Author Topic: Matt Spears vs Damian Payne  (Read 297 times)

Offline Wong Fai Hung

• A Shaolin Monk
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
Matt Spears vs Damian Payne
« on: June 09, 2017, 11:06:19 PM »
 Chicago, IL
Friday June 09 2017
Off Camera

We see walking out of a Burger King with a BK bag with food, no drink. He crosses the busy street then across another street to hit the little mom and pop corner store. He guys a pack of Garcia Y Vegas Cigars, a 2 liter of coke and a party size bag of nacho cheese Doritos. Matt leaves the store now with his BK bag and a grocery bag he walks about 15 steps to a door that leads to apartments that sit above the store. He buzzed the doorbell of his friend Sem.

Sem: Who?

Matt: Delivery from We Killem and Grillem!

Matt can hear Sem laughing as he buzzes him in.

Matt opens the door and walks up to sets of stairs to get to the second floor. Matt opens the door to the apartment. And walks into Sem’s bedroom.

Matt: What up bro?

Sem: What’s good yo

Matt nods at Sem’s girlfriend Michelle who is coloring with there to daughters Kailani and Semiya. Matt puts the two bags on the bed. Matt hands Sem the box of cigars.

Matt: Hey Michelle, young ladies.

The girls giggle as Michelle gets up and gives Matt a kiss on the cheek.

Kailani: Hi Matt!!

Matt looks at the younger one waiting for it.

Semiya: Hi Jon Dough… he-he

Matt laughs as he looks at Sem.

Sem: He she loves the masked man what can I say.

Michelle: Hey Matt, let me just get the girls to their room before you guys start your thing.

Michelle looks at her daughters.

Michelle: Come on girls say bye to Matt.

The daughter says bye but the younger of the two smiles as she looks at Matt.

Semiya: Bye… Jon Dough!!!

The girl giggles and runs out the room as she goes to her bedroom. Matt and Sem start laughing before Matt yells at her

Matt: Yes Bro!!

A few minutes go by and Semiya opens the door.

Michelle: What did I say about just opening the door without knocking first. The 5 year old can’t help herself as she looks at Matt.

Semiya: YEA BRO!!!!

Matt Starts laughing as he takes a cigar and slices it down the middle. Semiya slams the door as Michelle gets up.

Matt: Hey Michie, it's all good she hasn’t seen me in a while, let her be.

Michelle: Fine and it’s about time you start calling me Michie as I was starting to think you didn’t like me.

Matt: Well I mean when we meant you said your name was Michelle so yeah.

Michelle: Well let me get a blunt I will roll one.

Sem: Hey so what's up with your match this Sunday bro, I mean it's been awhile since Matt Spears had a match.

Matt: It’s just a match nothing special really, same ol thing. SCW booked me and now they want me to hype the match up to help sell more tickets.

Sem: Did you do that yet?

Matt: Nope!

Sem: This motha fucker here, why not bro?

Sem says with a chuckle

Matt: I was waiting and hoping that the guy would had been nice enough to provide some kind of… resume

Sem bust out laughing

Sem: Resume, yea bro!

Matt: Not sure how else to word that with out you know

Sem: Bro, ain’t no 4th wall here, it's just us, there no camera’s nowhere. I get it he has no signup page.

Matt: No see I can't say, shit that don’t make no dam sign to me.

Sem: Sure it does, but…

Matt: Bro shut up!! It’s a portfolio of the wrestler, how about that, sounds better?

The two shake their heads laughing.

Michelle: You're both idiots.

And since you're being lazy, I got you, this blunt can wait.

Michelle gets up and leaves the room only to come back with with her two daughters. Sem looks at Matt.

Sem: You done did it now yo!

Michelle: Girls Matt has a match this Sunday

Semiya: Wait, you mean no Jon Dough?

Kailani: Jon Dough’s more funny then you Matt.

Michelle: Girls wait, look, Matt has not talked about his match to the fans.

Kailani: You mean no TV time?

The 5 year old looks at her 8 years old sister.

Semiya: It’s called a promo, DUH!!

Matt covers his mouth to hold his laughter

Michelle: SEMIYA!

Semiya: Well it is mommy, it’s called a promo.

Michelle: Well Matt is not doing one for his match.

The girls look at Matt. without missing a beat…

Semiya: What you think your Jon Dough or something?

Semiya places her hands on her hips as she moves her head side to side. Kailina looks on trying to hold her laughter. Michelle sides with her daughters as she looks at Matt with a look that can only be described as “What now”

Matt: Well I don’t know anything about this guy.

Kailani: So what, what would Jon Dough… wait never mind.

Semiya: No, Kailani is right what would Jon Dough… a long time ago.

Kailani: Yeah!

Matt: I see, well you make a good point.

Michelle: Yep!

Michele says with a bit of attitude. Michelle takes her phone out.

Michelle: No excuses, I got you right here.

Semiya: Can I record him Mommy?

Michelle: No sweetie but come sit on mommy's lap and we can do it together

Semiya jumps on the bed as she crawls on to her mother. Semiya hits record as Kailina gets shy and turns away so only the back of her head can be seen.

On Camera
We see to the left a pair of legs wearing bulls basketball shorts with white socks stretched out on the bed. A young girl sitting. On the edge of the bed with her back turned to the camera. All we can see is the back of a pink shirt and her black hair in a ponytail. Next to her leaning on a white wall between two windows is Matt Spears, wearing black shorts with a plain white tee. The NBA pre game show on the background just above Matt a bit to the right. A 17 inch flat screen that hangs in the middle of the wall facing the bed.

Kailina: So who are you fighting Sunday Matt.

Matt: Damian Payne.

Kailina: Does he have a picture I can see?

Matt: No not yet, I’m guessing he is waiting, I mean he has footage maybe for our match but I don't watch that into minutes before my match.

Kailina: Why?

Matt: I want to know what they say and I want it fresh in my head as I go to the ring, I feel like it helps me stay focus on my task.

Kailina: So you will win?

Matt: Well now Kailina, I will try my best.

Kailina: Hey, how do you um… get ready for him if you don’t know who he is?

Matt: Well there future SCW backstage reporter

We hear a slight giggles coming from a young girl from behind the camera

Matt: Well, I just do the training I always do and not worry about not knowing who he is. SCW hired him so that means he knows what he is doing and that is good enough for me.

Kailina: So then you win on Sunday!

Matt: How about this Kailina, I will try to win, but if I don’t you will still get to see the most awesome match ever.

Kailina: DEAL!!

Matt takes his phone put to check the time.

Kailina : Can I see your phone?

Matt: Sure.

Matt hands her the phone as she starts playing with it. A few seconds go by.

Kailina: Oh I see who you are fighting, she does have TV time and he is big, your going to lose Matt.

“Let me see” Is heard as we see a young girl crawling from behind the camera over to Kailina. She looks on then giggles.

“He is big, you're in trouble”

Kailina: Look!

Kailina gets up, out the bad and takes three steps over to Matt, she shows him Damian Payne footage.

Matt: So he's bigger than me, I can still win Kailina

Kailina: Oh no, you are toast mister!

Matt: We will see about that then huh

Kailina: No, your just toast.

The two girls start laughing as the video gets cut off.

Off Camera

Michelle: Okay girls let me make you a snack them it’s movie time.

The girls leave the room with there mom. Matt hears the game about to start on the TV.

Matt: Whopper or smoke first?

Sem: Smoke, then Whopper, then smoke again

Matt: Yeah that sounds a bit better.

Matt gets a video message. It’s the footage just taken by Michelle. He forwards over to the SCW production team so they can air it when ready.
user posted image