Author Topic: the big return  (Read 841 times)

Offline Tommy Staggs

• View Profile
    • Tommy Staggs
the big return
« on: April 20, 2013, 09:41:05 PM »
 ”Welcome to the greatest alternative talk show on the net, Web ODD-essies! It’s me, your host Dennis Martin, and we have a treat for you all tonight. Let’s talk Indy wrestling shall we? My guest tonight has been missing but he shocked the world with his return to NWA fed Sin City Wrestling just last week. This is a man that is going to bring the Staggs Brothers to a whole new level”

The cameras zoom into the view of a set with strobe laser lights then quickly zooms out so you can see all of the colors that are strobing, blue and white... then you see a green biohazard symbol. As the camera pans over to Dennis, his brown hair is flipped over the right side of his face with a black beenie on his head. He is wearing a tight black NWA logo t-shirt with colorful sleeves tattooed on his arms. He has gauged ears and a lip ring. He is getting the audience to clap loud as the show gets underway.

Dennis: And his name is Tommy Staggs. This is the man who is going to single handedly take the SCW over the top, and to a whole new level.... Well I’ve kept you waiting long enough...... here is the man we’ve all been waiting for.

As the cameras zoom to the right side of the stage, lights start flashing around and strobing, the speakers start blasting “Fire It Up” by Thousand Foot Krutch, then Tommy Staggs comes walking out with a very confident look on his face. Then you see Tommy Staggs making his way to the set as he waves at the cheering fans. He gets them all into it as he runs around the stage like a wild man. Tommy has made it around the stage and the audience is freaking out, as Tommy sits in a second black leather chair...

Dennis: Looks like the crowd just got "Terrorfied", right Tommy? Haha yeah, welcome to Web ODD-essies. It’s great to have you.

Tommy: No man, it's awesome to be here. Thanks for having me.

Tommy reaches over and shakes hands with Dennis before waving to the fans. He sits back in the chair to get comfortable.

Dennis: No problem, dude. First off, I think everyone is wondering where the hell you went? I mean you busted on the scene and had a lot of promise and then you disappeared. What’s going on with that, Tommy?

Tommy: People say I am extreme when I fight. I did a lot of underground stuff between the time I left GCW and when I joined SCW. I like to fly high over my opponents because lets face it… it looks kinda badass. Whenever someone doesn’t know how to work with a wrestler like that, they make mistakes that hurt someone. Old Skool broke my wrist and broke my ankle. I had to do some physical therapy to get back to one hundred percent. When I finished with that I wasn’t sure I wanted to come back for a while. But I realized it is in my blood. My dad, my uncle, my brothers, and a few of my cousins wrestle. And I’m damn good at what I do.

Dennis: Yeah man. I feel ya. How do you keep you’re piece of mind, you know, having such a dangerous job?

Tommy: Well I like to hit the gym, party, and chill with my brothers Jamie and Spike, spend time with my niece and nephew. Then there is the girlfriend who is gonna kill me if I don’t do this. I love you Desiree.

Tommy looks at the camera and waves to Desiree as the audience makes some noises like “awwww”. Tommy looks back to Dennis who just laughs at him.

Dennis: Well that life is a pipe dream for me. Who knew that being a wrestler was a lot like being a rock star? So you got back into the spotlight on your brother Jamie’s web show Dumbass University. Since he stopped making it how have things gone?

Tommy: Well Dennis with all honesty... he’s a douchebag! I love him because he’s my brother but you have to admit he’s kind of a douche, right?

Dennis: Dang dude that’s kinda harsh isn’t it? I'm assuming that there is still a beef going on between you two...

Tommy: No, I have no beef. I have chicken.

Dennis: Okay that makes no sense. I guess mental issues run in the family so lets move on to something more simple...

Dennis laughs and Tommy looks at him like he is offended. Tommy gives him a playful shove and then turns back to the audience like he is asking if Dennis wants to get his ass kicked.

Dennis: No it’s true. Spike’s a little demented. Jamie is a dumbass. You are like a mix, and your uncle is just… I don’t even want to go there. So anyway, one very frequent question we like to ask is do you smoke...

Tommy: What are we talking here a little grass or are we talking cigarettes? No I’m kidding. I don’t do any of that stuff. I've seen what it does to people... However I do drink on occasion.

Dennis: Well that’s great... I smoke like a freakin’ chimney.

Tommy: Yeah I bet you do stoney.

Dennis: Well we have a special guest just for you... I bet you weren’t expecting that were you?

Tommy: Oh, um… okay...?

Dennis: We would like to welcome......... Jamie Staggs!!!!

The cameras zoom to the side as “Party Hard” by Andrew Wk plays and the lights start strobing again. Jamie Staggs comes walking out with a stupid look on his face and his arms out at his side as he does the airplane move across the stage. He stops and spins in front of Tommy and bangs his head to the music. Tommy Staggs just comes running up for a hug. As he lets go, he slaps Jamie in the face hard enough to drop him to the floor.

Tommy:THATS TWO, THREE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie: F*** you scro.

Jamie wants to slap his brother but he stops and sits down next to him instead. He rubs the side of his face and a blurred finger is seen on the screen. Tommy and the audience laughs at Jamie’s misfortune.

Tommy: I love you too bro.

Dennis: So Jamie, we've heard that Tommy owes you five slaps to the face... what’s that all about?

Jamie: Well I told all of my friends on a Dumbass University webisode almost two years ago that if they could break my focus on my match, then they get to slap my face five times..... This idiot brings in a huge box wrapped in Christmas paper, full of fireworks and blows them up almost like right in my face...!

Dennis: Well that sure as hell would break my focus pretty damn quick. Can you imagine that?

Jamie: Haha! That’s for damn sure, scro.

Tommy: That was my first thought. Everyone else was trying stuff like water guns and airhorns. I know what happens when my brother is set on doing something so I had to break out with the big guns.

Jamie and Tommy have a playful slap fight and they laugh while they are doing it. Tommy punches Jamie in the gut, but Jamie hits him right between the legs for payback. He points and laughs at Tommy as Dennis looks at Jamie now.

Dennis: Well Jamie, welcome. You and your brother are close. Do you think he is ready to return to SCW so soon? I mean he has a big match coming up when he faces “Primetime” Matthew Kennedy, Casey Williams, and Argento. Rumor has it that the winner will be the number one contender for the Roulette Championship where it is anything goes.

Jamie: Come on! He’s a Staggs. Of course he is ready to kick some asses. If you were anywhere near us when we all learned to wrestle, we were fighting on trampolines and in back yards with fluorescent bulbs and ladders. We are always ready for anything so Tommy got this in the bag scro.

Tommy: Primetime said a lot of shit about me but I don’t think he is ready to back it up. Everyone says Spike is the wrestler of the family but they don’t see what Jamie and I can do. We are happy for Spike because he works hard and deserves the fame. That doesn’t mean that me and Jamie are just going to lay down for anybody to beat up on us. They are wrong because we trained as a family so we are all better than Matthew Kennedy could ever be. It’s cool people get jealous of us but it happens when you are unstoppable I guess.

Dennis: Ouch to Primetime. How do you feel about your other opponents?

Tommy thinks about it for a minute. He taps his chin and then shrugs his shoulders. Instead of answering he just sits there to spend more time thinking about it.

Tommy: I’m not like a mean guy or anything but Argento is just kind of a douche. He is like Giani Di Luca’s thin and pale cousin who stole his nickname of Italian Stallion. I would say he sucks, but that’s Primetime’s job. Casey has got some skills but he seems way out of it right now so I don’t see him being a big deal in this match.

Dennis: How can you say that when Argento like almost schooled you and Blade Alexander at the last big Super Card?

Jamie: Like Tommy said he thought he was ready to come back, but he just wasn’t. Why would he try to win something if he wasn’t sure he was feeling it? Like duhhh it doesn’t make sense.

Dennis: Makes sense. Well I wish you luck. And just like Jamie’s career lately, he was just meant for back up with no real contribution.

Jamie went to say something but Dennis holds his hands up. He puts his hand on his headset and puts it up a little bit. Jamie gets angry and red faced and he just shakes his head. Tommy laughs at him when Jamie balls his fist up to punch him in the nuts again. Tommy covers up and Dennis laughs.

Dennis: Well this ends our segment of Indy day. Thanks for coming on and we will catch you later on Web ODD-essies!

Tommy: Alright.

Jamie: Laterzzz scros!

The audience cheers and Tommy and Jamie get up from their chairs. They shake hands with Dennis when “Fire It Up” by Thousand Foot Krutch plays again and the show goes off the air.

Eighteen hours later.....

Tommy wakes up to put on his Ramones shirt, black and white converse shoes, cargo pants, and wallet chain. He approaches his green Ford GT car and takes off to the gym.. He has a busy day ahead of him because he wants to make sure he is in top shape to return to the ring again. He drives around listening to The Misfits on his CD player. He enjoys the weather big time with it being so nice outside that he hardly remembers the drive itself.

Tommy walks into the gym and puts down his duffel bag. He immediately starts lifting weights. He wants to be ready for anything his opponents could throw at him. He gets in a few good reps while continuing the music on his iPod. He wipes off his forehead and walks over to the speedbags, boxing away at them. He really enjoys hitting the speedbags. Tommy is going to have a big fight with Argento, Primetime Matthew Kennedy, and Casey Williams just might have some advantages like speed and technical experience or even endurance that he doesn’t because of his absence.... So he just might have to watch out, stay back and wear them out... and then running in with raining attacks

He notices his phone is ringing off to the side and he stops the bag from swinging. He pulls out his headphones and picks up his blinking phone. He smiles and puts it to his ear.

Tommy: Hey bebez.

Desiree: Hey sexy, how’s the gym going? You’ve been gone for almost two hours and you didn’t even wake me up.

Tommy: It’s going pretty good. It just seemed like you were so peaceful that I couldn’t wake my sleepy angel.

Desiree: We are so gross aren’t we? Well I got good news.

Tommy: Oh yeah? What is it?????

Tommy gets ready to head something extreme like “I’m preggers” or “We should get married” and he gets a little nervous. He sits down on a weight bench and braces himself for what is to come.

Desiree: I just bought myself a Ford GT just like yours! I got a really good deal on it.

Tommy: Sweet babez!

Tommy wipes at his forehead and takes a deep breath. He avoided that argument and he stands back up again. He props the phone to his ear and starts back on the speedbags.

Tommy: I’m so excited to be back in wrestling. I wish you would think about doing it again someday. Hell you almost won a Heavyweight title didn’t you?

Desiree You know how I feel about that. I’m scare that you could get hurt again. I mean I didn’t think about it until you actually did get hurt bad last year. I worry about that.

Tommy: Sweety I know you used to wrestle but, baby I love what I do.

Tommy speeds up his punches and breaths harder when he tries to get to the speed he wants. He makes the loud sound echo off of the mats on the walls.

Tommy: Every day we face risk and danger, so how does wrestling put me in anymore danger than everyday life?

Desiree: That is true, but I just dont want my baby getting hurt is all... You know I hated seeing you like that. Plus the stuff with your uncle is just a lot to see Spike get attacked a few times. I just worry. Is that sick?

Tommy smiles and laughs as quiet as he can.

Tommy: I love you so much...

Desiree: Awwwww I love you too.....

Tommy: What do you think about going out tonight? Sort of like some celebration for my return to wrestling?

Desiree: Sounds amazing babez, where to?

Tommy stops the bag and takes another deep breath to calm down. He walks over to a treadmill and starts going fast as he can. He breathes careful as he talks to his babez.

Tommy: Wherever you want.

Desiree: Well I say we should go to the mall and hang out see a movie , and come home. I will cook for you and we can have a nice candle light dinner and cuddle up and watch any movie of your choice. Just nothing too pussy, please.

Tommy: Yeah like I would suggest something like that. Only my girlfriend would call Twilight “pussy”. I was curious and I accept blame for that. But the evening sound perfect.

Tommy is happy and he smiles.

Desiree: Okay baby! See you in a bit.

Tommy: I gotta go hit the showers so we can do this thing. I can’t wait to get home because I need to have a night to stop thinking about this match. There is so much pressure.

Desiree: Okay, I love you. Just relax and you will do fine okay?

The phone clicks and Tommy slows the treadmill. He gets off and picks up his gym bag and walks to the locker room so he can shower. One thing is for sure. Tommy Staggs is back and he plans to get the gold.
>