Author Topic: Breakaway  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Julianna DiMaria

• View Profile
Breakaway
« on: July 28, 2023, 11:46:26 PM »
July 16, 2023

Julianna managed to come away with a strong victory in her Sin City Wrestling debut against Blast from the Past finalist Dawn Warren. But, those that heard what she had to say before and after the fact know that for her, it was ‘just another day in the office;. Shortly after Climax Control finished airing, Julianna leaves a restaurant in Rome near the Colosseum and she finds herself shocked when there is a small group of fans that are waiting for her. There are some signs written in Italian that are actually supportive of her and knowing the language herself, she’s frozen in surprise when she realizes this small group of fans is actually rooting for her.

“The fans back at the Colosseum hated me but the ones here…” Julianna thinks to herself. “They’re on MY side?”

Julianna listens in on some of the supportive things that the fans are saying in Italian, among them…

“You wrestle just like your dad if not better!”

“We’re so glad you finally got to wrestle here!”

“You did such an amazing job representing Italy!”

“Please come back to us soon!”

Julianna has been around long enough to know that she has her fans that think outside of the conventional wisdom, largely the “Internet fans” that praise her on message boards if they’re not writing fan fictions about being with her. She rolls her eyes and turns, walking down the street and acting as if it’s no big deal. She finds it a bit difficult to get away from the fans without security detail, though they’re not seeking to harm her in any way. She does her very best to ignore all the autograph requests she’s getting from this small, but passionate group of people.

“People can love me, or they can hate me…” she thinks to herself. “But in all honesty? I don’t do what I do for them. I’ve been there, I’ve done that. It’s not for me. If I were to lower myself to the level of people like this, then I lose my edge. Period. In a company like Sin City Wrestling, I can’t afford to lose my edge like that.”

Eventually, the fans realize she’s not going to stop for them and they leave her alone but she’s not quite done getting away from people yet. An older man, about her father’s age, stops her in her tracks and recognizes her even though she may not seem to recognize the man herself right away.

“Julianna…” the man says in English, which catches the attention of the 28-year-old two time world champion. “...long time no see!”

Julianna narrows her eyes with skepticism, especially since the man has a slight resemblance to her own father.

“...I’m sorry. You are?”

“You don’t remember me?” the older man says in his Brooklyn-style accent. “You don’t remember your old Uncle Vito, eh?”

Julianna’s eyes widen as she DOES remember.

“I haven’t seen you since you were about half your size. I think you were what? Maybe 8?”

“...I DO remember…” Julianna doesn’t know what to think about this unexpected reunion with someone on her father’s side of the family. “I would’ve thought you’d been at my father’s funeral or something…”

“I was for a bit… but I missed you then.”

“Can I ask you why you’re here?”

“I just happen to be in town visiting my mother… your grandmother. I heard you were going to be here to wrestle and as it turns out, I was at the Colosseum.”

“So you saw me submit that idiot dog Dawn Warren?” Julianna asks with a scoff.

“I sure as hell did!” Uncle Vito says with a smirk on his face. “It was damn impressive. I’ve seen you wrestle on television a bunch of times, but it was the first time I got to do so in person. I gotta say, in person? Your skill is that much more impressive. Your old man certainly trained you well.”

“My mother trained me too, you know!” Julianna says with some anger in her voice as she folds her arms, clearly showing the displeasure at hearing a compliment about a father that she not only hates so much, but is trying to move on from.

“How’s Elise doing, by the way?”

“My mother’s fine” Julianna says with a sigh, showing some sudden discomfort. “But, hi, good to see you after 20 years. I’m glad you like my work. I mean, you seem to like it a hell of a lot better than my dad ever did.”

“I wouldn’t say that…” Uncle Vito says, largely assurring, but also unaware of the disdain that Julianna has for her father. “You reminded me so much of your dad out there. In fact, if he were still here, he’d be very proud of you.”

Julianna gets angrier and this anger is harder to hide as her uncle noticed her rolling her eyes.

“What’s wrong, Julianna? Did I offend you?”

“Did my father ever talk to you in recent years about our relationship?” Julianna questions, catching her uncle by surprise.

“He would always say that things between you two were always great and that he was happy with how quick and how strong you were moving up the wrestling ranks…” Uncle Vito answers, causing Julianna to laugh.

“And you believed everything that he told you?”

“He was my brother, Julianna. He’d have no reason to lie to me.”

“I hate to break it to you, Vito. He did. So much. I hate my father. In fact, I was hesitant to even come here knowing that I was coming back to his home country.”

“But it worked out in the end, didn’t it?”

“That’s not the point! I HATED my father. I didn’t cry at his funeral at all.”

Vito’s eyes are the one widening in shock now.

“He was your father, Julianna…”

“SINCE WHEN?” Julianna snaps back, further catching him by surprise.

“What do you mean since when? He raised you and took you under his wing to train you to be a wrestler. Well, he and your mother both, but you know what I mean. What happened? Why do you have so much anger toward him?”

“He would run me down and treat me like garbage every time I did something wrong. Look, with all due respect… I DON’T want to recap how he treated me in the early part of my career. I will say that there was plenty of verbal and emotional abuse and I always felt like no matter what I did, I was never going to please him and you suddenly waltzing back into my life, completely ignorant, singing his praises and telling me how all he did was say nice things about me when I know the truth about how he felt about me is REALLY triggering. I don’t even know why you even wanted to find me. It’s not like I wanted to go and seek out any extended family on his side or anything. I came to Rome just to wrestle and I’ve done that. I didn’t come here for unwanted family reunions. I know he was your brother and everything, but to me? He’s always going to be a piece of shit! Sorry… NOT sorry!”

Vito takes a minute or two to process what he just heard. Julianna is even holding back tears remembering that her father never wanted a relationship with her, but that he would tell extended family that everything was okay even though things weren’t. Vito lets out a sigh, which worries Julianna a bit.

“On one hand, you’ve been a very successful wrestler… even more successful than both of your parents…” Vito admits. “And whether you like it or not, much of your wrestling pedigree in the ring does remind me of him. You don’t exactly follow everything he ever did to a tee though…”

“You’re right, I don’t. I DID at first, but doing everything HIS way didn’t get me anywhere. Once I started doing things MY way, that’s when I actually became successful. But WHATEVER, you want to be an enabler of abuse, take his side, and act like my side of the story doesn’t FUCKING MATTER then be my guest. It’s not like I have anything to lose by just NOT being a part of this MESSED UP FAMILY!”

Vito tries to wrap an arm around her.

“Julianna, please…”

“Don’t touch me…”

Julianna gently moves away from her uncle.

“Just take my dad’s side and get it over with so I can be done with this fucking family already.”

“We’re not ALL like him, Julianna…”

“Wait… what?” Julianna says, surprised by what she heard.

‘Did your old man always tell you that you’d never amount to anything?”

Julianna nods.

“Join the club…” Vito says, shocking her.

“Excuse me?”

“I believe you. He would treat me the same way when we were growing up. I always thought it was a big bro, little bro thing but once I realized he was treating Elise the same way, I realized that was just his personality. I kept in touch with him just to stay cordial and to not hold a grudge, you know. But I was HOPING that he wouldn’t extend the way he treats people to you. I’m so sorry, Julianna. I should’ve known better.”

Julianna lets out a sigh, though not of anger, but more of relief.

“I’m so sorry, I thought everyone was the same as him” Julianna says, processing the shock of everything that she just heard.

“But look at it this way…” Vito adds. “...I said that you were just as good as him but honestly, you were even BETTER. I’ve never seen your father… or hell… even your mother with all due respect to her. You’ve got something that neither of them, especially your father, had and that’s a true, burning passion for this business. It’s no wonder that you became the star that they didn’t. I don’t need to know everything that your old man put you through because I believe it. What’s important is that you managed to get through it because you had the passion and the dedication to. I followed the careers of your parents before you were born and they were fine wrestlers. But, they didn’t have the “it” factor that you do.”

Julianna is still feeling conflicted knowing that this unexpected reunion turned out to be so much better than she imagined it ever could.

“I know that this is weird for you right now, Julianna…”

“Yeah, it is. But, I’m touched that my father’s side of the family isn’t full of fuck ups, you know. Look, I will be honest for you. I don’t do this for family, I do this for me…”

“No, I understand that. That’s how it should have always been and how it should always be. I’ve been following your career and I saw how you struggled at the start of it before you suddenly broke out and became the star that you’ve become and that you’re still growing into.”

“Thanks Vito… I mean that. Seriously. It’s not often that I actually get noticed for what I do in professional wrestling. It’s quite an annoyance if we’re being honest.”

“Family’s always going to appreciate you no matter what. Maybe that’s something you should start thinking about a little bit more.”

“My mother didn’t put you up to this did she?” Julianna asks, still expressing skepticism.

“I haven’t talked to her in years, but I’m glad she’s doing well.”

“What about my grandmother?” Julianna asks, suddenly taking an interest.

“As well as she can be for her age….” Vito mentions. “I think you were maybe 10 the last time you saw her.”

“Can I see her?” she asks all of a sudden.

“Right now? Well, it’s late and she’s probably out for the night. But, we’ll surprise her tomorrow morning. How does that sound?”

Julianna actually smiles at this.

“I’d love that. It was nice seeing you again and it’s nice to know that you’re not my father…”

The two embrace for a moment.

“Likewise…”

The two part ways shortly after that and now Julianna suddenly is in much happier mood than she would ever imagine she would be coming back to her father’s home country. Sher’s not the type of person that would admit this out loud, but she knows deep down that with deleting her father’s old voicemails and an unexpected reunion that went just as unexpectedly great, that she’s finally beginning to heal from everything she went through because of him.

Julianna however, happens to be deep in thought as she continues to walk back to her hotel.

“I’m fortunate…” Julianna admits to herself in her thoughts. “...not just from the fact that my father’s family isn’t so bad all in all, but the fact that I at least had ONE parent that wasn’t such a fuck up of a person… ONE parent that actually TRIED to understand me and pushed me not just to be better, but to break away.

…I’ll never forget the way she reached out to me during the rock bottom of my career…”

Christmas 2019

Julianna certainly had a difficult 2019 for the most part as far as her wrestling career is concerned. Then at the age of 25, she finds herself in the living room of her parents’s home. Her father is nowhere in sight as he had gone back to Italy to see his family and that’s exactly how Julianna prefers it. She’s lamenting many things at this point as she just sips some hot chocolate while rolling her eyes at the “Charlie Brown Christmas Special” that is playing on her mother’s television. Julianna clearly has no Christmas spirit this year as her mother walks in and sits down next to her.

“What’s wrong?” her mother asks, immediately knowing that Julianna isn’t right.

“It’s finally over…” Julianna responds.

“What’s over?” her mother asks, before suddenly widens her eyes. “Wait, you didn’t quit wrestling, did you?”

“No. But I left Portland Pro…”

Her mother takes in the surprise announcement that she just heard, smiling and then wrapping an arm around her. Julianna would normally resist in this situation, but considering her sullen mood, she’s not even doing so at this point.

“I’m glad. That place was making you miserable from everything that you were telling me.”

“I really do not want to talk about that place anymore. I just… I don’t know… all I can really say about it is that I just wanted a fresh start. I had my ups and downs while I was over there, but when it came to trying to break through and get to that next level, I just never could. This was definitely the worst year of my career so far…”

“Don’t give them that power, Julianna. You still managed to win a title there.”

“It wasn’t the worst year of my career because of them. It was the worst year of my career because I completely lost my sanity and I lost my identity and I lashed out in the worst way and I was nearly committed to the psych ward at one point…”

“You got better though…” her mother reminds her.

“Yeah, just in time for the holidays right?”

“You know how I asked you a few months ago why you behaved the way you did all year when you lost your mind? Are you ready to answer that question now?”

Julianna doesn’t even know whether to laugh or cry in the moment as she reflects on her 2019. She remembers how all she wanted to do was hurt other people threatening people with the worst kind of ultraviolence you can imagine from wanting to chop people up with chainsaws to threatening to burn people’s homes down. She feels nothing but shame, especially since her loss of self-control was by far the biggest reason fro 2019 being the worst year of her career.

“Yeah, I’m ready. I was lashing out because I wanted to burn down and destroy everything my dad taught me about professional wrestling. I lashed out because I didn’t want to do it his way anymore and I just didn’t know how else to go about it. I know I embarrassed you and worried you and I’m sorry for that. But, it was a culmination of years of abuse just coming out of me and taking it out on everything and anything in sight. I’ve had this business all wrong. But, I admit, it’s frustrating that I can’t reach my fullest potential. I look at everything around me, seeing wrestlers less talented than me win world titles, and I’m wondering when the hell I’m finally going to break through and win one for myself.”

“That’s all understandable…”

“I realize that doing everything my father’s way is no longer the way to go and I’m DONE following his example.”

“GOOD!” Julianna’s mother says with pride in her voice.

“I realize that the example I should’ve been following is yours all along.”

This comment catches her mother’s attention, but Julianna is quick to notice that her mother isn’t exactly welcoming this with open arms.

“My father was all about ego and making everything revolve around him. I mean for fuck’s sake, when I was born, he still kept wrestling instead of, you know, trying to be a dad and everything. But you? You were all about class, you were all about dignity. You were never a selfish person when it came to the business or anything. You gave up your career for me and I’m always going to appreciate that and you were successful back in Germany without ever having to resort to the crap that my father pulled in his career.”

“Right… yeah…”

“Wow Mom, I thought you would’ve been happy to know that I’m going to follow your example now…”

“Julianna… honey… I have a huge piece of advice for you that you need to hear.”

“What’s that?”

“Don’t…”

“Sorry?”

“Don’t follow my example. You followed your father’s and look where that got you. Of course, my example is a far better example, but ask yourself this. How many wrestlers in the business, especially nowadays, try to follow their parents’s example and wind up being flops?”

“A whole ton…” Julianna admits. “I’ve constantly beaten wrestlers like that over my own career.”

“Exactly. You’re struggling because you started trying to fill your father’s shoes. Don’t try to fill mine. In fact, when it comes to your own career, don’t even think or worry about me at all. This isn’t about me or making me proud. This is about you and your career. Do this for YOU. if you want to move past Portland Pro and if you want to prove that you are serious about being a world champion, that’s exactly what you are going to do. You are not me, Julianna. I never, ever expected, or even wanted you to be me. I’m going to tell you straight up, and I’m not saying this to put myself down or anything, but if you try to be me going forward in your career, you’re going to continue to struggle and you’re going to continue to stay stuck in mediocrity. I know I should’ve trained and taught you better myself, but if you take away ONE thing from ANYTHING I’ve ever tried to teachy you, for the sake of your career, it’s THIS.”

“I never thought of it like that…” Julianna admits as she takes a sip of her hot chocolate. In her own mind, however, she is starting to grow a bit confused. “...but… there’s a big problem. I get that you’re saying that I should do this for me and that I should do this my way… but… I don’t even know what ‘my way’ even is…”

Julianna’s mother lets out a sigh, knowing all too well how difficult it is to find oneself in this business. There’s some silence for a second as Julianna’s mother shuts off the television and processes how to proceed with how to help her.

“That’s why second generation wrestlers often fail…” Julianna’s mother adds. “They think that doing this the same way, or a similar way, that their parents do, is what is going to make them successful when it’s really their own identity that does it. The thing is, most second generation wrestlers are so tied up with trying to be their parents that they never find their own identity and as a result, they struggle like hell. I don’t want you to be another one of those second generation failures and that’s why I’m telling you this. Screw your father and hell, screw me too! Find your own way, find out who the hell you are in this business and start being successful the way you and I both know you can be successful, okay?”

Julianna is in a happy state of shock but her eyes are lighting up knowing that her mother effectively freed her from the pressure of ever having to live up to her parents and whatever expectations they once had of her when she first broke into this business.

“I won’t promise you’ll win a world championship…” her mother continues. “But I can promise you you’ll be more successful, and so much happier overall, with your career.”

“How do I start?”

“You start with figuring out who you WANT to be and what you’ll do differently to get to that point. It’s not as hard as you think it is, trust me.”

Julianna nods, understanding what she just heard.

July 16, 2023

“That conversation with my mother changed my entire career for the better and from a wrestling standpoint, giving me that advice was the best thing that she has ever done for me…” Julianna reflects as she gets closer to her hotel. “I look around and I see many Bombshells on the roster with family ties… whether it’s their parents or whether it’s anyone else that they are related to, and plenty of them fail to grasp what this business is all about because they’re stuck on the name of someone else when the only name that they should be worrying about is their own. Dawn Warren? Perfect example. I knew that bitch was beaten when the opening bell rang because all she gave a shit about was making the Warren name better… if it wasn’t her stupid wedding.

BUT… that’s what sets me apart from the back in the Bombshells division.

I am NOT relying on the legacy of a parent.

I am NOT trying to restore prestige to a name that was destroyed by others.

I am NOT giving a FUCK about disappointing someone that is close to me.

I am NOT giving a FUCK about living up to the prestige of a supposed wrestling school that half the Bombshells roster went to.

I’ve been there, and I’ve done that for the most part… and when I compete in my next match? They’re going to continue to learn exactly what I am all about and what I bring to this division…”

Julianna enters the hotel, obviously in a stronger, better mood with how well everything has gone for her in Italy up to this point.

July 28, 2023

The Old Summer Palace in Beijing, once a pride of the city, but in ruins since the 1860’s. Julianna stands near the center of the area with the camera on and she looks around with plenty to think about. Most specifically however, she is thinking about her match with Laura Phoenix. As far as Laura goes, Julianna doesn’t seem impressed by her. She knows that she’s a mother of a former Sin City Wrestling bombshell and she’s also aware of her success… or lack thereof, in the grand scheme of things. She’s feeling just as confident as she was going into her debut match as she begins to speak.

“I suppose visiting a ruined part of the city is fitting, yes? I mean, this is pretty much Dawn Warren after I was through with her. But you know what these ruins behind me also represent? It represents a legacy that one is trying FAR too long to hang onto. Let’s be real here. Beijing was once a destination city with all the history behind it. It was once THE place to be in the Far East. But over time, whether it’s because of all the environmental neglect or whether it’s because other areas of the region like Seoul and Tokyo have clearly passed it by, Beijing is no longer that destination. Beijing is a legacy in decline, one that people just don’t give that much of a damn about and it seems as though, in my book, this decline is going to continue. If that sounds familiar, this should remind you of Laura Phoenix… who… honestly? Just like this city, she’s hanging on to a legacy that is not as bright as it was and just like this city, she’s trying way too hard to stay relevant in the grand scheme of things.

And no Laura, I am not going to make quips or jokes about your age. I know that around this business, there are some wrestlers close to your age that are having the best time of their careers at the moment. But let me ask you this. Ever since you came to Sin City Wrestling, what have you actually… you know… ACCOMPLISHED? You’ve won just as many matches as you have lost, to be fair. You’re hanging in there decently, But when it comes to trying to make a name for yourself and taking that next step? You’re ALWAYS falling short! You couldn’t beat Kayla Richards for the Internet CHampionship at Into the Void… a match that I, by the way, happened to look at and I know that while you gave it your very best effort, you were simply outclassed in the end. You had your chance at Summer XXXtreme to be a champion when you fought for the Roulette Championship in that degrading, stupid spectacle of a pool match and you lost again. But hey, no worries! You got another chance to be the Bombshells Roulette Champion against Jessie Salco a couple of weeks ago and while I was making a serious impression and making a Blast from the Past finalist tap out to continue her downward spiral in this company, you were in the main event against Jessie…

Wait… WHAT?”

Julianna pauses and scoffs, almost as if she can’t believe what she just heard.

“...Jessie Salco and Laura Phoenix main evented a Climax Control? Oh dear lord, has this division accepted mediocrity to THAT degree that THEY are main eventing a show? Regardless of whether that is the case or not, the fact of the matter is, you couldn’t get it done against Jessie and you lost to her. Again. When I first heard of you, I thought of a woman that has made a name for herself over the years. But in light of the fact that you can’t even defeat one of the most washed women on the roster… and I don’t even know HOW she is the Roulette Champion at ALL by the way… maybe it’s about time you reconsider whether Sin City Wrestling is a good career move after all. I mean, you haven’t been TERRIBLE… but you’re just… THERE. I hear you talk leading up to the matches and it’s like you WANT to have that fire of the Phoenix, but you LACK in that fire. You barely had anything to say about the match at Summer XXXtreme. You just went on and on about how Mercedes respects nobody and how Jessie respects you and I look at that and go… “NO WONDER YOU LOST”...

Because as far as I’m concerned? This business isn’t about respect. You hold yourself back worrying about something so trivial and stupid. You think I’m going to walk n here having any sort of respect for you? NOPE! I don’t! I have no respect for someone that should know better being the veteran that she is when it comes to being a student of the game and evolving as she goes but ultimately, doesn’t. You even mentioned that you haven’t held a title in this business since 2016, which of course, was before I even broke the mainstream myself the next year, and shouldn’t that tell you something, Laura? Shouldn’t that tell you that maybe it’s time to change things up and take a different approach instead of doing the same fucking thing that you were doing seven years ago?

Apparently not, because after you lost to Jessie the first time and then happened to face her again two weeks ago, I didn’t see any sort of indicator from you that you actually learned anything from that defeat at Summer XXXtreme… and even if you did? There was clearly no indication at all that you applied anything you learned from that defeat, You took the open challenge from Jessie… but honestly, you should’ve just stood aside and let someone better take it. You went into that match with Jessie STILL lacking that fire… on top of the fact that you insulted half of my heritage doing that Roman Warrior bit in the Colosseum. YAWN! How stereotypical of you? How many people are going to do a promo at the Great Wall of China this week? But hey, it serves to further prove how DATED you are, not to mention that your motivations going into that match were beyond pathetic. No seriously, you were going into that match talking about what? The fact that your challenge to Jessie is something that defines your legacy and forces a path to redemption? And YOU are one to talk about low hanging fruit, right? Because as far as low hanging fruit is concerned, Jessie Salco might as well be among the lowest hanging fruit in the Bombshells division at the moment even WITH the Roulette Championship.

No seriously, think about it.

Beating JESSIE SALCO defines your legacy? THAT is exactly what I am talking about when it comes to a lack of fire, passion and drive because let me tell you something future grandma, and I mean that literally and not as a knock on your age, beating a Hall of Fame member on top of their game like a Roxi Johnson, for as fucking overrated as she is in general, mind you… THAT is a legacy definer. Case in point with the current Bombshells champion who literally did just that by dethroning the bitch. THAT is what you call having a passion and a fire for this and actually reaching for the damn stars.

But YOU?

You reach for fucking JESSIE SALCO? Are you KIDDING ME?

You have to beat HER to have any sort of redemption? Well congratulations, you LOST to her. AGAIN! So how is your legacy defined now? Just another Bombshell on the roster that isn’t standing out or making a name for herself at all? If that match with Jessie defines your legacy, then losing to her completely flushed it down the fucking toilet… as if YOUR DAUGHTER hasn’t done that enough in this company….

Julianna takes a pause, knowing that she’s REALLY about to twist the knife when it comes to Laura Phoenix.

“Yeah… I know ALL about your daughter. And hey, I wish her well with becoming a mother herself and everything, but when it comes to Sin City Wrestling and being unable to break through when it matters the most in this company and when it comes to a general sense of mediocrity, I look at YOUR career so far in this company and I also look at the career that Bella Madison had and the one thing that REALLY sticks out to me is that the mediocrity as far as Sin City Wrestling is concerned TRULY runs in the family. Your daughter was part of this company for HOW long? And how many singles championships did she win? Oh right, that’s a big fat zero. How many singles title matches did she have? If I have my knowledge of SCW history up to par, I’d say that number is at least in the double digits… and she lost every single one of them! Literally her only accomplishment was a Mixed Tag team Championship that she only lasted one supercard cycle with… and it’s representative of your whole family lineage considering that the only thing she ever did when she was in this company… wasn’t even something that she did on her own.

In fact, let me twist the knife JUST a little bit further…

Her lack of success in Sin City Wrestling? It’s the TRUE representation of your legacy… your legacy as someone who CLEARLY didn’t train her well enough and dare I say, it represents the fact that when it comes to the professional wrestling business, you turned out to be a FAILURE of a mother! I want you to think about your daughter’s career and tell me if you feel guilty about her lack of success here. I want you to consider YOUR career in Sin City Wrestling so far and I want you to wonder if you are TRULY setting a good example for her with how “mid” you’ve been so far.  Think about the grandbaby you’re about to have. Are you setting a good example for her? Are you?

NO! Someone like you is someone that SHOULD be doing better, but isn’t because they’re too satisfied with what they’ve done in their career and you think I AM? HELL NO! I’ve got a couple of world championships to my name. I was a champion as recent as this year, and you think I’m fucking happy? NO! You think being a Hall of Fame member of another company makes me happy? NO! You think being a wrestler of the year in another company satisfies me? NO! I came here, to Sin City Wrestling, because unlike YOU, I didn’t get fat and happy and satisfied! I came here to push myself further, to test myself against some of the absolute best and while I would personally consider you a stronger, better competitor than Dawn Warren, the fact of the matter is, you’re really NOT that much better than her! The fact of the matter is that your daughter turned out to be an also-ran in this company because whether she wants to admit it or not, she tried FAR too hard to follow your example…

She tried WAY too hard to live up to YOUR legacy… or whatever the hell is left of it at this point.

And what did that get her?

NOTHING but a tag team championship she only held for two months anyway.

I get it though, because I made the same mistake your daughter did when I first started my career and even though I accomplished this and accomplished that here and there, the fact of the matter is that my career didn’t start going places until I decided I was through trying to live up to the legacy of my parents. MAYBE instead of being selfish and trying to hang onto your legacy so damn bad, you should’ve done what my mother did with me and that’s sit her down and tell her to NOT follow your example…

…especially since… from the looks of things in your SCW career so far… it’s not even a GOOD example!

You should’ve let her experiment on her own and let her try to make a name for herself without trying to live up to what you’ve done in this business. Or I guess Sass and Bash and Wolfslair were attempts at that? Either way, neither deal worked out for her either.

You failed your daughter when it came to preparing her for this business, you failed her when you couldn’t beat Jessie for the Roulette Championship on two occasions and guess what? On Sunday, you’re going to fail her again because I am going to do what I did in my debut and that’s walk into that ring in a famous international landmark against someone that is coming off of a loss in a championship match and I am going to beat them because unlike you, unlike your daughter, unlike Dawn Warren, I don’t hold onto a family name like a crutch. I do what your daughter should’ve done and that’s break away from the family name and subsequently break away from the pack. Thank fucking god that my mother is a far better one than you’ll ever be, especially when it comes to the professional wrestling business and if you happen to hear my words and happen to get pissed off?

GOOD!

Because I don’t want the Laura Phoenix that thinks that beating JESSIE SALCO defines her legacy as if she is completely incapable of striving for anything higher. I don’t want the Laura Phoenix that speaks in platitudes and lives in this delusion that if she works hard enough and she tries SO MUCH that everything will turn out okay in the end. What I want is the Laura Phoenix on top of her game. I want you to show me ANY fire at all that you can give because the fact of the matter is, I DON’T think that what you’ve shown in Sin City Wrestling so far IS truly your best. Honestly. I want to know what all the hype is about and if pushing the right buttons is what is going to get the best aura Phoenix that I can get, then so be it because ultimately, when I DO beat you, I want to know that I got the best out of you and that I’m not beating someone that just might be hanging on for too long.

You TALK about having that fire within you… but either that fire just isn’t strong enough n the end or you don’t have the fire that you think you do.

But me?

I don’t just TALK about having the fire… I BE about it! I AM that fire… the one that’s going to burn you down to the ground! I’m going to be a champion around here before too long, mark my words on that, Laura. I’ll show you what a real fire looks like and after I beat you? Reevaluate things. Hell, reevaluate everything. Because I think more than anything, other than a TRUE fire you can ride to this REDEMPTION you want THAT badly, is a reckoning that you desperately need to light said fire under your ass.

BE BETTER, Laura…

Because settling for Jessie Salco to define your legacy then losing to her twice ain’t it.

Or are you just too scared to aim higher than that?

Well, this Sunday, that’s exactly what you get to do… and I’m about to reveal to the world exactly why you ARE too scared to aim higher…

I’ll show the world why breaking away from a legacy and doing right by you and you alone is the way to go.

Let Sunday be a lesson on how to TRULY build a legacy to be proud of…

Julianna leaves the scene, having no regrets about any of the stinging words that she just said. The camera takes one last shot of the ruins she spoke her mind from before the shot fades to black.