Author Topic: Denial  (Read 309 times)

Offline Alexis Edwards

• View Profile
    • Alexis Edwards
Denial
« on: May 13, 2016, 10:39:24 PM »
 OOC: Apologies for not delivering much this week.  It's been a rough couple of days for me and I just couldn't do everything I wanted with this RP.  Sorry to Roxi and Natalie for disappointing against you guys.

Sunday May 8th
After Climax Control

I did what I came here to do.  I walked out to the ring in front of the Japanese crowd in Okayama.  I’m not sure it made one bit of difference, because the majority of the people in the crowd don’t speak English, let alone understand it.  So why the fuck should they care about a word I’m saying?  Oh well, i’s not them that I was focused on.

It’s everyone walking around and watching backstage...the ones who I KNOW understand everything I said.  Whether or not they actually watched and listened is another story, but I said what I had to say.  I got most everything off my chest, so it’s all up to everyone else to just fucking listen and stop with the damn rumors.  But, I really don’t expect that to happen anyway so it’s whatever, really.  

Anyway, the show just ended.  I actually stuck around to watch Connor’s match because without Tim and Celeste around, Connor and I...well we kinda need to stick together.  I feel shitty that I’m just now realizing that because the past few weeks I’ve turned into a loner for the most part.  Stumbling my way around Japan, getting lost here and there.  Living in my own misery, really.  I couldn’t abandon Connor tonight.  Not when he had another shot at the World Heavyweight Title, and this time in a one-on-one that he deserved.

That match was great.  Connor put up a hell of a fight and he showed everyone that he deserves that title.  It sucked watching J2H walk out still the champ, but that doesn’t even matter.  Connor put up a hell of a fight and I know I’m damn proud of him.

I just hope his shoulder is ok.  He looked like he was in a lot of pain at the end of that match so I need to go check on him.

I’ve got my duffel bag and the rest of my belongings with me as I head down the hall towards the medical locker room.  I stop in front of the door and I can hear Connor yelling inside and I gently knock on the door, waiting for permission to enter.

“Come on in!”

I’m almost nervous to walk inside.  One, because I don’t really want to see Connor in rough shape and two, because he’s one pissed off Irishman right now and I’m not really ready to see that temper of his.  Either way, I slowly push the door open and peek my head inside.  Connor is sitting on an exam table, shirtless, as one of the trainer’s works on wrapping an ice pack around his shoulder.  He doesn’t seem to happy, even though the trainer works as gently as he can.

Lex: Hey Con...How ya feelin’?

Stupid question, I know.  And judging by the angry glare he sends my way, I know that is exactly what he’s thinking, too.

Connor: How does it look like I’m doin’, Lex?!

I let out a sigh as I step inside the room, standing just by the door as I fold my arms across my chest.

Lex: Damn, sorry for asking.  I was hoping it was maybe one of the “I look better than I feel” moments.  Guess I was wrong.

He shakes his head and gives me an apologetic look.

Connor: Sorry, Lex.  Didn’t mean to come across as an arsehole.  I could just really go for a smoke right now.

I reach into my pocket and pull out my packet of cigarettes and my lighter, holding them out to him.

Lex: Here, have one of mine.

Connor gladly reaches for one of the cigarettes with his good arm, but just as he places the cigarette between his lips and I go to light it for him, one of the trainer’s turns around and shakes their head.

Trainer: Sorry, Connor, but you can’t smoke in here.

Connor: Fine.  Lex, help me outside and we can--

Trainer: I don’t think so, Connor.  You need to stay put for now until we can examine that shoulder further.

Connor: Ahh c’mon!  Just a quick smoke!

I can’t help but let out a laugh as the trainer again shakes his head at Connor and he pouts his lip out disappointedly.  He huffs and rolls his eyes and I return my cigarettes back to my pocket.

Lex: Well, it looks like I’m in the way here.  I need to get going.  I just wanted to check and see how you were doing.

Connor: I’m fine.  I’ll be fine.  Stick around for a bit and maybe we can go grab a few drinks once they let me go.

I shake my head.

Lex: No can do, Con.  I need to get to the airport.  I’m catching a flight back to Vegas tonight.

Connor: Vegas?  What the hell for?!  We’re in the middle of a bloody tour, Lex!

I shrug, and I can feel the saddened and disappointed look fall over my face.

Lex: Yeah and it’s a tour that I’m wasting my fucking time on, Con!  I haven’t been booked the last two weeks and I just saw next week’s card and I’m not even on that show either!  What’s the point of travelling around Japan if I’m not in a damn match?

Connor: Lex, ye need to do what I’ve been doin’.  Just go out there and throw out challenges.  Don’t wait for them to book ye, because they’ll continue to disrespect ya and waste your talent!  Challenge Sammy Marlowe for that belt of hers or somethin’.

I let out a laugh and shake my head.

Lex: Like that would go over well?  Please...Crystal would never let that happen and besides...I don’t want that title.  Never have and I never will.

Connor shakes his head.

Connor: Why not?  I know ye’d make a great Bombshell Champ, Lex.  Ye’d be better than any of the other Bombshells on the roster.  Ye just don’t believe in yerself enough apparently.

Lex: Believing in myself doesn’t even mean shit, Connor.  I know I can be a damn champion, but people continue to talk shit, and they always will.  Hell, the Nobodies are pretty much done now, but I’ll always be a nobody in the eyes of everyone else.  I’ll always be overlooked so...I can’t escape it.

Connor: That’s shite and you know it.  The Nobodies aren’t done.

I roll my eyes and let out a laugh.

Lex: Yes, they are Connor.  Please don’t turn into the Nobodies version of Veronica Taylor and the Mean Girls.  That girl can’t accept the Mean Girls are done and over and she’s so stuck in the past and trying to keep the thought of the Mean Girls alive, she doesn’t realize how pathetic she looks.  I’ll be damned if I’m going to do that with the Nobodies image.  I’m accepting the fact that the Nobodies are done.  And you should do.

Connor: And what about when Tim comes back?  The Nobodies can come back stronger than ever, Lex..

I shake my head and glance at him just as a pained grimace crosses his face as he unintentionally moves his bad shoulder for a brief moment.  He closes his eyes and relaxes a bit.

Lex: IF he comes back, Con.  We don’t know a whole lot of anything right now.  Well...at least I don’t.

Connor: Because ye haven’t gone to see Tim yet.  Ye know, maybe going back to Vegas for the week is a good thing.  It’ll give ye a chance to catch up with Celeste and then go see Tim

Lex: I was already planning on meeting up with C, but I don’t know about Tim.  Everything going on right now is my fucking fault, and I just don’t think I can face him right now.

He shakes his head again as I look away.  This whole mess with Tim is just killing me right now.

Connor: Damn it, Lex, would ye quit blaming yerself.  We’ve all got problems and they’re no one’s fault but our own, got it?  Just get yer arse back to Vegas and go see him.

I shake my head and try to argue with him, but he holds up his good arm and points at me.

Connor: No arguments, Lex.  Get the hell outta here.  I’ll be fine.  Tim needs ye more right now.

Lex: You keep me updated on what they say about your shoulder?

Connor: Will do.

We both exchange nods and go the odd route of exchange a friendly “fist bump”.  I turn around a few moments later and head out of the locker room, ready to make my way to the airport.

Early Monday Morning
Las Vegas, Nevada
McCarron International Airport

Jet lag is seriously a bitch.  Why is it that just went I was getting used to the time difference in Japan, I’m given a reason to travel BACK home to the United States?  And the tour isn’t even finished!  With my luck, though, I won’t be booked the rest of the tour so I can just stay back in Vegas.  The way it’s looking, that’s exactly what is going to happen.

After getting little to no sleep on the near sixteen hour flight from Japan to Las Vegas, my plane finally landed just a little while ago.  I’m so fucking exhausted and need sleep, but that’s easier said than done when you have some creepy, smelly Japanese dude seated next to you.  Not to mention, when he fell asleep, not only did he snore loud as hell, but he drooled enough to fill a five gallon bucket!  Fucking gross!

Needless to say, I need a fucking shower and at LEAST twenty-four hours of uninterrupted sleep.  But, that’s all about to get shot to hell, as I turn my phone back on once I’m walking through the airport after getting my luggage.

As soon as my phone kicks on, I get several text notifications, but an email notification is what catches my attention first.  It’s from Christian Underwood.  Oh, great...What the fuck is this about?  I’m half tempted to ignore it, but my gut feeling says I better not, so I open the email to see what he’s sent me.

I stop dead in my tracks and stare down at my phone, wide-eyed as I read the message.

From Christian Underwood:

Alexis,

There has been a slight card change to next week’s show.  You have been added to the Roxi Johnson versus Natalie McKinley match, making it a triple threat.  Good luck, and I hope this email finds you well!  We will see you next week in Kobe.

Kind Regards,

Christian Underwood

Lex: You’ve got to be shitting me?!

I raise my voice loudly and several other travellers stop and stare at me, but I could really care less about everyone else right now.  I just travelled all the way back to Las Vegas because I wasn’t booked in a match again, and they went and changed the fucking card!

Lex: Card subject to change, but the one fucking time it does, I waste my time leaving Japan when I should have stayed!  Motherfuckers!

I close my eyes and let out a frustrated sigh and as I go to put my phone back in my pocket, it starts ringing.

Lex: Fuuuck!

I don’t even look at the screen as I furiously tap the accept button, answering the call.

Lex: Yeah?!

I hear Celeste chuckling on the other end.

Celeste: Well hello to you too, sissy.  I see you’re still PMSing.  How many months does that make it?

I let out a sigh and shake my head.

Lex: I’m not in the mood right now, C.  I’m tired as hell, jet-lagged, and on top of that, I just got an email from Christian Underwood saying they went and added me to the damn show next week!

Celeste: Yeah, I’m sure you’ll tell me all about it in a little while.  Don’t make a fool by complaining in the airport.

Lex: Umm, about that.  Look, maybe we should wait to meet up, C.  Like I said, I’m tired as hell and I just need to get back to my place and crash for the next twenty-four hours…

I hear a low grumbling on the other end.

Celeste: Nuh uh, Lex.  You’re not backing out on me here.  Put your big girl panties on and get your ass over here.  We have shit to talk about anyway.

I let out another sigh as I adjust the strap of my duffel bag over my shoulder and start walking again.  I think everyone in the airport has gone back to focusing on their own business and they’ve forgotten about me and my outburst.

Lex: Ugh...fine.  But you’re buying me breakfast because I’m fucking starving.

Celeste: You realize after this you owe me like...a really expensive dinner and a movie or something, right?

Lex: Dude, that just makes it sound like a date or something.  Look, I’ll buy next time.  I’m not going to bicker with you about it.  I’ll see you in a little bit, alright?

Celeste: If you don’t show up, you know I’ll hunt you down at your apartment so your ass better be here soon.

Even though she can’t see it, I roll my eyes and let out an annoyed laugh.  I don’t say anything else as I end the call and return it to its place in my pocket.  I head out of the airport, grab a taxi and tell the driver where I need to go.  When I slide into the backseat, the driver pulls away a few minutes later.

About thirty minutes later…

So the drive took a little while longer than expected, but that’s because I had the driver make a quick detour to my apartment so I could drop off my duffel bag.  I mean, come on...Why would I show up to a restaurant with my damn luggage?  If Celeste decides to bitch me out for being fifteen minutes later than expected, that’s her problem.

But I guess I’m about to find out because the taxi driver finally drops me off outside the cafe.  I spot Celeste sitting by the window not far from the entrance.  I quickly pay the taxi driver and head inside, sliding into the booth to face Celeste.  She already has a cup of coffee waiting for me and I quickly take a drink.  That shit tastes horrible on its own and after I test the strength of the coffee, I take my flask out of my pocket, untwist the cap and pour a little bit of booze into the coffee.  Celeste just stares at me and shakes her head.

Celeste: Little early for that, don’t you think?

I shake my head.

Lex: Relax, it’s just a little and it’s more for the taste anyway.

Celeste: That’s what they have cream and sugar for, ya know?

I slowly raise my eyes and glare at her as I take another drink of my now spiked coffee.

Lex: Is this going to turn into some sort of lecture or something, C?  It’s not like I’m putting enough in their to get buzzed or anything.  Cream and sugar doesn’t change the flavor enough for me, so just relax, ok?  Damn.

Celeste: If you say so.  Excuse me for being worried about you is all.

I laugh and shake my head as I set my cup of coffee down on the table and lean back on my side of the booth.  I fold my arms as I glare at her.

Lex: Worried?  About me?  Why the hell would you be worried about me?  Tim is the one with a bunch of shit going on right now so it’s him you should worry about.  Not me.

Celeste: Lex, do you honestly think I’m stupid enough to fall for that?  This might be the first time I’ve seen you since Blaze of Glory, but come on. You look like shit.  Not to mention, I know about your new little problem.  So, yeah, I have to worry about you because you’re in as much shit as Tim right now.

I roll my eyes and take another drink of my coffee.  I don’t know what new problem Celeste is even talking about right now.

Lex: What new problem?  If you’re falling for that bullshit that Tommy Knocks is spreading around on The Hotwire, just stop right now.  I don’t have a drinking problem.

Celeste: First off, I don’t have time to listen to that bullshit that Tommy Knocks puts out, so that’s not where I’m getting this.  I know the tell tale signs of a drinking problem, and you, girl, have all of them.  But...I’m not going to argue with you about it right now.  It’s not what we have to talk about.

I avert my eyes, letting them drift over to the menu just next to me.  I pick up the menu and start browsing through it, deciding what I want to eat and my stomach lets out a loud growl.  I take in a deep breath as I try to decide what I want.

Lex: Can it wait until after we eat?  I’m fucking starv--

Celeste: No, it can’t wait!  You’re fucking boyfriend, one of my closest friends, has been in rehab the past few weeks and you can’t even admit it, Lex!  Not to mention, you haven’t even been to see him!

I refuse to look at her as my eyes continue to scan the menu quickly.  The longer I ignore her, the more frustrated she gets until she smacks the menu down and out of my hands and I have no choice but to glare up at her.  She just stares at me for a few moments, not saying a word until I throw my hands up, defeated.

Lex: Alright!  Fine!  Time is in rehab!  I fucking said it!

Celeste: You’re going to see him, Lex.  Today.

I shake my head quickly.

Lex: No, C.  I can’t.  All this shit is my fault, and after I get some sleep, I have to head right back to Japan anyway.  You’re here for Tim, and that’s good enough for me.

Celeste: You seriously blame yourself for this?  You didn’t give Tim the damn drugs, Lex.  And you can wait until the end of the week to head back to Japan.  Or better yet, just skip the whole show completely.  I know you haven’t been happy for a while, Lex.  You didn’t have to go on this tour after Blaze of Glory, and I’m surprised you even did.  Especially with everything going on with Tim.

Lex: I’m not about to just let Connor go at it alone in SCW, C.  Not to mention, I’m not going to skip out on a match against Roxi Johnson and Natalie McKinley.  Especially, Roxi.  I beat Keira a few weeks ago, and I’m gonna enjoy whooping Roxi, too.

Celeste lets out a sigh and she slowly shakes her head.  I really wish the waitress would walk up to our booth so I can order some damn food already.  That bitch is knocking her tip down with every second.

Celeste: You need to calm down on this obsessive hate you have for Team Hero, specifically Keira.  She’s gonna be at ringside during this match and don’t think she’s gonna let you forget that you used brass knucks to beat her in that match, either.  Kudos for that, but, at least admit it.

I shake my head and laugh.

Lex: I don’t know why everyone keeps thinking I used brass knucks, because I didn’t.  Bitch is just salty that she lost to me like I knew she would.

Celeste: Ok, do you seriously not remember using brass knucks against Keira, or are you just trying to make yourself look better by not admitting you cheated to beat her?  You cheated...who the hell cares.  Keira had it coming but, damn...Something is going on with you, Lex.

Lex: Nothing is going on with me, C, except the fact that I’ve been up for like...twenty-four hours at least.  I’m tired as hell and I need some food.

She lets out a sigh and nods.

Celeste: Look, I’m just trying to help you, Lex.  I’ve got this feeling you’re gonna do something stupid on Sunday, and I’m trying to make sure that doesn’t happen.  Maybe...maybe seeing Tim will actually help you.  Have you ever thought about that.

Lex: Where the fuck is our damn waitress?  I need some fucking food like ten minutes ago!

I’m vaguely aware of several people turning to stare at me as I shout across the restaurant.  Celeste shakes her head again.

Celeste: I told her to give us some time when you showed up because I needed to talk to you uninterrupted.  Lex, I’m serious.  You need to--

Lex: What I need, C, is for you to quit telling me what I need to do.  Seeing Tim right now is not going to make me feel any better because if I hadn’t put him through so much bullshit over the last few months, maybe he wouldn’t have started doing drugs in the first place.  So, yeah, I blame myself for all this shit and it’s not gonna make me feel better going to visit him in that place, alright?!

Celeste: I think you’re wrong.  On both counts, but hey, what do I know, right?  Just quit being so fucking stubborn and go see him before I have to drag your ass there myself!

I close my eyes, bury my face in my hands and let out a sigh.

Lex: I...I can’t do this...Tell Tim I’ll come see him as soon as this tour is over, but I just...can’t right now.  I...I gotta go.

I start to slide out of the booth and Celeste stares at me, shocked.  She tries to follow me, but I turn and glare towards her.

Lex: I’m sorry, C.  I really am, but I just can’t do this.  I need to get some sleep.  I need to clear my head and then get back to Japan and focus on this match.  If I go visit Tim right now...it won’t help either of us, okay?  So just...back off.  And don’t try and follow me.  I’ll talk to you later.

I take a couple of bills out of my pocket and toss it down on the table as my way of paying for my coffee.  I dart out of the restaurant and hail another taxi, wanting nothing more than to get back to my apartment and just...sleep for the next week.

Too bad I have to head right back to Japan to face Roxi and Natalie on Sunday.
>