Author Topic: A Sweet Beginning  (Read 348 times)

Offline Char Kwan

• Enter The Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Char Kwan
A Sweet Beginning
« on: January 30, 2015, 10:23:15 PM »

Soft gray clouds are starting to roll into the city of Shalom. It is a small city just outside of Salt Lake City. Even though it looks like a very unpleasant day, the citizens of this small city aren't phased. They continue with their everyday lives as if the sun was blazing down on them. The Sweet and Salty Diner is the town's popular choice for dining. Everyone comes in here for everything from just a cup of coffee to a straight up meal. The crowd never seems to be ugly to wait staff as they work hard to make the dining experience a joyful experience. One man in particular has enjoyed this plus as he is always coming around 11 am like clockwork. He always sits in the corner booth close to the back door. He uses this booth to watch Candace Overton work as if he was mesmerized by the movements of her body. He even pulls out a tape recorder from inside his jacket and small notepad for taking notes. This day in particular he turns to a blank page to start his observations.

"It is September 24, 2014 probably close to 11:30 in the morning time. I just sat down and she has yet to notice me. Someday I think I should be bold and tell her just who I am. However I am glad that we haven't spoken yet. The only time we speak is when she is taking my order. Why they kept her beauty a secret is beyond me? I just can't stop myself from gazing upon her incredible physique. First thing I notice is how captivating she can be when she swingings her brown curly hair from side to side and the way she stands behind the breakfast bar just boggles my mind. I just want to get lost in those brown eyes but I should bring a pair of sunshades just to keep myself from going blind. I mean her smile makes the sun seem very weak."

One of Candace's coworkers walk up to the man's booth and somehow interrupts his train of thought.

"Can I start you off with a drink?" the waitress asks him as he slowly turns his head toward her.

A slight creepy smile comes across his face as he slowly looks her up and down. The waitress isn't hard on the eyes apparently as her golden blonde hair is pulled up into a nice looking ponytail. Her emerald green eyes sparkle in the lights as this man seems to be smitten with her. However she is starting to get a little impatient.

"What can I get for you sir?"
asks the waitress who is beginning to get very annoyed right now.

"Can I get your number?" the man blurts out without even thinking about it.

A small giggle escapes from the waitress as he sinks back into his seat.

"I meant what did you want to drink sir?" responds the waitress after the poor attempt at flirting by the man. He sits back up while returning his gaze toward Candy.

"Can I get her to take my order?" says the man while pointing his finger toward Candy who was leaning against the bar.

The waitress looks down at his finger then follows the trail it was pointing at as she raises one of her eyebrows. She looks back at the man before shrugging her shoulders. She moves away from the table and heads for the breakfast bar. The man ducks inside the booth trying to keep himself from being spotted by her.

The waitress taps Candy on her back before coming face to face with her. Candy looks at her coworker with a mixed look on her face.

"What's going on Mer?" asks Candy while looking real confused at this point in time.

"You won't believe this but that guy sitting over in the corner booth by the door. Well he is requesting that you take his order. You must have some kind of spell over him or something?" Meredith replies as Candy also lifts one of her eyebrows in the air.

"Why do you say that for Mer? Maybe he just wanted someone with a little more class? Haha"

"Open your eyes Caroline, that guy has been in here everyday basically staring at you. He even has a notebook with notes on you. Notes that range from how you walk to how you stand. I have dated a lot of creeps in my day and let me tell you. This guy is either a creep or some government official planning to draft you for something."

Candy doesn't respond after the small conversation as she stares off into the distance. She stares like this in order to flashback to 2005 when she was undercover working as a call girl. She was trying to stop a human trafficking ring in the underbelly of Salt Lake City. However the case went south when her cover was blown by some random locker sweep. After her cover was blown she dropped off the covert agent radar.

She snaps back to reality as her colleague shakes her a little. Candace looks over her shoulder and sees the man peeping his head out. She looks a little harder as the man's identity becomes a little more clear for her. A look of anger slowly comes across her face as she picks up her recent book and walks out from behind the bar. Meredith has known that something was going on but decided not to pry.

The man tries desperately to hide when Candace comes walking toward him. She stops three quarters of the way there when she stops to catch her breath. She looks out the window while keeping up her appearance.

"Hello sir, welcome to the Sweet and Salty Diner, would you like to try our pretzel crust pepperoni pizza? Can I start you off with something to drink?"

"Hello Lady Stryke, we have been looking for you."

Candace slowly looks back toward the bar as Meredith was busy with a customer. She then slides into the booth while looking the man squarely in the eyes.

"What are you doing her Smith?"

"I didn't think you knew who I was Lady Stryke or is it Candace now?"

"You didn't answer my question. Who else knows that I am living here? How did you find me?"

"Will you calm down for once in your life. No one at the agency knows you are here in fact it took sometime to finally track you down after you went off the grid. Are you okay? You seem to be very nervous."

Candy sits up and looks around them before leaning back down.

"I am going crazy Smith. I need some action back in my life. You have no idea what hell I go through each time I work here. Everyday like clockwork, I have some old man copping a feel or slapping my ass. It takes a lot of my energy to hold off from knocking them off their chairs. I need to get back out there. I need some ring time again."

Smith looks at his friend but confusion seems to have taken control of his facial features.

"What are you talking about Candace?"

"I miss tossing women by their hair across it. Man, talk about the best kind of adrenaline rush. I am talking about wrestling Smith. That is how those assholes knew about me. I come from a prominent wrestling family but circumstances that I couldn't foresee kept me from pursuing my own career. I need to get back into it and you are going to help."

"Just how am I supposed to help you or why should I help you?"

"Since I don't want to get back on their radar, I am going to need for you to get me at least three first class tickets to Belfast. If you don't help me then I will take to social media and tell the world who blew my cover five years back. Do you really want to go down that road?"

"I will see what I can do. If I do this then you will owe me big time."

"Fine, you come be my handler if you so desire."

"Why do you need to get to Belfast, Northern Ireland anyway?"

"That is for me to know and for you to find out. Now get out of here. I don't want anyone to know about this. I almost forgot, if you do this then I will let you sleep with me."

Smith's eyes widen as he quickly gets to his feet. He throws his notebook and tape recorder into his bag. He looks down at Candy with the thought that his dream is coming true. He turns and shoots out the door. As he turns the corner, Candy turns toward Meredith and nods her head. Meredith jumps over the breakfast bar and opens the front door.

"Sorry folks but we are closing early. Thank you for joining us but get out."

Everyone in the diner starts clearing out as Candy walks toward the bar. The last person exits the diner as Meredith shuts the door flips the sign around and pulls down all the curtains. Candy tosses her apron on the bar as Meredith wraps her arms around her. They share a passionate kiss before sitting Candy on top of the bar.

"Are we going to Belfast"

"Yes, as soon as Smith comes back with the tickets. It will be so great to get back inside the ring."

"How did you manage to get him to get us tickets?"

"Oh, I dangled a little carrot in front of his face. I mean if it wasn't for him blowing both of our covers then we could have gotten away with it."

"I thought that was water under the bridge. I bet those bastards have yet to figure it out. I better go pack."

Meredith gives Candy a soft kiss on the lips before walking through the swinging door that leads to the back of the diner. Candy watches her leave before looking at the empty diner. She walks over to janitor closet and opens it. She pulls out a broom and dust pan so she can start sweeping. While she started the cleaning process, she decided to talk about her upcoming return match.

"In 48 hours, I will be landing in Belfast for my first match on Climax Control. What makes this match special is that I will be making my in ring debut during Sin City Wrestling annual tournament known as the Blast From The Past. It is a tournament that is meant to show respect to those who helped paved the way for people like me and my tag partner. Yes, you heard me correctly. I said tag partner because this tournament is about pairing males and females together in mixed tag team action to see who can have the best team chemistry. On paper, my opponents seem to be the favorite to win this match due to their added in ring experience. I am sure everyone is writing off my team because of this being my debut.

I mean both Jessie and Andrew have nothing to work with when it comes to me. All they have is pure speculation. They don't have videos to watch, they don't have evidence to look over to form a relative good conclusion. All they can do is theorize about how horrible I possibly could be in the ring. If I was so horrible then why would Dory Funk, Jr. go out of his way to train me himself. Not to mention, Candice Michelle helped give me pointers as well.

I look at this match as my first test to see how tough the roster is but from first glance. I wasn't impressed at all. I mean Jessie Salco got beat by a woman named Zuri Justice during her debut match. It would appear that Jessie's track record against debuting bombshells is bad. I almost feel bad for her. I mean she has no idea what I can do in that ring but then again she would have to carry the deadweight of Andrew Garcia.

I heard that guy fades in and out almost like an AM radio station. Sometimes you can get something good coming out of the station but other times all you get is static. That is something you have to attest with Jessie. Like I said, I almost feel sorry for you but you know the saying. Almost doesn't really count. I know you have done a lot for the bombshell division and I respect that. However, this isn't a match about respect or even friendship. It's about getting my feet wet. It's about the Sweetness Meter getting to the top.

I don't really care if I have to carry my team because it kind of looks like I am. That is nothing new with me. I have always been the one who had to carry the dam load. It is almost like Dark Tiger is expecting me to do all the work and for him to receive the credit. Yeah, that will not be happening. If he can stop Andrew Garcia then I will do my best to keep Jessie Salco at bay. No matter what happens the sweetness meter will still be moving toward the goal. That goal is taking the bombshell title off the waist of the joke of the women population. Delia Darling, I hope you are ready because Candy Overton is coming for you. Til then I will go through every female on the roster. Unfortunately for you Jess, you happen to be right at the top of my list. I promise you that whatever happens, everything will be SWEET AS CANDY. Catch you guys soon.

Toodles."

Candy continues to sweep the floor as the scene starts to fade.