Author Topic: "Analyze This"  (Read 356 times)

Offline Gabriel Cross

• View Profile
    • Gabriel Cross
"Analyze This"
« on: July 05, 2015, 10:55:27 PM »

\'user

"Analyze This..."
Chapter 004

July, 2015, 1600 Hours
Fredericksburg, Virginia, U.S.
[[Therapist Office]]

Are you ever at that point where you feel like nothing can go wrong? Like you are at the top of the world and everything is going absolutely perfect for you? Right well that’s how it was for me until recently when I come to have my wife Alexandria and 3 year old daughter Cynthia Cross kidnapped by a prison escapee by the name of Desmond Tombs.

On top of that the unforeseen closure of one of my places of work, that place being New Edge Wrestling. Then the unexpected departure from 4 Corners Wrestling happening all in less then a month. One would say the name “Gabriel Cross” was bounded by a string of misfortunes and bad luck and that it could only get better from there but could it really?

Could it really get better? I questioned myself as I found myself sitting in an empty house with beer cans, and liqueur bottles surrounded me from every angle imaginable. Why was there empty cans and half drank bottles of liqueur laying around because it seemed like everything I touched crumbled beneath my feet... Lets look at this a month ago shall we...

One would say it was going quiet well for me and I say that seeing how I landed my first wrestling contract that wasn’t an independent contract with some backyard or regional promotion. This contract came in the form of the wrestling promotion known only as 4 Corners Wrestling a promotion run and owned by wrestling promoter Perry Wallace.

Having been signed to 4CW I made on official debut within the promotion under its Fistful of Friday brand against two other newcomers to the promotion, them newcomers being Dante Albright and a man simply known as Lucifer. I’d come to win my debut match in 4 Corners as I lifted Lucifer up into a fireman’s carry and dropping him onto my knee hitting my finishing maneuver “Cross Rhodes” which allowed me to get the 1... 2... 3... Count over Lucifer and my first career victory within 4CW...

Having showed promise I was instantly moved up to the main roster that be Adrenaline, though not under an exclusive contract I also caught the attention of someone else another promoter by the name of Jesse Styles. Styles wasted no time in reaching out too me in hopes of getting me to sign a contract deal with him which I did as I wanted the exposure...

And then it happened, the unexpected... the kidnapping of my wife Alexandria and daughter Cynthia Cross. Kidnapped by a prison escapee by the name of Desmond Tombs. A name I knew all to well, yea sure you could put the blame on me even point the finger at me and say it was my fault that my wife and daughter had been kidnapped, but in all honesty nobody could have known it was going to happen unless they were our lord and savior...

So With the kidnapping of my wife and daughter, this... This... Is where some if not all would say the ground beneath my feet began to crumble and I couldn’t argue with them on that for they were exactly right. After the news had hit of my wife and daughters kidnapping the news had leaked out to every social media website known to man...

If that wasn’t bad enough I was scheduled to appear at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on behalf of New Edge Wrestling for my debut match within the company against a man by the name of Ralphie though before that match would come to place NEW’s owner Jesse Styles would come to make an announcement that would come to shock the industry, that announcement being NEW would be shutdown operations until further notice leaving some of New Edge’s talents without a place to perform...  

Though fortunately for me I had 4 Corners to fall back on, though that’d come to fall through when I’d come to have a problem off camera backstage which resulted in my termination from the company due to disagreements between both parties, and well not under contract with 4 Corners I walked a week before my scheduled match against Ramona Lee Epps.

One would say this was good seeing how it’d allow my team and myself to focus more on the capturing of the prison escapee known as Desmond Tombs, but it wasn’t for it only made me think more about the welfare my wife and daughter and caused me more pain seeing how we hadn’t gotten any closer to capturing Tombs or getting my wife and daughter back from that scumbag...

And then the news would announced of my wife and daughters deaths, when my team would come to find their lifeless bodies outside a warehouse Tombs had been hiding out in. It would be during this time Tombs would deliberately come to threaten the life of my partner Lawrence Wright making me take his life... Within the force we call this Suicide by cop... I thought to myself as I sat there laying across the brown leather sofa in the therapist’s office.

Gabriel Cross: “You know killing my wife and daughters murderer wasn’t something I planned on doing right?”

Therapist: “I know it wasn’t Gabriel.”

Gabriel Cross: “I just couldn’t have allowed him to kill another person you know...”

I said with such disdain, the bitterness soured my mouth. As I sat up from the laying position I was in as I reached for a glass of water from the very glass pitcher that sat on the glass table down in front of me. There was a slight amount of dew along the outside of the pitcher.

I pulled the glass to my mouth and quickly downed a sip or two as I continued to think about the reason why I was here in the office of this here therapist. You have thought I’d have been happy seeing how I redeemed Tombs of the debt he had brought upon himself, though I couldn’t seeing how I was under investigation for having killed him in what everyone else including myself would have thought was a case of self defense...

MURDER...

Murder is what they were trying to have me tried for, claiming I murdered that scumbag Desmond Tombs due to him having murdered my wife Alexandria and our 3 year old daughter Cynthia Cross... , though with very little evidence holding me responsible for the murder of Tombs I’d come to be set free...

FREE...

Free is what they told me but I wasn’t seeing how they placed a condition on me, that condition being that I enter rehab and counseling for my depression, it would be during this time I would be relieved of my duties as a Lieutenant of the sheriffs department of Fredericksburg, Virginia as I sat starring across at the therapist as she continued to jot down notes.

Gabriel Cross: “You know it wasn’t easy doing what I did that day right?”

Therapist: “Well Gabriel, whoever said it was?”

She asked me already knowing the damn answer as she peered over at me, over her oval shaped eye glasses; her age showed her wisdom, something most therapist could only dream of having.

Gabriel Cross: “Everybody. EVERYBODY assumes the life of a law official is all cherries and whipcream but it isn’t. It’s one of the most stressful jobs out there and well sometimes you have to do things you don’t necessarily agree with or want to do...”

I said taking another sip of water before setting the glass of water back on the glass table down in front of where I sat sat comfortably on the leather sofa.

Therapist:  â€œCorrect me if I’m wrong Cross...”

She said as she addressed me by my last-name as I looked up from my position I had been sitting in.

Therapist: “But wasn’t you’re father who you followed in the footsteps of because you admired him so dearly? You’re father is the reason you joined the marine corps, and furthered your training by joining the sheriffs academy and working your way on up the ranks from Deputy Officer to Detective to Lieutenant. If you hadn’t fallowed in his footsteps where would you be at today Gabriel? Where?”

Gabriel Cross: “I honestly couldn’t tell you where I’d be at only the almighty lord himself can answer that!”

Therapist: “I take it you are religious eh Gabriel?”

Gabriel Cross: “Born a Catholic even was an altar boy when I was younger, so yea I guess you could say I am!”

Therapist: “Was your wife Alexandria Gabriel?”

I chuckled at the thought of what the therapist had just asked me before answering her question.

Gabriel Cross: “Was my wife?”

Therapist: “Yes Gabriel was your wife religious?”

Gabriel Cross: “More so then me, having attended church every Sunday and helped out around our family’s church as well more then I ever did due to me having a unusual work schedule...”

Therapist: “That would explain the cross necklace you wear around your neck then huh?”

Gabriel Cross: “You mean this?”

I said as I took it out from underneath my shirt and held it so she could see it.

Therapist: “Yes.”

Gabriel Cross: “Yea my wife got me this on my 28th birthday, I’ve worn it ever since then...”

Therapist: “Ah I see...”

The therapist as she glanced up at me before lower her head slightly down as she wrote a few more notes on her note pad.

Therapist: “So tell me Gabriel why do you believe or think Tombs targeted your family?”

Gabriel Cross: “I honestly couldn’t tell you...”

Therapist: “Oh come on Gabriel now, we both know if you want to get back to serving the Fredericksburg community again as a law official you have to open up more and tell me. So what is it the reason that you got to believe or think as to why he targeted your family as Tombs didn’t just wake up one day and say to himself... ‘O I think I’mma break out of prison today and go kidnap some sheriffs wife and daughter and then kill them before I give myself up...’ now did he?”

I chuckled a little bit from what the therapist had said as I looked at her before shooting up from my seated position. My hand flails toward her direction, extended to emphasize a point.

Gabriel Cross: “You’re right...”

I said before pausing as I  sat back down rubbed at the back of my head, my styled hair moving from it’s designated place for only a moment, it’s product bringing it back as I breath in heavily and exhaling slowly before continuing on, as she leaned forward.

Gabriel Cross: “My apologies Doc. It’s just... It’s just you’re right, he didn’t just kidnap and murder my family for no parent reason he got revenge on me for breaking the trust he bestowed upon me when I had went undercover, under the alias of Damien Thorne...”

Therapist: “Ah so there’s the truth eh Gabriel?”

Gabriel Cross: “Yea doc I was undercover working as a drug smuggler for Tombs’ motorcycle gang the Hell's Angels!”

Therapist: “You went undercover within the Hell’s Angels and lived to talk about it?”

Gabriel Cross: “That I did doc and our lord almighty kept a watchful eye over me while I was undercover...”

Therapist: “Is that what you think Gabriel?”

Gabriel Cross: “I do indeed doc...”

Therapist: “Why do you praise a false god Gabriel?”

Gabriel Cross: “False God?”

Therapist: “Yes, well how do you know he even exists?”

Gabriel Cross: “I don’t but that doesn’t stop me from believing in our lord and savior, maybe you should try to believe eh?”

I said as I pushed on up from where I sat at and headed on over to one of the massive floor-to-ceiling window panes and began staring on out down across the city, various office buildings, cars and people could be seen scattered about the downtown area or so it seemed as I stared on out of the window...

---

“Here’s a little wrestling history lesson for you all, did you know professional wrestling once had a foundation, a basis to say the least that laid out what was acceptable and what wasn’t acceptable. Wrestling was conducted under a panel of rules that were once enforced, unlike today’s wrestling... You see wrestling wasn’t always about the fame and fortune it brought along with it, in fact it was about pure competition and who could out wrestle one another.”

“Wrestling Promoters built their very promotion on the competition and foundation of who the better competitor was in and out of the ring, it wasn’t about the fame, nor the fortune that came with it. It was about the competition and that is no longer seen, why you ask? Because the values that once were seen in this sport no longer exist.”

“Guys like Orville Brown, Lou Thesz, “Nature Boy” Buddy Rodgers, Killer Kowalski, “American Dream” Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race an so on and so on it was guys like them who knew what true competition was all about and more so showed it. They hated the idea of gaining a victory over their opponent by Disqualification, Count Out, or Injury. “

“It was men like them who built the very foundation that is the industry of professional wrestling. They had values and lived by them very values that built this industry we are all now apart of some 50 years later, only to have it demolished over night by promoters who could careless about the Values that those men built, values that consisted of Pride. Honor. Respect. Tradition and Loyalty...”

“It was because of guys like them that the fans come to watch each and every week cheering, and booing the competitor of their choosing either because that competitor either didn’t follow the rules and broke them or they followed the rules and were loved. But either way they never once had other people doing their biding for them, the settled it inside that squared circle against one another.”  

“It wasn’t until the 80’ and 90’s when the face of professional wrestling would come to see factions appearing and interfering in match’s that they weren’t apart of, promoters swaying and screwing over the face of their promotion, and just like them promotions before it, Sin City Wrestling is no different...”

“Sin City Wrestling; catchy name now isn’t it? I honestly think it is, I mean is definitely caught my attention, and the more I kept an eye on this place over the last few months that I’ve attended its shows the more I come to see the Corruption within in... It was then when I would come to be approached that I didn’t even need to think twice about signing the dotted line to the contract...”

“Then again the name says it all Sin City a place full of corruption. Sin and Lust... Now I know not a lot of you know who I am and if you do its because of my time in 4 Corners Wrestling and New Edge Wrestling, two places just like this place that are full of corruption. I however honestly don’t give two shits if you know who I am or not, because honestly, none of you matter to me.”

“I could care less if you cheered me, booed me, or wear my merchandise. I am here for one thing and one thing only, and that is to restore the values that once were seen in this sport of ours. Them values being Pride... Honor... Respect... Tradition,  Loyalty... 5 values that once were taught and drilled into us as children, 5 values that are no longer seen. 5 Values Sin City Wrestling no longer has nor probably had in the first place and it probably started from its name...”

“I mean lets face it, its owners “Hot Stuff” Mark Ward & Christian Underwood have over time been swayed to do one thing or another all in the name of gain, that my friend is corruption, for one should not be swayed to do something for ones own gain and those two men, the very men who hired me on have been known to be swayed from time to time.”

“Now I know targeting Ward and Underwood would do me no favors, nor get me on their good sides, but the truth must be told, them two men have had their hands dirty on more then one occasion, you see unlike most who are here for one thing, and that one thing being success built not on or around the 5 values but on the status of money and fame.”

“You see something I’ve never once thrived to have was money, nor fame for those very two things can corrupt someone vary easy and very quickly, I however thrived on pride, Respect.. Tradition and my loyalty yeah sure the money is nice and so is being recognized by a total stranger who just wants maybe two minutes of your time, but they are also the two things that will corrupt you, as the old sang goes money is the root of all evil and that my friends is no lie...”

“Sin City is full of corruption and it is up to me to restore it to the values it once had before it becomes a statistic of failed promotions much like the many before it over the years... And it all starts at Climax Control when I come to take on a man who looks to redeem himself at the cost of yours truly, that man being Cashus Clay...”

“Clay you and I will come to face off against one another at Sin City’s flagship show Climax Control that will be airing live from the Royal College Sports Complex in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Nothing will be on the line other then pride and bragging rights.”

“To be honest I couldn’t have asked for a better opportunity then this... And that’s debuting against the man known as Cashus Clay whom is known by the monikers of Old Skool and the Sensational One. Our match Cashus is quiet simple its the oldest wrestling match known to wrestling fans and its the most traditional match in wrestling.”

“That match being a singles match. It consist under One bout. A set of Rules. Two Competitors of course them competitors being you and I, them rules consisting of either A.) Win by win pinfall which means pinning your opponent and gaining victory by pinfall over your opponent B.) Submission which means making your opponent submit by tapping out. Or C.) Knockout which is just as it sounds knocking your opponent unconscious until they are no longer or considered fit to continue on...”

“Old Skool you know nothing of me other then what has been said about me over social media or by those who have come to compete against me which leaves you with very little information. Though unlike you I have a degree of information I can find on you from your recent loss at Into The Void for the SCW Roulette championship too your first loss here in Sin City too your first victory...”

“Old Skool my friend you have built up quiet the history and come our debut match you will come to pay for the injustice you’ve brought upon yourself and those you’ve used as stepping stones to get to where you are at. Our match will not be some walk in the park as many match’s have come to be for you, for this time you won’t be having it easy...”

“I can almost guarantee our match won’t be an easy one for either of us. You looking to correct the loss you suffered at Into The Void just recently and me the man who is looking to make a statement that won’t be forgotten about, more so staggering on in the back of the head of those who have brought injustice to this company that is Sin City Wrestling...”

“Old Skool you will be the one I use to make that very statement, a statement that is so bold, so intense that it’ll only bring question to what I have planned next or who I plan to target next...”

“Old Skool”

“Sin City Wrestling...”

“I am Gabriel Cross...”

”I am The Scarred Sentinel...”

”I am Wrestling’s White knight and I have arrived...”

“Let the Crusade began...”

“For I am here...”

“Better believe that!!!”

-----

Therapist: “Maybe one day Gabriel, maybe one day I will...”

Gabriel Cross: “Why do you look down upon me and my beliefs doc?”

Therapist: “I don’t I just find it hard to believe in something that isn’t there you know?”

Gabriel Cross: “No I don’t doc now if there isn’t anymore to our session than we are done here, because honestly what does my faith in the lord have to do with my therapy session?”

Therapist: “Actually your faith in the lord has a lot to do with today’s session seeing how you my friend feel guilty for the deaths of your wife and daughter... You seek redemption and hope for forgiveness. It is because of that you found god isn’t it?”

As she said that I chuckled with laughter at the thought of what she just said.

Gabriel Cross: “So maybe it has a little bit, but then again I’ve always believed in the lord, prayed before I went out on my patrols or before I began my scheduled shift when I was a Lieutenant for the sheriffs department...”

Therapist: “You honestly did?”

Gabriel Cross: “Yes I honestly did, it gave me comfort knowing... Just maybe he was watching over me you know?”

Therapist: “I guess...”

Gabriel Cross: “You guess huh?”

Therapist: “Well Gabriel our time is up!”

She says with a cold demeanor as she slowly gets on up from where she is sitting in her office and walks on over to her office desk, taking her glasses off and placing them on her desk, as she takes her seat behind it.

Gabriel Cross: “I guess I’ll see you next week eh doc?”

I tell her as I slowly walk on off toward her office door. She says nothing, as I reach the door, twisting the handle, she speaks up once more...

Therapist: “Just remember this Gabriel no matter how hard you pray, or put your believe in the lord nothing will bring them back, not a single thing and though do know this, and I say this because I know your wife and daughter wouldn’t want you suffering over their loss, they’d want you to continue living your life in happiness Gabriel...”

She said as I turned back just slightly enough to see her, though at this point arguing with her wasn’t worth it as I nodded in agreement as I twisted the door handle pulling in as it slowly opened, as it opened, I walked through the door. Once through the door, the door slowly closed behind me as it did a single metal name plate sat quietly on the front of the door. Etched into the silver plate, the name of the therapist; Genevieve Cross M.D.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:17:09 AM by Gabriel Cross »
>

| The Scarred Sentinel |
| SCW Record  |
W | 1 | L | 0 | D | 0 |
| VICTIMS |
| Old Skool - 1 - |