Author Topic: My Chance...My Time..  (Read 1423 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
My Chance...My Time..
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:59:15 AM »

Date: September 5th, 2013

The camera opens up inside of a rather nice hotel room on the beachside in St. Thomas.  Sin City Wrestling is currently on tour of various beach locations in the Caribbean Islands, and St. Thomas is the next stop.  To those who don't follow Sin City Wrestling...THE Sin City Wrestling...it might seem odd that a company based out of Las Vegas would be touring the Caribbean, but they had made it a yearly tradition to tour different locations, and it just so happened that the superstars in SCW had voiced their desire to tour here this year.  And they all got their wish.  

So who does this hotel room belong to for the week?  Take a look into the camera and you'll see.  The pale skinned dark hair beauty is seated on the bed, looking directly into the camera with a smile.

"I guess I should start things off by saying hello to everyone watching.  Whether you are part of the EWC roster, or otherwise.  I know there are quite a few people watching this.  Some of you may know me, but I'm sure quite a few more don't, so let this be my introduction to you all.  My name is Misty, and I am a proud part of the Sin City Wrestling roster, representing the Bombshell Division."

Misty crosses her left leg over her right, and places her hands on the bed, leaning back slightly.

"The other Sin City Wrestling, by the way.  The Sin City Wrestling owned and run by Mark Ward and Christian Underwood.  I don't know about any other Sin City Wrestling out there, but the one I work for is, in my opinion, nothing less than amazing.  I couldn't ask for a better place to work for.  But I guess I'm straying from the whole point of this video, aren't I?  No one wants to hear about the company I work for.  You all want to hear about me, right?"

Misty takes a moment to glance to her right, looking out her window at the sunny beachside, and she turns her attention back to the camera.

"As I sit here in front of this camera, I'm forced to look back on my career and everything I have accomplished.  Why, you might ask?  The answer is simple.  It is because, today, I made the decision to enter into the King of The Cage tournament, and that decision could have one of two effects on my career, but it all depends on the outcome, doesn't it?"

Misty closes her eyes and nods, thinking back on her wrestling career.

"I've competed in tournaments before, but something about the King of The Cage tournament seems more important than anything I've ever done in my career thus far.  I was a three time GXW Women's Champion, and ultimately the last Women's Champion.  I was the NeWA World Cruiserweight Champion.  I'm a three time SCW Bombshell Champion and one half of the current Bombshell Tag Team Champions, but to most of you that all pales in comparison to the King of The Cage tournament.  When it all comes down to it, that means nothing going into this tournament."

She stands up from the bed and walks out of view of the camera for a moment.  When she returns, she is holding her tag team championship belt.  She takes her seat on the bed once more, placing the belt beside her.

"This matters to me, yes, but to other sixty-three participants in the King of The Cage, it's meaningless, because once I step into that ring against whomever my opponent should be, all that matters is my performance in the ring at that moment.  I will admit that the first round of this tournament will perhaps be the most challenging for me, because aside from one or two people, I know nothing about the rest of the participants.  I don't know what I've gotten myself into."

She looks down at her tag team title belt, then runs her hand over it.

"I'm the only one representing my Sin City Wrestling, and because of that, there is more pressure on my shoulders.  It is a bigger burden for me to bare, should I get eliminated the first round.  I will not only disappoint Sin City Wrestling, but I'll disappoint myself as well."

Misty raises her head and looks back into the camera, a determined look appearing in her eyes now.

"I can't allow that to happen.  I don't care how bad any of you want to win this tournament, or how confident you are, I won't allow myself to walk away on the losing end.  I need to win this one, because I'm not getting any younger.  I've done so much in my career that this could be my only shot.  I don't know what the future holds for my career, or how much I have left in me, but one thing is damn sure."

She pauses for a moment, silently looking into the camera with fire in her eyes.

"King of the Cage 2013...is mine.  Any other outcome is just unacceptable.  See you all in November."

Misty then stands up from the bed and walks over to the camera.  The scene fades to black just as she leans in and hits the power button.

Date: Sunday October 6th, 2013
Chicago, Illinois

It's a week away from SCW's next supershow, High Stakes III.  For the first time in quite a long time, Misty has been given this show off.  Surprising, considering she is one half of the Bombshell Tag Team Champions, but wouldn't you know that just a couple weeks before such an important show, her own tag team partner up and quit with no clear reason why.  While that situation is currently be dealt with, Misty is left with nothing to do..at least as far as SCW was concerned.  

She decided, however, to take this opportunity to start thinking about her first round King of the Cage match.  She had been informed her first opponent would be against someone by the name of Savannah.  A woman whom she knew nothing about, but that didn't matter right now.  She had plenty of time to do some research.  As for now, though...She decided to take a side trip and head back to the city where she was born.  The city that, no matter how many bad memories it held, would always be her home.  She couldn't deny Chicago a place in her heart, because it was where she her love for wrestling first began, and she couldn't find a better way to get into the right mindset for King of the Cage then to return to Chicago..,to the local gym where her training first began.

She hasn't been here in years, and as she stands outside the front entrance to the gym, looking at the outside of the building, she was hit with sudden regret.  How could she not return sooner?  She wasn't even sure, until now, if the building was still open, or if it was still run by the same man, but she had to give it a shot.  She takes in a deep breath and grabs a hold of the handle and pulls the door open.  She is immediately hit with the sounds of training sessions going on inside, and it brings on a sense of nostalgia to her.  As she walks around the front office, she looks around.  The set up has changed, yes, but the various pictures and certificates hanging on the wall lead Misty to believe that it is indeed run by the same person, and it brings a smile to her face.  

As she is looking around at the pictures on the wall, several framed photos catch her eye.  She walks over and stands in front of them, wide-eyed and in shock.  She's staring at photos of herself...highlights from important matches from her career, from her days in GXW up until recently in SCW.  Her achievements were being shown off to the promising young men and women that walked into these doors.  She is almost brought to tears, but she is quickly interrupted as a voice behind her startles her.  A familiar voice.

"Hello there.  Can I help...you..."

The man's voice trails off as Misty turns around to face him.  His eyes light up in surprise, but a smile creeps over his face.

Misty: Frankie?!  

Frankie: Well I'll be damned.  If it isn't my favorite pain in the ass student.  Misty what the hell are you doing here, and how the hell have you been?

Misty walks over to Frankie and the two embrace in a quick hug.  She takes a step back and looks around.

Misty: I've been good.  I wasn't even sure this place was still open, much less if you were running it.  It was a long shot, but I guess it paid off.  How have you been?

Frankie: Oh same ol' same ol'.  I'll never get rid of this place.  You know that.  

Misty: You've had this place over twenty years, Frankie.  All good things come to an end.  

Frankie: That is true, but the day this place comes to an end is the day I'm dead and buried.  

Frankie glances past Misty to the photos she was just looking at, and he points to them.

Frankie: I love showing those photos off.  I make it a point to tell all of my students to pay close attention to those.

Misty turns around and glances at them quickly.  She lets out a laugh and shakes her head.

Misty: I can't believe you did that.  I wasn't expecting to see that when I walked in here.  Why would you do this?

Frankie: Why wouldn't I?  

Misty shrugs, but a smile creeps over her face.

Misty: I don't know.  I was such a pain in the ass back then, Frankie.  Hell, a lot of people would tell you now that I still am.  Why would you show off my achievements like this when I drove you crazy the whole time you trained me?

Frankie lets out a laugh and pats her on the back.

Frankie: That's exactly why.  Misty, you may have been a major pain in my ass back then, but all of these photos are proof that hard work and persistence pulls off in the end.  You're my biggest success story to walk out of this place.

Misty: Maybe I was, but I'm not so sure these days.

Frankie: You're joking, right?

Frankie has a baffled look on his face as he stares at Misty.  She shakes her head but doesn't even utter a word in response.  Frankie shakes his head then grabs her by the arm, leading her away.

Misty: What the hell?  Frankie, what are you doing?

Frankie: I'll be damned if I'm going to stand here and let you start talking like that.  It's time for a wake up call.

Misty: I can walk myself, you know.  Where are you taking me?

Misty's question is soon answered as Frankie leads her down a hall and through a set of double doors and directly into the gym.  A wrestling ring is set up in the center of the rather spacious gym and spread out around it is various exercise equipment and mats for multiple training sessions.  Two promising young wrestlers are sparring in the ring, while others work out around at their separate stations.  Misty looks around, confused.  She doesn't notice a rather built and ragged looking guy glance over in their direction from across the room.

Frankie: Look around you.  What do you see?  

Misty lets out a laugh.

Misty: Have you been drinking?  

Frankie: Answer the damn question, Misty!

Misty jumps a little as she wasn't expecting Frankie to yell at her like that.  

Misty: Frankie, I don't get what all of your wrestling equipment has to do with--

Frankie: Not the equipment, Misty.  The people.  Study the looks on their faces...the fire in their eyes.  

Misty: What about it?

Frankie rolls his eyes and lets out a frustrated sigh.

Frankie: You used to have that same fire and determination, Misty!  Hell, it was probably a stronger in you than in a lot of my students now.  I've been keeping tabs on your time in Sin City Wrestling the past couple of years.  You shouldn't be this down on yourself.

Misty: I don't know, Frankie.  The longer I'm in this sport, the more I start to realize I don't know how much longer I can do this.  I'm not getting any younger, and each time a newer younger Bombshell is signed to SCW, it's thrown in my face.  I'm losing steam.

Frankie: So you came back here to do what exactly?  Throw in the towel and give it all up?  

Misty shakes her head and looks around the gym again.  Watching the various training sessions taking place brings back memories of her time here.

Misty: No, that's not why I came here.  I was hoping...I don't know what I was hoping for now.  Nevermind.  Clearly I made a mistake coming here.

Misty goes to turn away, but Frankie grabs her arm and stops her.

Frankie: No you didn't.  Something is on your mind, and you're going to talk about it.  Let's go into my office.

The man across the room who has been staring in their direction the past several minutes watches as Frankie leads Misty into his office and closes the door behind him.  Frankie takes a seat behind his desk, propping his feet up on the desk, while Misty sits in the chair on the other side.  Frankie folds his arms and looks at her with a pressing glare.

Frankie: Alright, talk.  What's going on?

Misty: I entered a tournament last month.

Frankie: Okay?  What's so wrong about that?  You've been in tournaments before.

Misty: None this big, Frankie.  None this important.  There are sixty-three other people in this tournament, and most of them I've never even heard of.  There is a big prize on the line too.

Frankie nods, trying to understand what Misty is feeling, but he doesn't.

Frankie: I still don't get why that is effecting you like this.  I don't understand why that has suddenly made you think you've been anything but successful throughout your career.

Misty: It's not that I don't feel successful.  I know I've accomplished a lot, but what happens if I lose this tournament?  More importantly what happens if I'm eliminated in the first round?  Do you know how much of a disappointment that will make me look like?

Frankie: No, I don't.  I shouldn't have to tell you this, Misty, but if you walk into this tournament with that attitude, it will effect your performance in the ring.  Don't go in there worrying about losing or disappointing everyone else, because the only one you can disappoint is yourself.  How long have you been in this business?

Misty closes her eyes and thinks for a moment, then ultimately shakes her head.

Misty: In all honesty, I've lost track.  Old age getting to me, you know.

Misty cracks a smile and Frankie even manages to do the same, but it is only for a moment and the serious expression returns moments later.

Frankie: Don't you go bringing old age into this.  You're still years and years younger than I am.  Age doesn't mean squat in this business and you know it.

Misty: Do I, Frankie?  Because I'm starting to think that maybe it does.  I'm starting to feel it in my bones.  Maybe that is the sign that I shouldn't have entered this tournament.

Frankie shakes his head.

Frankie: From where I'm sitting, I don't agree.  I think everything is in your head, and that is what is holding you back.  Tell me something, why do you want to win this tournament?  Why did you enter?

Misty: Because I want to represent SCW.  I want to do them proud.  I want to show them that, regardless of all the hell I've caused, I can show everyone what we're about in Sin City Wrestling.  

Frankie: So you didn't enter just for the prize then?  The glory?

Misty shakes her head and leans back.

Misty: Maybe the old me would have, but no, that is not why I entered.  I'm not doing this for myself.

Frankie: That right there...is proof enough that you made the right decision, and regardless of what happens, Sin City Wrestling will be damn proud of you.  I'll be damn proud.

Before Misty can respond, the door to Frankie's office opens and the guy who had been staring in her direction before walks in.  Frankie seems rather irritated at his intrusion, but Misty takes one look at him, and her eyes light up in surprise.

Misty: Holy shit!  Seth!  

She jumps out of her seat and up to him, and the two embrace in a hug.  Frankie rolls his eyes but watches on without a word.

Misty: How the hell have you been?  It's been years!

Seth: It sure has.  What are you doing here?

Frankie: Having a conversation with me.  Don't you know how to knock, or do I not pay you enough to do that?

Misty glares at Frankie for a moment, then turns her attention back to Seth.

Misty: Paying?  Oh, Seth, please tell me you aren't actually working for him now?

Misty tries to hold herself back from laughing, but she fails.  Seth rolls his eyes as Frankie laughs too.

Seth: It's a sad fact I'm not too thrilled about honestly, but yeah, this jurassic asshole is my boss now.  

Just then Misty's phone starts ringing inside her pocket.  She pulls it out and looks apologetically at the two after glancing at the caller i.d.

Misty: Crap.  I've gotta go.  I'm late meeting someone.  Frankie, thank you for the pep talk.  It really did help. Seth, you and I really need to catch up.  I'm in town for a few days.  Do you think we can find time to talk?

Seth: You know where to find me now, don't you?  

Misty: I guess I do.  I'll catch you guys later.

With that, Misty quickly heads out of the office and leaves the building.  Seth gives Frankie a questioning look, but Frankie just shrugs his shoulders and then tells him to get back to work before he starts going through some paperwork on his desk and the scene fades away.

Date: Monday November 4th, 2013

The camera opens up inside the home of SCW Bombshell, Misty.  Her open suitcase is placed on her bed, and she can be seen walking around, gathering clothes and belongings and tossing them inside.  She takes a brief break, and sits down to face the camera.

"It's almost time.  Round one of the King of the Cage tournament is just days away, and I have to admit, I've been experiencing some pretty mixed emotions over the last couple of months since I entered.  That's not something I should really be admitting, considering my opponents will use any and all weaknesses they can find to their advantage.  But do you want to know something?  I feel good.  In fact...I feel great."

Misty smiles brightly, a trait not too many have seen from her very often over the last year at least.

"I've had my doubts and insecurities...I won't lie.  But I'm finished with that.  I'm sweeping all of that under the rug, because honestly, I know I'm above that.  I entered this tournament for a reason, and I'm not going to go out there and prove anyone who has ever doubted me right.  I'm going to prove them wrong.  I'm going to step into that ring on Saturday night and do what I do best...I'm going to do what I love, and I'm going to put on one hell of a show for everyone out there.  The only question is...Will Savannah do the same?"

Misty closes her eyes for a few moments, imagining in her mind that it is already Saturday night.  That she is in Toronto.

"Savannah...a woman I know little to nothing about.  Up until just a couple of days ago, I had never even spoken to her, but I suppose she is doing the smart thing by attempting to get to know me...her opponent.  I can't say the same, but I will tell you all why.  It is because I'm walking into this tournament with a different game plan, and it will either work in my favor, or it won't.  Either way, it will not hold me back from giving one hundred and fifty percent, because that is what I do."

Misty looks down to the floor for a moment, choosing her next words in her mind.

"Of course I wouldn't love anything more than to win this tournament, but not for the same reason as probably the rest of you who have entered...Probably not for the same reason as you, Savannah.  I'm not in this to prove that I'm the best.  I'm not in this for the big cash prize.  I'm in this because this could be my last shot to do something great with my career.  I've done so much already, but this is King of the Cage, right?  This is me, you and sixty-two other people all doing everything in our power to make it all the way to the final round and pull off the victory.  This is huge, Savannah."

She takes a few moments, looking straight into the camera.

"I don't know about any of the other entrants in this tournament, but I'm not going to sit back and guarantee that I'm going to win.  I'm not going to do what so many others are going to do and talk a big game and claim to be the best, because when it all comes down to it, I might very well not be.  And that is perfectly fine by me.  I'm going to walk into Toronto with my head held high with only one goal...to represent myself and Sin City Wrestling with pride.  This is my chance...my time...And I'm going to make the best of it."

She closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath.

"You, Savannah...are just the first stepping stone on this path to redemption.  The person you think you are facing on Saturday doesn't exist anymore, sweetie.  The woman you are digging up information on in hopes of making it through to the second round is gone.  You don't know who you're going to step into the ring against on Saturday night.  I am neither afraid nor intimidated by you, Savannah.  If anything, I am daring you to bring your worst, because it will only make me work that much harder.  I'll see you soon, Savannah."

With that final message, Misty stands up from the bed and heads over to the camera.  She hits the power button and the scene fades to black.
>