Author Topic: A legend, an ACTUAL legend  (Read 915 times)

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
A legend, an ACTUAL legend
« on: October 22, 2021, 10:01:15 PM »

Tempest: A what?

Tempest, the amazonian monster heel of the Bombshell division, asked aloud into her phone from her hotel room inside of Boston’s Seaport Hotel. Much like her past experiences during this tour, the Stevens had seen fit to upgrade Tempest from some seedy little hotel on the outskirts of the city, which would have suited her just fine, to something much more fitting for not just a member of their famed training facility, but a Sin City Wrestling Champion, as well. And despite her continued reluctance at being gifted anything of excess, Tempest had learned that Gabriel and Odette were as stubborn as they were generous, so she opted to just settle in and give them her thanks, which was all they ever really wanted.

And she had even planned to succumb to the ideals the Stevens as well as Mercer and her own mother were trying to beat into her; make the most of these tours and actually DO something! Perhaps visit the New England Aquarium, maybe see the Franklin Park or Stone Zoo. Who knows? But her decision was put on hold, albeit briefly, when Gabriel himself had called. You see, the bosses had assigned her a personal appearance of sorts, and thought it would be better received coming from him as opposed to - well, anyone else really.

Gabriel: A podcast. Basically these men and women, mostly wrestling fans, go to conventions or actual shows to meet with wrestlers and interview them so they can air it on their channel.

Tempest: … Why?

Gabriel: Like I said, they’re fans. It gets them closer to the sport they love and the men or women they happen to be fans of. Plus, it's a good way for a wrestler and/or their promotion to get in some free advertising while the blogger racks up the views and word of mouth spreads for his or her show. It's a win-win.

Tempest openly scoffed at that ideology, stepping up to the drawn curtains of her room on the fourth floor. She pulled aside the drapes and had a look outside for a better understanding of what the weather might be like for this part of her stay;  the sun was indeed out but the sky was overcast, possibly threatening rain at some point in the coming days. Not the most ideal state to visit an outdoor location such as the zoos but it would serve its own purpose by possibly keeping more tourists at bay.

Tempest: Except for the one who has to sit through some farce interview by some freak pretending to be an actual journalist! Why couldn't this interview be done by one of those tarts SCW employs?

Gabriel: You mean besides the fact you have them too scared to approach you?

That much was probably true. Tempest was not a fan of granting interviews. She was a woman of action, not so much of words. And her annoyance at having a microphone stuck in her face was evident each and every time one of the roving reporters of SCW would dare to approach her. How this was going to be any better was beyond her, but Gabriel continued on in the hopes he might soften the blow. Make no mistake; despite this soft approach, this was not optional. She WOULD have to conduct this interview online for the world to see.

Gabriel: The fans can see those interviews every week. This is setting up the biggest event of the year so of course they want things to be a little more special and unique.

Tempest: By putting me in a studio with someone who couldn’t actually break into the business so instead he plays pretend?

From his end of the call, Gabriel smiles while he rolls his eyes at the manner in which his and Odette’s charge is displaying her stubborn nature.

Gabriel: It's not as bad as you're assuming. I've done a number of them when I was still competing. I think the comfort level all depends on the host. And this guy is one of the best; as much a pro as they get. He has a full studio and equipment and even a few major sponsors. Guy is legit. The only thing you have to look out for are his  trick questions.

Tempest: The what now?

Gabriel: This guy is known for hitting his guests out of nowhere with a question to try and throw them off of their guard. Most likely his attempt to be wrestling’s answer to Howard Stern, I imagine. He wants you to blow your cool, to get drama ratings if nothing else.

Tempest dropped the drapes back into place, and walked across the room to have a seat on the bedside. Her fingers dug into the soft comforter and curled into a fist.

Tempest: You’re not doing much to alleviate how I’m feeling about this whole thing, Gabriel.

Gabriel: I’m just trying to soften the blow, you might say. So everything isn’t so much a surprise.

Tempest closed her eyes and with a free hand, used her fingers to massage at her temple as she felt the pangs of a headache starting to hit her.

Tempest: This isn’t optional, is it?

World Web Wrestling has been described as one of, if not THE premiere Internet web chats in the rough and tumble world of professional wrestling. Every other week a superstar from professional wrestling was invited onto the program for a one-on-one 'shoot style' interview with the host, Mister Dwayne Carter.

Several small scenes cut across the computer screen, vertically and horizontally in film format, of the host, Dwayne Carter, interacting with professional wrestlers at sporadic events, conventions and on stage in his interview setting. As the music played slowly subsides in beat and tempo, finally fading away completely into the background, the screen shifts to the WWW Studio stage where two chairs are the main prominent feature atop a small, circular stage. Around the background are framed photographs of professional wrestlers from decades past, and recent ones of the stars of the game still working prominently across the globe. Those photos fade against the screen, only to be replaced by the backdrop banner for SCW’s biggest event of the year; High Stakes XI.

In the first chair on the left of the screen, was Dwayne Carter, host of the program. He was a man in his mid-forties. Clean-shaven and dressed in a business-like suit and tie, he sported a pair of glasses perched on the bridge of his nose and held a small clipboard on his lap.

In the remaining chair to his right was an imposing figure in the format of Tempest. She was not dressed in business style such as our host, nor even something that could be described as casual dressy. As was her normal custom, Tempest was not dressed to impress, nor would she get all “gussied up” for something as ridiculous as this. She wore her street clothes of a denim jacket over a pine green tank top, simple jeans and tanned boots. But the real piece that drew the eyes was the gold and jewel encrusted championship belt that she wore around her waist; her half of the World Mixed Tag Team Championships.

The final notes of the music vanish and Dwayne leans forward in his chair and speaks into the camera;

Dwayne: Hello everyone, and I want to welcome you to another edition of 'World Web Wrestling' the premiere online source of entertainment for your professional wrestling needs! My special guest this week has been making waves ever since she first set foot in Sin City Wrestling. If she wasn’t attacking random Bombshells to make people sit up and take notice, she was overwhelming her opposition inside of the ring. Her feud with Bobbie Dahl was both unique and thrilling and showcased both women at their absolute best! And now, she is a champion. The most recent graduate of the famed Go Gym, Tempest? Welcome to the show!

Tempest: Thanks, I suppose.

Dwayne: Now from watching Climax Control every week as a real fan of the sport should, I know that being interviewed isn’t one of your favorite things to do. So tell me and everyone out there watching this broadcast; why did you choose to grant this interview?

Dwayne turned to the camera to give it his best charming smile, not seeing his guest turn her head and look at him like he was absolutely insane.

Tempest: I wasn’t asked. I wasn’t given a choice in the matter. I was TOLD to be here.

The smile on Dwayne’s face faltered, but he recovered quickly and he chuckled.

Dwayne: Well, I’m glad for that because you’ve taken the Bombshell division by storm since your debut. Your feud with Bobbie Dahl was certainly one of the more exciting and was even nominated for Feud of the Year. Since you and Austin are currently the cornerstone of the mixed tag Team division as champions, I was wondering what your thoughts were on the state of the division itself?

Tempest shrugged and gave her head a slight shake.

Tempest: Non-existent would probably be the nicest way to describe it. I mean, seriously. The last time there was a tag Team, an actual tag Team and not one the bosses just threw together randomly, it was the Black Sheep. And even they went down the drain when Kris left at the time. London Underground? You never really hear anything from them.  Team Eggplant (seriously? That was their name?)? I was hoping After Malachi made an appearance that it would be a thing but I can’t exactly be surprised that he decided not to.

Dwayne: How do you mean?

Tempest: Because the guy has serious potential on his own, and even more so with his wife.

Dwayne: Bella Madison.

Tempest: I know that! But he doesn’t want to risk sliding any further down the slope into obscurity and that’s pretty much what happens to any Team they put together to face Mercer and myself.

Dwayne: Now speaking of teams put together, it must be thrilling to have a combination like Goth and Mercedes Vargas accept your open challenge.

Tempest: I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to this one. Lately it seemed as if the tag Team division had been reduced to a novelty act for Supercards only. Hopefully this is a sign that things are going to be picking up.

Dwayne: And this week, to prepare for that title defense, you actually are stepping inside of the ring with the female half of the challengers; Mercedes Vargas. Like Goth, Mercedes is a Grand Slam Champion and about to become a two-time Hall of Fame inductee. That makes this probably one of your tougher challenges to date.

Tempest shrugged her indifference.

Tempest: Okay? It doesn’t mean the end result will be any different. I don’t care what kind of match this ridiculous event puts us in. Halloween? Ugh! It’s a child’s holiday! Or for people who think like one. I’m neither. Mercedes has earned each and every single accolade on her resume, and I am legit excited about stepping into the ring with someone of her credentials.

Dwayne: Well, there was always Crystal Zdunich?

Tempest: Like I said, it’s exiting to be inside of the ring with someone with Mercedes’s credentials!

Dwayne chuckled and shuffled the papers he held in hand.

Dwayne: Fair enough. If I might ask, if the mixed tag Team division were more - alive, what teams of the past would you like to face?

Tempest tilted back her head and her eyes cast upward as she gave this some thought. When she had first won the titles alongside of Austin, Odette had sat her down and made her watch a virtual marathon of matches from the mixed tag division’s past. Some of the best, and some of the most unlikely.

Tempest: First and foremost, London Underground is right at the top of that list. Not just to see Mercer step into the ring with someone the size of Osbourne or a leader like Daniel Morgan, but for me to get the chance to fight a pair of bad ass women like Charlotte or Mackenzie? Now THAT would be a real Christmas present!

Dwayne: Anyone else?

Tempest: Like I said, Team Eggplant and the original Black Sheep. But I would also have to say Vargas, who I am getting to wrestle, and her partner at the time. Kain. Now that was a bad ass combination and it was no small wonder how and why they won the championships!

Dwayne: Now that we got past the established teams, if you could put together a mixed tag Team from anyone in SCW, past or present, who would it be?

Tempest frowned and shook her head.

Tempest: I-don’t really know, or care, but if I had to say? Griffin Hawkins and Amy Santino. Just the whole rocker and heavy metal schtick the two have. I bet it would transfer over to an actual credible Team.

Dwayne: Now that things have been settled between you and the current Roulette Champion, Krystal Wolfe, do you see the two of you…?

Tempest, however, turned to face him with a raised brow and confused expression on her face. She held up a hand to stall whatever else was going to escape from his mouth, shaking her head in the process.

Tempest: I’m sorry, what? Excuse me? Who ever said that things were ever settled between Krystal and myself?

Dwayne: Well, Krystal pretty much did.

Tempest: Well then Krystal is pretty much full of shit because the last time I had anything to do with her was when she got involved at the end of my match with Bella, when she pulled her out of the ring! I haven’t talked to her at the gym, or backstage so I don’t know where she’s getting this in her head where everything between us has been settled. But why should I be surprised? Seems like every time I turn around, that girl is going on about one thing or another, trying to put a spin on things to put herself in a better light where everyone else is concerned! And that is the difference between herself and me; she cares what people think. I do not!

Dwayne: So the things we’ve heard rumors about, like saying that you were reprimanded by the Stevens for your actions in that match with Bella? Mainly for shoving the official?

Tempest: Oh bullshit! I don’t know where THAT one came from but it's a crock! WHY the hell would Gabriel or Odette get involved and reem me a new one over something like what I did to Bella or that official!? Does the name Evie Jordan ring a bell? After some of the things that she’s done, you think they’re going to care? Maybe if Krystal had paid any attention, I mean at all, she would have known I had a talk with Gabriel about what started everything between Wolfe and myself and it wasn’t me that he was upset with! It was her! Bottom line? Krystal is a champion and has proven herself time and again in the ring, but she’s about as honest as the illegitimate love child of a lawyer and a politician!

Dwayne turned away from her briefly to mouth the word “Wow!” silently before resuming the broadcast.

Dwayne: Does this mean what she said about your indifference towards what happened to Ariana this past week wasn’t true?

Tempest: Bitch, I didn’t even know what happened to Ariana until it was too late! But if I had been there? I would have chucked that bony ass of Kwan’s through the wall and as a treat, I would have done the same to that Chalmers idiot that comes to the ring with her! I may not be the most likeable woman on the roster, but where I’m from there is something to be said for loyalty! Krystal wouldn’t know about that.

Dwayne: That being said, we are starting to run a little low on time. So long as I have you here, I’d like to ask you about the relationship that seems to be brewing between Austin James Mercer and yourself. I was curious if you might indulge the SCW Universe and tell us how that is going? Are things getting serious between the two of you?

Tempest: Excuse me…

She closed her eyes and shook her head as if she wasn’t quite comprehending the words that were escaping from this fool’s mouth.

Tempest: What are you even talking about? What relationship? We’re tag Team partners. Maybe even friends, I don’t know. But that is IT!

Dwayne: Oh come on now, Tempest. You can talk to us, you know. There’s no judging here. The antics between the two of you at on the Summer XXXTreme XII cruise? Paparazzi even snapped a shot or two of the two of you at the movies together.

Tempest: So!? He’s a married man!

Dwayne: These things HAVE happened on the road, you know. There’s nothing to be ashamed of. I mean, take a cue from your gym mate, Fenris. Ty West? David Shepherd? Kris Ryans - well, not Kris Ryans. That one went beyond the scope of privacy, am I right…?

But Tempest stood quickly an the armrest of the chair she had been seated on came up along with her, heaving been shorn off in her vice-like grip as she stood over Dwayne who now, for perhaps the first time, realized he may have just gone too far.

Tempest: I am going to leave now before I do something that you’ll regret! Gabriel warned me about you and these personal questions of yours. You owe him a fruit basket because otherwise, I’d take you by the head and twist it until it popped right off that scrawny neck of yours! How would THAT be for your ratings!

She turned and stormed off the set, leaving Dwayne to stare into the camera and swallow hard as he tuned and watched her take her leave.

Tempest: You know there is one simple truth that I have come to realize and to understand in my relatively short time here in SCW. And that is the simple fact that the word “legend” is used far too liberally. These days, anyone who is booked in more than one main event, or participates in a feud that draws some attention from the fans. Or even jumps through the hurdles and actually wins a championship, thinks of themselves as a legend, or at the very least, one in the making. But to be a legend, I mean a bona fide true legend in this business, that is a far rarer instance. And lucky me, one of the few actual legends in this business is the very same that I am not just getting ready to step into the ring with in Madison Square Garden to defend the mixed tag Team titles in two weeks, but the world is getting a sneak peek behind the iron curtain in a matter of days when I get to face Mercedes Vargas herself!

Tempest nodded, her eyes glued to the camera and an almost imperceptive trace of manic glee could be read in this dark eyes of hers.

Tempest: I’m not one to toss about compliments idly if at all, but this chick is the real deal in every way imaginable! It would be almost too difficult to name the credentials that made her, but I’ll make the effort because I was taught ages ago to know exactly who you’re facing and learn everything there is to know about who they are, and what they’re capable of!

She counted off of her fingers.

Tempest: 2018 and soon to be 2021 Hall of Fame inductee. Two-time World Champion. Three-time World Tag Team Champion! Two-time Mixed Tag Team Champion! FOUR-time Roulette Champion! Internet Champion! The first to ever win five different SCW championships! Do you understand now? Do you see where I am going with this? Mercedes has distinctions like no other! Not even names like Roxi Johnson or (scoffs) Crystal Zdunich hold as much weight behind them as Mercedes. And that is who in just over two weeks I get to defend the Mixed Tag titles against! That is who I get to step into the ring, one on one, woman to woman, in just days! An icon. An honest to god legend. And that prospect excites me in more ways than I have words to describe! Now I know what it meant to Austin and what it had to have felt like to step foot inside of the ring with a man like J2H. Now, it’s my turn!

She poked a finger into her own sternum, then shook her head.

Tempest: And this goes beyond what was probably the biggest defense at the time, just six weeks ago when we were up against J2H and Crystal. Some people might say we should feel the same way about this Hall of Fame match as we did against those two, but trust me when I tell you deep down, in here…

She tapped her temple.

Tempest: And in here…

She tapped over her heart.

Tempest: There is a world of difference! All due respect to J2H, had he any other partner at the time, I probably would have felt the same way then as I do now, but he didn’t, and I don’t. Our win and his Team’s loss had everything to do with Austin and myself, and nothing to do with him. It was just like he said, he should have had a better partner. But against Vargas and Goth? There are few times where I would use the term “dream match,” but this would be as close as I could come. And the chance to face Mercedes, not once but twice? Girl, it feels like Christmas and a trip to Disney World all rolled into one!”

“This is a match I can get behind. Thus is a challenge that, for once, I am going to enjoy. Outside of the women from the GO Gym, Mercedes Vargas is one name that has earned my respect just for her accomplishments alone. Now the fun begins, because it is time to step inside of the ring against this legend, and see just how she stands against the storm! Because all the respect in the world isn’t going to help save you from the path of this Tempest!”

”If it’s danger you seek, come on over. I covet tranquility but beget the tempest storm.”
Donna Lynn Hope