Author Topic: Travis Levitt Vs Griffin Hawkins  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Travis Levitt Vs Griffin Hawkins
« on: April 21, 2019, 04:18:44 PM »
 Post all roleplays for this match in this thread.

One roleplay per week maximum.
10,000 word limit

Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 10:40:43 PM »
 I knew I had to prepare for Travis Levitt, and ordinary training like hitting the gym was not going to cut it. I had to go back to basics. I called up my brother and told him we need to get some old school training if I'm gonna beat this guy. We were going straight home to Canada. Course, my image consultant Geoff Matthens got wind of this, advising against it..but I managed to convince him to come with us. We arrive at the airport ready for our journey home. We walk through the airport with our bags packed.

Griffin Hawkins: Our flight should be arriving should be arriving soon...

Charles Hawkins: Oh yeah...I can't wait to get home.

Geoff Matthens: Do we REALLY have to go all the way to Canada? Seriously...we can just go to the local gym. You know..lift some weights, hit the heavy bags. Do we really have to go all the way out of the country just for training?

Griffin Hawkins: Jesus man...we're not even out of country and you're already whining..

Geoff Matthens: I just don't understand this at all, it's spring time and now its gonna be winter all over again the minute we land in the great white north.

Charles Hawkins: Where's your sense of adventure? You can't stay in your home country for the rest of your life.

Geoff Matthens: I just think it's strange that we gotta go clear across the country just for training against some wrestler.

Griffin Hawkins: Dude..he is NOT some wrestler, this guy is on top of his game, I've been watching him since I got back and he isn't a dude to overlook. So we are going back home to prepare the only way we know how...in the mountains.

Geoff Matthens: The Mountains?...

Griffin Hawkins: That's right, we're going to Calgary. Our parents have an old cabin in the mountains they haven't used in years. In old times, people trained in the Mountains for battle..this seems like the right time for us. Nothing but the cold and the snow against our skin.

Charles Hawkins: I can practically smell the hickory wood now.

Geoff Matthens: You guys are just plain nuts. This is the first..and last time I go with you up in that below zero snow pit.

Griffin Hawkins: Trust me bro..it'll be worth it when I leave the UK with the Roulette title.

Our plane arrived and we boarded. As I sat by the window, all I could think of what was to come at London Brawling 2, would I be able to combat the skills of Travis Levitt? Perhaps this training would answer all the questions.

----------------------------------------------------

After we arrived in Calgary, first thing we did was ride up to the mountains where the Cabin was. It was time to prepare in the old style. It started with being chased by the car driven by Geoff...it would've been okay if I didn't have rocks thrown at me by Charles.

Griffin Hawkins: Ow! What the hell man?!

Charles Hawkins: Don't stop, keep running!

Griffin Hawkins: How is this gonna help me against Travis!?

Charles Hawkins: You gotta build up speed!

Griffin Hawkins: He's not gonna throw rocks at me!

Charles Hawkins: The man is unpredictable..you don't know that!

He continues to throw rocks at me while I am running, one hits me right in the shoulder.

Griffin Hawkins: How many rocks do you have in there?!

Charles Hawkins: Less talking, more running!

After that came another exercise..carrying a log through the snow. Course, I had it draped over my shoulder as the snow got deeper and deeper up the hill. Charles was by the car with Geoff shouting words of encouragement.

Charles Hawkins: Come on! How bad you want this?!

Griffin Hawkins: Real bad!

Charles Hawkins: Good! Just pretend its Levitt over your shoulder! Here's a little something to motivate you.

He reaches in the car, pulling out a boombox, he puts in a CD...the sounds of Hearts on Fire begin ringing out as I proceed through with the training. Throughout the day, I train hard, nothing but Travis Levitt on my mind. I proceed to jump rope, lift heavy rocks in a net, lift a wheel barrel with Geoff and Charles in it, even running faster than before as I am being chased by Charles throwing rocks at me. I then avoid going through the path and see the mountain before me....course only a nutjob would climb a mountain, so instead I climbed a steep hill that was pretty high with all the snow. I think of all the weeks of wanting this title match, my return, and my future in SCW. I climbed the hill, looking at the great valley beyond me, only had one thought.

Griffin Hawkins: TRAVIS!!.....TRAVIS!!

I was ready....the biggest fight was upon us...Travis had to go down for the count.

---------------------------------------------------

Cameras come to the inside of the cabin...for some reason "Christmas Time is Near" by The Chipmunks is playing on the radio...despite it being April. I sit on the couch as the flames in the fireplace flickers, kicking my feet on the couch.

"Good evening out there to all those watching at home..and to all the ships at sea. Sorry I'm not out there in England just yet...I figured it's time I return home. It's time that I go back to basics. See...I am not facing some run of the mill opponent this week...I am facing an unorthodox athlete, a man who in the ring has no equal...Travis Levitt. I have been training all day to prepare for the biggest match I've had since I returned to Sin City wrestling..oh yes. Live from London England..first time ever, you got The Phoenix..against The Jukebox Hero..one on one, one fall to the finish..only one walks out the Roulette Champion."

Kicking back on the couch, I begin to remember some words he said before.

"Some weeks ago...you said my chances of beating you for that title is as good as my chances of ever getting a Platinum album. Heh..you know, some people never learn. And I guess the Roulette Champion doesn't learn either. Confidence is definitely key...something you're not lacking of course. But there is a fine line between confidence and cockiness. Because I've had champions of the past say the same things you're saying now, saying that I can never beat them for the title. Some have paid the price for that underestimation, some champions who underestimated me are no longer part of SCW. Now I'm not saying that you are just like him...but I am warning you NOT to follow his example. You know about my history..how I have a habit of collecting titles like a little kid collecting baseball cards, if you underestimate me...you'll have no choice but to go down in history alongside champions i've laid to rest."

grabbing myself a Mountain Dew off the table, I take a small sip from it before continuing.

"See, we may seem different on the surface, but we got more alike than people realize. Both of us left our home at a young age to go out and do what we were born to do...both had to bust our asses in bingo halls, armories and high school gyms..both of us having problems with addiction..both of us captured a litany of titles..but the one glaring similarity is that we both want to be recognized as the best in the world today. There is only room for one at the top..some say its you, some say it's me. There is a lot of dispute over which one of us will lead SCW into 2020...the only way it can be settled is when we fight at London Brawling 2."

I slowly get off the couch, going out to the window, looking at the night sky.

"One thing I admire about you Travis, you want to hold that title and defend it..you're not like other champions of the past who'd duck serious contenders and only defend it against curtain jerkers who don't even equal a third of your talent..you want to fight all. Thing is..I have the same mentality. A lot of great athletes held that title, Goth, Equinox, Ty West, Kristopher Ryans and many more. And now, I want to add my name among that list. While you are a great champion...I have to do it at your expense, do you want to know why?"

I slowly turn to look at the camera.

"Every time people talk about me, all I am known for is the undefeated..last ever Internet Champion. While it is an honor to be the man who retired a prestigious belt such as that, I want to be known for more than that. I want more gold on my accolades. I did not come here to coast on my past accomplishments, I want to add more to my SCW resume. When I wanted the Internet Title, I went out and took it. And now, I want the Roulette Title and I am looking to take it from you."

I slowly walk back towards the couch.

"Things didn't exactly go well for you in the Blast from the Past tourney...but you haven't forgotten that you are the Roulette Champion. You made sure to remember it when you were on commentary. When you watched me make Anthrax tap out in the middle of the ring...did it scare you? Did it cross your mind that you could be looking at your future? Could that be why after the match, you got up and you raised your belt in the air as if to say..you want it? come and get it. Perhaps maybe I found a chink in your armor. It's obvious you see me as a threat to your reign, otherwise you wouldn't be out there. Truth is..I AM a threat to your reign."

I smile and go towards the door.

"And so..the stage is set...London England, you and me for all the gold. I came back to SCW to pick up where I left off, at London Brawling...The Phoenix is gonna get rocked."

I walk out of the cabin, shutting the door.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 11:39:20 PM »

London Is Lovely

SCW London Brawling 2
SCW Roulette Championship

Travis Levitt © versus Griffin Hawkins

The scene opens up on a shot of the Union Jack flag, flying high above Buckingham Palace. Slowly the scene pulls back, until we see a shot of a pair of Queen's Guards standing tall at the Palace entry. These two men are standing as still as possible, and as the camera pulls back some more we see Travis Levitt standing there and staring sat them. The SCW Roulette Champion has his title over his shoulder, but he can't seem to take his eyes off the guards for a long few moments, before turning to look into the camera.

"Can you imagine being paid to just stand still all day? Thats your entire job. Get dressed up in some old relic of a uniform, come stand near a wall, and don't move at all for hours. No matter what distractions or sights appear, you aren't allowed to move. It has to be one of the toughest jobs in the world to be /that/ dedicated to standing still. I'd give them a tip of my cap, but they can't acknowledge it."

Travis turns to look back at the guards and then turns around fully, adjusting the title on his shoulder with a big smile stretching his lips.

"Now, speaking of old relics, lets talk about Griffin Hawkins. How's that for a segue? Griff, you know I like you. I've spent so many years watching as a man I call a friend, a good friend in fact, raves over you. Talks about how amazing you are, and how you're a legend of this business. And I admit, I feel that too. I know how good you've been. But the saddest part of this business, is not realising when your time is done at the plate. So many people miss their chance to truly take that step. To claim their spot at the top of the business. And yet, they still keep coming back again and again looking for their shot, without realising it already passed them by."

"Griff, you were the last and undefeated Internet Champion. Thats an accomplishment that no-one can take away from you. But instead of doing something with that, instead of seizing your chance and climbing to the next level....you just slipped away. Let that brass ring go and fell short. And now here it is in 2019, and you've come back looking for another crack at the brass ring. And there's a part of me, that wants to will you on. Wants to cheer for you. Wants to be out in those stands and watching you, and believing in you. Believing this is your time. This is your chance. You've still got that hunger in your eyes, I saw that last week. I know you can still go. And so, there's part of me that is pushing for you Hawkins. Part of me that wants to believe the old Rockstar has enough energy in his legs, and in his heart, to make that jump. But..."

Travis pauses and adjusts the title on his shoulder, holding onto it more tightly as he glances at it, and then back at the camera.

"The reality of the moment, is that your path to the top can't go around me. Can't go over me. And can't go under me. If you're going to make it to the top, its going to be because you put me down. And I just can't let that happen. See Griff, you and I have both fought to reach this point. We're both old school wrestling boys, with the business so deep in our blood that we just can't quit. We've both seen rock bottom, we've both seen the dazzling lights. And we've both spent most of our careers fighting to try and get higher. But thats not all we have in common. Is it Griff? See, we've both had our own addiction problems. Haven't we, Hawkins?"

"Now for you, it was younger. When you were stupider and more prone to mistakes. And you recovered, and you became the ROCKSTAR Griffin Hawkins. You won title after title and climbed as high as you could. Fought away from your silver spoon upbringing to try and be a man on your own feet. And you did it. You can stand in that ring today, and take pride in the reality that no-one got you there. YOU did that. YOU beat your demons, and YOU earned every last thing you've gotten. But some of us are still shaking off our demons, Griffin. Some of us still have that chip on our shoulder. Still have that albatross around our neck."

Levitt pauses now, reaching into his pocket and bringing out his sobriety chip. Holding it in his palm for a moment, and then clenching his hand around it and slipping it back into his pocket.

"Thats why I can't let you win, Hawkins. Its why I can't let this be the end of my story. Why I can't let you climb over me on your way up. Your path has to go through me, and I can't let it happen. This title.....it defines me now. It defines my career, my life, my everything. I'm not just some guy trying to make amends. Not just some former addict battling his demons. No, now I am defined as a CHAMPION! This title MAKES me. This title is MINE. And with every last bit of my strength in my body, I will fight to keep it. I will fight to stay champion. This is my time. My chance. My moment. I've fought for so long to get here. Fought through opponent after opponent, battle after battle, and never let myself yield. And that won't change now."

Travis lets out a breath and turns to point at the guards again even as he speaks.

"I'm like them, Griff. Just like them. I stand tall, NO! MATTER! WHAT! Whatever you throw at me, I won't yield. Whatever tricks you have, whatever plans you're hatching, they will.....they can NOT work. Because I AM the SCW Roulette Champion! I AM the Phoenix! And THIS is the Age of the Phoenix! So bring you best, Rockstar. Because at London Brawling, I want there to be no doubt about who is the SCW Roulette Champion."

Travis starts to walk off now, but he only gets a few steps away when his phone rings. Stopping and sighing, he pulls it out of his pocket and raises it to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Twavie!"

A smile crosses his face as he recognizes the voice of Pandora Barrett and chuckles gently.

"Hey Panda Bear. Whats going on, Sweetie?"

"Well, I just opened up this letter from a certain SCW champion and it contained a round-trip plane ticket to London. Do you know anything about this?"

"You know, it does sound awfully familiar. Of course, a certain SCW Champion also upgraded his room to a suite, in the hopes a certain Malicious Mademoiselle might be flying over to join him for a few days."

There's a loud laugh on the other end and Travis can't help but smile at that sweet sound before Pandora is speaking again.

"Well, I think I might be able to push back the all sorts of nothing I had planned this week and come show you around London. I'll be there tomorrow."

"Great. Send me your arrival time and I'll be there. Love you, Panda."

"Love you too. I'll see you soon."

Travis hangs up the phone, slipping it into his pocket, and then reaching over to pat his other pocket. Holding it on that pocket for a moment and then nodding softly.

"This is going to be a big week."

And with that, Levitt walks away and the scene fades to black.

>

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 11:48:30 PM »
  As much as I loved training in Canada, I have a job to do. And so, me and my brother decided now it was time to go to London England. It's not my first time there as I've wrestled there before, but me and my brother went there together. We looked around at the beautiful country before us.

Griffin Hawkins: Well bro, we're here. Picadilly Circus!

Charles Hawkins: Wow..what a shitty circus. There's no clowns or animals here..I think we got cheated.

Griffin Hawkins: That's not why it's called that...but let's just enjoy ourselves. We are guests in this country and we represent Canada which is practically a brother in arms to England.

Charles Hawkins: I wonder if Kate Middleton still lives here...wouldn't mind taking her out to see the UK...

Griffin Hawkins: Down tiger, you're not of royal blood..besides we're not here to get you laid, I got a title match on Sunday.

Charles Hawkins: Bro, this is big. You could win the gold on England soil..who knows, The Queen may be watching this match...you could be knighted!

Griffin Hawkins: I think I'll just focus on being Champion for now.

We then look at the big screen in the middle of the square as all the buses pass.

Griffin Hawkins: Man, it almost feels like Time's Square.

Charles Hawkins: Only they drive on the wrong side of the road over here...

Griffin Hawkins: And they call cookies biscuits..

Charles Hawkins: So..backwards logic aside, how are you gonna handle Travis?

Griffin Hawkins: The guy has a weakness somewhere, I just gotta look for it. But something is off about this...

Charles Hawkins: Hmm..perhaps you'll get inspired once you see the Museum of London. There's lots of history there, perhaps it'll help you get the ball rolling as you focus on Travis.

We then caught the next bus which took us out of the area in direction to the Museum. I was starting to have a little bit of doubt about the match...course, I knew this feeling before...

--------------------------------------------

~Many Years Ago~

Many would think this would be the first time overseas that I would be competing for a major title. A long time ago...I was just beginning my career in the states...Gods of Wrestling. We were right at the end of our UK tour when we headed to London England at the O2 Arena. It was my first chance at a title..I had never held one before, but always wrestled for one and failed. The Champion..Harry Figg. He held the Xtremecore Belt for a while, turning back all challengers. Would I be next? I sat in the back in the locker room...a bit nervous. My long time friend and fellow wrestler Melinda Rhodes came over, looking down at me.

Melinda Rhodes: Hey..how you holding up?

Griffin Hawkins: Good...considering the circumstances.

Melinda Rhodes: You're nervous aren't you?

Griffin Hawkins: That obvious huh?

Melinda Rhodes: Look, you can take him. Dude's big and jacked up, but bigger doesn't always mean better.

Griffin Hawkins: It's not that. Every time I ever fought for a title in my career, I came up short. I've only been doing this for a while and not once have I ever went home with gold. This isn't the indies, it's on an international stage...what if I fail?

Melinda Rhodes: Simple..you just pick yourself up and get back in the game. Listen..you're gonna do great out there. Win or lose, people are gonna be proud of you for fighting your heart out. You just gotta eliminate all the negative doubts and just go out there and fight..when this is over you'll have earned everyone's respect.

Griffin Hawkins: You really think so?

Melinda Rhodes: Hey, I wouldn't have traveled all this way to come see your title match if I didn't have faith in you. I'll seeya out there...Champ.

She smirked and walked off. That actually made me feel better. I continued to suit up until I came to the man I was facing...Harry Figg.

\'user

He just looked over to me and smiled arrogantly...as if he thought I was some kind of joke.

Harry Figg: What's up little man? What's the matter? Got them butterflies in your stomach?

I really didn't want to give this douchebag the satisfaction of knowing I'm nervous.

Griffin Hawkins: You wish..

Harry Figg: Look..it's perfectly natural. I've held this title for 5 months now, and nobody has been able to beat me. I'm the Xtremecore Champion because I'm not afraid to get downright brutal when it comes to a match where it involves no rules and no regulations. I guess what I'm saying is Griff..if you're scared, just say you're scared.

Normally..I would admit it, but something in me didn't want to back down. I slowly got up and got in his face.

Griffin Hawkins: You don't scare me Figg, tonight I am taking your title.

He just smiled at me, it looked as if he was gonna back off..maybe I earned his respect. I thought wrong when he grabbed me and shoved me against the lockers, holding me by the throat.

Harry Figg: Who do you think you're talking to little man?! Huh?! Do you know who I am? I'm the GOW Xtremecore Champion..I've remained champion by breaking little pissants like you in half! Tonight..I'll remind you why I am champion!

With that he shoves me to the floor. He just looks down at me, laughing as he walked away with the title. I felt more determined than ever to unseat him as champion..not just for my first title, but to prove him wrong. The match was everything you could expect..I was thrown around and hit with power moves..but I continued to fight through the pain, hitting him with high flying maneuver and at the closing moments of the match, I superkicked him, pinning him one..two..three. Winning my first title ever. I felt proud of myself...I was the new Xtremecore Champion...winning the belt in the United Kingdom. I raised the title above my head...the first of many to come. Little did I know...some years later, another opportunity in the same country would come my way.

----------------------------------------------------

Cameras go to the Museum where all the exhibits are. Many pictures telling about the history of London England. I look straight at the camera and speak.

"Everyone wants to make history. The people of England have been doing it long before we were ever born. They fought their hearts out against the enemy...some for freedom, some to go down in history books. And now...centuries later...here we are. A new battle about to begin on the holy soil of the United Kingdom. The Phoenix...The Rock Soldier..two titans of war, fighting just for the right to be called the Roulette Champion. The two of us know this battle will be bloody...it will be horrifying. But we are fighting just to be called the best in the industry...but only one can win, and only one can lose."

The first picture I go to looks to be a burning bridge.

"The Great Fire Of London. On September 5th 1666...a raging fire blazed throughout Medieval England. Many tried in vain to stop this raging fire...some lost their lives doing so. And now as I enter London, a raging fire of my own stands before me in the form Travis Levitt. Like his Phoenix namesake, he's been burning through Sin City Wrestling with no signs of stopping. Many would say I'm crazy to stand before this inferno...but they said the same when I challenged Anthrax to a match, and I ended up making him tap out. There are some who survived this London Fire and lived to tell the tale. Now...I'm looking to not just survive it...but to leave as Champion."

I still remember the words Travis said as I continue.

"So in the eyes of Travis, I'm an old relic. Heh..don't confuse experience with mediocrity kid. Alex Jones has been doing this as long as I have, is he an old relic? Austin James Mercer has been doing this for quite a spell himself..and by your logic, the World Heavyweight Champion is an old relic right? See..I may have been around a long time, but I have NOT lost a step like you seem to think I have. Last time I was here, I was one of the biggest stars on the roster, and as my match with Anthrax proved, I have not lost a step one bit. If you listen to the reception I've got from the people and the guys in the back..they'll agree with me. Course if you want to test that theory...meet me in the ring at Wembley SSE Arena and we will see if I am washed up like you say I am."

I go to what looks to be a tour...a pillar of statues.

"Londonia...a settlement that's established on the current site of the city of London. Emperor Maximian issued a death sentence against the admiral of Brittanic's

fleet..Carausius. For he abetted the Frankish and Saxon piracy. I see myself as Maximian and Carausius as Travis..for he does not want to give up his legacy. The way you talked about your promo how you're champion now and how that belt defines you..I see signs of fear, signs of unrest in those eyes. For you fear the age of the Phoenix may end before it begins after London Brawling if you lose the title to me. It's not personal Travis..I have a company to conquer. Like all empires throughout history...yours has to be the next to fall."

I clench my fist...feeling the impending battle that is ahead.

"You say you don't want to root for me? Good. Because I don't want you to root for me..you didn't come all this way to Merry Ole England just to be my cheerleader, you came here to fight. And you're right..I have conquered my demons, I have thumbed my nose at the rich privileged lifestyle that was supposed to be for me just to get here today. But thing is..I want more. I'm not content with what I have now. I came back to SCW to resume my success. Being the undefeated and final Internet Champion doesn't cut it for me...I want more. I want what you carry around your shoulder so proudly. You say you can't let me win? I say...I can't let you leave with that title in your hands."

I walk further out towards the exit.

"Everyone...wants to make history. I want to make history. London Brawling 2 is the perfect time. Travis Levitt...the time is almost here, you and me will fight for a title that has been held by so many greats...and we will see who's name will go down in record books as one of the greatest Champions in SCW history. I came here for the same reason you did...to show the world why I am the best...and now..it's time. Be ready Travis."

I turn and walk out of the room as the camera crew close everything up.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)