Author Topic: Asterisk the 16th: Keep Calm and Sorry Not Sorry  (Read 305 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk the 16th: Keep Calm and Sorry Not Sorry
« on: March 20, 2015, 11:54:57 PM »

And in the Main Event...

TAG TEAM MATCH

THE METAL AND PUNK CONNECTION (AMY MARSHALL AND JESSIE SALCO)

versus
THE MEAN GIRLS (DELIA DARLING and MERCEDES VARGAS)

S|C|E|N|E| 001

>[ G L U E D | S T A T E | R E V I S I T E D]

BLAZE OF GLORY IV
PRISMEN, COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
BACKSTAGE

[There were no words.

At least none that could describe the complete disappointment and utter embarrassment this night turned out for the Mean Girls. One by one, the dominoes began the fall. Just when everything was coming together, everything was falling apart. Well over a year now, one match after the other, the tide was turning, the enemy was winning, the crowd was cheering, the night was longer.

And yet here she was, long after her match to watch the rest of the night unfold. Like a bad car accident that she wanted to turn from but just couldn't. Mercedes Vargas was Bombshell Roulette Champion no longer. Five defenses is all she could milk out of her title run and a sixth was almost a certainty, in her own mind, anyway. But she knew that the extra weight on her shoulder was no longer there, the title wasn't sitting on her lap, or even next to her. All she could do was continue staring at that damn flatscreen monitor mounted on the wall.

The sudden clickity-clack of heels warns her that someone was approaching, but even that didn't stir Mercedes out of her reverie. The sound stops all of a sudden and we see the presence of backstage interviewer Ms. Rocky Mountains enter the scene, microphone in hand.

The brunette cautiously angles the mic towards Mercedes, not sure on how to proper a question. She looks at the camera guy for direction, but is given a nonplussed reaction. Turning back to Mercedes, she decides to go with it.
]

Ms. Rocky Mountains: Mercedes, what do you have to say after what happened tonight?

[Either Mercedes didn't hear the question or didn't care to even look at the interviewer, she continued staring up at the monitor as it showed Amy Marshall celebrating her monumental win. Rocky returns the microphone to herself.]

Ms. Rocky Mountains: Do you have anything to say about what you're seeing right now? Amy Marshall becoming the new champion, becoming a triple crown champion, Delia's reign and unbeaten streak ending, anything?

[Again, Rocky's question goes unanswered and she is left holding the microphone.]

Ms. Rocky Mountains: Did you regret not taking Natalie McKinley seriously ahead of your match?

[Mercedes slowly turns to face Rocky, and we see the sourpuss expression on her face. She locks eyes with the interviewer and her words comes through gritted teeth.]

Mercedes: Rocky, if you haven't noticed, I'm not in a very good mood right now, and I feel like punching someone.

[She leans forward, face only inches away from hers, smiling.]

Mercedes: And you're way too close.

[Rocky flashes a nervous smile at Mercedes as she puts distance between herself and the Argentine Bombshell, not wanting to deal with any physicality tonight.]

Ms. Rocky Mountains: Mercedes, thank you for your time.

[Mercedes turns back to the monitor and she is now alone again. Our scene fades on her shaking her head in disgust, but can't resist mouthing "Damn." as we come to a close.]

S|C|E|N|E| 002
K E E P | C A L M | A N D | S O R R Y | N O T | S O R R Y

SOMEWHERE IN MUNICH, GERMANY
DAYTIME

***RECORDED THE MORNING OF FRIDAY, MARCH 21, 2015***

[REC]

“Ommmm....Is this thing on? Because it's about ready to be on. Ommmm."

[Sitting alone on a straw mat in the center of a yoga studio is Mercedes with a calm, peaceful expression as meditation music plays in the background. The camera pulls back to show her in a yoga pose with her eyes closed. She speaks slowly and deliberately.]

“It's killing you, isn't it?

"It's killing you, Jessie Salco. Wondering what am I going to say after what went down two weeks ago in Copenhagen. Well, I guess if there is a time to finally break my silence, now would be pretty good. But just because I've been silent all this time doesn't mean I wasn't upset. See, what's so unique about the Mean Girls – despite what everyone seems to paint us as  - we express our anger in different ways. Amanda and Veronica voiced their displeasure on Twitter, and who could blame them? They were upset, they were pissed off. Hell, we all were. But, you know, in this time of reflection, I realized that I was mostly upset. Why? Because clearly something was rotten in the state of Denmark."

[Mercedes uncross her legs to come out of the pose, then lowers her arms. She straightens her legs out in front of her, then slightly bends her knees, resting her elbow on her knee and her chin on her hands.]

“In case you need me to slow it down and spell it out for you, I'm talking about that farce of a World Bombshell Championship match at Blaze of Glory. The night where, yes, Amy Marshall made history to became YOUR World Bombshell Champion. I say your World Bombshell Champion, because that's exactly what she is. She's certainly not a champion in my eyes, and everyone knows why."

[She opens her eyes and looks back up at the camera with an enraged look on her face.]

“HISTORY IS THE ONLY THING YOU GOT, AMY, BECAUSE YOU DON'T DESERVE TO EVEN CALL YOURSELF A CHAMPION! THEY SAID IT WAS THE UPSET OF THE DECADE? PLEASE! THE NOTION...THE FUCKING NOTION THAT YOU BEAT DELIA DARLING IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE! WHAT HAPPENED TWO WEEKS AGO WAS A F-L-U-K-E. FLUKE! PURE LUCK. A MISTAKE. WORSE OF ALL, THAT NIGHT WILL GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE BIGGEST SCREW JOBS IN SIN CITY WRESTLING BECAUSE OF THAT TRAITOR, HOLLY! AND YOU JUST SAT THERE AND WATCHED IT HAPPEN, YOU ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN!"

[Mercedes stops, realizing that her emotions got the best of her. Turning away from the camera, she breathes in deeply, shakes her head, then slowly returns her gaze at the lens, emotions in check, focus unwavering, expression deadly serious.]

“I hope you enjoy your Cinderella moment and all, Amy, but what you and Natalie forgot, sweetheart, is that you're on borrowed time. And Natalie, now you're the one who will be getting less than eight hours of sleep a night. You're the one who will have to stay up watching and waiting and wondering just who will be that next Bombshell that's going to knock you off that pedestal. When that clock strikes at midnight, Amy, you will go back to being the loser you've always been. And the rest of the chickadees will join you. Natalie will probably pack her bags and run away again. And Roxi and Keira? It seems they care more about announcing their *using air quotes* sexy time on Twitter than their are about their matches these days. Seriously?”

[Mercedes settles into her next pose, which apparently has a name. It's called the "You Got to Be Kidding Me" pose.]

“You ever had one of those days where you just don't feel like coming to work? Sunday night, Climax Control 109, Munich, Germany...Metal and Punk Connection, that you think you're walking out of the main event with a victory at our expense? Not going to happen. What we promise will happen is that the hits will keep on coming. Myself and Delia, as much as these fans know what will happen Sunday, we're not going to finish you quickly. No, we're going to take our sweet time, we're going to enjoy ourselves and we're going to make this slow and painful. That main event is going to be a long night for the both of you, and I hope that Keira, Roxi, and the rest of those bitches in the back will be watching, because you will serve as an example on why you don't mess with Delia FUCKING Darling, and why you don't mess with this Latina. You're going to see a side of me you've NEVER seen before. And trust me, it's not going to end well for you."

[Mercedes shakes her head, making grimaces with her lips and eyes.]

“Now, Jessie, I've taken a liking to your recent tweets and all that smack talk just makes me want to look forward to this match even more. See, I bet after Blaze of Glory you, Amy and the rest of the Jealous Janis Army are probably thinking the Mean Girls are now yesterday's news. And you know what, you're absolutely right. We're yesterday's news, today's news, tomorrow's news, and we damn sure will be Sunday's news when we completely kick your collective asses. So, Jessica, Amelia, bring your A-game, throw up the horns..."

[Mercedes mockingly does so.]

“Pray to the gods..."

[She points two fingers to the sky while barely looking up, then back to the camera.]

“And sharpen up those spikes."

[Mercedes moves her hands above her head and mockingly moves her hands up and down. A direct shot at Amy Marshall, of course.]

“The Mean Girls, yeah, we have egg on our face, sure. But we still have a twinkle in our eye, revenge on our mind, and a swagger in our step. Don't delude yourselves. Even when you win, you lose when it comes to the Mean Girls. Singles title or no singles title, we're still at the top of the class, we're still at the top of the food chain, we’re still at the head of the table...”

[Mercedes leans in close to the camera lens, and replies with a sadistic whisper.]

"And no, you still can't sit with us.”

[Mercedes smirks.]

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I must now find my center.”

[Mercedes waves off the camera before closing her eyes again and sits there silently  and puts her thumbs to her index fingers as well.]

"Ommmm. Sorry not sorry. Ommm....”

[Fade.]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 12:18:19 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)