Author Topic: Following Into the Void  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
Following Into the Void
« on: June 18, 2012, 02:36:26 AM »
 Into the Void had been a big success and the high felt by many of the Sin City Wrestling superstars and Bombshells continued on, even after Mark Ward and Christian Underwood thanked everyone for attending, congratulated the stars on a show well done, and the Earl Wilson Stadium emptied into the night.

The vast majority of those wrestling stars then saw fit to take part in the time honored tradition of gathering at a local bar or nightclub to celebrate and mingle with their peers and the fans who knew where the sports entertainment social gathering would be occurring.

In this case, Gabriel of the Seven Deadly Sins managed to get the Luxor management to reserve the famed Aurora nightclub for he and everyone else in the SCW who wished to attend and bring the evening to a close with friends, fans and a bottle of Jack thrown in for good measure.

The Aurora, located just beyond the reservations desk of the Luxor lobby, had it's name coined by the most unique overhead lightning displays, set to mimic the Aurora Borealis or Northern lights.

Staff and star alike sat at the tables, booths and around the bar, drinking and talking as various fans moved about to ask for autographs and pictures while the stars swapped stories with one another over the evening' events. Several fans of the female persuasion (aka ring rats) moved about and stuck to their intended target's sides for the night, hoping for an invitation to return to their hotel.

The music gave the entire place a relaxed atmosphere for everyone there, and Gabriel was one of those stars standing at the bar with his back turned to the bar while he spoke with Bo Dreamwolf who had a young woman of Asian descent on his arm, and the two lovely SCW reporters, Pussy Willow and Rocky Mountains both with glasses of wine in their own hands. They all laughed merrily at a story Gabriel had just finished telling them when Despayre (and yes, Angel) came running up.

Gabriel turned to his little buddy who was still wearing his tag team title belt backwards around his waist. He said, "Despy! Where've you been hiding all night?"

Despayre looked back over his shoulder and seemed to relax before he turned to Gabriel and answered, "Well first I had to lose this really weird girl who kept trying to follow me since we got here! e was dressed all like those funny girls in those clubs you and Shane go to."

Gabriel smirked and looked to Bo and then Pussy Willow and Rocky, knowing that his 'little buddy' had caught the attentions of a ring rat.

Despayre continued, "But then I had to keep Synn distracted until you got here. Did you bring them?"

"Mm hm. I brought `em." Gabriel answered and he leaned back on the bar and picked up a couple of department store boxes, one long and narrow, the other medium sized. Both were adorned with a wrap-around ribbon. Despayre made 'grabby hands' at them and was alive with excitement as he took them from Gabriel.

"Who are those for?" Pussy asked. "Got a girlfriend we don't know about Despy?"

Despayre made a face, closing his eyes tightly and sticking his tongue out with an audible "BLAH!" and he turned and scurried off.

Bo looked at Gabriel and asked, "What was that about?"

Gabriel winked, "Just a little something he asked me to help him with. Something a certain someone won't be expecting."

Despayre maneuvered through the crowd in the Aurora, bobbing and weaving between groups and avoiding the random females who tried to engage him until he came upon a booth against the far wall where only one person was seated in a relaxed posture. Synn, a glass of whiskey in his hand, almost started as Despayre jumped over the back of the booth and landed right beside him.

"Joshua!" Synn exclaimed. "Christ you almost made me..." He looked down and saw the two boxes in Despayre's hands being offered to him with outstretched hands. "... And what have we here?"

"It's a surprise!" Despayre beamed as he shook the boxes lightly, urging Synn to take them.

Synn frowned in confusion as he slowly reached up and took them in hand, looking at Despayre and he asked, "A surprise... for me?"

Despayre nodded eagerly, "Open them!"

"Alright." Synn said, setting his glass of whiskey down on the oval table that dominated the booth and he took first the long, flat box and undid the ribbon around it. Popping off the lid, he lifted a neck tie from it. The tie was a deep, red color and would match Synn's more traditional all-black attire perfectly. Synn looked at Despayre and lifted an eyebrow.

"Do you like it?" Despayre smiled. "Gabriel helped me pick it out."

"It's very nice."

"Open the other one! Hurry! Angel's all a quiver!"

Synn looked down at the second box and he pulled the ribbon from it and when he lifted the lid from it, he stared for a moment at the contents. Despayre watched with eager eyes as Synn lifted from the box a baseball cap with the logo "World's Best Dad" on the front.

"I picked that out myself!" Despayre said proudly. "Okay, maybe Angel helped ... a little bit."

Despayre grabbed the cap from Synn's hands and before Synn could utter a protest, Despayre fit it snugly on top of his scalp. Despayre then leaned back and put a forefinger to his lips and closed an eye, inspecting.

"Hm." he mused. "Maybe I should have gotten a larger size. Your head is kinda big."

"No." Synn smiled as he started to reach up to remove the cap, but seeing the proud smile on Despayre's face, he lowered his hands, thinking not to disappoint the young man. "It's fine. But what's the occasion to give me such nice gifts?"

Despayre blinked and he shook his head slightly before saying, "You mean, you don't know?"

Synn shook his head and Despayre rolled his eyes and gave him a faux sigh of exasperation. He said, "Read the card, silly! Be right back! Angel wants a Cherry Coke!"

Despayre jumped up and hurried off over toward the bar, Synn's eyes watching him every step of the way. He watched as Despayre said something to the bartender and only then did he himself turn back and notice the card at the bottom of the second box. Synn picked it out and slid his thumb along the seal, splitting it open. He pulled a colorful greeting card from the envelope and gave it a once over. On the front there was a big teddy bear (of course) holding 'paws' with a smaller one. He flipped it open and the inside was blank, save for some crude, child-like lettering. Despayre's hand writing.

It simply read,
"Happy Father's Day.
Love Joshua and Angel"
>

"A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved - and therefore he lives."