Author Topic: Taking the gold from Sin City  (Read 831 times)

Offline KojiVerse

• View Profile
    • Aleksei Koji
Taking the gold from Sin City
« on: April 26, 2013, 10:44:35 PM »
 Fade to black and white. “The Duke” Ata Tupoi is walking down a busy street in a small American town. It is spring by the look of the budding leaves but it is still cool. Duke walks forward in the fading light of day ignoring the people around him.

Duke: Just got done watching your little promo, Rex. You are one delusional little punk man. If I gave a crap, it would be almost sad watching you try to act like your big time. For weeks I have beaten you down, without much effort, yet you act like you’re some modern day titan. You think you played me? You think you tricked me by letting your lame ass get beat down by me?

Duke stops walking and stares at the camera with his predatory smile.

Duke: You know on some level we are not that different. We both are young fighters known for our power and skill. We both know what it is like to join up with federations that don’t last long. We know what its like to have to wait while lesser men keep getting the spotlight. You know that is kind of what started this whole little war for me. I was talking to an insider...you know some guy in a suit that knows nothing of what a real fight is but thinks he is better than us...and this suit compared me to you.

The big man shakes his head with a sneer and keeps on walking. His tone getting louder, his eyes narrowing as he moves forward.

Duke: Now he didn’t compare us because of our careers. He said we were of similar talent, we were part of a rising class of new fighters. I tell you what, that little bitch is lucky we live in a civilized world because when he said that I wanted to crush his skull. First he dares to put me in the same class with anyone, but more importantly he included a no talent, boring ass hat like you in this class.

Let me be clear Rex. We have had some similar struggles but that is where the similarities end. You are just another pathetic American kid, a pro-wrestler who is happy to be grinded by this industry, looking for any small recognition and turning it into some great thing. You talk about your one month reign as if its history in the making. You talk about the SCW like it is your family, forgetting how short a time you have been here. Forgetting that you don’t even rank in the top ten on your own federation.

Duke stops at an intersection and turns right. The commercial area filled with diners, and tourist stops shifts to a more worn down area with local bars and night clubs. Duke stops outside one of the bars.

Duke: I am not a wrestler Rex. I am a warrior, and not just any damn warrior. I have noble blood in my veins. You act like a dinosaur to try to stand out, but I have the name Duke because its my damn title. I am from a long line of warrior kings. There is no class that I am apart of. I am the damn future of this business. Your history is to be forgotten Roulette Champion, but man I am going to run this alliance.
I grew up in a land filled with history. I grew up in a place where survival meant being strong and resourceful. You grew up in this town. This dirty, forgettable American city that should of died when the gold went away. Just like you...you are going to fade away once the gold goes away. I don’t even care about the belt...I already have a championship. Hell in a few months I will be a triple champion. I may not even keep the damn thing, the important thing is to take it away from you.

Duke looks at the door to bar and motions inwards.

Duke: I found some local losers just like you. I mean they don’t roar like a damn child but they went to school with you. They are washed up just like this town, they are looking for cash. So I am going to help them out. I am going to pay them each three hundred dollars to fight me and I am going to  break them slow. Now I know you’re not here to watch....hell if I grew up here I would run away as well...but don’t worry man. I will take a whole lot of pictures of the damage.

Ata Tupoi opens the door, the sounds of bar noise coming through.

Duke: Rest up Rex. Spend some quality time with that Belt of yours because I am going to take it from you. I am going to take everything from you, and nobody will think we are in the same class ever again...hell man nobody is going to talk about you much after this Sunday. Enjoy your last few days of relevance Rex...we are going to have some fun.

Duke heads inside and lets the door close behind him as it fades out.  
user posted image