Author Topic: Hot Stuff Mark Ward Vs Nicolas L. Blair  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Hot Stuff Mark Ward Vs Nicolas L. Blair
« on: March 16, 2014, 10:25:15 PM »
 Post your roleplays here! Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 07:50:13 AM »
 The first RP Period has passed. Everything posted after this counts toward the second RP Period.

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Mark Ward

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 10:04:23 AM »
 A wooden oak door is seen from the outside, with a name plate, black letters on a gold rectangular plate, shines at the camera. The name Dr. S. Burns is the name printed on to the golden setting. The camera moves inside the room, and slowly moves around to show a book shelf, heavy with leather covered books, some looking much older than others. Two potted fern plants stand either side of a solid looking, wooden desk, upon which lies papers, a computer, a photo of a woman and a young boy. On the wall, certificates hang, with medical logos on them. To the other side of the room, sits a lone black leather chair along with a brown leather sofa. A tap can be heard running at the side of the room, off camera. The water suddenly stops running and a few seconds later, a man, in his early fifties, appears on screen. The man has graying hair along the side of his head, neatly combed behind his ear. On top of his head, a receding hairline shows a bald patch, covered by a sweeping comb over of his hair. Gold rimmed glasses covers his eyes, wrinkles set deep in his forehead. Covering his body, grey suit pants and a white buttoned up shirt. A knock on his door is heard, three gentle taps of knuckles against the solid oak door. The man walks towards the door, pulling down the handle and opening it to see "Hot Stuff" Mark Ward. The man jolts his head back in surprise.

HS: Dr Burns.

Hot Stuff is wearing light blue jeans, white trainers upon his feet, and a T-shirt with the SCW logo upon it.

Dr Burns: Mark! I didn't expect to see you today.

Dr Burns voice is soft and slightly croaky as he looks at Hot Stuff. Hot Stuff walks in to the room, slowly pacing up and down.

Dr Burns: What are you doing here today, Mark?

HS: Problems Doc, whole host of problems.

Dr Burns points to inside of the office and Hot Stuff walks in. Dr Burns shuts the door behind them and Hot Stuff turns to face him.

Dr Burns: If you wanted another psych evaluation on one of your superstars, you could have called in the usual manner and we could have arranged it that way. You didn't have to pull yourself all the way down here for that.

Hot Stuff breathes deeply, his brow lowered as he massages his fore finger and thumb on his right hand, over his temples.

HS: It is, and it isn't Doc.

Dr Burns: Would you care to explain Mark.

Hot Stuff sighs deeply, clearly uncomfortable with what is about to leave his lips.

HS: It's... well, it's me Doc.

Hot Stuff straightens his body up right and looks at the surprised doctor.

Dr Burns: You?

Hot Stuff slowly nods, his eyes looking away from Dr Burns

HS: Yes Doc, me. I'm the one I think is cracking up this time, I'm the one that's losing my marbles.

Dr Burns points to the brown leather couch, just a few feet away from him. Hot Stuff wearily looks at it but moves towards it, sitting on it. Dr Burns walks to his desk, picking up a pen and notepad, before moving towards the chair. He sits in the leather seat nearby and looks at Hot Stuff.

Dr Burns: Tell me Mark, why do you think you need to be here today.

HS: It's like this Doc. Something's been happening lately, something I never expected. It started about six weeks ago. It felt like something dark and sinister was gathering, like someone had opened the gates of hell and there was a presence that I haven't felt in a long time.

Dr Burns: Like you were being haunted?

Hot Stuff turns his body, putting his feet up on the sofa, and covering his eyes with his right hand.

HS: Yeah, haunted, very, very haunted. Like something was on my back and then it happened.

Dr Burns moves forward in his chair, looking at Hot Stuff through his gold rimmed glasses

Dr Burns: What happened?

HS: He appeared.

The doctor leans back in his chair, looking more and more curious.

Dr Burns: Who is he?

Hot Stuff runs his fingers through his hair, turning away from the doctor for just a few seconds. He looks back, and talks almost in a whispering voice.

HS: The...

He closes his eyes, breathing deeper.

HS: The devil.

The doctor writes something down on his notepad, before looking up at Hot Stuff. He puts his head down again, writing more words over the lined white paper.

Dr Burns: The devil?

The doctors questioning tone forces Hot Stuff to sit up and look.

HS: What? Didn't you hear me right? I said the devil, Satan, Lucifer, El Diablo, that guy.

The doctor starts to write again, but looks up quickly.

Dr Burns: What did this devil look like?

HS: He wore a suit and smoked cigarettes.

The doctor straightens up in his leather seat, looking at Hot Stuff. He leans the notepad on to his knees and smooths the hair on the right hand side of his head, down flat. He tilts his head.

Dr Burns: That doesn't sound very Satanic.

HS: The devil comes in all forms Doctor. He turned up on the second of February. He stood high above me in the rafters looking down. I heard the words "Be sober-minded. Be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Mark Ward. I believe I have found my prey".

Hot Stuff puts his hands on the side of his head, almost covering his ears.

HS: I heard those words Doc, I heard him say those words, and they have been etched in my mind and burned in to my soul ever since. They've consumed my mind, they've consumed my heart, the heart of a warrior, that I have beating inside me. There's only one man capable of such a thing, one man that can pull off such a stunt, the man known as Lucifer.

Hot Stuff moves his hands away and continues to look at the doctor.

HS: He is here and he walks amongst us. I have to do what I failed to do before.

The doctor picks up his notepad and places the pen on top, but stops.

Dr Burns: So you know this man?

Hot Stuff puts up a single finger.

HS: I know this devil. I have encountered him before. I know what he is capable of, I know what he has done in the past to me.

Dr Burns: Would you care to elaborate?

Hot Stuff puts his hands together and quickly runs them up through his hair.

HS: He tried...

Hot Stuff bites his lower lip.

HS: He tried...

Again, another slight pause from Hot Stuff.

Dr Burns: Please, go on.

HS: He tried to make me kill him.

An awkward silence fills the room. Dr Burns places the notepad on his lap, putting the pen on top. He stares at Hot Stuff, bemused by the words he just heard coming from his mouth.

Dr Burns: Would you repeat that?

HS: He messed with my head, he put things in my head, trying to make me kill him, trying to make me take his life. It wasn't me Doc, it was him. He implanted thoughts and images in to my brain, he made it seem like I would be doing the world the biggest service ever. He put those thoughts in to my head and made me want to end him.

Dr Burns puts his hand on his chin, looking deeply at Hot Stuff while leaning forward.

Dr Burns: Then what happened?

HS: I didn't get the job done, I caught myself before I could go through with it and he laughed, he mocked me for not doing it. He mocked me for not being able to finish him off. He knew in his death, would make my life hell, he was willing to go that far, to make my eternity a misery, including sacrificing his own life at my very hands. He knew that by me ending him, that my life will end at the very same time.

The doctor leans on his hand, taken in by the story.

Dr Burns: And then he went?

HS: He vanished in to thin air. I know that when I defeated him, it threw Lucifer back in to his cage. You see he didn't think that I could do things a different way, that I could end him without ending his life, but I did, well I thought I did anyway.

Hot Stuff puts his hands in his hair, both hands pulling on his dark hair.

Dr Burns: So why is he back?

HS: Because someone opened that cage door, someone took the padlock off the cage and welcomed him back in this world. Someone went out to look for him, spent serious amounts of time to find him and pull him out from the darkness and in to the world we live in.

Dr Burns: With this man's dangerous tendencies, why would someone do this?

HS: Because I am done with wrestling in the physical sense, I don't need it, I have nothing to prove, so I guess he gave me something to prove by bringing out the only man who could haunt me in this way, he brought out the one man who could play with my head. I have no regrets about the devil from the past, I did what I had to do to make sure his existence and presence was no longer around, I did that because I could. It should have stayed buried, he should have stayed buried. There was no need for this man to ever walk the earth. I got rid of him once and that was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life and now I have to do it all over again.

Dr Burns lifts the notepad once more, writing something else down.

Dr Burns: Do you doubt you can repeat the same feat once more?

Hot Stuff lays back down, putting his head on the pillow at the end of the sofa. He lets out a sigh.

HS: Deep down, I know I can do it, but that nagging question keeps playing on my mind.

Dr Burns: Which is?

HS: Why should I have to? What was so wrong with leaving the man who can destroy the world, locked away?

Dr Burns: But can he?

HS: Can he what?

Dr Burns: Destroy the world?

HS: He can do what the hell he likes Doc. Look at this.

Hot Stuff rolls his arm over, showing a band-aid on the underside of his arm.

HS: Under that doc, is a hole in my arm. It got there because he made me stab myself with a pen to sign a contract I had already signed! My name was on the damn thing, and he looked in my eyes and made me do it. I didn't have to do it, but he has more power than you could ever imagine and he made me do this! He made me take a sharp object and rip through my flesh.

Hot Stuff covers the wound.

Dr Burns: Has he made any indication on why he wants to do this to you and you alone?

HS: Because he doesn't want me retiring. He knows if he defeats me, I will struggle to over come it, I will have to look in the mirror every single day of my life knowing that he has got the better of me, and that he has won. I don't get any second chances in this, I have the one shot to end him once more. There is no rematch if I lose, there will be no pride in myself if I lose, there will be a hole, emptiness I will never be able to fill up in my life. There will be an abyss that will never goes away. He couldn't get me with a life full of regret if I killed him, but he knows I will have a life full of regret if I can't no defeat him and put him in the past again.

The doctor leans back in his chair, pushing his glasses closer to his eyes.

Dr Burns: Have you asked for answers on his resuming interest in you?

HS: I told him I wanted answers, I told him I wanted him to explain himself.

Dr Burns: And did he?

HS: He made a little showing in the ring. He stood there, trying to get people to remember who he was ten years ago. Ten years ago, man, seems like yesterday, but he spoke to them all in the crowd, trying to get them to remember just who he is. He reminded me that he left me a broken man back then, regardless of the end game, he told anyone who would listen the damage he did on me, physically, mentally and spiritually, he reminded them all of his dark streak. He told them I beat the devil out of him, but he knew exactly what he had done to me, he knew exactly the torment he put me through Doc. He knew that though the devil was gone, he was still right here, lying in wait to strike again.

Hot Stuff points a finger to his forehead.

HS: He told me I didn't deserve retirement, because I didn't get the job done, but while he was gone, I spent years after putting myself back together, and doing all I can to better who I am. He sat in hell, I was still up at working, but I don't deserve it Doc?

Dr Burns: Everyone deserves a chance to rest. It's a God given right.

HS: What does the devil care about God? The devil became the devil because of God. Lucifer was reborn, because of God. He wants to see me die in the ring, he wants to see me suffer in the ring for all eternity, he wants to make the ring my own personal hell. He doesn't want me to live my life like he has for ten long years, he doesn't want me to step out of the light, he wants me in the darkness for all of eternity. That ring at Blaze Of Glory III is just like his cage, he wants me there and he'll stop at nothing to keep me there, like I did with him. The devil's pleasure, is watching me burn, watching my body get beat on by people twenty years younger than me, watch bruise after bruise appear on my skin, watching the blood flow from my open wounds, for his own personal pleasure. I can't let that happen.

The doctor runs a finger across his own chin.

Dr Burns: You're showing signs of obsession.

HS: Of course I'm obsessed. This "man"

Hot Stuff air quotes the word man.

HS: He mentally broke me ten years ago, he took my brain in his very own claws and dug them deep in to me. It took me years to mentally recover from those scars that no one else could see and just when all scars were healed, he returns once more to reopen them. Obsessed? Yeah, you could say that because like ten years ago, I am now obsessed with ending him. I have no choice but to be obsessed Doc, no choice at all. I didn't back then and I don't now. I have to do this all over again. The last show made it worse, this is how I ended up here, because he's breaking me again, and I can't let him.

The doctor looks on curiously.

Dr Burns: What did he do?

HS: He filled my office with smoke, put the images of evil little girls in my head, spoke to me when he wasn't around. Taunted me and mocked me in the ring in front of everyone. He wants to drag me to hell with him. He looked in my eyes and made it clear that he is never leaving my mind once more. When I think he's gone, he will still be there, he will never be gone. He will always be waiting for me. I can't let him get away with this stuff.

Dr Burns: Running a company, and dealing with as many people as you do, is enough to put stress on a person.

Hot Stuff holds up a hand, causing the doctor to stop talking in mid sentence.

HS: This is not stress Doc, it's not, I can deal with stress, it's him! It's him!

Hot Stuff starts to breath heavier.

Dr Burns: Relax Mark.

HS: I can't relax doc, I can't relax until once more, I put the end to this. I can't relax until once again, I have to send him back to hell, then grab on to the rocks before I fall in with him. I need to do this for myself Doc. I can't let anyone I know get involved, I need to do this.

Hot Stuff sits up, spinning his feet around to look at the doctor, his hands pressed together.

HS: I need to go back and do what I couldn't do before. I need to stop this man from ever rising and haunting me again. I need to stop this man from terrorizing others. If I don't, he will always be there waiting to make someone's life hell, like he's doing with me. I need to stop him from ever being able to haunt me or anyone else again.

Hot Stuff puts his hands on the back of his head, looking deep in to the doctors eyes.

Dr Burns: If you truly believe this man is the devil.

Again, Hot Stuff holds his hand up, stopping the doctor in his tracks.

HS: Haven't you been listening to a work I've said? I don't believe he is the devil, I know he is the devil. I know he is Doc, there's not a doubt in my mind about that, there hasn't been for ten whole years. The devil does indeed walk amongst us.

Dr Burns: Maybe you need spiritual guidance.

HS: I need to find someone who has a clue on how to put the devil down for good. I was coerced in to trying to kill him once, I found a better way, but he's not stupid, I can't do it again, not the same way as before. He's gonna be wise to that. He's going to know I would consider doing it the same way again, so I need something else. Not a quick fix, I need a permanent fix to end this once and for all. Everything I did before, I need to do differently. Every move I made in that ring ten years ago, I need to change, because he's gonna be expecting it. Everything needs to change but the results need to stay the same. I need to trick the devil himself in to thinking he knows me, then show him he does not know me at all. That's it!

Hot Stuff stands up, looking at the doctor.

HS: That's how I'm going to do it Doc! I'm gonna make him think he knows me and then destroy him.

Hot Stuff walks towards Dr Burns, patting him on the shoulder.

Dr Burns: I don't think we're really finished here, Mark.

HS: But I feel like this is a weight off my mind and now I'm gonna do something I haven't done right in the last couple of months.

Dr Burns: What's that?

Hot Stuff moves towards the office door. He puts his hand on the polished gold handle before turning back to the doctor, still sitting in the leather chair.

HS: I'm gonna to sleep. Then I'm gonna get up and work on how to banish Nicolas L. Blair from this world once more!

Hot Stuff opens the door, walking out of the office and slowly closing the door behind him. The doctors eyes widen as the door slams shut.

Dr Burns: Did he say Nicolas L. Blair? Oh damn!

The doctor runs his hand over his wrinkled forehead as the camera fades out.

Beautiful sunshine breaks through the window of the apartment owned by Hot Stuff Mark Ward, in Las Vegas, Nevada. He lies in the bedroom of the apartment, the sun peeking through the white curtains, as the slightly open window allows a cool breeze to enter the room, pushing the curtains around. Hot Stuff rolls over in bed, pushing the matching white bed covers down with his hand, slowly opening his eyes. He exhales deeply, as he rolls his muscular shoulders back, stretching out his muscle. Clearing his throat, he talks to himself.  

HS: Best night's sleep I've had in months.

Hot Stuff rolls the covers forward a little more, putting both feet on to the ground. The floorboard creaks below his foot, as he puts more weight on it. Standing up, he stretches at full length, before walking around the bed. He walks through a door in the corner of the room, turning the handle and walking in. He shuts the door behind him and water can instantly be heard running. A few seconds later, the sound of the toilet flushing can be heard, followed by more running water.  

HS: This is gonna be a good day.

His voice is heard from behind the door, shortly followed by the brushing of teeth. A quick spit later, and the running water stops. The sound of the door handle turning can be heard and it opens up. Hot Stuff walks out of the door and across the room, opening another door and stepping in. A few minutes later, he strolls out of the room, dressed in a pair of black shorts, and a white polo shirt. He turns to look at himself in a nearby, full length mirror, admiring himself.

HS: It'll do for now.

Hot Stuff walks to the bedroom door, opening it and walking through. He makes his way along the hallway and to the top of the stairwell. He walks down the steps, a spring in his step and gets to the bottom. The sound of siling can be heard in the background as he turns the corner and in to a kitchen, where he sees long time girlfriend and current member of The Mean Girls, Angelica standing in front of a stove.

HS: Angie? What are you doing here?

Angelica has her hair tied back, an unusual look for her, and wearing a bright yellow apron.

HS: And why are you wearing that.

Hot Stuff points his hand up and down, indicating the apron that Angelica is wearing.

Angelica: I thought I'd make you breakfast today.

Hot Stuff scratches the side of his head.

HS: Usually, you're up and out before me, running around with those other chicks, and you've never made breakfast, like ever.

Angelica: Well I thought I would today. Sit down, I've already made your coffee.

Angelica points to the table, where a cup of steaming coffee is seen. Hot Stuff looks at the cup, and back at a smiling Angelica.

HS: I think I'll go sit outside with this, it looks like a nice day.

Angelica: Ok sweetie, but don't be too long.

Hot Stuff blinks rapidly, picking up the cup of coffee from the table, turning his back and walking out of the same door he just walked in. He moves through the hall and in to what seems to be a living area, before moving towards a balcony door in the corner of the room. He opens the door with his free hand, stepping outside on to the red tiled floor. He places the cup down on a white plastic table, and pulls out a matching seat. He sits down, looking out at the beautiful greenery below him, his eyes on a gardener, planting bright colored flowers in to the dark soil. He slowly shakes his head and speaks to himself.

HS: Something isn't right here. Angie's very rarely here when I get up, wouldn't lower herself to touch a frying pan when she can get someone else to do it, and as for coffee, I don't think she knows what coffee is unless it's from Starbucks.

Hot Stuff leans back in the chair.

HS: Something just feels odd. She's never this perky. I left a pile of clothes on the floor when I got to bed. Hell, was she even here when I got to bed? Did she come in after me, pick up all that stuff and stay here?

Hot Stuff wraps his hand around the coffee cup, lifting it towards his mouth and takes a sip from it.

HS: That's actually pretty good. Now I know something isn't right. Did the last few weeks finally catch up with me and this is a coma or something?

Hot Stuff pinches his arm.

HS: I can feel that so it can't be a coma, it can't be a dream.

The gardener looks up from below, lifting a hand to wave at Hot Stuff. Hot Stuff raises a hand back, slowly and very unsure looking. Angelica bounces out behind him, also a spring in her step. She holds out sunglasses in front of him.

Angelica: It looked a bit bright out here, so thought I would bring you these.

HS: Ummmm, thanks.

Angelica: You're welcome, now don't be long.

Angelica kisses Hot Stuff on the cheek, placing the sunglasses on the table, before moving back inside the apartment. Hot Stuff raises his eyebrows as he turns his head, his eyes following Angelica back through the living room. Hot Stuff picks up the sunglasses and unfolds the arms, moving them towards his eyes. He places the glasses on his face and continues to talk to himself.

HS: Sweetie, cheek kisses, home made coffee, breakfast, bringing out sunglasses, nope, this isn't right.

Hot Stuff stands up, leaving the coffee on the table and walks through the balcony door and in to the living area. He looks around the room, spying a pair of white training shoes and heads towards them. He leans down, pulling the right shoe on first, softly pushing it down, and lifts his left foot, sliding his shoe on to his foot. He moves towards the door, and out again in to the hallway, reaching his hand on to a nearby table and picking up a set of car keys and a cell phone. He slides the phone in to his pocket and walks past the kitchen door, calling out to Angelica as he goes.

HS: Gotta go, thanks for being here, though, breakfast smelt great, ok, ummmm, bye!

Hot Stuff opens the front door, walking out of the apartment and not look back. He walks towards a stairwell and bounds down them as a face pace. He stops at the bottom as the phone in his pocket starts to shake. He pulls it out of his pocket and looks at it, reading the message on the screen out loud.

HS: Party, right now, lots of naked chicks, my place, be here! ~ B

Hot Stuff blinks rapidly again.

HS: It's ten in the morning! Damn!

Hot Stuff pushes the door at the bottom of the stairs open and in to a small, private parking garage. He walks towards a red car, and presses a button on the keys, lighting up the lights and unlocking the doors.

HS: Something still don't feel right.

Hot Stuff opens the car door and sliding inside.

THIRTY MINUTES LATER.

Hot Stuff walks the stairs in SCW Headquarters. He pushes open the door with the logo of Sin City Wrestling on in and walks in.

HS: Peace and quiet, no one in the office today.

Hot Stuff pushes the door of the conference room, expecting to see no one, but Christian Underwood and Erik Staggs wait there.

Christian: Oh good, you got my message.

Hot Stuff looks at Christian, then at Erik.

HS: I didn't get any messages from anyone. Today's been the weirdest day so far, people I don't know waving at me, invited to parties going on right now, Angelica at home at this time of the day cooking me breakfast and me now turning up in to what I thought was gonna be an empty office, but here you two are sitting here. What the hell is going on?

Christian: Well we wanted to talk to you about giving you SCW.

Hot Stuff jolts his head back in utter shock and surprise.

HS: What?

Erik: Well you'll be out of the ring soon, Christian and I could do with a break, so we want you to run the company.

Christian: One hundred percent of everything will go to you until we return.

HS: You two want to give up all the money that SCW brings in, and just give it all to me, to lead the company, the way I choose?

Erik: Yes.

HS: Ok, this is not real. I'm in a dream, aren't I, Blair?

Christian: Blair? There's only Erik and I here.

HS: CUT THE BULLSHIT BLAIR! I KNOW IT'S YOU!

Christian, Erik and the entire office melts in to the ground, leaving nothing but a darkness, only Hot Stuff can be seen in that area. Just a voice can be heard in the darkness.

Voice: It took you longer to work out then I thought. Maybe I gave you too much credit.

Hot Stuff's eyes peer around the darkness.

HS: So you have me trapped in a dream. Real good, Blair.

Voice: Actually no, Mark, this is not Nicolas L Blair catching you in a dream, this is you catching yourself in a dream.
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.

Offline Mark Ward

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 10:05:46 AM »
  Hot Stuff's jaw tightens as he speaks through gritted teeth.

HS: Bullshit.

Voice: It really is. When you sleep, your dreams and insecurities mesh in to one. What your so called brilliant mind just showed you, was what you could have, should you defeat Nicolas L Blair. Running the whole of SCW like some lazy CEO, from some boat, barking orders at people on Skype instead of being there. With Christian and Erik around, you could never do that. With the hours you spend in the gym no longer needed, because let's face it, you can let yourself go a little when you're done with the ring, you could be at home, making that sweet little life with Angelica. I mean you've been together over ten years or so, right?

Hot Stuff slowly lifts his head up and down.

HS: You would know if you're my own mind.

Voice: And you never put a ring on it. All you two do is go around sleeping with other women.

HS: Hey! You're my mind, you know the deal me and Angie has. We're both allowed to bring home other women. Nothing wrong with that.

Voice: Well you could both have the sweet life if you retired, you'd be sitting there making her see that she don't need other women and neither did you, and she would still let you party with your friends at ten in the morning with strippers. This is what you could have, but Mark, what you can have, and what you will have, are two different thing, should you lose.

HS: I'M NOT GONNA LOSE!

Voice: You are Mark, you're gonna lose it all, you're gonna lose everything. You're going to be a fat, sagging, balding guy, still trying to be Hot Stuff in the ring, at the age of sixty. You're gonna be too determined to sit there and prove yourself, that you will no longer care about Sin City Wrestling. Your power will diminish when Christian and Erik see that you can no longer pull in the money like you do. Christian will no longer be able to push through his plans, because Erik will no longer have the money at his disposal to search for the best the wrestling world will have to offer.

HS: Never gonna happen.

Voice: Your friends will stop calling and texting you, they will be ashamed to even be associated with you Mark. No one will answer your calls, you'll turn up at parties and people will rolls their eyes, people will want nothing to do with you.

HS: No!

Voice: People will stay away from you and as for Angelica. She won't associate herself with the likes of you. Why would she when she could have anyone she wanted?

HS: NO!

Voice: This is what will happen if Nicolas L Blair defeats you, Mark. This is what will happen if he beats you. He takes away your future with one swoop, he pulls everything you've worked for, away from you. Your life will not be worth living, your career will go on, you will outstay your welcome every single place you rear your head. Is this what you really want?

Hot Stuff's face switches to determination, his eyes narrowed.

HS: I will not let this happen.

Voice: You have no choice if he defeats you Mark, you know it as well as I do, because I am you. You can NOT let yourself become this man.

HS: I WILL NOT LET BLAIR DEFEAT ME! I WILL NOT LET HIM DO THIS TO ME! I CONTROL MY LIFE! NOT NICOLAS L. BLAIR!

Voice: Much better. Time to wakey wakey, Mark.

Hot Stuff sits up in a darkened room, the room the same as earlier, but a pile of clothes sits scattered over the bedroom floor. He slowly lays himself back down on the bed, running his fingers across the side of his head.

HS: So much for that good night's sleep.

Hot Stuff pulls his head up slightly, pulling the pillow from under his head and covers his face as the scene fades out.

Hot Stuff Mark Ward walks through the streets of Vegas. A piece of paper rests between his fingers. His eyes dart up, looking at shop fronts.

HS: Where the fuck is this place?

He walks along the road, his eye alternate from looking down at the paper between his fingers and up at the door front. He stops in front of the nearest door and looks up at ragged store front.

HS: This must be it

Hot Stuff scratches his head, walking in to the dingy looking and dimly lit store front, pushing a door of beads to one side as he steps through the stepped door way. He listens to the noise of native chanting in the form of music, echoing around the store. His eyes dart around the row of shelves, lined with jars of various thing. He moves to his left, looking at one of the jars, with an eyeball in, staring back at him in a proverbial sense.

HS: Who buys this stuff?

He mutters to himself as he runs his fingers down the side of the glass jar, his eyes not leaving the entrapped eye. He takes another step along, to see a white powder in a small bottle. Hot Stuff moves his head closer, reading the label stuck to the shelf.

HS: Ground rhino kidney.

A look of utter disgust crosses his face.

HS: Why the fuck would you wanna grind a rhino kidney? I mean what on earth could it possibly be used for?

Hot Stuff moves his finger along the shelf, stopping on another label. He looks up but the jar is seemingly missing, but he reads on of what should have been there.

HS: Dried bat wing.

Hot Stuff moves his head back and away from the shelf.

HS: Ok, I can't see why anyone would need a bat, let alone dry out it's wing and sell it.

A man appears behind a counter not too far from Hot Stuff. African American, with flowing red, gold and green robes, just a few inches off the floor, on his head rests a hat, short and round, matching the colors of the flowing robe. A thick black beard covers his face, but no hair can be seen coming down from the side of the hat. He watches Hot Stuff look along the shelf.

HS: This place isn't normal. I mean look at this stuff.

Hot Stuff puts his hand over the top of a short dish, looking at the green paste underneath the see through lid.

HS: What the hell is this?

The man behind the counter moves along, pressing his hands on the glass below.

Man: That is a paste consisting of fruits from the deepest, darkest jungles, many of which are not know well to man.

Hot Stuff jumps in the air, turning around and looking at the man.

HS: Fuck's sake pal, could have told me you was there, I nearly had a heart attack!

Hot Stuff holds his chest.

HS: But you would have probably had something in here to zap me back to life anyway.

The man politely smiles and Hot Stuff picks up the paste, holding it in front of the man.

HS: So what's this green goo actually do.

The man takes the dish in his hand, looking down at it.

Man: It is believed to have great healing powers, for lacerations, healing powers that speed up the body beyond the realms of normal belief.

HS: Go on then, I'll bite, how?

Man: It was said a man in the Africa jungles was moving through a dense area when he fell, and a tree branch drove itself through his leg, ripping through the skin, and muscle and through the other side. His fellow explorers did not know what to do, they carried him for miles through the rough terrain, until a small village was discovered. By this time, the wounds had become infected, for anyone this would have the unfortunately ability to strike in what we perceive as normal every day life, the man would have lost his leg. But the witch doctor in this village, a man said to be over two hundred years old, made and created this very paste, and rubbed it on the wounds of the man. The wound healed in a matter of hours, no infection, no lasting damage.

A cocky smirk crosses Hot Stuff's face.

HS: And he didn't think to make it by the shit load and bring it to a place like America, where greedy corporations can then bump the prices up to the point no one can afford it?

The man forces a smile on to his face.

Man: Corporate America is very different to the spiritual beliefs of the tribes sir. They have their own ways, their own methods to heal and to live. Many believe life to be a gift from the Gods and should be treated as one.

HS: Where as the rest of the world treat life like it was their right, over a gift, when they probably don't deserve it.

Man: Everyone deserves a chance to live.

HS: But not man take it. If they did, we wouldn't have evil in the world.

The man places the dish down on the counter.

Man: Without evil, we wouldn't have good sir.

HS: Without evil, we wouldn't need good.

The man runs his fingers through the beard hanging from his chin, looking at Hot Stuff in his eyes.

Man: You have a very deep mind sir, but you do not strike me as a man who would visit my shop, looking for an alternative view to life.

Hot Stuff rests his hand flat on the counter, returning the man's glare.

HS: Usually I'm not, but I have a problem. I went the corporate America way, I saw doctors, and holy men, but they couldn't remove the problem. I tried to ignore the problem, and hope it would just go away, but it won't and I am running out of options. I need to shake this before it ruins me.

Man: There is a dark presence to you sir, a spirit that will not let go, it is with you everywhere you go.

Hot Stuff nods in agreement.

Man: It is chained to your soul, I can feel it, but it is not something I've come across before. It's darker, it's angrier, it's holding on to you as if you are the reason for it's life.

HS: It's the devil.

The man tilts his head, his eyes narrowed as he looks at Hot Stuff.

Man: I do not think it can be the devil sir.

Hot Stuff puts his other hand on the counter, leaning his weight on them and looking at the man seriously.

HS: It really is the devil, and I need to find a way to get him away from me. I need to use anything I can, even potions and pills to break his hold over me. He's haunting me.

The man puts his hand on Hot Stuff's shoulder, but quickly pulls it away with a shudder.

Man: That is a deep darkness locked in your soul. He is not possessing you, nor controlling you, but he holds great influence over you and your actions. You doubt normal every day decisions, due to his mere presence. It can be broken, you can break the chains of this man's holds.

Hot Stuff's eyes widen, his seems to brighten up at the thought of being able to finally shake off the controlled feeling.

HS: How? I've been trying to get rid of this rat bastard for weeks and he just won't go!

Man: Come with me sir.

The man points behind him, to where anther beaded door hangs.

HS: Sure like beads and shit here.

Hot Stuff rolls him shoulders back.

HS: Fuck it, tried everything else, might as well give this stuff a go.

Hot Stuff walks behind the counter, and the man uses his hand to hold back the beads, using his other hand to point in to a room. Hot Stuff walks in to the room, where a table is seen in the middle. Three unlit white candles are seen in on the table and one chair is seen behind the table.

Man: Please, sit.

He points to the chair and Hot Stuff cautiously looks around.

Man: I will be back in just a few moments.

The man moves towards a side door in the room, and Hot Stuff cautiously moves towards the chair. He sits down slowly, looking at the table. Hot Stuff slowly shakes his head.

HS: I must be out of my tiny little mind to think this is going to work. I mean seriously, I've gone this far to get him out of my...

Before Hot Stuff can keep speaking to himself, the three candles on the table light up, the wicks bursting in to flames. Hot Stuff looks at the candles in front of him.

HS: Neat trick.

The man appears from the doorway, now wearing a long mask, covering not only his face but the upper half of his body. In one hand, between his fingers in a long chicken looking foot and leg. A small spiral of smoke comes off the foot. In the other hand, a bottle of water. Hot Stuff looks across at the man as he moves towards him.

HS: The fuck!

The man starts to throw the water from the bottle, around Hot Stuff's shoulders.

Man: Evil spirit that clings to this man, GO!

Hot Stuff tilts his head back, looking shocked at the man shouting inches from his face. The man pulls his arm back and throws the water in Hot Stuff's face. Hot Stuff mutters to himself.

HS: Fan-fucking-tastic.

The man puts the bottle down on the table and charges towards Hot Stuff, his hand on Hot Stuff's shoulder and pushing him against the chair. He holds the smoking chicken's foot above Hot Stuff head. He waves it towards Hot Stuff's shoulder and starts to chant.

Man: Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica. Ergo, draco maledicte et omnis legio diabolica. Ut Ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos.

Hot Stuff rolls his eyes at the chant.

HS: Latin? Really? This isn't an episode of Supernatural you know.

The man puts his thumb on Hot Stuff's cheek and uses his middle and forefinger on the other cheek holding his face in place. The man continues to chant in Latin.

Man: Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica. Ergo, draco maledicte et omnis legio diabolica, adjuramus te ... cessa decipere humanas creaturas, eisque æternæ perditionìs venenum propinare. Vade, satana, inventor et magister omnis fallaciæ, hostis humanæ salutis. Humiliare sub potenti manu Dei; contremisce et effuge, invocato a nobis sancto et terribili nomine. Quem inferi tremunt. Ab insidiis diaboli, libera nos, Domine. Ut Ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos.

Hot Stuff's eyes become fixated, a blank stare on his face.

Man: Vade retro satana.

Hot Stuff's face turns to anger as he looks straight ahead.

Man: STEP BACK, SATAN!

The man yells, only to be matched by a throaty scream coming from Hot Stuff's lungs. His head slumps forward in the chair, and the man puts his hand under Hot Stuff's chin, lifting it up. He looks through the mask at Hot Stuff, as Hot Stuff's eyes slowly start to blink. Hot Stuff shakes his head slightly, trying to clear his mind. The man's voice turns much softer.

Man: How do you feel, sir?

Hot Stuff puts his head back in the chair, before opening his eyes fully.

HS: I feel...

Hot Stuff pushes his head forward, straightening his neck muscles and looking serious.

HS: ...free.

A smile crosses Hot Stuff's face, a look more accustomed with the Hot Stuff of old, rather than the panicky haunted man he's become. Hot Stuff looks at the man in the mask, slowly nodding his head as the camera fades out.

Fire flashes on the screen, placing a blurring light across the camera. Orange, yellow and black flames lick the walls, jumping higher and higher. Through the flames, Hot Stuff Mark Ward walks through, looking at the camera.

HS: Is there where you wanted me, Nicolas?

Hot Stuff continues to walk through the flames, turning his head to look at the bright lights around him. Just jeans rest on his lower body, his upper body exposed to the flames.

HS: You wanted me in some kind of hell?

Hot Stuff turns his head around to face the camera.

HS: Here I am.

A look of complete seriousness crosses Hot Stuff's face.

HS: You know, you was right all along Nicolas. I am a sinner, this is where I do belong, I do belong toiling in a place as shit as hell. All along, you was telling me how to defeat you once again, all along you was putting it right in front of my face, hoping I would see it and now I have Nicolas, I have seen it. These eyes are truly open, my mind is finally free because I know how to defeat you again. You've been telling me it since you first opened that cesspit mouth of yours.

A smirk sound passes Hot Stuff's lips as he looks in to the camera.

HS: To beat Nicolas L. Blair, you have to become Nicolas L Blair.

Hot Stuff turns his head, slowly nodding it up and down.

HS: That's what you've been telling me all along, but I was too blind to see, I didn't want to see it, because I did not want to become you Nicolas. I didn't want to stoop so low, to have to become you to defeat you for good, but there's really no other way, is there?

Hot Stuff starts to slowly shake his head.

HS: There is simply no other way to defeat you, unless I become you. Well your wish has been granted and I will become you to end you once more. It got me thinking, what do I have to do, to be Nicolas L Blair? I have to be manipulative, I have to have no limits, I must sink lower than any man has ever sunk to get exactly what he wants, I must blacken my soul and turn off my conscious mind and let my body do as it pleases to get the job done. I must become that snake, that rat, that bottom feeding son of a bitch with no love or mercy in my heart. Well hello Nicolas, I am going to become that person, that manipulative, no limits, low sinking, black souled, no minded son of a bitch.

Hot Stuff looks deep in to the camera, his head tilted slightly to the left.

HS: It must have been fun for you having Christian search out the man who drove me crazy all that time ago. It must have been so much fun sitting there and ripping in to the outta limits of my mind for the last couple of week, digging away through the layers that is the mind of Mark. It might have been the most fun you've had in your entire life. It was like being handed that tempting apple that the snake offered Adam and Eve, just to have a chance to mess with me again. You did what they did Nicolas. You may have been that very same snake but you too could not resist the forbidden fruit from that Garden Of Eden, because that is what I am to you. When the chance was offered, you bit in to that apple and you bit deep, but they were cast away for that, as you will be too.

A smile crosses Hot Stuff's face.

HS: When you jumped at the chance to face me again, it must have been one of the greatest days of your life. When you got offered this once in a lifetime chance, you knew you could come and haunt me once more. You knew the fun would never be matched again, but now Nicolas, I am going to be like you. Your fun stops now, and I will start to rip you apart. I'm not man who has to rip apart the mind like you, I will rip your body to pieces though, I will put you back in the cage against with nothing, but more battle scars. You should have said no to the fruit that was offered, you should have said no to Christian, you should have just stayed where you was.

The flames jump higher around Hot Stuff.

HS: You believe deep in that black heart of yours, that Christian signed my life away the day he found you, you believe that Christian has put me in harms way, but oh no Nicolas, far from it. When Christian found you, when he went searching in the deepest reaches of Hell to drag you out, he was not putting my life on the line, he was indeed putting your life on the line again.

Hot Stuff's voice turns in to a whisper.

HS: See, I figured out if I was to be you, I had to think like you and thinking like you, thinking that Christian signed my death warrant, wouldn't be in my mind if I was being like you, but I am you now, and you are now the prey to this better, more improved Nicolas L Blair. Did it ever enter your mind that I shouldn't be the one pissed at Christian, that you, the man who can manipulate a nun to get stark bollock naked and streak down the Las Vegas strip, should be pissed at him?

Another smile crosses Hot Stuff's lips.

HS: What if, the great Lucifer himself, had been outsmarted by Christian Underwood. Think about it, he had a lot to gain by bringing you back here. He put the toughest opponent he could find in front of me, he bathed in the adulation of finding a man who went off the radar many moons ago, and brought you to his wrestling company billing this as a one night only thing. He looked like the genius that found the devil, and that equals profits for my company.

Hot Stuff covers his mouth in mock shock. He moves his hand away, with a smile on face.

HS: Oh Nicolas, do you think that you might have been the one being played here? Do you think the devil himself got manipulated by Christian Underwood? See the legendary Nicolas L Blair, the man seen less then Bigfoot, return to the ring, in a little company with few fireworks and an Internet show, for one match, just the one, before he disappears again. Can you smell that Nicolas? Can you smell the money that's being made for you being here? The money that goes in Christian and I's pockets?

Hot Stuff holds in a laugh, but tilts his head and smiles.

HS: Did someone con the Devil?

Hot Stuff's face changes to a little more serious.

HS: Didn't think of that, did you Nicolas? Didn't think that maybe, this whole time, you was the pawn in our little game, you was the clueless idiot, while Christian Underwood was pulling the strings in one of the greatest master plans known to man.

Hot Stuff looks down at his topless body.

HS: See, you're not the only one who can plant ideas in peoples heads. You're not the only one who can sit there and leave doubt in peoples minds. Because I've just left you with the same thing. Why did Christian really search for you? Was I in on this thing the whole time? Was unearthing the monster my idea all along? What if I was the one who came up with this plan, just for the money and to beat you one more time? All these things have gotta be running around in that head of yours now Nicolas. All these things have got to be up there now. I could have been ready for this all the way through and you could have been just part of the game. All for the hype and the media coverage in the wrestling world. Did you know this is one of the biggest shows of the year? Was it really coincidence that you're actually here and was talking in to fighting again?

Hot Stuff looks up and quickly shakes his head.

HS: Don't be silly, it's no coincidence that you're here, it's no coincidence that all of a sudden, SCW funds have been secured enough that I just might get my 2015 world tour.

Hot Stuff runs his thumb under his lip.

HS: See now that ladies and gents, is how you think like Nicolas L. Blair. What I have just done, is shown you all what Nicolas L. Blair really is, just a man with more words then sense. He talks a good game, he does all he can to get inside peoples heads, play with their minds to gain an advantage over weaker willed opponent. Here's a news flash for him. I'm not a weak willed person, I can not be used for sick games. I've chosen the way I'm going out, and I will be remembered for this but lets be honest Nicolas, the proof that you are not man enough for this anymore, is the simple fact, that you only have one more match left in you.

Hot Stuff puts his hands out in front of him.

HS: Go on, admit it. The only reason you're back for one night only, is because you just don't have it in you to go up against people anymore. The reason you wanna see me fight on, is because you know that you just can't do it anymore Nicolas. You know that once I'm done with you, you will be a let down. My retirement is because I've given it my all for years, your retirement was because you knew you couldn't do it anymore. That's why you're too much of a pussy to stick around when I'm done with ya.

Hot Stuff arrogantly smirks.

HS: Feel free to quote me on that. Hot Stuff Mark Ward has called the devil himself a pussy.

Hot Stuff mouths the words "Yep, I did"

HS: I have to prove to you Nicolas, that I, Mark Ward, deserves to retire, but what did you do to deserve you should retire and live the life of luxury? You didn't do anything back then to prove it and you won't now. You'll be forgotten faster than you was remembered. Stick around Lucifer, prove to these people you can do what you used to do. Show them you was never a flash in the pan, one trick pony.

Hot Stuff puts his face closer to the camera.

HS: Come on Lucifer, I dare ya.

Hot Stuff can't help but chuckle.

HS: Calling the devil a pussy and daring him all in one night, something no other has done before. So now Nicolas, you've had your fun and games and tried to dig in to this head of mine, but it will be the last time you do so. You've played mind games, stabbed yourself with a pen on television, attacked me and now it's time to end this chapter of Mark Ward's career. It will be time to close the book shut and you will be on my greatest matches DVD, you really will, not because of you, but because even I can make the devil look good.

Hot Stuff rolls his head back, looking up.

HS: When this is all said and done and I cage you up once more, leave you to your own thoughts for the rest of eternity, you will ask yourself over and over again, if this whole thing was really worth it. Was the pain well and truly worth it? Is it really gonna be worth the aftermath?

Hot Stuff looks back at the camera.

HS: For me, putting you through pain is going to be worth every second of having you scratch around in my head. You see Nicolas, I'm going to be remembered for this whole ordeal for the right reasons, I am going to be remembered and stories will be told of me, passed down generation after generation, movies will be made about me and books written. They will tell the tale of the man from London, a warrior who thought he rid the world of pure evil, only to watch it rise once more. The man faced his fears once more and slayed evil once more, never to grace the earth again.

Hot Stuff pauses for just a second.

HS: Blaze Of Glory III Nicolas, will be your last hurrah with the world. Enjoy it while you can.

Hot Stuff turns around, walking in to the flames as the camera fades.

OOC: Sorry for this being split in to multiple posts, my laptop don't seem to like these boards.
>

Offline Nicolas L Blair

• View Profile
    • Nicolas L Blair
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 10:13:15 PM »
 Six Months ago….

Selena Lesseos-Locke, better known to the wrestling world as Delicious, the ever-sexy manager of Christian Underwood, checked her iPhone as she waited in her favorite café in Minneapolis for her longtime friend to arrive.  She sighed, blowing some blonde hair out of her face and sipped a hot tea.

“No mocha latte today, Sel?” Christian strolled up behind her, a less-than-approving smirk on his face as he took a seat across from her.  “You traitor!”

“Felt like an Earl Grey day.” Selena replied with a smile. “I always feel more like a detective when I’m drinking that.”

“Oh!  I hope that means you have some good news for me.  I tell you, I’ve hit the biggest brick wall since Scottie – well, that’s a story for another time.  At any rate, unraveling this problem has me stumped.”

“Well, honey, that’s why you turned to me.  I’m more than just a pretty face, you know.” Selena held up a finger and a waitress walked over to their table.  “He’ll take the Caramel Spice Latte with a shot of espresso.  Trust me, you’ll love it.”

“You’ve never steered me wrong.” Christian replied with a grin as Selena checked her phone again.  “How’s Jack?”

Selena gave Christian a wide grin as he asked about her husband.

“Traipsing the light fantastique in Milan this week, unveiling his new fashion line.  He asked me to go with, but to be honest he gets so busy preparing his runway models and TRYING to teach them the hip-pivot-step-twist-double-bang-bang pose Jackal technique that I end up either spending a lot of time standing around or shopping, and I’m trying to stay on a budget.  ONE of us has to!”  Selena gave Christian a laugh and he responded in kind.  Selena’s husband was a retired pro wrestler himself, and also a former supermodel who was now engaging in the business side of fashion.  He almost had to, just to support his clothes-buying habit.  “So I’m glad you dropped this mystery into my lap.  It gave me a chance to look up some of my wrestling world contacts – and I mean some REALLY old ones.”

“I’m glad you have a better idea of how to track him down.” Christian frowned. “I thought it would be such a great idea for Mark’s retirement, having him wrestle some of his greatest opponents from across his career, but this guy just seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth.”

“From what I remember of Nicolas L. Blair, that’s pretty apt.” Selena replied as the waitress set down Christian’s foamy drink with a smile.  “He was a real head case, wasn’t he?”

“He was a hell of a competitor, damn tough in the ring.” Christian countered.  “High-maintenance because of, the whole…you know…believing he was Satan thing, but holy HELL did Mark Ward and he pack the fans into the arenas during the GXW days.  If Mark were to retire without at least one more match with him, I really think it would feel like an unfinished story there.

“I was able to keep track of him until about 2006,” Christian continued, after taking a long draught off his drink. “And then as far as I can tell, he just sort of vanishes.  Google searches come up with nothing, and I even ventured to the SECOND page of the results!”

“Mmm.” Selena nodded.  “Well, I’ve found more than that.  But first, tell me how much you love the drink.”

“I love the drink.” Christian grabbed the cup and took a deep swallow, coming back with a white foam ‘mustache’ above his lip.

“Tell me that I’m the greatest manager in the history of the business.”  Selena teased him coyly.

“You are a GODDESS amongst managerial wrestling types.”   Christian responded agreeably, the foam still clinging above his lip.

“Tell me how you’re going to expense my long distance phone bill this month to Sin City Wrestling.”

“E-mail it to my office and stop stringing me along, Selena!  I’m rapidly getting wired on caffeine and you’re going to give me an ulcer!’

Selena gave Christian a satisfied smile.

“I found him.”

“You didn’t.”

“I did!”

“You did?!”  Christian hopped up and crossed to the other side of the table to give her a big hug.  “How did you find him?”

“Well, first I called everyone on my list from GXW and found out that Blair had taken bookings in a couple of really small feds down in Georgia.  My hubby knew a couple of the people down there and I was able to network to find out the best person to talk to that, you know, ‘knew people.’  That led me to call a promoter who calls himself – finger quotes – “Lone Wolf,” but he was a total dead end.  He suggested I call BabyDoll Bradley-Bastarde, which seemed odd to me because she worked mostly for that all-women’s federation LIWA, but it turns out that was a great tip, because she hooked me up with recent contact info for Brian Oxenreider – remember him?  Called himself X-Dude?”

Christian shuddered.

“Yes, I remember him…”

“Well, he got me in contact with Chad Hartl, who somehow managed to remember the phone number of Toy Machine from the Old School Icons, who made me promise that so long as I never, ever, ever told anyone else, he’d give me the phone number of Sanctum Nocturna.”

“Whew!  What a blast from the past!” Christian rubbed the back of his head, as the memories from some of the old federations the duo had wrestled in came flooding back.  “Sanctum Nocturna.  Now that was an odd guy.”

“Yeah, odd for sure, but extremely helpful.  He told me what happened to Nicolas Blair after the two of them crossed paths.”

“Which was?” Christian asked, finishing off his latte.

“He had some issues…big ones.  The term Sanctum Nocturna used was ‘total and complete breakdown of the psyche-“

“Using ten dollar words where one dollar ones would suffice, yup, you were definitely talking to Sanct.”  Christian interjected.  “Sorry…go on.”

“He said that last he heard of Blair he was checked into a –finger quotes – “Convalescent Home.”’  Selena replied.  “You know, the kind that you can’t check yourself out of.”

Christian winced.

“Ouch…how the mighty have fallen.”

“Yeah.  Ironic, right?  Thinks he’s the devil…and then falls?…yeah, kind of a lame joke.  Sorry.  So…let me ask you…how invested are you in getting Blair for this match?”

Christian paused.  He had been sincere in what he’d said earlier – Mark’s retirement meant a lot to him and he wanted it to be as epic as humanly possible.  He wanted Mark Ward to have the best send-off possible…and that to him meant that Mark would want a chance to show the world just how hot “Hot Stuff” could be against his greatest opponents of all time.

“One.  Hundred.  Percent.” Christian answered, completely serious.  If there was a way, any way to make this match happen, he was going to find a way to do it.  He felt driven, almost compelled to make this happen.  

It HAD to happen.

“Great.” Selena smiled.  “Because that means I can email your office about paying for these plane tickets to Georgia, too.”

Five Months Ago…

Biloxie City Armory

Fight City Championship Wrestling Event Tonight!

Bell time is 7 p.m.

Selena and Christian walked around to the service entrance of the tiny building.  Selena wrinkled her nose.

“I know Sin City Wrestling isn’t the WWE, but at least it doesn’t wrestle in places that smell THIS MUCH like ham, Christian.”

“It…it really smells like ham, doesn’t it?  That’s so weird.  Why does an Armory smell like ham?”

“I hope we never find out the answer.” Selena replied as they finally arrived at the service entrance.  A sign was duct-taped on the propped-open door, reading ‘TURN LEFT.’   Selena ran one perfectly-polished fingernail across the sign.  “They really know how to spoil the talent here, don’t they?”

“Now now, don’t be catty,” Christian replied. “You know that’s MY job.  I just hope that this ends up paying off.”

“Oh, it will.” Selena nodded.  “Remember what the nice Intern at the Convalescent Home said?”

“He said that he found your assets to be ‘incredibly charming,’ if I recall.”

“Oh, Christian, he was clearly talking about YOUR assets if you followed his eye line at all.  How else do you think I was able to sneak a peek of his computer screen and lead us here?  He was too busy looking at your- ”  Selena smirked.  “But I mean what he said about Nicolas Blair.  I guess it makes sense that he’d be operating under a different name after being discharged from that place…that’s why your searches all hit such a dead end before.”

“Well, hopefully this won’t be a dead end.  I’d hate to have all of my efforts end up with nothing but a dodgy ham smell.”

“It REALLY smells like ham, doesn’t it?”  The two ventured further in the back annals of the armory.  It was a multi-purpose building that had, for tonight, been transformed into a small wrestling venue.  Peeking through one door, Selena spotted the ring and about four hundred folding chairs in the process of being set up by a small ring crew.  

“Later, Danny!  I’ll be back right before your match!  Oh!  Excuse me!” A woman in a police uniform brushed into Selena as she walked down the hallway, calling to someone.  “Sorry.  In a bit of a hurry.”

“Oh, it’s all right, officer!” Selena nodded at her.  She tried to look natural, like she was supposed to be there. “Officer…uh, Smith-”

Selena read off of her badge. “-You wouldn’t happen to know where the locker room is, would you?”

“Down that hallway over there, on the left.  I just left there, actually.”

“Oh!  There’s…not any trouble, is there?”  Selena asked, a bit concerned at an officer in full uniform walking out of the locker room.  What kind of hole-in-the-wall indy fed was this?!

“Not at all.” Officer Smith smiled reassuringly.  “I was just wishing my boyfriend good luck before his match tonight.  And hey, good luck to you, too!”

“Thanks.” Selena gave Officer Smith a light wave as she vanished in the opposite direction.  She rejoined Christian and together, the two found the locker room.

The pair strolled into the small locker room, where a few of the wrestlers for the night’s event had already arrived.  Near the door, one bulky competitor was talking to a much smaller man in a cheap suit.  Christian nudged Selena, and she nodded.  Greasy hair, second-hand suit, loud tie; this guy was clearly the promoter of this little indy event.  Almost as if on cue, he turned around and did a double-take at Christian and Delicious.

“Hey!  What are you doing back here!?” He demanded. “You’re not supposed to be back here!  Talent ONLY!”  The greasy little man slapped a hand on the sign duct-taped to the door.  Christian held up his hands.

“Sorry, we don’t want any trouble.  We’re just here to see one of the wrestlers.”

“Waitasecond….” The little guy walked up to Christian and gave him the hairy eyeball.  “I know who you are!  Christian Underwood!”

“A-HEM, AND his smokin’ hot valet, Delicious!” Selena interjected.  She hated being ignored.

“You’re here on a talent raid!  Trying to sign my guys out from under my nose!  I knew this was gonna happen if I didn’t chain the locker door shut!  If that po-lice officer hadn’t been here I would have!” The troll-man fumed, shoving a finger right in Christian’s face.  “You’re after Randy ‘The Raider’ Arcson, aren’t you?  AREN’T YOU?!”

“Er…no…” Christian grabbed the promoter’s offending finger and slowly pushed it out of his face.  “I’m not here to raid anything.  I just need to speak to Nicolas Blair.”

The promoter gave Christian a confused look.

“Nobody by that name on the card.  Don’t you try and put one over on me!  How dare you try to steal Randy!”

“Excuse me…but is “Randy” that rather rotund guy sitting on two folding chairs in the corner?  The one eating what appears to be an entire pig between two slices of bread?”  Selena pointed to a large, very pink sweaty guy eating in the corner.  Silently, she mouthed to Christian ‘The ham stops here.’  He tried hard not to laugh.

“I wouldn’t try to recruit that guy as a popcorn vendor, much less as a wrestler!”  Christian took a turn to shove a finger in the greasy promoter’s face.  “Sin City Wrestling has standards, you know!”

“Well…if you’re not looking to raid, then perhaps…” The promoter turned his eyes to Selena…well, specifically to her chest.  “Perhaps we can discuss a talent ‘exchange,’ as it were?  You could accompany me to the ring tonight, my dear.  Smile pretty for the audience while I announce the card.”

He gave her a greasy smile and licked his lips as Selena jerked her head towards one corner of the locker room and mouthed ‘You owe me BIG TIME’ to Christian.

“Oooh, a spot on your wrestling card?  In front of MAYBE four hundred people?! Tell me more, that sounds SOOOO interesting and totally a thing I want to do right now!” Selena cooed, in pure Delicious-mode, stepping closer to the little greasy man and giving him a full view of her ample bosom.  Christian nodded at her and stepped away.

“Way to take one for the team, Sel!” He whispered under his breath as he strolled towards the corner Selena had indicated.  He didn’t even have to be close to know that she was right – this was the man he had been looking for.  Facing away from the ruckus and sitting on one of the benches, lacing up boots, it could have been any wrestler.  But Christian recognized the markings on his shoulder blades.  Half tattoo, half ritual-like scarring, the fallen angel marks were plain as the days Blair had showed them off in a Gen X Wrestling ring.

Christian cleared his throat.  The man in the corner turned around, and Christian was stunned for a moment.

His mental image of Nicolas L. Blair, the image burned in Christian’s mind from his violent, bloody feud with Mark Ward over 9 years ago, was of a man with burning hazel eyes, black hair with red streaks, and an intensity to every movement that made it seem like he was constantly calculating moves and countermoves, always trying to be four steps ahead of anyone he engaged.

There was none of that in the face looking back at him.

“Yes?  Can I help you?”  The man sitting in the corner was definitely Blair, Christian knew it, but with his hair colored shocking platinum blond, and a pair of blue eyes peering up at him in an almost hesitant way, Christian nearly found himself second-guessing all of the time and effort he and Selena had poured into this search.

“Nicolas Blair?  Wow, what the hell happened to you?” The words tumbled out of Christian’s mouth before he could stop himself.  The seated man raised an eyebrow.

“Sorry.  You have the wrong person.  My name’s Hall.  Daniel Hall.”  Christian looked him up and down.  White boots, blue trunks with the moniker ‘Mr. Blue Sky’ written down the side.  It was like looking at a doppelganger.  “There’s no Nicolas Blair here.”

“Look,” Christian began, regretting how he’d started the conversation. “It’s me, Christian Underwood.  We worked together back in Generation X Wrestling, remember?  2005-ish?  I’m not some fanboy who’s here to breathe heavy over a glossy of you and ask for an autograph or something.  I get that sometimes, in our business, we reinvent ourselves.  But I really, honestly need to talk to Nicolas L. Blair.  I have a great opportunity for him, er…for you.”

The man calling himself Daniel Hall shook his head slowly.

“That wasn’t me.  Again, sorry.”  He turned away from Christian, effectively ending the conversation before it had even really started.  Christian stuttered a bit, trying to sort in his mind the right words to salvage this situation.  He and Selena had come too far, done too much legwork, smelled too much horrifyingly pervasive ham smell to turn back now.

“Look, let me just tell you the offer.  Then I’ll give you my card and you can call me, email me, text me, whatever.  Or ignore it.  It’s up to you!  But I think you really, REALLY want to hear this offer.”

Daniel Hall’s shoulders rose up ever so slightly…and lowered again.  Taking it as a sigh of resignation, Christian talked onward while reaching into his coat pocket for his SCW business cards.

“We have an event coming up in a few months, an annual supercard sort of thing.  It’s called ‘Blaze of Glory III,’ and we want…no…we NEED Nicolas Blair there.  You see, “Hot Stuff” Mark Ward is embarking on his personal retirement tour-“

“WHAT.”  Christian suddenly had Daniel’s full attention, it seemed.  Daniel cleared his throat.  “I…sorry.  I’ve never heard of a ‘personal retirement tour’ before.  Uh…go on.”

Sensing an opportunity, Christian decided to press the advantage as best he could.

“Hot Stuff’s going to be retiring at the end of this tour, you see.  And, well, that’s a big deal.  It’s a big deal for him, it’s a big deal for me as his personal friend, and it’s a big deal for Sin City Wrestling.  And I’d be doing him, and the SCW fans a disservice if I didn’t try to find the greatest opponents Mark ever faced and give him one last go-round with them for the fans to see.”

Hall stared at Christian, unblinking, the entire time that he spoke.  Feeling encouraged, Christian talked on.

“One final time!  “Hot Stuff” Mark Ward vs. Nicolas L. Blair!  Come on, that’s pure money right there!  So much was left on the table when Gen X Wrestling folded between you two.  Have you looked on the internet?  People STILL talk about those matches!  And I know Mark, and I know that he’d only insist on the VERY best opponents for his retirement tour.  And I intend to provide them.  That means Nicolas Blair, in Sin City Wrestling rings.  It HAS to.”

For a few moments, there was silence between the two men.  Hall opened his mouth to speak.

“I-“

“DANNY!  Iz this bozo buggin’ you?!”  The corpulent smell of ham and a large looming shadow informed Christian that ‘Randy the Raider’ had managed to stuff himself into their conversation.  

“I didn’t know Ralphus had a brother…” Christian muttered under his breath.

“No, he…was just leaving.”  Daniel gave a shallow, dismissive nod to Christian, who felt his heart sink into his boots.  

“Look-“

“He SAID you wuz jest LEAVING.” Randy leaned in close to Christian’s face and let out a long, slow, ham-infested belch.  Christian resisted the urge to spew in his face.

“Fine.  Like I said, here’s my card.  Please, think about what I said.  “Hot Stuff” can’t retire properly unless he gets one last shot at Nicolas Blair.  I really, honestly and truly believe that.”

Christian reached over and pressed his card against Daniel Hall’s shoulder until he reached up and grabbed it.  Then, unwilling to get his fists dirty with ham-beast, Christian backed up, back to where Selena was still enduring the leers of the small-time greasy promoter.  

“Let’s go, Selena.  This was a bust.”  He muttered to her, still eyeing Randy and Daniel.

“What!?” She hissed back at him.  “Seriously?  After all this?”

“All we can do now is leave it up to the hands of a higher power…” He said to her, feeling intensely bummed out.  Selena’s eyes narrowed.

“Sorry, Chrissy.”  She replied.  “You go on back to the hotel.”

“But-“

“Didn’t you hear?  I’m on the show tonight!”  Selena gave him a wink as she (hesitantly) hugged the greasy promoter.  “Lenny says I can accompany him to the ring, and I just can’t say no to Lenny-kins!”

Christian felt a smile return to his face.  Selena really was the very best manager in the business.

“All right.  Call me when you’re through.”  And with that, Christian walked out of the locker room and into the fresh air.  As Selena watched him disappear around the corner, she saw that he had fingers from both hands crossed behind his back.  As soon as he was gone, she was inundated with instructions from Lenny the Promoter about her role in the night’s card.  She was to always be one step behind him, blah blah, smile pretty the whole time, blah blah, be sure to take large steps to improve ‘bounce,’ blah blah blah…

Selena looked back at Daniel Hall and noted carefully that he was looking at the business card Christian had given him.  Daniel stood up and walked up to Lenny and Selena.

“Hey Lenny, can I bum a cigarette?”

“Sure, kid.” Lenny reached into his pocket and pulled out a pack of Marlboros.  “I didn’t know that you smoked.”

“Haven’t in a long time.” He replied, taking the offered cigarette and lighter and headed to the exit.  “But suddenly, I’d sell my soul for one.”

Later that evening….

Having finished her easily-least-memorable-valet-job in recorded history, Selena sat off to the side of the entrance in the Gorilla position and watched the tiny wrestling show.  The hall the ring was set up in was barely half-full.  There wasn’t even any theme music.  

“And now, coming to the ring, weighing in at two hundred, thirty-eight pounds, Mr. Blue Sky himself, Daaaaaniellllll Haaaaaaaaallllll!” The ring announcer shouted into the house microphone to a tepid response.  The man Selena and Christian were convinced was actually Nicolas Blair stepped in between the ropes and hopped up and down, stretching his arms and breathing hard to hype himself up.

“And his opponent, weighing in at one hundred, ninety-six pounds, ‘Jumpin’ Joe John Bob!”  Another tepid response as a pale, stingy-haired kid barely out of his teens bounced to the ring and stepped inside.  Selena blinked at the sheer indy-ness of it all.

“I’ve been spoiled all these years, most assuredly…” She muttered to herself, appreciating quietly the incredible career she had shared with Christian over the years.  Hall and John Bob locked up in the middle of the ring with a collar-and-elbow tie-up.

“Hm…pretty basic stuff.” Selena ruminated.  Maybe it wasn’t such a great idea to try to get this guy active in SCW.  Whatever ‘it’ Christian was convinced he’d had in 2005, she didn’t see any indication of it in his work in the ring today.

In the ring, Hall had gained the advantage and was cranking in a headlock on John Bob.  He shot John Bob into the ropes and executed a back body drop, sending the smaller man in the air and down to the mat hard.  A smattering of applause went through the crowd.  The loudest cheers, Selena noticed, were from that same Officer Smith she had run into in the hallways earlier in the afternoon.  Realization dawned on her.

“She’s Daniel Hall’s girlfriend!” Weird.  In all of the research she’d done over the last couple of months for Christian, digging into the past trying to find Nicolas Blair, she’d never once gotten the impression he was the dating type.  He’d seemed more…career-oriented, if that was the right word for it.  Selena pulled out her iPhone and started going through the pictures as the match continued on in the ring.

In the ring, John-Bob had gotten a smattering of an advantage, scoop slamming Hall to the mat.  He followed up with a leg drop on Hall’s throat and turned to a corner to start climbing the turnbuckles.  He went to the top for a flying elbow, but Hall rolled out of the way, grabbing John-Bob’s arm in the process.  He got to one knee on the mat, locking in a chicken wing behind John-Bob and torqued the younger man’s arm.

Selena scrolled through her phone until she found what she was looking for – the picture of the computer screen in the Convalescent Home she and Christian had visited on their quest to find Nicolas Blair.  It was that one image that had led them here, revealing that Blair was currently living under the name of Daniel Hall.  Selena realized that after finding out that tidbit, they hadn’t really bothered to scrutinize any other information the screen shot could have given them.  It was that lack of being prepared, the overeagerness of Christian to craft the perfect match for his friend Mark, that had led to all of the awkwardness in the locker room.  Selena wanted to pull through for Christian, and so she was no longer willing to leave anything to chance.

“Aaaaaagh!” John-Bob screamed in the ring as Selena glanced up from her phone.  Both competitors were on their feet now, the chicken-wing submission still screwed in.  There was a look of intensity on Daniel Hall’s face that was evident even to Selena’s distance away from the ring.  She glanced back down at her phone, swiping her fingers to enlarge the picture and read what she could on the blurry screenshot.

Patient Name:  (too blurry to read)
Aliases:  Blair, Nicolas Lucifer
              Hall, Daniel
Diagnosis:  High-Functioning Sociopathy
(too blurry to read)
Acute Schizophrenia
Obsessive-Co(too blurry to read) Disorder

Familial History: (too blurry to read)

“Fun…” Selena muttered to herself.  She glanced up.  John-Bob was tapping out frantically, still screaming.  The bell rang, and the referee patted Hall on the shoulder, looking for a break to the hold.   She looked back down at her phone.

(too blurry to read) suffers from delusional belief that he is (blurry) by the (blurry), likely exasperated by (blurry), caused by the traumatic situation in his (blurry)hood.

“Darn…wish I’d gotten a better picture…”

“RELEASE THE HOLD, HALL!  RELEASE IT!” The referee was shouting in the ring, distracting Selena from translating pixels on her phone.  She looked up and saw that Hall was still cranking in the chicken-wing hold.  Lenny the promoter was on his feet and about a second from sprinting to the ring.  

And then, even though she couldn’t hear it from her position, she clearly saw it – the *snap* of arm bone breaking.  John-Bob shrieked in pain as Hall finally released the hold, dropping the young man to the mat in a heap.  He looked up slowly from the quivering mass of man on the mat and locked eyes with Lenny, who was footsteps away from the ring.  He gave Lenny a little bit of a smile.

“Holy hell.”   Selena’s stomach twinged in sympathy for the kid on the mat.  She caught the smile on Hall’s lips the instant before it vanished and was replaced with concern for his opponent.  Hall knelt down, checking on John-Bob and waving over the ring medic.  More people rolled into the ring to tend to the downed fighter.

Selena stood up.  She’d seen enough.  

Walking out through the back to that door she and Christian had entered hours ago, Selena tapped Christian’s name and put her phone up to her ear.

“Yeah, it’s me.  We’re all done here.”

She paused, listening to Christian asking the inevitable.

“I think you’re going to get your guy.  But Christian…in all honesty, I’m not sure this is a very good idea.”

Four Months Ago…

Officer Debra “Deeb” Smith pulled out the key to her boyfriend’s apartment and let herself in.  She didn’t know if Danny was in or not, but he’d given her the key with the instructions to come and go as she pleased.  The two of them kept unusual hours due to her job as a police officer and his travel around the area as a small-time pro wrestler, but it was part of the casualness of their relationship that had originally attracted Deeb to Danny.  As a cop she’d learned what happened when you get too attached to someone, too attached to having a shoulder to lean on at home.   With the job she had, someone’s heart was going to get broken.  It was those attachments that drove her to drink.

Which was actually the reason she had stopped by Danny’s today…Tonight was her AA meeting and she was hoping she’d caught him at home to come with her.  He had no cell phone, so it was always a little bit of a surprise when she stopped by.  Danny didn’t drink, didn’t smoke, didn’t do any drugs but his prescriptions, and it always made her feel more like she could stand the grind of her job with him by her side.  Even if that meant she was becoming far more attached to Danny then she wanted to…

Danny’s apartment was sparse.  No pictures on the walls, no decorations on the bookshelves or flowers on the tables.  He did have one picture framed, on the desk table where he kept his mail.  It was a picture of the two of them hugging, taken only a week after they’d met in the bar just a block away from his place.  She’d been the designated driver.  He’d been peeling one of his wrestler friends off the floor.  Somehow, they clicked.  

“Danny?  Are you home?”  She called out, dropping her key on the table.  “If you are, I’m heading to my meeting in an hour and a half.  Thought we could catch dinner?”

“Heeeey.” She heard him call from the bathroom.  “You’re just in time.  I have a little bit of a surprise for you.”

“Oh yeah?” She responded, setting down their picture.  “Let me guess.  You redecorated.  Painted the walls eggshell instead of off-white?”

Deeb heard him laugh and the lights click off in the bathroom.  He walked into the living room with a towel around his waist and around his head.  Her eyes got wide.

“Oh, THAT kind of surprise!” She smirked, jokingly rubbing her hands together.  “So I guess no catching dinner then!”

“Hah, you scamp.” He gave her a crooked half-smile.  “No, that’s not it.  Check it out.”

Danny whipped the towel off of his head and Deeb couldn’t help but gasp.

“You-…your hair!” She exclaimed, aghast.  “What happened to your blond hair?!”

“You like it?” Danny asked, running his hands through his new, dark locks.  There were even bright red highlights running throughout the waves.  “I just felt like…it was time for a change.”

“It’s…it’s a real change.” Deeb spat out, still in a bit of shock.  Danny had been a suicide blond since she’d met him.  “It’s going to take some getting used to.”

“Really?”  He replied, stroking his hands through it again.  “I’m used to it already.  It feels good.  Feels right.”

“If you say so,” Deeb shrugged.  “So, how about dinner?  Give the new ‘do a test run, as it were?”

“Oh, wish I could, honey, but I have some errands to run.  In fact, I was wondering if I could borrow your phone for the evening?  I have an important phone call to make.”

“Fine.” Deeb replied with a sigh.  She handed the phone over to him.  “Strand me all night without Candy Crush!  I guess this means you won’t be going to my meeting with me either, huh?”

“Afraid not.  But don’t worry.  I’ll be at the next one.  I PROMISE.”  He gave her one more shake of his dark locks and she nodded.

“All right.  I’ll stop by after the meeting, okay?  Will you be back by then?”

“Sitting here, waiting on bated breath for you.  I promise.” He replied, kissing her on the cheek.  He walked her to the door.  Just before he closed it behind her, Deeb spun around and gave her odd boyfriend one last look, from head to toe.

“Did you…” She chewed her bottom lip before pointing at his face.  “Did you get yourself a pair of colored contact lenses?”

Danny’s hazel eyes blinked at her in surprise.

“Of course not!” He replied with a wide smile as the door started to swing close.  “I just stopped wearing the blue ones!”

And with that, the door shut on Debra Smith’s face.  Debra snapped her jaw shut, shrugged, and headed off for dinner and her AA Meeting.

“Hello?”

“Christian Underwood.”

“Yes, this is he.  Who is this?  I don’t recognize this number.”

“You’re going to get exactly what you wanted.”

“Misha Collins wearing nothing but a big red bow and a smile?  I’m kidding, I’m kidding.  Who is this?”

“Tell Mark Ward how eager I am to see him again.  It’s been so long since I’ve felt in the mood to come out and play.”

“Is this…Blair?  Is that you?”

“See you soon.  And remember; you wanted this.  It’s all on you.”

*click*

Two and a half hours later.

“Honey, I’m home!” Debra Smith knocked as she unlocked and opened the door to Danny’s apartment.  “The meeting was…well, not really fun, but the coffee was good.  It’s a shame you missed it.  Hey, are you here?”

Deeb found the light switch and turned it on.  The rest of the apartment was dark.  

“Danny?”

Deeb looked in the hallway towards the bathroom and the bedroom, but they were just as dark.  He must still be out running his errands, she figured.  Just as she was about to leave, she saw her phone light up on the dining room table, illuminating it in the weird blue glow of digital light.  Deeb turned on the dining room light.

“What…”

Her phone was propped up on a bottle of tequila and a shot glass.  Next to it was the picture of her and Danny from all those months ago.  Scrawled on the glass was a message.  She picked it up…

It was all a lie.

Debra couldn’t help but feel a twinge of panic in her stomach.  She turned and dashed down the hallway to the bedroom.  She turned on the light there.

Empty.  No clothes in the drawers.  Nothing in the closet.  She ran to the bathroom.

Nothing there.  Not even soap under the sink.

The kitchen was just as empty.  Even the fridge didn’t have the half-open box of baking soda that had been there forever.  It was all, just…gone.

“It was all…a lie?”  She repeated to herself.  Her cop instincts failed her.  Too late, she realized, she’d committed the cardinal sin again…she’d let someone get too close.  With nothing else in the apartment to look at, she turned, stunned to the picture, the bottle, the shot glass and her phone.  Debra picked up the phone and looked at the messages.

“Great!” Said one text from an unknown number.  “We’re glad to have you back.  I knew that guy I met wasn’t the real you.”

Debra dropped the phone and slumped down in a chair.  It was…It was all a lie.

She uncorked the tequila and pulled the shot glass towards her.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 10:22:13 PM by Nicolas L Blair »
You're Not Alone
>

Offline Nicolas L Blair

• View Profile
    • Nicolas L Blair
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 10:14:25 PM »
 The room is dark.  But a solitary figure steps into the light.

Blair:  The devil went down to Georgiabut then a kindly Christian came and pulled him back out.

Blair smiles, adjusting his silk red tie and unbuttoning his black and red pinstripe suit coat as he has a seat in the middle of the light.

Blair:  It has been so long, such a long road to travel to end up right back at the beginning of it all. Please, allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Nicolas L. Blair, and the L stands for Lucifer, as you have likely already surmised. And the time has come, as we stand on the precipice of history, for me to speak my mind at you, Mark Ward. Because, really, in the end, it all comes back to you. It always comes back to you.

Doesnt it?

Blair smiles, reaching into his coat and pulling out a cigarette.  The cigarette is black, the smell of clove almost seeming to penetrate the image as a lighter flares the tip of the cigarette into flames.  He takes a deep draw, and smoke trails out of the corners of his mouth as he talks.

Blair:  Its all on you, yes it is. I could have stayed away forever, you know. I could have stayed locked away in my ivory tower, my clean, soft, white room, and not been disturbed for years and years. I could have skipped on down that white cobblestone path, with my feet dancing across the round white tablets and stayed hidden for time immaterial. The world would have gone on. The people would have continued on their merry way, ignorant of the monsters that sleep among them.

But you couldnt let me, could you?

Blair takes another deep draw, and points towards you with his cigarette.  A crooked half-smile crosses his face.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 10:36:33 PM by Nicolas L Blair »
You're Not Alone
>

Offline Nicolas L Blair

• View Profile
    • Nicolas L Blair
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 10:16:48 PM »
 Blair: Are you aware, of the lives you have ruined, that you will ruin, in your arrogance, Mark? People youve never met, they feel the pain in the depths of their souls, and its all because of you. Youve destroyed people, and you dont even know. Youll never know! And.

It.

Is.

PERFECT.

Because you cant know, Mark. You cant conceive of a world that doesnt revolve around you. When I stepped out that night, Mark, when I made my return here, ascending up from the depths of Hell to greet you, do you know what the people did? They CHEERED, Mark. They cheered the devil himself, coming to get you! The masses wanted to see retribution. They wanted to see a reckoning. They love you so much, that all they truly want, all they truly NEED is to see you completely destroyed for them!

He takes another draw off his cigarette, shaking his head and laughing as if in disbelief.  He turns again towards you and speaks as if he’s explaining something simple to a child who just can’t grasp what they’re being told.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 10:17:38 PM by Nicolas L Blair »
You're Not Alone
>

Offline Nicolas L Blair

• View Profile
    • Nicolas L Blair
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 10:17:55 PM »

Blair:  Dont you understand, Mark? Im the only one who really cares about you! I am here for you in your hour of need, to serve as the shining light to guide you to your final goal. I am your motivator! I am your SAVIOR. I will beat you to a pulp in the name of the All Holy You. Through the pain I inflict, your spirit will riseor fall. Through your blood, and your sweat, and your tears, I will set the path for your future like the hand of the Father guiding his Son.

I am your God, and just like Jesus calling out to his father in the desert, you called out to me in your depths, summoning me to your side to prevent you from faltering in your unwavering devotion to the Altar of You. And I will not let you down. I could never let you down. It was your need, in the weakness of wanting to retire, that caused you to inspire Christian to gather your old opponents. It was you who planted the seed in him that bloomed into his quest to find me. And I am so happy that you did.

Because I love you, Mark Ward. I love you as I love all of my wretched children, like I love this sad, hollow shell of a man I inhibit, an unwavering love that guarantees I will destroy you in that ring and paint the mat with your blood so as to prevent you from committing the atrocity that is your retirement.

He stands up, an indulgent smile on his face like the father who has just lectured his son and now wants to give him a reassuring hug.  His arms are wide open, just waiting to receive you.

Blair:  There is no need to thank me for what comes next. Because in the end, the greatest traps are the ones we create for ourselves, and then back into, feigning ignorance the whole time. You wanted this; and I am going to give it to you.

The cigarette drops to the ground, and it is extinguished underneath a heavy heel.

Blair:  The Devil made me do it.

And the room is dark again.
You're Not Alone
>