Author Topic: The title comes to Team Erick.  (Read 429 times)

Offline Lizzie Short

• View Profile
    • "The Prodigy" Lizzie Short
The title comes to Team Erick.
« on: May 17, 2013, 09:18:55 PM »
 As detailed in the promo he did for LOTR Jason Burnside was back and Matthew was refusing to elaborate on the situation and with his upcoming title match against Thatcher Rex this Sunday at Climax Control he already had enough things on his mind!

Seasons Restaurant, San Francisco, California
May 16th, 2013, 5:00pm

Well, this has been a stressful week, the only good thing that’s happened is the fact that with my assistance Team Erick has secured another victory over Team SCW but with Jason Burnside’s return and his motivations unclear there is a lot on my mind, and that’s not including the Main Event.

I have seen Thatcher’s promo and I’m not impressed, he thinks that he can judge my skill despite never wrestling me before? He’s in for a nasty surprise if he’s expecting an easy match against me because for him this match will be anything but easy, but me on the other hand? It may well be the easiest match of my wrestling career.

I’ll elaborate on that in a moment but for now I will set the scene for you, due to the stressful week I’ve had Marty has booked us a table at a restaurant in the city and whilst I would rather be preparing for my match against Thatcher Rex I will admit that this is something I need right now, the Skar Bros are at the same table as us and they are talking amongst themselves whilst we wait for our meals.

“They are certainly taking their bloody time preparing our meals.” I grunted as I glanced around the restaurant. “I wanted my steak medium rare, it can’t honestly take this long to cook it!”

“Well there is the fact that it’s a busy place.” Marty pointed out and as much as I wanted to admit it he had a point, I’m honestly surprised that he was able to book a table for four in the first place. “Well, that and the fact that they’re preparing our meals as well.”

“The food had better be worth it.” I said as I took a sip from my drink. “You know what else will be worth it? Beating Thatcher Rex and finally winning back the SCW Roulette Championship. “I added as I set down my drink. “Ever since Casey beat me for the title I have not been able to win it back.”

“Yeah, I know, and then there was your little trip to the Heavyweight Division that led to you joining Team Erick in the first place.” Marty added and I frowned. “What? It’s true.”

“Marty, even if I had won the SCW Heavyweight Title that night I would’ve found an excuse to join Team Erick.” I responded as I took another sip. “Whether it be Christian’s incompetency or Mark’s corruption I would’ve joined Team Erick regardless.” I added with a frown. “But on the other hand the straw that broke the camel’s back was the fact that I never got my rightful second chance at the Heavyweight Title, instead I’m back chasing the Roulette Championship!”

“Well now that Erick’s the majority owner maybe you should petition him for that second chance.” Marty suggested as he took a sip from his drink. “You know if you lose the shot at Thatcher.”

“I won’t lose but I’ll still take it into consideration.” I responded before noticing a familiar scene on the TV in the restaurant, namely Jason Burnside’s return, I frowned before calling over one of the waiters. “Turn that bloody thing off!” I said as I pointed to the TV.

“I’m sorry sir but other people are……” He trailed off as I stuck several hundred bills into his front pocket and sat back down.

“Anyone asks I gave you an early tip.” I told him and the waiter nodded. “Also can you check on our food?”

“I will do sir.” The waiter nodded before walking off, seconds later the TV went off and despite several complaints the waiter went back to doing his job but not before going into the kitchen to check on our food, Marty turned to me with a frown.

“Matthew, this whole Burnside situation has everyone on edge, especially Erick since we don’t know if he’s on anyone’s side.” Marty said as he took another sip. “But turning off the TV because it was showing a rerun of last week’s Climax Control?”

“I have enough things on my mind without having to be reminded of that.” I responded before standing up. “I’m going out for some fresh air, have the waiter call for me if the food arrives whilst I’m outside!”

“Got it, see you when you get back.” Marty responded and I walked out of the restaurant and into the street, things where pretty quiet (for a city) which let me know that I could conduct my promo for the match against Thatcher without much interruption.

“One year ago I won the SCW Roulette Championship from Bo Dreamwolf, after one successful defense of the title against Bobby Cage I lost the title to Casey Williams and since then I have not tasted single’s gold, that changes this week when I face Thatcher Rex for the SCW Roulette Championship in the Main Event of Climax Control, I have seen your promo Thatcher and to be honest I’m not impressed.”

Not at all, winning the title will be easy!

“For starters, you called me unworthy of holding the SCW Roulette Championship when you defeated James Huntington Hawkes the III for the title? That little brat is one of the biggest fluke champions in recent history! The only reason he beat Goth in the first place was because his bodyguard attacked him! And keep in mind, he’s my teammate and I’m being this critical of him, why yes I do hate the spoiled brat that much!”

He’s almost as annoying as the Jersey Shore Reject that’s also on my side!

“Not only that but it’s obvious that you’ve never watched one of my matches, if you had then you’d realize that there is more to me than just brains! I am the best wrestler on not only the Team Erick side but the entire SCW Roster! The fact that the two idiots you defend never gave me a second chance at a championship that I was cheated out of should tell you everything you need to know!”

If Thatcher was smart he’d jump ship.

“It’s a pity that Team SCW if full off talented wrestlers who don’t realize that Erick Staggs is the only man capable of taking this company to the next level but I digress! Thatcher you may model yourself after the T-Rex dinosaur but like that creature your title reign will soon go extinct! It’s that simple really, the only thing you have to be proud off is the fact that you beat a fluke champion who is no longer an active wrestler to win the title! Needless to say when I win the title I will have something to be proud off as well as the fact that I have brought the SCW Roulette Championship to Team Erick where it belongs!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Thatcher, you’re a man who lives in the past and I don’t just mean your obsession with dinosaurs! You think that your title reign is something to be proud off when in reality you’re only the champion because of who you beat! My name is “Prime Time” Matthew Kennedy and Thatcher Rex and his Roulette Championship reign are about to be cancelled.”

“Excuse me sir.” I turned around and saw the waiter standing behind me. “Your food’s done and it’s waiting for you at the table.”

“Thank you.” I said as I entered the restaurant only for the waiter to call out to me.

“Also someone left this for you, big guy, face concealed by hood.” The waiter said before handing over the note, I read it and frowned.

“Always watching, you’ll never know when I’ll strike next, signed JB.” I read the note outloud before crumbling it up and throwing it into the bin, I looked around the restaurant for Burnside but when I couldn’t see him I returned to my table as the scene fades.
user posted image

user posted image