Author Topic: Back In SCW  (Read 330 times)

Offline Trish Newborn

• Californian Sensation
    • View Profile
    • Trish Newborn
Back In SCW
« on: March 31, 2017, 11:38:00 PM »
 CLAIRE SMITH-NEWBORNE: “Have you got everything, baby?”

Patricia Newborne approaches inches away from the front door in their home carrying her wrestling gear. It sparkles in the warm sunlight covering this San Diego paradise. She stops. Turning around, Patricia Newborne looks at her wife with a slight grin on her face. Besides the women’s wrestling veteran was a burst of Alexander The Great resting on a stone pedestal. Claire walks into the frame wearing a white button shirt and skinny jeans with her blonde hair grown out forcing it into a bun. Only being held up by a couple of black decorative hair sticks. On the walls were paintings Claire finished a few months ago.

PATRICIA NEWBORNE: “Like, really? Honey, I think I have what I need. It is not as if I am going across the world. It is just Chicago for a few days for the SCW Blast from the Past Tournament. Maybe I will do a few autographs for fans. You know Mark and Christian always hold these special tournaments every year and I have never once decided to join one until now?”

CLAIRE SMITH-NEWBORNE: “When Alexis dropped out. I just don’t want you to forget anything on your big return back to Sin City Wrestling for such an honorable tournament like this. I know how much it really means for you. I saw it in your eyes the moment Alexis called and asked. You were back to being that same… almost the same woman I fell in love with. Baby, I just want you to be happy with life. If winning this tournament and honoring people you look up to is important. Then, it’s important to me, too.”

Patricia lays her outfit on the side dresser and then holds her lover's hands. They look into each other’s eyes deeply. Almost sharing secret messages to which only they could see. Newborne gently rubs Claire’s hand.

PATRICIA NEWBORNE: “There’s always room for one more.”

Claire lowers her hand. Looking away for a second before looking back at Patricia standing there.

CLAIRE SMITH-NEWBORNE: “I can’t. I have this huge appointment with a gallery owner wanting to put stuff on display. I can’t miss this again. Baby, if I could, I would be right there front and center screaming at the top of my lungs watching you take on Mercedes and Max. You know I would be there if I could like I always have been since the start. This one, Tiger, you’re on your own again.”

She explains teary eyed.

CLAIRE SMITH-NEWBORNE: “Besides, who will be here to take care of the kids. We can’t just keep doing this and dragging them away from school. Go. Win that tournament, and we’ll be waiting for you when you come back.”

PATRICIA NEWBORNE: “I do not know about winning this tournament, Claire. I am just doing this to show my support for Gorilla Monsoon and Sherri Martel. I want to honor their names when stepping into the ring in this mixed tag team tournament. There are some stiff names already added on the list that could win just as well as we could win. I have had many matches with Mercedes to understand that anything can happen. She is one of my greatest rivals. Right up there with Amy when I was really cruel and mean to her leaving when I did. It was unprofessional of me. I want Las Vegas fans to see the real me out there and not this nasty person who wanted everything for herself. I am on a mission here, Claire. You know how I am about being on missions.”

Claire kisses the veteran. Patricia could smell the sweet scent of her wife’s shampoo. It curled and twisted through her nostrils spiking Patricia’s senses and always relaxed her from any worrying that might happen. It was the scent of fresh lavender. Patricia then reaches over grabbing her wrestling outfit off the side dresser. Understanding that time was ticking away while she stood.

CLAIRE SMITH-NEWBORNE: “I love you with all my heart. Now go. Before I have to make a call to the guys and ask to enter this thing and beat you up myself. I can be just as fearless you know. I learned from the best of the best.”

She kisses Patricia this time on the cheek.

CLAIRE SMITH-NEWBORNE: “I heard there isn’t no one better than Trish.”

With that Patricia smiles and waves bye to her beautiful wife before opening up the door outside. Soon, our veteran finds herself walking toward a white parked car in her driveway. She opens the car door looking back at her home. The wind starts to carry the fragments of her brunette hair sending them everywhere. Patricia smiles getting into the vehicle and Larger than Life by Backstreet Boys starts to play through the speakers as she closes the door and drives off into the sunset.

● ● ●

Cameras cut to an empty street in the middle of downtown Chicago. No people roaming to get a bite to eat or driving to the movies to see Logan in theaters. It was nothing until the sound of heels clicks against the solid pavement, and a familiar voice from the past is heard. Out of nowhere, former SCW Bombshell Champion, Patricia Newborne is shown coming out from the side frame.

PATRICIA NEWBORNE: “Mercedes. How long have we been doing this? Thirteen maybe fifteen years? We have known each other since almost the very beginning of our careers. We have been placed in hundreds of scenarios that saw one of us walking away with the victory. One of us had our hand raised at the end. We have fought over pride and over Undisputed World Championships. I know you, Mercedes. I know you well in this business, there’s only a few left in wrestling.”

Continuing to walk until Patricia comes across an intersection. Every street had history wrapped alongside the pavement and the brick used to make most buildings found here; broken and left to suddenly decay within time. The Californian Sensation looks up for a second then back again glancing at just how tall they all were compared to the smallest of her own body.

PATRICIA NEWBORNE: “I know you better than anyone because we have had many battles across the world. Across different promotions, Mercedes. I bet somewhere that you are analyzing everything I have ever done trying to find out some kind of weakness to exploit saying. Or, some form of strategy you can create that could gain the upper hand in this little mind game of ours. It is not going work this time. This is a mixed tag team tournament. It is the Blast from the Past. Remembering those who came before us and paved the way for everyone passing through this company. Ever since I known you, Mercedes, I have watched as you grew from a being an amateur into one of the best in this business.”

”You have done a lot in Sin City Wrestling since I have retired. You have held the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship three times, held the SCW Bombshell Internet Championship, managed to push yourself to win the Bombshell Championship - and Mercedes, you were also a Tag Team Champion with Traci Patterson. You managed to do what I could have only dreamed. I mean, gee, Mercy, you are a Grandslam Champion here in Sin City Wrestling. Incredible. I am sure that you have decided to make sure that everyone in this company knows about it. All that does not matter.”

She walks again.

PATRICIA NEWBORNE: “It does not matter then and sure as heck doesn’t matter now. This is not about boosting your own ego for more success. It is more about honoring those two selected by Christian and Mark. I really do not care about how many championships you earned here. I do not care about the other stats about how many combined consecutive title defenses you have had. If I wanted that I would get information from sports center. You can have to be the best here. I am doing this victory for everyone out there who paid to see wrestling for wrestling. I came here to fight with my partner.”

Cameras zoom in onto Patricia’s angelic face. It only takes moments before Newborne lowers her head down to the ground messing with her hands a slight bit. She looks at what she’s doing.

PATRICIA NEWBORNE: “And that is what I plan to do at Control Climax. You can bet on that.”

Patricia adds with a wink and a smile. She starts to walk more down toward the end of some beauty shops and makeup stores. Her head lifts up, and Patricia speaks once again.

PATRICIA NEWBORNE: “Mercedes’ partner just happens to be you, Max Burke, I feel sorry for you because Mercy really likes to plan every detail out like a math problem and she will not shut up about what she has done in the business that makes her so good at these types of matches. You being a third generation superstar might believe that maybe you got a lucky number.”

“I mean, from what I understand, you have been on and off with Sin City Wrestling since twenty-twelve fresh out of training a year before. In fact, I remember seeing you in the locker rooms preparing for your matches getting that incredible high of wanting to show the world what Max Burke was made of and showing them who you were. Believe me, I know that feeling because I’ve been in your shoes as you might find out watching old shows of mine. The last being when I walked out on this company and saying I was done with Sin City Wrestling. Funny how that worked out, huh?”

The veteran of fifteen years looks toward cameras.

PATRICIA NEWBORNE: “See, I understand that you captured the Men’s Bombshell Roulette Championship from Kain in twenty-thirteen. Must have been really great for you to finally get SCW gold. You tried your hand at winning the big one but just never could. At least you could an opportunity to go the distance. That is something, right? I know you might be bitter. I realize that you want another chance at chasing your dream. But you see, Max, this is my opportunity to give back to those that truly deserve to be with us today, however, are not. It is more than being a hunt for me. Max, I am doing this with my partner James Tuscini because of respect. Learn it sometime.”

SCW Control Climax was just days from being a reality for most wrestling fans and the Blast of the Past Tournament soon would come. Our transmission ends with Patricia staring into the camera with eyes of a strong woman. We would soon be transported to darkness and a black screen is shown.