ll finally get a hit. I got news for Horace and Terrance and Bradley. The only thing that will be hit in our match is them when we punch them out.

Pinky and James arrive at another intersection. James decides to flip the Quarter again and this irritates his Uncle as James just told him the next flip of the coin belonged to him. James ignores Pinky’s complaints and flips the coin and it lands on Tails so they turn left again and head off down the hallway.

Pinky:  Although the High Velocity Tag Team is so low on the food chain that Plankton eat others at that level I’m sure when Unholy Alliance so easily demolish them that Management will finally get the message that you and Dmitri are still a viable Tag Team and they will give you a shot at London Underground. Whether or not they make it a Championship match is up to them. Most likely they would send you two against them in a non-title match to see what happens. Then when you defeat London Underground they have to give you the shot at the Championship.

James:However it comes down is fine with me Uncle. I know after losing the Internet Championship that I have to go to the bottom of the ladder and climb my way back into contention. I don’t have any problem with that as I never want to be handed a shot at a Championship that I didn’t earn.

James and Pinky arrive at the next intersection of the hallways. James pulls out the Quarter he snagged from Pinky and hands it to his Uncle to flip it this time. Pinky flips the coin and it lands on Tails so they turn left again.

James:  What do you think of the moves of High Velocity? One of them is called Gas Shortage. I mean, come on, why would anyone call a finisher Gas Shortage. Sounds like you just ran out of gas short of your destination. Maybe that’s what Terry and Bradley are trying to subliminally tell everyone that they are going to come up short in the match.

Pinky:  Could be.

James:  Their other finisher is called Fueled By Fans. Now that’s really amusing when you consider that in order to be fueled by the support of the fans you need to have support from the fans in the first place. Not likely that High Velocity will ever obtain the level of fan support Unholy Alliance has, and the level of fan support myself and Dmitri have as Singles wrestlers. I guess Terry and Bradley can dream of being successful but dreams don’t always come true.

The duo arrive at another hallway intersection. Pinky pulls out his Quarter and hands it to James to flip. Once again the Quarter lands with Tails up which means they turn left again.

James:  Uncle I’m sorry to ask you this again but are you absolutely, positively, unsure who attacked you and beat you down the other day?

Pinky:  Yes I’m positive I don’t know who attacked me. I just don’t want you and Dmitri to rush to attack London Underground until you have absolute proof they were involved.

James:  Although I do tend to get fired up when family members are attacked I also tend to cool off quickly and attempt to reason things out. I can’t speak for Dmitri though. He’s so doggone sure London Underground did the attack I’m concerned he might lash out before we have the proof we need.

Due to James and Pinky’s flips of the coin where they did a right turn, then left turn, then left turn, then left turn, then a left turn, this brought them down the same hallway they started from with the only difference is they are going down the hallway in the opposite direction. This causes them to walk to the front of their dressing room which is where this walkabout started. James again places Uncle Pinky’s Quarter into his pocket.

Pinky:  Oh no you don’t! Not again! That’s MY Quarter!

James:  I already told you about possession being nine-tenths of the law so don’t try that argument with me. Besides with the flips of the coin that we did we have returned to our dressing room so we are done walking around for today. Maybe you might get your Quarter back tomorrow.

Pinky grumbles toward James before realizing he’s not getting his Quarter back today.

IF HIGH VELOCITY THINKS THEY ARE A GREAT TAG TEAM THEY ARE FOR SURE HIGH BUT THEIR VELOCITY IS SLOW

James:  Well well well, Terry and Bradley, you have drawn the unfortunate bad luck of the draw and you have to face me and Dmitri as Unholy Alliance at Climax Control 198. Not a great way to start out in Tag Team wrestling to have to face one of the toughest Tag Teams ever to bless a wrestling ring. But, guys, don’t take your loss to us personally. This isn’t personal. This is business. And we mean business when it comes to wrestling.

Pinky:  To Horace Jackson, and to anyone associated with those who attacked me and beat me up recently, if you try to get involved in this match you’ll end up getting involved with me and that will get you involved with a trip to the Intensive Care Unit. Come on James. Let’s get inside our dressing room and relax for a bit. Can’t wait for Climax Control 198.

James:  Me too!

Pinky and James enter their dressing room and they inform the cameraman that he no longer needs to follow them around since they are closing their door and desiring privacy from this point on. The cameraman acknowledges their desires and just as their dressing room door closes he cuts his camera feed.

UNEXPECTED ASSOCIATIONS

Uncle Pinky can be seen in a dark secluded room, there are some candles burning on either side of him on the table that he sits in front off. Smoke is flowing from the flames as his eyes are fixated upon that what is happening in front of him. The shot slowly widens out as we see Dmitri sitting in front of him, he is wearing a buttoned down long-sleeved blouse and a black gilet with a matching black tie. Staring down at some pictures while talking on the phone with a language that nobody can understand as it is probably Russian.

Uncle Pinky: (whisper) D.. Dmitri??

His eyes pierce through the vague light of the candles as he leans backwards into the leather chair that he is sitting in. He clearly had heard Uncle Pinky, but refuses to react as he continues to listen to the person on the other side of the phone

Dmitri: Da??

Uncle Pinky wants to say something as he believes that Dmitri reacted to him, but is quickly silenced as he sees the shaking head of Dmitri as he is saying NO. Leaning backwards as Uncle Pinky tries to look around the dark room, swallowing out loud, wondering where his nephew James is as he is nowhere to be found. He turns back towards Dmitri, who he notices is looking like a mafia figure of the seventies.

Dmitri: Da.

Dmitri puts down his phone as he walks over towards another room before returning with some more pictures. He looks at them while holding them in his hands, making Uncle Pinky curious what is going on. He is about to say something as Dmitri sits down and places the pictures in front of him. Looking down upon them before staring towards Uncle Pinky.

Dmitri: Uncle Pinky?

Uncle Pinky: What??!!!

Pinky reacts in a shocked way as he was playing with his hat that he was holding in his hands as he was starting to get nervous. Sweat is pouring from his face as Dmitri grabs a picture.

Dmitri: Look at this picture, does this look familiar??

Dmitri hands Uncle Pinky a picture of a tough looking character with a baseball bat in his hand.

>

Uncle Pinky: James Bond???? Isn’t he a fictional character???

This causes Dmitri to bash his hand on the table being in complete rage, startling Uncle Pinky who backs off even more.

Dmitri: First of all, this is Daniel Craig, who plays James Bond. It is mentality like that Uncle Pinky that gets you ambushed in the first place. This man works for His Majesty’s services. There is no bigger enemy to the British throne than a mere Italian Mafia guy.

Uncle Pinky But….

More importantly you are the weak link to the organization and therefore the most important link as well!! Don’t you see what is going on???

Uncle Pinky is about to say something as Dmitri cuts him off.

Dmitri: Of course you don’t!!! It’s what makes you a human being. Oh how could I have been so blinded?? I should have stayed of the red that night. It was merely a appetizer for better things later that night as Gothika had planned a romantic night for two vampires.

Uncle Pinky: But…

Dmitri: You should have seen her face, I had to explain that I had to stay here with James to baby sit you while you were out cold!! She was wearing the silk black dress that does not and will not hide anything to the imagination Pinky. It’s quite clear to me that you are a selfish man!!

Dmitri unties his tie as he gets out of his chair and walks into the next room while constantly rambling on about what happened afterwards later that night. Causing Pinky to sit there wondering what is going on, not quite understanding why these people have got anything to do with the attack when suddenly

Dmitri: And to think I had a nice romantic evening planned afterwards, we had found some humans that were willing to be hunted down by us Pinky. Human prey’s, her very first!! And you ruined it!!

Uncle Pinky I’m so….

Dmitri: Tell that to her!!!

With that the shot fades as the two men are arguing amongst each other over who is to be blamed.

A NEW TEAM

Dmitri can be seen drinking a glass of red as he is wearing the same outfit he wore earlier on while interrogating Uncle Pinky. He stares at the camera as he is clearly not amused over recent happenings.

Dmitri: London Underground, you are surely a poor excuse of sore losers. Assaulting an old man, that is if you are of course the ones that actually did it and are willing to admit that you are cowards. But still the fact that an old retired and delirious old fool received the blunt of the assault is wrong isn’t it?? But is that the way how you wish to present yourselves as the strong teams of the world tag team division?? I expected more from fools that came from a city that has more backstreet alleys than Liz Taylor had ex husbands. And yet the world is obviously so wrong isn’t it??? wrong to the point where the lies of it all is so clear and right before our watchful eyes. Too bad that the fish and chips coming from your mouths has made us endure the horrible memories of why England always was better off on an island.

And why is that?? Because the world never was ready for the bullshit that came out of the empire that wished to add it’s neighbor countries to a world power that would soon tried to convince you that they ruled the waves. How foolish to think that after all these centuries of enduring the left side of the road, the double deck busses and the Johns that stink of pure distain that you still think you belong. How foolish to realize that after a few more days, that will ultimately be put to the test by the Unholy Alliance… that is of course whether you will be able to stay out of our hands.

Dmitri snaps his head sideways, causing his neck to be heard. His intensity is still visible on his face as he has a look of pure anger.

Dmitri: I wouldn’t cared if you ran off, if you hit in the Metro station beneath the city. I do not care whether you wish to hide amongst the rats, the like of a kind that I would not even care of ripping my teeth into your flesh and drink off the piss and vinegar that is the substitution of your own blood. Oh no, you are just a mere example that needs to be taken care of…, just like the two men that will be facing the returning Unholy Alliance….. how quaint isn’t it??

The team of High Velocity, the team of Terrance Coleman and Bradley King. A team trained by Horace Jackson, a loser that was trained by Ben Jordan. A loser that tagged around with another loser called TNA. Two men that want to make a name for themselves, two men that have an entrance song that is called “Believe”. You got to believe in yourselves don’t you boys?? Because a belief in your own ability, your own mindset and your own tactical ability to figure your opponent out is all what you need isn’t it?? All you need is to put these hands together and believe… BELIEVE… BELIEVE!!!

Is that what Horace wants you two to believe in?? In the believe that one day you could be where London Underground is at?? To believe whether your existence is solely put down to please the fans or your own bank account. Because no other reasons are valid in a world like this are there?? Only to realize that when you stare across the ring that the belief shouldn’t stop there… a believe is where it should creep across the line where your safe haven ends and the existence of destruction begins. Because I do not need to believe…, I only need to KNOW. The same could be asked about James Tuscini, two names that has done so much.. and yet so little is left for us to uphold our own believes in.

He shakes his head and sighs.

Dmitri: You are just like cowards are, to hand out everything to the outside world what you feel that is enough to know. What do you got to hide boys?? Is mystery in the modern day era of Social Media the way to go?? To be mysterious? To be an unidentified boring character? That is not capable to be detected by the most modern day radar and keep yourself to a mere advantage?

Just like whomever it was that beat down Uncle Pinky, I do not care. What I do care is that redemption is upon us my friends. I hope that the social outcasts of being a mystery team like yourselves will give me the thumbs up for the like, retweet everything that I say in 280 characters so that we can move on to more important things. Like the beating of your own existence, to hoist you up in the air and drop you like the bad habits that I am starting to take out. To be a key into the lives of many, while the few only survive. Those who matter boys, those who matter as life is just building inside of me. You see, the Unholy Alliance is the alliance of humans and vampires. A bond that never should have happened in the fashion that you people wished it would have never happened. While cheering on Gothika as she teams up with Raynin and all the little girls cheer and the men’s hormones runs wild. What’s it called again?? Oh yeas, hypocritical isn’t it?? Like I said earlier…, like I care.

You see Coleman and King, I will acknowledge your names once more as I have done earlier on with respect. Because that’s merely the essence of your existence. You are just a bunch of names, something that Horace never could have achieved and will forever ask himself the question What if?? What IF Horace had successfully made something out of his career?? Oh and don’t come up with lame excuses of middle class federations, where they pay you fifty bucks in the romantic notion that you need to suffer before making it to the big leagues. No, he was and forever will be someone that will play second fiddle to another. Just like the two of you will play second fiddle to the team that we wish to break down. London Underground.

Just don’t get your hopes up high enough, hoping that we would look past the two of you and your Richard Simmons type of cheerleader that may accompany you wherever you go backstage or at whatever hotel room. Because it’s quite simple, we are the very best team that has yet to have held the tag team gold. Oh yeah, I’ve said it… just before you could try to glee yourselves into a position of talking down upon us… I already beat you to it. And it’s the very same way that we will beat you down in the middle of the ring until the bell has rung. Where we will look down upon you, where it should have been London Underground instead of you. So if you got to thank someone for that what will happen to you, thank the champs. I doubt they will grand you a title match for the efforts gone to smokes. But who knows, perhaps they will turn out to be a secret humanitarian faction that just feel bad for those who believe….

Believe all you want, believe in that what should never been yours to begin with. Believe, but in the end… it will be lights out and the results will be clear… You were just a team that stood in our way to get what we want…. Until then…. Good night and sleep tight….

With that Dmitri walks off as the shot slowly fades.