Author Topic: At last!  (Read 873 times)

Offline Lizzie Short

• View Profile
    • "The Prodigy" Lizzie Short
At last!
« on: February 21, 2013, 09:45:49 PM »
 The match that Matthew had been waiting for since his first, and to date last, SCW Heavyweight Championship shot was upon him, Matthew was facing Nick Jones in a match that pretty much guaranteed that no-one could interfere, a Steel Cage Match, can Matthew win and finally focus on the title that started his war against Mark Ward?

Matthew’s hotel room, Las Vegas, Nevada
February 21st, 2013, 5:00pm

Encase you’re wondering why I didn’t get around to requesting promo time sooner, well now you know, myself, Marty and the most attractive prostitutes that the Skar Bros could find had been celebrating my inevitable victory over Nick Jones because after all, he’s nothing without those morons that he drags around with him.

But still, all good things must come to an end and we only had enough cash to hire the prostitutes for three days, three days well spent I might add, and at the moment we were cleaning up the mess left by our celebrations, and by that I mean the Skar Bros are cleaning up whilst me and Marty where relaxing, the room was a mess before but it was improving.

“Hey boss, aren’t you going to chip in and help us?” Zach asked as he finished tidying up and I turned to the bodyguard.

“I won’t be requiring your services at Blaze of Glory due to the stipulation that Christian put in place working both ways.” I responded with a frown. “I am paying the two of you double to do this to make up for that.”

“Won’t you get paid until after Blaze of Glory though?” Al pointed out as he folded his arms. “The least you could’ve done would’ve been to let us fuck the girls!”

“I paid you to find those women, nothing more, nothing less!” I responded and the two bodyguards frowned. “Don’t like it? Then go back to that backwater indy promotion I found you two in!” I added and the two brothers shared a look before storming out of the room.

“Matthew, are you sure that’s wise?” Marty asked once the brothers left. “Do we really want to risk another Burnside situation? If it weren’t for him basically bragging about the fact that he had framed us for having a part in Laura’s kidnapping my career would’ve been deader than a dinosaur who listens to disco!”

“First off, we agreed never to speak off that incident again!” I pointed out and Marty shook his head in response. “Second, where the bloody hell did that analogy come from?!”

“Honestly, I don’t know.” Marty admitted as he scratched his head in confusion.

“And third, I wouldn’t worry about them, Burnside was a thug and his actions destroyed my brother’s career and caused the worst few months of my wrestling career!” I pointed out and Marty frowned when he realized that I had a point. “The Skar Bros may be idiots but they at least know what they are doing in the ring!”

“Yeah, they know what they are doing for two guys who are greener than grass!” Marty grunted as he folded his arms.

“Besides, Burnside’s jump off the slippery slope was caused by two things, Casey’s attack on him, his feelings of betrayal and the fact that I brought you into the company shortly after the attack.” I pointed out and Marty frowned once he realized that I had a point. “None of that has happened to the Skar Bros and that won’t happen to them.”

“Never underestimate the power of idiots, who only care about money Matthew, I learned that back when I managed Jason Stevens in the Asylum Wrestling Alliance!” Marty pointed out and I frowned once I realized that he had a point. “If our plan for Blaze of Glory is going to work we need them on our side!”

“Don’t you think I know that?” I asked with a frown. “Keep them placated for now, take them to a strip club if you have too, I know you have a lot of money in your account.”

“But that just leaves one question, what about you Matthew? What are you going to do?” Marty asked and I motioned to the cameracrew. “Ah, right, better go find them, call me when you’re done!” Marty said before standing up and leaving the room, once I knew that I had some time alone I turned to the camera.

“Justice can be a slow process, especially if you live in a system as corrupt as SCW is, sure Christian does some good but for every smart decision he makes Mark does two things that piss off the wrestlers and, as much as I hate to say it, the fans! But alas, my patience has paid off! Christian finally put his foot down and booked myself and Nick Jones in a match where it’s guaranteed that no-one can interfere, a steel cage match!”

You have no idea how long I’ve waited for this!

“In another reality maybe, just maybe, Nick Jones and myself would be close allies but no, he had to go and ruin that by not only cheating to win our first match but aligning himself with the egomaniacal co-owner of SCW Mark Ward, in this match Nick alliances count for nothing! I finally have you all to myself and believe me when I say that I shall relish in every moment of your defeat!”

And that, unfortunately, won’t take very long.

“I know from our second match that you can’t win a match without cheating, our first match? If it weren’t for your idiotic cronies, our second match? You beat me by cheating despite my promise that I would end my crusade against Mark Ward if you beat me cleanly and thus you proved how big a moron you are! How Mark Ward hasn’t fired you at this point is beyond my comprehension!”

Oh right, because you’re a has-been…….I mean legend!

“Nick, you have been claiming ever since our match that you beat me cleanly despite all evidence to the contrary, I may have cheated to win in the past but at the very least I was bloody honest about it! You on the other hand can’t go five minutes without kissing your own ass! I will put an end to that nonsense at Blaze of Glory when I beat you decisively and focus on the title that started this whole mess, the SCW Heavyweight Championship!”

Are you really surprised that winning that title has been my goal all along? No? Good! Wrestling fans are smarter than I thought!

“Sure, you’ll say that Jordan Williams and Tom Dudely will stop me, once Tom comes back from suspension at least, but the way I see it is this! You are the centerpiece of Mark Ward’s stable of has-beens and once you fall everyone else will follow one by one until the only thing separating myself from the SCW Heavyweight Title is Spike Staggs!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Justice is a fickle thing Nick, for every good thing it does it screws over at least ten people, this match will be one instance where justice will be served! My name is “Prime Time” Matthew Kennedy and Nick Jones is about to be cancelled.”

I turned to my laptop as the scene fades.
user posted image

user posted image